[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vampony CYOA #16.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 5

File: vamp 16.5.png (15KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
vamp 16.5.png
15KB, 470x317px
Archive from the start: https://www.anonpone.com/vampony/24981509#navbar
Inventory/Player Info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CmvuNPhx2qKfOgB8Yze97VohAdWfaPMi3ZgQVNWr4eM/edit?usp=sharing
======
Summary:
You are Mango, a Batpony from a small town near Las Pegasus turned vampire by Fierce Fang. After refusing an offer to join him, Mango fled a bounty in Las Pegasus caused by her feeding habits.
She fled to Ponyville, but was tricked into divulging her Vampire status to Zecora, and the Zebra snitched to Twilight who then confronted Mango in the Castle of the Two Sisters.
Caught between a rock and a hard place, Mango tentatively went along with Twilight's plan to send her to infiltrate a group of vampires in Canterlot, though not until she gets help renegotiating the terms of the arrangement thanks to Fluttershy, and joined the Adventurer's Guild to put her powers to lawful use.
She made her way to Canterlot where she found the meeting was about Fierce Fang and his attacks on other Vampires and mortals.
The group of Vampires called themselves the "Council" and seem to be mostly concerned about keeping up a facade that benefits their current lifestyle.
The meetings end with one of the members nearly killed, supposedly by Fang's goons. Fearing that the member was told about Mango's alliance with Twilight, Mango confessed this to June Bug, one of the members Mango had developed a friendship with.
This was taken rather poorly by the other Vampires, but not so much that they harmed Mango, and she left Canterlot for Ponyville by train, feeling alone yet again.
The train experienced a robbery, and despite taking some buckshot, Mango stopped the robbers.
Once back in Ponyville, she went to report to Twilight. She wasn't happy about Mango revealing herself, but was glad to get some new info.
>After visiting some doctors who ran painful tests on her, Mango is back at the Castle, trying to learn how to use clouds.
======
>>
>You check outside, and the sun is going down.
>The shade in the forest is easily enough to keep the sun off, so you just pull on your hoodie and go looking for a stream or something.
>It's not long before you find a clear pond, but you notice that there's some sort of creature swimming in it, near a stream that feeds the waterhole. You can't tell if it's just a normal Alligator or something worse.
>Still, you're pretty sure it hasn't spotted you.
>>
>>26646351
Just keep on walking mango. Look for a small waterfall or something.
>>
>>26646351
Eh keep on walking I don't want to engage alligator
>>
>>26646505
>>26646370
>You keep walking, hoping to come across a friendlier waterhole.
>Back on the path, you keep the Castle in view while searching.
>As you near a small depression you had hoped contained water, you instead start to hear snarls.
>Instinctively you jump into a nearby bush, swiveling you ears to find the location of the noise.
>You start to hear barks and growls, and you're able to pinpoint the source.
>A pair of wolves, real flesh wolves, is being attacked by a pack of four timberwolves.
>One is badly injured, and the other is guarding the fallen.
>Between you and the wolves, the timberwolves circle and growl, pouncing on the wounded wolf when the other gets distracted.
>Still the real wolves look to be bigger and meaner than the wooden automatons, and piles of broken sticks surround them.
>You'd love nothing more than to get out of here, but you're afraid that leaving the bush might attract the canine's attention.
>input action
>>
>>26646630
Welp I'd rather just let nature take its course but the timberwolves will probably just come after us next. Also we can probably collect some bounty money off their corpses.

We're out numbered so we should try and play smart, Is there a cloud in the sky we can use and shoot ice shards at the timberwolves?
>>
>>26646630
Kill the timberwolves.
>>
>>26646630
>Not only one, but TWO possible canine followers?
KILL TIMBERWOLVES NOAW FOR FRIENDSHIP
>>
>>26646748
You aren't normal its 4v2 if we join in
Let it happen lets get outta here silently
>>
>>26646760
>not wanting wolf friends by saving them
bro what are you, gay?
>>
>>26646770
Wolf buddy is cool and all but I'm sort of a person that likes to save their own skin
>>
>>26646730
>>26646748
>>26646758
>>26646770
>You see some clouds, but they're all above tree level.
>If you got one, you stand a chance of getting burned by the sunset.
>But still, you don't want actual animals to get harmed by these wooden monsters.
>Do you try for the cloud, or do you have a better plan?
>>
>>26646808
Well going for direct charge won't go its 4 Timberwolves hmm maybe we can make ice from water and launch that at Timberwolves
>>
>>26646817
I don't think there is any water near us unless we're still next to the stream.

>>26646808
I guess we could try to make a dash for the clouds perhaps the sun won't get us if were hiding inside one of them. But we'd still need to pull it down.
>>
>>26646748
[s]edgy[s]
>>
>>26646877
We could also use our revolver to scare off the timberwolves with a loud gunshot.
>>
>>26646916
More likely to get wolves on us
And then we have no tactical advantage
>>
>>26646808
A sudden sneak attack against the Timberwolves. Then we retreat and hope some follow.
>>
>>26646877
Clouds don't block sunlight.
>>
Bump for mango the heroic bat
>>
>>26647773
>>
>>26646808
Fine seeing how everyone is just shooting down ideas and not really coming up with anything let's just go for the cloud.
>>
>>26649156
We just throw ice at them ok
How hard is that
>>
>>26649239
Well depends on how you want to go about it.
With the cloud it would be easy but we just stand the risk of getting burned by the sunset.

Without the cloud, it would be very hard because we've never been able to shoot ice without a water source and we left the stream we were at. But we did shoot an ice loogie at a box before so that might work again.

Then again we could still be near an open source of water I don't think MA was very clear on if we were completely away from the stream or not.
>>
>>26648993
>>
>>26649323
Yeah if we are close to stream it's safer to try experimental ice arrow rather than move cloud and risk sunburn
atleast in my book
>>
>>26651696
>>
bump of the night
>>
>>26653315
>>
>>26646817
>>26646877
>>26649156
>>26649239
>>26649323
>>26651040
>You wish you were closer to that steam, but right now you're pretty far from any standing water.
>The closest source that you can see is the cloud above.
>You hear a wolf whimper as one of the timberwolves rakes it with a claw.
>You need to make a choice.
>>
>>26654522
Let's go for the cloud and bring it down as fast as we can and burst it into an ice storm at the timber-wolves, a slight burn is worth a companion to help protect our new home
>>
>>26654522
Nobody shot down >>26647186 why didn't you use it?
>>
>>26654535
We'll be reduced to ash before we get in range.
>>
>>26654522
The option of a basic sneak attack has been on the table since before you posted.
>>
>>26654560
I'm with this guy.
>>
>>26654560
>>26655141
>You decide that grabbing a cloud is too risky, so you attempt to attack the timberwolves unaware.
>You creep up and grab one that passes by, slamming a hoof through it's barky back.
>It whimpers and scurries away, right for the defending wolf.
>With a savage bite on it's neck, the wooden creature is shaken apart into twigs, leaving just the glowing taproot behind.
>Your cover blown, the other three timberwolves group together, growling.
>The wolves stay put, either due to the injured one's inability, or the fact that they mistrust you just as much as they mistrust the timberwolves.
>input action
>>
>>26655214
Let's speak softly and try to show we aren't going to hurt them. Do we have anymore meatsticks leftover?
>>
>>26655214
It's dangerous, but wolves are pack animals, so we need to establish ourselves as the alpha protecting the pack.

Put ourselves between the injured wolf and the timberwolves, get ready to really fight.
Swing at the first one to charge us.
>>
>>26655214
Try moving away from the normal wolves. See if the group breaks up or focus on one of us.
>>
>>26655214
Welp lets fuck em up.

Prepare for a pouch from one of the timberwolves and get ready to counter punch it in the face.

If multiple wolves attack we can just mist past them and attack and get as many strikes in as we can.
>>
>>26655230
>>26655257
>>26655285
>You maneuver towards the wolves, while readying for the timberwolves to attack.
>You think you might win over the wolves with a meatstick, but you don't exactly have time to toss them one yet.
>They all pounce at you together, but your solid metal hoof guards make great shields.
>One bounces of the metal barriers, while the other two miss you completely.
>You're able to punch one as it passes, smashing much of it's core branches, causing it to whimper away.
>You notice that the wolves that missed seemed to really be heading for the flesh and blood wolves, but since one was caught be your punch the other was easily driven back off.
>The timberwolves are now separated, two behind you and one in front.
>input action
>>
>>26655563
Turn and swing at one of the timberwolves going for the injured wolf.
>>
>>26655563
Turn around try to grab on of the timberwolves by the tail and toss it at the other.
>>
>>26655891
By toss I mean swing.it so they both get knocked away from the injured wolf.
>>
>>26655602
>>26655891
>>26655905
>You try to grab one of the branches that make up the creature's tail, but the thin branch slips through your grasp.
>It turns to you and pounces, but slams into your ready guard.
>It bites, but is only able to get its jaws around the metal guard.
>The injured timberwolf starts to glow as branches hover up from the ground and into it's body.
>The other timberwolf, likely the alpha of this group, attacks you from the side.
>It's claw swipe slices into your hoodie, but misses your skin, while it's jaws snap on air.
>input action
>>
>>26655968
Bash the alpha's head in.
And hopefully cause the others to run in fear once it's been defeated.
>>
>>26655968
Having the wolves see us take down the alpha would probably be beneficial to having them bond with us.

Slam a hoof into its skull.
>>
>>26656011
>>26656087
>You note the larger timberwolf, and focus on it.
>You attempt to slam your hoof down on it's head, but it sees your wind up and catches the blow in its mouth.
>Still, it's bite can't do anything against the metal around your hooves.
>However, while distracted the smaller wooden creature slashes at your side and finally finds purchase. You grunt with pain, and the timberwolf seems to notice, because it bites the same spot.
20/30 HP
>The wounded one continues to regenerate, slowly pulling dead wood into it's body.
>>
>>26656118
Is the alpha still attached to our hoof?
>>
>>26656152
yes
>>
>>26656118
While the wolf has its mouth around our hoof smash its head.

