[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How mad will /mlp/ be when Sunset Shimmer becomes 100% canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: 1448222977092.png (596KB, 944x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448222977092.png
596KB, 944x1000px
How mad will /mlp/ be when Sunset Shimmer becomes 100% canon?
>>
File: 1427054710594.png (148KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1427054710594.png
148KB, 894x894px
>>25631820
I just don't give a fuck no more
I stopped caring after the CMC got their marks and just watch the episodes because I have literally nothing more to do with my time.
>>
>>25631820
Somewhat mad, i don't Monster High shit leaking into to show. But it's never gonna happen.
>>
>>25631857
don't want*
>>
>>25631820
Just as mad as when Hell freezed over.
>>
>>25631820
She is canon, you ding dong. Now, she's never gonna be part of the show nor the MLP movie and that's fine. She works better in EG.
Anyone hoping otherwise is D.E.L.U.S.I.O.N.A.L.
The best chance she had appering in the show was that dropped subplot where she was being a quitter becuase teh magic is 2 hard. More akin to a schoolboy wanting to regress a grade because his current subjects are too hard than someone who genuinely misses their place of of origin.
And even in those deleteted scenes she pretty much agrees to stay with the EqGs rather than return to equestrian as the alt ending tells us so those fags still holding hope are gonna be disappointed all the way.
With Glimmer being the official 7th member the chances went from 2% to .05%/
>>
File: glimmer face.jpg (103KB, 1280x713px) Image search: [Google]
glimmer face.jpg
103KB, 1280x713px
>>25631820
There is no need for her to be canon, her better, perfect counterpart is already canon.
>>
File: 1426482569758.png (207KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1426482569758.png
207KB, 512x512px
>>25631905
You never give up, do you?
>>
>>25631820
She already is
>>
File: 1448934152119.jpg (13KB, 221x160px) Image search: [Google]
1448934152119.jpg
13KB, 221x160px
>>25631820
>shimmerfags actually believe anyone cares about them or their shitty pony
>shimmerfags actually believe they'll get in main show
>shimmerfags actually exist
lmao farn can't make this shit up
>>
>>25631820
Uh, she already is canon.
>>
File: shimmerglimmer.png (388KB, 957x940px) Image search: [Google]
shimmerglimmer.png
388KB, 957x940px
>>25631820
I wouldn't mind at all.
>>
>>25631820
I'm with >>25632188. As long as it makes sense to the show and doesn't introduce other EqG characters I'll be okay with it.
>>
>>25632188
Hot lesbian redeemed hoers sex when?
Is there anything with the two of them on DB? I can't properly check at the moment.
>>
>>25632242
There's a little. It's mostly pre-reformation stuff on Starlight's end, but I'm sure that will change in time.
>>
>>25631820
She is canon .
>>
>>25631952
L.M.A.O famalia
Are you really serious about them still thinking this dumb bitch is gonna be in the main show?
L.M.A.O. with the S5 finale it p. much sealed the fate of sunshit shitter being in the show
>>
>>25631820
There is only one character I don't want to be cannon.
>>
>>25632276
Why only one? I imagine having ANY character be a literal cannon would be pretty fucking weird.
>>
>>25632233
el oh el famm
Go suck a dick tbhonest senpai.
Why want that ugly thing in the show??
Thank Allah the powers that be have ultimately been against it all the way and now its for certain it will NEVER happen.
>>
File: oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg (193KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg
193KB, 800x599px
>>25632298
>>
>>25631820

