[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval Equestria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Just talked to the artist of this project. It is still alive and underway. He's hoping to have a demo out by Bab's con. I really just wanted to shill for it because it's so fucking beautiful and I feel it's sadly underrated.
>>
>>25983681
>this fandom
>ever getting a good 3D game

A man can dream
>>
>>25983681
I dislike how the eyes and the body feel like totally different materials.
>>
>>25983775
The demo for horse game seems to be as close as we've gotten so far. I just really wanted to spread awareness of this because the project is so gorgeous. Raynaron does seem like he may end up being a perfectionist as most people who aim to achieve beauty tend to be. That always leads to very slow progress. I'm really just hoping for a playable demo right now so I can enjoy it.
>>
>>25983798
I never noticed it until you said something. I suppose it'd be best off to add at least some form of soft texture to the body. The reflective appearance of the eyes is great in my opinion.
>>
>>25983798
Agreed with the manes and coat. They just don't seem to be as detailed or as realistic as everything else. Not saying realism is the way to go, just that consistency would help out. I think the eyes look fine.
>>
>>25984043
Gives you an idea of how out of place a pony would be in our world. In some ways I do like it... Actually now that I look at it from that perspective I kind of like it a lot.
>>
>>25983681

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>25983681
Dear diary,
today OP was not a faggot
>>
>>25984295
Thanks, I really though I was going to be called a faggot because I'm basically being a shill for this. Clearly I'm just trying to see if anyone else is still as interested as I still am.
>>
>>25983681
Tell him to not pull a mane6
>>
>>25983681
Bump because good game
>>
>>25984389
I really haven't been following any other 3d games desu. I'm not sure what you mean by "pull a mane 6"
Also I am not associates with the artist at all I've had 2 dialogues with him in the last year because I love the game.

Not trying to sound serious man, just curious.
>>
>>25983829
The horse game is dead right?
>>
File: oh lol.jpg (26KB, 252x346px) Image search: [Google]
oh lol.jpg
26KB, 252x346px
>>25983681
>Spend a shitload of time making pony game
>Show it on Babscon
>Hasbro notices it
>You get C&D'd
>>
>>25985164
Truthfully the most I know about horse game is that I got fucked up one night and got my non-ponyfag friend to download it and play the demo with me one night several months ago. He compared it to a Spyro game and I got a mild erection when I found the fluttershy socks.
>>
>>25985172
I think as long as the real characters from the show it shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>25983681
Looks like a beautifully imagined and realized piece of artwork that I'll probably have to play with the sound off because of the toe-curlingly awful dialogue and voice acting.

Why do the worst writers always prey on the best artists, like starving hyenas? Do they instinctively know that they're shit and need to seek out some coattails to grab onto? Same thing that happened with the /mlp/ VN, shameful.
>>
>>25986883
if the game were to forgo VA
s and have basic sound effects ans REALLY good music I think I would be happy. I watched one of the babscon videos where the artist was talking about how he has a producer for background music which you can hear in some of his youtube videos and it has potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1XA4tTfMpo
>>
>>25988073
Yeah, nothing wrong with text dialogue. Leaves the voices to the imagination.

Doesn't help the shit writing though.
>>
>>25986883
>Why do the worst writers always prey on the best artists
Everyone thinks they can write and hardly anyone reads great books enough to understand what good writing takes.
>>
>>25983681
>>25988073
looks good
>inb4 he knows nothing about the medieval period and just puts meme crap
>>
File: 1429940276475.jpg (16KB, 422x362px) Image search: [Google]
1429940276475.jpg
16KB, 422x362px
>>25988073
The surroundings look fantastic but it needs better pony models and animations.
>>
>>25989104
If you read the description, it says that the environments are provided by the Epic studios. I'm pretty sure he didn't build those
>>
So what is the game actually about? He says he wants an immersive environment which sounds fantastic, but it'd be great to actually have some framing
>>
bitmap
>>
>>25983775
I'm liking how Golden Veronica looks, and I really hope the VAs get their shit together. They're the weak link.
>>
>>25989124
Yeah in these earlier videos the environments aren't his, There is at least one pic on his deviantart showing some of his environmental work.
>>
File: water_study_by_raynaron-d7ar0js.png (899KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
water_study_by_raynaron-d7ar0js.png
899KB, 900x506px
>>25991466
pic related
>>
>>25991608

that looks super unnatural.
>>
>>25988073
Music is pretty tight, not the greatest ever, but more than passable. Animations for the pony are kind of stiff though, especially around the neck when it's galloping around. Mane and tail could use some jigglebones or something.

Mostly I'm wondering what the actual game part of this game is going to be.
>>
>>25983681
Already far more effort than

>GOLDEN
>VERONICA
>C&D the game
>>
>>25991608
I'm pretty sure the picture is just to show off the water physics. I could be wrong.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.