[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fimfiction thread: 2016 edition. Now with 40% more tropes!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 13

File: 1441481086022.jpg (95KB, 590x767px) Image search: [Google]
1441481086022.jpg
95KB, 590x767px
ITT: MLP:FiM fanfictions, on-topic discussions, off-topic discussions, story recommendations, writing, TF2, Encyclopaedia Equestria, Markov's chain, spelling, biology fetish, clop is the best kind of literature, long fics, Mein Apple Kampf, oy veyy happy hannukah, Santa Hooves, Nyx's son plays War Thunder, Voiceguy reads bleedin's stories, Stallion haleikum Celestia akkbar, APCs, Borderlands crossover, redundancy, music, fun, we count from 10 to 1, happy new year, muh troops, tags and shitposting.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his herd of underage waifus' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners):
http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png (embed)

List of nominees by category:
http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a somewhat average writing prompt?:
http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

>how do I write fanfiction?
http://eznguide.neocities.org/

>Riffs & Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

>Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Tropes in Equestria

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25848130

Futaloo get before all of you.
>>
>>25970763
faggot

>>25970761
>>
>>25970769
shit op desu

>>25970769
>>
>>25970763
shit op desu

>>25970769
>>
This one's much better t b h
>>
>>25970793
>>25970797

shit double post desu
>>
>>25969938
voiceguy1251 is my skype username

This goes out as an open invitation to all of you. If you have a request of your own or if you just wanna talk, I'm pretty much always on.

Also, look at this fucking awesome picture I found on a computer I had back in 2012
>>
>>25970856
>selling out to bleedin
>again
Posting your Skype on /b/ RIGHT NOW

Full reading of Persona EG when?
>>
>>25970856
Your client's making fun of you >>25970898
>>
>>25970917
thats real neato brotha.

I'm glad you thought such a stupid thing, too bad its wrong.
>>
>>25970923
thats real neato brotha.
>>
>>25970856
Voiceguy, you there?

I sent a friend request over skype.
>>
So.
Fanfiction.
>>
File: 1421440876808.png (120KB, 900x880px) Image search: [Google]
1421440876808.png
120KB, 900x880px
>>25970974
What's that?
>>
>>25971006
The stuff that relies entirely on luck to succeed in fimfiction.
>>
>>25971013
Why did you drop your trip again, bleedin?
>>
>>25971029
What does it take to succeed then?

I ain't bleedin.
>>
>>25971046
Knowing current trends, publishing at the most optimal time, when all the autists are on, advertising, slowly establishing a fanbase based on your past work, writing something interesting and putting at least a little bit of effort into it.

Luck is good, but it only gets you so far. If you really want to succeed that badly, you can substitute luck with knowledge of the community.

You can also go back in time to 2011 and publish your masterpiece then, you'll gain free cult following.
>>
>>25971098
okay, that gives more questions like...

What is the optimal time to post.

What is the current trend.

When are all the autists on.
>>
>>25971120
Why are you asking me? I'm not the one who cares about succeeding. I don't know the answer, I just know the hints. What you do with them is your business.

Do I sound cool yet?
>>
>>25971154
That depends. Are you wearing a leather jacket?
>>
>>25971167
No, I'm cuddled up in bed under a blanket and posting from my laptop at 1:30 AM because I have lost control of my life.

But I enjoy roleplaying as someone else when I'm posting on 4chan, so I can pretend I am.
>>
>>25971184
wat
>>
>>25971202
>he doesn't pretend to be stupid or autistic on 4chan when he's bored
It's basically the same thing.
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/308066/the-incredible-amazeballs-jinglemas-secret-santa-compilation

So, did anyone here write any of these? Did anyone get a fic back? Was the fic you wrote/got back any good?