I'm not mad because it doesn't matter if she gets into the FiM cast, simply because she'd be a plot hole so rank even Slaanesh wouldn't fuck it. Bitch is ruined goods, just like Starshit Slutter.
>>
File: Consider this.jpg (60KB, 421x431px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.jpg
60KB, 421x431px
>>25632312
A handful of Spikefags were able to pressure Jim Miller into considering giving him development in the near future.
Sunset threads regularly have 30-40 unique posters, give or take the usual shitposters.
>>
>>25632356
Spike doesn't belong exclusively to a different series. Sunshit Shitter belongs in EqG famm. With Glimmer being on board there is literally a zero percent chance of her being in the show now. I bet they aim to keep 7 main members for both FiM and EG.
Just give it up famm and save yourself the disappointment.
>>
>>25632407
See, this kind of thinking is just retarded. Not a single person expected Glimmer to join Twilight and her gang like she did. The show staff can't really rule out Shimmer returning, because there's no reason to. And it's always possible that Hasbro can just tell them to fucking do it, "senpai"
>>
>>25632431
Point is, staff can do whatever the hell they want, and trying to assume it's "GG BTFO FAGS" is dumb, because show staff has said many things, but that doesn't mean shit, if we look at their history of going back on things.
>>
>>25632431
Ha ha. Hasbro is not going to tell them to put Sunshit Shitter in FiM. No way, famm famm. They want her to remain in EG, they're the ones that scrapped that whole homesick bullshit from FG.
The staff have said multiple times that they intend to keep EG separate from the show and, as I said, Glimmer is there to fill that 7th previous vacant spot. On the top side, there isn't also anything indicating that sunshit wants to even return
>>
>>25632407
Yeah, and people use to say Spike was never going to go anywhere as a character but lo and behold a small group of autists managed to muscle their opinions onto the staff hard enough to make them think about catering to their projection of a children's show character.
Besides; I'm not even advocating she be put in the main series. I'm just pointing out she has the numbers and all it would take is the motivation to get them to do something.
>>
>>25631905
I hope we get proper development for glimmer in s6. atm, she seems a little too flawless.
>>
>>25631820
I would only be mad if they gave Flash Sentry a big role in the main show.
>>
>>25632460
>intend to keep EG
at one of the comic cons, they stated that they are toying with the idea of her returning to Equestria.
not only that, they also said that she'd would be the Element of Empathy
so it could happen

if she does return, I hope for at least no other reason than to reconcile with Celestia, she needs the closure
it's really the only thing at this point keeping her from going there
>>
>>25631820

She was 100% canon when the first equestria girls movie came out
EG was written by the showrunner of MLP, animated by the same studio and voiced by the same people as the show. Not only that, but it features all of the main characters of the real show

There is literally zero reason to believe it's non canon, especially since flash sentry has been in the episodic show
>>
>>25632561
That was one of the staff members, not Hasbrew. That also isn't anything to go by tbhonest famm because they have also said no EG shit in FiM multiple times as well. The very best, and this is also very unlikely, you can expect is a cameo or something. But as far as actual being a permanent part of the show, well, that's a lost lost dream.
>>
>>25632588
>That was one of the staff members
that person was Meghan, so it holds some credit
and just because they say they'll keep them separate now, doesn't mean they can't change their minds later
if they think it will bring them new toys to sell, then they'll do it in a heartbeat

idc if she becomes a permanent character or not
as I said, she and Celestia need to talk to each other
even as a cameo, it would provide irrefutable proof that EqG is canon
>>
>>25632584
>There is literally zero reason to believe it's non canon, especially since flash sentry has been in the episodic show
I believe EqG to be canon, however, without seeing the mirror, book or Sunset Shimmers being mentioned, it can be argued that EqG is not canon
>what about Flash?! we first saw him IN EqG!
true, but he is pony Flash, and technically existed in the world of Equestria before us being introduced to him in the movie
>>
>>25632733
>true, but he is pony Flash, and technically existed in the world of Equestria before us being introduced to him in the movie

That makes no sense
Technically human Flash existed before we see him in EG as well, it's not like the human world was only born into existence when sunset activated the mirror. Flash Sentry was a character created for the Equestria Girls movie, and later appeared in Friendship is Magic with a speaking role with the same VA being credited as Flash Sentry
>>
File: 1438860040844.png (175KB, 420x431px) Image search: [Google]
1438860040844.png
175KB, 420x431px
>>25631830
Pretty much this, only difference is that I can't help but beign butthurt and mad at it and Starlight Shitter.
>>
>>25631905
Please just kill yourself.
>>
>>25633170
>Technically human Flash existed before we see him in EG as well, it's not like the human world was only born into existence when sunset activated the mirror
correct, that's the point I'm trying to make
he existed before, but to make EqG truly canon, the show needs to reference something from that world, such as the mirror, book or Sunset Shimmer.
those 3 things would connect EqG to FiM in a way that no one could still say EqG is not canon, THIS is my point
so what if Flash was made FOR the movie?
I'm strictly going by the world of Equestria, not the world of Hasjew