Then take care of the other wolf by bodyslaming it.
>>
>>26646317
That is seriously the ugliest fucking pic. Only batfags would love shit like that.
>>
>>26656160
Change that bodyslam into in elbow drop.
But only do something like that if its still happens to be attach to us from biting.
>>
>>26656160
>>26656429
>You beat on the larger timberwolf's head, causing loads of twigs to fall out of the creature's body, and it loses it's grip.
>All the while the other timberwolf tries to bite at your side, but during your bashing it gets too close to the flesh and blood wolf, who snaps and swipes at the interloper.
>You then bring a blow down upon the smaller wolf, smashing it completely into twigs.
>The Alpha resumes it savagery, missing with it's claws, but throwing you off balance, and biting down on your neck.
12/30 HP
>The glowing wolf suddenly stops, fully healed, and begins squaring off with the wolves.
>>
>>26656505
Fuck, we can't let that thing continue to attack. Would we be able to reach out to it's taproot to try to freeze it?
>>
>>26656519
This
>>
>>26656505
If we really start to eat shit then try and fly away.
>>
>>26656505
If the sun has gone down a bit during this shit fest maybe we can try and grab a cloud now.

If that dosnt work we should probably try to into the air and starting flying charges at the thes guys and keep sweeping at them from above.
>>
>>26656519
>>26656663
>>26656659
>You see the taproot of the Alpha and try to aim for it.
>Your punch misses the magical organ, but still hits the wolf in the body, smashing through the bundles of branches.
>The light in the timberwolf's eyes is flickering, he can't take much more of this.
>Still, he doesn't let up, and shakes his head, causing his teeth to tear into your skin.
8/30 HP
>Meanwhile the real wolf is losing ground to the unchecked timberwolf. The smaller wooden creature is dodging the large wolf's swipes, but hitting with it's own.
>The wounded wolf can do nothing but growl and whimper.
>input action.
>>
Welp im off to bed try not to die.
>>
>>26656712
Let's try that one more time, even if we miss the root itself, at least we confirmed it can seem to disrupt the magic that keeps it together if we hit somewhere else anyways
>>
Just to clarify some things, Mango gets one action during combat
She might get bonus actions or reactions during level ups, but not right now.
Attacking or getting out of a grapple is an action.

It's DnD, but simplified.

Anyway, I just saw the time. I gotta sleep.
>>
>>26656712
I knew fighting 4v2 wasn't good idea from start were still too fucking weak
Well shit try once again to hit head wolf and if by then we still lose HP haul ass outta there is not worth dying well still have to heal our wound too
>>
Learn to bump guise
>>
>>26656973
It's seriously just one of them that's killing us. All that business and we're still hardly stronger than one fucking tinmberwolf.
>>
>>26658008
Mango needs to git gud we need to train a lot more
>>
>>26658008
>>26658267
Well we only lvled up once and now we're trying to fight a pack of regenerating wolves, not the best idea.

We need to feed more to get stronger.
>>
>>26656712
Lets ignore getting better weapons for a while and focus on armor since we seem to be pretty squishy.
>>
>>26656712
We can't stick around. Try to hit the alpha again, then we need to get out.
>>
>>26658824
Interesting so theoretically if we had a supply of pony blood to us we could keep drinking and get free level ups
Without having to kill anyone?
>>
>>26659788
Well no..

We need to take blood from a living pony but after some practicing we'll be able to take blood from any pony without killing anyone like the older vampires.We were pretty close the last time.

Once we get it right the first time it only gets easier to do until we no longer have to roll to do it. That's why we've only been taking blood from criminals.
>>
>>26659916
Which brings up cattle you keep them have use of them heck even one would be enough for us and like that we could grow stronger over a extended period of time
>>
>>26660065
The problem is Twilight.

We'd probably have to keep it hidden somewhere far away from our room, where Twilight wouldn't look by accident.
>>
>>26660096
Which is the point of saving up money to move out of ponyville. Or at least finding a new abandoned home to live at.

Maybe we could do some research on abandoned fortresses and castles. Hopefully we'll find one no one goes too.

>>26660065
But we should get to the point where we don't need to worry as much about killing someone when we feed first.
Cattle are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>26660203
Yeah that's exact thought i had while typing that
"That's a good idea but what if we accidently lost control and killed it that's a lot of time down the drain"
Though we did improve our control by now quite a bit
>>
>>26660652
Well we kinda did.
We just didn't start drinking like we hadn't had water in days, so we didn't pass the check, but we also didn't lose control.

So like I said it'll just take practice/successful rolls. Which is why I wished we lived in canterlot or another big city with plenty of crime.

Mango has the worst luck sometimes.
>>
>>26660982
Maybe there's another way we can get control without having to muck through 'is this too much?'

Count mentally how much time it takes for us to drain a bloodpack. Start slow. Only drain blood for one or two seconds at a time. Like sipping wine.
Long as we don't lose control entirely and go feral, we shouldn't kill.

We even have a pony lined up to fuck us who would be the perfect test subject.
>>
>>26660982
Mango has worst luck on rolls haha..
No but seriouslly every time we get in a fight roll gods are like fuck you it's time to die and we get out nearly dead.
>>
>>26661068
You mean that guy who's into exotic creatures?
Do we really have to use sex to get what we want again?
If by any means that's not what you meant then i apologise in advance
>>
>>26661090
I really thought this one would go better since the last time we faced timberwolves the only reason we got so badly beat is because the diamond dog blood made us sluggish.

Even with a relatively recent meal of pony blood, we still get fucked.
Just frustrating how much we stink at fighting.
>>
>>26661129
We don't have to sex him, but the hope of getting lewd from us would be a good motivator.
It's not like we're going to find homeless people to take in as cattle of our own.
>>
>>26661210
One thing leads to another anon..it could work just don't let emotions take over
>>
>>26661090
Don't forget all the times we've been knocked out by ponies with a hit to the back of the head. Pretty sure that's happened three times already. We need a counter.
kek

>>26661250
That guy is a known player who broke that poor griffon girl heart. I wouldn't worry about emotions. Besides he's a mortal we'd outlive him anyway no point in getting attached.

But if the plan is to turn him into a boytoy that we feed from now and again I wouldn't be to sure about that. He's still with the adventurers guild, that makes him an experienced fighter and probably someone who would try to take the bounty that's on our heads.

So if we wanted to turn him into cattle that would be a bit of a challenge also I don't trust him with knowing what we really are.
>>
>>26661498
>>26661168
It's done, I think, to make vampires actually balanced in this scenario, but it makes them kind of unbalanced when you have pretty much every traditional vampire negative but you nerf all the positives.

Just look at the stories from the last purge. Every vampire that was killed took out a half dozen guards. All of them equipped specifically to hunt and kill vampires. Even then they didn't go down easily.

But here we are getting wrecked by what are essentially level 1 enemies, only two of which are even paying active attention to us.
>>
>>26661559
Yeah but all of those vamps are assumed to be very powerful and ancient or at least been doing this longer then we have. It shouldn't be a surprise that a noob like us gets kicked around.

Also we don't have our shotgun with us. Because of a certain purple nerd.
The hoof guard shotgun combo is pretty powerful.
>>
>>26661498
I want to grow old with mango and on my death bed tell her how much i enjoyed spending time of all my life with her through all sorts of adventures and that i want her to stay a happy loving bat like she always was.
>>
>>26662752
Sounds like you just want to leave her as a widow anon. What you really should do is become an immortal and live with her forever.
>>
>>26663579
Well you see i wanted to say that but that's just impossible there's no way she could turn you into a vampire i'm pretty sure vampirism only transfers pony-to-pony not pony-to-human or any other species really. it doesn't appear to be affected by race of pony though pegasus/bat/uni anything works however we havent' seen vampirism in another species
>>
The timber wolves are glass cannons, really. They don't have a lot of HP, but they get two attacks per round, which makes them pretty dangerous. They can heal themselves and always travel in packs. An experienced fighter shouldn't have a lot of trouble, but about a week ago Mango was a failed grocer. Also, I think I messed up and forgot to increase Mango's HP when she leveled up. Her actual HP would be 13/35 in that case.
>>
>>26663941
No one said anything about vampirism just become an immortal anon if that twilight can do it im sure you can too. You just need to find another way to do it. Don't give up so easily.

>>26663948
Yeah I'm pretty sure you forgot to add the extra HP.
>>
>>26664430
I said vampirism because that's one of things that makes you immortal though equestria is a magical place surely enough if one looked hard enough maybe just maybe there's something out that that would make you live forever with your vampiric lover.
>>
>>26667369
>>
>>26656738
This
>>
Updates might be sporadic tonight.

>>26656738
>>26656973
>>26659637
>You give the Alpha a final punch shattering the large wooden construct.
>The final timberwolf is caught in a struggle with the real wolf, both putting some real pain on each other.
>input action
>>
>>26669133
Help out, flank the timberwolf and punch it in the side where there's minimal risk of collateral.
>>
>>26669158
>You head in to help out the wolf, punching at the wooden canine.
>However the timberwolf notices your coming and dodges, swiping, but missing, at you while keeping his bite down on the actual wolf.
>The real wolf responds in kind, ripping branches out of the timberwolf.
>>
>>26669681
If he's focused on us, he's not tearing.

I doubt he's going to be able to do a ton of damage in one turn with passing swipes, him dividing his attention like that.
Try again.
>>
>>26666666
>>
>>26669754
>>
>>26669752
This
>>
>>26669752
This, ice punch the fucker while we're up close
>>
>>26670123
>>26669752
>>26670716
>In an effort to push the timberwolf of the real animal, you punch it once more.
>This time you connect, just under it's jaw and it's head goes flying off.
>The body then slumps over and disintegrates.

