[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semantic Error

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

File: AW11.png (367KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
AW11.png
367KB, 600x600px
Semantic Error is about a low life hacker trying to scrape by in a futuristic Equestria.
So far Cold File (File) has managed to scrape up enough money to get him by for at least a week and is now taking on another job.

Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/semanticerror/
>>
File: SE41.png (114KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE41.png
114KB, 600x600px
>Currently you have some privet E-mails from some of the Cytogen employee's that were logging into the Cytogen file-server. You're still trying to find more information about your new employer, Wintermute, and this pain in your wing is not helping.
>While nursing your wing you look back at your computer screen to see brandy holding a first aid kit and looking concerned.

What do you do?
>>
>>25848070
Assure her its fine.
We don't need WebMD on our ass and making us think we have cancer.

Have Brandy check through the e-mails. Put our mask on and check a couple of deepnet hacking forums for anything.
>>
>>25848105
Anything on Wintermute. See if anyone's gotten jobs or stuff from them.
>>
>>25848070
Let's see some of those E-mails.
>>
>>25848147
Bluh. Apparently we already tried that. Alright, check forums or IIRCs to see if anyone's gotten a job to attack our current target recently.
>>
>>25848070
Boop Brandy, tell her we'll be okay.

Check dem e-mails.
>>
>>25848070
Thanks for the concern Brandy, but I'm alright.
>>
File: SE42.png (212KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE42.png
212KB, 600x600px
>>25848255
>>25848213
>>25848176
>>25848166
>>25848105
>You put on your best fake smile.
“I'm fine Brandy. Don't worry about me.”
>”File, your condition seems to be getting worse. The rate at which you experience these pains has been slowly increasing since I first met you.”
“I said, it's fine. I'm just a little sore is all.”
>”File, I know that you are lying. Your consumption of narcotics has also increased.”
“Brandy, I don't want to talk about this right now.”
>”I'm sorry. I don't want to stop worrying about you but if you wish for me to stop I can always turn that behavior off if you wish.”
“Why don't you tell me about those E-mail accounts you tracked down.”
>”Yes, I was able to track down four of them”
>The four IP addresses were tracked back to 3 different public E-mail services. Two were tracked back to MultiMail, One of the most popular E-mail service providers, owned by a large software company that makes most of it's money tracking user activity to provide metrics to marketing firms. Another was tracked back to Introvert, an older E-mail service, which is own by a company who is known for their operating systems and hardware.
The last was tracked back to Hooligan, an early name in the E-mail service scene which has since lost much of it's early popularity due to their failures experienced when they tried to branch out.

What do you do?
>>
>>25848490
Hooligan sounds like it would have poor security. We should see if we can get access to that one.
>>
>>25848490
Thing I'll agree with getting into the Hooligan-based E-mail.
>>
File: SE43.png (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE43.png
115KB, 600x600px
>>25848515
>>25848606
“Alright Brandy, we're going to try to busy into Hooligan.”
>Brandy gives you an uneasy smile, “Yes File. I'll get some necessary programs ready.”
>The information that Brandy got from tracking the IP was that the account they logged into was “[email protected]” You get you tape player ready in case you need to use it as you begin to stare down the double barrels of the E-mail server.
>Brandy waits for you to begin your work and you sit there and think this through.
>You begin to remember something about getting into Hooligan with a password bot but it's been a long time since you're dealt with this service. Of course if you're going to try that, it would be best to use a tape to help mask your activity, but you'd have to decide which one. Or you could always just try guessing the password.

What do you do?
>>
>>25848698
Let's use Kavinsky - Roadgame with the password bot.
Or Ocean Drive.
>>
File: 1386541969840.png (154KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1386541969840.png
154KB, 480x480px
>>25848018
What the fuck does this have to actually do with ponies? Sci-fi hacking shit makes no sense to be mashed into Equestria
>>
File: 1433326793209.jpg (217KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1433326793209.jpg
217KB, 960x960px
>>25848816
>>
>>25848832
Good explanation
>>
File: SE44.png (188KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE44.png
188KB, 600x600px
>>25848726
>You decide to use Kevinsky's Road game in your player for encryption and you begin to run a password cracker. After a few passes the site locks your proxy out from attempting to access the server.
>You try another proxy and after a bit it locks you out again.
>They must have upgraded their ice since you last tried breaking in.

What do you do?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZAx_OvKpM
>>
On that note, I should probably pass out. It's late. Good night.
>>
>>25848890
Look up Sapphire. Try to find some related words. Assuming they're a band start with the members names.
>>
>>25848917
good night
>>
>>25850591
>>
>>25848890
I know nothing about hacking, but is it possible to get access to sapphirefan's personal computer and see if her passwords are stored in memory?
Or does that require more information than we can get?
>>
>>25850591
>>
>>25853572
>>
>>25852584
We need to get a remote controlling program on her computer. We could try and phise her.
>>
File: SE45.png (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE45.png
122KB, 600x600px
>>25849407
>>25855966
>>25852584
>You look up [sapphire music] online. Your search results pull up three bands/artists in the top results.