Glimmer was only introduced in S5, does that not make her canon within the previous 4 seasons, even though we never saw her before?
she had been living in her town and gathering those ponies for who knows how long

all the characters were living lives before we first got to see them in the show, therefore they existed even before WE were introduced to them

I'm just saying that this would shut up all those who continuously say EqG is not canon
as I said, I believe it is canon, but some faggots here NEED that proof I mentioned before
>>
>>25631820
do people even care anymore?
>>
>>25634550
I would argue that canonically, Glimmer did not exist until she was established in the show. After she was established, she retroactively obtained a history, but before then effectively did not exist.

In the case of Flash Sentry, he did not exist in the show until he showed up on that train, BUT he was established in EqG 1, where he was given his position and appearance. He did not exist in the canon until he was established in EqG 1, and then was affirmed with his two appearances in season 4 of the show, even going so far as to use the same voice actor.

Yes, retroactively he now has a history as being on Cadance's royal guard, but before his establishment in EqG, he did not exist in the canon. His canon was established in the movie and affirmed in the show. To separate them is silly when they both are not contradictory in the slightest.
>>
>>25635624
good points from a show standpoint
I'm going by the ponies POV, by the Equestrian timeline, where in which they would have existed well before being "canon" by us seeing them in the show
if there were suddenly 2 Flash Sentry's seen in the show, then it would also prove that EqG exists

>Glimmer did not exist until she was established in the show. After she was established, she retroactively obtained a history, but before then effectively did not exist.

so if you were to meet a new person, they never existed before you saw them, then they retroactively obtained a history?

>To separate them is silly when they both are not contradictory in the slightest.
EXACTLY!
those who say EqG is not canon use Twilight's comment about the last time they were in the Crystal Empire, that the staff said they will keep them separate, that pony Flash is not EqG human Flash in Equestria and that supposedly that Flash coming off the train was a joke too as "concrete" evidence that they are not canon to one another

this is just to show how far people will go to keep EqG from FiM with their "logic"
>>
File: 2schway.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2schway.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>25631820
While I dont think it has much chances of happening since there's already a neutered villian in Twilights lesbian group.
Still would be funny to see an Episode about Sunset visiting and competing with Glimmer for Twilights attention.
>>
>>25632548
I think they focused on the royal guard aspect of his character and ignored the romance entirely, Pony Flash might just work. After the mess that was Shining Armour, I would like a guard who was worth a damn.
>>
>>25636678
just give him a personality
>>
All of EqG is canon. To deny it is retarded. It's been confirmed to take place in the mlp timeline and universe. It's like fallout new Vegas, a spin off the main fallout franchise. It's canon but you don't need to play either to understand what's going on in each. They're two separate entities taking place in the same universe.
I don't get why the denial. It's not like any EqG material is gonna leak into the show
>>
>>25637791
None of EqG is canon. The staff gets out of their way to make sure none of it is ever mentioned in the show. EqG is alternate universe shit until they reference the portal or the high school dimension or humans. The only reason to believe it's canon is if you really wish your waifu was part of the FiM universe.
>>
>>25631905
>"better, perfect"
>literally designed to be an anti-Twilight, even moreso than Sunset Shitter
>has nothing in common with the other 5, in terms of interaction
>will most likely just be a pre-S1 Twilight to appease the faustfags

nice wrong opinion you've got there
>>
>>25632685
>if they think it will bring them new toys to sell, then they'll do it in a heartbeat

But there's already a Sunset Shitter pony toy, and Barbie toy of her.

Unless they plan on giving her a castle next to Twilight's, there's no new toys to be had there.
>>
>>25637791
>I don't get why the denial.

