[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you like the content produced by the fandom? What possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: photo.png (507KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
507KB, 900x900px
Why do you like the content produced by the fandom?
What possible value does any of this have?
What good can come out of this content?
How do people such as pic related think that what they're doing will have any benefit to anyone in the future?
Why do people produce horse content?
>>
>>26025865
Human beings aren't entitled to be productive to society 24/7, Anon.
We are living, feeling beings, not machines.
>>
>>26025865
>Implying entertainment isn't productive
>>
>>26025894
Why?
If no one did anything productive at all that would otherwise improve themselves or benefit others there is no point to being alive at that point.
>>26025921
What value does this entertainment have on others? What do others gain that would be beneficial to them as an individual?
>>
File: 1450390638235.jpg (247KB, 2048x973px) Image search: [Google]
1450390638235.jpg
247KB, 2048x973px
>>26025924
The purpose is to pass time while we await for our death.
What else do you want from me? I am not a phylosopher.
>>
>>26025944
We use this time helping one another.
Doing things that matter that will benefit others now and in the future.
>>
>>26025955
When you make content to entertain the fandom, doesn't mean that further generations can't watch it.
We can still watch cartoons from 1920s, can't we?
>>
>>26025924
Helping others starts with helping yourself
Productivity needs dedication, inspiration, and mood. You will never be as productive as you should be if you're not feeling like it, or if you're exhausted.
There's a reason depression is linked to loneliness. You're not depressed just because you're not productive, but because there's something else missing. Be it another person, or just a form of entertainment.
Self-entertainment if a form of self-improvement. In terms of efficiency, I suppose you would have to make sure that your personal entertainment doesn't affect others' well-being, but it's nearly non-existent with pony stuff on the internet. People make videos because it's fun to them, they share it because other people find these videos funny, etc. And if you don't like it, you can stop watching whenever you want.

I'm fairly sure there are tons of works on the subject, but I always find it interesting to discuss this kind of thing.
>>
>>26025965
Generating new content is a form of productivity. Some people get frustrated if they consume content without producing any. Expressing yourself is a form of self-improvement and can in turn inspire others to create something.
>>
File: sad smile.png (132KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
sad smile.png
132KB, 900x668px
>>26025865
I love fan works. My main reason, I think, is that I like the feeling I get, when I realise that there are talented and dedicated people out there who get their inspiration in the same source I get it from.
I have a great respect for people's dedication, as it's a trait I lack.

Also, I like to be amused, and quite a lot of fan works succeed to amuse me. Why not to like them then?

I kinda feel down, when these people start distancing themselves from the fandom, from the show.
There are various examples of that. Alex S for instance - it is not that I'm even into that genre, to begin with. However, I feel really fucking sad, that the person, who made the very song that served as the inspiration for the first EQG opening (which I love), pretty much had cut all ties with the show and fandom.
The Living Tombstone, to a lesser extent. It is not that I actually "need" more pony related content from him. It's the fact he doesn't makes any more pony content itself what bothers me.

I know it is selfish and all these people have their lives to live. Some did their stuff on a whim, and no longer find it interesting. Some never were actually into ponies, but used their popularity as a start - to get noticed. I understand that. It is just that I can't understand - if you were once so much into something, that you could make music, write stories and even go as far as to do animations about it, how can you just completely stop and act indifferent? I don't get it. I still remember things I liked as a small child. And even while I did become more ironic about that, it doesn't mean I stopped to like it.

Among the positive examples, there's that Aviators dude. Majority of the music he made at his start on Youtube was pony-related. Now most of his channel is original music. Yet, he makes a pony track once in a while. And that what is great.
>>
>>26025967
What drives these content creators to do what they do? Specifically with pony content?
It surprises my to see all kinds of media, different forms of art, deviant expressions of entertainment being produced by this fandom compared to most other products with a cult following to them.
I find it more worrying than surprising actually to see these talents squander in the cesspool of pony content we have currently, when you think about all the things these artists could be doing if they had been doing their own things, and not operate on a already made palette of pony content to sustain what they do.
>>26025965
What reason would future generations have to appreciate this as much as we do?
Most people in the fandom have dedicated themselves to this trend for a good portion of their lives, and future generations can see almost everything this fandom has produced within a year and it will be no where near as great as an experience we have currently.
>>26026044
I can get behind this. Other than that last sentence but other than that, I agree
>>
>>26025865
>People make content they enjoy
>People either make enough money from it to live off their hobby alone or do it alongside a normal job
>With the money they earn they buy things, contributing to the economy and therefore benefiting society