Alternatively, grab a story from the collection, read it, report back.
>>
>>25971292
Okay, I chose "Dinky’s First Hearth’s Warming (for FanOfMostEverything)" just because I recognize the recipient from MythrilMoth's comment section circlejerk.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/308066/13/the-incredible-amazeballs-jinglemas-secret-santa-compilation/dinkys-first-hearths-warming-for-fanofmosteverything

Like the title says, it's all about Dinky's (who is, of course, Derpy's fanon daughter) first pony Christmas. It's as interesting as watching some stranger spend Christmas with their little kid.
Then Cherry Berry comes to invite them over to her place and join Berry Punch, Golden Harvest and their kids. It gets slightly more interesting then, but you're still basically reading about strangers spending Christmas together. It's a nice little story if you're into one-shot SoL fics, but it's not for me.
The writing's fine, though sometimes it felt a little lifeless, and could have been a bit more descriptive.
Apart from that, there are some weird things like the narrator calling her Derpy, but her family and friends calling her Ditzy, as well as this part, suggesting that Derpy is WAY older than the M6:
>Finally, she brought the new Hearth's Warming dolls out. They were a little crude: she'd gotten them from a filly named Rarity who was bound and determined to be a seamstress one day.

tl;dr it's okay
>>
>>25971292

I took a look at "The Holiday at the End of the World (for Aragon)"

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/308066/8/the-incredible-amazeballs-jinglemas-secret-santa-compilation/the-holiday-at-the-end-of-the-world-for-aragon

I picked it because I was expecting a Hitchhiker's Guide parody. Instead, I got a pile of wangst.

I guess that's too harsh. There's a reason why Equestria's gone to hell that feels kind of clever to me, and eventually gets revealed, but the story basically boils down to a bunch of purple narration at the start, and two characters stoically reflecting the rest of the way. I think this would've been better if it was longer, so we could get explanations for things like why the mane six are split up, and only get together once a year, instead of working together or at least staying in closer contact, but honestly, the fact that I was expecting something completely different from the title is probably the biggest reason I didn't enjoy it.

tl;dr if I was gonna compare this to a Douglas Adams book, I'd have gone with Mostly Harmless
>>
>>25971800
I actually really, really like it. I think the writing's pretty good, and I like the melancholic feel it has, both optimistic and pessimistic at the same time.

> I think this would've been better if it was longer, so we could get explanations for things like why the mane six are split up, and only get together once a year, instead of working together or at least staying in closer contact
But it's very easy to understand why, it's right there in the story. Each of the Mane Six has a separate "district" they're overseeing, probably thanks to their fame as the former Bearers of the Elements of Harmony. They probably have a lot of work to do as the de facto rulers of their areas, which along with magic being unreliable and the conditions preventing pegasi from flying and likely making it harder to travel, makes communication really slow. Pinkie even confirms that herself when she tells Rainbow about Twilight's invention:
>Well, I know your section’s too far out, but news got to me a couple months ago

But the sad part of this fic is how the authors implied their friendship fell apart. Only Pinkie, the Element of Laughter and the most optimistic one, and Rainbow, the Element of Loyalty and the one who would never abandon her friends show up. They mention the others are always late at the beginning and the end of the story, and in the middle they say
>"When the others get here, they can explain it themselves."
>“I’m sure they can. When they get here, that is.”
>“When they get here,” Rainbow echoed.

It means that even though they may be able to save the land again, it may be the last time they manage that.

Is there any way to find the author?
>>
>>25971292

Replaced (for Derpator)

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/308066/9/the-incredible-amazeballs-jinglemas-secret-santa-compilation/replaced-for-derpator

This is the kind of story I expect from a holiday theme. It's a friendship problem being solved with words and empathy, everyone living happily ever after, simple slice-of-life. It's pretty blunt, straightforward, and the dialogue is expository, but if you don't mind that, it's an awfully warm, cozy fic.

tl;dr it's comfy/10
>>
Dead supporting protagonist guy here. I put a new chapter out today, and from what I can gather, the death didn't seem to stop peoples' enjoyment of the fic, and they've probably caught on by now that he wasn't the main character.