Sapphire- An old disco group Know to be popular with zebras and batponies back in the day. Their most popular song being 'November'.
Sapphire Shores- A pop-star from a few decades ago. Seems like there was a small resurgence of intrest in her music when it was included in a video game about six years ago. Best remembered for her hit single 'Ba-Bam'.
Sapphire Starship- A psychedelic rock group from way back in the day. Popular with misty-eyed hippies. Best known for their hit 'Light the Sky on Fire'.

"Brandy, how hard would it be to track down this employee's computer on the web."
>"I've got her location saved, if you need it. Are we going to crack her deck?"
"We might, I'm just thinking things over right now."

What do you do?
>>
>>25858337
Set up a dummy account. Offer her a free sample of Sapphire's new come-back hit. Make it redirect to a blank-page to trojan her and wait.
>>
File: SE46.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE46.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>25858391
>You set up an email account that looks like it's from some sort of official music publisher and send sapphirefan1987 an E-mail offering her a free sample of Sapphire's new come-back hit, with a redirect to a copy of some official page infected with a trojan virus.
It's going to take some time for that to take effect, so you're going to need to do something to pass the time. The pain in your wing comes back and you decide to hold it. Your lip also begins to quiver as your body aches for more drugs.
>You try to focus on something else, but it doesn't seem to be working.

What do you do?
>>
>>25858787
Swallow our pride. Ask Brandy for help.
>>
>>25858787
We're definitely to dependent on painkillers.
>>
>>25858787
>needing to drug up again so soon after what must have only been a few hours in File's time
Jeez, we're gonna die or something.
I guess we gotta solve it in some way, but I can't imagine how.
>>
>>25858787
Long term I guess we could ask Brandy to put together a schedule to ween us off the crystal shit. We'd be better off taking more fabuloso instead.
Right now there's not much can be done except shooting up.
>>
File: SE47.png (202KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE47.png
202KB, 600x600px
>>25858813
>>25858828
>>25858880
>>25858945
>You collapse on the ground holding yourself. In a moment of weakness you call out to Brandy.
"Help me! I need you..."
>Bandy just sits there with a concerned look and uses a ver calm voice, "I don't know how I can. What will you have me do?"
>Eventually you gain enough composure to get up to your hooves and shoot up.
>You make your way to the futon and just lay down and stare at the ceiling. Eventually the Urban NYC mix of 'You're Breathn' It' gets tuck in your head. You stay like this for a while as you think about where you are in this job.
>So far you have a list of 4 CytoGen employee's personal E-mails and an infected link contained in an E-mail that you sent to one of them. You havn't really ran any scans of any of the systems that you've encountered to identify what they are but you have tried to run a password cracker on one of the E-mails who's ICE was kicking you out of after a few too many tries from a single proxy.
>It seems to be getting dark, you look out the window and see that the sun going down as the lights shift from a warm orange to an acrid yellow.

What do you do?
>>
>>25859241
Do a basic (Google) search on the email addresses. Find the social accounts attached to them, get information on them.
>>
>>25859241
Can we find the employees computer? I want to run a port scan and fingerprinter if possible.
>>
File: SE48.png (299KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE48.png
299KB, 600x600px
>>25859271
>>25859450
Still feeling a little high you run a search on the E-mail addresses you Brandy tracked down for you for social networking information.
>[email protected]
Melody is a 32 year old unicorn mare. Currently not in a relationship. She posts a lot of pictures of her pet guinea pig named Daisy in various clothing.She also periodically posts small poems. According to the information you've gathered she has her doctorate in biology with a minor bio-engineering.
>[email protected]
You find no information on this individual.
>[email protected]
Paul is a 28 year old male griffin. Most of what you find is pictures of him in various nice parts of the world. He is married with 4 children. According to his profiles, he works in file management.
>[email protected]
Slide Rule is an accountant, 38 year old earthpony mare that seems to have been in 4 relationships in the last 6 months. She has a lot of profiles on various dating sites and seems to enjoy going to clubs with her friends, Sapphire shores' music and movies about animals, as well as trying "anything new".

"Brandy, did you say that you traced some IPs back to their network location?"
>"Yes, Sapphirefan's and Calipergauge's"
"So we could run a port scan and fingerprinter on them right."
>"Yes. Although I do want to tell you that we would probably want to run a different tape on both of them."
"Yeah I know that already! Why are you telling me?"
>"I'm just trying to give you a little extra help because your kind of high."
>You're a little angry that she's think you'd need someone to hold you hoof through this. Oh course her cute little face keeps you from staying angry for too long. You crack a smile as you think of how good she is to you. You want to do something for her but... You wish you could just cuddle up on the couch with her and just, feel her...
What do you do?
>>
That's it for the night.
I'm not going to be back tomorrow because I'll be celebrating Festivus and the two days after that I will be celebrating Christmas. So I'm probably not going to be back until the 26th Fell free to let the thread die if need be.
>>
>>25859697
Sleep tight, SleepyByte.
>>
>>25859697
nighty night
>>
>>25859684
Trace the physical location of Paul and Slide. If that trojan doesn't get Slide we may need to go hit up their home network.
>>
>>25860770
>>
File: semantic christmas.png (225KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
semantic christmas.png
225KB, 900x900px
>>
>>25862570
>>
bumping to laugh
>>
>>25859697
This is the first CYOA I read and I'm already all caught up.

