[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYOA - Just Another Day Ch. 24

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 633
Thread images: 13

File: JaD11.png (1MB, 1001x1210px) Image search: [Google]
JaD11.png
1MB, 1001x1210px
>Ponyville seems to be a hotbed of excitement these days. Between the dragons roosting in the mountains, horrid monsters wandering out from the Everfree Forest, ancient ruins discovered deep in the earth, and the ever-presenting of all-out war between the Equestrians and the Gryphons, it seems like everypony looking for fame or fortune is flocking to this town.
>It is an age of knights, adventurers, dark magics, and destined heroes.
>You are none of these things.
>Your name is Pot Luck, and you just want to run your inn and tavern, the Sword and Board.
>You've taken out Ember for a little walk around Ponyville, showing her the gardens at the meadery and the butchers shop. It's helped give you a little bit more perspective on the always-smouldering vixen of your kitchen, but she's still something of a mystery to you.
>You picked up Wispy's cape from the tailor and a lute that you've given to Airy. Both gifts went over great with your friends.
>Today, you've got plans to visit the mines with Rough Diamond and, with any luck, Tex. Might make for an interesting day's out or just wind up wasting time that could've been spent making bits.

Archives: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/anotherday

Characters: http://pastebin.com/RVB0Hjqp

Inn floorplan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fouKOvZLar5QZ4zOwmvnXA1hcPZ5UIBXNuy8RN0oFME/edit?usp=sharing

List of Supplies and Upgrades: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V--UewucWq-klJcnPumQzFhbhvzOHngW6zQM9e-NXfE/edit?usp=sharing

Finances: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YTLZkq_pXLE_QWo5srNBJThwC7dr25PBJcjbCHX8_4/edit?usp=sharing

Special thanks as always to our artist.

>You spend the rest of the early morning getting ready for your trip to the mines. You don't plan to spend the entire day there, so you don't need to pack excessively. Still, it's important to be prepared so you quickly draw up a list of things you'll want to make sure you have with you when you go.

What do you want to bring with you?
>>
>>25897543
Lunches for all 3 of us
>>
Ask if any of the spiders know their way around or would like to come
>>
>>25897543
Lunches, light source (lantern? Candles? And an ignition source), maybe some rope, our shield.

>>25897566
We'd be like the guy from Sorcerer's Son!
>>
>>25897614
We can always throw it in the faces of our enemies. Lets also take our element because it might attract other ones.
>>
>>25897543
This
>>25897629
We definitely need our element along.
>>
>>25897629
That's what Sorcerer's Son would do, he'd flick spiders on badguys like boogers and they'd cocoon them.
>>
>>25897614
As long as Ember and wispy have enough for the lunches
>>
>>25897543
we should pick up tex and walk august to satins
>>
>>25897736
Silly anon. We aren't strong enough to pick Tex up.
>>
>>25897565
>>25897614
>>25897643

>You'll definitely want food, and you figure since it's your specialty, you pack enough lunches for everypony. Your shield would serve you well, also, though you hope you don't run into anything in the mines that might warrant its use. You're not sure how useful the lanterns you use for your inn will be in a mine, but you decide to pack one with you anyways, along with some oil and a flint-lighter.
>Rope would be useful too, but you don't have any on you, at least not of the variety that you'd entrust to carry a pony's weight. The mine's outfitter will have some available, though, so you just make a note to pick some up when you get there.
>Lastly, you decide to bring your element along, too. You're not sure if it'll serve any purpose, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
"Okay girls, wish me luck!" you announce to Wispy and the others.
>As you step out into the streets, though, in your haste you wind up running smack into somepony else.
>You hear a high-pitched squeak upon impact, and you notice Cutie Swirl sprawled on the ground at your hooves.

Input action.
>>
File: Tex.png (4MB, 2771x2372px) Image search: [Google]
Tex.png
4MB, 2771x2372px
>>25897763
lol he can pick us up though
>>
>>25897822
> Pick him up and say sorry
>>
>>25897822
Apologise and help him up. If he's heading to the dairy farm, invite him along.
>>
>>25897822
Gather Cutie up in your arms, set him back upright, brush his mane back out of his face and make sure he's OK.

"I'm sorry, Cutie! What's up?"
>>
>>25897852
I wonder if he wants to go mining with the big boys
>>
>>25897840
>Kiss the boo-boo to make it feel better
>>
>>25897855

"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry Cutie!" you profess your deepest apologies as you offer a hoof to the fallen pegasus.
>"N-no, it's my fault...I was in a hurry," he stammers back, taking your hoof and pulling himself up. You smile to reassure him that there's nothing for him to apologize about. You help dust him off, which makes the bashful pony quickly avert his gaze.
"So what are you doing out this way?"
>"W-well, I was...uh, I was wondering, cause I overheard the stuff from last night, that..umm, you and Tex and Diamond were, um..." he drifts into silence, tapping his hooves together nervously
"Cutie, are you asking if you want to come mining with us?" you ask with a playful smirk.
>Cutie Swirl blushes and nods in silence.
"Then I wanna hear you ask it," you whisper teasingly.
>"Poooot!" the pegasus whines. He pouts for a few moments, struggling to work up the courage. "I...I want to go out to the mines with you."
>It was barely audible, but you figure it counts.

Input response?
>>
>>25898160
Sure! Lets help qt baker become most badass of bakers. Grab him and lets rush off the dairy.
We've got a real adventuring party going.
>>
>>25898160
Grab a spider and another bit of lunch then hurry to Tex and August
>>
>>25898160
He wants to spend the day getting sweaty with 3 other guys in the dark?
Sure, who are we to deny him? Can he swing a pickaxe though?
>>
>>25898234
>>25898232
>>25898228
>>
>>25898160
GRAB MY FLANK AND WE GO
>>
>>25898295
ADVENTURE!
>>
>>25898228
>>25898234

"This isn't a picnic, cutie, this is a mining trip - it's going to be tough and sweaty work, tight confines, and dare I say even a little bit dangerous. It'll be long, hard, and hot...are you sure you're up to this?"
>Cutie Swirl swallows hard and then slowly nods. You're not sure if he's nervous or excited...maybe both. But he's willing, and you're not going to turn him down.
"Let's get going then!"
>You give Cutie a reassuring pat on the shoulder and the two of you continue on your way to the Longhorn Ranch.
>When you arrive, you already find Tex and August outside.
>"Are you sure about this? I mean, some of the south fence needs to get fixed up after last week's stampede scare."
>"I can take of it, Tex. You're not the only one who can nail some pieces of wood together."
>"W-well, what about the kitchen? You've always been bugging me to get that un-even table fixed."
>"It'll be there when you get back."
>Seems like August has her hooves full trying to convince Tex to stick to the plan.

Input action.
>>
>>25898415
"Not scared are you Tex? We are going on an interesting adventure with bonding, August is as capable as she is pretty, unless you disagree"
> When he agrees (Cause he has to)
"Then lets go"
>>
>>25898415
Ask him if he's claustrophobic.
>>
>>25898480
this but also give a little push to August to get a dress when we are gone as shes earned it.
>>
>>25898487
Isn't he afraid to leave the farm because of the cowman thing? He needs a confidence boost! Tell him we will be with him every step of the way and we will protect him if anything happens.
>>
>>25898480
+1 on complementing to get some rosy shades

>>25898533
she did say she would
>>
"Hey there, Tex. You're not thinking of getting cold hooves on us, are you?"
>The Longhorn siblings turn their attention to you for a brief moment. Tex just gets huffy but August giggles a bit.
>"My hooves are just fine," Tex insists. "There's just a lot of work that needs to be done around here, and I'd rather get those things done than waste my time scampering through a bunch of ratty old mines with a bunch of ponies. Um...no offense."
"None taken. But think of this as an opportunity to branch out and relax for a change."
>"I thought you said this was hard work," Cutie interjects.
"Have you seen the size of this guy's arms? He could probably punch a hole through bedrock without breaking a sweat."
>You turn back to Tex.
"Plus, this'll be a good opportunity for August to treat herself, too. Cause there's no way in Tartarus she'll go off to have a nice day getting prettied up by Satin Sash if you're still here toiling away. You know she's too nice to be selfish...so you gotta take time away if she's going to take time away."
>"I...I guess I hadn't thought of that," Tex says, scratching his head in embarrassment. "I'd hate to be the reason August doesn't get a vacation day."
>"Exactly. So you boys go have a good time," August says, giving her brother a shove (not that her tiny hooves can do much against such a weight difference).
>With some reluctance, Tex joins along with you and Cutie. The three of you then head off to the mines to meet with Diamond.
>The mines for Ponyville are a short distance outside of town in the hills to the northeast. You find Rough Diamond quite easily as the big blue stallion waves you down the second he spots your towering minotaur friend.
>"Heya Pot! Glad to see you finally made it! You ready to strike it rich?"

Outside the mines are the forepony's office, the outfitters, and a mess hall for the miners. Input action?
>>
>>25898739
I don't know what outfitters are but go get standard gear and rope for everyone.
>>
>>25898739
ask the d man for advise and follow his lead
>>
>>25898739
"Hey Diamond i don't know if you have met Tex before but here he is and QT is with us to help find the wealth in those ruins, so how do you want split the wealth, equal, finders first pick or finders keepers?"
>>
>>25898739
Get a map
>>
>>25898739
GRAB ON TO FLANK AND ADVENTURE!
>>
>>25898806
>>25898851

"I hope you don't mind if I brought some friends to join in on our little adventure - you've already met Cutie Swirl, and this is Tex Longhorn in case you haven't met."
>"Hey, the more the merrier, I always say. It'll be nice to have some new faces to hang out with. You can only hear the same coal joke a hundred times before it gets boring, plus I now I get to use all my old material on you folks."
>"This is going to be full of rock puns is it?" Tex remarks.
>"Oh, don't take them for granite - they can be a lot of fun when applied correctly," Diamond replies with a cheeky grin. "Anyways, first step should be to sign you folks in with the outfitter's."
>The outfitter's serves as the one-stop shop for picking up and off-loading. A dusty old mare sits behind a counter as you walk in.
>"Good morning, beautiful," Diamond greets the mare with a flashy grin and a playful wink. "Got some friends along who want to try their hoof at the ol' pick and axe."
>"Oh well that's just wonderful to hear," the mare replies. "Are they interested in the paid or pay for package?"
>When the three of you inexperienced miners raise a puzzled eyebrow, the mare goes on to explain.
>"The 'paid' package is that you'll earn fifty bits for each half-days work, and everything you find you bring here to hand in. The 'pay for' package is that you pay us 75 bits per half-day, but you get to keep anything that you dig up during your time below, which you can sell to us or keep for your own whims."

Which package will you take?
>>
>>25899042
The pay, keep our stuff
>>
>>25899042
The pay for package.
That way we get to keep anything important if we find it.
>>
>>25899077
>>25899071
>>
>>25899042
Ask if Tex/QT need us to pay for them
>>
>>25899042
Pay for, and hopefully we can cover our friends who weren't expecting to pay a fee either.
>>
>>25899160
>>25899104
Agreed worst case we take a bigger profit.
>>
>>25899174
>>25899077
>>25899071

>As much as you'd like to get paid for work, you think the potential rewards for taking the gamble makes the risk worth it. Besides, you are feeling quite lucky today.
"Well I'm up for the pay for package," you reply. "How about the rest of you?"
>Everybody's feeling pretty confident and lucky today, so you decide to all go for the 'pay for' package.
>You are each given the standard gear to borrow - a helmet with a mounted crystal light, a length of rope, a dozen pitons, a rock hammer, a whistle, a pickaxe, and a copy of the mine's current set-up. The helmet, hammer, and pickaxe need to be returned at the end of the day or you'll be charged ten bits for each missing item. The rest can be return, kept, or left in the mines.
>"You know, with the four of us working together, we might be able to get a good haul - how about we pool together everything we find, and split it evenly four-ways?" Diamond suggests.
"Sounds like a fair deal," you nod in agreement.
>Tex and Cutie Swirl agree to this prosposal as well.
>You check over the map to see how the mines laid out - there are three major mine shafts to choose from. Section A is a relatively shallow mine, but it's got good iron, copper, and mineral veins running through it. It's safe, but the overall payout is generally the weakest. Section B runs deeper, promising more valuable ores like silver and gold, but it's closer to Diamond Dog territory so it has greater risks involved. Section C goes the deepest and into uncharted territories, but it's littered with gold, diamonds, precious gems, and more. There's no telling what you'll find down there so be ready for anything.

Which mine do you want to venture into?
>>
>>25899213
Diamond's
>>
>>25899213
If section C is the Abandoned Ruins section, we go that way. (InB4 c-section jokes)

Consult Diamond about the ancient ruins, then follow his lead.
>>
>>25899239
If thats a C then lets go
>>
>>25899257
Yep this head to the ruins because we might just trip over treasure
>>
>>25899213
Section c
>>
>>25899213
Lets go single file into the deep dark cave and if d-man stop we all bump into each others privates.
>>
>>25899239
B-but the pickaxe can't even fit in there!
Not yet
>>
>>25899279
Good idea.space is tight, and its inefficient to mine for more space than you need
>>
>Go big or go home, you figure. If you're going to make this outing worth it's weight, you'll need to go to where the most treasure is.
"I like the looks of section C," you announce, jabbing at the map.
>"S-section C? But...that looks a bit dangerous," Cutie says as he points to the little skull motifs drawn all over it.
"Don't worry, we'll keep you safe," you reassure your nervous pegasus friend. "Plus, Diamond is an experienced miner, I'm an experienced danger-confronter, and Tex here is an experienced um....uhhh..."
>"Let's just get going," Tex suggests. "We ain't got all day."
>You all don your helmets, shoulder your picks, and file off towards Section C. A few of the other miners give you wary looks as you head off inside, perhaps worried about your prospects or maybe just curious because there's a minotaur with you.
>You enter the mines and follow Diamond's lead to the main elevator.
>"Now the important part is to stick together. You don't want to get lost down here because there's a lot of unmarked tunnels in the lower parts," Diamond explains as the elevator begins its descent. "We'll wander about, find some good prospecting sitse, and then get to work. If you see anything suspicious, don't hesitate to shout it out."
>You all switch on the crystal light on your helmets to provide some illumination as you descend. There's plenty more glowing crystals fitted along the walls to provide continual light. You notice some of the natural crystals in the rock wall provide a bit of extra light as well.
>The lift lurches to a halt and the four of you disembark. Diamond leads you through a series of tunnels until you start noticing the walls become more natural and less pony-dug.
>"Well, here's the start of those tunnels I mentioned to ya before," Diamond says. "I feel all excited now."

You see tunnels leading off ahead, to your left, and to your right. Ahead seems the most open. Right seems a bit crampt. Left you can hear the occasional skittering noise. Input action.
>>
>>25899448
First of all mark every place we go and make sure our friends know about it.
>>
>>25899448
Go left.
More danger means more loot, obviously.
Or maybe cute pupper.
>>
>>25899448
can we grab a bunch of those natural gems to put up in our inn?
>>
>>25899448
Hang our Element of Harmony out so we can easily see it if it begins to glow or something. Tex needs his space, so let's not go right. Skittering is bad too. let's go straight ahead, for now.
>>
>>25899477
Sure but lets creep up on it so we can see what it is.
>>
>>25899485
Sure but the big area kind of scares me
>>
>>25899448
"Diamond your the pro where should we begin our adventure?"

>>25899477
If its possible, we could put them on tables for a atmospheric glow.
>>
>>25899516
True enough, the larger the unsupported area is, the greater the danger of cave-in. But I imagine Diamond will be able to warn us if we're mining unsafely.

I second the gathering of random non-mine-infrastructure glowing crystals (And otherwise cool mineral formations) for inn-decorating purposes.
>>
we can always put some of the glow rocks on the ground to lead us back here if we get lost.
>>
>As usual, you decide to defer to the expertise of your experienced colleague.
"What do you think Diamond?"
>"Well the bigger areas are more likely to have been explored before by other miners who just haven't bothered to make anything down...but they are generally safer."
>You take some time to examine the tunnels that lay before you, then spend a few moments examining the walls themselves. The crystal specs embedded in the walls help provide some light, but upon closer examination, they are pretty small. Crystals are really only useful if larger and intact...a bunch of small ones don't do you much good.
>Besides, the four of you will only be able to carry so much ore with you, so you don't want to weigh yourself down with less valuable stuff...at least not until you're on the way out.
>"Let's head down the left path," Diamond eventually suggests.
>Diamond takes the lead again as the four of you head down the tunnel. You don't get very far before you hear Cutie belt out a sudden shriek.
>You look to the pegasus and see that he's jumped into the arms of an unamused minotaur.
>"Something brushed past my leg!" Cutie yelps.
>"That was my tail," Tex sighs.
>"O-oh...m-my mistake." Cutie chuckles nervously before being unceremoniously dropped to the floor.
>The tunnel opens up slightly to a larger cavern. A new path forks off to your left, though it looks about the same as the path ahead.
"So what's a good site look like?"
>"Well, it's...difficult to explain. A miner will look at the patterns of the walls, see if there's pre-existing tool marks...things like that. Like that section of wall over there looks...okay-ish for some mining. It's iffy, so it's up to you if you want to keep moving or try some digging."