Because EqG was bad. That's the only reason I can think of as to why there are so many that vehemently insist it isn't canon. Despite the show runners themselves stating the opposite.

Remember when we thought of the comics as canon back when they began? Then shit like Friends Forever and Reflections happened and all of sudden, "The comics aren't canon and never were!" Same exact thing with EqG. If the films had been great, we wouldn't hesitate to welcome them into the show's canon. But they sucked, and now we have autistic shitposters denying it's authenticity to the show's universe.
>>
>>25637871
The show acknowledging EqG could create a shitstorm even bigger than Twilicorn
>>
>>25637871
Well yeah, it's literally an alternate universe that Twilight visits that stays consistent with the canon of the show. If it was inconsistent, doing things like continuing to have Twilight live in her old tree house, then you'd have a point, but it's always in line with the show canon.
>>
>>25638035
I'm sure that's not what he meant. And EqG staying in line with the show canon makes sense, leeching off the show is its only chance to stay relevant
>>
>>25637988
Placing the comics as canon is significantly harder than EQG, since they're made by entirely different people and they contradict both the show and themselves a lot.
>>
>>25637958
new settings/playsets/outfits, etc
they can do it quite easily

>If the films had been great, we wouldn't hesitate to welcome them into the show's canon.
that's not it (though it doesn't help it's case), even before we knew what EqG was about, it was vehemently protested against
even with Meghan stating that it's canon, people still say otherwise
>>
>>25638080
It's made in line with the show to air with the show. It's actually called MLP:FiM:EqG, indicating that it's friendship is magic, the Equestria Girls stories. It's meant to be canon, but not interfere with the regular FiM plot, because any time EqG could ever come up in FiM, it would fit in an EqG movie.
>>
>>25637871
There was a Twitter post where one of the staff mentioned the events of EqG did happen. There's also that one video of the president of Hasbro saying EqG is part of the pony universe that takes place in a somewhat human world, his words not mine.
As I said, EqG being canon doesn't impact the show in anyway. Like I mentioned fallout, Bethesda's fallout games only take place in the west coast and don't have any bearings in the east coast. Both are canon to the fallout series but they don't interact with each other much. Same with eg and fim.
>>
>>25638178
until the show explicitly makes a reference to it through the mirror, book, mentions Sunset Shimmer or any event that happened in EqG, people who hate EqG will forever claim that it isn't canon
>>
>>25638237
I can guarantee that they'll just claim that the mirror exists as it did in the comic, but doesn't necessarily go to the EqG universe. If they mention or even show Sunset Shimmer, they'll claim that she's always been a canon previous student of Celestia, and that her appearance doesn't necessarily mean she's been to the EqG universe.

People will continuously jump through hoops to claim it isn't canon. They would have to literally have the ponies discussing the events of EqG to make some of these people believe it, and there's literally no reason for them to do that when they barely ever talk about FiM episodes!
>>
>>25638398
We all know everything that happened after the S1 premiere isn't canon
>>
>>25638398
>People will continuously jump through hoops to claim it isn't canon
Meghan eve stated that EqG is canon, yet people still won't accept it
it would basically take Faust to state that EqG is canon to get them to accept it, even then though...
>>
>>25631820
As a Shimmerfag, I'd love it. But, when I take a step back, and get a broader perspective, it would be kind of weird. Imagine down the road, someone were to pick up MLP, and fall in love with it. For some reason, they decide to marathon the whole show before watching the movies, or decide to not watch the movies, and midway through one season, we have a random unicorn who was once a student of Celestia show up, and everyone knows who she is, except the audience. Kinda throws things for a spin when someone that important just waltzes in without an explanation, or even a hint in the main series. They'd have to do something to get the audience aware that Sunset is there in existence and have a reason to explain who she is before having her show up.
>>
>>25638637
didn't stop them from doing that for Shining Armor and Cadence
so I doubt it would be THAT jarring
>>
File: sunset.png (191KB, 616x777px) Image search: [Google]
sunset.png
191KB, 616x777px
>>25638178
>>25638173
Events that do not happen in the show are not show canon, simple as that.
It's not even the fact that EqG becoming canon would be extremely degrading to the show (to a much worse degree than Twilicorn or any of the bad writing that plagues FiM). It's also not the fact that Equestria Girls is a terrible, cheap cashgrab spin-off made exclusively to compete with Mattel's humanoid toy lines.

