[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 Legitimate reasons why I hate Twilight Sparkle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 29

1.In the Episode, the "Mysterious Mare do well" our princess in training shows a clear lack of judgment participating in a foalish revenge scheme in order to teach Dash a lesson for being such a braggart.
Of course the episode fails to teach us anything but that Rainbow Dashes friends are in fact, terrible friends who can't recognize that Rainbow Dash has self-esteem and insecurity issues.
I blame Twilight here specifically as she always seems to be the "voice of reason" and that nearly nothing goes on without her implicit say.
And it's not as though she were unable to decline this. In fact, her moralistic superiority, and habitual lecturing. and penchant for defacto talking down to others gives me a pretty clear inclination that it was in fact Twilight who campaigned to launch this petty revenge scheme.
Perhaps saying something along the lines of,
"I think it's time we teach Rainbow Dash a little lesson on humility."
>>
File: 67d.gif (678KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
67d.gif
678KB, 500x280px
>>26786793
In the Episode "Amending Fences" Twilight showcases just what an awful friend she truly is. Not showing up to Moondancers Party during a crucial moment in her development, led Moondancer to become socially awkward and reclusive, where as before she had potential, perhaps even as a princess, she now only serves as someone Twilight Sparkle can talk down to. A reminder of what she could have been. Moondancer probably spent several nights all on her own, wholly devoted to her studies, because she was otherwise empty inside.
These sorts of details were heavily downplayed during the episode, and cheap visual gags like such as Spike dressed like a maid, and that pony with a beaker on her head running around, were spotlighted, where Moondancers neglect is merely glanced over.
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: I'm your future Princess!.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
I'm your future Princess!.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>26786805
3. At the end of each episode for a while, Twilight gave a full synopsis as to the specific lesson she learned in that episode, but in "Lesson Zero" Twilight is willing to compromise her supposed belief system in order to not fail the supposed task Celestia had given her.

You could argue that somehow this makes her a more "human" character, but I argue the opposite, I think it makes her even more of an unrelatable cyborg-esque creature.
Ah yes, I remember my psychopathic obsession with success to the point where I abuse my position and sabotage others, making problems where they don't exist and throwing an entire town into chaos over a fucking book report because who fucking hasn't?

She quite literally that friend who will read you the riot act about recycling and then proceed to throw all her recyclables into the trash.

She has this habit of trying to force her misguided beliefs on others, without taking time to properly analyze what it is she's actually saying. She in my mind, never had the right to "teach" anyone, about anything. The student should have stayed the student.
>>
>>26786793
>blog posting
>namefagging
>tripfagging
>"foalish"

Wew lad, reel in some of that bait before you run out in the OP. Whoops, too late!
>>
File: 1450918431187.png (125KB, 853x937px) Image search: [Google]
1450918431187.png
125KB, 853x937px
>>
>>26786834
Magical Mystery Cure.
Holy fucking Celestia, let's make Twilight a Princess and give unlimited power to a neurotic psychopath because what could possibly go wrong right?
Nevermind the host of better qualified canditates, my personal favorite of whom being Applejack.
A consistently level-headed character who never makes impulsive decisions.
And actually Applejack would have benifited so much more from this decision, a wings and horn to an Earth pony? I mean she'd be more useful in a fight, and you could even play it up big time for laughs and her getting used to it.

Celestia would have to explain to Twilight why she isn't a fit candidate yet to become a Princess.

But no, of course not. Because let's reward Twilight for her Spike abuse, emotionally based decision making, and god-complex psychopathic behavior with unlimited power, a castle, and a royal title.

So now until the end of time Twilight can lecture all of the other characters to death about how much more they need to learn about friendship because apparently no one else but Twilight learned anything.
>>
>>26786856
5. In "What about Discord" Twilight again, post Princess-dom shows what a morallistically superior cunt she is, spending all weekend organizing books, and completely neglecting to spend even a single moment with her friends over a 3 day period.

Twilight then spends the rest of the episode, just baffled.

Baffled that she, miss-fucking perfect I read books all day Friendship Princess Bitch, was unable to in fact, maintain friendships.

But I actually do like the realistic portrayal of Discord here. Now see, I can imagine Discord IS, the type who could make legitimate friends.

