[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There should be more Death in My Little Pony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: dead.jpg (58KB, 1274x612px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
58KB, 1274x612px
No one here is going to agree with me.
>InB4 EDGE MEMES

Death exists, if there wasn't any death there would be no tension for the story to go on.

And let's face it, after 5 fucking seasons of this garbage, we need some of these extra characters to fucking die.

THINK, BEFORE YOU CALL ME OUT FOR EDGE!

Think about how much more interesting if ONE of the characters, any of em, pick one, maybe Celestia, or hell, one of the mane 6 like Fluttershy were to suddenly die, could you, even imagine the possibilities?

No, you couldn't because you manchildren want to live in a pretty box with rose tinted windows for you and your waifus..

But thats the real world kiddies, it's full of death, and suffering, and misery.

Don't like it? Kill yourselves, preferably with a sharp object so when you bleed out you'll actually be able to feel something outside of that hugbox mentality you've locked yourself into.
>>
>>25972104
>subject
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>25972114
Fuck you nigger, the subject field exists to be filled out.

Fucking shitty autsimo lord.
>>
File: MLP's budget took a nosedive.gif (3MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
MLP's budget took a nosedive.gif
3MB, 410x230px
>>25972104
The fact that you capitalized Death in the subject line illustrates that you are some edgelord shithead who thinks all grimdark shit deserves to be on a pedestal.

We had Tanks for the Memories, which deals with the very closest thing to death that a fucking 5-year-old kids' show can be expected to portray.

Now fuck rrrrrrrrrrrrrright off.
>>
Sure, lets kill of Spike and then never revisit this topic ever again. Character improved!
>>
>>25972104

Ow the edge.png (10000x10000)
>>
>>25972104

I must agree that Tank for the memories would have been so much better if Tank actually died
>>
>>25972200
*Hibernate
>>
File: 1376308394317.png (759KB, 3051x2273px) Image search: [Google]
1376308394317.png
759KB, 3051x2273px
>>25972163
Also, killing off characters means no more merch based on him/her/xir/it.
>>
>>25972212

Do it for dash, she looked like a total cunt that didnt even pay for all the shit she did to cloudsdale
It disgusted me a little and I actually hate Rainbow, fuck that bitch
>>
File: cartoon show.png (198KB, 639x359px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon show.png
198KB, 639x359px
>>25972104
IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING SHOW FOR 5 YEAR OLDS
STOP WANTING TO MAKE IT BREAKING BAD, CSI OR LAW AND ORDER
IF YOU WANT MATURE THEME FOR YOUR MATURE SELF, WATCH THE ABOVE SHOWS YOU BASTARD
LEAVE THE CUTE SHOWS FOR LITTLE GIRLS OUT OF YOUR BULLSHIT
>>
File: businessman_PNG6547.png (3MB, 1301x1718px) Image search: [Google]
businessman_PNG6547.png
3MB, 1301x1718px
>>25972163
>Now fuck rrrrrrrrrrrrrright off.
Why can't we just talk, all I want to do is talk and I'M being silenced?

See this is why /MLP is such a shithole in the first place is because it's not a place for discussion its a place for arrogance and self-righteousness.

>>25972175
He's one of the characters who, If I was in charge would be the first to die. Spike, and Celestia for sure. Celestia doesn't contribute anything to the show, why not kill her off in some kind of season opener villain battle?

Think of how much tension and feeling could be brought out of a show, that started out very progressive to begin with.

>>25972189
See, again, only memes, no discussion. This place is a disgrace.

>>25972200
I agree, see for once, a reasonable individual, why can't more of you be like him?

>>25972309
Unlike this caplocking immature child.
>>
>>25972309
Yea but you can make the argument that disney films are also in the same category, yet deal with death. Actually, drugs were also a common thematic element in cartoons.

Honestly, It is very hugboxy for a child at the time. I remember watching cartoons that dealt with more adult subject matter, even though they were kids cartoons. I grew up in the 90s and also had many 80s cartoons on tape that my brothers watched. Those too, dealt with death, even ones from hasbro such as transformers.

So what do you say to that? Are we not broaching the subject of death to be more politically correct? Whats the reason full caps angry anon?
>>
File: 1403581022621.png (113KB, 292x350px) Image search: [Google]
1403581022621.png
113KB, 292x350px
>>25972386
Well I went full caps because we have plenty of violence irl to also have to deal with it in a show that's supposed to be soft and kind to you.
If I wanted to see death, misery and other bullshit, I would just watch the news, read the newspaper and go outside.
>>
>>25972461
So?
The Lion King has character death and we herald it as a classic. Death is a part of life. Be honest with yourself, you watch NOTHING with death or violence? Not one thing? Think about your hobbies and interests. None of them have to do with death?

You honestly want to live in a bubble where the realities of life are too harsh to live with? You can either accept that death is inevitable, and that its a part of life, or hide from it.

I guess you choose the latter?
>>
File: kenshiro.jpg (52KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro.jpg
52KB, 500x313px
I agree. You're in luck, friend! The show and fandom are already dead.
>>
File: 1450927616637.jpg (37KB, 161x236px) Image search: [Google]
1450927616637.jpg
37KB, 161x236px
Why do you mix happy children's shows with grimdark shit?