So, yeah, lesson learned. Decoy protagonists work even if they're not exclusive to a prologue, and I shouldn't stress too much about audience reactions I didn't predict with 100% certainty.
>>
>>25972539
Post the fucking link you scrublord
>>
>>25972815
I've linked the fic in /fft/ before. It's at 38k words so far, so I'd like to know if you really are that interested in what's happening before doing it a second time (I don't want to be a self-advertising jerk).
>>
>>25972539
>>25972815
Never mind, I found it
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/299351/the-desert-phoenix
>>
>>25972885
>I don't want to be a self-advertising jerk
Why don't you want to be like the rest of us?
>>
>>25972906
Because having /fft/ think it worthy of linking without my intervention is my life's dream.

>>25972901
Wh-... wha-... Are you a wizard.
>>
>>25972950
Fimfiction has good search.
>word count: 30000 - 40000 (based on the 32k you said in the previous thread, plus some extra for another chapter)
>status: incomplete
>published: this year
>sort by: recently updated
Then I scrolled down looking for one with exactly 9 chapters. It was #5 or so on the first page.
>>
File: suffer not the heretic to live.jpg (680KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
suffer not the heretic to live.jpg
680KB, 2048x1152px
>>25972950
Magic of deductive logic and recent updates feed, I guess. I only ask that you don't set your flamethrowers to maximum overdrive.
>>
>>25973019
I published it back in November though...

Well, at least there's a chance my regular reader base will grow a bit. It's downright microscopic as is.
>>
>>25972901
>>25972950
Oh hey, it's that one story that I called kinda stupid the other day, but now that I started defending your idea of a decoy protag, I have to read it so I can shit on you again.

For now I'll just say that using the word 'comfy' in what's supposed to be a serious description of a serious fic is stupid and you're stupid.

>>25973053
Doesn't "this year" mean "last 365 days" to the search engine?
>>
>>25973101
IIRC you said that the description made it sound stupid. You had a point, so I changed it. Is it better that it was?
>>
And yes, it's meant to be serious, but not completely stone-cold serious. That just isn't feasible when your subject matter is cartoon horses.
>>
>>25973127
>>25973159
It's good, but I'd change 'comfy' to 'comfortable' and do something about 'Wasteland' appearing twice in the last two sentences.
Also, while it's good that you added cover art, this one's a bit silly.

Why don't you go join the rest of the human trash across the river?
>>
>>25973272
I just applied your advice. I think "comfy" would be better for sentence fluency, but I've already demonstrated a slight ineptitude in fic descriptions, so I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>25971292

An Apple Homestead for the Holidays (for Pen Stroke)

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/308066/14/the-incredible-amazeballs-jinglemas-secret-santa-compilation/an-apple-homestead-for-the-holidays-for-pen-stroke

Like with the fic >>25971590 read, this is pure one-shot SoL. It's got a pretty bad Zecora-even though her lines all rhyme, the syllable count is all over the place:

>”Just because you have your cutie mark does not mean your education should end. Come visit soon, that we may mix, stir, and blend.”

If that doesn't bother you, though, this is pretty much a peek through the window as she hangs out with the Apples on pony Christmas.

tldr it's fine for what it is but nothing special
>>
>>25974038
>>25972457
>>25972003
>>25971800
>>25971590