Input action.
>>
>>25899608
Lets keep moving till he gets the D-man feel
>>
>>25899608
I don't wanna settle for "iffy". I say we let the large blue miner find a darn good spot before we settle in, I trust his instincts. After all he makes his living this way and finds giant silver nuggets. The interaction between Cutie and Tex is awesome BTW
>>
>>25899631
>>25899629
Agreed "Diamond lets continue I will only settle when your instincts say its a good place"
>>
>>25899608
to bad about those glowy gems
>>
>>25899649
We might dig up some king-size mondo glow-gems once we really start digging. This is an ancient tunnel system no doubt filled with awesomeness of all kinds!

Also, check our Element periodically for signs of doing anything as we progress.
>>
>>25899663
might as well and mark which way we are going
>>
>>25899673
I'm relying on Diamond to find the way out, though that may be a failure-prone plan.
>>
>>25899677
Got it! Make sure our eyes are on the flank the whole time so we don't get lost
>>
>>25899700
Remember to take in every detail. It could be important later on.
>>
>>25899710
Its the key to exploration after all
>>
"You're the expert here Diamond, I'll entrust you to lead us to our riches."
>"Well okay, no pressure or anything I guess," Diamond replies.
>"So what made you want to spend all your time down here?" Cutie asks as the four of you continue in your journey.
>"Well cutie marks aside, I just enjoy that sense of discovery. There's so much hidden down here, some of it having never been seen by pony eyes before. Plus there ain't nothing like the look on a pony's face when you show them a big honkin' gem you dug up that morning."
"You two doing okay?" you ask to check in on Cutie and Tex.
>"I...I'm good," Cutie replies.
>"Yeah. This place ain't so bad. Kinda nice actually," Tex adds. "Feels kinda homey."
>Suddenly, Diamond raises a hoof, bringing the convoy to a halt. He gestures for everypony to be silent - in the echoes of the caverns, you can hear something that sounds like a...gurgle. Diamond slowly leads you closer to the source. You peek around the next corner, and in the distance, you can see something that looks like a...blob slowly inching across the cavern.
>"Yes, a slime...and it's green," Diamond says in a hushed whisper.
"What does that mean?"
>"They like to snack on things like gemstones, so if there's a slime here, then there's gems to be had," he explains. "We just gotta get rid of it."
>"What, like kill it?" Cutie asks, nervously.
>"Nah...just gotta scare it off. Maybe give it a few kicks. They're mostly harmless."
"Mostly?"
>"Well they digest rocks, so take a guess."

Input action?
>>
>>25899732
What to do, maybe kindly ask it to leave?
>>
>>25899732
Follow it to it's feeding ground for the gems, then wallop the hell out of it to scare it away! Picks, kicks and hurled projectiles should do it, from the sound of it. Give it a right bloody good thrashing!
>>
>>25899750
Smart to follow it! But I say we try talking to eat and make a trade that if we do find some we will offer it a few in return.
>>
>>25899732
>>25899732
They must be acidic or something then. Maybe we can lure it away.
Is there anything else around? More slimes? Any GREAT GIGANTIC GEMSTONES?(conveniently located in the other direction)
>>
>>25899760
Sure, I'm open to diplomacy first. But a talking slime is something I'd put in the Very Rare category. Regardless, give it a shot.
>>
>>25899732
"I have an idea, lets follow it and then reason with it."
> Actions
"Mr slime, I mean you no harm but I would like to offer you a business proposal. I notice that you are unable to dig through walls and retrieve food that you enjoy, so lets make a deal, you know where the best sources are located and we have means to break through walls so you help us and we help you and we are all happy"
>>
>>25899789
This
>>
>>25899789
I was just going to shout about gems while pointing in the other direction, but this will be good too, if it works.
>>
>>25899825
>>25899822

worse case we scream like a girl
>>
>>25899789
>>25899747
>>25899760

"Tut tut, Diamond, there is no need for such violence," you assure your colleague. "I will try my hoof at the tried and true method of diplomacy - surely it'll leave us be if we offer to trade it some of the gemstones that we dig up."
>"I dunno if that's a great idea, Pot," Diamond says.
"We must always try first for peace," you state with confidence.
>You trot out towards the slime, confident in your plan.
"Greetings there, Mr. Slime," you start off, "My friend here has informed me that you are quite adept at sniffing out precious gemstones for your diet. We, too, seek these gems and we would be willing to share our bounty with you if you're willing to offer us your keen sense of gem-perception."
>You're not sure if the slime understands anything that you just said, though it doesn't seem to react to your presence at first. It has no face so you can't gauge its response, or if it's even looking at you.
"Um...Mr. Slime?"
>Then suddenly, the green blob entity throws itself at you, completely smothering and engulfing you before you even had a chance to let out a yelp. You now find yourself suspend in its green gelatinous body, upside-down to boot. You can sorta see your friends in a green-hazy distortion, no doubt all shocked by this.

Input action.
>>
>>25899836
"Well thats just rude, I was hoping we could come to a peaceful agreement"
>>
>>25899836
It's just trying to hug us!
Or trying to digest us. Start struggling if we feel burning
>>
>>25899845
Hahaha, this give it an inside hug back!
>>
>>25899836
Swim toward the nearest edge! Try to escape through the side!
>>
>>25899845
"I love you to my new friend but could you please put me down?"
>>
>>25899845
clearly the poor things hungry and its giving us a kiss as thanks for helping it out
>>
>As you seem to free-floating in the jelly, you slowly start paddling your way to the nearest edge. Eventually, you're able to push your muzzle free of the slime and breath in some of that sweet, stale tunnel air.
>"You okay there Pot?" Diamond asks.
"I'm good. It's all under control. He's just so overwhelmed with joy he's smothering me hugs."
>"Feel any tingling sensations?"
"I think so."
>To be honest, you do feel a sort of warmth, smothering tingle all over you. It actually feels kinda nice.
>"Well that's it trying to digest you."
"Digest me?! Oh you son of a bitch! After I tried to be nice to you and everything!"
>"Is...is he going to be okay?" Cutie asks.
>"Only if he decides to sit there for the next decade or two. Slimes don't exactly digest something so big very quickly," Diamond explains.
"Well could you get me out then?"
>"Leave it to me!" Tex says as he steps up to the slime. You see the minotaur clearly winding up to deliver a powerful bow.
>"Uh, I wouldn't suggest--"
>Sadly, Diamond's attempt to warn Tex isn't fast enough as the minotaur punches the slime, which accomplishes little as his fist just sinks straight into the gooey mass and he winds up punching you right in the gut.
"Ow...ie..."
>"Just pull him out," Diamond instructs.
>Tex follows the advice this time, grabbing you by the leg and pulling you out of the slime with one swift heave. You're dropped onto the ground, a slime-covered mess now. You gasp and wheeze for air, watching as Diamond starts shooing the slime away by batting at it with the broad side of his pickaxe.

Input action.
>>
>>25899928
Well we can cross slimes off the 'talk to' list.
Let's follow it's trail and see where it came from
>>
>>25899928
"well that was fun, perhaps you could make a slime bath as it wasn't a bad feeling. Well lead the way"
>>
>>25899956
agreed, if we can't just go wherever
>>
>>25899928
So back to adventure.
> Thank Tex
>>
>>25899981
>My hero!
>smooch
>>
>>25899928
Hm, think we could reach? He already punched us once, too... Ah well why the hell not.
>>25899990

"Thanks for the assist, Tex. You guys know me, I have to try reason before violence. But I think that time I went Full Retard with it. From now on, slimes are off my list of potential business partners."
>>
>>25899990
Did wack us in the stomach
>>
>>25900007
>You bastard!
>slap
>>
"Ughh...thanks Tex...gotta say, you pack a mean right straight," you groan still in a heap on the ground.
>Once you do manage to get back to your hooves, you give the minotaur an appreciative pat on the side. He gives you an apologetic grin in return.
"So what's the word, Diamond? How does this site look?" you ask, already noticing that Diamond is examining the nearby walls.
>He's tapping his chin in thought, but he's grinning as well.
>"I think this'll make for a good place to start. Why don't you all grab your picks, and we can start taking this wall apart. It looks softest about here, so that's where we'll focus our efforts."
>You all nod in agreement and grab your tools, each of you excited about the idea of what treasures might away for you below.
"You sure you'll be okay with that pick there, Cutie?" you ask as you watch the pegasus try to heft his tool.
>"I-I'll be okay," he insists, struggling to balance on his hind legs while raising the pick at the same time. He brings it down, striking the wall with a loud clang, but the force of impact jars the pickaxe from his grip, and the recoil causes the poor pegasus to lose his balance. He winds up falling on his rump, squeaking in distress.
>Tex and Diamond can't help but chuckle a bit at Cutie's attempt.
>But at least Cutie Swirl is determined, as he's soon picking up his tool to try again.
>Soon, you're all chipping away at the rock, making for a steady pace of clacking of metal on stone.

Some conversation or maybe even singing might help pass the time while you work. Input words?
>>
>>25900076
"So Tex, how the cats going as I heard they started buying milk?"
>>
>>25900076
There's no way I'm gonna go for "whistle while you work", so we're gonna have to come up with something else.

Yeah we could banter with Tex about the cats a bit, first.

How about we try singing the Devo style mix of Workin' In A Coal Mine [goin' down down down]? Seems appropriate, considering.
>>
>>25900081
this butter up tex and invite to inn sometime
>>
>>25900086
kek to that singing
>>
>>25900096
That or "Blue Sky Mine", that'd be another good one.
>>
>>25900076
Lets see if our name is worth a lick of salt with this mining!
>>
>Some singing might be nice. Too bad you left the lute-playing gryphon back at the inn, though you do recall that Airy mention she was going to do some adventuring work with Azura today.
>Instead, you make do with just striking up a conversation with your colleagues while you try to strike it rich.
"So Tex, your sister tells me that the cats have already bought their first orders."
>"Yeah, that Tom fellow even brought some younglings along so he can butter up August," Tex grunts between swings. Unlike you and Cutie, Tex's brute strength is making easy workings of the rock.
"I think Tom is just trying to make peace and show those kittens that you and August aren't the 'meanies' keeping them away from the milk."
>"Feh!"
"Come on, Tex, they got the bits, you should just treat them like the customers they are."
>"I'm sure they stole those bits from somewhere," he scoffs. He's about to add something else, when he halts for a moment and takes a closer look at where his pick lays in the rock. "Hey Diamond, got something shiny here."
>Diamond stops what he's doing and goes over to check on your friend.
>"Hey, not bad!" he says, giving the minotaur a playful punch on the arm. "Got yourself some copper ore there. Just try to dig that nugget out and it's all yours."
>Spurred on by Tex's success, the rest of you re-double your efforts, chiseling away at the rock wall. After almost an hour, you're all sweating and panting to catch your breath.
>Your namesake seems to pay off as you manage to pull out a hoof-sized nugget of gold from the wall.

You've Gained:
Copper (x2)
Gemstones (x1)
Gold (x1)

You're all pretty tired after the work, but you got a good haul. Input action.
>>
>>25900156
Lunch?
>>
>>25900156
Rest break, then resume? If it's only been an hour or two, that's not quite lunch time yet, but if everyone's worked up an appetite then call it lunch, too.

Lump of gold size of pony hoof would be worth probably ten grand in humanestria, but if bits are gold it's probably worth somewhat less in equestria.
>>
>>25900174
>>25900182

This seems good food = strength
>>
>>25900156
poke people with gemstone? but yeah show off our lunches so they know we care about them
>>
>>25900156
During Lunch "So Tex how did you like my burger yesterday or was there something I could improve upon"
>>
>>25900182
>>25900218

>"Not bad, not bad at all," Diamond remarks, admiring a chunk of rock with a gemstone embedded within it. Not quite as valuable as your gold, but nonetheless will fetch some good bits when he turns it in.
>Though it's understandable to want to keep pressing on with your good fortune, when you look to your friends you see that Cutie is nearly passed out on the ground in exhaustion. You're feeling quite weary yourself.
>You find a rock to perch yourself upon, then help yourself to some water and a small snack from your packed lunch.
"So what'd you think of the burger that August brought back for you?" you ask, figuring more conversation makes the time go by faster.
>"Not bad. I can see why August thinks so highly of it," he replies. "Personally, it could've been a bit more filling, but I think that's just more a matter of portions when it comes to somebody like me."
>Indeed, you realize one burger would probably seem more like a snack to a minotaur like him. And as August said before, bovines (and by extension related species) are grazers so they rely on bulk eating.
"I'll be sure to pack more next time for you."
>"You okay down there Cutie?" Diamond asks, nudging the sprawled-out pegasus.
>"Hooves...numb..." he pants back. "How do you...do this all day?"
>"Well if you did this all day, too, you'd be all big and strong like me," he explains, giving a little flex of his hoof to demonstrate. "Instead of all, you know, tiny. Maybe ease off the baked goods too," he adds with a teasing chuckle and pokes Cutie in his plump, baker rump.
>"H-hey! Are you saying my butt's big?" Cutie snaps back.

Input conversations.
>>
>>25900268
"Hey! You didn't mention mine"
>>
>>25900268
>No, it's uh, beautiful!
Is what Diamond should say
>>
>>25900268
Ether eat lunch or get back to work! Moneys to be had and we can't pay for wispys adventure scholarship looking at asses
>>
>>25900268
hows business treating you qt
>>
>>25900268
"Diamond do you know how much our current finds are worth?"
>>
>>25900268
I like where this is going, but maybe we should wait until we have something to celebrate before, uh, celebrating. But some innuendo's always fun anyhow.

"My forelegs are pretty tired too, swinging a pick really takes it out of a pony. Slinging burgers is alot less taxing! I have to say though that this is fun and interesting for a change, getting out of the kitchen once in a while is good for the soul, eh Cutie?"

Once everyone can move again, go back to it. There's bits to be made and right now, time is money.
>>
>>25900304
this
>>
"Diamond, leave Cutie and his volumptuous round butt alone," you call out.
>"Ey, I'm just giving you a little tease there Cutie," Diamond reassures the pegasus, helping him back onto his hooves as a show of good will. "Besides, lots of folks like a pony with a little junk in the trunk."
>He lets out a boisterous laugh, giving a few playful nudges as Cutie turns several shades of red.
>"Besides, mum always said never trust a skinny baker," Diamond adds before heading over to pick up his pick.
"Say Diamond, what do you think what we've managed to get is worth?"
>Diamond takes a moment to look over your current haul. "Well, keep in mind this stuff still needs to be refined and smelted, so it's value is a bit less than you'd expect. Still, I'd say you can probably get about 75 bits for that gold nugget you got there. The copper probably about 20 bits in total, and this gemstone will fetch another 25."
>Once you're a little more rested, the four of you take another run at the site, heaving away with your pickaxes. With some experience under your belt, your able to work at a slightly better pace, striking the stone with better angle and force.
>As you toil away, you and Tex are able to pull up several chunks of copper ore to add to your tally, while Cutie Swirl manages to find something nice as well."
>"Hey Pot, check this out!" Cutie Swirl exclaim, holding aloft a chunk of silver ore. "This is all me baby! Oh yeah! Uh-huh!" Cutie's quite proud of his little accomplishment, prancing about with his prize, giggling gleefully all the while.

You've acquired:
Copper (x7)
Silver (x1)

Input celebration?
>>
>>25900268
I wonder if our pick swing is right. Maybe Diamond could step up behind us, grab our hoof and help us improve our swing. Or maybe he could demonstrate on Cutie. Of course, Tex is good at it, he could show us while Diamond's showing Cutie. It might be for the best, to make sure everyone's doing it right.
>>
>>25900354
Yeah get some "tips"
>>
>>25900352
That's awesome, Cutie! Silver's one of the best conductors of heat, and electricity, so I hear. That heat conduction is why lumps of silver always feel so surprisingly cold- It's conducting the heat away from your hoof and dissipating it!
>>
>>25900352
GIVE A HOOF BUMP OF AWESOMENESS
>>
>>25900352
have another go at the wall and afterwards ask if its better to find another spot or keep going
>>
I estimate we got just over 200 bits so far. We need another 100 to start earning them profits and 200 more to make more then the other option.
>>
>>25900361
Yes, proper form is important.
Don't want to strain anyone's back swinging that heavy pickaxe.

