[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOE: A Post-Nuclear Pony Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 126

File: 1407708642653.png (2MB, 1600x907px) Image search: [Google]
1407708642653.png
2MB, 1600x907px
Combat edition

Old thread: >>25587642

The original, read it first:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/119190/

EqD Side Story Compilation Post - March:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/fallout-equestria-side-stor-updates.html

Tales from the Wasteland:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jjr70KyM4O4tilvWOPMbgT0c9hPnFK12xUQW6wGrCm8

PnP Document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApDd-Pi_fJGZdGZiN0U0ajdtR3dTZ0FVQUh4cnhqenc

Smut Collection:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LBe5FGXd2Fgj0CRbz8HDZ6fDC11aRB9O-KfYxCODjGM

/foe/ Chatrooms:
#FOEchat (and #foefetish for you horsefuckers) on irc.canternet.org:6667
http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat

Recent updates:

The Things We've Handed Down (October 12th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/285142/

Longtalons (October 14th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/172805/

Old Souls (October 22nd)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/73868/

Ditzy Doo Chronicles (October 23rd)
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/6663/

Heroes (October 24th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/662/

Treasure Hunting (November 2nd)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/53502/

Frozen Skies (November 7th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/201326/

Current /foe/ book club story: Black and White
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/44457/fallout-equestria-black-and-white

ITT: The Wasteland is a dangerous place, how do you defend yourself if you get into a confrontation? What tactics, weapons, armour or companions keep you and those around you safe?

Bonus discussion: There are several major battles in this universe. The Citadel, Fillydelphia, maybe even pre-war. The original was deliberately vague, and part of the fun is interpretation. How do you think those battles went? Any neat ideas there?
>>
File: beerpon.png (370KB, 791x688px) Image search: [Google]
beerpon.png
370KB, 791x688px
>>25631472
Yay I can finally sleep without worrying about new threads!
>>
>>25631472
I have an idea for a small war or battles that happen Pre Pip. don't wanna spoil though cus raisins.
>>
>>25631472
I kinda feel like it might be time to take down those recently updated stories from OP that were updated in October. For next thread.
>>
File: brqk-1448432146-301900-full.jpg (364KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brqk-1448432146-301900-full.jpg
364KB, 819x1024px
>>25632765
Agreed, but let's see what's worth mentioning:

Wasteland Bouquet - Nov 11
Dance of the Orthrus - Nov 13
The Chrysalis - Nov 27
Rising Dawn - Nov 27
Make Love Not War - Nov 27
Black and White - Nov 29

Up to you all if these stories are significant enough to count for the roster
>>
>>25632963
>Atom Smasher is back

Thank you anon, didnt know about this
>>
>>25632963
Why not.
I think I'll chuck 'em all in if I make the next thread.
>>
Serious question, not trying to start anything: Are hybrids generally not liked? I've seen a lot of hate towards that dragonpony filly in Sombers new trainwreck and I was just curious. Is the hate for her since we know she's gonna be shot because PH2, or are hybrids in general disliked in the fandom?
>>
>>25631472
You missed Tales of a Junktown Pony Peddler in the updates.
>>
File: recon giraffes.png (1MB, 1088x1216px) Image search: [Google]
recon giraffes.png
1MB, 1088x1216px
>>25634029
Check out these giraffe-pony hybrids.
Or Sierra Scorch the Triceratops/bunnycorn
>>
File: travis stuff.png (1013KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
travis stuff.png
1013KB, 1920x1280px
Why don't we kick off this thread with niceposting and ignore and report anything else. I'll start.
>>
>>25630763
I liked it in a good sense of how well it was written, the focus on small units and an IFV. I expected it to actually be dealing with Zebras as a primary component or at least as a serious threat relative to everything else in the story, and am saddened by the lack of such things.

I would have been nice to have some military people posit about FOE largescale mechanized battles and what their characters would do in them, as opposed to these constant Chicago turf wars going on.

In so far as fetishes, I maintain a professional separation of them from works not needing them. This is easily noted by how little they crop up outside of my clopfics sans requests, such as team twincest. I do have an interest in light bondage and latex, plus a few other things, but no, fluid immersion is not one of them. I am far more interested in the materials practical applications in allowing access to high pressure environs, protection from overpressure, and that with a proper blending of fluid and corpule materials, can greatly boost "blood" oxygen carrying capacity while allowing a more effective scrubbing of same from viral and microbiological agents. Small downside of this is the lack then of platelets, white blood cells, and fibrin amongst other components if you try and maintain the system solely. Essentially if you replaced your blood this way, you'd need tubes of this really neat paste made from veggies that is totes not medigel and a super dialysis machine.

But no, good pod does nothing for me in a fetish sexual manner.
>>
>>25634277
Y'know, I really appreciate how hoers draws eyes.

Anyway, I'd like to bring up a topic: there are some notes common to a lot of Wasteland stories, but I'm sure some of those hold a special place for us. What common story trope do you most enjoy seeing in FoE stories?

For me, it's actually just that first moment that a newcomer to the Wasteland reacts to the idea of eating meat. I dunno exactly what it is, but when the scene is done well, it's just a lovely moment of levity.
>>
>>25634029
Hybrids are frequently a special snowflake call for attention. Think of how old serials would bring out the exotic and mysterious Asian in order to make an attraction to the public. Whether it be from martial arts to cultural trappings, it was to be exotic, and looking at them, many are fucking shit from it. Or for real horror, look at Asian serials trying to invoke American ways for real cringe.

To have a hybrid, a good thing is too look at why. Sisters had zonies and did well. Karate Kid had a mysterious Asian and was stupid with it. Jackie Chan was quite good on the other hand, even in the animated series. Sisters did it as establishing the characters, it did not do it for neon attention signage, but as something different. KK wanted it to make it a mysteriously better fighting means by the magic of the orient, and is quite bad for that. JCA invoked it as part of mythology, admitted its absurdity and worked in it. Big Hero 6 combined Asimerica quite well.

So basically, analysis says that if the point of your hybrid is you just want to write about a character who is a hybrid and actions follow from there, its fine.

If you write a hybrid and keep warping things to enunciate they're a hybrid, and thus super magic special, then you have a problem.

Hybrids don't need to have downsides or upsides, here a mule and a liger type would be just fine and medical and sterility issues would not crop up, unless you want them to.

The dracopony issue is its Somber, PH2, and a damn big amount of why???!!! going on. She could redeem herself and work quite well if its more about her nonovershadowing actions and not just because of who she is born as.

You know, the whole thing MLK wanted of being judged by merit and act, not by the color of skin.
>>
>>25634072
I am really sorry. First time making one, fucked it up the first time anyways. I couldn't recall desu, was making right before going to bed.
>>
>>25634350
All good. Appreciate you making it.
>>
>>25634029
It's because they're cheap special snowflakes and their story is always the same.
>can't fit in
>teased
>racism
>proves their worth
But most of all they're the opposite of an average joe, the opposite of relatable. Literally the only "plus" about this hybrid is that it has the potential to breath fire, something that is "awesome" and would've been enough to validate its existence if you're 10 years old.

Hybrids are like alicorn OC's to the next level, a combination of best worlds cause the creator couldn't handle choosing. Though in Somber's case I have a feeling he made the hybrid because he wanted to tell the story of one. It's easy to understand and predict and works perfectly as a playground to cause deep edge and "feelings". With the kind of follower base he has, I have a feeling they'll also catch on to actually relate to the thing solely because it feels like it doesn't fit in (and they like to pretend they're special with a hidden fire inside them).

If the only ones Somber care about is his patreon, then this seems like a good choice. A special snowflake character for a special snowflake fedora tipping audience. But he can forget about bringing that shit here.
>>
>>25634286
I, ah, was referring to the breathable liquid thing.

>>25634097
I agree with>>25634332, but sort of think I've got a bit to add.

Simplicity of concept and complexity of use. You need to justify whatever concepts you bring into your story, to reduce general clutter. The longer you have to spend rationalizing why something exists in the story in the first place is that much longer before you can even begin to justify its existence by making those events relavent to the story. Often, it's incredibly hard to bring that justification back around to being relavent. Sisters does it particularly well in that their hybrid nature contributes directly to the core themes of the story (I haven't read it, but I feel that that much is pretty clear).

Usually, taking a relatively simple concept and using it in new and unique ways does pretty well. It's easy to wrap your head around it, at the very least. With a complex concept for a character, the use of the character needs to be nuanced as well. You throw something like a half-dragon at me, I'm going to be wondering why this is needed for the story more than looking at what she's actually doing. You fail to answer that question, it leaves a permanent mark on that character, and story.
>>
>>25634416
And I spoke about that as well. Just posted more than that since people asked.

Breathable fluid = not a fetish = damn good tool.
>>
>>25634332
>>25634400
>>25634416
Thanks for the responses. I was planning to have a hybrid character in my story (zebragriff) just because I needed a character able to hold a sword and a normal griffin seems like they'd be too barbarian-ish and a normal zebra could only use their mouths, which would leave them at a serious disadvantage. Was trying to do a whole gun vs sword thing without getting too deep into bullet splitting/deflecting ebin anime territory. I guess I'll have to rethink this...
>>
>>25634507
Nah hippogriffs, of which a zebragriff is a subset, are fine.

Could have a bit of an issue ala the bird pegasi thread, hippogriffs aren't unknown, Talons get bored or vindicative, and the children are looked down upon by many. Essentially, prepip as the living reminders of Equestria's slow take over, post as is rapid take over.

"Rape" babies in post war environs of the past were very deliberately made to show the natives they had lost.

Could have your character be the product of a wholesome loving family, one that forbids enlisting in the Talons, but has a desire for adventure in the blood all the same. Part of the issue being that there are people and spots he'll need to tread lightly, and others he flat can't go or get lynched.

Basically, how did his parents conceive him, work up from there.
The character on its own for just being a sword wielder isn't bad, but it needs something more than just "No thumbs freak me out"
>>
File: negf-1447520631-298834-full.jpg (339KB, 905x716px) Image search: [Google]
negf-1447520631-298834-full.jpg
339KB, 905x716px
I just found out.

Why won't he leave, /mlp/?

Why won't he leeeaaave...
>>
>>25634644
Why so much magma?
>>
>>25634332
>Karate Kid had a mysterious Asian and was stupid with it.
To be fair, Karate Kid was made in the 80s, where racist stereotypes were a thing in action movies.

>Big Hero 6 combined Asimerica quite well.
Too bad they couldn't combine Honey Lemon and Hispanic. Instead we got a white girl from Connecticut.
>>
>>25634716
He didn't get the varia suit so he's stuck in Norfair until he beats Ridley
>>
>>25634716
I dunno.

I hate myself for thinking this, but it actually looks like it could be a cool setting. Lava fields and volcanic stuff all that.
>>
>>25634723
>implying that a person of ethnicity has to look like the stereotype

Check your privledge, scumlord.