Where as Twilight's friends are just placeholders for the Elements of harmony to Rainbowfuck baddies six ways to Sunday.

In real life, Twilight would have no friends, she'd be going to college for math, literature, and a liberal arts degree, blogging on her tumblr about all the "uneducated" and culture-less cesspool that our society has devolved into, and that we need to change the whole thing because muh vagina said so.

How anyone could ever like Twilight is beyond me. I'm sure I'll get called out for bait because wow, it's so impossible to have a contradictory opinion without it being bait.
>>
>>26786793
>>26786805
>>26786834
>>26786856
>>26786878
All fair complaints however as >>26786847
Points out your needlessly tripfagging so fuck of and make your point again in a week as an anon.
>>
File: image.png (275KB, 959x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
275KB, 959x1024px
Yeah, is cunt, that's why, I love she
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hu6IQdBU5A
>>
>>26786909
Auctualy scratch that they are mostly fair points but the idea that applejack is level headed is bullshit.

Also it's not fair to blame twilight for celestias decision to promote her.
>>
1. Agreed, however, by the time the scheme came up, Dash was already allowing her ego to put others in danger. Case in point, the very first person MDW saves would have ended up as a TV-PG splat, and Dash, being an idiot in an idiot plot doesn't try to join with MDW.

2. Huh, funny thing that, what could she have been possibly doing at that point, oh right the whole Nightmare Moon thing and getting called to work by her boss.

3.She'd, by that point always had a fear of failure, this was just her going into a freakout like Pinkie had in Party of One.

4. Yes, because as we've learned Alicorn are God's, who seem to be so ungodly even the lowest in power of real world myths would laugh at how pathetic they are. Phenomenal cosmic power, still taken down by plants, and a Jim Jones unicorn mare who can remove cutie marks.

5. Jesus, she spends time to herself, and, get this the episode makes it clear that it was only later that the rest of the main 6 even got all together with Discord that gave everybody the in jokes.

Scale it back namefag,. 5/10 git me to seriously bite.
>>
>>26787012
>2. Huh, funny thing that, what could she have been possibly doing at that point, oh right the whole Nightmare Moon thing and getting called to work by her boss
I'm pretty sure there were several years between the 2 events
>>
File: 1454893404316.gif (591KB, 233x209px) Image search: [Google]
1454893404316.gif
591KB, 233x209px
>>26787053
>The first episode opens with her ignoring moon dancers party.
>Years apart.
>>
>>26787053
Yes, several years between the very first episode of the series which had Spike's gift for Moondancer's party. The very same episode where she's assigned to Ponyville what seems to be mere hours later (at most a day due to the day after tomorrow being the 1000th Summer Sun Celebration after the banishing of Nightmare Moon). So how many years is that?

Apply yourself.
>>
>>26787012
>2. Huh, funny thing that, what could she have been possibly doing at that point, oh right the whole Nightmare Moon thing and getting called to work by her boss.
Right, because the whole Nightmare Moon thing didn't take less than a day to deal with, and she didn't even bother to tell Moondancer jack shit, not even a "Hey, sorry I can't come" or bother to revisit her until years later because "Oh shit! I had friends before!"

It's a bit odd that someone like that was able to become a princess of friendship. You'd think not being like that would be kind of a prerequisite in order to obtain such a position.
>>
>>26787198
>years later

Here we go again.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>26786793
>>
>>26787117
>>26787166
Well shit I may need to go back and rewatch the first episode
>>
>>26787203
At least a year has past since Nightmare Moon, not only have years been mentioned, but you can also count seasons, Nightmare Night, and birthdays.
>>
File: 1448928089568.png (141KB, 668x680px) Image search: [Google]
1448928089568.png
141KB, 668x680px
>>26787198
It's almost as if Twilight received character development and the watcher could see her steadily grow and mature into someone worthy of becoming a kind and compassionate princess. It's almost like she grew to appreciate friendship over three seasons to become a princess.
>>
>>26787221
Yes, a year. Not yearS.
>>
>not mentioning 'trade ya'
>>
>>26787198
I question celestia decision to send her off to make new friends instead of improving things with her current friends
My theory is she was such a shitty friend celestia did not even know about them.
>>
File: 1456805858841.png (59KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
1456805858841.png
59KB, 192x182px
>>26787225
>Twilight
>Character Development
O rly? You know normally a character is supposed to have faults in order to develop. Apparently Twilight didn't get that memo.