>>25900363
Since when did Pot get to read about metals?
>>
>>25900378
Shopping for pans, maybe? Heat conduction of pans is real big with chefs.
>>
>>25900354
>>25900361

"Hey, good job there buddy," you congratulate the pony, clapping your hooves as he continues his victory dance.
>"Sweet! The lil' pegasus managed to pop his cherry," Diamond adds in, giving Cutie Swirl a strong pat on the back, almost enough to knock him over in the process. He begins to fluster a bit under all the praise, but he's smiling back to you. "You should probably hold onto that - keep it as a souvenir to remember this trip."
>"I...suppose I could, if you all don't mind," Cutie replies.
"You found it, you get first dibs on it," you reassure him.
>Between the excitement and all the hard work, Cutie Swirl decides to take another breather while the rest of you keep hard at work.
"Say Diamond, I don't suppose you could give some pointers - I feel like my swing isn't as good as it should be," you ask whilst picking up your pick again.
>"Sure, not a problem," Diamond replies as he saddles up alongside you. "The key is you gotta hold it just right."
>You feel his powerful hooves wrap around, helping guide your hooves into position along the pickaxe's shaft. You feel your heart pick up its pace a bit as Diamond's frame presses up against you...the heat of overworked muscles radiating off him like a bonfire.
>"Now you just lift up your axe like this..."
>His hooves continue guiding your form, lifting the tool up and then back down again in slow motion.
>"Now just give it a shot, with all your strength," he adds, stepping back and giving your flank a reassuring pat.
>Following his advice, you lift the pick once more and then bring down with all your force. There's a heavy 'thunk' as the metal buries itself in the stone, followed by a sudden and loud crank and groaning beneath you.

(cont)
>>
>>25900412

"Does rock normally make that sound?" you remark as glance back to you colleague.
>Before he can say another word, though, the floor beneath you suddenly gives out. You let out a yelp as you fall through the opening, tumbling down a shaft for several meters before it winds up spitting you out into another cavern.
>You land with an odd splash, landing face-first into a puddle of water. Somewhere in the fall your helmet fell off, though you eventually see a light source come tumbling out of the hole you fell from, landing in the puddle next to you.
>You glance around, barely able to see anything without your helmet's light. No sign of the others though.

Input action.
>>
>>25900415
Grab light source next to us?
>>
>>25900415
Call out to the others, see if they're alive
>>
>>25900415
Go get the helmet.
If there's anything else down here, I don't want to attract their attention.
>>
>>25900415
Oh god I hope that wasn't cutie next to us! Help them up like a panicked mother.
>>
>>25900415
lets dig up like the crafting of mine games teached us
>>
>>25900415
We have our candle cause some anon was smart, light that bitch up
>>
>>25900424
>>25900427

>You shake out the cobwebs and stagger back to your hooves. You don't seem to be badly hurt from the fall, aside from a bit of soreness around the sides from all that tumbling. You spot your half-submerged helmet and pick it up.
>As you set the helmet back upon your head, it's light shines upon the wall ahead of you. And that's when you realize that somethings definitely not right - the stone before you is perfectly smooth. You pan the light to the side, noting the wall continues on.
>You see some signs of what look like paint...or some sort of colouration in the stone. It's too worn to make sense of it, but you think it might be some sort of image.
>You keep following the wall along until eventually you reach a section that seems to be carved out from the wall. It's worn and dusted by time, but you can make equine-like shapes in the stone. At the center is a crystal-shaped carving with a U-shaped impression in the middle of it.

Input action.
>>
>>25900484
use investigate to get a better picture of surroundings
>>
>>25900484
Might as well touch it and anything else that might look buttony.
>>
>>25900484
Put our element into the impression
>>
>>25900484
Ask around for a spider to help us out, trade our lunch if necessary.
>>
>>25900491
I also wouldn't mind more details of the area.
>>
>>25900484
U shaped is for a hoof I think.
>>
>>25900491
>>25900543

>You continue to take stock of your surroundings. Behind you is the hole you fell in through; the rock face it's a part is more natural, and judging by the water around you, most of this area was slowly carved out by the erosion.
>The floor is smooth in some parts, eroded in others. You see some rubble and debris on the ground...some of them are spherical...almost pot-like. If you had to guess, this use to be a store room, maybe a pantry?
>"Hey Pot, are you alive down there?" Diamond's voice echoes from the hole you came in through. "I mean, if you're alive, say something, would ya? And...um, if you're not then...uh...I guess say nothing."
"I'm okay," you shout back up the hole. "You might be interested in coming down here, though. It looks like I found some old ruins."
>"Ruins? Oh sweet! Dibs on anything valuable!"
>You hear some rumbling noise coming from the hole, then a glowing light, and then finally a high-pitched shriek as Cutie Swirl comes tumbling out of the hole, landing straight upon you.
>You both get knocked to the ground, leaving you a bit dazed in the puddle once more. You open your eyes again and seeing the pegasus sprawled across in a dazed heap.
>When he realizes where he is, or rather who he's on, Cutie quickly scrambles off.
>"S-sorry!"
"It's okay. Maybe a little warning next time," you reply.

Input Action.
>>
>>25900610
"Cutie can you check the pots for anything worth while, if you find an intact pot it could even hold historical value"
>>
>>25900610
Touch the u
>>
>>25900610
see if we can't find a door in the room.
>>
>>25900650
>>25900646
>>25900630

I'm fine with these
>>
It's getting late. We'll continue again tomorrow.
>>
>>25900704
True dat
>>
bed bump
>>
>>25900970
>>
>>25900970
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>25902468
Good work
>>
>>25900610
If Diamond is still up there ask him to use his rope to make another way to get ou
>>
>>25900610
"I wonder how old these pictures are and when the last time somepony was present"
>>
>>25906868
>>
>>25907446
>>
>>25908196
>>
Might be a bit late, but let's get a session going, eh?
>>
>>25909598
There's never a wrong time for capitalism.
>>
>>25909598
No
>>
>>25909598
>>25909627
YES
>>
File: Toilet_Sparkle_Cleaner.jpg (115KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Toilet_Sparkle_Cleaner.jpg
115KB, 792x1008px
>>25909598
Sure!
>>
>>25909598
I'm never gonna give you up or let you down.
>>
"I hope your plan is a bit more than just following me down."
>"Don't worry, I brought rope."
>Cutie turns to the side slightly, revealing the rope tied around his tail, which leads back up the tunnel he came down. He unties the rope and secures the end of the to the wall with a piton.
>"We're all set down here," Cutie shouts up the tunnel.
>"Okay, we're coming on down!"
>Judging by the noise, and excessive amounts of profanity, the other two - larger - members of your team have a bit more trouble making their way down the shaft.
>Your focus, however, remains on the mural before you. You carefully trace your hoof across its surface, feeling the counters of the stone...smooth, yet oddly warm. You return you gaze to the U-shaped sigil at the center. When you place your hoof over it, the stone suddely begins to glow. There's a loud 'clunk' echoing around you, and then the stone slab before you begins to slide aside.
>Looks like you've found out how to open the door.
>As the door opens, you are hit with a gust of air...warm and stale, but also a bit dusty. A warm light greets you as you slowly step into the next room. It's a larger chamber, square with a pillar near each corner...though one of which has been smashed and lays across the floor in pieces.
>Your first few steps get interrupted when you tap your hoof against something. Glancing down, the sight makes you almost jump back a step - it's a skeleton. An equine skeleton, clad in cracked armour, and judging by the twisted, black metal sword lodged in its upper spine, you can venture a guess what happened to him.

(cont.)
>>
>>25910147

>It's not the only sign of a long-forgotten fight. At the center of the room stands a massive crystal, or at least what's left of it. The upper half of the diamond-shaped crystal has been shattered and is strewn across the floor in a thousand pieces. The main piece still glows, flickering like a dying flame.
>You continue examining the room. To your immediate right is a spear, its tip embedded in the stone wall, but you can make out that the end of it appears to be made of crystal as well. You give it a slight tug, but it doesn't move.
>What force could've been so great as to lodge it solid rock?
>You see several more armour-clad skeletons across the room, some shattered, some torn apart. In one of the far corners, a large crater has been left in the wall. At the center lays a wreck of twisted metal.
>At the center of each wall is another mural much like the one you just came through. More doors, you figure.
>What happened here, you find yourself wondering.

Input action.
>>
>>25910179
Ask diamond if the broken crystals are worth something
>>
>>25910179
grab sword if it's still intact
>>
>>25910179
I'm getting a necromancy vibe here. Push all the skeletons into a corner so that they have to untangle if they come back to life. Examine the twisted metal boss heap.
>>
>>25910212
Its smart but I don't think our friends would improve of us playing with corps.
>>
>>25910179
"Hey Tex can you give a yank on a spear"
>>
>>25910212
From the disruption it looks like something attracted 99% of all metal objects and smashed it into a wall. Perhaps we should be cautious around the metal objects or at least carrying them.
>>
>>25910179
Look at the mural, maybe it can give a clue about the room
>>
>>25910355
Yeah for all we know the glowy crystal stops anyone who is hostile (Carrying weapons) and its got the answers
>>
>>25910179
Seconding asking Diamond what the crystal is and if it's worth salvaging any- Or in fact, re-assembling it. It might be a bad idea but if there's a chunk that obviously fits somewhere on the broken base piece, fit it there and see if it bonds.
>>
>"By the stars..." you hear Diamond mutter as he steps into the room, with Tex and Cutie following in his hoof steps.
>Tex looks on in silent wonder, while Cutie immediately notices one the nearby skeletons, lets out an 'eek' and glues himself to Tex's side for safety.
>Though a bit wary, you decide to grab hold of the sword.
"Sorry about this," you whisper quietly.
>You give it a tug, dislodging the sword, though shattering a large part of the skeleton in the process. Examining the sword it feels...strangely cold, despite everything else in the room being warm. It's crude in design, and made of some metal you've never seen before, but looking into it reminds of you staring at a starry night sky. It's a heavy blade, single-edged, like a cleaver perhaps. You stow it away in your pack - it could be worth something.
>You notice Tex trying to dislodge the spear, but he's having no success. It's just not budging.
"So what do you think, Diamond? Is any of that big crystal valuable?" you ask.
>"I dunno, to be honest. Ain't never seen crystal looking like this before," he answers. "Maybe if we could get the big piece out of here intact, but that's gotta be like...a thousand pound of crystal. That ain't fitting out the hole we came in, even if we could lift it."
"What about the smaller pieces?"
>"Spectral Prism might like them, but I don't know how much he'd pay."
>"You think this might be...from the Crystal Empire?" Tex asks.
>"It could be. It's old and crystaly - fits the usual description. But Crystal Empire things are usually only valuable if it's intact - a broken crystal is like a broken jar. It's useless unless you want something to just look at."

(cont.)
>>
>>25910515

>You continue searching about the room. You see more signs of the struggle left in the walls - large gouges carved out like...claw marks. Some are small, and some are wide enough for you to fit your whole hoof into and still leave plenty of space on the sides.
>Eventually, you make your way over to the crater in the wall. A twisted heap of metal lays in the center, shattered into several pieces, some of which are embedded in the rock still.
>A lot of brass and bronze on it, huge dents in the tubular framework that composes the largest fragment of it.
>You notice a piece of brass at your hoof. It's got an intricate molding to it...an almost equine-like face on it, or half of one at least. Maybe it comes from a helmet.
>At the center of the largest piece, you notice a cage-like device hanging from an opening. There's a crystal inside its metallic lattice...though shattered into a number of pieces. Maybe a power source? You remember hearing that the Crystal Empire used their magic crystals for a lot of things, including as a source of power.
>Your pondering is interrupted when you hear a snap and crackle, followed by a girlish yelp.
>"What happened Cutie?"
>"I...I just tried touching the big crystal - it zapped me."
>"No touchie the big crystal then," Diamond murmurs.

Input action.
>>
>>25910530
Grab the heart chamber. Prism might be interested in any remnants of enchantment hanging about it. Toss a small bit of the crystal at the bigger bit. See if it reacts.
>>
>>25910548
Yeah lets grab some smaller pieces, maybe we should see about connecting the by gem to the power source thing?
>>
>>25910561
Powering up latent/dead things is typically a bad idea. If anything we should have QT go grab Prism and get him to come down here. It's not that far out of town after all.
>>
>>25910573
We should ask Prism for a way to talk to him over a distance
>>
>>25910530
I second tossing a piece of smaller crystal at the larger crystal, despite the warning that they generally stay broken. If that doesn't do anything positive and assuming we survive, head through the next door. Honestly I'd like to equip the sword, or if it's too heavy for us, pass it to Diamond or Tex, in case of trouble.
>>
>>25910580
Considering how often we seem to be running into magical items these days, that might now be a bad idea.
>>
>>25910580
Seriously. We find so many things he's interested in, it's only common sense. Let's try summoning him with an incantation.

"Spectral Prism, calling Spectral Prism, I've found something that'll make you jism!" might be worth a shot. Maybe he's got supernatural senses or something.
>>
>>25910583
Yeah find the next door
>>
>>25910602
> that chant

Anon, I like you a lot.
>>
>>25910530
Why doesn't Tex just break up the wall a bit until the spear falls out?
>>
>>25910573
I agree with this, if anything goes wrong(which it will) we won't be able to handle it.
Getting help is the smart thing to do
>>
>>25910573
>>25910602
I'd say sent QT (pegasus) off while we explore a few rooms in but don't go to deep. Every wall is a door apparently, so we should be able to go in pretty shallow in three directions without issue.

If the chant doesn't work of course.
>>
>>25910629
I like this idea. Pickaxe wall around spear.
>>
>>25910655
Watch it be some kind of control rod.
>>
Should we give the sword to Silver or Sundance?
>>
>>25910674
If we can swing it ourselves, well, we've been needing one!
>>
>>25910674
Have our tiny blacksmith examine the properties of the metal. If she can learn something from it then she can keep it a while.
>>
>>25910690
I like that she might get that spark to repair her career
>>
>>25910690
She could probably reforge it into a rapier for us, a little gladius for Wispy, and still have a bit left over to experiment with herself!
>>
"I think we should get Spectral Prism down here."
>You reach into the mangled wreck and grab hold of the lattice chamber. You give it a few tugs, but it doesn't come out - it seems to be a rather sturdy construct. You might be able to get it out if you use your pickaxe and hammer to start dismantle the outer superstructure, but you decide to wait until Prism arrives before you start breaking things apart.
"Yeah...we definitely need the wizard."
>"I guess we'll need to send somepony back to town to fetch him," Diamond replies.
"Unless you think we can summon him with an incantation?"
>Diamond gives a shrug. "Oh Spectral Prism, oh Spectral Prism! We call out to you, Spectral Prism. We have found something that will make you jism!"
>Unsurprisingly, nothing happens.
>"Well I tried my best. Let's send Cutie to get him."
>"O-okay, if you think that's for the best," the little pegasus nods.
>He hurries off, back up the shaft, to fetch the wizard. It'll be a while before he arrives, unless the wizard can teleport this deep into the earth.
>You hear a clack, clack, clack and notice that Tex has decided to take his pick to the wall in an attempt to dig the spear out. He's really motivated to get it.
>Diamond keeps his attention on the crystal in the center. He brings his hoof closer to it and, unsurprisingly, a small arc of electricity zaps him. He tries tapping it with the end of his pick and gets the same result. He then tries tossing a piece of crystal at it - it bounces off without any effect.
>Not much else of interest in the room from what you can tell. Still three unopened doors, ahead and to your left and right.

Input action.
>>
>>25910769
Lets go left again, that way we will be facing the direction back towards the mining camp area.
>>
>>25910769
Just in case weird magic crap happens, pick up a rock and scratch an arrow into the floor pointing to the outside door. Then mark every door we go through with an arrow back.
>>
>>25910794
this so they can find us
>>
>>25910769
I say we assist Tex in removing the spear carefully from the wall, then open the leftmost door. Left to right kinda thing is my thinking here.
>>
>>25910803
Sure thing
>>
>>25910769
"Diamond use your treasure finding instinct and point us the right way"
>>
>>25910769
I spy with my little eye...
>>
>>25910844
something beginning with D
>>
>>25910769
see if any of the armor fits pot or diamond. if it does, suit up.
>>
>>25910857
With Tex lumbering around, something beginning with D is probably swinging around face-level all the time.

Seconding trying to assemble an armor suit from remaining bits.
>>
>>25910769
I just recalled that Sundance was visiting Prism this morning. I wonder if he found anything about those gems.
>>
"You think we might be able to do something with the armour?" you ask as you gesture Diamond's attention towards the remains.
>"You mean...put on the suit that a dude was killed in?" he asks, looking a little mortified at the idea. "I dunno, Pot. That just feels all kinds of wrong."
>Not that it's a very workable idea. Looking at the armour that's left, most of it is completely ruined - huge rends torn through the plating, some of it smashed, or just plain twisted beyond recognition. The armour look crystalline, so you're skeptical a blacksmith could even do anything with it if you brought some back.
>"Ha! Finally!" Tex's voice shouts from the far side.
>You watch as the minotaur finally pries the spear free. As you suspected, the end of the spear is fitted with a crystal-like head, though it's been left cracked and flattened. Likely from when it was driven into the wall.
>You figure it's time to start exploring some of the other rooms. You take out your pick, deciding you can use it to scratch markings in the wall so you can be sure to find your way back.
>You step up to the first door, and press the hoof-button in the center. Same as before, the sigil glows and the door parts for you. It's a singular chamer it leads you too, however. A long room with large stone slabs running along the length on both sides - each slab perpendicular to the wall, and equidistant from each other.
>If you had to guess, it looked like living quarters, with the slabs serving as the base for beds.
>There's more skeletal remains much like in the first room, broken and shattered bones of at least...six ponies by your count.

