[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Rarity such a gold-digger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

File: r.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
Let's be honest here, she's about as generous as the fucking Grinch. She's barely capable of imagining gifting anything away without requiring something in return.
>>
>>27014822
>le Rarity isn't generous maymay
Epin
>>
>>27014822
Examples of such behavior, please.
>>
>>27014822
Still caring about the elements in 2016?
Really?
>>
>>27014857
>let me make your dresses
>so you can star them in a fashion show!
>well, if you must you can wear it to the gala

>oooh what is that a huge red gem spike?
>let me just manipulate you into giving it to me
>even though I'm literally a unicorn with a special power to find precious gems, I must take away somebody else's things

>oh my goodness! Twilight? So you're from Canterlot?
>let me just turn up friendliness to over 9000, in case I can juice something out of you later

The.fucking.Grinch.himself.
>>
File: 1459549417453.jpg (413KB, 1280x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1459549417453.jpg
413KB, 1280x1249px
>>27014822
Well that's okay darling, if you honestly think Rarity isn't a good pony that is completely your opinion and no one can change it by force. You are allowed to think whatever you want. I for one like Rarity a lot, so I think I'm going to go on and watch a Rarity episode and enjoy it. You can do the same, or go on and enjoy a different episode. What you like and dislike from the series is up to you to decide.
>>
>>27014822
Basic fucking writing boyo. Since characters in FIM are largely supposed to live up to a certain concept, the show creates conflict by testing them.
Therefore Rainbow has more problems with loyalty, Applejack more with honesty, and Rarity more with generosity.
>>
File: 1435527643225.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1435527643225.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>27014908
>>
>>27014908
pathetic.
nice try though
>>
>>27014938
You do have a point with Rainboom-crash, but Applejack is quite honest and upfront. Pinkie rarely turns depressed. Fluttershy had always been kind except for one episode. Twilight is a fucking alicorn now.
>>
File: notthisshitagain.png (173KB, 900x1048px) Image search: [Google]
notthisshitagain.png
173KB, 900x1048px
>Twiggy Piggy can't do any offensive magic, hence why the Glim Glam steamrolled her fucking face off

>Nobody gets more depressed than Ponk

>Dash betrays her friends more than any other character betrays anyone in the show

>Applejack has the worst track record for being honest and up front with people

>Nobody gets bitchier than Fluttershy

>Rarity overlooks her friends' needs quite often

See where I'm going with this? The whole fucking fandom has this retarded notion in their heads that the Mane Six are the best at their elements.

They are not. They are characters who face the trials of those elements the most often.

All the Mane Six are retards when it comes to their elements, and if you didn't know that, you never watched the fucking show.

Somebody /thread me

No, I'm not a Rarifag
>>
>>27015029

gotcha family.

/thread
>>
File: twi obese.gif (4MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
twi obese.gif
4MB, 460x259px
>>27015053
Now that somebody finally obliged this request, it feels a lot more shallow than I thought it would.
>>
>>27015029
/thread
People need to understand that all the characters have flaws and don't always live up to their element.
>>
>>27015029
>>Twiggy Piggy can't do any offensive magic
Fuck off, she can freeze like 20 ponies at the same time, travel through time, teleport, freeze ponies in giant ice, and shoot laser beams.
>>
>>27015064

feels a lot better when you have to earn it, huh?
>>
File: twi sass.png (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
twi sass.png
274KB, 1280x720px
>>27015185
>support magic
>offensive

Anyway, Ponk was clearly the one who shot the fully-auto laser beams in the Season 2 finale because she hasn't done anything offensively impressive since then, apart from the Ponk infestation and the Twilight's Kingdom shit... with the other alicorns' magic.

Glim Glam was LOUNGING mid fight with Twiggy. Sorry, her skill in battle itself is horrendously lacking.

>>27015202
qq
>>
>>27015212
No, Glimmer was protected by plot armor so thick it'd been visible to Luna on the fucking Moon, had she still lived there.

>hey let me just defeat an alicorn who's is the element of fucking magic

No wonder everybody hates her guts.
>>
>>27015289
I'll take a step back and admit that what I said is only a small bit of why Twi got steamrolled.

But still. Twilight was hesitant, and she didn't even take the initiative to freeze or kill the bitch when she was gonna rip the time scroll in half. Glim Glam didn't need plot armor to protect her. She had Twilight.

That's what I should've been saying.
>>
>>27015314
>hesitating to murder someone in cold blood is a bad thing

pls.
>>
File: react wtf am i reading pooh.png (763KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
react wtf am i reading pooh.png
763KB, 1312x1014px
>>27015338
>cold blood
>the whole fucking world is about to be effectively destroyed because some whiny cunt has abandonment issues
>>
>>27015019
>Applejack is quite honest and upfront
She still has a lot more honesty-related problems. While Applejack is largely honest, if you counted all the times characters in the show lied about critically important for the plot, Applejack would be lying the most. She's eventually tells the truth, but she still lies whenever the plot demands it, which isn't infrequent. Especially if the episode is about her.