>>26787226
It was already a year as of Secret of My Excess, you seriously think seasons 3 and 4 don't add another year to that schedule making it "years"?
>>
>>26787198
Year later anon, at most a year and a half that was packed with quite a bit.

Oh wait are you one of those faggots who think 1 season = 1 year?

>>26787219
Do it, go back and rewatch everything, really fucks the nostalgia filter on some episodes. I used to love Boast Busters, but now it's in my bottom 5 of S1.
>>
>>26787248
Already a year. Spike had a birthday in S1?
>>
>>26787248
I'd say her severe neuroses and Responsibility OCD combined with an antisocial personality are some pretty glaring flaws for a character to have, and she still struggles with them to a certain degree
>>
File: 1449717032868.gif (255KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1449717032868.gif
255KB, 500x330px
>>26787243
The Elements probably played a big role in sending her to Ponyville as well.
>>
>>26787248
>It was already a year as of Secret of My Excess

I'm going to need you to sit down from your amazing mental gymnastics for a moment and tell me how the fuck you came to that conclusion.
>>
>>26786793
There's no such thing as a legitimate reason to hate anything. You shouldn't allow your emotions to supersede your better judgement.
>>
>>26787248
>O rly
Because Twilight was always the calm composed pony we no today and in no way was she awkward and dutifully lacking in a social skills. Definitely is still the same pony who would hypnotize the town because she couldn't right a letter.
>>
>>26787258
Pretty sure they say "They were in Ponyville for a year" in that episode. If it isn't that one, it's an episode close to it. I wouldn't say each season is a year after that, but I think it's extremely fair to say the rest of S2, S3 and S4 can count as another year, going by seasons.
>>
>>26787309
Find that quote and the episode in it and link it then.
>>
>>26787309
If that's so, I guess that guy who joked about Dash going in denial and making a drama about tank every winter was right
>>
>>26787329
That's what I'm looking for, don't get your dick stuck in your ass, I'll admit if I'm wrong.
>>
File: 1452067772715.jpg (20KB, 280x298px) Image search: [Google]
1452067772715.jpg
20KB, 280x298px
I think we can all agree the mlp timeline will never have a solid timeline.
>>
>>26787361
True that, the timeline has never really been that solid. Hell there's a hypothesis that Putting Your Hoof Down actually takes place pre-elements.
>>
>>26786793
>tripfag

Opinion discarded
>>
>>26787352
I'm not finding it in the episode. I either misremembered it, or it's somewhere else. Most likely the former, and I also don't feel like digging, so for the sake of argument I'll say I'm wrong.

But I'd still swear to it that it's been at least a year and a half from FiM to MMC, I'd find it ridiculous if Twilight became a Princess in any less time than that.
>>
>>26787248
No it wasent the second year untill towards the end of season 3 with the summer sun celebration

It's bullshit but it's undeniable that episode was the first summer sun celebration since the premier.

They seem to be appearing up now though.
>>
>>26786793
The only one of these that could have had a good point was the first one, and >>26787012
has already explained why your point is poorly thought out. Rainbow was endangering ponies lives in exchange for showmanship and needed to be brought down a peg. They could have talked to her about it, yes, but Rainbow is notoriously difficult to convince when she thinks she is in the right, and as we saw in her test episode, learns better by being shown things rather than being told things.

The rest of your points are actually the entire point of the episodes you are complaining about.

2. The point of the episode was to show you what can happen when you ignore friends. Twilight recognizes she was a horrible friend by the end, and I disagree with you about Moondancer's neglect being downplayed.

3. Again, the entire goal of the episode is to explain that Twilight is indeed letting her desire for success run her life, and the goal is to get her to recognize that she can't continue to function that way.