Input action.
>>
>>25910982
Examine the corpses. Try not to throw up.
>>
>>25910982
Living quarters might have loot, look around for anything worthwhile.
>>
>>25910982
lets go right this time and put a x mark on its entrance to tell people nothing is there
>>
>>25910982
Check for anything valuable or useful, and if there are no further doors off this room, try the next room afterward.
>>
>>25911016
>>25911014
>>25911003
>>
>>25910998
Nothing but bones here. But worth a closer look anyway. We might find out if there's anything to look out for. Maybe another mural or something? I don't think any paper would have survived
>>
>You breath a heavy sigh, marking the wall near the door with an X just so the others know that it's been looked over. Then you head further and start looking for anything that might be worth taking.
>You can't help but feel a bit guilty though. This is more than just ruins...it's a grave now. Does this make you a grave robber? Even if it's for money, you wonder how these ponies might feel about you picking over their remains like some vulture.
>Trying to keep your hooves to yourself, you look over the remains. You find much the same as the others, broken armour and bones. Each of them has a small pendant, consisting of a flat metal disk with worn engravings on them, and a small crystal charm.
>One of the remains has a small book clutched in its hoof. It's small, like something you keep in your pocket. You gingerly open it up, but there's little there...the pages have long since crumbled to dust.
>In the far corner you find the last of the skeletons. It's slumped against the wall, one of the hooves is missing...you find its broken remains laying on the floor several meters away. You look closer and find it's holding something in its other hoof. It looks to be some kind of container, disc-shaped but about the size of your hoof.
>You carefully ease it out and examine it more closely. It's made of a silvery metal. You find a latch and gently ease it open. Inside each have is a crystalline sheet, a preserved etching inside it details a face...a young mare's face by the looks of it. Soft, gentle features and wide, vibrant eyes...her mane tied up in large curls above her head.
"She's pretty," you remark as you look to the skeleton. "The pretty mare waiting for you back home, huh?"
>You let out a quiet sigh, and put the disc back into the skeletons hoof.
"She's definitely a keeper."
>You trot back to the main room.
>"Anything in there?" Diamond asks.
"Nah. Just dust and bones."

Input action.
>>
>>25911156
maybe we should ask the mine manger to bury them when we leave
>>
>>25911156
Lets go to the right room this time.
>>
>>25911156
Ask if they have ideas on what happened here.
The skeletons all seem full sized, but who can be sure when most of them are just fragments?
The armour and weapons indicate some kind of fighting, maybe that caused a cave-in that sealed up the entire ruin?
But then what about the doors? They were closed, not collapsed or anything.
>>
>>25911189
Thats a good point, we see possible crystal soldiers but no enemy combatants.
>>
>>25911189
Obviously not the entire place caved in, just the upper stories of it. We're in a lesser-damaged lower level where even some of the power is still on to work the doors, probably from what's left of that crystal.

I'd go for middle door but right door's fine too.
>>
>>25911202
>>25911197
>>25911189

> armour-clad skeletons across the room, some shattered, some torn apart.

Time to warn the others that we think some beast killed them all and that we should proceed quietly and with extreme caution.
>>
>>25911205
"Diamond, Tex what manner of creature could do this to this many troops. I think we should put our ear to the floor and doors to make sure nothing is their before entering"
>>
>>25911205
The wreckage of that golem in the crater indicate that this could have been a civil war, or a Terminator scenario. Beware still-functioning mechs. The lack of enemy soldiers could simply be that the combatants were all crystal ponies, too.
>>
"What do you think might've happened here?" you ask, taking a look at the wake of the chaos.
>"Who knows. If these are soldiers of the Crystal Empire, then this fight is centuries old," Diamond answers."But those claw marks on the walls and doors? There's nothing in here that could've left marks like that. And obviously something big would've had to have smashed that thing in the corner around like a rag doll."
>He gestures to the mangled wreck in the corner. Judging from the impact marks and the way the broken pillar is angled, whatever it was...it got tossed around by something in a bigger weight class.
"I'm going to check the other room."
>You head across the chamber to the room on the opposite side and head inside. It's another singular chamber, another bedroom. But whoever belonged here had to be more important because it was large but with only a single bed. There's a desk on one side and more signs of struggle, though thankfully no bodies. Just broken furniture and large rends in the stone walls.
>You examine the desk. There's not much there - old remains of books, wiped of value by the ravages of time.
>You find one item of note, though. A ring, made of gold and brass with a very tiny crystal embedded in the center. It's sized for a unicorn's horn.

Input action.
>>
>>25911311
Lick it.
>>
>>25911311
Well I guess we wait for prism to check out our bling, maybe we should just wait for him?
>>
>>25911317
licking is for horns anon
>>
>>25911330
And that goes on horns. It's an instinctive thing for Pot.
>>
>>25911311
Geez I wish we had a unicorn along. Have Prism try it when he arrives. Check the third room!
>>
>>25911332
Maybe we can find out who it belonged to (or their descendant) from the residual horn-taste
>>
>>25911335
Alright sure, but carefully
>>
>>25911311
When we get back out to Diamond and Tex remark to them that they should be happy we're all splitting the reward. After all, we're the one that fell into it- I mean found it.
>>
>>25911349
Yeah, no way Pot could have carried it all out by himself.
Ruins are quite hard to move
>>
>>25911341
Friggen lol
>>
>>25911341
>>25911335
>We hand it to Prism when he gets here
>"Why is it damp?"
>>
>Well, it's sitting on a desk, so you don't feel quite the same moral conundrum about taking it. Plus it is just a ring, unless there's more to it than that. Of course, you can't find that out until you get your resident wizard down here to take a closer look at it.
>What's taking him so long anyways? Well, considering how long it took to get down here, you reckon that Cutie is probably only just reaching Ponyville by this point.
>You head off to check the last of the doors, making a little mark on the wall on your way out.
>The last door is the one with the largest rends in it. When you press the button, the door is much slower to open, almost grinding in protest as it does so. It seems it might've been damaged long ago. In fact, it only opens about half way before it gets wedged and grinds to a halt. There's enough room to squeeze through, however.
>The last chamber is a rather curious sight. It is a near empty chamber, except in the center stands an empty pedestal.
>And beside it...a crystalline pony. Not like a crystal pony, but a pony...completely crystalized - mane, clothing, everything. It's a unicorn, a mare by the looks of it. She's turned away slightly, as if averting her gaze from something that came in through the door. Judging by the clothes (or crystalized clothing) she wears, the tiara upon her head, she was some sort of royalty. Somebody important.

Input Action.
>>
>>25911476
Well. She has a horn. Suck it. Put a ring on it.
>>
>>25911379
But since Pot has only tasted a few unicorns so far, he has to lick more horns to find the right match.
>>
>>25911476
Well can we find a mirror?
>>
>>25911489
Why not put the ring on the unicorn
>>
>>25911489
We don't know what that will do. It might awaken her, it might activate some kind of trap.
We should wait for Prism to arrive before we do anything with that one.
>>
>>25911492
Shine our shield and bring that sucker out and hide behind like the brave warrior we are
>>
>>25911506
That sounds reasonable, make our shield reflecting why we wait.
>>
>>25911476
The empty space scares me
>>
>>25911506
I agree with this. Turn around and tell everyone what we found. That pedestal gives me a bad feeling
>>
>>25911476
does she look like the mare in the locket and is she hot?
>>
>>25911476
Is she normal sized? I'd wonder about a crystal medusa being somewhere about, except that this pony is the only one in this condition. Obviously her and the ring are a temptation too great to ignore, but unfortunately we do need Prism present just in case things go all pear-shaped when we try it.

Are there any other doors in this chamber to follow? Check the room for items while we wait for Prism. Also look for something to prop the door open with, in case we need to.
>>
>The room fills you with a sense of unease, and not just because of the lifelike statue that occupies it.
>You look at the ring, and then you look at the statue's horn...and then back to the ring.
"Maybe when Prism gets here," you conclude to yourself.
>There doesn't appear to be anything else in the room, so you trot back to the main hall to check in on Diamond and Tex.
"It's weird," you remark as you join your friends. "Aside from the tunnel we came in, there doesn't seem to be any way into this structure. Like, at all."
>"Teleportation maybe?" Diamond suggests. "Find anything of interest?"
"There's a crystal pony statue in the room behind me, and I found this ring, but that seems to be all there is at the moment."
>"A ruin without much of value and no doors in," Diamond comments. "It's like a...like a..."
>"A shelter," Tex interjects.
>You and Diamond nod in agreement.
>After a solid half hour of waiting, you finally hear some noise coming from the tunnel leading in. First out pops Cutie, and a few seconds later Spectral Prism comes tumbling out of the hole.
>"My word, that is certainly not the most comfortable means of egress," the unicorn comments. When he looks up and sees what he's been brought to however, his eyes widen in amazement. "By the stars is this..."
>He goes silent as he slowly walks into the room. His eyes sweep across the room, wonder and joy etched into his expression. It's like a colt in a confectionary shop.
>"This is a piece of the Crystal Empire! This is incredible - I never imagined they had installations as far south as Ponyville. I mean, this is rather small but it's clearly been crafted by their hooves. It's...it's...this is fantastic. This is stupendous! I don't even know where to begin!"

Input action.
>>
>>25911616
"I knew you would love it hence why we called you here. First have a look at the sword and spear, then the ring and then the crystallized mare."
>>
>>25911616
The petrified pony, horn ring and locket?
>>
>>25911644
Locket should probably be left with the dead but yeah with the pone.
>>
>>25911616
show him around
>>
>>25911616
"Hey, Prism, welcome to the party! Welcome back, Cutie! Hey Prism, this place still has working power-doors, so some of it still works. We've found a few lesser artifacts." show him the sword, spear and maybe the locket, see what he thinks. "But the oddest thing is back here in this room..."

Show him the pony, and the ring, and explain your plan. There's no way we found all this without at least trying the ring, unless he recognizes the statue as some historic evil villian or something.
>>
>>25911616
So we want to put a ring on that mare, does that mean we are horse married when we do.
>>
>>25911664
If she de-animates when the ring's off, she may be the perfect spouse.
>>
>>25911664
Make Prism do it then.
Or we could put the ring on Prism instead
>>
>>25911663
>>25911639
I think he would fall in love with the power source that we found and its all thanks to Pots fat ass that we found this place.
>>
>>25911616
Let's not forget to show Prism the broken golem, and let him examine the huge power crystal too.
>>
>>25911705
Hopefully we make a profit off this scientific discovery
>>
>>25911673
We need mores rings to throw at all our unicorn friends
>>
>>25911727
Prism might need two
>>
>>25911768
Igetit
>>
>"This is...so incredible," Prism continues, almost ignoring you and the others as he wanders around the room. "This...this here is one of their transportation crystal arrays! I'm sure of it! The markings on the ring base here is identical to the set-ups they found in the catacombs near Stalliongrad. If only it was so badly damaged, it could still be useable."
"Transportation crystals?" you repeat.
>"Yes! It was one of their most useful inventions. You see these crystals project a sort of energy field around them. And the ponies of the Crystal Empire could use them to teleport vast numbers between them. It allowed them to create a network across all their territories. Imagine being able to send an entire army from one side of Equestria to the other! With it, you could control a huge amount of territory with a much, much smaller force as you can mobilize them in an instant."
>"Can you fix it maybe?" Diamond asks.
>"Sadly, no. Not without the knowledge of how these crystals are forged. Believe me, better ponies than I have tried but...there's something about the crystals that we can't seem to replicate."
>You bring Prism over to the mangled wreck in the corner, as usual he is bright-eyed in amazement.
"So what it is?"
>"It's one of their magitech constructs - a war machine infused with crystal energies. The Crystal Empire had mastered the art of making living machines..."
"What, you mean like that golem I saw at your place?"
>"Good heaven's, no. What I have at my home is like a cave scratching compared to the Pona Lisa. We've never been able to find one so intact..."
"It's like in...ten pieces, Prism."
>"Yes, but at least all the pieces are still here."

(cont.)
>>
>>25911787

>You eventually lead Prism into the room with the unsettling crystal pony statue in it. You don't even get a word off before gallops up to it to take a closer look.
"Any ideas?"
>Prism taps his chin in though, examining the details of the figure closely.
>"Judging by the clothing, she appears to be a member of the Crystal Empire's Royal House, or perhaps one of the lesser noble houses. It's hard to tell without seeing a cutie mark."
>Which sadly, is covered by the aforementioned clothes.
"So...this pony used to be alive?"
>"I believe so. What magic turned her into this, though, I cannot say for certain. I don't know if there's even any way to reverse the effects. After so many centuries, the magic residuals have long since worn away."
>He sets his hoof upon the statue's cheek, running it along the pony's features.
>"If only I could see what you have seen, my dear..."

Input action.
>>
>>25911795
Show him the ring
>>
>>25911795
Put the ring on the horn. It's begging for it.
>>
>>25911804
This do it without asking him, it will be more fun that way.
>>
>>25911804
get horse married
>>
>>25911795
Pimp slap the crystal off her and make her wear a skimpy maid outfit.
>>
>>25911795
Show Prism the ring, ask him to examine it. See if he's willing to let you try it on her.

Knowing she might be savable if undamaged, we shouldn't chance ignorantly trying on a ring which might be designed to amplify magic on a live unicorn or something and maybe shatter her, it would be irresponsible for now.
>>
>>25911851
Thats true. I'm just sitting here dying to find out what happens.
>>
Sorry for delay. Went longer than I expected.

==========

"I found this in one of the other rooms."
>You take out the ring and show it to Prism. His expression is less joyful than the previous ones, though his mood as a whole has dampened since entering this chamber. He levitates the ring over and looks it over.
>"I sense a faint...magical aura within it," he muses quietly. "But I can't quite discern what it is exactly...definitely Crystal Empire in origin. Trying to decipher their magics is like trying to read a book in a different tongue."
>He lets out a defeated sigh and gives the ring back to you. All he has to offer is an uncertain shrug.
>You then both turn to the statue, panning your gaze between it and each other. Though not a word is spoken, you both know what the other is considering.
>You step up to the statue and carefully ease the ring into place. The ring begins to glow, a light flowing through it that begins to spread through the statue. The light intensifies with each passing moment, until it's almost blinding the two of you. Then suddenly there's a burst and a shockwave of eldritch energy blasts outwards and blinds your vision.
>When your eyes re-adjust, you see before you not a statue but a young crystal unicorn. She shimmers like the morning sun, her body a golden amber wrapped in silks of violets and silver, and pale blue eyes gazing back at you.
>She is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen...

(1/4)
>>
>>25911991

>"My goodness," Prism gasps. "This...this is incredible. I never would've imagined this. It is such a privilege to--"
>Prism reaches out to grasp at the pony, but his hoof passes through the mare as though it didn't exist. That's when you realize she's not looking at you, but past you.
"This...isn't real?" you murmur, passing your hoof through her face like there's nothing there.
>There's suddenly a loud thud behind you, coming from the door. You hear something raking against stone, then the door begins opening...forcefully as something on the other side pries it open.
>Through the gap in the door, you see a massive, monstrous creature. You can't make much of it out, as it seems to be nothing but shadows and smoke, save for two piercing red eyes that glow from within the abyss. It snarls, a mouth full of black teeth appearing as it roars.
>That's when the crystal unicorn steps forward, and from her horn she unleashes a beam of energy that pierces through the creature, vaporizing it almost instantly.
>Yet despite the victory, the mare does not look content. Her expression turns to wariness as a second figure emerges through the opening.
>This time, though, it is a pony - a unicorn, clad in full black metal armour of a material that looks not too dissimilar from the sword you had picked up earlier. A purple mist seems to pour out from the openings in the helmet. You feel a sense of cold dread flow through you as the armored pony marches in.