The show is absolute in its importance, it's the reason the comics and Equestria Girls came to exist, which are entirely built based on its canon (the comics to a lesser extent). But neither of those two have ever affected the show, and probably never will, as the staff made it a policy that it must not happen.

It will take more than Meghan promoting the leeching spin-off by tweeting "I-it happened, Twilight learned something from it, i swear!" and then saying "BUT DON'T WORRY, it will never impact the show!", shamelessly trying to please both sides, the worried fans and the men in suits upstairs. Because let's face it, outright denying EqG's canonicity would commercially kill it.
>>
>>25638743
>But neither of those two have ever affected the show, and probably never will, as the staff made it a policy that it must not happen.
And yet, we have Flash Sentry. People can deny to hell and back that he was created for EqG and EqG only, but that's the truth. FiM was influenced by a character creation of EqG and there's no escaping that. Of course it will retroactively place him in the storyline, but that's not an excuse for using a character created in an alternate medium.
>>
File: cat isis.png (33KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
cat isis.png
33KB, 189x189px
>>25638743
Is the expanded universe canon?
>>
>>25638743
You make it sound like MLP as a whole isn't a cashgrab. It's first and foremost a toy commercial and the success of the show depends on toy sales. And that's fine, it doesn't diminish the quality of the show in anyway.

As nd of course the show is more important. The comic are based off the show EqG is a FiM spinoff. But you can't ignore the words of the head writer or the words of the president of Hasbro. They have stated EqG is canon to G4 and is part of it just like the show. But as tou said, they intend to keep em separate BUT that doesn't mean the events of EqG didn't happen in the overall g4 timeline.
>>
>>25638686
It's a bit more complicated than that. Shining and Cadence could be introduced relatively easy since none of Twilight's friends knew about him, and were in the same boat as the audience. Sunset's a bit harder, because who are you going to introduce her to? Pretty much everyone knows who she is. You also have the issue of giving her a reason to show up. Even if you have her introduced in a smooth way, anyone who watched EQG will be wondering why the hell did she leave the EQG universe without any sign from the movies indicating she wanted to leave. You have to bring her to Equestria in a way that makes sense from both sides: for those who don't know who she is, and those who already do. If nobody knew who she was, you could come up with a million different reasons why we're suddenly hearing about her, but that's not the case.
>>
>>25638838
I doubt whoever was responsible for his cameo in the show had put any thought into its supposed implications. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure he will ever appear in the show again.
>>
>>25638927
he will never*
>>
>>25638927
They could have easily used any generic guard voice actor and a royal crystal guard to announce the Maretonian dignitaries, but instead they chose Flash Sentry and his EqG voice actor. That seems deliberate to me, but it's clear that using characters from EqG is not enough evidence for people.
>>
>>25638913
they were going that way with FG's deleted scenes, giving her the invitation to return to Equestria anytime she wanted
which means a crossover is not out of the question
>>
>>25639066
Not saying it's impossible. Just kinda weird, and it's got some challenges inherent to it
>>
>>25639066
Yes but that part of FG was scrapped so it's not a factor anymore.
>>
I dislike EqG and anything related to it. But 2bh if Sunset Shimmer appeared in the show, BUT there was NO mention about the human world and all that shit then I wouldn't be bad.
>>
>>25639144
That's impossible seeing as she pretty much a major character in it.
>>
>>25639142
Well, really it was supposed to be part of a plotline where Sunset is thinking of going back to Equestria, but changes her mind by the end of the movie and decides to stick around. The commentary by the writers made it clear that she can still pop into Equestria for a visit sometimes though. I don't think she plans on seeing Celestia yet, but there is always potential for her to visit Twilight.

Man, I keep hoping they'll do a scene where Sunset and Celestia make up and Sunset tells her she wants to stay in the other universe, but it'll probably never happen.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.