>As you catch your breath, you note the wolf still looking at you with fear and anger in it's eyes, growling.
>>
>>26671149
Are any of them regenerating? Give them some of our meat and then go around to collect their taproots.
>>
>>26671149
That's not challenging us, that's fear of us.
Yes, we'll feed them, but we need to reward behaviors with food.

Give them a small piece right now, and just stay near them. Guard the injured. Get them used to being by us. When they stop being hostile, then the reward of food comes.
>>
>>26671224
I should add. Don't approach them or make any moves that could be construed as aggression towards them. Let them come to us if they do.

Also, animals in this world can understand pony. Wouldn't hurt to just talk to them.

I know we could just force our will on them with hypnosis, but let's make this a real relationship if we can. Good practice for manipulation in the future.
>>
>>26671149
Well I guess we should calm down a bit. Animals respond to body language so we should try to look calm.

But only if the other timber wolves are taken care of if not we should scare them off or take them out especially if they're regenerating.

if not we can just take the roots.

>>26671261
Errr for future note.
Our hypnosis does not force our will on others that well yet. It mainly just puts them to sleep, forget us and perhaps lets us make them tell us things.

The group choice ice powers over upgrading that power last time we lvled up...I wanted the hypnosis upgrade.
>>
>>26671293
Yeah, knowing what we got, I would have gone with almost literally anything else.

They're kind of impractical.
>>
>>26671293
We haven't had much reason to use the full hypnosis effect.
It puts them under our limited control for a short period of time, and they fall asleep when it's done. We've seen we can plant post-hypnotic suggestions with it.

We've just used it as an offensive tool instead of a mental tool.
>>
>>26671344
I just feel like letting it develop it would be pretty handy.

Especially when getting what we want from people. Then maybe we wouldn't get such a raw deal all the time.

Still even if it was only useful for holding people off in combat or when sneaking around it would still be pretty nice to have it stronger, so maybe we could avoid the conflict all together without leaving a bunch of sleeping ponies laying around.
Maybe we could even put them to use.
>>
>>26671212
>>26671224
>>26671293
>Unfortunately, unlike you the wolves are not supernatural creatures. They aren't regenerating or anything.
>As a sign of good will, you give them both a piece of one of your meatsticks.
>The more wounded one flinches at the sudden move, but after a few sniffs it takes the treat and eats it.
>The more active one then approaches, and takes your offering quickly.
>Unsure exactly what to do from here, you try to remain calm around the wild animals and examine them more closely.
>The wolf still standing has some gashes from the timberwolves, with a bit of blood along it's side.
>The wolf lying down looks far worse. It's surrounded by a pool of blood, and it has a really bad looking wound just behind its shoulder. Torn flesh and bits of bone can be seen in the hole something tore into this wolf. It's breathing looks laboured and there's more blood around it's mouth.
>input action
>>
>>26672027
Well we arent experts at healing things
Nor do we posess a healing spell..though maybe there's a way we can stop most dangerous wounds on wolf
>>
>>26672027
Well animals like wolves can understand common tongue in this world so maybe we can tell them we'll get them some help.

We could see if they know fluttershy and bring them to the casle then she can patch them up there.
>>
>>26672201
Well sure that's later the wolf is currently badly wounded he needs help imminently he won't make it to fluttershy
>>
>>26672478
I just didn't want to leave it out in the open. But let's just see if we can get it directly to fluttershy's place. If it can be moved.
>>
I'm saving thread from page 10
But just cause I want a wolfbro
>>
>>26672568
That sounds good.

Approach cautiously and nonthreateningly. If there's anything that will get us bitten, it's this.
>>
>>26672027
Don't forget to take the taproots for the bounty.
>>
>>26674677
Yeah dont want to leave empty handed after nearly dying hah
>>
Page 9
>>
>>26675527
>>
>>26676502
>>
beb
>>
>>26678730
>>
>>26679569
>>
>>26680385
>>
>>26673447
wolfbros in valhalla
>>
>>26681561
I really hope we do get some wolf guards for the homestead as a payoff for all this.

It would be so awesome if we could take them with us on hunts for tracking down monsters.
Also because running with pet wolves is just generally badass.
>>
>>26672201
>>26672478
>>26672568
>>26673619
>>26674677
>>26674733
>>26681663
Sorry about the late start
>You see if you can move the wolf, but it doesn't seem to respond well to any touching.
>Moving your hooves close results in whimpers from the downed wolf, and barks from the active one.
>On a second attempt, it tries to bite, but you manage to pull away, leaving the wolf snapping at air.

>You decide to gather the 4 taproots from the fallen creatures, while letting the wolves calm down.
>While you do, you remember that that Fluttershy mare could talk to animals. Maybe these wolves would understand Equuish?
>What should you say?
>>
>>26682876
The bad wooden wolves are dead now. We wanted to help you.

We know the pony fluttershy she helps hurt animals. Will you let us take you too her?
>>
>>26682876
I don't want to hurt you, I want to help. The wolves are gone, but your friend here will die without help.

I know a pony named Fluttershy who can help. Will you let me take you to her?
>>
>>26682965
>>26682978
"Uh, I killed the bad timberwolves. I just want to help."
>The wolf cants it's head before issuing a single short "bark."
>Well, you called it a bark earlier, but now that you're trying to suss some meaning out of it, you'd call it more of a short yip-howl. It doesn't sound like a dog's bark, that's for sure.
"I know a pony, Fluttershy. She's a yellow mare and helps hurt animals. Like you're friend here. You know her?"
>Another yip, and whimper.
"Will you let me take you to her? He might not make it without help..."
>The wolf responds with a sharper yip, and a growl.
>>
>>26683170
Hmmm, I think that was a thanks or alright.

Then a yes we could use some help.

And then a not sure if I can trust you.
Take that as you will my k-9 is pretty rusty.

Try to come near, if they react poorly then ask if they don't trust us.
I think we'll probably be able to get the jist of it if that's the case. Then ask if they would rather we take fluttershy to them.

And then do it, Otherwise if they let us take them we'll just take them to fluttershy.
>>
>>26683170
If it's dark enough we could try bringing Fluttershy here, might be quicker. Also we wouldn't have to risk hurting him further by moving him.
>>
>>26683170
You can come with me, I won't hurt either of you and neither will she, I'll make absolutely sure of that. You can trust me.
We have to hurry though.

Wait for a response, body language is more important than the actual sounds the dog is making.
If the wolv doesn't look hostile, pick him/her up.
>>
>>26683170
Actually, getting Fluttershy may be better.
Unfortunately, we don't have anything to stop the bleeding.

We gotta be quick
>>
>>26683170
I thin k this is a warning the injured one can't be moved. Let's speed over to Fluttershy and speed back with her and a first aid kit.
>>
>>26683170
Yeah lets just tell them to stay put and we'll get fluttershy.

Give them some more meat sticks to snack on while they wait.
>>
>>26683290
Not a bad idea depending how far from fluttershy we are but do remember to say were not leaving them here
>>
>>26683290
>>26683273
>>26683258
>>26683308
"Oh... You know what, I think I shouldn't move that one... He's too hurt?"
>The wolf gives another short "bark"
"Yeah, Ok, I'll be quick."

>You speed off to Fluttershy's little cottage, where thankfully you can see the lights are on inside.
>You knock on the door, which is then opened by the timid yellow pegasus.
>You're a bit out of breath as you try to explain, but Fluttershy quickly starts to usher you inside.
>"M-Mango? Oh, I'm glad you're back, but you look awful. Let me get some balms or bandages for those cuts. Did you get attacked by Timber wolves? Oh, come in, come in."
>>
>>26683337
No wait there are two injures wolves I need your help worry about me later but they need your help
>>
>>26683337
Don't worry about me.. There are wolves in the everfree that are injured and dying. I didn't want to move them.

I don't know what to do, I need your help, please.
>>
>>26683337
We need to hurry, but not so much that she doesn't bring medical supplies.
>>
>>26683337
No time there some hurt wolves that need your help! Grab the first aid kit, some stuff for stitching wounds and let's roll Fluttershy.
>>
>>26683350
>>26683353
>>26683363
>>26683368
"No, no. Don't worry about me right now, there's no time. I found some hurt wolves in the forest. One might be dying. Get your first aid kit."
>"Oh, wolves? I.. Ok."
>She looks a bit divided, but grabs her kit and slings it over her back.
>"Lead the way, Mango."
>You fly back to the spot, with Fluttershy trailing you.
>She's... not the fastest flier, but you make it in only a few minutes.
>The mobile wolf is nuzzling it's fallen companion, and you notice even more blood around it's mouth now.
"It's got a wound just behind the shoulder."
>Fluttershy worriedly trots over and takes some equipment out of the bag.
>"Oh, no. I... I'm not sure what I can do here..."
>The other wolf barks sharply.
>"I'm doing my best..."
>The yellow mare says this meekly, but mutters something under her breath.
>the less wounded wolf seems very anxious.
>It circles around and yips near constantly.
>>
>>26683539
Pausing.
Sorry for the short session.
>>
>>26683539
Snuggle the wolf. Boop it on the snootle if necessary.
>>
>>26683539
She needs you to be calm so she can work mr./mrs wolf.

Try to calm it down.
And when in doubt we could always just put it to sleep for the moment with hypnosis.
>>
>>26683539
Calm wolf down she can't help it if it's agitated..
>>
>>26685105
>>
>>26683555
>>26683608
>>26683648
"Hey, hey, calm down, Mr or Mrs wolf."
>You boop the wolf, who gives you an annoyed look.
>"That'd be Mister, Mango. I, uh, don't deal with wolves a lot, but I think this is the Beta pair from the local Pack. Though they told me they were leaving."
>The wolf yips.
>"You can blame me all you want, but I've never forced anyone."
>Fluttershy then stands and whispers to you.
"I... Mango, these wounds are beyond what I can do. I've dulled the pain and stopped the bleeding, but... Her lung is pierced. It's probably already full of blood. The vet in town is more skilled in this than I am, though he normally just works on Farm animals, not wild ones."
>"Now, Mr Wolf. I need to move your mate here, or she's not going to make it."
>The wolf growls and gives a sharp yip. It sounds more fearful than angry,
>"... The wolves, um, never liked me..." the yellow pegasus hangs her head.
>>
>>26685896
"It's not your fault fluttershy, predators kinda seem to feel as if they don't get a fair shake I guess because they're forced to hunt for food."
"I can relate."