(2/4)
>>
>>25911995

>The crystal unicorn unleashes another blast of energy, but this time it seems to strike against some invisible barrier, splashing around the armoured pony but nothing coming even close to him.
>The stallion says nothing, but fires back its own energy bolt that strikes the unicorn in the chest, knocking her back into the pedestal. You can tell she's badly injured now - she struggles to get back to her hooves, as black crystals now cling to her body where the energy bolt had struck.
>"Please father...stop this madness...I know you can still hear me," the mare calls out.
>"Your father is gone, only nightmare remains," the armoured stallion replies, his voice a hollow echo like cold steel. "Now where is it?"
>"Someplace where you will never find it," she sneers back.
>"Why do you still struggle? Can you not see that it is hopeless? Your Empire is dust...your army is gone...and once I am done killing you, I will kill everyone else."
>"As long as there is light, there is still hope."
>"As long as there is light, there is shadow."
>The mare looks away as the stallion charges up his magic once again. There is another blinding flash, and you find yourself standing before the crystallized statue once again. You look behind you to where the armoured stallion was but instead you see Tex and Diamond looking at you with some confusion and puzzlement.

(3/4)
>>
>>25912001

"Was that...did we just see--?"
>"I believe so," Prism replies with a somber nod.
"Who was that?"
>"That, my friend, was Sombra...the last Emperor. The Emperor who ground his own kingdom into dust to fuel a warmachine that would try to spread the darkness across all of Equestria."
>You turn abou to look at the statue again, and you see that the eyes of the statue are still glowing. And then suddenly, it speaks...
>"But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your hooves. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
>You raise your hoof to speak back but the light disappears from the statues eyes...and then suddenly the statue begins to fall apart, crumbling into dust at your hooves.
>"Pot! What did you do?"
"I didn't do anything! I didn't even touch it!"
>It's too late to do anything. There's but a pile of crystal now laying at your hooves. But that's when you notice something else, sitting in the dust is an intact piece of crystal. Well, intact would be the wrong word. It has a round, tear-drop-like shape but the jagged edge along one side of it suggest it's been broken like so many other crystals in the room.
>And that's when you notice a faint pulsing light coming from your pendant...

Input action.
>>
>>25912005
Understandably Innkeeper. Long read as well.

Touch it?
>>
>>25912013
ether that or go on poke quest starting with prism
>>
>>25912005
> Use Element to try and repair the thing
>>
>>25912005
Poor girl I think we should ask Prism to bury the bodies or something like that.
>>
>>25912005
Recover the teardrop piece, have Prism check it over. See if your pendant is reacting to that piece or if it is leading you to the other half of it somewhere else.
>>
>>25912051
Thats good go find the other parts, i hope we have some time to keep digging for more gems.
>>
>>25912005
ask prism if he needs those weapons for anything if not lets take them to Silver
>>
>>25912068
It's entirely possible that we're now the owners of Sombra's Sword. Phew, what a monster that's gotta be. I can't wait to see what it does!
>>
>>25912079
You could be right! Lets double check with prism if its the same one.
>>
>>25912021
That lady certainly had some very powerful magic to put her last memories into the statue like that.
Why not start with the most magical unicorn in town?
>>
>>25912121
How funny would it be if we go up to all our friends and poke them with it and we can't tell them why.
>>
>>25912132
"Hey, it glows! OK you're in Secret Crystal Club now. Don't tell anybody, and keep this on you at all times!"
>>
>>25912151
Kek that. we need a super secret name for our super duper secret club.
>>
>You carefully pick up the crystal fragment and look it over. It seems to be glowing in response to your Element, though you have no idea why. Just to double-check, you give the crystal over to Prism and step back. Sure enough, the light fades.
"What do you make of it? You think that might be an Element of Harmony?"
>"I don't believe so," Prism says, examining the item closer. "However, they do seem to have similar construct. It's possible that they share similar origins...we don't know much about the Elements' origin. It's possible it shares it with whatever this is."
>You decide to take out the sword you recovered and you show it to Prism.
"What do you make of this?"
>"It's a rather crude-looking sword. If I have to venture a guess, it's a bastardization of the crystal weaponry used by the Empire. You'd have to take it to somepony like Silver Ingot if you want to know more - she's the expert on metallurgy."
"I thought you said it was crystal."
>"It's...it's complicated. Like I said, Silver would know more. She'll be practically orgasmic if you bring that to her - she's always had a fondness for Crystal Empire stuff."
>You put the sword away and take another look around the room.
"Doesn't seem to be much else here," you remark.
>"I'll send notice to the Royal Court about this discovery. They can see to it that the remains are properly taken care of," Prism answers. "As for this crystal, I don't suppose you mind letting me hold onto it...at least for a little while. By rights of salvage, you're legally entitled to anything here that you wish."

Input action.
>>
>>25912161
"I take it that you would like the golem?"
>>
>>25912161
Of course you can study it and any other thing in here that you would like.
>>
>>25912161
what time is it because we can use the remaining of it digging
>>
>>25912161
"You're welcome to study all these things, Prism. Just let's keep control over the artifacts amongst ourselves, so that we get some benefits from our discovery. I'd particularly be interested in knowing what you can do with this golem, and if any derivative products you build based off of it could be useful in a hospitality industry setting." and give him a wink.
>>
>>25912161
"Prism I was wondering if Sundance had managed to show you about these special gems she has and if you know what they are"
>>
>>25912168
He could get the crystal too, I'm sure he would give it back if we asked.

Might want to tell about the locket too, if we want it buried with its owner.(if it wasn't obvious already) or we could have it donated to a museum.

>>25912184
...in each others mine shafts
>>
>>25912190
>>25912195
These
>>
>>25912195
I'm sentimental and would like the locket to be able to stay with it's owner- But then, it's owner has had it for a thousand years or so. It could be the only surviving example of crystal empire "photography" and thus very worthy of study.

So despite sentiment I vote museum for locket.
>>
Anyone else looking forward to Augusts dress? I wanna butter her up so much.
>>
>>25912161
Examine the statue rubble to see if the horn-ring survived. That's another fascinating artifact.
>>
>>25912216
Yeah though Prism should also study it
>>
>>25912218
Aye, there's no way we could in good conscience just slap it on some random unicorn "just to see what happens", especially considering what it did to that statue. But Prism has insight, and a number of magical scrying thingies, I'm sure he'd love to study the thing.
>>
>>25912222
Quads confirms we stick by our generous nature
>>
>You look to the pile of dust once more and notice the ring sitting at the top of it. Despite the unease of sifting through the literal ashes of some pony's remains, you pick up the ring and hold it out to Prism.
"Well, I don't think the others would mind but you're welcome to pretty much everything else here. I don't think any of us could get any value out of these things, but you certainly could. Feel free to take what you want and let us know if you need any help carrying anything."
>"Really? All of it?"
"What am I going to need with broken crystals and a bunch of old skeletons?"
>"Ohthankyouthankyouthankyou!" Prism squeels, throwing a hoof around you in a tight embrace. "Oh I could kiss you right now you magnificent stallion!"
"Nothing stoppin' ya," you chuckle and grin.
>"There's so much work to do now!" Prism lets you go and gallops over to the metal wreck. You can hear him giggling in delight as he starts poking and prodding it over. You get the feeling you're not going to get much out of him until he's run this enthusiasm out of his system.
"Say...did Sundance come by with the--"
>"Can't talk now! Study first. We can talk later!" Prism calls back.
>"Well, I don't know about you, but we could probably still get some mining done if we head back up," Diamond comments.

Input action.
>>
>>25912246
done deal, spend the rest of the time mining
>>
>>25912246
let pots ass find more treasure
>>
>>25912246
Yup! Let's leave our new Head Director Of Ponyville Antiquities to his research, and resume scratching at the very ground itself for filthy lucre! This trip's been great so far!
>>
>>25912254
kek this
>>
>>25912246
If Pot's ever going to get a kiss from Prism, he's going to have to stop talking and start actually kissing him
>>
>>25912257
FOR SCIENCE!
>>
It's late, I think we'll call it a night. Had a lot of fun writing these ones.
>>
>>25912395
Night, Innkeep.
>>
>>25912395
Thanks as usual, Innkeeper!
>>
Say... If Sombra had a daughter, who was the mother? The comic had that romance with Celestia. Hm.

We could be onto a royalty-rocking scandal. We better not publicize our findings overmuch.
>>
>>25912438
Wait, what findings about daughter?
>>
>>25912395
Just as fun reading a playing!

Bed bump myself
>>
>>25912575
Yes, if Sombra and Celestia had a love-child, that'd be earth-shattering. Prism and us now have some extremely forbidden knowledge that'd rock the royals if it came out.
>>
>>25912616
I'm probably just tired but where does it say that in the posts? Or is it just the comics. Bed bump as well.
>>
>>25912628

I think they're referring to >>25912001 when unicorn pony said 'father' to Sombra.

Meaning that Sombra had a kid.

The comics had Celestia/Sombra romance.

So maybe this had said romance too, except it produced a kiddy, too.
>>
>>25912659
Exactly, and now at least Prism and us witnessed a thousand year old recording of her "in the flesh", as it were. So this could be explosive if not widely known, and should be handled with appropriate tact if not outright terror of destabilizing the royalty.
>>
bed bump
>>
>>25913980
>>
>>25913980
>>
>>25912690
>>25912659
Completely missed that father thing! Dang.
>>
Does Spectral Prism have spectral jism?
>>
>>25916477
The floor will be covered the second we leave
>>
I'm looking forward to make a couple of mares happy with Augusts dress and Silvers special crystal weapons.
>>
>>25912690
we should send a letter to Celestia or something informing her of this information.
>>
>>25917535
Prism said he would do that

>>25912161
>"I'll send notice to the Royal Court about this discovery. They can see to it that the remains are properly taken care of," Prism answers. "As for this crystal, I don't suppose you mind letting me hold onto it...at least for a little while. By rights of salvage, you're legally entitled to anything here that you wish."
>>
>>25917535
Let's leave that to Spectral. Celestia might try to take over the site and freeze us and him out. He knows her best, he can tell her.
>>
>>25918196
So should we go to Oats tomorrow?
>>
>>25918228
We need a bump, I know that much.
>>
>>25918859
>>25918228
Lets ask QT if he wants to cum, he needs another friend to hang out with
>>
Time to continue the capitalism!
>>
>>25920093
Muh InnKeeper
>>
"Not a bad discovery if I do say so myself," you remark as the four of you head back to the tunnel. "You think any of that will be worth money? Maybe like a finder's fee if I let the Royal Court have it all?"
>You climb back up the chute, a task a bit more difficult than going down had been. You wound up climbing up the tunnel after Cutie Swirl, so you wind up with a nice view of his baker-padded rump all the way up.
>"What do you suppose that big crystal you pulled out of that dust pile is?" Diamond comments from behind you.
"Who knows. It couldn't have been a coincidence that it stayed intact, well mostly, while the rest of her crumbled. Hopefully Prism will figure out the mystery."
>Just as you get close to the top, you hear a faint 'meep' come from up ahead. It gives you a bit of warning to brace yourself as you see Cutie Swirl come sliding back down the tunnel. He must've slipped or lost his grip, but there's not much you can do other than close your eyes.
>Thankfully, he didn't have much speed, so you simply wind up getting a face-full of Cutie's backside.
"Cutieeeee! What happened?" you shout, muffled by his tail in your face.
>"S-sorry. I slipped!" he calls back. "Let me just...I can do this..."
>He wriggles about trying to get a foothold again, one of his hind legs bracing against your shoulder. After some grunting and squirming, Cutie's eventually able to get climbing again and the four of you eventually make it back to the main tunnel.
>"So which way now?" Tex asks, the last to emerge from below.
>There's still tunnel to explore, either continuing down the path you had originally set off or doubling-back to explore any of the tunnels you had passed earlier.

Input action.
>>
>>25920220
Might as well fully explore this current tunnel
>>
>>25920220
"Diamond how about you pick the next mining spot"
>>
>>25920239
>>25920251
Both good
>>
>>25920220
let the lucky plot lead the way
>>
>>25920220
Roll the dice
>>
>>25920220
Continue down current tunnel until Diamond finds another good spot.

Recall Cutie's rope slide fondly.
>>
>>25920460
Sweet sweet buns
>>
"Well we've been lucky going down this way so far, let's keep going," you suggest.
>You let Diamond take the lead as usual, but you're glad to see that the excitement of that day seems to have brought out enthusiasm in Cutie Swirl. The little pegasus isn't hanging at the back of the pack anymore, but stays up front with you and Diamond, merrily skipping along.
>"Here's a good spot!" Diamond calls out as he leads you over to a nearby blind-end of a tunnel off-shoot.
>"Riches, here I come," Cutie squeals as he races up with his pickaxe.
>"Looks like somepony's been bit by the mining bug," Diamond chuckles as he watches the pegasus begin hacking away at the wall.
>You chuckle and nod in agreement, picking up your pick and setting to work as well.
>The excitement from the recent discover spurrs a hurried pace in you and the others. You make great progress carving out the wall, though sadly your efforts are not rewarded quite so readily.
>You and Diamond manage to scrounge up some copper, but Tex finds nothing after a while.
>Cutie's lucky streak seems to be continuing on as he squeals in delight upon pulling out a nice, sizeable chunk of gold ore.

You've gathered:
Copper (x7)
Gold (x1)

You and your team are winded again, and now quite hungry. Input action.
>>
>>25920500
Lets head back. Its been a productive day and we've got other shit to do.
>>
>>25920500
Deploy the rest of the refreshments, take a break! I'm betting Diamond's instincts are as good as ever, we'll probably do OK if we give this thing hell some more after a break.
>>
>>25920500
Are we going to spend the whole day mining?
Now would be a good time to break out the lunch boxes, and continue the mining, or we could head back up with our loot
>>
>>25920523
Eat, but if we still have more time give it another go. If not his.
>>
>>25920523
I don't wanna head back until we're either over-laden our out of supplies and hungry. We don't get to do this too often. Though I guess we could make it a regular thing, it's gonna be hard to pry Tex off his farm again.
>>
>>25920540
we paid for half a day might as well use it
>>
>>25920551
With our goods now we have atleast paid for our ticket in + sword/spear
>>
>>25920529

>You figure it's time to break out the lunches and have a well-deserved rest.
"Time for some fuel, I think," you chuckle as you pull out your boxed lunch.
>You hope the food has kept well despite tumbling down a tunnel. Thankfully, the sandwich is more than okay. Your piece of quiche, however, is a little smooshed. It's still perfectly edible, of course, but you find yourself have to scrap a lot of the custard off the wrappings in order to enjoy it.
>After a few minutes of listening to Diamond and Tex happily munching away at their food, you realize one particular voice is absent - Cutie Swirl. And that's when you notice he's just sort of sitting there, looking at his gold nugget.
>Oh crap, you never packed a lunch for Cutie!
>He's got to be starving like the rest of you, though he's clearly not said anything about it. He doesn't even have that sort of longful hungry puppy look about him.

Input action.
>>
>>25920748
Give that boy our lunch, we can go without.
>>
>>25920748
Feed him a piece of Pot for lunch
Give him our quiche?
>>
>>25920767
>>25920766
agreed he needs it more
>>
>>25920766
No, this is the QM baiting us.
Don't do it.
Don't be the Element of Generosity.
See how he reacts.
>>
>>25920748
Give that poor boy anything we've got left!
>>
Insert Gay Joke Here
>>
>>25920800
Insert Orgy here.Really, stuck in a mine with 3 other males and no food.Cutie has to get fed somehow.

Does Prism have any lunch?
>>
>>25920820
He will be fine he knows the location of the ruin now and he can probably tele back and forth with that knowledge.
>>
>>25920820
Prism already said he can conjure disgusting but edible food on demand.
>>
>>25920767
>>25920778

>You don't want to draw much attention to it, so you quietly get up and trot over to take a seat next to Cutie Swirl.
"Don't tell me the baker forgot to bring something to eat," you remark with a quiet chuckle.
>"Hm? What...I um, no...I didn't forget," Cutie replies, looking a bit sheepish. "Well, okay, maybe I did sort of forget. I guess I just got too excited about going to the mine with you that I forgot."
>You slide over the quiche to him.
"Eat up, Cutie, before you pass out from hunger and we've got to carry you out."
>"T-thank you, Pot," Cutie says as he takes the quiche and starts nibbling on it. He blushes a bit, realizing that you're watching him eat, not that that's an unusual thing for a chef to do. Sort of habit, really. "Hey Pot...um, thanks for letting me come along. It's actually been kinda fun. A bit scary at times, but...fun."
>The pegasus glances over to where Diamond and Tex are, noticing that they're a bit of a distance off and busy with their lunches. Cutie then leans over slightly, resting his head against your shoulder, smiling bashfully now.

Input action.
>>
>>25921044
Hug the QT and tell him we're glad he's enjoying himself.
>>
>>25921044
"I plan on going to Oats tomorrow morning if you want to come along"

That is if everyone wants to?
>>
>>25921044
back to mining or home depending on time of course
>>
>>25921053
Yep
>>
>>25921060
nothing against it

>>25921053
>>25921075
these
>>
>>25921044
Throw a hoof around his shoulders and let him nuzzle in, pet his mane. He probably needs some comfort after all the scares.