>Pinkie rarely turns depressed
Because that's not how they "challenge" Pinkie. She might turn sad when she fails at something, but her plots tend to be about her relationship with another character.

Dash, AJ, and Rarity are the ones that are typically tested in roughly the same way.
>>
>>27015338
>>27015360
Let's not try to mix backwards shitty superhero logic into this too.
>>
Rarity is a whore.
>>
File: 1459008488430.jpg (89KB, 1100x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1459008488430.jpg
89KB, 1100x1113px
>>27014822
>rarity not generous

>>27015745
>ebin raraslut meme
Pic Related

And this is coming from a Dashfag

>>27015029
You're retarded. They all struggle with their element the most, but are still far better at it than most other characters.

>Twilight

Surpassed in magical power only by the literal god-rulers who move the sun and moon

>Pinkie

Far more consistently happy than virtually every character we ever see.

>Rainbow

I recuse myself from offering a substantial opinion because she's my waifu and I can't really be objective, but I don't recall her ever really betraying her friends. She's sometimes tempted, or has to balance loyalty to one pony with loyalty to another, but she remains far more loyal than practically every other character.

>Applejack

Upon further review, I concede that Applejack lies all the fucking time. But she does always end up telling the truth in the end.

>Fluttershy
Is bitchy in precisely one episode. Is nice in every other episode.

>Rarity

Is susceptible to putting her own needs first, but is far more frequently generous to every character. And when she does fuck up, she responds by making up for the failure and then some. She's far and away the most generous character.
>>
File: react baby file size.jpg (64KB, 631x630px) Image search: [Google]
react baby file size.jpg
64KB, 631x630px
>>27015914
>doesnt watch the show
>>
File: 1457493433345.png (216KB, 664x714px) Image search: [Google]
1457493433345.png
216KB, 664x714px
>>27015929
>I have no counterargument whatsoever
>so I'll just pretend that he's a fan of the fandumb, post a reaction image, and declare myself the winner
>>
>>27015990
My sympathy.
>>
>>27015914

>sometimes tempted

like that time she traded Fluttershy for a book?
>>
>>27015914
Whoa, whoa, WHOA, I just read this again.

>Pinkie Pie
>consistently happy
>consistently

I knew I was dodging some ebin bait when I didn't take your post seriously but holy shit.
>>
File: fuck off.png (178KB, 500x935px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
178KB, 500x935px
>>27016014
I see it differently, but if you'll recall, the attached qualifying statement points out that my opinion on Dash is highly subjective. In this instance, accepting your interpretation of the situation as unbiased and correct, I'd argue that particular failure is the result of Scott being a lazy fagit who chucked three seasons of characterization out the window because he needed a climactic conflict. More of a one off wtf moment than a consistent pattern of behavior. Plus, she immediately attempted to unfuck the situation once she actually realized what she'd done.

>>27016047
Yeah, Panko is only ever unhappy like one episode a season at most, so I don't know what the fuck you're on about. Pic related.
>>
>>27014822
She's a gold digger yes but she's still generous as fuck
>>
>>27015029
Dash is frequently tempted to betray her friends but she never auctualy does it.
Applejack just lies without a second thought
>>
>>27016190
>never actually does it

holy fucking shit there's not even any bait on that hook
>>
>>27015745
Rarity is a virgin because no stalion wants to sleep with her
>>
>>27016213
Coincidence? Or they know she's an unfaithful gold-digger?

I'd wager it's the latter
>>
>>27014822
Rarity isn't perfect; no-one is. Maybe the only time where she's greedy is Dragonshy, where she rightly so has the idea to (don't tell me you wouldn't try and steal gold from a dragon's hoard if it was distracted).
>>
>>27016505
Are you a kleptomaniac? Good people don't steal shit, whether or not their owner is asleep or not.
>>
File: What the flying fuck.png (146KB, 419x617px) Image search: [Google]
What the flying fuck.png
146KB, 419x617px
Where's the gold digger meme coming from? Because she tried to steal stuff from a dragon, or wanted to marry a Prince? Doesn't seem particularly crazy to me.

Also what the flying fuck Captcha.
>>
>>27016534
And you, a 4chan poster, surely must have the grandest idea of what a good person is. Not him, but stop lying to yourself. If you saw a giant pile of jewels and valuables, knowing that it was going to be eaten, not even used, you wouldn't just try to pick up a couple of things? Or, if you wouldn't steal, you've never, ever, ever done anything of equal value? Who are you, Jesus?
>>
>>27016567
She's also obsessed with gems and material things if you forgot. She has now, what, three stores now all across equestria?

More,more and more,that is pure greed.
>>
>>27016602
Two stores. Wow, someone trying to be successful in life, quick, call the cops! If you find that to be a problem, do you think that people in real life who try to run more than one store are criminals?

Also, everyone's interested with something, even in the series itself. Would you call someone who collects books greedy? Twilight should be put to death then. Are you that much of a beta cuck that this is what you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for to try to use as proof Rarity is really greedy?
>>
>>27016599
>And you, a 4chan poster, surely must have the grandest idea of what a good person is.
Probably better than somebody who collectively brands millions of people because they use a website which, for the most part (/b/ and /pol/ exceptions) isn't malicious in any way.