Holy crap, this thread is actually reviewing shit? I like it!
>>
>>25970763
I'm trying to find a story. It was about a unicorn student of Celestia post Twilight. His goal was to marry Celestia. Luna did some shit and there was a runway filly in the everfree called princess buttercup or something and he ended up banging pumpkin cake instead of celestia.
>>
>>25974652
Also if anyone can recommend stories with Blueblood not being a fuckwit that would be great.
>>
>>25974685
Have you made any friends today/lovers today.
Granted he has literal aspergers
>>
>>25974712
Read that. Thanks though.
>>25974652
Also pumpkin cake has a bunch of piercings.
>>
Can someone tell me, other than autism, why I get autistically mad whenever I even remember this story where luna throws the earth into the sun because she tricked some dumbass human to rape a mare?
>>
>>25974792
I vaguely remember that. It maddens me. And now I remember it again. Eat a dick.
>>
>>25974822
You're welcome farn, now atleast I'm not the only one suffering
>>
>>25974792
>>25974822
Now I'm curious. Can I have a link?
>>
>>25974990
Its "Rape is bad and you should feel bad" by Bad dragon
>>
Hey, is there a reliable way to find a deleted story from the site? the story was deleted like a year or so ago
>>
>>25974685
I enjoyed The Blueblood Chronicles, and found his characterization in it to be entertaining.
>>
>>25972539
>didn't seem to stop peoples' enjoyment of the fic
I have noticed that sperglords can enjoy anything regardless of the content.

see also: persona eg, the chase, and the displacedverse

>>25974685
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/155687/a-royal-pain
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/115683/stallions-of-harmony-longest-night
I had a list of bluebro fics, but cant seem to find it
>>
>>25975360
B-but muh fragile ego!

In all seriousness though, I'm working with a tiny sample size, so I really have no way of knowing how well it appeals to anyone but them. In fact, only one person has ever actually commented. I'd actually welcome some more opinions on how it's going so far, at least as long as the flames are kept to an appropriate minimum for the sake of objectivity and my ego.
>>
>>25971046
Writing what's popular.
>SoL/Comedy oneshots
>mainstream fetish clopfics
>"Flavor of the Month" (TCB, five score, displaced, etc.)
>fics based on recent episodes
>doing something new with an established genre (x is a changeling, evil!Twilight, etc.)
>doing something entirely new

>>25971098
>publishing at the most optimal time
Honestly, I think this is pretty impossible given the fact fics have to be manually approved. I've had it take as long as a day and as short as an hour.

>>25971120
>optimal time
I'd guess between 6PM EST and 6AM. Daytime would probably be bad due to school and work.

>current trend
At present, it appears Fimfic's in transition. Displaced was the most recent "flavor of the month" but it's faded from popularity. We're a fair ways into the haitus, so the peak of the "what's happening in the different AUs" fics that sprouted up after the finale appear to have passed.

Clopfics, comedies, and SoL never go out of favor. They're the blue chips of the Featured Box.

>>25972901
Oh hey, I remember looking at that fic a while back and passing on it because of the grimdarky plot.

I also swear I remember a debate over whether the Wasteland was in Equestria or not either in the comments or here.

>>25974652
(http://www.fimfiction.net/story/288684/the-education-of-zenith-zephyr)

The "Pumpkin Cake had piercings" is what allowed me to find it.

>>25974792
Damn it. You reminded me of the "Twilight's a lesbo and Ponyville calls her a dyke so she goes into a homicidal rage and skins Pinkie alive before being banished to the moon" fic that gets me mad when I think about it.

No, I don't have a link.
>>
Hmm.

I have an idea for a story, but I'm not sure how to write it without having someone act wildly out of character.
>>
>>25975757
just make everyone act out of character.
it works for the pweterpooper and one person being out of character would bee to noticeable
>>
>>25975728
Thanks
>>
>>25975769
Well my idea is to somehow adapt the Book of Job into a pony story. Celestia is super proud of somebody, probably one of the Mane 6, and is convinced they're the best pony in Equestria. Some other being then counters that they're only virtuous because of all the prosperity they have, and without their stuff they'd be vicious and hard-hearted. Celestia agrees and allows the pony to be put to the test.

The trouble is that somebody's going to have to be Satan in this story. My initial thought was Luna, but again, that's out of character.

I guess I could have it be Discord. That might work.
>>
>>25975801
Either write everyone OOC or use background ponies.

Or you can just refrain from bastardizing Christian holy books and do something more appropriate, like Saint Peter in Equestria or something.
>>
>>25975838
I have a soft spot for Job, actually. It's got an interesting message that I feel is very clarifying for religious belief.