And who knows, maybe Tex will gather up Diamond and give him a good petting too!
>>
>>25921060
I'm fine with it, sure.
>>
>>25921133
I think we should put a leash on him
>>
>You rest your hoof around Cutie's shoulder, hugging him close against you. He gives a quiet, contented murmur, almost like a purr, as he nestles against you, nuzzling into the crook of your neck. You can see him blushing quite a bit now, though he's trying to hide his bashfulness by burying his face against you.
"I'm glad you're having a good time, Cutie. It's been been fun having you here...and you're always welcome to tag in on any of my crazy little escapades."
>"I'd like that...well, except when they're really dangerous..." he replies. "You don't think my butts too big, do you?" he asks out of the blue.
"You have an adorable rump, Cutie. Ain't no shame in it," you chuckle back.
>He blushes and giggles, then gets back to eating the rest of the quiche.
"I'm planning to head down to Honey Oat's farm tomorrow. Do you want to join in on that?"
>"Oh? Hm...um, well...I'll have to see how my schedule looks tomorrow. That might be fun," he replies.
>Your party finishes off the rest of their hearty lunches and feel invigorated.

Explore elsewhere in the tunnel or continue digging here? You can probably squeeze one or two more digs in before your half-day is over.
>>
>>25921247
We got two digs left in us? Sweet! OK since Diamond did key in on this spot, let's give it hell one more time, then move for the last one.
>>
>>25921276
100% agreed
>>
>>25921247
Use the butt pot
>>
>>25921276
This
>>
>>25921247
Time to make some treasure
>>
>"You two lovebirds done canoodling yet?" Diamond's voice calls out to you.
>Cutie immediately stiffens up, pulling away from you and trying his best to act like nothing was transpiring...which is difficult when your face is as red as a tomato.
>You just have a good laugh as you get up and give Cutie a little nudge.
"Come on, let's get back to work - daylight's wasting."
>You return to your work, hacking away at the dig site in unison, like a well-oiled machine. Sadly, it seems that you've dug out most of the good stuff in this corner of the mine. Neither you nor Tex manage to come up with anything.
>Diamond manages to pry himself another nice hunk of gemstones, to which he grins brightly.
>"Ha! How do you like them apples?" he says boastfully, showing off his prize.
>"Awww, my rock only has these crummy little gems..." Cutie says, holding up his chunk of rock.
>Diamond takes a quick peak at it, then gives Cutie Swirl a quizzical stare.
>"Kid, those are buckin' diamonds you're holding," he informs him. "Are you sure you've not done this before?"
>Cutie Swirl nods. "Is...is this a good thing?" he asks.

You've acquired:
Gemstones (x1)
Diamond (x1)

Input Action
>>
>>25921293
Dig Diamond's butt?
>>
Keep on moving, look for more spots, give Cutie a hug.
>>
>>25921419
GOOD GOING QT, doing good now lets find our last digging spot and rap things up.
>>
>>25921419
This adventure is turning out well
>>
>>25921419
Let cutie find a place his got the luck
>>
>>25921478
Get Tex to throw the pickaxe at a random wall, wherever it sticks, is where we dig
>>
"Ha! Way to go Cutie!" you compliment your friend, giving him a firm on the pat on the back.
>"Th-thanks you guys," he stammers back, burning up in embarrassment from all the attention.
"I say we let Cutie pick the next spot. He seems to have a good knack for this," you suggest.
>There's a round of nods in agreement. Cutie looks a little unsure but he decides to go along with it, taking the lead as you head down the tunnel. Though he's quite eager to keep pleasing, so he carefully heads along.
>"Let's try...this way. I've got a good feeling about this," he says as he leads you down the next turn in the tunnel.
>However, he takes about five steps down that tunnel when he suddenly discovers it goes downhill really suddenly. The pegasus loses his foot, lets out a distress squeak, and then tumbles down the slope, picking up speed as he goes along. At the bottom, the ground slopes up slightly, creating a sort of natural ramp that Cutie Swirl manages to hit dead on, launching the pegasus airborne, disappearing into the darkness.
>The rest of you, spurred by concern, carefully climb down the slope.
>You eventually find your colleague, thankfully unharmed, but he appears to have become lodged in crevice in the wall. All you see is the baker's plump little backside sticking out of the opening, legs wiggling in distress.
>"Guuuuuys...a little help!" he shouts, continuing to kick his legs uselessly.

Input Action.
>>
>>25921543
>There aren't spiders or anything inside, is there?

Grab onto Cutie's rear, Diamond grabs Pot's and Tex holds Diamond. We might have to lubricate the crevice so he doesn't get any friction burns
>>
>>25921556
Kek that mate lets all work together on this
>>
>>25921543
Is that the spot bucko
>>
>>25921556
This + mine there
>>
>>25921543
"You do know you are are Pegasus right, I'm not saying you can fly off it but you can slow yourself down so you don't crash"
>>
>>25921543

Ask Cutie to look around inside the crevice to see if it's got any treasure type stuff in it, while he's in there.

Cutie's ass sticking out of the wall? Is that the setup of the century or what?

Ah well, regardless it'd be a tad out of character to exploit the situation further. If his weight is wedging him into the crevice and he fell down it from above, it may be necessary for Pot to get down under his groin (terrible, I know) and hoist him up by his belly as Diamond and/or Tex pull his legs, while Pot lifts him vertically, so that his ribcage can clear the narrowing bottom of the crevice. If that's not how he got stuck, well, adjust rescuer locations as necessary to make it work.
>>
>>25921693
> Alright lads we each grab a leg
> "THATS NOT A LEG"
"Well it looked like one to me"
>>
test
>>
Well I'm going to bed as I'm sure everyone else has, to bad our session got post blocked.
>>
>>25921854

Yeah, pretty sure anybody who had been here went off to do other things hours ago. I sure did.
>>
File: 1408857072195.png (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408857072195.png
149KB, 640x480px
>Be a part of early JAD shenanigans
>Go on holiday for two months
>Come back and work
>Christmas preparations
>Just finally finished catching up

minotaurs, cats, a romp with a gay baker and white wine, sundance dancing and a fight with a norse barbarian. also a zebra and a fuckin' element of harmony and an encounter with Celestia's sweet naked water-drenched form.

having finally, FINALLY caught up, I can say with authority;

>Grab that baker by the legs and pull!
>>
File: 1418892403658.jpg (112KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1418892403658.jpg
112KB, 1024x1024px
will bumps work or is thread kill?
>>
>>25922303

Why would thread be kill?
>>
>Pot goes to inspect the crevice.
>Has to bend over, giving Diamond and Tex behind him the full view of two of the finest butts in town.
>>
>>25924212
>>
File: 1451020282642.png (358KB, 1007x746px) Image search: [Google]
1451020282642.png
358KB, 1007x746px
Just realized I miscolored a leg.
>>
>>25925161
Noice pic to wake up to
>>
>>25922138
I salute that.

>>25925161
Wispy is the cutest thing of all time.
>>
>>25925161
maybe we should give her that black sword, kids should have mysterious evil swords right?
>>
File: 1403309206754.jpg (49KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
1403309206754.jpg
49KB, 427x300px
>>25925161
White wine looks like she approves of us being a father. She's got the biggest 'daww' face on her.

This is the cutest thing I've seen in ages.
>>
>>25925161
The amount of love that girl gets and the strength she has wouldn't surprise me if she carried us into the air.
>>
File: 1284269734799.gif (198KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1284269734799.gif
198KB, 300x237px
>>25925161
Mares like single responsible stallions right? Ones with foals, too?

no wonder we're drowning in copulation, as Ember put it
>>
File: 1388283504394.gif (1016KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1388283504394.gif
1016KB, 245x184px
>>25925161
>>
>>25927249
>>
You spin me right right round
>>
>>25928965
>>
It's late but we can start a session if there's still some people around.
>>
>>25921543
It'd be criminal not to give that rump a spank.
>>
>>25930036
i'm here
>>
>>25930036
Sup
>>
>>25930036
I'm all for it.

>>25930045
This please.
>>
>>25930036
lurkin
>>
>Diamond can't help but snicker a little bit after seeing Cutie's predictament. "You okay in there, sport?" he asks, leaning against the wall next to the stuck pegasus.
>"Y-yeah, I'm okay. I'm just...it's a little awkward in here. I...I can't quite the leverage to push out. C-could you pull me out please?"
"We'll get you out of there, Cutie, don't you fret."
>You give the pegasus a reassuring pat on his butt, which makes him kick his legs about again.
>"This is so embarrassing..." Cutie groans.
>The three of you take quick stock of the situation. He's not wedged in tight, thankfully, so extricating shouldn't be too difficult or risky.
"Okay Diamond, you grab one leg and I'll grab the other," you instruct.
>You each grab a hold of a pegasus thigh and give a tug in unison.
>"Owowowow! Not like that!" Cutie yelps almsot instantly. You quickly stop your attempt. "I...I think my wings are a little snagged. Just...just don't pull me straight out."
"Okay, I'm going to get underneath and push up a bit, and Diamond and Tex will pull," you suggest.
>You shift underneath your friend and rest your hooves in preparation to push up. Unfortunately, with how much of the pegasus is stuck in the rock, your pushing up rather low on his body...and Cutie notices where your hooves are quite readily.
>"H-hey! Don't...don't push there" he whines.
>You ignore his protests, though, pushing upwards with your hooves while your friends pulled on the legs. After some grunting a bit more wiggling, the pegasus pops free. He quickly gets back to his hooves, shaking off the dust and giving his wings a stretch.
>"Well on the bright side, your lucky butt managed to find a pretty decent place to dig," Diamond comments.

Input action.
>>
>>25930211
Give the lucky butt a light smack and proclaim it the best butt in Ponyville.
>>
>>25930211
>>25930228
>>
>>25930211
>Look in hole
"Thats a big hole, Maybe we should use your head instead of the pick axes"
>>
>>25930228
Sounds like a plan.
>>
>>25930211
Ether dig her or fine somewhere else cutie wants
>>
>>25930228
I like to think Pots running for that title
>>
>>25930292
Pot's butt is the one that's lucky. Its even got a clover on it!
Cutie isn't going to take that place from us!
>>
>>25930381
true dat
>>
>>25930292
>>25930381

>Hey! What about my butt?
>>
>>25930228
Pot's butt is jealous of QT's
>>
>>25930211
Cutie found it, and Diamond blessed it. This is a good spot to dig! Let's get to it!
>>
"Well somepony has the luckiest butt in all of Ponyville," you chuckle as you give Cutie a congratulatory pat on the shoulder, followed by a firmer slap on his behind.
>Cutie lets out a loud 'meep,' with his wings springing out with enough force to almost push you aside.
>"Guess the Pot Luck caboose has a little competition," Diamond chimes in, laughing boisterously. "What do you think Tex? Which of the two do you think has the better, luckier butt?"
>"Hey, leave me out of this. Far as I'm concerned, you're all far too scrawny. I prefer my behinds to be big and moo-tiful, if you know what I mean."
>"I can dig it," the miner replies.
>Once you all work the butt jokes out of your system, you grab your picks and set to work.
>"I got a good feeling about this," Tex says as he hammers away at the wall. The past failings of the previous digs motivates him to work faster and harder than the rest of you. "Gonna bring back a nice big piece of gold for August...ooo, or maybe some diamonds. I'm sure she'd like those."
>His pick strikes at the wall, taking out big chunks with each blow. Suddenly, there's a more 'hollow' crunch underneath the pick and then a large section of the wall suddenly crumbles apart, opening up a new tunnel.
>This might've been a more momentous occasion except on the other side of the now-crumbled rock wall was a trio of large diamond dogs, who you suspect had been digging on the otherside. The two groups exchange glances, but it doesn't take long for the diamond dogs to notice the big chunks of ores and gems you've collected.
>They give you big, toothy grins.
>"Get the pony gems!"

Input action.
>>
>>25930581
Scream loudly. Hide behind larger miner and minotaur combo.
>>
>>25930581
Shields up
>>
>>25930581
Cutie lost his butt powers it seems.

Hightail it out of there.
>>
>>25930581
ACTIVATE CUTIE SPECIAL ABILITY:
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH
>>
>>25930581
I wonder if they even noticed the huge cowman

"Goods sir I don't suppose we can go our separate ways"
>>
>>25930581
Have tex slap them around and take their stuff
>>
>>25930581
Hand diamond the sword and Tex has got his spear. Cutie can just hide behind us and now everyone is armed.
>>
>>25930581
Suggest they trade useless metal for gems instead.
>>
>>25930581
Throw the pickaxe
>>
>>25930581
Shield up! Grab sword out of inventory, offer it to Diamond if he wants it, otherwise equip it! Tex can no doubt use that pick better than a sword anyhow.

If in fact the sword is too heavy for us to swing, revert to pick.

Address the dogs. "Diamond dogs! If you try to take our stuff, we WILL attack you and hurt you VERY BADLY! Best just back away from us slow, and go your own way! Leave us alone and we'll leave you alone too, OK?"
>>
>>25930581
roll d20 to make a spot check on stuff
>>
>>25930661
>You glance at cuties plot
>You gain an eyeful of stuff
>>
>>25930685
>Pot and Cutie show their stuff
>Diamond dogs too busy staring to bother robbing them
>Bones get buried
>>
>>25930745
lol, a dog and their bone alright
>>
>>25930745
H-hot
>>
"Holy buck!" you yelp as you drop your pick and jump back.
>Cutie Swirl doesn't waste any time in letting out a terrified shriek and bolting the opposite direction as fast as his wings will carry him. Well, he is just a baker, so you can't exactly expect stalwart courage from him...
"Diamond, catch!" you call out as you reach into your gear and take out the sword.
>You toss the sword over to him, and then take out your own shield and brace yourself behind it. Tex doesn't waste time in pulling out his new, albeit damaged, crystal-tipped spear. Even if it wasn't in fighting form, it's not like the diamond dogs can tell from a casual glance.
>"You might want to rethink that idea," Tex warns.
>The diamond dogs must've been attracted to all the noise of the digging and Cutie's crash, but rather than finding some unsuspecting miners, they got a trio of well-armed individuals, including a minotaur. It doesn't take long for the diamond dogs to realize that this is far more than they bargained for.
>"Stupid ponies bringing own monster!" one of the dogs bark. "Bah! Too much work. Go elsewhere!"
>The Diamond Dogs beat a hasty retreat back down their tunnel, disappearing into the darkness.
>"You stupid mutts! I'm not a monster, I'M A MINOTAUR!!!!"

Well, that dig wound up a bust. Now you're tired and didn't even get anything out of it. Input action?
>>
>>25930834
Time to call it and hand in our goods.
>>
>>25930834
I think I'm calling it. Lets go home and make dat sweet loot.
>>
>>25930834
Diamond dogs like Gems, they might pass over metals in their excitement. Have Tex and Diamond check down their tunnel a bit while we retrieve Cutie.
>>
>>25930834
Are we out of time? I'd rest up and give it one more shot if not.

And if ever there was a time for a "my heros" hug on Diamond and another for Tex's, well, midsection, it's now. Then a bit of Cutie calming.

If we're outta time after all, let's split.
>>
>>25930834
Well we're all hot and sweaty already, and I'm sure everyone could use some stress relief so....
Ice cream
And other things too, of course
>>
>>25930834
Well lets go to August for her dress or Silver to trade those weapons.
>>
"Haha! Nice going you two!" you exclaim, giving your two far-more-menacing friends a congratulatory hug.
>"I think Tex is more the one who sealed the deal," Diamond replies. "Way to go, big guy."
>"Just doing what I do best, apparently," Tex replies with a shrug. "Just glad that didn't actually turn into a fight."
>You take quick stock to make everything is where it's supposed to be, and that's when you all realize that Cutie Swirl seems to have run off a bit further than expected.
"Why don't you two start making your way back to the lift, and I'll find Cutie," you suggest.
>"Just don't take too long with the rescue," Diamond says with a playful smirk. He and Tex head off back towards the lift, while you head off in the direction you last saw Cutie Swirl.
"Cutie~ Where are you?" you call out as you trek down the darken tunnel.
>"P-Pot?" you hear a voice whimper back. You follow the echo until you find the little pegasus, huddled in a corner. The fear in his face quickly drains away upon seeing you. "Pot!" he exclaims, running up and quickly hugging you. "I-I'm sorry I ran...I didn't mean to abandon you guys...I-I just got scared and I...I..."
>He whimpers and buries his muzzle into your chest.