But seriously. The biggest problem comes from the fact that when people make a special snowflake character like a hybrid, that becomes their only trait. Not their defining trait, their ONLY trait. And that's when it's a problem. Special, interesting, and unique characters are fine, so long as they don't become shitty-ass boring one dimensional cutouts of a cliche just there for the shock value.
>>
>>25634744

Don't justify the fic with views. The best thing about it is it's relatively low stats on fimfiction.
>>
File: 1442670285946.png (896KB, 800x924px) Image search: [Google]
1442670285946.png
896KB, 800x924px
>>25634507
>>25634751
Hey, original rage anon. Yeah Hybrids usually get a bad rep and I don't intend Somber to rise against that shit. There's two other real problems with this character I had last thread.

Like I pointed out, the character was literally shoved in randomly in the final draft with no consideration whatsoever for why the hell she needed to be in the story. And Somber's lackey's or himself were unable to really even come up with a bullshit reason why. Probably because one of his dwindling Patreon supporters said they wanted it and they didn't want to admit it.

Another thing is that she is the has no other personality other than 'I'm a freak and I want to find a place to call home' which is literally what Pythia, another existing main character, is but with more bitchiness. Her exoticness is her only notable personality trait and she offers nothing new to the group's dynamic or character. All she's done is tack on another whopping 7k words to the first chapter because somber had to write about how she stood around drooling so much.

Also she apparently 'loves a good fight' which is probably the worst thing I was told about her. That means Somber probably only put her in because like Rampage she needs to help kill some of the overpowered and anime shit he's going to send to torture the main characters. I was hoping the fact they are all little children who aren't known to be very great at fighting would dissuade Somber from shoving in Anime fights.

Overall she's pretty much is what others said to avoid with Hybrids. But even worse is that like Lacunae she literally has no reason to exist or even stay with the party. And her spontaneous inclusion bloated the first chapter tremendously while offering absolutely nothing to the story.
>>
>>25634535
My plan for him or her is a normal conception and upbringing, with some martial arts and sword training. The reason for a need for hands is that I have a need for mobility against my protagonist (a very mobile unicorn), especially with their CQC fighting style. I suppose a zebra could work if I went with the sticky/magnetic hooves theory...
>>
File: palloydin the shiny.png (3MB, 1920x2460px) Image search: [Google]
palloydin the shiny.png
3MB, 1920x2460px
>>25635286
May I ask why you're even considering having a character with martial arts and sword training in a Fallout Equestria story?

>>25634535
>hippogriffs
>they're fine
Don't pretend these are any better. The same arguments against hybrids apply here. They're special snowflakes and/or cheap best of both worlds solutions.

>rape babies
>to show the natives they had lost
I don't care if similar things have happened on Earth, but this is just pure edge. And why would anyone deliberately lynch a zebragriff unless they were raiders looking to do that to anyone anyway? Xenith only had to be cautious at Tenponny and even there I doubt they'd do anything. She just didn't want to be treated differently from a social aspect while shopping. How would being a hybrid with a griffon change things so dramatically?

It all just sounds dumb. Ponies at this age couldn't be bothered when they've got real issues to take care of.
>>
>>25635452
Fine here means you can use them without a 3 pound book of explanations. Its much like having griffons period as protags and recurring members. Its about horses. Same for Enclavers as anything but enemies, or Dashites. At some point we either stick to the three ponies and call it good, or admit there can be much more and you shall show me why you are worthy.

That was just an example of what must be fought against, ie don't go and use this route, do something better. Lynchings comes from the aforementioned common issue, coupled with how outside of Gawd's, Talons are pretty much barbarian mercs from the original, with Stern being the lordess of it all. So in a canonizing peice, you have to fight that.

In a , this is in FOE, but not in the story, its much more open to variance, differences and conclusions. The whole, the main fic skipped over everything not a destination or near it and did not swell in any large culture moments of learning of towns, cities, and what makes the surface ponies tick.

Its much in how Tofu is doing well to show a kinder side to the Enclave, in fact more a side period.

Stonershy showing a griff that is not just the whole greedy mercarian knockoff.

Somber showing that anime FOE hybrids can be greatly paid for and received.

Stealth that there are honor wielding Talons

etc...

Basically in regards to how to develop the story, ideas can be pitched, but hybridanon must come up with justification, and a good one that does not just dwell on mysterious exotic hybrid for the sake of fingers.
>>
>>25635647
Most swords have a form of unarmed martial art that would be taught as a part of training to use it, which means throwing in a zebra just for unarmed martial arts redundant.

In fact this gives me an idea.
>>
>>25635452
I just wanna mention first that I love that file name.
>>25636021
And next I wanted to comment about swords in the FoE context. Definitely a weird choice to make that could rub people's sensibilities the wrong way but I too have entertained the idea of a sword wielding pony.
It was never a "martial arts" deal, as in to say that it would be specifically mentioned and pointed out that it was some kind of sword related fighting style, but at the same time the character in question NEEDED to have some kind of training/skill in swordplay in order to justify it's use and effectiveness.
Furthermore, what use is a sword in a world of magic and guns? I wasn't comfortable with the idea of making the sword more unique by say, electrifying it like can be seen in FO3 and 4 (both are unique weapons that deal additional energy damage (but wouldn't it be cool if you could temporarily electrify it with a spell?) and I also worried about that one trope thingy where if something gets specifically mentioned you MUST use it somewhere in the near future or else it's a pointless prop. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but it's a thing

Cont.
>>
>>25636899
>>25635452
I just wanna mention first that I love that file name.
>>25636021
So I ended up writing some notes about how it could fairly be used. It would be plain retarded to see this character charging around in any given fight with a sword like it's no problem, so this left me with my favorite excuse ever: Situational Usage.
A raider (or just some random baddie) with a melee weapon of some kind gets up close and personal? Fair use, might be easier to block/parry/counter with your own melee weapon than to attempt a dodge or backpedal. I mean hell, if this character has a pistol readily availible and can manage more than one weapon at a time I don't see the problem with dirty fighting. Block an attack then shoot em in the gut, "It's you or me."

Another situation would be the aforementioned stealth attack. I'm pretty sure this doesn't need explaining or much in the form of examples, pretty easy to imagine how to stealthily dispatch an opponent with a melee weapon.

The last situations would be close quarters or ammo saving reasons. The close quarters reasoning I felt was weak desu so I would like to spend more time thinking about it before justifying it. You're not going to ONLY carry a sword around so it could be faster just to have a gun at the ready, however, do you really want to waste ammo on soft targets that aren't armed? Such as ghouls perhaps. If you aren't in danger of being overrun, could it be fair to use a sword instead? I don't think those limbs would stand up to a trusty blade in the right hands.
>>
>>25636918
Woops, fucked that first bit up
>>
File: 1449003818966.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449003818966.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>25636918
Bayonets man, bayonets.
Good enough to fuck over Argies taking the Queen's clay, good enough to rend open a raiders belly.

Swords are for ornamentation and Scotsmen. I think you are also misunderstanding just how powerful guns are in this regards, plus maneuvering.

People like CQC for that manly fisticuffs feeling, not so much because its better. Sure a flensing sword is going to work really well for killing, bleeding out and sending them into shock, but just shooting them a bit will see them drop in shock and be useless, much less the fact of repeated fire.
>>
File: Struggling Horse Noises.png (825KB, 2400x1950px) Image search: [Google]
Struggling Horse Noises.png
825KB, 2400x1950px
>>
>>25636918
>do you really want to waste ammo on soft targets that aren't armed?
I'd say that was a fair point. I've certainly played the games that way often enough.
>>
File: caltrop_by_dileak-d9i8hwx.png (770KB, 863x1024px) Image search: [Google]
caltrop_by_dileak-d9i8hwx.png
770KB, 863x1024px
Troubled youth bump.
>>
Using this linked webm because I have zero clue how to compress it Teach me Neuro! how would you work the behavior into a griffon?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zeemL18McCX2tDT0premhMbzg/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>25639058
>how do you work it in
Simple. It's a normal thing that's normal to griffons. They only get mad or embarrassed about it when some pony giggles at them doing it.
>>
File: lilpipdog.png (415KB, 1786x1601px) Image search: [Google]
lilpipdog.png
415KB, 1786x1601px
>>
>>25639338
Pipdogs aren't allowed to have candy.

I cast newspaper bap.
>>
>>25639338
>not taking pip to work
>>
>>25639657
Not posting best griffon.
I mean just look how happy and well adjusted the three look. They'd be just fine on the streets today.
>>
Does anyone have that picture of Rarity in NCR Riot Armour?
>>
File: tumblr_np5a5uFsjP1r6vnxgo3_1280.png (281KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np5a5uFsjP1r6vnxgo3_1280.png
281KB, 1280x720px
Serious question.
If there is little wood in the wasteland, how the hell does everyone have campfire?
>>
>>25640119
There isn't a scarcity of wood in the wasteland, that's why they have campfires.
>>
>>25640119
you can also burn books, houses and furniture you know. I'm sure a little bit of coal exists in certain places too but judging by the context of how the war happened it would be quite rare.

But there wasn't necessarily a lack of trees in the wasteland such as a lack of Life. Dead trees everywhere.
>>
>>25640119
It would take a long time for what's left of the population to burn what's available.
>>
File: Whats behind the door.webm (2MB, 526x290px) Image search: [Google]
Whats behind the door.webm
2MB, 526x290px
>>
I'm starting to worry about Neuro.
I think we may need to stage an intervention.
>>
>>25640431
Neuro, there are other ponies out there. You don't need to fixate on Pip.
>>
>>25640479
He can stop modding any time he wants to.
>>
>>25640511
The first step is admitting you have a problem.
>>
>>25640431
Do it again, that clearly was not ceiling levels of filled.
By the frilly flaming pantaloons of Celestia, must you be taught everything you Starswirl loving Scotsman?
>>
>>25637013
>webm
That seems like such a bad idea. I fully expected to see her lose a hand.
>>
>>25640626
But anon those kitties are so soft and gentle and docile.
>>
>>25640502
Why mod anything else than best pony?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (1MB, 900x653px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
1MB, 900x653px
>>25640664
I know right, thats why I modded in the very best pony, pic related.
>>25640502
Im just now learning how to work editing .dds files so soon Ill edit this to be different pones.
>>25640586
Gotta make sure the pips have some breathing space man
>>
>>25639795
What a bunch of nerds
>>
>>25640798
>.dds
Devs still use those? Jesus, I remember editing .dds files for Dawn of War like four years ago.
>>
>>25640431
And this is to go even further beyond!
>>25640848
Yeah seems to be the only file you can use to edit textures. Trouble is I have to convert them to psd in gimp to edit in sai and then convert back again
>>
>>25641057
I can't handle this.
>>
>>25641057
Speaking of roachpone, I can't seem to find any image of general scuttles on Derpibooru. Guys? Help contribute?
>>
>>25641057
>Using Dogmeat

And here I thought you were a sane person
>>
>>25634277
He has a blue dress lying around in a suitcase under his bed. I bet he uses it to feel pretty when nobody is seeing
>>
>>25634277
Fun fact, he is not immune, and enemies wander.
>>
>>25641465
It was a red dress for me.
>>
>>25641491
>he is not immune
What?
>>
>>25641925
I think he means he's not an essential npc
>>
>>25641950
What happens if you kill Travis?
>>
>>25642047
The bald kid who sells water takes over if he dies.
>>
>>25642070
and you can't kill bald kids. You're a genius todd
>>
>>25642070
What? I thought it was just dead air.
>>
>>25642047
You began to slowly loss your sanity and end up killing yourself because you couldnt handle killing the best character on the game
>>
>>25642857
>tfw you can't play as Travis
>>
File: image.png (414KB, 791x729px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
414KB, 791x729px
I can't sleep, so it's decision making time!

