[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mlp/'s Snap Judgment Rating Of Season 6 Episode 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

I’m doing this again.

Again, these responses were gathered over the last six hours via strawpoll, just the same as last.

We only got 191 ratings in that time, which is actually somewhat depressing considering we got 287 last time, with the average rating being 6.56. So yay, we actually got a messy number for once. The mode was 7, meaning that more Anons rated this episode as a 7 than any other specific number. As per usual I will add that 80.6% of Anons rated the episode as being somewhere between a 6 and a 10, whereas only 19.4% rated it as being somewhere between a 1 and a 5.

Standard deviation is a thing too. It's 19.13

For the sake of remaining the impartial data monkey I won't say anything past that. Though to disclose any bias I may have, I will state that I also rated this as a 7.

Discuss as you please. If you want me to try to do more data processing with this feel free to make a request and I'll see what I can do for you. I’m also gonna post the same thing with the extremes removed after this since there seems to be one Anon who always asks for it.

Again, thanks to anyone who went out of their way to repost the poll. Work is still work...
>>
>>27035403
The split for this version was 18.0% to 82.0% and everything else is listed on the actual chart so I’m not gonna bother typing anymore and I’m just gonna go make the thread now.
>>
The episode wasn't as good as the past ones so that may have contributed to the lack of interest.
>>
thanks anon. You should combine these into one single picture or something later. Data is always good.
>>
7 is the lazy answer anons give when they're not thinking deep thoughts about what the episode was like. 7 means "thank god, new pony" not "this episode was above average".
>>
>>27035462
this. I won't deny it, for me pony is pony and it's hard to me to give low scores (lower than 5 for example) unless the episode is REALLY shitty. But at the same time I try not to give 9s and 10s so easily so my votes usually move on the 5-7 range (5 "bad", 6 "meh", 7 "average") and higher only for very good episodes.
>>
7 is really the answer. Truly mixed bag, really.

weak start, beautiful song, cringy parts, feels...

yeah, this truly feels like a 7/10 season so far
>>
>>27035539
by now it has been in the S4 level. But we have only seen 4 episodes out of 26, so it's still very early to judge.
>>
>>27035462
This guy gets it. I'd personally give this episode a 6 at most. It had a nice dilemma and song, but the execution was kinda underwhelming.
>>
>>27035462
I got you senpai

>>27035532
Realistically you should be rating lower than 5 if you think the episode is legitimatley bad. However I personally don't think any of the episodes are legitimatley bad, they just tend not to be as good as they should be at times, so I won't hold that against you.
>>
I gave it a five, it just didn't do much for me. If there's one thing that hasn't changed since S1, it's that I don't like and don't care about the CMC.
I would actually expect this episode to rate even lower considering some of the reactions I've read. How did the Maud ep do?
>>
>>27035643
Oops, forgot the transparency. My bad!
>>
>inb4 Spike episode is the first above 7/10
>>
>>27035539
I would like to argue that some of the cringe in the show is completley intentional and is a measure of the shows self-awareness

>>27035653
>pic related
>>
>>27035462
I wonder if the school system has something to do with this; where 70 is considered to be the average you should at least be attaining.
>>
>>27035643
the scale should be considered as 5-6 being an average episode, 10 being your favorite 1-3 episodes only, and 1 being SAYS

so while 6-7 might say the episode is a "passing grade" under this scale it probably should be a 3-5
>>
>>27035684
Wow, clear seven. Nice.

>>27035695
I usually rate purely on how entertained I was because I don't care about overanalyzing a cartoon. Was it okay? 5. Did I laugh a couple times and liked it? 7-8. Was it really fun but something still irked me? 9. Tenouttaten? Tenouttaten.
Only when the episode is so bad I cannot even feel okay about it and don't want to rewatch do I get under 3.
>>
>>27035532
If 5 is the lowest any would consider rating pony, why not try a 1-5 poll?
>>
>>27035695
The thing is that it's fine for it to be left in somewhat subjective terms, because for things like this crowd logic is generally pretty good because the people who overrate tend to be balanced out by the people who underrate. So long as the extremes are defined in clear terms everything else should work out just fine so long as your sample size is big enough.

Also, it would be entirely fine for someone to rate an entire season with ten if they thought that they were all amazing. Idealy you would be rating the episode based on its merit as an independent work, as opposed to rating it in relation to the ones that come before or after it.
>>
File: fig-1-full.png (805KB, 2667x818px) Image search: [Google]
fig-1-full.png
805KB, 2667x818px
>>27035798
why not use this scale instead?
>>
File: Dead inside.jpg (54KB, 896x349px) Image search: [Google]
Dead inside.jpg
54KB, 896x349px
>>27035822
>>
>>27035798
well, I think some of us really have that "bias" towards giving high scores because we all like MLP, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try a 1-5 score poll
>>
>>27035867
Well, for now I'm gonna keep consistent so that the data I've accrued so far is still meaningful. It is something to consider in the future though.
>>
>>27035403
>standard deviation
>19.13
>>27035420
>20.32
A bit to high, don't you think? Don't forget that graphically the standard deviation represents the halfwidth of the gaussian. I'm guessing it should be something around 1.2 or 1.5 max.
>>
>>27036466
I'm gonna take some time to think about what you just said and think about my life choices. I'll figure out one of them and I'll get back to you when I do.

In the meantime I at the very least figured out what I did wrong, and now I remember why standard deviation is a pain in the ass with big samples...

I'll work something out and I'll make sure to announce the corrections next week, as well as post the up to date versions of the graphs.
>>
>>27036466
If you're still lurking, the actual values for those standard deviations will be 1.81 and 1.45, respectively. Then the SD for the joke one I made where I removed the number seven is 2.14

I'm rusty as fuck
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.