Not that hard anon.
>>
>>26026104
That implies that everyone does something to benefit others in society just by being a consumer. I can almost guarantee you that almost nobody gives a second thought about society after they have acquired that plushie they've wanted for weeks.
Benefiting others should always be the intent of whomever wants to help others in society, if that's not the case then who else will they be helping other than themselves?
>>
File: euphoria sparkle.png (261KB, 689x693px) Image search: [Google]
euphoria sparkle.png
261KB, 689x693px
>>26025865
Speaking of the fandum, you know FIW finally released horse women pt 2? But it's not rdp/mas, so no one cares.
>>
>>26026145
I work in retail in my own business and your bullshit of "buying shit doesn't benefit anybody but the guy who bought it" is triggering me.
>>
>>26026160
FiW should have stayed kill.
>>
>>26026160
we had two threads about it already, you silly faggot.
>>
>>26026088
>I find it more worrying than surprising actually to see these talents squander in the cesspool of pony content
Either they're unaware of thing that could be better for them; either they just like pony more, find it more fitting to their personality, more cute, more inspiring.
I agree that they're probably wasting their potential if they only do pony stuff though.

>it will be no where near as great as an experience we have currently.
I disagree. Just because I started watching the show in 2013 doesn't make it any worse.
Third world countries that get new technology a few years after they come out in first world countries won't enjoy them less.

>What reason would future generations have to appreciate this as much as we do?
Well, people still listen to Mozart.
I mean I know I can't compare fanmade pony videos to Mozart, but we're talking about general art here I assume.
>>
>>26025894
>>26025924
holy shit this black white thinking
people really are becoming stupidos
>>
>>26025865
>For what purpose
Fun.
>>
>>26026251
>becoming
Anon, are you new to 4chan or somethin
>>
>>26026145
>contributing to the economy isn't good enough
>nobody can pursue their own goals and dreams if they want

Got enough space to breathe between those goalposts there?
>>
>>26026267
>Literally feeding other people somehow doesn't contribute to society
>HE forgets that the delivery men, the merchants, stores and the people that work for the companies are making a living out of people that buy shit
>>
>>26025865
>Why
Why not
>What value
As much as it had quality
>What good
Only the future can tell
>What about the future
Only the future can tell
>Why make it
Why not

Yuropoor can't into why not
>>
File: blackgryphon-rages.jpg (33KB, 302x441px) Image search: [Google]
blackgryphon-rages.jpg
33KB, 302x441px
>>26025865
Hello Blackgryphon!
Spread your message!
>>
OP is either a communist or he has autism.
>>
>>26026309
>differentiating between them
>probably thinks feminism and atheism aren't ploys, too
At least you're a good person deserving of a nice family
>>
>>26026267
>>26026274
Finances to feed others isn't a contribution to society.
It's a commodity almost anyone living in a first world society can afford.
The contribution I talk about isn't anything as materialistic and as common as food, water and money. I'm talking about improving the next generation, inspiring others to be what they want to be, as oppose to finances, food and water.
I'd wager that a lot of people who have access to this commodity still feel underachieved. Still feel unhappy.
Even so, why should anyone care whether or not you have food on your plate or not?
>>
>>26026346
You are a fucking idiot.
Sure the4y won't feel realized, but that's within their power, not in the power of content producers.
Whoever thinks that television shows and media can truly help you to find your way in life is a fool.
The only one stopping you from finding your own way is yourself.
>>
>>26026346
>Even so, why should anyone care whether or not you have food on your plate or not?

Well good fucking luck raising 'muh new generation' without basic necessities like food on your plate.

Christ, even fucking Hitler knew the importance of having a good economy. And can you really blame him after the mess that was Weimar?