We left off with Quick Cap and Wind Wave creeping up on a pair of Applejack's Rangers that just finished a fight with a group of raiders.

Would you like to...
A) Permenantly switch the PoV back to Forage, in the refugee camp. (What happens with Quick Cap, Wind Wave, their message, and how they handle the griffons will be decided by me.)
B) Continue with Quick's PoV and find those griffons.
C) Start a short prequel sequence from Forage's PoV, then return to the present moment. (You'll control Forage as a young colt for a short amount of time, and get to see a bit of his past.)
>>
>>25642883
these choices are impossible.
>>
>>25642961
Shit.
Explain please?
>>
>>25642883
I don't wanna abandon Quick, so B or C.
>>
File: The Divide C2.png (2MB, 1972x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Divide C2.png
2MB, 1972x1080px
>>
File: look who I found.png (3MB, 1352x879px) Image search: [Google]
look who I found.png
3MB, 1352x879px
Reference or coincidence?
>>
File: ScreenShot0.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>25643750
I'd say it's Quincy-dental
>>
>>25643750
Oh yes, Dead eye

Its a great easter egg for the great character, I like how they gave him his signature weapon (A sledgehammer of course ) and a little wink at how he slayed that Deathclaw on the fic

Or the fact he was blind also
>>
>>25644551
Meanwhile if you check the bottom of the bobby pin box...
>>
>>25644576
You gotta be kidding. I want this.
>>
>>25643750
Definitely coincidence.
>>
Here is a question.
One of the pegasi nymph has fucked up with his fetish writing has managed to escape. What sort of therapy and mental health institutions could she find to help her return to normal?
>>
>>25645151
I recommend puppies and professional therapy animals to help her learn to trust others again?
>>
>>25645151
Perhaps something involving murder so nymph can't hurt any more bird horses? After all killing the source of your problems feels good.
>>
Why do you guys think that that there are so few MCs without spouses/significant others?
>>
>>25645472
Can't go adventuring if you're tied down.
>>
>>25645477
Why not? There's plenty or real life soldiers that are married that don't have a problem going off to do life threatening things for a living.
>>
>>25645472
Seems to me that authors prefer to show relationships grow rapidly than to simply have one in existence with acknowledged depth. Both have advantages and pitfalls.
>>
>>25645489
They also have pensions and insurance. If a wasteland adventurer snuffs it, their SO will be lucky to even find out.
>>
>>25645472
It's easy to establish "X is my sibling/relative" without phoning it in too hard why we should be invested in them the first chapter. Spouses and lovers are hard given you need to explain how you met and bonding in the interum without breaking pacing.
>>
>>25645630
>Spouses and lovers are hard given you need to explain how you met and bonding in the interum without breaking pacing.
See, I disagree. And I feel like that's a trap a lot of writers fall into. The exposition dump on why these characters are. It's ultimately unnecessary if you're a good enough writer.
>>
>>25645670
>It's ultimately unnecessary if you're a good enough writer.

And you are, I take it?
>>
>>25645151
She'd need some intense magic to at fix any long term injury and discomfort. That or professional treatment over time.
As for the mental side, I think a few ponies who care would be about as good as you get in the wasteland.
>>
>>25645690
I like to think I am, but there's always room to improve your own writing.
I just think a lot of writers get too "on the nose" when it comes to their characters and their emotions/relationships with other characters and don't leave any sort of subtlety or nuance to their characters. In a way, they're too intrusive into their characters private lives/emotions if that makes sense.
>>
File: 1448737368091-0.png (906KB, 4000x3613px) Image search: [Google]
1448737368091-0.png
906KB, 4000x3613px
So, UEF in FOE for the Ministry of Awesome's uniform?
>>
>>25645780
>missing piece if ear
Eugh.
Why are artists so dumb?
>>
>>25645784
What's the problem? They have big ears. Spends to reason they might get torn up in battle.
>>
>>25645793
>spends
*stands
>>
Important question, what plausible reason do sidefic radio hosts have to quickly receive up to date wherabouts of your heroes without the resources of Homage's surveillance network.

Been thinking of making the radio host in my theoretical sidefic turn out to be five different ponies (and one Hellhound) who agreed to pretend be the same DJ.
>>
>>25645793
>>25645801
It's just an uninspired design. Hell, it's an option on the generic pony creator.
>>
>>25645818
>uninspired
And what would be inspired?
Bare in mind there's limited detail they can add.
>>
>>25645810
Duck and Cover's Homage knock-off had a pegasus assistant to do the legwork, literally called Grapevine. "How did you hear about this?" "Well, I heard it through the Grapevine..."

Better question: why is there consistently only one radio station per region? Why not have several competing, or none at all?
>>
>>25645834
Uninspired was the wrong word. I think they're tacky. It's something I roll my eyes at whenever I see someone slap them on a pony. It's like giving a pony bat wings or vertical eye slots. Just some superficial thing to make their character stand out from the masses of every other character that also has a mangled ear.
>>
>>25645810
You could have towns using there own radios to just send news and updates about their area to the host. Maybe because the host is the only one with a setup that can reach across the whole region. Alternatively the host could be shacked up in the headquarters of some group that's active around the region. Maybe a NCR ranger type group, or the Talons. As members come back from jobs they bring news with them.
>>
>>25645778
Which fic do you write?
>>
>>25643750
I killed this dude a while back but I didn't make anything of it, what's the coincidence?
>>
>>25645900
Nothing currently I've been busy with classes, but I read/write other non-pony stories written by other students a good deal so I can say it's a pretty consistent trend with younger, inexperienced writers.
>>
>>25645841
>Why not have several competing, or none at all?
I like this idea. Put 2 or more stations competing between them to be the best one, maybe use the protagonist to try to gain more relevance and things like that
>>
>>25645841
I can only assume because there most likely isn't enough radio equipment to just be continuously broadcasting all over equestrian with multiple overlap points.
Also, radio hosts are usually portrayed as moralfags and author mouthpieces so they don't think they need more than one.
>>
File: muckrakerbs.png (407KB, 1490x1300px) Image search: [Google]
muckrakerbs.png
407KB, 1490x1300px
>>25645810
I have Muckraker walking around the entire Zona, where he picks up on rumors and news from other ponies or towns.
>>
File: gey.png (98KB, 699x540px) Image search: [Google]
gey.png
98KB, 699x540px
>>25646165
>>
>>25646210
He'll do anything to be the first to provide insulting news on-air.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n12ce5galo1qg5xnq.gif (981KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n12ce5galo1qg5xnq.gif
981KB, 320x240px
>>25646217
"Hey man, give me that breaking-news worthy scoop, man!"
>>
>>25646210
Those two really need to kiss in a surprisingly lewd and unexpected method.

Also, gib new chapter. Gib gib gib.
>>
File: 1443125270665.png (128KB, 1351x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1443125270665.png
128KB, 1351x1296px
So whyare stallion centric fics so rare?
>>
File: dolphin snout.jpg (297KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin snout.jpg
297KB, 1275x1650px
>>25646302
Cuz mares be pwettier
>>
>>25646302
They're not, really. There are plenty of them on fimfic, but most of them are terrible, with edgy, self insert characters that you can't relate to.

Also this >>25646321

MLP is a girly show with an all female main cast. Of course you're going to see a lot more female main characters in fanfiction.
>>
>>25646302
>"Ew, a male protagonist. Must be a self-insert mary sue."
>*close tab*
>>
>>25646302
One of the IPs is a mare-centric show for girls; we're used to female protags.

I'd give that middle one a good home though.
>>
>>25646407
you would, you obviousfag
>>
>>25646165
I really love Muckraker, he's probably my favorite character so far and the whole "Mobile Radio Station" idea was, dare I say it, a stroke of genius.

Much more unique, fun and more interesting than the typical lone radio station per territory.

you should draw him summoar Datte
>>
>>25646321
I highly disagree... I just don't have any pretty wateland horse to post for the counterexample.

How about that old stallion with a cigar, donning a dress?
>>
File: fagit.png (150KB, 805x416px) Image search: [Google]
fagit.png
150KB, 805x416px
>>25646448
Y-You too

I will

>>25646275
It's coming. I am not a fast writer, especially if I want things to like...mean something. :L

Hopefully the wait will be worth it
>>
>>25646302
Dunno but if I ever get around to writing mine, there will be a stallion protagonist and a possibly alarming lack of mares I will need to fix.
>>
>>25646475
Just don't make him a fagboy pls, I need a LeakyxMuckraker ship for reasons.
>>
>>25646571
ur ship a shit
>>
File: muckraker.png (717KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
muckraker.png
717KB, 1400x1200px
>>25646571
Nah, he won't be an gay, forcing sexualities into characters who don't have the spotlight for the sple reason of "ayy he's gayy" is one of my main annoyances
>>
>>25646610
Fuk u nig I'll wrek u
>>25646615
Everyday I like you more Datte~
>>
>>25646615
>>25646654
Now kiss.
>>
>>25645904
There's a guy called Dead Eye that hires Pip to assassinate Gawd. In return, Littlepip is hired by Gawd to assassinate Dead Eye instead. I can't remember exactly why, but it happened at some point after they met Pinkie Belle I believe. Or welp, when they first met Gawd to be exact.
>>
File: eVbSeXV.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eVbSeXV.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
So thought you guys would like to know this about a certain fic, Empty Quiver, and FO4.

Spoils, for no yelling.
At the Nahant Oceanological Society you will find out Mirelurks are actually prewar things from all the pollution.

In Empty Quiver, the same thing is there. Empty Quiver also had a love for a number of the vintage weapons that ended up in FO4.

Now I'm not saying the Rafalian is actually part of Bethesda, but its eminently possible there is a link with the two or convergence.
>>
>>25645810
Mine has, or will have, a network of spritebots. Justified in universe by him having an alliance with the local technophile faction a la Fallout 3's Three Dog.
>>
File: reunion_by_nukechaser24-d8z9okh.png (1MB, 1280x1133px) Image search: [Google]
reunion_by_nukechaser24-d8z9okh.png
1MB, 1280x1133px
>>25646321
Bychance would somebody be able to edit this to give her a proper dolphin snout?
>>
File: 1448921700947.png (1MB, 7738x4677px) Image search: [Google]
1448921700947.png
1MB, 7738x4677px
>>25646808
Diapers and inflation
>>
>>25646803
Ohhh yeah I forgot about him. Such a minor character though.
>>
>>25646405
Exactly how I feel. Even if the character isn't, I'll still be sitting on edge expecting a self-insert moment to happen and it ruins it. I just can't relax and stop scanning for faults. The only fic where this doesn't happen to me is MN7. Murky is just someone you really don't want to be.
>>
>>25646868
Why does she have freckles?