How about we just lie to the vet and say they're domesticated and live with us like guard...wolfs.
Then this one can get the help she needs.
>>
>>26686027
I like this idea desu
>>
>>26685896
What exactly did fluttershy do to the pack or what happened to them to make them leave?

Ask when we get a place in the doctor's office so fluttershy has a place to sit and collect herself.
>>
n00bs
>>
>>26687958
>>
hmmm
>>
Rump
>>
>>26690461
>>
>>26686785
>>26686125
>>26686027
"Look, wolfbro, you need to calm down. We're trying to help. Fluttershy is trying to help."
"We have to move her."
>The wolf whines, but doesn't do anything but follow as you help Fluttershy move the she-wolf.
>Flying helps, but it's slow going with the weight of the wolf and Fluttershy's poor aerial skills.
>You were never that good of a flyer, but this mare is just bad at being a Pegasus...

>When you arrive at the Vet's office, you see her closing up the small building.
>"Um, hello, Doctor Cureall."
>"Dear Celestia, again? Look, I know you like helping but.."
>"Uh, no, no! I.. er, I mean Mango here found this one like this..."
"Out in the Everfree, it and it's mate," You look around and spy the wolf keeping it's distance near the edge of town. "Uh, wherever he is, were being attacked by timberwolves."
>The vet sighs. "It's a good thing Wolves are just big mean dogs. She looks like she's on some kind drugs, what did you use?"
>Fluttershy explains what she knows to the vet, who brings the wolf back and begins working.
>You sit on a bench inside, but keep an eye out the window for the other wolf.
>He seems to be watching you as well.
>You feel like you're being judged.
>Shaking that feeling, you decide to talk to Fluttershy as she sits down.
"So... why don't the wolves like you? Did you make them leave?"
>"I.. well I didn't mean to. We got along ok for a long time, though they never approved of me curing their prey. They said I was making hunting too difficult for them. I offered them suffering free meat from elderly animals who had passed... but there was never enough."
>"About a year ago the Weather team had a rogue snowstorm escape into the forest. A lot of animals died and without enough prey many of the wolf pups died too."
>"After that... well they blamed me and the other ponies. The Alphas told me that they would leave and take as many of my animal friends with them as the could."
>"They seemed very upset..."
>>
>>26691419
Gee, doesn't that sound familiar?
>>
>>26691419
Oh, well I can see why they would be mad at the weather team but what happened wasn't your fault fluttershy and there was no way you would have been able to be able to feed a whole species.

You can't blame yourself, but at the same time you can't force nature to change.
You can only let it stay as it is or change on it's own' like nature dos.

>>
>>26691419
Was the snowstorm your fault? Of course not. Was it right of them to swear revenge on your animals? Probably not.

However, as garish as it may sound, some animals are meant to be predators, some are meant to be prey. Messing with that balance hurts both sides.

I know you care about all animals, but maybe you can't stop a hunter from being a hunter.
>>
>>26691525
>>26691659
>>26691730
>The coincidences in the situation don't escape you.
"Well, you know some animals were just born as predators. You can't change nature."
>"I know that! I never asked them to stop hunting or anything. They came to me and asked me to stop giving their prey vaccines. I was not willing to do that... and now they hate me."
"Well, to me it sounds like it was more the Weather Team's fault than yours."
>"The Weather team did all they could. I'm good friends with the lead Weathermare. Once a cloud goes over that forest it goes wild. More powerful but harder to control. No, those ponies did their best."
"Well, just don't blame yourself, ok. You've helped them out a lot now."
>She sighs. "Not that they'll thank me... That wolf outside was very rude..."

>After an hour or so the Vet comes back out.
>"I just want to let you know that the wolf is stable. She needs some time to recover, but I patched up her wounds."
>"I do want to ask you something, Mango, right? Did you see what caused the wound? It almost looked like an arrow or bullet wound, but I didn't find anything inside her, other than the beginning stages of Pneumonia."
>input response
>>
>>26692085
I didn't. I heard snarling, came over, and found her on the ground injured with her mate standing over her, four timberwolves bearing down on them.

I assumed it was one of the timberwolves, but you don't think that's it?
>>
>>26692085
Nope all I know is that she was being attacked by a bunch of timberwolves.
I think our icebolt that we shot out in the middle of nowhere might have hit the wolf but let's not tell them that.
>>
>>26692142
>spoiler
I would say that's unlikely, given how the training played out.

>A chunk of ice falls out, skidding across the balcony and falling off the tower.
>Then you slowly push in a cold hoof, which causes a bit of ice to pop out and fall into the forest.
>You think you've figured it out. You punch the cloud as hard as you can, and a spear of ice flies out and embeds itself in a nearby tree.

I guess the second one could have done it, but I was under the impression that it didn't fly very far. I at least think we would have heard a yipe or something.
But I don't see many other options of what it could be.
>>
>>26692202
>>26692142
Are we the only Vampire with frost powers?
What if it's Fang's goons?
>>
>>26692085
We found them surrounded by a some destroyed timberwolves being attacked by 4 live ones. We didn't find any taproots beyond the ones we killed.
>>
>>26692085
Lets just go tell mr.wolf the good news about his mate.
And they'll probably both need a place to say while they wait.
AKA our house! Yay one step closer to having guard wolf pets!

>>26692217
No ice powers are not exclusive but if it was one of fang's goons I don't know why they would waste time on wolves unless they were randomly attacked. And im pretty sure they would have just finished them off.

Maybe it was a random adventure but when the timberwolves came he took his arrow and ran. Then her mate came into the scene later. Who knows.
>>
>>26692114
>>26692142
>>26692262
>>26692342
"N-no. I just found them being attacked by timberwolves."
>"Hmm. Well it almost looks like somepony shot this poor wolf and then tried to hide the evidence. The wound is too deep to be from a timberwolf. Damn shame..."

>You go and find the male wolf. He's sitting under a tree near the office.
>He barks as you leave the building.
>"She's fine, but she needs to stay in there to get better."
>[concerned wolf noises]
>"I know, but she needs to stay. That's not my decision, that's the Vet's."
>[angry bark]
>"I... I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that..."
"What's he saying?"
>"Well, he wants to stay near us until the she-wolf is healed. As collateral. Something about 'tearing out the yellow one's throat if his mate is harmed' and other graphic threats to our well being." She says flatly.
>>
>>26692581
He can stay with us. Ask what happened, we might be able to find the shooter.
>>
>>26692581
Mango act like the alpha.
He can stay at our place the only thing fluttershy tried to do was help save his mate's life we'll take full responsibility for anything that happens.

Also if we hadn't came he and his mate would be dead so im pretty sure they owe us a life debt and despite how they feel about fluttershy, harming our friend is no way to repay that debt.
>>
>>26692601
>>26692689
>You boop the wolf again, attempting to act like an Alpha.
>The wolf seems unamused, but doesn't snap or growl, so you mark it down as a success.
"That's not very nice, you know Fluttershy and I saved your mate's life. Aren't you supposed to offer like a life debt or something?"
>"Mango, I don't think that's how that works..."
"Whatever, he can stay with me."
>The wolf snorts through it's nostrils.
>"He says that's acceptable."

"Hey, maybe you can ask what happened? We could find the shooter."
>"Oh, ok.. Um, Mr. Wolf, did you see your mate get wounded?"
>The wolf yips and makes other noises, apparently telling a story that Fluttershy is engrossed in.
>"Wow... Ok, so he says that the Pack had finally raised a new litter of Pups, but only the alpha's had survived the year. The beta and lower pups died of some disease after the Alphas refused to let them seek me out. The pack broke up because the rest found out that the Alphas had visited Zecora and could have cured all the pups."
>"After they broke up these two were on their own and smelled something new. While investigating, he heard Mrs. Wolf get hit and go down. He stood over her for several hours until the wooden ones came, and then you helped him destroy those. It seems he confirms that the timberwolves had nothing to do with it, at least."
>Your mistrust of Zebras grows...
>"I, uh, I need to head home Mango, it's getting late. Thanks for taking him off my hooves."
"No worries. Thanks for all of your help tonight"
>As Fluttershy leaves, the wolf yips, and you see the timid mare fold her ears down.
>You look down, and he's got a very smug look on his face.
>input action
>>
>>26692957
Pausing
>>
>>26692957
You seem rather satisfied with yourself sir.
I know you have her scared but that's nothing to be proud about everything kinda scares fluttershy.

Welp we can't take him into town with us I think so let's just take him too the castle so he can get acquainted. Then we can take care of our business.
>>
>>26692957
Why Mr wolf you appear to be quite happy Making fluttershy sad
Let's bring them back to castle and maybe show place around?
We could leave them as guards
>>
>>26694418
>>
>>26694896
>>
>>26695746
>>
>>26696408
>>
>>26696904
>>
That's a lot of bumps
>>
>>26697733
This is only the beginning of the bumps.
>>
>>26697733
Clearly you've never played Curwhibbles.
>>
>>26698250
Was there anything but bumps there?
>>
>>26697733
but not enough
>>
>>26700742
Never enough, just like our eventual body count :^)
>>
>>26700742
More bumps for the bump god!
>>
>>26699819
>>
>>26693042
>>26693408
"You know that Fluttershy is fairly easy to intimidate, right? You haven't accomplished any difficult thing here."
>The wolf grumbles.
"I really wish I knew how to talk to you... but, we should get back to my place. It's in the Everfree, so it should be familiar to you."
>The wolf gives a low yip, but follows.
>When you get about halfway flying across the rope bridge, you hear the wolf barking from the other side.
>He's sitting right on the edge, pawing at the swaying timber.
>He barks while glaring at you.
>>
>>26702436
Maybe he doesn't like the castle for some reason.
>>
>>26702436
Ask him what's wrong.
It's probably either that the castle has an evil aura or he's afraid of the bridge falling or something.