4. Every complaint you have is completely subjective, and I disagree entirely.

5. Again, you seem to have missed the point of the episode. The point was to show that you can keep friends without spending every waking moment with them, but you have to accept that you'll miss out on some things, and that is okay. Also, Discord planned the whole thing to make Twilight miss the event. It wasn't even her fault. DYEWTS?
>>
>>26787423
>I'd find it ridiculous if Twilight became a Princess in any less time than that.
Oh it is utterly ridiculous that's why there was so much rage when it was revealed that it had only been a fucking year.
>>
>>26787469
>Discord planned the whole thing to make Twilight miss the event
I auctualy disagree with this I think discord did nothing wrong in that episode and the ponys had no reason to get mad at him at the end.
>>
>>26787506
>I disagree with something that actually happened

Okay then.
>>
File: 1452069043899.jpg (41KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452069043899.jpg
41KB, 200x303px
>>26787506
He did go out of his way to make Twilight feel as miserable as possible through out the episode. Even "admitting" by saying how he "might" found pleasure in seeing Twilight struggle. The whole laughing at someone rather than with someone spiel.
>>
>>26787532
Well OK you are right he did act like a dick about it but I'm sure he had twilights best interests at heart when he encouraged them to leave her to her sorting.
>>
>>26787540
True, he probably did have her best interest at heart. However his "means" of doing so were rude, well intentioned, but rude none the less. A small scolding by the ponies probably served as his own lesson to take other ponies feelings into consideration, rather then playing "dungeon master" without consequence. Benevolent manipulation is still manipulation.
>>
File: 20140207225336.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
20140207225336.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
It's almost as if this is a kids' show with characters whose personalities are supposed to be relatable to KIDS.
For fuck's sake. Of course they aren't going to make perfectly rational decisions all of the time.
The writers write the plot and the characters in such a way that children are able to easily follow the plot. To make it make perfect sense would be boring(to a kid) and adultish. That isn't what kids want, so that's not what the show is about.
>>
Damn, After lurking in this thread I feel kinda bad for hating Twilight just because she's so very special!
>>
I couldn't have been the only one who found the trip name >Dr. Logic pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>26787409
Nice memememememememememememememe
>>
File: Fuck you spike.png (267KB, 744x456px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you spike.png
267KB, 744x456px
>>26787012
>>26787469

I suppose I need to provide another example? Let's look at "Feeling Pinkie Keen"
An overlooked scene is at the very beginning, Twilight berates poor Spike as he's distracted by Pinkie wearing a rainbow umbrella hat.

Even after Spike is almost knocked out by a rock that Twilight levitates over his head, she blames Spike for being distracted because "the magic needs their full attention."

Oh yeah, I'm sure you really need to learn this pointless spell of turning leaves into a fucking Tuxedo because that'll totally come in handy all the time.

And from there on it's Twilight constantly fedora tipping she can't just accept that something is happening that doesn't have a solid explanation.

No her autism single hoofedly puts all of her friends in danger all because she couldn't believe that something magical happened in a magical world

>>26787584
>It's a kids show, it totally excuses Twilight for being an irredeemable bitch!

>>26787596
Yeah, a special fucking snowflake.
>>
>>26787668
>Missing the point of the episode
I'll give you she was rude to spike in the beginning. However she learned to accept Pinkie's madness, the very point your making now, and really how would/could she have known about the Hydra?
>>
>>26786856
>Applejack
>a qualified candidate for a princess
>not a self-centered psychopath

I'm sorry, did you WATCH the episode in which Applejack insisted that none of her friends were as good as her so they couldn't help her buck apples? Even when she was literally killing herself working so hard, she insisted there was no possible way any of her friends can help her. In fact, she was so condescending that not only did she think that no one could possibly help her in her state, but she still thought that she could ALSO help other people with the things they were doing.

You are clearly drunk. Try again to muster up unreasonable hate in the morning.
>>
>>26786856
Kill yourself
>>
>>26787768
The fuck kinda episode did you watch. The whole point was that you can't do everything alone, and when you need help ask for it.
>>
File: 1453485213027.jpg (39KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
1453485213027.jpg
39KB, 381x381px
>>26787799
Those two anons make everyone on the show seem like psychopaths. Its like hearing first year Literature students interpret Wheres Waldo.
>>
File: img-311406-2-mlpfim_ep2074.png (226KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
img-311406-2-mlpfim_ep2074.png
226KB, 640x360px
>>26787693
>I'll give you she was rude to spike in the beginning.

Literally every single Spike episode is like a kick to the nards.
To site specific instances of every case of abuse would be like to extract all the salt from the ocean.

There's so much there that there simply isn't any point.