Supermutants are dipped with their clothes on typically, they soil themselves until the pressure bursts the mixed flesh and garment.
Marcus tells it to you in Broken Hills.
>>
>>25646884
Did you ever try Outlaw, anon? Mach and Tofu are night and day.
>>
>>25646808
Huh, I cleared the NOS but I don't remember any terminals saying that.
>>
>>25646996
I don't think that's from NOS.
>>
>>25646927
Yes, I didn't get very far sadly. But that's not Outlaw's fault, that's just me being too tired to read. It's like the brightness of the screens are hurting my eyes or something. I just can't read anything somewhat lengthy consistently anymore.
>>
>>25647019
And that, little ones, is why I split my chapters up.
>>
File: hat.png (325KB, 2268x2894px) Image search: [Google]
hat.png
325KB, 2268x2894px
xmas pooooones

>>25647019
:c

>>25647039
Anon pls I did the same thing. The majority of my chapters are sub-10k. The same cannot be said of most stories.
>>
File: ChristmasAtGroundZero.png (1MB, 1280x1728px) Image search: [Google]
ChristmasAtGroundZero.png
1MB, 1280x1728px
>>25647055
>>
>>25634920

While not exactly correct, you made some excellent points. There are other reasons for her to be in the story. She doesn't exactly want a home. What she wants is to know what is she supposed to be? Is she a pony, because most ponies didn't give her the time of day. Is she a dragon, because she knows even less about them than she does ponies? Even Watcher admits he wasn't the best dragon, and mouse just squeaks.

Worse are her instincts, which she doesn't know if she should encourage or suppress. Should she hoard or share? Should she devour her foes or shoot them? The only real 'parenting' she has was from Sanguine, who wanted nothing from her other than to stay out of his way and eat Blackjack.

So you have some decent things to keep in mind and I'll try and take it to heart.

>>25634744
That's what's left of the Achu. Should be around chapter 8-9.

>>25634644
Mostly because most of my readers asked me to stay and do one more big FoE story. Swicked jokes its so far from FoE that it should be called Fo:(N)E.

>>25634332
Awesome points. I wanted precious because I was thinking of fillies living in chapel and she popped up. I had wanted to do more with her in PH, but never got the chance, so rather than forget about her, I wanted this chance to use her.

Also, great point about MLK.

>>25645472
I really don't know. Try writing one yourself. A spousal MC team might have a lot of potential!

>>25646165
That's brilliant.
>>
>>25647133
Danke Somber.

Really, I'll give you the time of day this time around.
Don't bother with critique on PH, I'm probably never going to get around to reading these tome level fics.

PS

Have written and sometimes show groups that are doing related things to your cast.
The teams 1-10 and we're following team 1, so what are the other 9 doing.
Use them to establish and do things offscreen so you don't weigh down the narrative with "Only we, the written protagonists, can find your skillet mam."
Instead have other groups doing things, useful to the story things, to say that there is more out there.

Would do well to kill off some of the issues where everything seemed to revolve around a palms worth of characters. You could also have an easier time sending characters you want out of the picture and picking up new ones this way.

For an example, Bastard is normally on team 9, he gets to trade with Glory as they provide overwatch for the shuttle launch. Now Glory is gone a bit without being nuked, and we have eve established a certain amount of who bastard is and his skills with very little screen time.
>>
>>25647133
use your trip
>>
>>25647208

I talk here at all, most don't like it. I use a trip and people REALLY don't like it. I won't stay long though.

>>25647197

Don't worry about it. Horizons is in the past, and while I hope it still gets read, I don't want it to be my only story. I want Homelands to be good now.

That's an interesting idea. That was something that made Horizons so hard, especially towards the end, that I had to shove the perceptatron plot device just to show other things happening while keeping things FPO. It might make for useful practice.

Two huge things I want to avoid are "Oh, look at these incredibly high stakes story lines that I HAVE to address, even if they take 200K words" and changing the frigging story. It was the cardinal sin I committed in Horizons, and I don't want to repeat it.

Thanks!
>>
File: Murderkill Deathgore in Armor.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Murderkill Deathgore in Armor.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I would like your opinion on this oc design.
>>
>>25647619
Is that a colander?

That's adorable.
>>
>>25647619
Needs more dirt.
>>
File: Murderkill Deathgore.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Murderkill Deathgore.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>25647619

Murderkill Deathgore was born into a ’family’ of raiders. One day, while her family was out pillaging and raping, she was supposed to stay at home in her family’s camp, but then she saw a butterfly and followed it. But then she lost sight of the butterfly, now she is lost and wandering the wasteland having all kinds of fun adventures. Though she would really like to find her home. It can’t be too hard to find, right?
>>
>>25647619
Was she born in a pool of taint?
>>
>>25647732
Nope, the idea was for colors that would have the most opposite benefit to sneaking.
>>
>>25647732
Hmmm... maybe I should add radiation child to her pnp traits.
>>
So who writes good rapefics?
Not, lol ur ass is mine purty boy or cracked jaw violent ones, but ones where its more an unwillingness to have the sex and getting forced into it.
>>
Reminder that David Bushey aka Somber plagiarized several Anime series and movies while writing his giant pile of self flagellating shit.
>>
>>25647906
Unfortunately I don't watch enough of the annie mays to recognize it when he did this. Any specific moments?
>>
A question for somber, if he's still here.

How did you manage to write so much? I can never be arsed to go on for long. Was this like "I'll do a page per day!" kin0d of dedication or what?
>>
>>25647928
Ghost in the Shell (Tank fight), Full Metal Alchemist (characters and when Blowjob kills the Angel), Naruto Shippuden (Bat King after his mute son dies), Star Wars: A New Hope (Solo on the Comms in the Death Star scene).

Just to name a few.
>>
>>25648011
That last one was more of a reference, I think. But yes, the rest were blatant rips.
>>
>>25648026
Yeah, a lot of people like to do the Star Wars thing because, let's be honest, Starwars is WIDELY known and very popular to an extend.

I just like to throw that in to remind David he's not nearly as original as he thinks because he's not the only faggot out there who's referenced that scene.
>>
>>25647619
>>25647684
>>25647732
Take note of the coloring section.
>>
>>25647906
Plagarize is direct copying, not copying the intent or picture.

A copy paste is a plagarize. Refitting it for ponies and an existing bit is not.

Much as it pains people, Nymph's traces were not plagarizing, since he added on more and changed them afterwards. They were traces, hence the name.
>>
File: Daddy-O.png (109KB, 287x289px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy-O.png
109KB, 287x289px
You subject an assortment of ponies; wastelanders, raiders, Enclave scouts and Steel Rangers through a variety of chem trials you're hoping to introduce new products to the wasteland. Until you rename your concoctions to be more marketable to Equestrians, for now you'll be calling your experimental batches Calmex, Day Trippe,r Daddy-O, Fury, and X-Cell.

Your 'volunteers' are not permitted to leave (or live) unless they partake in one of the drugs and describe their sensations in the immediate moment and any deleterious observations in the hours after repeatedly if need be. You don't expect complaints from the raider subjects, but due to their tendency of being resistant, you need to record the susceptibility of your drugs on all ponies, green or hardened.

In essence, what do you expect the ponies to experience taking these new chems, and the withdrawal symptoms to follow?
>>
>>25648141
Sorry, but I thought long and hard about her color scheme. The bright clashing colors are intentional.
>>
>>25648191
Part of her character is that she thinks she is good at stealth, but her coat make stealth nearly impossible.
>>
>>25648146
>Plagarize is direct copying.
>A copy paste is a plagarize.
Which is exactly what he did. Thanks for clarifying my point.
>>
File: Murderkill Deathgore Sheet.png (158KB, 1237x1927px) Image search: [Google]
Murderkill Deathgore Sheet.png
158KB, 1237x1927px
>>25647619
>>25647684
>>25647732
>>
File: 1427934943512.png (102KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427934943512.png
102KB, 1000x1000px
>>25648299
>8 strength
>>
>>25648150
X-cell would be basically a super booster of everything. Super soldier serum in an inhaler for a short period. Little physical dependence, extensive psychological dependence. Subject reports feeling like a power pony, and was capable of significant feats. Would recommend for guards only if supply is steady.

Fury was noted as making the subject have great difficulty focusing, their thoughts frequently becoming a jumbled mess with no effective paths. Subject becomes increasingly agitated at being unable to focus, resulting in becoming aggressive and combative. Attempts at restraint were met with great resistance. Subject incapacitated following clavicle fracture on Berry Spear and severed vertebrae in Mist gardens. Addendum, subject did not posses extraordinary strength when Fury wore off, suspect agitation causes overstimulation of adrenal glands and fight or flight.
Recommend reclassification as combat drug and away from recreational use.

Daddy-O subject was a demure unicorn, suspected results of drug were enhanced cognition and charm based on metabolic chemicals being derived from Mintals. Testing found unicorn was able to absorb and understand advanced spell craft above her predrug capability. Tester reports she noticed subject was unusually snooty and abrasive, believes enhanced cognition results in superiority complex.

Day Tripper subject was noted as spacing out and being unresponsive. initial belief was another failed batch and need to liquefy subject. Post trip testing found that subject was merely lethargic on consumption due to near immediate disassociation high. Cerebral tap found elevated seratonin and dopamine levels consistent with opiate use, but metabolite product did not bind to endorphin receptors. Oddly, subject beat me in several games of Uno in an uncharacteristic win streak that pushed statistical bounds.
>>
>>25648346
Calmex subject was found to be afraid of needles during administration. When left during post injection cleanup, subject was found to have escaped, and guard incapacitated by blow to the back of the head. Subject proceeded to elude detection for the next 10 minutes before being found attempting to hack electronic door open.
Administered 3 ccs of Ketamine via dart and placed subject in isolation cell.
>>
>>25648346
>>25648383
Well said, and saving this if ever inquired again in the future. It's a wonder how chem using raiders are not significant threats in stories even with the standard chems.

>>25648150
While you enable your captives the ability to outsmart and overpower you in various ways. Let me ask you why are Mirelurk Cakes exponentially more potent than the east coast ingredients in terms of healing and their ability to bestow long term breathing underwater?