If it's the bridge tell him we can walk over him or fly him across.
>>
>>26702487
>>26702518
>>26702466
"What, is the castle evil or something."
>The wolf rolls it's eyes.
"Don't snark at me, dammit. You just don't trust the bridge then?"
>[Bark]
"Is that a yes? I could carry you."
>[Yip]
"I have no idea what you're trying to say..."
>>
>>26702639
Get in position to carry him and see if he accepts.
>>
>>26702639
Hop on bud. Let's get you across.
>>
>>26702663
>>26702680
"Alright, I'm just gonna carry you, ok?"
>[Grumble]
>He's too big to carry on your back without laying him over you. You feel like just lifting him with your hooves should work better.
>He lets you do this, though he takes off like a rocket out of your grip and finds a place to shake off.
"Quit being so dramatic."
>[Yip]
"Well here's my place, sorta."
>The wolf murmurs and tilts his head.
>input action
>>
>>26702798
Yeah the place is kinda a dump.
Hoping to move someday but it's home for the moment so make yourself feel at home too. Just don't chew up my stuff.

We have to stay here because we can't live next to mortals without worrying about nosey neighbors.
>>
>>26702798
When we get inside give the wolf a brief tour and tell him to feel free to explore and we'll be back later.

Time to go cash that check.
Then we can go and get that hoof guard fixed by that guy at the guildhall and turn in the taproots.

Maybe while we're out we should see if we can find some place that sells meat so we can give some to the wolf for dinner and if we can start a fire we can cook some for us too.
>>
>>26702798
Yes i know it's pretty bad..but it's where i live
I guess someday i could find a better place
But gee i saved your life stop being like that
>>
good day
>>
>>26702798
We're gonna need food for the guy. We have sone meatsticks, but we'll probably get to hunt with him. That should be neat, even though we can't actually drink the blood of prey animals.
>>
>>26704331
Yeah but wolves are natural predators cool idea
>>
>>26702962
>i saved your life
I don't think we should hang that over it's head too much and only bring it up when he gets out of hand.
>>
>>26704440
I'm with this guy
>>
>>26703854
a lovely day
>>
>>26706856
>>
>>26646317
>>
>>26708343
>>
>>26706289
a wonderful day
>>
>>26702858
>>26702958
>>26702962
>>26704331
"It's not that bad, is it?"
>[Yip]
"Well, I'm not gonna stay here forever, but it works for now. Anyway you have free run of the place for now, though I need to get some stuff."
>[Bark]
"Uh, is that an 'ok I'll do what you say' bark or what? Do you need food or anything?"
>[Bark]
"Like, going hunting with a wolf would be super cool, even if I can't eat the animals. You want to hunt?"
>[Head tilt, yip]
"uhhh..."
>input action
>>
>>26710369
Okay, first order of business, yip for yes, growl for no, does that sound good?
>>
So I think understand how this works.

Yips are confirmations, and when combined with different body motions can becomes questions and things like worry.

Barks are assertive emotions or regular statements and can be more complicated sentences.

And right now he's wondering why we would go hunting with it or is confused why a pony would go hunting for pray.
>>
>>26710369

>>26710616
Going off this, should we show the fangs and explain our vampire-ness to the dog?
>>
>>26710369
Meh, I don't see the point in hiding it from the wolf. Were going to be eating in front of it anyway so we might as well be upfront about it.
I think the term they use for us in the forest is nightwalker.

So I guess just explain how we're a fellow hunter.

>>26710625
You should never show your fangs that's a sign of aggression.
>>
>>26710815
No, baring your fangs is aggressive. Opening your mouth and pointing to them as part of your explanation of vampireness is not aggressive.
>>
>>26710625
Not like wolf will snitch on us
So yeah why not show
>>
>>26710396
>>26710616
>>26710625
>>26710815
"Ok, first order of business, we need to figure out some way to communicate."
>[Murmer]
"Yeah, how about a yip for yes and a growl for no?"
>[Bark]
>Now it's your turn to roll your eyes.
"Seriously?"
>[Yip]
"So that system works?"
>He hesitates, but yips after a second.
"And you have no trouble understanding me?"
>He growls, though it's a different noise from the earlier growls. You can tell he's not really putting effort into this growl.
"Good enough, I suppose. Anyway, if you were confused why I would want to hunt, well. I'm a predator like you now. "
>[Head Tilt]
"Wasn't always, but now I'm a Vampire. I eat blood mostly. Eer, I was called a Nightwalker before too. Ring any bells?"
>You pull up your lips to show your hypodermic fangs.
>The wolf stares for a second before looking away and giving a half hearted yip.
>He murmurs a bit before realizing you don't understand, then shakes his head, as if clearing it.
"Mmmmhm, well. Did you want to hunt?
>He growls and licks the cuts on his front leg.
"Oh, right. Guess we got caught up on your mate we forgot that you were bruised up too."
"How about you find someplace to rest while I go run some errands?"
>[Yip]
>input action
>>
>>26710928
Let's go to the market place and see if we can find a place that sells meat. After cash our check and then head to the guildhall to give away these taproots and get our hoofguards fixed.

Also just do this in whatever order is fastest
>>
>>26710928
Do we have any more meat on us?
>>
>>26711033
Yeah cash in food then taproots sound like ideal order to me
Let's hope wolf doesn't mess anything up
>>
>>26711082
>>26711051
>>26711033
>You head back into town, hoping that the wolf won't tear anything up.
>You head to the bank, but it looks like they closed at 5:30 PM today.
>No check cashing for you...
>So you sigh and head to the Guild hall.
>This week, the bounty on Taproots is down to 25 bits, which still nets you a cool 100. Well, 90 after the guild takes their cut.
>You look around for the guy who gave you those hoofguards, and you spot him playing some cards.
>Losing pretty badly it looks like.
>A big aloof looking Griffon holds most of the chips while the other three players scrape by on short stacks.
>input action.
>>
>>26711487
Looks like he could use a distraction
>>
>>26711487
90 bits is still a good haul time to take our reward.
Get a steal a quick look at the Griffon's hand as we pass by and then talk to the guy about the guards.
>>
>>26711487
Heh ID say help guy out but we're not experts at cards games
Anyway let's get our reward and talk to guy
>>
>>26711514
>>26711536
>>26711595
>You turn in your roots and pocket the gold. 90 bits is plenty.
>Especially if you don't lose them in a card game.
>As you get closer to the card table you think you might know just why he's losing.
>He's got a stack of empty shot glasses higher than his chips...
>The game seems to be some type of poker. Each player has two cards, while three others are spread across the table.
>You think that variant is called Hoofington Hold'em, just from living in a town full of casinos.
>Circling around, you notice that while your yellow friend has a low pair from the table, the griffon has nothing of note, and yet is entirely dictating the betting.
>When you reach the stallion again, you tap him on the shoulder.
"Hey, how ya doing?"
>"Oh, hi. You're that Mango girl, right? I'm a might busy with this bird brain"
>You think you see the griffon snort, but you might have just imagined it.
>You see the pink pegasus from last time approach you.
>"Hey, Cog's kinda busy right now, but I'm guessing you want to talk about those hoofguards? You don't look hurt, is everything alright?"
>>
>>26711865
It's a really good weapon for a hoof to hoof fighter, i'd totally buy it but engineering wise they need some serious improvement.

The things nearly backfired and punched holes in our hooves and just taking them off has the risk of them launching into the nearest unfortunate object. We had another guy take a quick look at it and he said it had a lot of flaws.

Did we have him write some notes down for the guy about the flaws in design I think we did?
If so just give it to her.
>>
>>26711963
Yeah this works for me
>>
>>26712496
>>
>>26713119
>>
>>26711865
They need some work. A weapon that hurts its user even when it's used as intended won't sell very well.
It gave me a pretty nasty cut when I was fighting with them.
>>
middaqy
>>
>>26713566
>>
>>26714467
>>26715108
>>26715255
What is this shit bumbots
What did you expect a I want to cum inside mango there you have it
>>
>>26715292
well now that you said it
>>
>>26715292
Thanks anon I needed to read that
>>
>>26713581
guess it depends on the alternatives, too
>>
>>26718421
I'm pretty sure that most alternatives won't send a spike up your hoof
>>
>>26718421
Assuming you use it correctly, a gun doesn't have a 5% chance of shooting the person using it.
>>
>>26719045
>>26719070
pssht, what kind of lame guns are you using
>>
File: Suicide gun.jpg (32KB, 540x381px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide gun.jpg
32KB, 540x381px
>>26719792
Not this kind.
>>
>>26719792
None that shoot spikes apparently.
>>
Not gonna be able to run tonight.
Sorry
>>
Ok, fuck, my friends bailed early.
Might get some updates out anyway.
>>
>>26711865
>>26721038
Inform the mare that the theory behind them was great up until the design flaw that wound up stabbing ourselves in the hoof instead
>>
>>26711963
>>26713581
>>26718421
>>26719045
>>26719070
>>26719792
>>26721198
"I'm fine now, though I gotta admit that things have backfired on me several times. They'd be great if they were more reliable."
>"Yeah, you could say that about a lot of Cog's little gadgets. Come and have a seat with me, I'll Cog to hash this out with you once he's done losing our last paycheck... I'm Shelly, by the way. I was pretty tired the last time we met."
"Nice to meet you, again, I guess. Yeah, he didn't look like he was left with much more than empty glasses."
>"Heh, and he insists he's better at gambling when he's drunk..."
>"Claims the same about his designs too actually."
"That might explain some of these thing's, uh, quirks, then. I'd rather not use a gun that has a chance of shooting me, you know."
>She laughs as her boyfriend stumbles over to your table
>"Ah, you want one of my esperimental guns? I gots one that points backwards! So ya can kill things over ya shoulder!"
>You give him a look of disapproval, and he stares into your eyes with his own, bloodshot and reddened from drink.
>Then he breaks out laughing.
>"AHAHAHAH! I'm kiddin', I'm kiddin'. I'm not that drunk yet. So, do tell me exactly what went wrong? I assume something went wrong."
>You repeat what you told Shelly.
"I did also take them to a blacksmith in Canterlot. He had some comments on the design. "
>The pink Pegasus folds her arms as Cog sits down beside her, reading the notes you gave him.
>"Hey, that design belongs to Cog. Why'd you do that?"
>Cog paws at the air dismissively. "It's no big deal, honey. I tinker cause I like it. Plus he's got some decent suggestions on here."
>"I still think that was rude, Mango. What if that guy in Canterlot steals Cog's design?"
>>
>>26721333
To my credit, I was more concerned about recently getting holes in my hoof and finding out why it happened so I didn't think about it. Was a bit worried I broke it at first. Also those were my only set of weapons at the time and I had work I needed to do.