Heres something, why does Twilight not just red-pill Spike and tell him that Rarity is just using him?
Or better yet, just date the little purple lizard herself?

I know, he's just a mailbox/slave, how dare I suggest the mighty Princess have a romantic relationship.

It's not like they share a room, spend exorbitant amounts of time together, work well as a duo, and have a similar color scheme.

Inb4,
>b-but they're family
It's a pony and a dragon holy shit they aren't even blood related.

>>26787768
>>26787771
It's called being self reliant, unlike Twilight using her mailbox slave to do everything, even going so far as to get a new pet just so the pet can work the night shift!

Applejack is the pinnacle of perfection, the true patricians waifu. She's kind, honest, loyal (even more so than Dash).

She's down to earth, level headed, strong, compassionate, and a caring sister/family member.

And she doesn't even have the luxury of parents. So fuck you and your completely shit taste you cockgobbling faggot.
>>
>>26787858
You rebutted my point with a massive tangent on Twilight dating spike. There's not even a facet here for me to argue logically.

Also, their comes a point where self-reliance is damaging. She was clearly taking on a task that required her family and was hurting herself (and Rainbow) in the process. The point of the episode was to learn that its okay to accept help when you need it.
>>
>>26787858
>applejack
>honest
She constantly fails to represent her element
>>
>>26787934
That not how you spell Rainbow Dash or Rarity
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 530x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 530x702px
ITT: retards who take a children show too seriously
>>
File: Come on in, the water is fine.png (127KB, 1074x744px) Image search: [Google]
Come on in, the water is fine.png
127KB, 1074x744px
>>26787913
Ok, the point wasn't that she would have known about the Hydra, but she still put her friends in danger.

Pinkies senses wouldn't have gone off in the first place if Twilight wasn't so autistic.

Also,
>Implying being so self reliant to the point of hurting yourself isn't a positive trait.

Implying Applejack doesn't have the best work ethic, with a real get-er done kinda attitude.

>>26787934
Oh and what does Twilight represent? Magic?

Thats why she sucks at it and is constantly being outclassed right?

And why she needed Rainbow Dashes sonic rainboom to activate her cutie mark right?

This is why Applejack is so much better.

Applejack despite her failings is still the most dependable pony. Always willing to work hard to get the job done.

And let's talk about "honesty" here.

Honesty isn't really an element of friendship at all. Applejacks element should have been "the element of dependability" BUT I'm pretty sure the writers have autism so whatever.
>>
File: 1457619178983.png (168KB, 218x301px) Image search: [Google]
1457619178983.png
168KB, 218x301px
>>26787969
>It's an "Anon attempts to bait Dashfags and Rarifags" episode
>>
>>26786793
>>26786805
>>26786834
>>26786878
>character flaws are bad
no.

>>26786856
>MMC was bad
no shit.
>>
>>26787969
Rarity represents her element more then any other character
She's self centered not selfish
>>
>>26788001
>And why she needed Rainbow Dashes sonic rainboom to activate her cutie mark right?
That is why her origin was the most bullshit.
>>
>>26786856
>A consistently level-headed character who never makes impulsive decisions.

Need i remind you about the fact that she, with NO WORDS SPOKEN TO ANYONE went into self-exile for days over a fucking rodeo RIBBON? I dunno about you but that fucking seems like an impulsive decision to me.
>>
>>26788520
And she lied about her results in the rodeo.

I get that they were counting on her to be able to fix the hall but still.
>>
File: 1428982373331.jpg (47KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1428982373331.jpg
47KB, 625x626px
>>26787858
>Inb4 >b-but they're family
>It's a pony and a dragon holy shit they aren't even blood related.

Reminder that twilight (yes even as a kid, doesn't fucking matter) fucking HATCHED Spike from his egg.

>What is adoption?
>What is adoptive parenting?

Holy fuck bait harder.
>>
>>26788549
To at least give her SOME credit,she didn't lie about her results at all.The whole point of the episode was that she promised X results and got (X-y) instead, but instead of admitting it she feigned silence and ran.
>>
>>26788001
>Dependable
>Literally checks in every 2 seconds on her sister to the point of invasion of fucking privacy

She's just as autistic as Twiggles, get over yourself.
>>
>>26788637
OH and WHILE i'm at it, here's another "great" example of being dependable, while being on the "Somepony to watch over me" tangent.