And why despite the miraculous healing properties of Sparkle Cola RAD in Maressachusetts, they only cost marginally more than a healing potion?
>>
File: It's Rocket Shaped!.png (771KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
It's Rocket Shaped!.png
771KB, 1800x1000px
>>25648523
a) Because those filthy east coast ponies in Manehatten and Baltimare got the recipe all wrong. All you need is some razor grain and industrial oil to unlock the magical water breathing properties. Not any of those wasteful use of stale bread. mayonnaise and hoof fulls of salt.

b) For all of Sparkle Cola's RAD's to heal and somehow bolster more uses in S.A.T.S. Nopony wants to see their piss glow, and that fact alone has really depreciated the value of the drink.
>>
File: 2015-12-03-2316-16.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03-2316-16.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
I shouldnt be allowed near modding tools.
ignore the spelling error on mintals, just seeing if shit worked
>>
>>25648733
>muny
omg neuro pls
>>
File: mods.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mods.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
>>25648759
I cant stop
>>
>>25648854
It's definitely time for that intervention.
>>
File: hold breath.png (63KB, 200x218px) Image search: [Google]
hold breath.png
63KB, 200x218px
>>25647133
>That's brilliant
Hmm...I don't know if praise from Somber is a good thing.

On one hand, he wasn't a giant asshole today. On the other, it's good to stay weary of his past shitposting.

Thank you regardless, yo
>>
>>25648951
>I don't know if praise from Somber is a good thing.
He's one of the judges for the next round of EqD potentials. Curious to see if he can overpower his compulsive need to fix everything and keep from sperging while he's reading other stories.
>>
>>25648951

It is bad. Go burn your idea before it spawns lovecraftian meteor gods and speaking soulballs-sucking anime monolyth
>>
File: REMOVE MUTANT.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE MUTANT.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>25648854
NEURO PLS
>>
File: 1448777893211-0.png (766KB, 2640x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1448777893211-0.png
766KB, 2640x2400px
>>25649021
I'd actually be amused to see the margin filling stuff here. Will Somber beat the Torah for most additions outweighing the original material?
Tune into EQD soon to find out.

Or Adult Swim next year to see him copy Samurai Jack. Which would be quite acceptable as things go.
>>
>>25642883
C
>>
File: image.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
>>25649290
*cough*
>>
>>25649599
Lacquered Samurai armor dude, you lost it centuries ago. Oh and Japanese rope bondage, definitely one of the better things out there.
>>
>>25649636
I think you misinterpreted my post. Though I don't argue the point about the Samurai armor.
>>
>>25649636
>Lacquered Samurai armor dude
That's my new favorite name for Riddles.
>>
>>25649599
Lacquered Samurai Armor Dude pls
>>
>>25649726
>Lacquered Samurai Armor Dude
>LSAD

>Lesad
>Lesaad
>Leysad
>Leysahd
>Dasel
>Dahsel

One of these is a name...
>>
>>25649882
LSD.
>>
>>25650203
>LSD
>Elesdee
>Elestee
>Elastic
>Latex
>>
>>25650309
~
>>
>>25649021
I haven't even been remotely following. Which stories are up for review? Are they still choosing?
>>
>>25650764
Hooves of Fate is gonna win, hands down. Even I know this. But it's

-Hooves of Fate
-Starlight
-Outlaw

I'm not too worried about Starlight but I know HoF is gonna thrash me.
>>
>>25650790
Sorry what is this?
>>
>>25651001
Judges (this time it's Somber, Arowid and some rando) are reading these and voting on them to determine the next fic to get an EqD page.

Last time it was Sisters. The time before that it was Treasure Hunting.
>>
>>25651045
So basically its to decide which fic "ascends" to FoE godhood?
>>
File: bpz1.jpg (16KB, 559x780px) Image search: [Google]
bpz1.jpg
16KB, 559x780px
>>25648733
kek
>>
>>25651096
>godhood
Easy there, anon. I don't think TH and Sisters have benefited all that much from being given their own pages, and having a page hasn't caused anyone to think of them as one of the "Big [number]" stories.
>>
>>25651096
>>25651137
Quite the opposite in TH's case. Anons were quick to bring Hnetu down to earth when she asked if this made her one of the Big 5.

I don't think there will ever be another "big" fic like the ones we know today. Just recommended reading.
>>
>>25651120
try again there matey
>>
>>25651120
Need more jpeg
>>
File: Swordhorse.png (94KB, 438x457px) Image search: [Google]
Swordhorse.png
94KB, 438x457px
I bet alloy drinks malt liquor
>>
File: armor.png (404KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
armor.png
404KB, 1500x1500px
Tell me about your factions, writefags

What are their goals? Where did they start? For what purpose?
>>
>>25652307
I bet Alloy get's touchy feely when she's drunk.
>>
>>25652383
I bet she gets punchy hitty.
>>
>>25652388
Sounds adorable. I'd let her punch me for teasing her.
>>
>>25652393
Anon, she's a smith. She'd probably beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>25652393
I hope you have dental.
>>
>>25652320
I can't say too much about it, but I have a faction that's heavily based on Venice in the middle ages. It's a republic, they have a fleet of small trading ships and small military vessels, and they're all about conducting and controlling trade. Think of a caravan company, but with boats and sailors instead of pack brahmin and guards.

>>25652388
I always thought she'd be angry when drunk, but so poorly coordinated that she's harmless.
>>
>>25652408
>>25652399
adorable small horse hooves are made out of marshmallows anons, how much could they hurt?
>>
>>25648334
What's that reaction supposed to mean?
>>
>>25652418
>famous last words
>>
>>25652434
>filly
>8 stregth
>>
>>25652434
>6 years old
>stronger than most adults
>>
>>25652442
>>25652449

She's also low IQ to balance it out.
>>
>>25652467
That's not the point. The point is that she has 8 STR and she's six.
>>
>>25652467
You rather missed the point.
>>
File: ScreenShot436.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot436.png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>25643750
>>
>>25652415
Get back to work.
>>
>>25652479
>>25652481
You don't just fucking grow SPECIAL, anons. Are you telling me that he should pick a low STR because she's young and have it stay exactly the same when she's older? It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>25652499
She could take special training perks when she grows up :^)
>>
File: Screenshot_19.png (176KB, 286x252px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_19.png
176KB, 286x252px
>>25652499
But it DOES have to make sense, you dolt.

Excuse me while I design my first PNP character
He's a fragile looking zebra riddled with bone cancer and has a body cast

He has 8 strength.
>>
>>25652499
Of course you grow SPECIAL. You play the games as adults, you've already done the growing.
He gave her small frame for free because of her age. Her base can be 8, but she isn't anywhere near being full grown, so there should be a temporary reduction that shrinks as she grows up.
Or do you actually think it would make sense for her to be as strong now as she will be as and adult?
>>
>>25652544
>>25652553
I don't PnP m8s. I don't know how you nerds handle things.
>>
>>25652571
This isn't PnP.
It's basic logic.
>>
File: Legate.png (409KB, 1024x922px) Image search: [Google]
Legate.png
409KB, 1024x922px
>>25652320
Trojans (name pending)
An army of slaves in vein of NV's Caesar's Legion, but the core difference being that they imitate the cruelest and harsh values of the Three Ancient Pony Tribes as they believe that going back to their historical roots will enable them to thrive in their irradiated nation.
They comprise of ponies who remained in the homeland of the Three Ancient Pony Tribes, a humble assortment of wasteland towns and tribes where the significance of their country's history faded to obscurity until the mass exodus of raiders being driven out of Equestria post-Sunshine and Rainbows, pillaging and victimizing inhabitants throughout the regions. After finding old texts about what what the Three Tribes used to be, one pony banded his fellow countryfolk and tribes together into a reactionary military society to drive out the raiders. However, these once humble ponies need a slave economy to keep their empire running, and are eternally resentful to the NCR/Equestria for indirectly causing the Trojans to become what they are.
>>
>>25652553
>>25652592
You pick your SPECIAL when you're a baby in F3, so...
>>
>>25652553
I actually intend to play her as a child, not aging, or growing up. So if I'm playing a pnp, she needs to be able to hold her own. She's born a raider, and I didn't want her to be immediately killed by other players.

Besides, I just like making characters with weird stats. I wanted a child with stooper strength.

I also have an Epony with low strength, but high agility and intelligence.
>>
>>25652620
And it's not relevant until you're nineteen.
>>
>>25652640
Doesn't change the fact that you can be a fucking toddler and a 10 year old with 10 STR.
>>
File: harmony movement.png (386KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
harmony movement.png
386KB, 1500x1200px
>>25652571
I don't PNP either, I'm just like, using that as an example

>>25652622
Well, don't get all upset when we call it weird then!

>>25652597
>Trojans (name pending)
>An army of slaves in vein of NV's Caesar's Legion, but the core difference being that they imitate the cruelest and harsh values of the Three Ancient Pony Tribes as they believe that going back to their historical roots will enable them to thrive in their irradiated nation.

>>25652597
Ooh, I'm loving that faction info

>tfw armor design is almost the same as mine
But mine's like that because they basically modernized the pre-war guard armor, like the ones from the show that guard Canterlot
>>
>>25652665
Except you can't. That's what you will have, as an adult.
>>
>>25652665
But it does change it considering you play as an adult

Unlike anon up there that plays as a kid

c:
>>
File: Whoops.png (2MB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
Whoops.png
2MB, 1280x989px
>>25652320
An assortment of griffons who splintered from Gawd's Talons, desiring to continue working for profit and mercenary contracts rather than contribute to rebuilding Equestria and ventured far south of Equestria to more lawless regions to operate. Formerly comprised of the worst aspects of the Talons, they will take any contract, and be excessive in its execution. A 'quest' in my story would have been to instating a young griffon into her father's office and decide whether to reform the mercenary organization to the old ideals of the Talons or remain amoral freelancers.
This faction would refer themselves as The Gunners
>>
>>25652695
That oughtta ruffle Gawd's feathers, seeing her underlings split off like that.
Any retaliation on her part?
>>
>>25652677
That was some other anon. Not me. I just lit the fire to watch the flame war.

To everyone else:

Who says a 6 year old in a pnp can't have 8 str?

I thought the point was to make your own characters however you liked?

I followed the rule book, and nowhere did it state that you can't have a high strength child.
>>
>>25652791
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>25652808
Just be cause I shouldn't, means I will.
>>
File: tact.png (40KB, 150x193px) Image search: [Google]
tact.png
40KB, 150x193px
>>25652791
>I thought the point was to make your own characters however you liked?
>>
>>25652818
Eugh, don't be that guy, anon.
Nobody likes that guy.
>>
>>25652791
Characters that don't make sense are lazy.
People want to know why they're odd. If your only explanation is "lol game mechanics" then no ones going to think much of your character.
>>
File: Huufmentari.png (1MB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Huufmentari.png
1MB, 1500x1200px
>>25652717
The concept was that while one of the protagonists is in Equestria, Gawd or NCR's next Arbiter will impart essentially, "Oh yeah, while you're there. Go kill those Gunners for turning their back on us."

While the Gunners are deciding to align with the Trojans against Equestria, and it's up to the other protagonist whether to decimate them, reintegrate them back to Equestria, or allow the alliance with the Trojans to happen. The latter is an option on the table especially considering that despite the Trojan's harsh policies, the NCR are the invading aggressors in conflict and the implication they caused all the hardships for the Trojans in the first place.
>>
>>25652320
(if anybody wants to improve and/or take my concept, be my guest)
The idea was for this faction to be drawn from NV's Powder Gangers, which for now in the context of FoE I'll be calling them the Cherry Bombers. Convicts who broke out of an NCR prison facility. However the faction has the twist of being short lived as the NCR immediately curbs their activities, with a few lucky to slip back into surrounding settlements or getting release pardon. I've all but scrapped this plan as they're almost nothing more than a copy-paste in their origin.
>>
File: Aneigh, True to Silver Tongue!.jpg (93KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Aneigh, True to Silver Tongue!.jpg
93KB, 900x900px
>>25652677
Ain't much I can glean what they can become from Hearth's Warming Eve episode... or how much of the play is accurate.