So sorry.

Though I could really care less. Asshole shouldn't be inventing shit designs while drunk in the first place.
>>
>>26721460
Also were find now because we got a health potion from the job.
>>
>>26721333
Sorry I needs advice on how to make them better
Do you have any idea on improvements for it?
>>
>>26721625
You do realise were not an engineer right.
We can't improve it, otherwise we would have taken care of it from the start.
>>
>>26721653
Erm I was telling to ask guy that..one who gave us experimental ones in first place,cog.
But now that you mention it we should learn some engineering 101
>>
>>26721689
Speaking of secondary skills I think i'd rather learn how to make bombs.

But I bet the anarchist cookbook is banned in equestria.
>>
>>26721719
how are we going to cook any anarchists now
>>
>>26722593
We won't
Such is life Unless of course we find a book on it somewhere
>>
>>26722704
Or someone to teach us.
>>
>>26723466
>>
>>26724281
>>
So seeing how MA usually updates way late into the night and this is Multi QM cyoa I figured i'll just take a crack at taking over. If you guys don't like it or if MangoAnon has some kind of plans im stepping all over we can just say it's not canon and forget about it.

>>26721460
>>26721566
>>26721689
"To my credit, I was more concerned about recently getting holes in my hoof and finding out why it happened so I didn't think about it...sorry.
Thought at the same time you seem to feel he shouldn't be making designs while drunk in the first place. But you'll keep that to yourself.
>Shelly with her arms still folded looks skeptically at you. "Still, you should have tried to be more thoughtful besides, you look fine now."
"Oh, I-uh got a health potion from the job."
>"Hey that's not a bad maybe we should do some work in Canterlot. Lots of rich ponies are always lookin' for a few extra guns."
>Shelly gives Cog a concerned look " Coggy you know we talked about his."
>"I know, know, we're trying to easy now days. Anyway was there anything else wanted."

"Well these are some good guards. I wouldn't mind buying a set if I could get them improved or perhaps you could pass on some engineering 101?
>"Well, I ain't much of a *hic* teacher or ehh... really all that good at this yet, but i'd recommend trying to find ah book on it or maybe someone in the guild more experienced than myself might be willing to give you lessons. But for a price, ya know bein' sellswords and all."
>"Now as far as selling you ah pair gos..." He sways in his chair hoof to his chin like he's thinking. "How about you pay for mah next round and that will take care of the guards and any improvements you want besides not puttin' holes in ya heh can be extra."
>You expect Shelly to protest but instead she just gives a sly smirk. Its safe to guess that given how much this stallion drinks this could put a small hole in your funds...
>How do you respond?
>>
Oh, and any advice would be appreciated too. I'm a bit new at this. Most of my experience is from DMing tabletop games and still that's not a whole lot.
>>
>>26726510
Don't worry about it, tabletop experience is still better experience than most people have. I almost didn't notice you weren't mango anon, if any future posts have a glaring flaw we'll all help to point it out :^)
>>26726469
Yeah, let's go for the round and see if he can make the design is such a way it channels our weather magic out in a punch while wearing it, if it's possible
>>
>>26726510
Mentioning this on the cyoa discussion thread might be a good first step. If you want any more advice I'd suggest looking at https://www.anonpone.com/advice
>>
>>26726469
For a little constructive criticism, try to proofread a little for grammar and spelling.

Use commas, capitalize your I's, and be careful when vocalizing speech quirks or pauses.

>besides not puttin' holes in ya heh can be extra
It doesn't flow well. You need some kind of pause.

Consider pausing.
>"Besides not putting holes in you."
>He lets out a little chuckle.
>"That can be extra."

Or at least separating it with a comma.
>besides not puttin' holes in ya, heh, can be extra

I would omit the 'heh' entirely. It seems a bit silly.
>>
>>26726469
Go right ahead. My "plans" are pretty much done, though if you want to discuss anything hit up my steam. I'm Rynosaur94 there.
>>
Sorry for taking so long my computer is being a asshole at the moment I'll get this update up sooner or later. I'm sending this from my phone.

>>26726582
>>26727175
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

>>26727254
Ok cool. I just wanted to help out with pushing along but I'll see if I can pull something out of my ass thats entertaining.
>>
So, I actually have a good bit of free time tonight, for once. Probably won't tomorrow though.

I don't want to step on the new guys toes though, so what do you guys think? Should I run since he's having issues, or wait and see?
>>
>>26728296
Yeah, you should run.
>>
>>26726565
"Ok, I'll take you up on that all."
>"Woo, drinks on Mango!" "Hey ah if you ladies don't mind I'll just start ordering drinks." Shelly, think you can write down what mango needs for me?"
>Shelly just rest her head on her hoof and shoos off the stallion sending him on his way, giggling as he staggers his way to the bar table with a bit of hop in his step.

>She then turns to you and grabs a notebook out of her saddlebag. "So you know you're going to end up regretting that choice, but you have to admit he sure looks cute when he's haveing a drink."
>Peering past the mare you see Cog happily chugging down his ale. He is kinda cute in the colt in a candy shop kind of way, but then you notice this already done with three mugs. You should make this quick.
>"So what should I have you down for and don't worry I'll help cog with this one so there shouldn't be any problems this time."
"Could I get them made so they could channel weather magic with them?"
>"Ok, first you don't channel weather magic. It's more of a casting deal.
"Oh."
>"Second, what you're asking about is something you need an enchanter for because that would need a cloud forming spell rune embedded into the guard, which is rather costly." "But what I can do is have the material changed so you can channel various energies into the guard. instead of just breaking them when you put magic into them."
>"That would make it into a pretty scary weapon in the right hands but of course, you'd need to buy a magical power source or the guards to draw energy from. Do you follow?"

Respond

Sorry I'm back.
>>
>>26728333
Glad I asked...
>>
>>26728333
As long as the groundwork is there.
What about fixing the main issue, you know, the fact it keeps stabbing me?
>>
>>26728333
How much would a magical power source cost?
>>26728348
It's okay, I still love you
>>
>>26728333
Wouldn't it just draw our energy?
>>
>>26728531
>>26728631
As a hint, you don't really need one because you can already call on ice energy but it'll still tire you out like using any other vampire ability. You just need a power source to use any other kind of energy besides Ice.
>>26728367
"What about fixing the main issue, you know, the fact it keeps stabbing me?"
>Like I said I'll give Cog a guiding hoof to make sure that doesn't happen. As long as you come to us next time you need it fixed. I love Cog, but I'd wish he wouldn't squander his talents like that.
"Ok, so how much would a power source cost?"
>She scratches her head a bit "Hmm, well, you might be out of luck finding one here in Ponyville or, at least, one with a good charge." "They normally get exported from the crystal kingdom into bigger cites as an alternative source of power, so you'd have better luck finding them in good quilty or in more variety some place else."
>"So you want the change in material?"

Respond
>>
>>26728788
Yes, something that won't be damaged by rapid temperature changes.
>>
>>26728825
"As long as it can handle the change in temperature it should be fine."
>"Oh, great you already have a crystal for It then." "I wouldn't worry about the material It's not a potent as a cloud with weather magic but its just a deadly in capable hooves and more versatile."
>She quickly scribbles down a few notes "I just need to get your hoof measurements and an idea of how powerful your punches are so we can know how dense the material should be." Luckily we have strength tester right her in the guild that the stallions like to compete with each other on."
>"You ready?"

>Is mango ready to be tested?
>>
>>26729218
yep

>It's not a potent as a cloud
But we never mentioned the cloud?
>>
>>26729218
You brought up wanting to use weather magic so she assumed you had or wanted a cloud.

>"Alright let's do the fun part first." I'm looking forward to something good after how you took care of Cookie last time."
>She Takes you to the Strength tester in the corner of the room, As you walk by you hear the whispers of a few members. Snipbits of gossip hits your ear.
>"Hey it's that fruit bat again." She gonna use the strength tester" You want to take bets again?" "This should be good." It whether or not ponies want to admit it would seem you've left a mark.

>The machine looks rather beaten from plenty of use, the painted on number torn away and replaced with some crude knife carvings of numbers. Further, up you see some other etching that seems to name but you can't tell who's they are without a better look.
>The tower itself could be at least 9 feet tall as far as you can tell.

>"Hit the bell at the top with the iron bar at the base. Simple enough." Shelly seems genuinely excited, as for the rest of your audience you can't really get a read.
>But all eyes are on Mango.

(cont.1/2)
>>
>>26729721
>Feeling the presser you take a moment to think.
>On one hoof you do like showing off, if only a little bit and the cheers from before was pretty cool. On the other hoof, you wonder if you might risk exposing yourself by going all out.
>You're pretty sure you've gotten a bit stronger since your time in Canterlot and you're definitely stronger than the average batpony.