Remember those pies she had to deliver with Big Mac? Yeah, you know, the pies she was tasked (As in a fucking JOB to do?) with?

How would you like if someone "so dependable" that you gave a fucking job to do, would on a fucking WHIM drop it in the middle of the fucking road just to "run back one last time" to autistically check every last single fucking detail about her "little baby sister" that she already explained (overly) a million times? Real fucking dependable, can't even do a job without shitting herself.
>>
File: 686278911.jpg (29KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
686278911.jpg
29KB, 375x305px
>>26786793

Then give me 5 reason why you love twilight?

gotta have both sides man
>>
>>26788684
I don't think it works like that
>>
>>26787982
Hey, at least that comic knows its place.
>>
>>26788607
The only lie Apple ID s good at is one of omission. Why do I get the feeling OP is pointing out the insane leaps we all take because 4chan is built on logical fallacies.
>>
File: girugamesh_guy.png (173KB, 630x374px) Image search: [Google]
girugamesh_guy.png
173KB, 630x374px
> TL;DR I'M A TOTAL FUCKING KEK

Simplified that for you, OP
>>
>>26786793
>>twilight is usually the voice of reason.
thats not how you spell applejack.

twilight is a fucking shut in grown ass mare who barely knows what a friend is and is finding out how to make and keep one in her adult life rather than her childhood. why you think she should be privy to RD's crippling insecurities is beyond me.

You can hate twilight because of that, but the fact that she has these weaknesses and they aren't called attention to is a mark of realism in an otherwise contrived show.

>>26786805
As previously established, Twilight is litterally a dog with a chemistry set when it comes to friendship, you got what you paid for.

>>26786834
Twilight is a fucking nut case, already went over that in a way, but what do you think being the tutor of litterally mlp's form of the EMPEROR PROTECTS is going to do to a fragile filly mind? It does make her more human, you'd have to be a retard to insist otherwise. what that doesn't make her, and what you are obviously groping for despite being inept about it, is that it doesn't make her relatable. good for you? you don't relate to twilights struggle, maybe a lot of people don't. You know who fucking does? children. children constantly try to please their parents for the most part, so of course theyre going to show a lesson on how not to go off the deep end when you don't have anything cool to show to dad and he seems more concerned about his beer and is being short with you.

>>She has this habit of trying to force her misguided beliefs on others, without taking time to properly analyze what it is she's actually saying.
welcome to any product of higher education.

>>26786856
Magical mystery cure is a fucking trainwreck of storytelling and most twilight fans, whether they like alicorn or not, agree on that.

>>26786878
>>it takes time and effort to overcome your gaping flaws
No fucking shit sherlock.

Listen asswhipe, this may come as a surprise to you, but most people like flawed protagonists.
>>
>the first bullet point actually supports the case that Twiggy is a good friend

>the second bullet point implies htat Twilight's pre-first-episode self reflects who she is today

>the third bullet point pretty much implies that having problems to grow out of is anything less than a necessity

>not even gonna acknowledge or read 4 after the first sentence

>5th bullet point reveals that OP is clingy as hell and thinks that reclusion for 3 days is something big

51% of the reason my elbow will remain clear of your throat is that you'd be too stupid to feel it, OP.
>>
File: 1441970106497.jpg (99KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1441970106497.jpg
99KB, 752x1063px
>>26789639
>Applejack
>voice of reason
>has the highest lie tally count of any character in the fucking show, despite embodying the element of Honesty
>you dont watch the show

holy shit, this is the most cancerous fucking thread I've seen since pic related
>>
>>26789639
>Appulhoers
>anything but family and being an idiot when she bites off more than she can chew.

ISHYGDDT.
>>
>>26789679
>>applejack
>>not the voice of reason
just because someone is a lying little cunt doesn't make their advice not reasonable dipshit, but I assume someone who can't handle flawed characters wouldn't understand how fucking common the down to earth rouge is as a character archtype.
>>
>>26789691
Sorry, the occasional good piece of wisdom doesn't outweigh the fact that she's squandering the magical fucking embodiment of honesty by being a spineless bitch half the time.

not that ANY other mane 6 is any different
'Shy has the biggest cruelty streaks
Pinkie has the deepest depressions
Dash betrays people more than Discord and Tirek combined, quantitatively
Rarity is a selfish bitch
Twiggy, the element of magic, doesn't know shit about offensive magic
>>
>>26789699
You make an excellent point, but for my arguement not your own, you already made it clear that the ponies being shit at what they do is unremarkabley common. This negates it as a factor.