Wagers up whether The Trojans depiction in my idea is practicing the true non-bowlderized values of the Three Ancient Tribes or exaggerated the Tribes most extreme lifestyles to suit their purposes.
ie the possibility of misinterpreting The Earth Pony Tribes' hard labour for mass slavery. The Pegasus Tribe' military society as conquerors...and I don't know what the Trojans can draw from the Unicorn Tribe if they can't claim to raise the sun or moon in modern Equestria.
>>
>>25653006
I'd ditch that pronto, bruv
Copy-pasted stuff is awful and can't be done right

>>25653057
Oh, I didn't mean to include the quoting above the last part, sorry!
Sounds like an interesting faction. an analogue done right, unlike the Cherry Bombers up there.
>>
File: It's Good For Her Coat.png (825KB, 3708x4026px) Image search: [Google]
It's Good For Her Coat.png
825KB, 3708x4026px
bump
>>
>>25652320
I have an idea for a faction of ghoul fillies or mostly fillies that sit around playing tea party all day because nigh immortality. They also have some pull in the area because their "butlers" and "maids" are combat robots reprogrammed to serve them.

Another potential group is a bunch of chemical cultists, holed up in a chemical plant with what seems like a near endless supply of chemicals to terrorize people with. They keep an iron grip on their territory by brute force and sacrificing prisoners to their chemical God (which is really just some of those old safety signs with a cute cartoon character on it.)

A faction I know I'm probably going to put in maybe is an all female settlement that runs out of a store/strip mall/mall. They're led by a battle loving mare who also has plans to expand their settlement and gang. They're rather neutral, allowing trade and such, but very agressive when it comes time to defend their home or take out a rival.
>>
>>25652320
I have a faction based from the Regulators from Fallout 3. The faction is called the Shadowbolts and is a group of ponies operating as a kind of secret vigilante army, training their militant wing of pegasi and batponies in highly advanced stealth techniques and flying maneuvers while having their unicorns and earf pones serving as spies in the field (given the rarity of pegasi in the wastes, having one as a spy wouldnt be very wise).
>>
>>25655259
I just borrowed the regulators wholesale because i'm a lazy fuck and they weren't important anyway
>>
About factions, has anyone done anything with The Pinks? I know they were in that memory orb sequence in WEcon, but that's all that comes to mind.
>>
File: 1417928889163.png (89KB, 427x570px) Image search: [Google]
1417928889163.png
89KB, 427x570px
>>25648733
>>25648854
i love you
>>
>>25655720
Well then, Ham's done something with them, no?
>>
Holy shit bump
>>
>>25656829
You've been walking for days, scavenging has given you almost nothing. You drank from puddles and felt the rads, old food scraps that were hardly edible threatened to make you sick.

You weren't going to last much longer.

But in the distance you see something. A group of ponies camped out. You hurry towards them with renewed vigor, but upon closing in your heart sinks.

Slavers. Some of the ponies are wearing chains and collars, but it appears they have food and water.

What do?
>>
R63 protags.

How soon would readers pick up on a sudden gender change?
>>
File: [teleports behind u].gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
[teleports behind u].gif
1007KB, 273x429px
>>25656860
*unsheathes pool cue*
>>
>>25656860
Oh shit. Do we have some way to not get enslaved? I'd rather barter for water than getting the collar. Do we have any pull with the locals or have any favors owed us by a powerful figure?

Check inventory.
>>
>>25656864
Depends on how realistic it is (how quickly the character tries masturbating after they realize what happened)
>>
>>25656864
I'm having my character lose the... "bits" instantly, but having the actual gender chance happen over a greater period of time.
>>
>>25656860
The answer is as frightening as it is obvious. Hope they don't work for Red Eye, at least that way our odds of surviving slavery at all are improved.
>>
>>25656983
I don't really think that would make sense if the character themselves was unaware of the change. Unless frequent fapping was a defining characteristic in the first place, anyway.
>>
>>25657057
That's a pretty big change to be unaware of.
>>
>>25657057
Well, if they were aware of the change it would be immediate.

If the author tried to avoid giving it away, you could probably go on with ambiguity forever.
>>
>>25657068
>>25657072
Maybe I didn't explain well enough. The hypothetical was more continuing to write a story as if the R63'd character had always been that way, so no one would really be drawing attention to it.

Then the question had been, how soon would a reader pick up on a change like that if no one was calling attention to it. A PER check, if you will.
>>
>>25657083
They'd pick up on it when the wrong pronouns were used? It's kinda a stupid question.
>>
>>25657101
You'd think so, but a lot of people gloss over small stuff like that. It just doesn't register. Kind of like reading an intentionally typo'd word as the correct word in a sentence.
>>
>>25657125
Well yeah, because most people expect the author to maintain the integrity of the narrative, not just drop some random change in for the lulz.
>>
>>25657135
I hardly think expectations and trust are the mechanics at play there.
>>
>>25657147
Except they are because they directly effect your weird question?
>>
>>25657101
Keep in mind a lot of people thought Pip was a dude until she actually started masturbating. They completely glanced over the barn door comment at the beginning of the story.
>>
>>25657160
That's because of a lack of information at the beginning of a story, not halfway through. The two scenarios are different. One has an established gender being changed without reason, and one is reader ignorance combined with a lack of description.
>>
>>25652320
Well I had this concept I'd been working on of a group of Tribals descended from a group who took the Enclave hiding themselves away pretty damn hard. Eventually that desire for revenge became their reason for being, bolstered by the fact they have slowly been repairing a pre-war airship to achieve the vengeance they crave.

They of course, are doomed to fail and end up plasma'd to death.
>>
>>25656975
>>25657029
You think for a moment and then hunker down to check your saddlebags.

>96 rounds of .45 ACP, not including the current magazine
>1 healing potion
>two hits of Dash
>1 syringe of med-x
>1 half roll of duct tape
>1 half used bottle of wonderglue
>1 combat knife, slightly 'used'
>1 mine, a dud
>1 empty canteen
>36 caps
>1 small black case

You weighed up your options for a moment, glancing down at yourself. The combat armor you wore was a bit beat up with obvious signs of repair in some places, but you were sure it could hold up.
Surrender was not an option either as you were far outside any slaver's territory that you knew of, and what you knew of this 'Red Eye' character was a lack of distinction between whom he would pay to enslave.
Besides, the wound on your back from days earlier was still fresh in your mind. You didn't feel like being captured again.

What do?
>>
File: blackjack is heart.jpg (42KB, 487x389px) Image search: [Google]
blackjack is heart.jpg
42KB, 487x389px
>>25656860
Equip my plot armour and let them rape me to distract them giving the slaves a chance to escape while sustaining myself on slavercum and masochistic angst.
>>
>>25657339
How many slavers are there?
>>
>>25657339
Take all the drugs, duct tape the knife to our forehead and headbutt them all to death.
>>
How difficult would it be to do field medic work on a wing without magic medicines? The wing got pounded and broken by another pegasus in a fight. Would the victim be able to work on it themself, or would they need another?
What sort of work needs to be done to it?
>>
>>25657458
Going to have to wonderglue the knife, can we shoot them before we headstab them?
>>
>>25657458
You shake your head roughly, the lack of food and water is making you consider some ridiculous things. Besides, your horn would be in the way of the knife.

You shake your head roughly again.
>>25657451
You check again, peering over a low ridge at the group. Two of them seem to be picking on one of the slaves, another is keeping a look out and a fourth is trying to start a fire.
You spotted what looked like a fifth slaver but they were lying down like the rest of the slaves, making it difficult to tell. The group in general was nestled by a large, rocky outcropping that acted as a rear guard to their camp.

What do?
>>
>>25657339
>1 working pipbuck
I'm dumb and forgot to mention this.
>>
>>25657533
Treat a broken wing like a broken arm.
>>
>>25657551
See if can sneak up on the lookout for a kill with the knife, if they notice you, get close then take all the drugs and start shooting.
>>
>>25657564
How should that work if they passed out from their injuries for a two days? What should be done of the infection or other issues from that?
>>
>>25657339
Maybe we can do something with the mine. No one would test it because it would detonate, right? I wonder if we can barter it for some water.

If we really want to go crazy, we can pop up behind someone with the mine taped to us and threaten to blow everyone to kingdom come unless we get some water. I'd rather not do that though. We are a good little pony, not a raider. R-right?
>>
>>25657597
>two days
As time goes on, that gets worse and worse. If much more time goes by, the wing might start to heal where it is, and need to be broken again to be set back into place.

As it is... depends on the skill of the pegasus in question. Someone with decent knowledge of first aid could probably get it back where it's supposed to be, such that it would heal alright, but wouldn't be flight worthy for a while. Some might be completely unable to do anything about it.

But as for what to do, depends on the break. You'd have to find some way to set the bone - if it's a fracture under the skin, a splint would probably be enough. If it's a compound fracture - piece of bone breaks the skin - you'd need to bandage it, too. If the latter went untreated for two days, you might well have some sort of nasty infection already. Antibiotics, potentially needed. If the bone sheared completely, I'd say it would be iffy if it would ever heal, even with a doctor.
>>
>>25657551
Sneak in on the one guarding and stab him. Take his weapons and move in on the one starting the fire. Next is the one laying down. Then the two playing with the slave. Stealth is the only answer to superior numbers and firepower.
>>
How broken is the wing, is it a single clean break in the middle? have shards of fractured bone broken the skin?

Without help the best your character can do is to put it in a sling, with a friend then have it put in a splint.

Considering how dirty the wasteland is, if a serious open wound wasn't treated with an antiseptic and dressed in hours and left for two days, short of magic it would mean gangrene followed by amputation of the limb or death.
>>
>>25657685
Failing that, exploit speed and surprise while you still can.

Take dash and rush through the camp shooting each slaver a few times without breaking stride.
When you get through the camp, loop around and make sure they are dead with bullets to the head.
>>
>>25657711
So from you, they're pretty fucked and need a sudden friend to show up and help them.

>>25657666
Crushed, his opponent trampled on the wings during the fight.
>>
>>25657589
>>25657685
>>25657641
You look over the knife again, examining the dried blood you failed to clean off by the hilt. The previous ponies you had killed came to mind, particularly the panicked look on their faces when they realized what had happened, and the noises they made. Goddesses, those sounds were awful.
You shuddered and swallowed hard. You hated that part, but it wasn't your fault. You did what you had to, and you'd do it again.
The Dash came to mind as well, and would help if it came down to a fire fight. You hated taking drugs because they always messed with your head, making you feel foggy and sluggish, but you still accepted their usefulness in the moment. It would be just another sacrifice you'd need to make.
The mine on the other hoof, you thought maybe you could rearm it, or sell it cheap to somepony who could. Or maybe it could explode if you shot it. It was a desperate and thoughtless notion but perhaps you could use it to scare them somehow.
You'd keep it in mind.