But you're right, maybe it doesn't make the best fanfic.
>>
>>25975866
All you're going to do by trying to filter any already existing story through ponies is make it worse.

But how about, instead of just ponying up Job, you make a whole new story that has the same general message? It would take more creativity, but if you're going to be a writer in any capacity, you're going to have to learn how to be creative.
>>
>>25975938
yeah just ponifying existing shit is not a great idea

but a pony fic inspired by existing shit that is likely to have some parallels but ultimately is its own thing is a slightly better idea
>>
>>25972901
Oh hey, I've talked shit about this story before.

>gore, dark, uninteresting plot
Yeah, still shit.
>>
File: Good OC.png (6KB, 486x87px) Image search: [Google]
Good OC.png
6KB, 486x87px
There's a reason why we barely lurk elsewhere on /mlp/.
>>
bemp
>>
>>25975866

Would the dragon Angalacon (sp?) work? He seemed like he wouldn't mind inflicting suffering for his own amusement, and is powerful enough to ruin someone's life.
>>
>>25971184
I hope you slept well and got control of your life.
That's all.
>>
>In a world

>DUN NUH!

>Were Princess Celestia is a cyborg mare goddess who is at war with Tirek, Nightmare Moon and the Carebears.

>DUN NUH

>Only one pony, can save the day...

>DUN NUH

>DONUT STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL.

>DUN NUH

>ASTA LA PASTA BABY.

>DUN NUH

>MY CYBORG ENHANCEMENTS WILL CERTAINLY.... !!!!!!! SAVE THE DAY!!!

>DUN NUH

>OH MY CELESTIA, DONUT STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL. YOU ARE SO HOT AND AMAZING.

>DUN NUH.

>PASTALAVISTA BBY.
>>
>>25974102
I'm always available if you want me to shit on a one-shot SoL fic.

tl;dr they're all shit
>>
>>25974685
The Best Night Ever and TBNE arc in Sweetie Belle Chronicles
>>
>>25975491
Oh alright, I'll save your fic to Pocket and let you know why it's absolute trash, hold on.
>>
>>25978939
Seconding this, The Best Night Ever holds a special place in my heart.
And not just because it's one of the first fics I read.
>>
>>25978929
>tl;dr they're all shit

Please review this: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/41313/objectively-a-great-fic-you-faggot
>>
>>25978248
There's a LOT of reasons why this is the only /mlp/ thread I've been to since 2012.
>>
>>25978841
I woke up at 5PM and stayed in bed for 20 minutes thinking about actually getting up.
Thanks, though.
>>
>>25978875
I think everyone's seen that video.
>>
File: 1351434336843.jpg (51KB, 960x892px) Image search: [Google]
1351434336843.jpg
51KB, 960x892px
>As promised, the hardcover, paper edition of Through the Well of Pirene is now available for ordering!
http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/583132/through-the-well-of-pirene-hardcover-information-and-pricing

FUCKING SELLOUT
>>
>>25979026
Cmon now you're just jelly.
It's a good fic and if the author can make some shekels from good writing, there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not like selling a book makes you literally worse than blackgryphon.
>>
>>25979026
>FUCKING SELLOUT
quick- without looking list something else that guy has done.

times up.

pirene is probably the only thing in his life that could be equated to successful, so I cent blame him for trying to cash in.

pen stroke, chengar quordath, and even kickass222urmom plus others have self published their shit.

and I'd be amazed if they broke even on the deal

so dont be jelly, just sit back and laugh at the maximum autism of fanfiction writers attempting to cash in.

and remember- in order to be a sell out, someone else has to actually be buying your shit
>>
>>25979082
>quick- without looking list something else that guy has done.
Sequel to Pirene.

>cent blame him
>cent
Really dude?

>and I'd be amazed if they broke even on the deal
I'm amazed you don't know how it works. They gauge interest and, usually, they use a pre-ordering system to ensure people won't back out of the deal, then print as many books as they'll need, not only breaking even, but most likely also profiting from it.