Do's Mango hold back?
>>
File: One punch!!.jpg (833KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
One punch!!.jpg
833KB, 1920x1080px
>>26729841
Sine the strength we show is needed for the new hoofguards, if we under-preform they might not be durable enough. Destroy that tester.
>>
>>26729841
Punch hard, but try to stay within natural limits.
>>
>>26729956
>an idea of how powerful your punches are so we can know how dense the material should be.
Holding back is also a bad idea.
>>
>>26730046
Getting found out as a Vampire is also a bad idea
>>
>>26729841
Just hit the thing. Don't hold back.
>>
>>26730233
That's why I said also. I acknowledge that there are problems with either choice, but I feel that quality weapons is worth the gossip.
>>
And I think I'll pause it here.
Got to love those dice huh.
It's a bit late. Did you guys enjoy this?
I don't mind continuing but I might need a bit of time to come up with something after this.
>>
>>26730432
What

I'm kinda confused as to what happened. Did we hit too hard because we got mad at the comment or because we all voted to not hold back?
>>
>>26730458
Mango got pissed at the comment.
>>
>>26730432
It's a bit vague about what happened.
>>
>>26730456
I'm glad there's another QM around. I really liked the character descriptions. I feel like that's a weak point of mine.

I have some critiques, but I don't think they're appropriate for this thread. Don't want to derail afterall.

Also, I'm still up for running a bit, if some players are still up.
>>
>>26730472
ehh...I tried to do a show don't tell thing but I guess the narrative strategy I employed just made things vague and not in the way I wanted. Sorry, I got a bit ahead of myself when posting.
Perhaps I should change this a bit so it makes more sense.
>>
>>26730518
One second please.
>>
>>26730516
Go right ahead I'm actually glad there's 2qms now so vamp can be what it's supposed to be
New guy could use improvements but he's alright
>>
The changes aren't big but I hope this clears things up.

>>26729883
>>26729956
>As you get ready to hit the Machine you hear something in the distance its faint but enough...
"No way ah lazy, thieving piece of bat shit so going to break my record."

Roll for composer: CRIT FAIL

>Losing your business, being forced into being spy all the bullshit politics that came with it, disappointing June, undergoing all of that nearly unending pain from the testing and all the goddamn bat remarks! With all the shit you've been through You do not need this today!
>Without a second thought you bring your hoof to the machine with full force sending all of your frustrations into the tester.
>You hear some faint noises but you block them out and set your sites to the crowd.

"Who said that!" Who the hell said that! WELL! COME THE FUCK ON!"
>Shelly is visibly shuttering at the wake what-what just happened "M-mango you need to calm down, it was jus-"
"I don't want to calm down! I'm jus-just sick of this shit!"
>"Mango your hoof!"
"Uh?"

>You look at the base of the tester or perhaps where the base used to be. Your hoof went pass the base of the machinery all the way to the wooden floor and a bit through that but you're not sure, but you hit something.
> After pulling out your hoof you see it's covered in splinters and cuts and if you hadn't had your current pair hoofguard on it might have been filled with metal scraps.
>You don't feel any pain but still you see a bit of blood dripping from where your is starts and your hoof ends.

>The room is silent.

"oops."
>>
>>26730610
Ehm btw list our HP each time we get injured cause we evidently did based on damage done to our hoof
>>
>>26730610
shit...forgot a spoiler, fuck it.
I think you guys know what's going on.
I hope.

>>26730622
right sorry,
HP is 15/35 I figured mango might have healed up a bit after the fight with the timberwolves but not too much that's why her HP isn't in the 30s. only did 2 damage.
>>
>>26730665
Yeah alright go to cyoa discussion thread and read what mangoanon left for you there if you didn't already
>>
I'd let thread die but i'm not a dick like that here's a bump for our new Qm
Not that mangoanon is bad he's pretty great too
>>
>>26730610
>"Oh Celestia, that looks bad. I, uh, I'm gonna go get some bandages..."
>Shelly takes off as quickly as possible.
>The crowd begins to murmur, and you hear a voice coming out of the woodwork.
>"Whatinthe SAM HELL didja do, bat!"
>It's that old racist stallion from your first visit.
>"We've had that thing since I was a trainee! Dammit, you newcomers have no respect for this guild or what we provide."
>Cog follows behind him.
>"Cookie, nopony gives half a rats ass what you think, you know. You ok Mango?"
>Your hoof throbs. The cuts don't mean much, but you're pretty sure you broke something. Hopefully it heals...
"I.. I'm ok I guess. Hurt my hoof pretty bad."
>Cookie hurumphs and turns.
>"I will bring this up to the other masters. You aren't getting away with this, bat."
>Cog rolls his eyes. "You'll be fine. Erhm, well, they might make you pay for a new test machine at worst. I've had to pay for my share of tables... And speaking of paying for your share, I think I'm done for the night. Didn't keep track of the tab though... "
>Just then Shelly returns. "Oh, done already Cog? Well, I got some bandages. You're alright, right, Mango?" She gives you the cloth strips.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Need to go pay the tab..."
>They turn to leave, and you notice that most of the crowd has cleared out.
>The bartender is still there, as is the griffon who was dominating the poker table. He just glares at you.
>input action
>>
>>26732630
Uh..how much do we have to pay
Just get it over with
>>
>>26732718
>You fight trepidation and head over to the bar.
>The bartender furiously cleans the bar with a rag, staring downwards.
"Uh, hey, I.."
>"J-just please don't break anything more, alright? I got enough to clean as it is."
"I didn't mean to break it... I just wanted to pay Iron Cog's tab."
>She looks at you closely. "Really? He roped you into that? Well, he had a light night, but 30 shots is thirty shots. That'll be 120 bits."
>input action
>>
>>26732790
Shit thats a lot of money
Can I pay half now 60 bits?
>>
>>26733020
"Shit. Uh, it's a tab, right, can I pay half now or.."
>"Yeah, of course. Though if you don't pay up by the end of the month the Guild can take your bounty pay, with interest, or suspend your membership. You have about two weeks before that happens."
>>
>>26733040
Just pay in full now.
We already have a check for a good sum of bits that should give us our money back.
>>
>>26733040
Right..take bits then I'll pay all
>>
>>26733053
>>26733221
"Screw it, I'll just pay up."
>You count out 120 bits and slide it over the counter.

>Now you're standing in a rather empty guild hall.
>input action.
>>
>>26733238
Maybe we can still grab our official licence if they have it...and don't kick us out.
>>
>>26733326
Yeah this is fine
>>
>>26733238
We still need to get our license
>>
>>26733326
>>26733599
>You head to the front desk, where a unicorn stallion with a breastplate is standing, and messing with some files.
"Uh, hey. I was supposed to get my permanent license card here."
>"Name?"
"Uh, Mango."
>He flits through the files and pulls out a card.
>"Make sure all the info is right, we had some ponies get upset because the race or gender was wrong..."
>The plastic card reads as follows.

The Guild of Adventurers hereby counts MANGO among its members
Race: Batpony
Height at Shoulder: 2 feet 5 inches
Weight: 98 pounds

Optional
Religion: _____
Blood type: ______
Burial Request: _______
Medical Allergies: _______
Other: ______

Extra certifications
( ) Concealed Firearms
( ) Military Arms
( ) Crew Served Weapons
( ) Exotics Specialist
( ) Alchemist
( ) Foreign Language- _______
( ) Vehicle Pilot- Air
( ) Vehicle Pilot- Water
( ) Other _______

>Lots of empty boxes...
>>
>>26733781
Well i don't think we have any of those certificates except for concealed firearms but not sure on that one
>>
>>26733781
I don't think we have any of those certifications yet.

Not even sure which religions exist in Equestria.
Blood type: Dunno.
Burial: Cremation
Medical Allergies: None
Other: Medical condition: Porphyria
>>
>>26733781
Religion: None Mango just doesn't seem like the religious type to me.
Blood type: A,
Burial Request: Buried in a casket with our weapon of choice and some bits for the boatman. So if people think we're dead we'll be able to break out later.
Medical Allergies: Dos our skin condition count?
>>
>>26733863
Can't confirm our blood type
>>
>>26733972
AB+ Might not be a bad option.

Universal receiver.
>>
>>26733972
I was just making something up for the hell of it. It didn't seem important given how we have all kinds of blood in us now.

Also, because blood in general, heals us.
>>
>>26733988
I chose this because if we're ever out cold and they take us to the ER to give us blood, they'll be able to give us anything.

That way our blood type will pretty much reflect that.
>>
>>26733851
>>26733863
>>26733972
>>26733988
>You know about the religious cults around the princesses. Officially, they dispute a claim to godhood, but that hasn't stopped the cults. It doesn't help that a lot of Celestia worshipers hold government positions. Your dad used to harp on that a lot.
>There's also cults around Discord and other powerful figures. The zebras practice some kind of old tribal worship, and many ponies worship nature as if it were divine.
>Personally, you never really cared.

>For blood type you think you should pick the one that can take any kind. You bet that's what Diane put. You mark AB+.

>For burial, well, cremation would be your actual preference if you actually died, but you're immortal, right? If you asked to be buried with your stuff you won't loose it, hopefully.

>Finally, you mark down Porphyria as a medical condition. Hopefully no one will notice that you changed your story here...

"Do I need to mark down any certifications I have?"
>"No, if you had any they'd be marked by the printers. Unless you want to put something in the "other" spot."
"Hmm."
>input action
>>
>>26733781
Wouldn't sunlight be our medical allergy?
>>
>>26734045
Hell, I didn't even remember that we changed our story.
Porphyria is the official medical condition that we got from the doctor, right?

And no need to put down other certifications. Our business license doesn't have anything to do with adventuring.
>>
>>26734066
Well, alchemist sell potions.
If we ever have any loot we want to sell at a market or something, it might be a good idea to have our business licence noticed.
>>
>>26734045
Nah we don't really have any other
>>
>>26734066
>>26734115
>>26734116
>You consider writing down your business licence, though you're not sure if they care about your fruit selling history.