You begin to maneuver yourself closer to the camp, bits of what the two slavers becoming more audible as you came closer.
They were picking on a mare, 'bastards' you whispered under your breath. You wanted to use magic to assist your approach but in your current state, you couldn't trust yourself to maintain that level of focus. Not for very long anyway.

Ten achingly slow minutes later, you made it all the way around to the right of the camp and around the rocky outcropping itself.

A voice called out, "Quite fuckin' with the merchandise!"
You made a mental note: female, gravelly, older. Must have been the one working on the fire, and pointing your ear to the edge of the rock suggested she was closer to you than the lookout; but both their backs were to you now.

The other two grumbled but obeyed, moving around the camp.

"I'm gonna piss," one said, while the other just grunted.

What do?
>>
>>25657838
Ohshit how good are we at sneaking? Do we really want to risk a confrontation or should we try and bargain for water?
>>
>>25657838
Knife the piss one. Then we could either wait for them to come looking in the dark or move on them before they realize he's missing.
>>
>>25657790
You could say that the bones were crushed but didn't break through the skin with only minor cuts on the skin from the trampling.

After two days this would leave your character with cuts scabbed over and leaking pus in places perhaps with a slight fever too and a badly bruised and bloated wing, which would need to be put in a sling.

It would hurt with every sudden move and step taken but he/she should live until they find a town or proper medical attention.
>>
>>25657919
We would stand a lot better chance if we could kill the lookout too before they go looking.

It would leave three slavers, and one would need to stay with the slaves or their collars explode.
>>
>>25657911
>>25657919
I will continue this later if you want
>>
>>25658006
True. What we really need is a better weapon off one of them. Hopefully piss guy has a gun on him.

>>25658020
Sure.
>>
>>25657919
>Knife the piss one.
What a quote
>>
>>25658276
Oh dear. I hope I don't unwittingly summon fetishanon.
>>
>>25657968
Okay, sounds good.

If I wanted to have a companion wake them up from whatever place they crawled too, what are the various sapient races in FOE?

Like could I have a talking Manticore in place of Goris the Deathclaw, or an unusually perceptive bear like the one Flutershy has?
>>
>>25657911
>>25657919
Despite your hunger and growling stomach (you froze and held your breath while the gurgle passed), you were confident in your stealth abilities. You may not have had the same cover of dark a few days ago, but your cloak was made to blend in with the wasteland. It would at least give you a head start on him if he spotted you.
You crept backwards, flicking your ears nervously. His hoofsteps crunched on dirt and rocks while he head towards the direction you were facing.
Farther back you went, listening to his approach. He was coming towards you around the rock, properly out of sight but not quite in front of you yet when he stopped and grunted.
Hooves slid over gravel again as he set himself to relieve himself. You set your jaw and held the knife ready, creeping forward slightly.
His ear was just visible past the edge of the rock, mustard yellow, and he was facing your direction. Then the sound of liquid shooting into dirt hit your ears.

How do you take him down?
describe what methods you use to eliminate him, you have a working pipbuck, a spell to muffle noise for a few seconds, and there are small rocks nearby. Be back later again.
>>
>>25658640
Knife on his dick, tell him if he makes any noise its going to be for the New Church of Pip Quire as a tenor. Pull him away and choke him out before working on the rest of the group.
>>
>>25658640
Spell to muffle noise? Perfect. Just mute it. But really, are we sure we want to be this violent about it?
>>
>>25658640
Drop a rock behind him, muffle our approach when he turns and cut his throat with the knife. Use SATS to make sure it hits.
>>
>>25658317
Dare you enter my realm?
>>
>>25658317
Who is this and why?
>>
>>25659611
The guy who ban dodges and posts porn with reckless abandon.
>>
>>25659629
Oh I thought that was the guy who writes long posts about really weird fetishy things.
>>
>>25659702
They're probably the same guy desu.
>>
>>25659702
>>25659629
Any examples?
>>
>>25659801
I know that's you, fetishanon.
>>
>>25659720
God fucking dammit, 4chan. You made me look ridiculous.
>>
>>25659861
baka desu senpai
>>
File: Homage 3.png (196KB, 1164x1161px) Image search: [Google]
Homage 3.png
196KB, 1164x1161px
Post Bluefake
>>
File: 2.png (464KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
464KB, 3000x3000px
probably continue the cyoa after christmas
>>
File: 4.png (313KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
313KB, 3000x3000px
>>
>>25639400
>Work in a bank
>>
https://derpibooru.org/1036527

C U C K E D
>>
File: 1446610756253.png (598KB, 4742x3441px) Image search: [Google]
1446610756253.png
598KB, 4742x3441px
>>25660693
Right, so does this mean I should finish the crushing and microplay clopfic then DILeak and Tofu?
>>
>>25660745
Sure, not like anyone is gonna read it unless they're really into that fetish.
>>
>>25660762
Actually, they are two separate fetishes. They interact frequently, but that's like saying femdom and anal or gay and anal are a fetish.
>>
>>25660809
>>25660762
>not FOE and diapers

Unfortunately there are no explicits for this combo. Sorry, no bans for me.
>>
>>25660693
does that confirm machsolrara?
>>
>>25661446
I like to imagine they never truly stopped being a thing :^)
>>
>>25662167
You can only handle so much of aussie pone before you have to go after horribly-oversaturated-femdom mare Who apparently liked to make Mach crossdress which explains why he bottomed when he fucked Air Raid.
>>
>>25662570
Mach just likes being pretty. He's very secure in his sexuality. At least when he's sober
>>
Question, where on the Equestria map are some of the sidefic locations? Specifically Hoofington (PH), Dise (Heroes primarily), wherever Outlaw takes place (sorry, forgot the regional name), and such others. Is there actually a map showing where most of the fics take place?
>>
>>25663151
No but it might be neat to make one!
>>
>>25663151
Locations in FoE are a bit vague. Especially since Kkat's official map for Equestria has been kinda gay.
>>
>>25663257

I spent a couple hours googling. No such luck. Fuck it, making one. It's not going to be pretty.

So, people. I have the new show-cannon map and I'm doing the outline now. Obviously places like Canterlot and Ponyville (or "Pon Evil" according to one of the maps, which gave me a chuckle) are going to be easy and can be placed where they already are on the map.

Does anybody remember where other things are referenced in the original? For instance, Spike's Cave? Was it close to Manehattan or am I high?

I will put more posts as I go on and have no idea where to put things.
>>
>>25663151
>Frozen Skies
You know that train station in the show? The one that heads from Ponyville train station to pretty much everywhere else, including Hoth? Follow that North to not-quite-Hoth, maybe even Just-About-Hoth, and you're in Northern Equestria.
>>
File: eq_map.jpg (1MB, 1400x860px) Image search: [Google]
eq_map.jpg
1MB, 1400x860px
>>25663151
>>25664701

This is the map I'm using as reference.

>>25664732
I... haven't read Frozen Skies yet..! It's on my to read list though! I can't spot Hoth on the map. Looks like the train goes straight to the Crystal Emppire. Also the weird rainbow village thing that's happening up above Starlight's Village that I have no recollection of. The hell even is that?

So, friend, can you touch on the doll where the man tou- er... Can you let me know where "Hoth" is on the map?

>That is, unless I'm being an idiot and taking Hoth seriously and not as a joke about the planet from Star Wars.
>Because it was cold.
>>
>>25664816
That's a bad map for reference. Keep in mind that the original story was written way back in season 1 and 2, most of the stuff on that map is new.
>>
File: Frozen Skies.jpg (561KB, 1400x860px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Skies.jpg
561KB, 1400x860px
>>25664816
Ahh, that map. Well, I suppose it isn't exactly to scale as far as we had in mind, but this is pretty much were it is. Honestly though, that map didn't exist when FOE was made.
>>
File: S1Map.jpg (339KB, 1160x689px) Image search: [Google]
S1Map.jpg
339KB, 1160x689px
>>25664908
True story. I just looked at a season one map (included) and it seems it's roughly the same. It just expanded on a bit here and there. primarily zooming out the view, which maybe would be useful for some fics (like Heroes/others that take place in Caledonia, which I /think/ is supposed to be northish of Equestria proper; or like Frozen Skies apparently). Good call though! Made me double check everything.
>>
>>25663151
Treasure Hunting takes place on the eastern edge of the Unicorn Range according to this map: >>25664816 South of the Galloping Gorge, west of Cloudsdale. Obviously, I took the map to not be to scale and that things are far more spread out than they're shown there.

Of course, it's all a crapshoot considering Kkat never gave cardinal directions or any sort of concrete reference for locations at all, and I've done similar other than 'east of the Unicorn Range' so Hidden had something more to bitch about when it came to cheater magic-using unicorns.
>>
>>25664940
What I'm saying, is that there never was a drawn out official map that Kkat used for reference. Everything started off so abstract, there will pretty much never be an "official" map. It's unfortunate, but... I guess there isn't much to do about it at this point.
>>
>>25665015
>>25665045
Yeah, the no maps things makes me a sad panda. I was trying to think of where things were and couldn't visualize it. So now I am. Won't be cannon, but it will be nice. (At least for me.)

>not be to scale
Yeah, even in the show proper the proportions are wonky. Figure it would be nice for a general idea though.
>>
>>25665086
maps are good too
>>
>>25665086
Whelp, heading to bed. I'll continue tomorrow!
>>
File: FoE_Mk_1.png (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FoE_Mk_1.png
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>25665543
I lied kinda. Here's the first draft. Still need to... well.... everything. But yeah! Sleep, then more places.
>>
File: SkypePhoto_20151123_113443.jpg (176KB, 753x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SkypePhoto_20151123_113443.jpg
176KB, 753x1200px
Bump
>>
I've actually thought about making a map using the canon map to correctly place all the locations that are visited in the most prominent of stories. Of course using the original fic and branching from there. I also really liked the locations of Route 52 from Pink Eyes.
>>
>>25667317
And I thing the pnp site Roll20.net could be used as a collaboration site so long as is ends up as a grid based map. I would be cool to make it a 1 to 1 mak so that it can be directly used as a pnp game map, but that means it would be huge if one square on the map is one meter.

But I'm not afraid of a challenge, and if we were to all collab on it, it wouldn't be nearly as time consuming as feared, it would be pretty much a 2D top down view of a minecraft map.
>>
>>25665638
You're doing God's work, Anon. A semi official map would definitely help visualising where shit is.

Also try to figure out where the zebras come from, I would have thought it's 'the undiscovered west' but I could be wrong.
>>
I have a feeling that this will be pretty important to reverence.