Man, sure must have been easy improving the next generation back then when a loaf of bread cost into the thousands thanks to hyperinflation.
>>
>>26026382
A cesspool of unwanted horse content doesn't help anyone in that regard either.
What's going to happen to these content creators after the fandom dies down and it practically becomes a husk of it's former self?
Think of all that talent that was squandered on only horse related content. Think of who's gonna try and put it on their portfolios.
>>26026414
Today food and water is as common as human rights. I never implied to abolish food and water and whatever else everyone takes for granted.
A good economy is completely different to improving yourself and other in the form of media. Which is what the fucking thread was made to discuss.
>>
File: 1427873073448.jpg (30KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1427873073448.jpg
30KB, 576x432px
>>26026450
Tell me what do you have agaisnt dong shit one likes for his own amusement, even if it doesn't achieve anything of "absolute value" and "great meaning".
I could say you being on this very website arguing with us is wasting your time miserably right now.
Justify yourself then, faggot.
If you say "LOL BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIVES" then this argument is over, and you can just leave.
>>
File: That time again.png (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
That time again.png
1MB, 960x960px
>>26026478
This has been something on my mind for quite some time now.
Whenever seeing ANYTHING fanmade related to ponies I don't feel inspiration, joy, happiness. I fail to be entertained by anything produced by this fandom.

I sit there and feel something I don't like. I don't know what it is. Dread, envy, despair. Either way I don't know how anyone could feel entertained, how anyone could feel "fulfilled" with what they do, compared to what others do which ends up being under-appreciated despite being on a completely original palette.
That lead me to asking myself "Why do they do this?" If most gain nothing from this and others treat it as a job to make money on Patreon or whatever donating website they use, how do they soak up enough motivation, enough inspiration to carry on doing what they do?
And the result is this thread asking a few blunt questions regarding this subject.

I don't mean to imply that what I do is any better because it isn't, but that's a completely different topic for another day. I just want to know how they do something I can't do, which is soak up the motivation to do these things (mostly for free).
>>
>>26025865
I write fanfic partially to relieve my own pain and stress, partially to improve my writting skills, and mostly because it makes my heart feel warm when other people read it... So that's the use of the fan content I create.
>>
>>26026587
>Changing goalposts
Make up your fucking mind.
Like I said before, nobody can find inspiration, happiness and fulfillment in media or similar.
If you want to find those things look around in more places, don't just stay here. Envy comes from the feeling that you lack something that makes you feel unique, which only you can find. And even if you don't, then just do whatever that you want to and try and feel satisfied with yourself.
Some people give advice, others follow it.
Live for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBwGbCNoUI
>>
>>26026587
>how to motivation
Inertia is the strongest of forces fuck you sci, I'm trying to make a point here
If you do nothing, you'll keep doing nothing
You have to make a habit out of it. Forcing yourself into it. When I was a kid I did Judo, and I hated having to leave home to go to the club. Once I was there though I enjoyed it, and I knew I'd enjoy it, I just didn't feel like moving;
It's hard sometimes, but self-discipline is the best policy I believe.
>>
>>26025865
I like the youtube account of this green pony
>>
>>26026757
CAUSE ALL I WANNA DO IS HAVE SOME FUN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhYr4RGp_TE
>>
>>26026757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-x1LVYXrKE
>>
File: S5-14 Canterlot Boutique.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S5-14 Canterlot Boutique.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>26025865
>Why do you like the content produced by the fandom?
Because is fun. Because is about a content that I like (mlp:fim).

>What possible value does any of this have?
The feels.

>What good can come out of this content?
Inspiration, good mood, fun.

>How do people such as pic related think that what they're doing will have any benefit to anyone in the future?
Any artist can think that they can change the future to the best. If this is the fuel of inspiration is what they will do.

>Why do people produce horse content?
Because is normal to produce content about what you like.

As artist you can like something as much that you ignore ANYTHING that aren't about what you like. And can be able to produce content ONLY about what you like.
So many people can draw Rainbow Dash but can't draw Sanic just because they like RD and not Sanic, for example.
Don't need put some society's bullshit on artistic nonsense.

TL;DR
watch SEASON 5 - Ep. 14 Canterlot Boutique.