Just wanted to say you're awesome and I'm really enjoying it. Also loving all the great music everyone is posting.

Have fun doing festivus things, see you when you get back.
>>
>>25861797
aww
>>
>>25859697
happy holidays
>>
>>25868080
>>
>>25870671
>>
>>25859852
We're up for that
>>
>>25871788
>>
>>25874418
>>
>>25875635
>>
MERRY CHRISTMAS
>>
>>25880398
>>
>>25881777
>>
>>25883833
>>
>>25883833
>>
>>25879396
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT
>>
>>25888467
>>
>>25889972
>>
>>25890651
>>
Bath pls
>>
>>25894116
yes
>>
>>25895831
no
>>
Just got home, I'll probably get to running once I get myself comfortable.
>>
File: 1376784556431.jpg (249KB, 904x573px) Image search: [Google]
1376784556431.jpg
249KB, 904x573px
>>25898474
>>
File: SE49.png (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE49.png
122KB, 600x600px
>>25859852
>You wish that you could do something for Brandy but you really aren't able to. Sometime you even ask her what she wants to do see or even where she would like to go but she always reminds you that she doesn't have her own wants and needs. Although you admire her perfect selflessness, it really reminds you just how far from real she has always been.
>You attempt to track the physical location of both Paul and Slide via electronic triangulation. As hard as you try, as close as you can get is that they live somewhere in the same city... You realize that you may be a little too high when you remember that you could probably just figure out their physical location through their social networking profiles. Sure enough, you figure out their personal addresses with just a little extra digging. You take note of these locations and sit back and take a look at the shapes in the paint on the wall.
>Staring at the wall you make out something that liiks like a bunny and an angry cartoon jackhammer but you quickly loose them and can't figure out where you saw them exactly any more.

What do you do?
>>
>>25899569
can we get a quick reminder of what we are supposed to be doing
>>
>i would suggest something but I don't know shit about hacking and I don't want to derail the efforts of others assuming they were actually working on something
>>
>>25899569
Take a nap. See if whats-her-face takes the bait. IF she doesn't head to her apartment and crack her wifi. If worse comes to worse, as long as she's not there and it's an apartment, we might be able to con the apartment manager into letting us in to find our 'id' that we must have left there last night.

Slip a keylogger onto her computer while we're there and searching around, find it, and leave. Done.
>>
>>25899660

That sounds good to me
>>
>>25899640
FIle is currently tring to find a way into Cytogen's Servers to extract all of the research files on lot 1474 Thus far File has managed to gain the personal E-mails of four of Cytogen's employees and has sent one of them a phishing Email containing a link to a Trojan virus. File has also learned some personal information about three out of four of the employees via social networking sites and attempted looking up information on his employer Wintermute.
>>
>>25899660
>>25899684
>You decide to sleep. The sun is down and you're getting distracted by strange things. You get out of your chair and begin walking over to your futon.
>"Are we done for the night File?" Brandy asks.
"Yeah. It's been a long day for us I think."
>"Is there anything I can do for you before you fall asleep?"
"Yeah, could you tuck me in perhaps?"
>Brandy giggles a little bit, "You know I can't do that. You're silly when you're high."
"Yeah I know... I know."
>You flop down with the full force of gravity and push your muzzle into the back of the futon to block the lights you left on from your eyes.

>You quickly find yourself surrounded by dark figures all of them expecting something from you, even though you're not really sure that is is they want. They begin to hold you down as two large glowing blocks hover over you.
>The blocks begin flashing as a large booming voice ask you, "Why haven't you gone to the mountains?"
"I don't know!"
>"Is this task too hard for one suck as you are you afraid!?" asks the other block.
"I don't know. What do you want from me?"
>"You know the punishment for ignorance!"
>The crowd begins to close in around you.

>You wake up with the light of the sun poking through your curtains and the lights in your apartment still on.
>Your head hurts.
>Brandy springs up, "File Ms. Rule Took the bait! We should be ale to looking through all sorts of things on her local deck now!"
>You give her a tired smile and rub your face."
>"heh, That is when you're ready File. Is there anything I can do for you?"

What do you do?
>>
File: SE50.png (355KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SE50.png
355KB, 600x600px
>>25899940
Shit I should include the picture shouldn't I?
>>
Also I'm gonna call it here for the night. I'll see if I can pop in early tomorrow. otherwise I should be here on Monday.
>>
>>25899940
>use linux
>install wireshark
>take ip
>access computer
>put Foalcon pics in pc
>contact police
>tell them your their "co-worker"
>record camrea
>post on interwebz for keks
>>
>>25848726
>Ocean Drive
>Roadgame
>Kavinsky
>Duke Dumont
This fucker knows some good shit
>>
>>25899986
If we didn't have a job to do that would be funny.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.