It is the first sign of autism.
>>
>>25972523
Like I said, that's why I don't go outside.
Anyways I am sure they won't do it since they already did it with tanks for the memories.
So I leave you to argue and shit, knowing that it won't ever happen. They could also have done it in the alternate timelines, yet they didn't so I am sure at this point it is pretty much out of question.
>>
>>25972368
>Why can't we just talk, all I want to do is talk and I'M being silenced?

>See this is why /MLP is such a shithole in the first place is because it's not a place for discussion its a place for arrogance and self-righteousness.

You're 'being silenced' because you either legitimately believe the bullshit that you're spewing, or you're being a meme-spewing shitlord. If the former, it's been very clearly answered, and no amount of bitching will change the fact that, THIS IS A FUCKING KIDS SHOW. You wanna say herpdaderp GI Joe back in the 80s and 90s was violent -- I watched cartoons then too, breh, and I also realize in retrospect that we had a bunch of scenes clearly illustrating even the 'bad guys' escaping the wreckage of their evil vehicle.

But regardless, the number of true portrayals of death and loss were super-fucking-huge, and were single events that were the cornerstone of the story -- i.e. Optimus's death in the Transformers movie.

I know the modern Game of Thrones audience expects someone new to die every episode, but this is stupid even in primetime, dramatic TV series. A fucking episodic, 22 minute kids' cartoon? Nah.

>>25972523
>The Lion King has character death and we herald it as a classic.

Because the Lion King was pretty much wholly based around Mufasa's death, and it played an integral role in Simba's character development. It was a AAA production, was never intended to spawn a bunch of made-for-TV VHS sequels, and didn't have a 22 minute time slot wherein someone's death is trivialized by nature and then forgotten by the next episode.

This isn't an arcing, narrative-driven show, it's a slice of life show with occasional 'deeper' arcs.

Also, challenge m80 -- please give me an example of a syndicated 80s or 90s cartoon that had a character death, other than Transformers (again, relegated to Hasbro's pretty much last hurrah for G1 Transformers).
>>
>>25972556
>The fandom's dead meme

Alright. When they close this board you can say that. Its obviously not dead. You can stop being an edgelord now anon. Its getting old
>>
>>25972578
> the number of true portrayals of death and loss were super-fucking-huge

Worded that wrong, meant something along the lines of

>the number of true portrayals of death and loss were tiny, but the events were super-fucking-huge
>>
>>25972577
>Implying i was arguing.
>Literally admitting you don't go outside because its too scary and dark

Jesus fucking christ anon. Next time, I won't say anything. Its obvious you're a fucking nut.

I'm not "arguing". Dear god you're a fucking lunatic.
>>
>>25972605
You really need to watch the fucking news more often.
>>
File: QAKFpPF.gif (967KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
QAKFpPF.gif
967KB, 490x367px
>>25972580
>implying this containment board will ever be closed
>replying to such easy bait
>>
>>25972627
>Be in the Navy
>Stand guard on the gates and on my ship for hours on end
>Could get fucking ALLAHU AKHBARed any second, or a crazy with a rifle could pop me in the head, or any number of stupid shit that I would have no defense against despite having like 40 pounds of guns, ammo, and some frankly-useless armor
>Less afraid of 'the world' then you appear to be

I guess I've just accepted my lot in life as potentially being one of those NPCs that the hero snipes from a mile away and never has a chance to retaliate or fight back, but I really don't give two shits about spree shooters and domestics and all that horseshit. I won't say some tryhard DURR I'M NOT AFRAID TO DIE shit, I'm actually terrified of the concept, but I'm far less likely to be in danger in my daily non-professional life.
>>
File: 1301937631581.png (718KB, 534x650px) Image search: [Google]
1301937631581.png
718KB, 534x650px
>>25972702
I am not afraid to die actually.
I am afraid that every second, every minute my life could turn into a living hell, like ending paralityc, blind,etc.
>>
>>25972702
>potentially being one of those NPCs that the hero snipes from a mile away and never has a chance to retaliate or fight back
Just for that, I'm going to spare the next hapless NPC I come across and kill everyone inside instead
>>
>>25972568
Autism plays no part in that.
Like, at all.
It's a fairly common thing as a show fan base gets older and/or has a large adult following.
>>
Personally I would be fine with an episode like Granny Smith passing. It is something real and pretty feelsy but I'm also aware that it is not a topic window that Hasbro wants to explore with the target demographic. It has story potential but isn't something I would actually expect.
>>
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCKIN' ON HEAVENS DOOOWHOAA
HEY, HEY, HEY HEY HEY
>>
I've thought about it. Still edge.
>>
File: Tank_flying_around_S2E7.png (144KB, 450x519px) Image search: [Google]
Tank_flying_around_S2E7.png
144KB, 450x519px
I think the closest they ever got to dealing with the topic was an episode where RD's pet turtle had to hibernate, and she literally went through the whole DABDA process - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.
>>
>>25972104
Hey, I know who you are!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IafrCK4G6U8
>>
File: 1412398205425.png (158KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1412398205425.png
158KB, 625x626px
>>25972578
And the baiter ran away, to bait again another day.

I blame Dio.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.