>If you saw a giant pile of jewels and valuables, knowing that it was going to be eaten, not even used, you wouldn't just try to pick up a couple of things?
No,because I'm not a filthy thief, what the fuck. Just because you don't have a moral compass doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either
>>
File: react jameson laugh.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
react jameson laugh.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>27016567
>that file
>>
Let's be honest here, he's about as straight as fucking Elton John. He's barely capable of fucking a woman without sucking dick in return.
>>
>>27016014
That shit is so overdone by mulp honestly.

It's pretty clear that she wasn't paying attention to the deal or what she was doing. She's dumdum and tunnel visionning, but not "hey let's betray my friend" kind of ebil.
>>
>>27016664
*tips fedora*
>>
>>27014822
The constant struggle between Rarity's generosity and her ambition is what makes her one of the more interesting characters on the show, IMO.

>>27016602
Do you even understand what a gold digger is? Because it's not related to any of that.
>>
>>27017272
Just ignore them. They're beta faggots rejected by Brittany/Stacy/whatever in school and now think that any character who is mostly girly is just a gold digging greedy whore.

High school must have been tough on them.
>>
>>27017349
>any character who is mostly girly is just a gold digging greedy whore.

Not at all. Fluttershy is just as girly,if not more than Rarity, yet you don't see her anybody accusing her of materialism, do you? Maybe it's because she has class, and she truly cares about others, not just looking out only for herself.
>>
>>27017679
Objection. When you have a character talking about dresses, and being pretty, styling their hair, so on, that aspect of "girly" triggers insecurity amongst these kind of people. Fluttershy on the other hand, while still girly, isn't strongly feminine as Rarity. Instead, she gives off the shy moe character vibe which people are more willing to flock towards. Hence why they can tend to be the most popular anime characters. The desire to be that "strong caring individual who will protect her at all costs" kind of thing. Rarity on the other hand, doesn't let people live out that kind of fantasy, as she can take care of herself quite well.
>>
>>27017705
>Fluttershy on the other hand, while still girly, isn't strongly feminine as Rarity.

Being feminine has nothing to do with what women like doing, but how they speak and act, what kinds of manners they have. Fluttershy acts like a shy girl. Always polite, kind, moves with grace, and speaks soft.

Rarity on the other hand is often incredibly rude towards others, she's all about me, myself and I, moves like a matron courtesan, and her voice is quite shrill. Do not let frilly dresses fool you. Inside, she's rotten.
>>
File: tumblr_lyk6lfxLw81ros4yoo1_500.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyk6lfxLw81ros4yoo1_500.gif
581KB, 500x375px
>>27017763
Okay anon. What was her name, who hurt you? Did she reject you because when you asked her out you spilled too much spaghetti, or was she creeped out by the way you watched her.

Also, thanks for furthering my point. The people who really hate Rarity are the "m'lady" Flutterfags. :^)

I challenge you to back up each of your claims. Oh, and they cannot be from instances where she learned the lesson in the end of the episode, I notice that part is often forgotten. Every character has episodes where they do shitty things and learn lessons, so please call out the instances where that doesn't happen. I bet you can't come up with 5 totally seperate reasons with that in mind.
>>
File: 1413492606080.png (1019KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1413492606080.png
1019KB, 1400x1400px
>>27014922
Thanks for this post, anon.
Everyone always replies to the argumentative ones.
>>
>>27017895
From the thumbnail, I thought Lyra had a long white beard.
>>
>>27017868
>Okay anon. What was her name, who hurt you? Did she reject you because when you asked her out you spilled too much spaghetti, or was she creeped out by the way you watched her.

I'm a straight girl you idiot. Unlike you, who's guided by your dick, I see things as they really are.

>Also, thanks for furthering my point. The people who really hate Rarity are the "m'lady" Flutterfags. :^)

Not at all. My favourite is actually Twilight.
>>
>>27014822
>The most wealthy of the main 6.
>Earned every bit she has through creativity and soul-crushing labour.
>Gives her friends gifts that take her days of personal work, each costing materials that would put the clothing well beyond the means of a normal pony, FOR FREE.
>"Gold-digger".

The straws are in the next province, senpai. Please stop grasping for them.
>>
>>27017763
Examples of Rarity being rude towards others?
And The others haven't been rude to others on several occasions, especially Rainbow?
>>
File: get_a_load_a_this_darling_cam.png (662KB, 874x820px) Image search: [Google]
get_a_load_a_this_darling_cam.png
662KB, 874x820px
>>27017763

get a load of this beta faggot
>>
>>27014988
I think he made a decent point
>>
>>27018769
Not really. They're practically head canons.
>>
File: 1459850224765.jpg (62KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
1459850224765.jpg
62KB, 777x656px
>>27018121
>I'm a straight girl you idiot
Being transgender doesn't count. You're still a dude. Also, fantastic job giving some reasons to back up your points.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.