I unironically want to buy the three-part hardcover copies of Fallout: Equestria even though I'm not too big of a fan but muh nostalgia
Too bad it's so fucking expensive
>>
>>25979120
>Fallout: Equestria
What's so good about it? I played Fallout 3, but the fic just looks like a massive cringefest desu
>>
>>25979139
Like I said, I'm not really a fan. It's a decent fic and I liked being a part of the community for a while, but it's not something I'd really recommend to someone unless they were looking for something exactly like it.
Its appeal is mixing the Fallout universe, ponifying them, and successfully justifying their presence in the pony world, changing electronic devices and futuristic weapons to different things that work on magic and enchanted gems. It also takes the post-post-apocalyptic feeling of Fallout and adds the values of FiM into it - in the end, friendship saves the day.
It's just interesting to some people, although, like everything else, it's not for everyone.
>>
>>25979120
>Sequel to Pirene.
wow. youre 2clever4me. i am bested by your magnificence

>I unironically want to buy the three-part hardcover copies of Fallout: Equestria
i take that back. go kill yourself, you shit eating autist

if you really want to murder trees over fanfiction, why not just copy whatever shitfic you touch yourself to, save it to a thumbdrive and run off to kinkos? or on the off chance that youre a productive member of society, waste your companys ink and print it there

wanting to pay for fanfiction. what a homo
>>
>>25979179
Don't worry, bleedin, I don't actually want to pay more than five bucks for it, so it'll never happen.
>>
>>25979179
>You will never know the feeling of having a My Little Pony fanfiction hardcover proudly standing on your bookcase
>You will never possess a copy of the Daring Do Books™
>You will never reach maximum autism
>>
>>25979194
>You will never know the feeling of having a My Little Pony fanfiction hardcover proudly standing on your bookcase
I am well acquainted with the feeling of shame. i dont need merchandise to aid me in that.
>>
>>25979216
>he still feels shame
Get a load of this beta faggot.
>>
File: 1353689830605.jpg (79KB, 640x777px) Image search: [Google]
1353689830605.jpg
79KB, 640x777px
>>25978996
It's not purely SoL and probably focuses on romance, which I actually love, but fine.
The very beginning is a joke so old ancient Mayans were considering putting it on their calendar, but decided it wasn't even funny anymore.

The "book part" is too long, and the first chapter could be conveyed by cutting it entirely and slightly reworking the author's note. What kind of a retarded pony would need to read a book to know what hooves, horns and wings do? Not to mention it barely has anything to do with the actual subject matter, so it shouldn't be a separate chapter.
Also, I think the fragments of the book are a bit too long at first.

>It turned out to be the machine she had once attached to Pinkie in an attempt to figure out those twitches and combos.
Yes, I'm sure attaching it to Pinkie is the only purpose of this nameless machine that Twilight has bought specifically to figure out her weird quirk.

>Rainbow, for her part, wasn’t sure just how to feel. On one hoof, she was with her marefriend, who was nuzzling her.
I hate how RD and AJ are just randomly a couple for no real reason.

I don't really get the ending though, what did Luna do? Why did Celestia feel like she has to teach Twilight about dating? I know the latter is supposed to be a joke, but it makes no sense.

Other than that, I liked it. The plot's solid and keeps you interested, and it's a really nice romance story, despite being so short.

tl;dr pretty good
>>
>>25979526
Fair enough, anon. Fair enough.
>>
I've had an idea about the whole Encyclopedia Equestria thing some anon brought up last thread.

What if we wrote several short stories, each based on an article you would find in such encyclopedia and co-published them?
>>
>>25974685
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/95425/no-quixote-here
This is a great short story about Blueblood trying to improve his image and himself.
It got a few laughs out of me.
>>
>>25979709
I'd love to do something like that.
For a while now I've been ruminationg the idea of making a historical textbook about Equestria.
>>
>>25978964
Talking of TBNE, can anyone recommend any other good (or at least readable) time loop fics?