Input action.
>>
>>25931005
"Its alright I don't blame you, come on lets go meet up with the others and go home"
>>
>>25931005
Pat him on the back and continue to hold him until he calms down some. It's perfectly understandable that he ran. Much like us he's not a fighter.
>>
>>25931021
>>25931013
these
>>
>>25931005
"It's OK, Cutie. I'm glad you got out of there, it could have gotten rough. If you've got all your stuff, let's head topside, I think we've had enough adventure for now."
>>
>>25931005
Lets find out how much moneyz we got
>>
>You keep your hooves around Cutie, holding him close to you until he begins to gradually calm down. Little by little, his anxious wheezing turns into a slow and steady rhythm, a quiet comfortable murr as he nuzzles into the fur of your chest.
"It's okay Cutie, nobody's blaming you for anything. We're just happy your safe," you reassure him with soft whispers and pats on the back.
>Eventually feels well enough to pull back, wiping a few tears from his eyes as he smiles up to you.
>"Th-thanks, Pot," he replies. "Heh...g-guess my butt isn't all that lucky after all."
"It might not be as lucky as mine, but it's still an adorable booty," you reply, chuckling as you give his flank a little slap.
>He squeaks, but giggles afterwards.
>Now that he's calm, you and Cutie Swirl head back to join the others at the lift. Together, you ascend back up to the main camp to see what you can do with all the ore you've gathered together.
>You head to office where a stallion weighs and evaluates all the ore you brought in.

Your group has earned a total of 535 bits for all the ore brought in, or 133.75 bits per miner.

Input action.
>>
>>25931170
"Hey Tex we should give our weapons to Silver and then head over to August at Satins and see how shes doing"
>>
>>25931183
i wanna tell august we got a hug from a slime
>>
>>25931183
I guess we could tell the others to come by later to get their split as im sure they got things to do.
>>
>>25931183
We should suggest letting Silver study them non-destructively as Silver getting better at metallurgy benefits everyone. Or sell it to her. Telling Tex to give away an item he's earned is presumptuous.
>>
>>25931209
Yeah I was thinking the same, he would rather get paid but I would of been fine giving it away to her. Maybe ask Tex?
>>
>>25931170
Walk out of the place with your group, tell 'em to stop by for dinner later and we'll hook 'em up good. We need to do this again now and then, this rocked. Then head over to Silvers, see if our sword can be reforged into something for us and Wispy (rapier for us, mini gladius for Wispy, maybe even a dagger as a gift to Azura or Sundance and some left over for her to experiment with?)
>>
>>25931170
I think if anyone wants to keep anything they found that's fine, though if it's expensive enough maybe it should be deducted from their cut.
>>
>>25931222
I'm not sure about getting pot a real weapon, we are a pretty pacifist kind of guy.

But we could give Azura or Sundance a dagger out of it and let her keep the rest.
>>
>>25931218
Agreed ask if he wants to give them away and be mr noice pot.
>>
File: VaultBoy.jpg (71KB, 837x591px) Image search: [Google]
VaultBoy.jpg
71KB, 837x591px
>>25931232
Being a pacifist is fine, but not keeping a "gun" in the nightstand in case of robbers is just retarded. He needs a weapon of some kind. A rapier is a light, finesse type weapon, perfect for Pot.
>>
>>25931218
>>25931244
Make sure to sell it with her skills increasing is beneficial for the farm.
>>
>>25931255
Our inn and Ponyville itself get attacked by everything at all times, and you guys want to SELL the coolest sword for a hundred miles? NO! I _FORBID_ it, it SHALL NOT BE SO!

Seriously though, that's fucking retarded. Get it made into some awesome magic weapons for us and friends. Silver can still "skill up" on the remaining metal left over and from the forging.
>>
>>25931267
That reply chain didn't say shit about the sword.
>>
>>25931267
Does Sudance even have a weapon? Just give it to her she is our guardian angle anyway. But I would rather donate it to silver.
>>
>>25931275
"give silver our weapons" etc, "sell it to her", etc.
>>25931281
If Sundance woud be interested in using our sword to defend the inn, that'd be fine too. Though I hate to deprive Wispy of a magic gladius.
>>
>>25931299
wispy already has a training sword but she needs real training before she gets anything dangerous.
>>
>>25931305
OK well I'm fine with letting Sundance use our sword.

But Silver's a bitch to begin with and since the reason to up her skills is to get cooler weaponry, we'd want to get better weaponry made from awesome magic sword, right? Just selling her the sword with no guaranteed benefit is utterly dumb.

And Wispy, remember, isn't REALLY all that young. It won't take her long to get good with that practice sword. Let's have something nice to replace it with, not a more skillful but bitchy smith that MIGHT hammer us something out of inferior metal later.

This could be Sombra's sword we're dealing with here, I'm sure it's utterly bad-ass and not to be wasted.
>>
How about this then?

We hold onto the sword for now, maybe let Sundance take a look at it. She's the history buff, so if its important, she'd probably recognize it. We can always make a deal with Silver at a later date.

As for weapons, I agree Wispy should move onto a real weapon, and Pot should get something more than his shield for self defence.
Pot should get something light, easy to use and practical. someone mentioned a rapier, but any blade is going to require a little training to use properly.(and Pot isn't the most agile to take advantage of its light weight) I suggest something with slightly more weight. Like a sabre. An axe or maybe even a dagger could work too.
>>
>You quickly divide the money up amongst each other.
"Well, made a decent enough profit from that. Could've gone better," you remark. "But I guess the ruins kind of took up a lot of time, not that this kick-ass sword doesn't make up for it."
>"This is going on the mantle over the fireplace," Tex remarks, admiring his new recovered spear.
>"You folks have fun with your earnings," Diamond says as he stops and turns about. "Course some of us mine for a living, so I'm going to head back in and earn more bits."
"Don't have too much fun," you wave back. "Be sure to come by the inn when you're done. This deserves a celebration."
>There's a round of agreements before Diamond heads back to the mines while you, Tex, and Cutie start trekking back towards Ponyville.
"I think I'm going to at least take this over to Silver Ingot and see what she thinks."
>"Just be careful. She can get...excited around stuff like that," Tex warns.
>"I'm going to head back to the bakery," Cutie says. "Hopefully mom didn't have too much trouble running things with me gone. I'll...uh, I'll come by the inn after work."
>That just leaves you and Tex.
>"I'm going to the market and see if I can find August," Tex announces.
"I'll try to catch up after I see Silver. I want to see want August's got for herself."

(1/2)
>>
>>25931422

>You hope that Silver's in a slightly better mood this time around. When you arrive at her workshop, you can hear the pounding of metal in the backdrop, but no immediate sign of the pegasus.
"Silver, are you in?" you call out. "It's Pot Luck, I--"
>"What the crap are you doing here already? I told you the suit would take a few days!" Silver shouts back from somewhere in the back of the workshop. "You realize that bugging me to see if it's done just makes the work take longer?"
>Thankfully, since she's in the backroom she can't see you as you roll your eyes and groan under your breath.
"No, it's not about the suit. It's something else," you reply. "I got something to show you that I'm told might interest you."
>You can hear the pegasus groan but eventually she drags herself out to the front to see what all the commotion is about.
>Smiling to yourself, you promptly take out the sword and hold it aloft. That's when the blacksmith's expression did a complete 180. The pegasus suddenly bolts over, bumping you out of the way with such force that you're knocked into the nearby wall, while Silver catche the sword in her hooves.
>"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" she blurts out, holding the weapon in her hooves now. "Isthisreallyeboniteohmygoshitreallyis! How in blazes did your stupid butt get this?! Never mind, I don't give a shit! How much?! Name your price! I'll even give you my first born if you want it!"

Input action.
>>
>>25931400
Sure, fine! But whatever us and Wispy upgrade to, should be made out of Awesome Magic Sword, right? Not some rusty trailer hitch she skillfully reforged?

Unless of course Silver just studied the magic sword, maybe shaved a few filings off while sharpening it for research and handed it back improved but also being beneficial to her... And we then present it to Sundance for better inn-defense.

Selling/donating/otherwise removing an ancient magical sword from our possession/premises would make me hate everyone responsible unto the depths of the Slore.

Heck we haven't even walloped a tree with it to see what or if any enchantment it has, yet! It's gotta be special, it's made out of mega-crystal-metal.
>>
>>25931427
I want that first born
>>
>>25931427
"The sword is mine, I discovered it in a chamber I opened while mining. I don't intend to sell it, but I would be very happy to have you sharpen it up and, if you like, you can run all the tests you like on the grindings left over, and study the blade itself for a while."
>>
>>25931433
We should tell her what we know and ask what she knows about it before anything.

"What if I told you this was in an underground bunker cut of from the world. A bunker that was attack directly from Sombra himself and that this may or may not be his sword. Can you tell me what you know about it?"
>>
>>25931427
Quick to change her opinion if its Crystal Empire stuff isn't she?

Ask what she wants to do with it first. If we are going to let her have it, its going to be after we know exactly what it is.

And now that we have her attention, tell her she needs to calm down some. Not everyone is out for her blood, Pot has enough trouble trying to take care of himself
>>
>>25931464
She recognized it immediately, it probably IS Sombra's Sword.

We do need her to tell us it's story and what she knows of it's properties, hopefully she gets chatty.
>>
>>25931471
Yeah I would also like to know
>>
>>25931478
Agreed and a direct price on the thing would be good. If we do plan on giving it way as a gift to whoever we might as well know how nice of a guy we are.
>>
>>25931471
Seriously, why in Equestria would we "let her have it" under any circumstances? Unless of course it gives the bearer crystal herpes or makes them murder folks at random, of course.

But "let her have it" is Right. Out.

At the very least, we get all the free forged metal shit we ever want, forever, for it. And that's only if it's cursed too bad to safely have under the same roof, otherwise I want our inn under it's protection!
>>
>>25931478
>>25931497
Given the name I'm less inclined to believe it's Sombra's sword and more that it's made of a specific material. Regardless, I'd also like info about the sword.
>>
>>25931509
Its ether that or some elite guard.
>>
>>25931527
I doubt the elite guard committed sepuuku. That's Sombra's sword, the evidence shown in the playback nearly proves it.
>>
"Answers my question about whether you know what it is or not," you remark.
>"HOW MUCH?!" she repeats, flying up to you.
"I don't think I'm going to sell it," you explain, which promptly makes her expression turn to that of heartbreak. "Just...I'd like to know a bit more about this sword before I make a decision."
>"Oh, right...you wouldn't know much about it, would you?" Silver replies. With the initial excitement slowly winding down. "Ebonite dates back to the Crystal Empire. They had a real crystal fetish...made almost everything important out of it. And with good reason, they could make crystals into really versatile materials. But crystal weapon has a slight problem, it's not a metal so it's really hard to work with. Ebonite, scholars believe, was an attemp to make a more practical material. What they really got, though, was the best thing since the advent of iron weapons. Ebonite is like...like a metal-crystal hybrid, it's incredible durable but was much easier to work with and...well...let me show you."
>The pegasus sets the sword down for a second and flies off to her workshop. She comes back a few moments later carrying a small iron anvil with her. She sets the anvil on the counter and then grabs the sword again, placing it edge down along the top of the anvil.
>With one quick motion, the pegaus just pushes down on the blade slightly and then pulls it back, slicing it across the anvil's surace. In it's wake is an inch-deep grove in the anvil.
>"Now imagine what it can do when it's being swung by somepony with some muscle," she says. "Shame that nopony can figure out how to re-create the stuff. The Royal Academy in Canterlot has got, like, a dozen recovered weapons from over the last few centuries and they still can't figure out squat."
"Any idea who this might've belonged to?"
>"Not a clue. Somebody important though - according to the scholars, only the elite guard of Sombra's army were given these weapons."

Input action.
>>
>>25931596
I vote we ether give it to her, her business was destroyed and she might be able to bring it back to life with this.
>>
>>25931611
Unlikely if she can't recreate it. How about this, ask her if she thinks she can recreate it or an imitation. If she can, we get a cut of all future profit that she gets as a result of it. If giving it to her doesn't result in anything we might as well keep it instead.
>>
>>25931596
Ask her what she'd do with it if we sold it to her.
>>
>>25931611
Sundance can have it but

>>25931623
If she can build her dream give it to her but if not and give it to Sundance.
>>
>>25931596
"Well I was going to leave it with you to have it sharpened, but obviously it's doing quite well for itself. Tell you what. I'll leave it with you for a week or two for study while I think about what to do with it. You, think up a price you'd pay for it. We'll talk more about it while you finish up Wispy's armor, OK?"

Now here's what we know about Ebonite. Sombra deflected a killshot blast, presumably off his ebonite armor. So we can parry magic fireballs etc with it. Plus it'll cleave steel armor, so armored angry barbarians would no longer be able to terrorize our inn provided someone there wielded it, rather than having their ass kicked.

I say we let the angry little wench study it for a discount on future and present services, then give it to Sundance.

I don't give a flying turd about 'rebuilding her business', she's thrown us headlong into the wall twice now, Mr. Give It To The Poor Blacksmith Because She's Cute And Small Anon!

I want that damn thing protecting our inn and loved ones.
>>
>>25931639
Why do you hate her so much? I think shes cute.
>>
>>25931611
How would that revive her business though? A steady stream of customers will always earn more than a bunch of buts given enough time.
But if we have to trade it, I'd trade it for favours.

I say we continue the questions. We know what it a made of, who it probably belonged to but now I want to know what she would do with it.
Since no one's made any progress recreating the material, I think Silver is just going to use it as a collector's item. I'd only really agree with giving her the sword if she had a chance of reverse engineering it.

I still want Sundance to have a look at it though.
>>
>>25931644
Sure she's cute, and small. And cute. And a huge bitch! She keeps kicking our ass! She doesn't give one single fuck about us! Here we got one of the 13 best swords in the entire land and somebody wants to give it away? Oh hell no. And especially not to a bitchy little blacksmith.
>>
>>25931652
100% Agree with that, if she can recreate it give it away and be BFFs if not Sunny Cut instead of Smash.
>>
>>25931639
Basically my position.
>>
>>25931596
So the thing is priceless
>>
>>25931670
Yeah. In fact I worry about leaving it with her for any length of time- She might just close up shop and run away with it!
>>
I still want to ask her why she's got such a huge stick up her ass, and why Pot has any reason to be as mean as she thinks we are
>>
How about this, if she can recreate it we ask for a weapon on behalf of sundance when she can? Like some kick ass broad sword.
>>
>>25931719
Clearly it should be a might Strap-on
>>
>>25931719
Is she can recreate it, we're in for a cut, so to speak. We need, say, 14% and come down to 9 on derivative tech from this sword. And the original always remains ours.

Remember, if this tech gets loose, all weapons and armor will need to be made from it as it renders ALL others useless. This means that our little company has to produce ALL the land's armor and weps while protecting it's tech from competitors, if she can do this.
>>
"So...it's more or less kinda priceless?" you reply.
>"Well, yes...that would be a good way to describe it," Silver replies, realizing that in terms of negotiation she's shooting herself in the hoof. If she had been hoping to get it for a good price, that hope is long gone at this point. Not that you intend to take her to the bank over this sword - you're not the greedy type.
"Hypothetically speaking, what would your plans be if you did acquire this item?"
>"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure...I always dreamed of getting my hooves on one, but it had always been that - a dream. With something this precious, I'd be scared to screw something up."
"What, in theory, could you do with it?"
>"I'd probably forge it into something nicer. For how great the material is, whatever smithing created this weapon has no goddamn imagination whatsoever. It's like...serving a beautiful cake on a slab of granite."
>That suggestion gives you a slight idea.
"Would you be able to reforge it into something else for me?"
>"Y-you'd let me do that? Are...are you sure?" Silver replies, staring at you in a bit of disbelief. "I...I could screw it up...ruin it even."
>You give her a reassuring smile.
"I have faith in your abilities."
>"O-okay, um...what would you like? It's a clever so there's a lot of metal to give it weight. I could probably forge a couple of things out of it."

Select from the following (or suggest something I've missed). Maximum of 8pts.
Rapier - 3pts
Longsword - 7pts
Short sword - 4pts
Dagger - 1pt
Large Axehead - 6pts
Small Axehead - 2pts
Spearhead - 1pt
Saber - 6pts
>>
>>25931776
Well its going to Sundance so maybe we should ask her?
>>
>>25931776
I see Pot as a lightly built but well-balanced guy, I maintain that a rapier would be a good weapon for him. Wispy could use the short sword, as could Sundance or even us in a pinch. And Azura would no doubt love a dagger.

So Rapier, Short Sword, Dagger.
>>
>>25931776
Ask for a long sword for Sundance and a dagger for Azura or our self.
>>
>>25931795
Daggers suck for guys that tend to hide behind their shield alot, though. Besides, what of poor Wispy??
>>
>>25931801
We should focus on the best weapon for sundance because shes going to be the main one to use it.
>>
>>25931795
Second and give to azzy
>>
>>25931776
So does this mean we can have it forged into multiple weapons, as long as the total is 8?

I'd choose Short sword + Rapier + Dagger/spearhead
or Saber/Large axe + small axe
>>
>>25931789
Pots better off with a cheaper sword in my opinion. We can't fight at all or use one and would be wasted on us.
>>
>>25931816
Rapiers are pointy steel rods, you poke holes with them like spearing olives off a plate with a toothpick. I'm sure he'd cope.