Artist just don't give a fuck about anything but do nice things to pleasure themselves and get audience as bonus.
>>
File: My dreams.gif (621KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
My dreams.gif
621KB, 500x267px
>>26027056
>Want to get into drawing all the time and produce something I'd be proud of.
>End up playing vidya, fapping to horses, browsing /mlp/ and feel like shit at the end of the day.
I seriously don't know how to combat this.
This whole thread has made me sad now.
>>
>>26025955
I don't see you volunteering at soup kitchens.
>>
File: 1449273278022.png (160KB, 436x473px) Image search: [Google]
1449273278022.png
160KB, 436x473px
>>26027100
>I seriously don't know how to combat this

There's no way to combat this, indeed
But when you pic up your drawing material and draw normal horses in the normal positions you will win this combat. And usually some good ideas will come out.
>>
>>26025865
Hasbro alone cannot meet my demand for pony, so I turn to the fandom. Simple as that.
>>
>>26027100
>I seriously don't know how to combat this.
Lurk Flockmod boards. You'll get to watch drawfags do shit so you can learn from them.
You don't actually practice, but at least you learn a little.
Generally speaking, watching active streams (picarto, etc) of active artists can help inspiring you.
>>
>>26026297
I agree to those BG posts desu
>>
Fan content is fun, and artists like image OP share that with others who enjoy it and it makes their lives better. If life was nothing about "production" and progress without any humor/enjoyment/success/struggle/etc, it would be a bland void meaningless of its existence and i would have killed myself ages ago.

Benefits to the future? We still look back at great classic works of literature/audio/video and it helps us in our lives be it from mood to health to whatever.

Hell if you wanna stay with internet only genre then memes from 90s or earlier still exists and are used and laughed at.
>>
>>26027395
If I posted the ones where he says horse fame is worthless on their own, I'd expect most ppl to agree. But for him to literally live with the Creber family whom he met through pony, and get all his meagre non-mlp work from connections with them, for him to claim that his career has nothing to do with "worthless horse fame" is fucking unbelievable
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>26025865

fuck off
>>
STEALIN WHEAT AND BARLEY AND ALL THE OTHER GRAINS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pY0gZRb8kE
>>
File: 1446405983550.png (167KB, 374x264px) Image search: [Google]
1446405983550.png
167KB, 374x264px
>>26025865
You're like a depressed Johnny Number 5 trying to understand Horsefuckery.
>Why are you even here in the first place?
But to answer your Questions (in order of the OP post):
>Because it gives us keks / zozzles and we have come to known these characters, so we like interesting scenarios people come up with
>As stated keks / zozzles. There isn't a deeper meaning or reason for everything, in fact for most things today there really isn't
>Popularity for people who like to create / Entertainment for people who like such content. Pretty Obvious Win/Win for both
>Because people feel happy when watching this stuff and happiness makes live woth while, coming in all shapes and sizes, some of them pone, others not. Who creates things simply to serve others?
>Because of everything above Combined:
-keks / zozzles (= Fun and enjoyment)
-popularity / interesting content and producers
-Entertainment that is specifically tailord to a certain set of people, making them feel more relevant.
>>
>>26025865
you remember that 'fun' thing?
like, having fun?
we do.
>>
>>26027100
Most of that is good though.
>>
>>26029615
I want to do more with my life.
>>
>>26026324
>atheism
I'd tell you to go to hell for lumping that in with commies but, well... you know.
>>
>>26025924
What purpose does star wars or my little pony have to anyone that would be beneficial to them as an individual?
>>
>>26025865
>Why do you like the content produced by the fandom?
a lot of projecting going on in this question.
i only like some of it, and for a lot or verious reasons, mostly because its entertaining.
>What possible value does any of this have?
see above, unless you are talking about some objective value, meaning value outside of its usefullness to me, in which case, shut up. im a nihilist, and i won't hear any of that bullshit.
>What good can come out of this content?
>implying i give a shit about your normie srtuggle between "good" and "evil"
>How do people such as pic related think that what they're doing will have any benefit to anyone in the future?
i don't know. why don't you ask them.
>Why do people produce horse content?
a lot of it is just because of the popualrity of sites like derpiboru and fimfiction make it easy for people to simply make something pony related and get a lot of attention for it, even if its all done anonymously. also, see the answer to the previous question.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.