I've read The Best Night Ever ( http://www.fimfiction.net/story/18087/the-best-night-ever )

Hard Reset ( http://www.fimfiction.net/story/67362/hard-reset )

Hard Reset 2 ( http://www.fimfiction.net/story/145711/hard-reset-2-reset-harder )
>>
>>25980532
There aren't that many noteworthy time loop fics, sadly.

This one http://www.fimfiction.net/story/227246/a-little-loopy is okay. I was expecting complete shit, but it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>25979709
Encyclopedia Equestria eh?

How about this. Twilight finds out that Luna and Celestia are going to die. Perhaps they are just at the end of their (very long) natural lifetimes or perhaps Twilight and Co taking up the Elements of Harmony broke the Princesses connection to those artefacts and renders them mortal.

Desperate to help Equestria survive the coming crisis, Twilight creates Magical!Psychohistory. Using this, she proves that the death of the Princesses will lead to a massive period of unrest, however this can be shorted by her creating a secret Foundation and an even more secret Second Foundation.
>>
>>25980532
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/98568/mlp-time-loops
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/227933/314-pm

loop groups- maybe something passable in there:
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/198605/timeloop-stories
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/206873/time-loops
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/205976/uniques-crazy-loop-group
>>
>>25980532

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/32384/five-should-be-enough

Five Should Be Enough: It's not a loop so much as a "go back and try again multiple times" story, but it's still nicely tragic.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/269107/the-only-day

The Only Day: The twist here is that the story is being told from the perspective of a character who's part of the loop, not the one who's actually looping. I thought that was kind of clever.
>>
>>25980682
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/98568/mlp-time-loops
Do you want cancer? Because that's how you get cancer.
>>
>>25980670
Foundation in Equestria?

sounds interesting desu t b h
>>
>>25980714
These sound interesting.
>>
>>25980722
I've never touched it, but its been on my read later since forever

With all of the crossovers and shit I realize that its bound to be terrible, but he asked for time loop fics. and despite whatever else it may be, it is a time loop fic
>>
>>25980714
Finished The Only Day because it was short.

The writing was kinda stiff, but it didn't bother me much after a while. It's mostly short descriptions and dialogue, though I guess it fits Applejack.
The idea is pretty interesting and original. I've never heard of a time loop story written from an outside perspective, and I enjoyed it because of that.
I'm not too keen on the idea of the looper aging, but that's just my opinion. The one thing I didn't like about the story is the ending. It just felt really rushed, and not nearly as touching as the author clearly wanted it to be.

tl;dr interesting read
>>
File: ded poets ded thred.jpg (81KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
ded poets ded thred.jpg
81KB, 400x593px
It's a movie about a bunch of fags going hiding in a cave to enjoy literature.

Anons, I've found the origin of our general.
>>
>>25981408
No, that's the origin of /lit/.
We're descendants of the Literary Loser Lodge, those kids sitting up on their shitty old treehouse, laughing at shit other kids wrote for their English assignments.
>>
>>25979709
Just actually organize this in a decent manner, and I'll be likely to contribute.

>>25981408
>tfw you always wanted to be in something like that, just jamming out and being creative in a free little community
>tfw no one i knew growing up shared my interest in this shit
Such is life in rural fucking nowhere.

>>25981447
You forgot the part where all the member of the LLL are themselves mediocre at best in English.
>>
>>25981758
The LLL were actually all immigrants.
Kurwa.
>>
>>25981792
Go clean some toilets.
>>
>>25981836
Twoja matka pedale.
>>
>>25982736
All bump posts should be fic reviews and any posts containing just the word 'bump' should be autobanned.
>>
>>25982785
>any posts containing just the word 'bump' should be autobanned
This needs to be a board-wide rule desu
Make bumping without content a bannable offense, and we'll instantly be rid of all those shitty threads full of
>waiting for writefag
>where did writefag go
>writefag plz come back :'(
>writefag i'll suck your dick if you write another paragraph of green for this random story nobody gives a shit about
>>
>>25983192
I was just kidding. If you actually subject yourself to greentext threads, you're a masochist.
>>
>>25982785
>>25983192
This will be a review of

A horse story .