Plus it would give him the range to strike from behind his shield.
>>
>>25931827
If anything we should have a spear with our shield
>>
>>25931795
Yes to long sword it's clearly the best weapon
>>
>>25931795
The LongSword is the only thing Sundance would use so I guess.
>>
>>25931832
Crossed short spears on our shield on the wall WOULD look pretty rad... Plus be useful. OK I could go for this.

OK so short sword, 2, 6' handle spears, 2 daggers?
>>
>>25931776
Long sword + dagger. There's absolutely no reason for Pot to have such a high quality weapon or for Wispy to have a serious weapon yet.
>>
>>25931854
Agreed to that
>>
>>25931854
>>25931795
"Can I get the LS engraved"
>"Sure what would you like on it"
"You should see my Friend Pot Lucks Sword"
>>
>>25931854
Wispy's doing our deliveries in dangerous neighborhoods, douche-mo-tron. And it's Pot's sword to begin with, Pot needs a good wep.

Short sword for Wispy, 2 spears for us, dagger each for Sundance and Azzy.
>>
>>25931871
She has a practice sword to swing at people so she will be fine.
>>
>>25931837
>>25931839
Taking the long sword limits the number of weapons we get though. I'd prefer we get as many weapons as possible, a material like that shouldn't be wasted.
Besides, Sundance would probably need both arms to use it, what if she gets injured on one side again? She might be strong enough to use it with one, I suppose.

I would rather have something like >>25931812, or >>25931840.
More weapons is always better
>>
>>25931879
But the only ones who need them are Sundance and Azura.

Azura is a magic user so a dagger for when she needs it.

Sundance with a big sword to destroy all.
>>
>>25931871
>Pot
Already addressed, see the post you replied to.

>Wispy
Goes back to the quality argument and an abject lack of training she'd need before being allowed to have it anyway.
>>
Hoy boy...this might get tricky to get a consensus on...
>>
>>25931903
Training. When you have a sword that cleaves through steel. C'mon man.

Wispy is on the job doing dangerous work, she needs a good wep. And our inn is under constant attack, WE need good weps. Plus crossed spears is to adventury-looking for words, it's good for advertising and atomsphere as well.

Sundance and Azzy get the short end, but daggers are better than nothing- Plus they'd penetrate armor so when thrown, basically bullets.
>>
>>25931910
LS/D
>>
>>25931910
Long sword all the way
>>
>>25931910
Coin flip?
Longsword + Dagger on heads
Multiple weapons on tails

Then if it lands tails we get to discuss argue about which ones to get
>>
File: TorchPitchfork.gif (606KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
TorchPitchfork.gif
606KB, 500x281px
>>25931910
Yup this could take days, InnKeeper!
>>
>>25931916
But wispy could use a simple iron dagger and get the same effect. Azzura and Sundance are the ones protecting our place so they should be Number one on that list.
>>
I don't know why people are arguing over the longsword, wispy is literally strong enough to wield it as well.
>>
>>25931933
A simple iron dagger doesn't go through armor like a magic sword does. C'mon.

Wispy delivers down the MINES for goodness sakes, not to mention all over ponyville. She needs a good, small sword!
>>
>>25931916
Sharp swords doesn't mean shit if you stick it through your hoof. I sure as hell wouldn't trust myself to fuck around with a lightsaber without a bit of training.

>good weps
Sure. We don't need super weapons when they'd be better used elsewhere.

I'm not actually particular on whether Azura or Wispy (eventually) gets the dagger actually, I'm banking on Sundance with a longsword providing dividends in the future. Give it to her as a gift along with "Take it. Just remember me when you come across stuff while adventuring". Azura's both incompetent and self-centered, so her getting the dagger is a longer bet on getting a return on investment.

>>25931910
LS/D
>>
>>25931951
I hope it improves the whole everfree campaign and its success.
>>
>>25931951
If you wouldn't trust yourself with a lightsaber, _I_ wouldn't trust you with a butterknife. Some things are OBVIOUS in how they work.

OK how about this. 2 short-swords for Inn Staff use. Wispy carries one on runs, Sundance normally carries the other, we get a cheap-ass normal gladius?
>>
I just caught up from missing today and damn this is worse then the waifu war.

longsword would be my pick.
>>
I'm not sure why no one here seems interested in giving Pot a spear. It's only 1 point, and spears are generally easy to use and train with, plus it'd combo well with pot's shield.
>>
>>25931994
A spear would be good but I think a tad wasted we should just buy a standard spear later and practice with that.
>>
>>25931994
We can't afford a spear if we make 2 short swords. We can if we make 1 short sword or 1 longsword. The longsword however would then be the only sword and probably too big for Wispy to wield, and while I hate being Mr. Dad, since we did find a magic sword, Our Daughter Gets One Too. Now, I'd be cool with a short sword for wispy, 2 spears for us (Awesome on the wall, crossed over the shield) and 2 daggers for Azzy and Sundance. I'm also cool with 2 short swords for Wispy and Sundance, Pot taking some POS normal wep. I'm just NOT cool with Wispy not getting a Magic Sword out of this deal.
>>
Okay, time to bring out the poll. I'll check back in 15minutes

http://strawpoll.me/6402376
>>
Time to do this the old fashioned way:http://poal.me/djw2jy
>>
>>25932012

This works. I approve of this.
>>
>>25931963
I guess the difference here is that I actually have done some competitive sword fighting and have seen a few people hurt themselves pretty badly.

My preference is towards the Sundance investment though that's not a terrible alternative. Wispy doesn't need an awesome sword for doing deliveries.

>>25931994
The main conflict seems to be keep for private use vs give to adventurers as an investment.
>>
>>25932023
>Wispy doesn't need an awesome sword for doing deliveries.

I'm so glad I'm not your kid.
>>
>>25932013

Well since longsword + dagger/spear looks like it's winning, how about longsword plus spear? I'm sure Whispy can handle a spear and it's significantly more useful in a fight than a dagger.
>>
Hey Innkeeper, how many points would a new set of kitchen knives cost?
>>
>>25932063
Hell, if originally put to a poll, "Give cute blacksmith magic sword for free!" would have won. This is almost like watching Obama win another election. Torture.
>>
>>25932072
OMG THIS. Put everything in fine wares.
>>
>>25932072
There's an idea that we should have thought of earlier.
>>
>>25932081
Nah, just thing what it'd do to our countertops and pans.
>>
>>25932090
Oh, it's a terrible idea. But we still should have thought of it earlier. I want to suggest it to Silver and watch her mind implode.
>>
>>25932072

Probably a lot, actually. I'd imagine 1 point per knife, the same as for a dagger. Also, do we really need kitchen knives that are THAT dangerous when normal ones will do the job fine?

>>25932090

This

>>25932100

We can still do this, though, just for a larf.
>>
>>25932063
I do want to see Azuras face when we give her a piece of legendary metal
>>
>>25932090
But just think of what it would do to meat!
I'm sure Ember and Goldbeak would love to have a set.

If longsword wins, I'm voting for knife set
>>
>>25932100
Agreed lets fuck with her first
>>
Why don't we give the spear to Airy?
>>
>>25932103
Kitchen knives are smaller than a dagger though. But I guess that depends on how many knives are in the set. Would a chef's knife and paring knife be worth 1 point?

Besides, if we get attacked in the Inn, we could always throw them, or something
>>
>>25932106
if Longsword wins, Azzy doesn't GET a piece of magic metal. Neither does Wispy or Us, depending.
>>
>>25932130
Good idea actually. Way more useful than Azura.
>>
Okay, looks like Longsword wins the poll.

Second round - dagger or spear.

http://strawpoll.me/6402483
>>
>>25932139
She just got a lute though. And I don't think she'll care much for a new weapon anyway
>>
>>25932147
Spear or dagger I'm good with both.
>>
>>25932015
This one has some funny answers
>>
>>25932147
Spear for Airy went my vote
>>
So, out of OUR magic sword, WE get nothing, Sundance gets a huge longsword, and Wispy gets a spear to clunk along as she tries to deliver food? Nice.
>>
>>25932189
kek mate. Wispy gets the long sword with her love OP strength.
>>
>>25932189
>Wispy
You're just going to get ever madder later.
>>
>>25932203
This kind of horrible outcome proves that voting is useless. It's either rigged... Or people are really, REALLY dumb.
>>25932208
I'm... Not actually sure that that would be possible.
>>
>>25932215
>What I wanted didn't happen, everyone but me is dumb or it's rigged!
Cry some more.
>>
>>25932215
I was kidding man its just sundance is the only useful character with fighting and thats why the long sword got picked.
>>
>>25932215

He's joking, senpai. Most of the people who voted longsword want to give it to Sundance.
>>
>>25932221
>>25932223
>>25932224
Well examine this disaster. We could have given practically everyone we care about, including us, magic and armor proof weapons.

Instead we give Sundance one, and Wispy a huge burden that sort of qualifies as one, with us and azzy out in the cold. For what, so Sundance can have a BIG one? Does Sundance NEED the biggest one? I doubt it. In fact she probably would have been awesome with a spear even.
>>
>>25932248
Said it before, more weapons is better
>>
>>25932248
We can always go digging for more ruins later or steal texs spear.
>>
>>25932253
Yup, you were the other vote. It was appreciated!
>>
>>25932248
This disaster where the two competent adventurers that know how to use them get quality weapons while the people that wouldn't be able to use them properly anyway make due with normal weapons?

I wish all disasters had this good of results.
>>
>>25932255
We could, but we won't.
Since most are fine with the LS, they won't want to go back for more.
please prove me wrong
>>
>>25932253
I didn't vote for ether because i don't really mind who gets what but we could of asked for a kick ass shield.
>>
>>25932273
I have 0 issues with that. Though we need to hire another staff member because Ember is getting a bit over loaded with us gone in the morning.
>>
>>25932272
"use them properly"? They're knives, man! They're pretty user-friendly! Just point and stab!

We don't actually have any autistic friends, our friends CAN be trusted with sharp objects.
>>
>I'm just sitting here waiting for August and her prettiness
>>
>>25932293
>I don't know anything about fighting with weapons.
At least you know your limitations.
>>
>>25932293
Most long swords and what we'd call short swords are usually cut, not thrust actually.
>>
>>25932301
OK that's it, I'm voting "Throw Out All Poll Results And Give Cute Blacksmith The Magic Sword For Free". We're too stupid to be trusted with weapons.
>>
"Would it be possible to like...maybe make kitchen knives out of it?"
>Silver Ingot gives you a disappointed glare. "You want to take the rarest, most awesomest weapon-making material in the known world and make goddamn cutlery out of it?!" she belts back. "That is like, bucking sacrilege! I'd rather fornicate with a cactus than take part in that kind of blasphemy!"
"Okay, okay...no cutlery," you backpedal, sighing inwardly.
>It'd probably be wasted on cutlery anyways. Not to mention it'd make short work of your cutting boards and cookware if you used it on them.
"Anyways, how about you rework it a better sort of sword...like a longsword maybe. And I guess you could use the rest of it to make a spearhead, perhaps?"
>Silver looks at the cleaver in her hoofs, pursing her lips in thought and nodding to herself.
>"Hmmm...yes, yes I think I can make that work," she replies. "I'll need to be careful so...this'll probably take a few days. Maybe three. If you don't mind, I could take my time and make sure it's perfect, but that'll probably be maybe like...six days to complete."
"How much would it--"
>"I'll do it for free!" Silver quickly blurts out. "I...I mean, just the opportunity to work this stuff is good enough for me. It'll be a nice change from hammering out spades and pitchforks."

Standard forging (3 days) or let her take her time (6 days)?
>>
>>25932310
Kek mate thats what I wanted from the beginning but way to late now
>>
>>25932310
Don't include me in your own stupidity. You've been showing it well enough so far.
>>
>>25932316
Yeah I'm serious, this has gotten way too stupid. Wispy dragging a spear on deliveries is worse than nothing!
>>
>>25932311
There's no reason to rush yet. Take her time.
>>
>>25932311
clearly 6 days for perfection
>>
>>25932311

I'm okay with six days.
>>
>>25932318
Good thing we're giving it to Airy then.
>>
>>25932311
Six now lets go to August!
>>
>>25932317
Yeah go win another Olympic fencing match, Zorro. You think you're the only one here who's handled a sword? There's technique to be learned but if you stab yourself even as a novice, it's because you're basically dumb.
>>
>>25932328
If that's all you've gotten from this conversation I see why you're having issues comprehending anything. Now I feel kind of bad for the insult.
>>
>>25932332
>>25932328
Sooooo~ Sundance is our ultimate waifu right guys?

I'm not starting anything I swear on muh mum
>>
>>25932311
Six days.
>>
>>25932345
I prefer QT at the moment, though Sundance isn't bad as a second option provided some of her issues get fixed.
>>
>>25932345
Apparently, Sundance is too dangerous for us now. She'll have that sword. And without proper training, we're sure to fling ourselves upon it point first at the earliest opportunity.
>>
>>25932362
kek mate
>>
>>25932362
>not flinging ourselves upon her strap-on.
>>
>>25932373
this
>>
>>25932373
You know, we never DID ask the smith how much it would have cost to make it into the world's most durable strap-on...
>>
>>25932391
Imagine how easy it'd pierce sphincters.
>>
>>25932394
Even a magic sphincter-shield would do no good!
>>
Okay, well it's time for me to get packing. We'll go with the 6-days choice and call it a night.

I won't be able to run a session until probably the 2nd. So have a happy New Year and all that jazz.
>>
>>25932488
Night night
>>
>>25932488
Happy New Year, Dubs McTavernguy
>>
>>25932488
Goodnight

>>25932394
A magitech dildo stuck to a belt is still no match for the real thing.
We should use the mirror to see if we can find Sunwaltz
>>
>>25932488
Happy new year, Innkeeper!
>>
We are pretty good to our friends in this game (Well Pot)
>Give tech and countless knowledge for free to Prism
>Give Silver her dream by working with the priceless metal
>Give Airy a priceless Spear and a lute
>Give Sundance a priceless Long Sword

Tomorrow we will probably end up helping out Oats for free out of the kindness of our hearts.
>>
File: 1444108224394.png (99KB, 291x292px) Image search: [Google]
1444108224394.png
99KB, 291x292px
>>25932345
No, sundance is cuck waifu :^)

I'm still hung up on White Wine. She's happy, rich, and she's not completely out of her tree. Same goes for Azura. Both mares have problems, but Sundance is a basketcase.

White Wine does seem quite keen to bed us. Maybe that'll give way to some sincere emotions at some point. Or maybe not-trixie will stop being tsundere and admit we look better than her in a dress.

QT is not a waifu. He is a husbando. We are entitled to one of each; I see no quandries about having QT husbando.
>>
>>25932699
Thats the reaction I was waiting for though a bit late. Bed.
>>
>>25932690
I'm fine with helping her for free but it's more to do with helping her farm grow for better crops to buy.
>>
>>25932699
Azura is a shit waifu.
Sundance is fucked up but at least she didn't try to rip us off and get us to walk into changling trap.
>>
>>25932699
I like August more then Qt
>>
>>25932763
Me too.
>>
File: nobody buys my sofas.png (42KB, 150x230px) Image search: [Google]
nobody buys my sofas.png
42KB, 150x230px
>>25932742
I think that's just Azura being dumb and arrogant thinking she could handle anything. She said we were in no REAL danger (we were, top kek). She didn't seem entirely comfortable with baiting us, but she did something risky for the approval of her peers. We let her walk away with her pride not because we're a noice guy, but because we all know the bad feels that is trying to prove your worth to people you care about.

Even not-trixie can have a personality, too.

Sundance, on the other hand, is a PTSD basketcase. Not much more to her then that. You can't fix broken glass - it would take too long and you're likely to get hurt picking up all the pieces.

I'm don't really care as long as Innkeeper has fun, though.

>>25932763
Cow lady is nice.
>>
>>25932788
I don't think she is that broken.
Yeah she has scars that will never fully heal but we have been pretty much the only civilian in ages who hasn't been scared of her and tried to help her as a friend.
She is never gonna get any better if we just leave her alone.
>>
There's plenty of characters to choose from, we don't exactly have to stick to Sundance, or QT or August. Innkeeper said so himself, if we talk to a character, then we'll get to know them better. (But most of us already know that)

Which lesser known character does everyone want to know better?
I want to talk to Heart a bit more. If only so we can finally learn to tell the difference between them. Nice moustache too.
>>
>>25932927
I'd like to talk to Goldbeak more.
He seems pretty cool.
>>
>>25932690
Do you think any of them might be elements?
>>
>>25932927
I want to talk to Silver some more
Tiny pones shouldnt be so grumpy or angry
I want to find out why she is
>>
Wait why are we making this into kitchen knives?
I mean shit it might be high quality, but the material a tool is made out of isn't important in houseware. We should get Whispy's armor for free, get her to make us the highest quality armor she can manage, the promise of maintenance on future projects, and a couple hundred bits besides. Plus, then she gets the ebonite.
Thread posts: 633
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.