>Eh, if you want you can add that later anyway.
"Uh, do you need to add these to my file or anything?"
>"Oh, no. We only keep the basics here. The stuff on your card is mostly just incase you die or get injured. If you get a new certification we'll print a new one."
"Okay, I'm done then."

>input action
>>
>>26734247
Kay let's leave then
So um when can i get permanent licence
>>
>>26734277
That's exactly what we just got.
>>
>>26734247
Let's walk out and see if any markets are open that sell meat. Then we can bring something home for the wolf.
>>
>>26734283
I'm retarded excuse my ignorance
>>
>>26734299
>>26734277
>You head out into the night air.
>Hopefully you can find wolfbro some meat. >Though you have no idea where to look.

>There is a butcher in town, run by a diamond dog, oddly, but he closes at 3:00 PM. Weird hours...
>You ask around, finding a single stallion who's not too busy.
>"Meat? I dunno, other than the butcher. But, you know hear that we're supposed to get a Ponemart soon! They carry a bit of everything. Maybe you could see if some of the local restaurants serve meat."
>>
>>26734461
Uh in restourants is probably expensive as fuck..
>>
>>26734461
Might as well hunt for it ourself. Besides, fresher meat would probably be better.
>>
>>26734472
>>26734496
>Screw that noise.
>You just took a blow to the wallet, you'd rather not take another.
>You could hunt it yourself, but, of course that's risky, especially in the Everfree.
>There is some more tame forest north and west of town, but you might not find anything at all in those.
>input action
>>
>>26734799
Couldn't we just buy something small and take it to go?
Or do they mean something different than a fast food restaurant?
>>
>>26734853
Drive-throughs don't exist so there's no reason to have anything other that sit down restaurants. Maybe somewhere big and bust like Manehatten, but not Ponyville.
>>
>>26734799
We're going to have to hunt eventually.

How hard could it be?
>>
>>26734893
Not hard at all with proper equipment we should probably get a range weapon though
Bow would work fine
>>
>>26734949
We already have a revolver, though it's technically illegal.

We should just buy a cheap shotgun, since we have some ammo.
>>
>>26734888
They don't have a Mc'pones. What a dump!

>>26734949
One problem...we don't know how to use a bow do you think going bare bones on it will be enough to hit a random deer or something?

>>26734977
I love the idea of getting a new shotgun.
>>
>>26734988
We have our solid metal hoof guards.
>>
>>26734997
I don't think we can hunt by punching, anon
>>
>>26735040
He means hold the bow with hoofguards
>>
File: paperjune.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
paperjune.png
1KB, 128x128px
Got a thing from /cyoag/
>>26734853
>>26734893
>>26734949
>>26734977
>>26734988
>>26735040
>You walk north through town, thinking about what you could do.
>There are some fast food places, but you're fairly sure everything in them is vegetarian.
>You don't recall most chains having meat dishes, only fancier places.
>There is a gun shop in town, if you wanted you could check that out, though all your shotgun ammo is back in the castle.
>input action
>>
>>26735040
We could hunt something aggressive like a boar. Melee weaponry would work if it's something that doesn't run away.
>>
File: 1405664708847.png (494KB, 608x475px) Image search: [Google]
1405664708847.png
494KB, 608x475px
>>26735040
>>26735068
You better hide nature, Mango is going hunting!
>>
>>26735060
Guns are probably well out of our price range at moment even if were allowed to have them
>>
>>26735098
We have 400 bits cash, a check for 400 bits and some jewelry we could sell if we really wanted one.

Can't hurt to ask the price at least.
>>
>>26735098
We're able to have some guns.
Like that shotgun we had on the train we don't need a licence for that.

>>26735060
I think going to the gunshop is worth it to see what they have.
>>
>>26735118
We can't cash that check because the bank closes to early. We could ask Twi for help with that and she does owe us some guns. We should also talk with her about what happened at the hospital.
>>
>>26735229
She won't give us our guns back until we get our licence and it's been a huge pain to get to classes for the same problem.

It's rather pointless right now. We'll just need to wake up earlier and hope our clothing shields us from the sun enough to do stuff.
>>
>>26735316
Long guns don't require a license and she took our first shotgun because it was stolen.
>>
>>26735141
>>26735118
>You decide to check out the shop.
>You're not obligated to buy anything just from walking in, right?

>The shop is deeper than you expected, with long guns lining the wall to your right.
>In front is a long glass cabinet with pistols locked behind the glass.
>A single unicorn is talking to another customer, a griffon shouldering a rifle.
>"..our top of the line model, the Model 81. It's an autoloader, so all you gotta do is pull the trigger for each shot. That one is in .35, but it's offered in several other calibers."
>The griffon smirks, "I hear these are not so easy to clean, yes. And the .35 has the cheapest ammo, correct?"
>"Ah, indeed. These Hoofington guns are as modern as they come. Being on the bleeding edge means they're a bit complex, but it's far lighter and more elegant than Wingchester's offering. Of course, I stock those as well. I'll let you think it over."
>The griffon nods and hands back the rifle, which the unicorn reracks with his magic.
>"Ah, a new customer. How do you do miss? Looking for anything in particular?"
"Oh, uh, I was looking for a shotgun. Something on a budget, really."
>"Hmm, alright, what guage?"
"I... uh?"
>"Well what are you using it for? Big game hunting, bird hunting, home defense?"
>input response
>>
>>26735562
Big game hunting also something for home defence might be nice.
I need to defend my home and my rights!
>>
>>26735562
Can it be both big game and home defense? We live near the Everfree forest after all.
>>
>>26735562
I'd prefer a mix between home defense and big game hunting.

Barrel on the shorter side would be preferred.
>>
>>26735610
>>26735627
>>26735637
"Uh, both, really. I'd like something as handy as possible though."
>He chuckles a bit. "Ah, well then, I think a 12 guage is what you want. It can pretty much do anything well with the right shells. I have several models available. Our most popular, and, one of the cheapest, is a Side by Side 24 inch double barrel. It costs 120 bits base."
>You think he can see the sparkle in your eyes as he goes over the double barrel. It's looks even cooler than the one you chopped up... and Twilight stole from you.
>Encouraged, he continues.
>"Going up the line, there's a 20 inch Pump gun for 250, and a 20 inch autoloader for 500 bits. If you wish, we can customize them as well, an 18 inch barrel is the shortest legal length unless you have the concealed weapons permit. We offer more than that though. On the pump or auto we can extend the magazine tube, and all of them can have walnut stocks added."
>input action
>>
>>26735756
I'm liking the auto loader. If we're investing in a gun than we should get a gun that can be used for a long time. We should swing over to Twi's and see if we can convince her to pay the bill.
>>
>>26735756
kek mango is getting all hot and bothered over shotguns.

I think the Side by Side will do nicely.

>>26735817
>Barrowing money for guns from twishit who already stole our guns.
No, thank you. I think we can handle the bill.
>>
>>26735880
She said she would replace them. She owes us that money.
>>
>>26735954
We never passed any of the exams she wanted us to do so she won't replace them yet.

Besides, I don't want to take anything from her.
>>
>>26736077
We could argue that long guns don't need a license.
>>
>>26736094
It's not just that.
She thinks we're incompetent with our weapons and won't let us keep them without taking the exams for them.
>>
>>26736151
So you won't even let us try? We also have other reasons to talk to her and she need to go to bed at some point. Also ask how late this shop is open.
>>
>>26736175
We already did try when we begged her not to take our guns away. It didn't work.

Besides I'm not saying never talk to her, I'm just saying let's get the guns we can have without her haveing the ability to legally take them.
>>
>>26736305
She wouldn't have the ability to legally take it and the reason she could take our first shotgun was that it was both stolen and a concealed weapon which, unlike what we're attempting to buy, does need a license and to be registered.
>>
>>26735756
I like the idea of the pump action.
>>
>>26737207
>>26735880
>>26735817
And we're tied for all three...
>>
>>26737227
I vote for the auto loader, I can't imagine manual reload is fun for non-unicorns in combat
>>
>>26737207
Pump action works for me.
Let's go with this.
>>
>>26737227
I think so.We only really came here to check the selection and prices so why don't we ask about the business hours and then leave to get our finances in order.
>>
>>26737227
That's 2 for the auto loader
>>
>>26737227
Auto loader
>>
>>26737227
I like pump action because it takes about a half second to chamber the next shell.

Sure, it takes a little bit to get the gun back on target, but the autoloader is really expensive. As tempting as the double barrel is, reloading would probably be a bitch.
>>
>>26737320
This
>>
>>26737256
>>26737280
>>26737300
>You'd really prefer the autoloader. As a non-unicorn, reloading is going to be a pain.
>Of course the autoloader is just above your price range, at least until you can cash this check or convince Twilight to reimburse you for those other guns.
"I like the Auto, but I don't have that much on me. When do you close tonight?"
>"Right, yes. We close at 10:00 PM."
>It's a bit after 9 right now.
>"You know, each of these guns is a unique machine. Why don't I go over the quirks of each."
>The stallion explains his point of view on the benefits and drawbacks of using each weapon in various scenarios.
=====
Just so you guys have more information. The shotguns are identical in base damage, but they all handle a bit differently in my system. The Double barrel can fire both barrels, giving two attacks in a turn at the cost of reduced accuracy. The autoloader can fire all its remaining shells in a turn similarly. The Double barrel has a drawback of only holding two shells and being heavy, while the Autoloader is a complex machine that needs attention and maintenance. The Pump has no special attacks like that, but it also lacks the drawbacks.
======
>input action
>>
Calling it a night.
>>
>>26737425
We should head over to Twilight's
>>
>>26737425
Buy the pump action.
>>
>>26738267
Why spend money now when there is a chance to get the more expensive gun for free?
>>
beb?
>>
>>26737899
I agree to twilights we go
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.