This horse story is about horses doing horse things. Did I read this story? No, be cause it doesn't exist. but, I'm going to review it. The fix overall is shit. Just like a lot of horse words, and I'm going to rate it even though most horse words are absolute shit. Bringing the point that making reviews for stories is basically worthless. Because it's the same old bullshit with a different coat of paint.

Also,

Bump.
>>
>>25983259
Also,

Bait.
>>
>>25983273
Penis.

Flappy Flappy doo, a niggers cock in you.

Woops, I Meant.

Bump.
>>
>>25982785
The autism is intense in this one.
>>
>>25983227
>>25983295
>>
>>25983554

My review of Bump, by Anon:

Spelling 9/10: Everything spelled right, but I'm knocking off a point for degree of difficulty. Seriously, I don't think there are any words here above a second-grade level.

Grammar: 2/10: There are no nouns in this story. None. How do you write a story with no nouns? What the fuck, Anon?

Punctuation 0/10: There is no punctuation in this story. Come on guy, you can't even be assed to put a period on there?

Plot 10/10: Uppercase B's look like pony butts.

Characterization 5/10: Anon's faggotry comes through clearly in this story, and I get a real feel for why he's being a faggot (to keep the thread alive). However, he never once mentions his waifu, which seems horribly out of character for such a raging sperg. Plenty of homo, but not enough spaghetti for me to really buy it.

Overall 26/50: it's shit, would cum again.
>>
I don't like this epic new meme.
>>
>>25983668
My review of "I'm a huge faggot please rape my face" by Anonymous:

Plot: 3/10, very contrived plot over a one word misunderstanding

Faggotry: 10/10, the advanced gayness sprinkled through Anonymous's post evokes visions of niggers tonguing my anus while catching AIDS through ball contact.

Overall: 3666/5640, because why would the overall score be /10
>>
So reviews...

The Adventures of Batsy Fluffentuft the Magnificent
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/296863/the-adventures-of-batsy-fluffentuft-the-magnificent

This is silly random feature box bait fluff... But it is fairly funny silly random feature box bait fluff.

It is about a misbehaving bat pony guard who sneaks out of bed during the day and has wacky adventures.

On the plus side...
Plays up the wacky humor fairly well.
Made me giggle
OC has a distinctive voice
Spelling and grammar seemed

On the down side...
Only one chapter and currently incomplete
Everyone behaves like they are about five years old (Lunar threatens to withhold treats if her guards misbehave and so...)
First person, present tense but not the worst example of present tense I've seen
>>
>>25970856
Classic 2012 Pony edge
>>
>>25984042
Did somebody say 2012 pony edge?
>>
>>25983912
>Spelling and grammar seemed
SEEMED WHAT
>>
>>25984164
Spelling and grammar seemed okay. A little cute in places but not bad.
>>
File: 1451864687468.jpg (86KB, 424x560px) Image search: [Google]
1451864687468.jpg
86KB, 424x560px
>>25984150
WTF is that spike?
>>
>>25984257
He's supposed to be older, and it was drawn back when we've only seen one type of a dragon. The author was going for something between Spike's and an adult dragon's form.

Also, that picture really wasn't worth the 3 minutes you spent making it.
>>
File: 2016-01-04_01-04-57.png (60KB, 1282x273px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_01-04-57.png
60KB, 1282x273px
>"Rainbow," she says in a resigned voice, "I'm telling you, you'd fly west, not east!"
>Rainbow Dash flies east.

B R A V O M Y T H R I L
>>
>>25984471
Seems like he's incapable of pulling off a tactful reference. It's like he's screaming "LOOK AT THIS THING I MENTIONED! REMEMBER THAT THING? THAT'S FUNNY!".
Great.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.