I'll re-impress upon you the obvious factor that put of the ones you listed that applejack is the strongest voice of reason, at least to the point to make putting twilight as the voice of reason to be pants on head retarded.

Possible alternatives to applejack I suppose could see pinkie pie beat her out. I'm honestly not sure how to weight the difference between the voice of reason and the voice of meta.
>>
File: Le ebin trashman.jpg (262KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Le ebin trashman.jpg
262KB, 800x800px
Sage goes in all fields
>>
>>26788001
This is not correct. Pinkie's senses going off actually saved Fluttershy. Fluttershy was going to Froggy-Bottom bog to drop off the frogs anyway. Pinkies senses about something huge going down at Froggy-Bottom bog made everyone think something big was happening there, so they all rushed to help because they thought Fluttershy was in danger. Her senses were actually flipping out about Twilight coming to grips with the fact that it didn't make sense, but they saved Fluttershy.

Twilight is the element of magic, and she isn't outclassed at it constantly. It also doesn't mean she has to be the best at it, though. It means that she exemplifies what magic should be. Now, I'm not positive what that means because it isn't explained, but Twilight's magic is tempered by knowledge and, later on, friendship. The other unicorns in the show who are antagonists do not prove to have the same traits that Twilight shows us. Trixie has no friends, and uses her power as a unicorn to first, embarrass others and lie about her own skill, then she uses augmentation to overpower and dominate ponies. Flim and Flam use their powers to cheat people, and Starlight Glimmer, who Twilight admits is just as good at magic as her, uses her powers to oppress other ponies.

..cont.
>>
>>26788001
>>26789749

The reason Twilight needed the rainboom, why all of the mane six needed the rainboom, was to show that they are all connected. Rainbow wouldn't have done the rainboom if she had not been proving her loyalty to Fluttershy, Applejack was being honest with herself when it happened, Rarity was generously trying to improve costumes for the play, Fluttershy was being kind to animals, Pinkie was searching for something to bring laughter to others, and lastly, Twilight was attempting magic. The important point here is that Twilight even says it in the second episode, is that the magic isn't there without friendship. Once the rainboom happened, connecting all six of them together, Twilight was able to perform far better than she normally would. She didn't know it, but the elements did.
>>
>>26789711
>it's common, so it's fine

This is a satirical representation of every form of organized ignorance in human history. Hope it was bait.
>>
File: Infinitely better.png (96KB, 283x301px) Image search: [Google]
Infinitely better.png
96KB, 283x301px
>>26787934
I remember when Twilight stopped GlimGlam from taking away their cutie marks, oh wait..

>>26788664
>Being a nice big sister is a bad thing.

If this is a character flaw, then my name is Sally. Because last time I checked being kind and caring was one of the elements of harmony, so it can't be bad.

>>26789679
Lying isn't even something that will make you lose friends. In fact, lies will help you keep friends 99 percent of the time.
Source- Someone who actually has friends.

Like Dr Logic said, Applejack is the element of Dependability, not honesty. You don't have to be honest to have friends.
>>
>>26790550
having godlike magical power and knowing a shitton of advanced spell doesn't necessarily make you good at fighting. she's not the element of combat.
>>
File: Salty.png (148KB, 317x310px) Image search: [Google]
Salty.png
148KB, 317x310px
>>26786793
>Legitimate reasons
>Lists 'Mysterious Mare Do Well' as point unero numo

How are dashfags still butthurt over this?
>>
>>26790104
>>it's common so it's fine.
yes that's how it works when you are attempting to convey ideas to an audience.
>>
>>26790550
Sure, whatever you say, Sally.
>>
>>26786915
She is no longer like that. They vitiated her character.
>>
>>26791297
That episode is literally not canon.
>>
>>26791421
Got a source on that, friendo?
>>
>>26786793
I don't dislike her as much as you but you certainly have valid points.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.