Also, I think this is accurate for the placement of the zebra lands just by looking at the african style trees.

https://derpibooru.org/826778?scope=scped2f4f49bd67562b1ebd6520e68226ba9078544cf
>>
>>25667830
Damn. I actually kind of enjoyed having no fucking clue what way around the map was supposed to be. It was almost like Equestria was on a flat earth.
>>
>>25667862
More like the map is only a small segment localized on Equestria.
>>
>>25667830
Say, would the griffon lands be free of the fallout since they weren't involved in the conflict?
>>
>>25667906
And would that make it some kind of paradise / holy land?
>>
Here's a map overlay.

https://derpibooru.org/826393?scope=scped2f4f49bd67562b1ebd6520e68226ba9078544cf
>>
>>25667954
> Pip walked to Manehattan while somehow not even noticing Canterlot and Fillydelphia along the way
Not sure how compatible this is with the story.
>>
>>25668000
I do believe the term is not to scale.
>>
>>25668000
Trips confirmed.
>>
>>25668000
The story is compatible with the map. she just clearly took a route that didn't go near Canterlot.

Even in the show it takes several hours on a train to get there, so it could be really far. Seeing as how from ponyville, all your see it the peek and the castle.
>>
>>25667906
If there was a nation of mercenaries fighting for my enemies I'd nuke the shit out of them. I don't know if the ponies would do differently, though.
>>
>>25668089
If it's a nation of mercenaries, just out bid your opponent.
>>
>>25668087
Travel in the show is at the speed of plot. Ponyville is, however, basically in the direct shadow of Canterlot pretty consistently, and on the map it's bunched right up there. Stray pink cloud should be rolling over Ponyville like radiation storms off the Glowing Sea.
>>
>>25668131
In all the shots of Ponyville from ground level you can't see Canterlot. So, I think that unless you knew where to look, you would never notice Canterlot in the distance. And wasn't it night time when Pip was stumbling through Ponyville? Cause I remember the first thing she did out of the stable was to freak out when she saw the stars beyond the clouds.
>>
File: JMPVVyi.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
JMPVVyi.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Whelp, I'm up again. Worked for about an hour and lost my work to a power outage.
>Pic related
Got food, now I'm working on it again. Don't expect much! I've only got the most basic comprehension of Illustrator. Dammit Jim I'm a pony not a graphic designer!
>Will update as it goes

>>25667830
>>25667954
Thank you based anon(s)! Between the map I linked earlier and these, I should be able to find most of the show-canon locations. Being ale to read the small-ass font for some of them is a bit of a challenge though. Still need to figure out where some of the wasteland locations are though.

>>25668087
>took a route that didn't go near Canterlot.
Yeah, didn't she go through Appleloosa? That's the opposite direction of canterlot.

>>25668131
>speed of plot
Right you are, Ken! Remember the Yak episode? Them were some fast trains, and even faster sleds.

>>25667317
>Big 52
Where the hell actually is that? I have no damn idea. Did they ever give reference locations in Pink Eyes for that?
>>
>>25668422
Note the links provided.

Big 52 starts near canterlot and goes south. Due south? Maybe it snakes a bit around major canon locations. Also, Emerald Shores isn't canon, so it will be hard to place.

http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Route_52_(Pink_Eyes)
>>
File: PAIN.png (73KB, 188x300px) Image search: [Google]
PAIN.png
73KB, 188x300px
I am realizing that the Zona has no way of being canon. :L

I wanted it to be in a desolate desert area with canyons and mesas and shit, but looking at the maps up there, I can't see anything up there that'd match what I wanted.
>>
File: ClYq1zV.png (179KB, 490x740px) Image search: [Google]
ClYq1zV.png
179KB, 490x740px
>>25668855
Triple dubs confirm crushed dreams
>>
>>25668855
You know a desert can form pretty fast in the right conditions.
>>
>>25668855
It could be part of the San Palamino Desert?
>>
>>25668872
Aye, but my thoughts were that it was a barren shithole BEFORE the bombs fell, and only got somehow worse afterwards
>>
>>25668855
Look at the badlands marked on the map. It could be in that area.
>>
File: The_village_S5E1.png (708KB, 1258x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_village_S5E1.png
708KB, 1258x720px
>>25668885
Oh wait!
The place where Our Town was, the place Starlight GLimmer had that thing. Look at the surrounding mountains and stuff. Maybe that could work?
>>
>>25668888
Where abouts is the Zona supposed to be again?
>>
>>25668924
Pre-war Marizona. It was chosen because it was so desolate and out of the way that no one would suspect any happenings. Like Nevada and Area 52.

The surrounding hills also have a high amount of copper in them, so all radio signals that come from inside bounce back into the area, preventing spying fro faraway
>>
>>25668951
No I meant where on the compass is it from Canterlot?
>>
File: Screenshot_22.png (2MB, 1168x636px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_22.png
2MB, 1168x636px
>>25668986
Looking at it now, that area where the season 5 premier took place might work
>>
>>25669014
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Wouldn't have worked if you'd already stated in story that it was south of Canterlot.
>>
File: FoE_Mk_2.png (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FoE_Mk_2.png
232KB, 1920x1080px
>Dat Gradient

Working on it still! After I get the main map done I'll start working on actual cities and places.
>>
>>25669014
>>25668855
>>25668912
It's probably fair to say that the show just makes up locations as the plot demands and the geography shifts to fit them.
>>
>>25652467
Don't go there, Somber.
>>
>>25669174
Use this as well.

http://fonypan.deviantart.com/art/Fallout-Equestria-Cartography-Symbols-330132786
>>
File: tumblr_ny5epl3gzO1uxdv6do1_1280.png (120KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny5epl3gzO1uxdv6do1_1280.png
120KB, 792x792px
>>25669203
That's turbo neat and an awesome idea. Much better than the stupid black square nonsense I was doing. Is there a vector of it by chance so I can resize them without dying?
>>
File: large (7).png (939KB, 1280x693px) Image search: [Google]
large (7).png
939KB, 1280x693px
Writefags, tell me about your locales.

How'd you come up with the locations you're using in your fics? Did you take a canon place and post-apocalypsize them? What makes yourplace stand out from generic wasteland #33424? What unique and familiar dangers does your locale present for your protags?
>>
>>25669252
I've only found these in .png, I don't know if there is a vector.
>>
>>25669260
Someone told me to write what I know.

Buuuuut, it's pretty much impossible to ponify Providence, and there are really no other notable towns or cities in my state, so I went with Boston instead. I figured: "Hey, everyone knows where Boston is."

I also wanted to distance myself from the source material so I wouldn't be forced to use its beastiary or layout. It's allowed me to make several of my own unique creatures and locations, factions and geography.
>>
>>25646302
Can't have a lesbian male.
>>
>>25669359
Lesbians are overrated.
>>
>>25669359
All males are lesbians. Trust me, I am science.
>>
>>25669359
But you can have a gay female.

Equal rights or no rights, come on.
>>
>>25669268
Alright. Did a live trace on it for vectors.
>Took me a half hour to figure out how to do that.
>I am not a smart man.

Problem, don't know what to use for regular old Steel Rangers. There's AJ Rangers, but not regular. Maybe just the MoWT symbol?
>>
>>25669501
Wartime technology.
>>
>>25669501
>>25669530
Take the MWT symbol and leave the sword and gears outlined rather than filled to differentiate it.
>>
>>25669260
Since Manechester was literally just because I was familiar with the English north and I could make it funny by drawing parallels to canon and making it look dumb, I'll talk about San Cimarron instead. Spoilered because I literally started Make Love Not War a week ago and some of this probably won't be evident for weeks or months yet.

SC began life as horsified New Mexico. However, as time went on, I wanted to borrow bits and pieces from further afield, and trying to cram them into one place would get a bit confusing because people would cross-reference it with real life geography that I wasn't amazingly familiar with. (You can go through Duck and Cover and track their route using a map of northwest England!)

San Cimarron represents the science and science fiction of the American south and southwest, translated to Equestria because of the America-Equestria analogy. I wanted the classic Fallout desert with the modern Fallout scientists. This is the part of the world with like, Los Alamos, branches of NASA, Roswell, Area 51, the Albuquerque Isotopes, Breaking Bad, Evolution (that shitty movie with David Duchovny) - that was the sphere of influences (both good and bad) I wanted to draw on.

The wasteland around San Cimarron is a littered with high-tech nonsense. Everyone has lasers. The big local diner chain is called Satellite Sam's. Alien conspiracy material is everywhere. Rogue robots are common enough that people think they might still be being made. The remains of automated homes serve as deathtraps for scavengers.
>>
Aw yiss, Mech finished my draw.
>>
She lacks the brains but has the buns
Who am I to be given these bans
Its me fetishanon in your thread
Here to give you Christmas dread
>>
>>25669744
He's a big guy.
>>
File: If the minotaur wins.png (386KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
If the minotaur wins.png
386KB, 700x700px
>>25669744
Cute birdies!
>>
File: swole.png (195KB, 2672x2737px) Image search: [Google]
swole.png
195KB, 2672x2737px
>>25669744
Wow, he really wants to pet them.
>>
File: no.png (190KB, 1269x733px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
190KB, 1269x733px
>>25669859
>>
>>25670301
What are you doing? now the raider mares won't want to be washed in that, knowing that fetishanon was in there.
>>
File: gs.png (208KB, 1194x1378px) Image search: [Google]
gs.png
208KB, 1194x1378px
>>
File: bath horse.png (1MB, 2304x2285px) Image search: [Google]
bath horse.png
1MB, 2304x2285px
>>25670410
Yep, look how cranky she is.
>>
>>25670491
That birdie needs a preenin'
>>
File: 1.png (170KB, 1292x1816px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
170KB, 1292x1816px
>>25670519
Well anon thats always an option once i start up the cyoa. Just dont expect it to end well.
>>
>>25646926
But frecklePip is bestPip
>>
File: FoE_Mk_3.png (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FoE_Mk_3.png
231KB, 1920x1080px
Allrighty folks. I've kinda finished the basic map. I might have to make it a bit bigger so you can read all the locations, but whatevs! That's why vectors are so handy. So, friends, help me figure out where everything should go. Here's a list of locations:

>These should be chronological appearance up til the Filly chapters.
Stable 2
PV: Raider Toll Bridge
Ponyville (PV)
PV: The Macintosh War Memorial
PV: Carousel Botique
Hope (HP)
HP: Ironshod Firearms
New Appleloosa
Stable 24
Appleloosa
Pinkie Pie Museum (Silver Bell)
Junction R-7
Shattered Hoof (Where they fought the dragon, Topaz)
Manehattan (MH)
Trixie's Cottage ("Outskirts of Manehattan")
Fetlock (Suburb surrounding Manehattan) (FL)
FL: SteelHoove's Shack
FL: Stable 29
MH: Four Stars (Transportation Company)
MH: Luna/Celestia Transit Lines
MH: Tenpony Tower (Also: MAS Hub)
MH: Gutterville (I think it's in MH?)
MH: Red Racer Offices
MH: MoM Hub (Hoofbeats on the bottom floor)

>These are in the story according to a few lists, but I forget the exact chronology.
Bucklyn Cross (Steel Ranger place)
Arbu
GRHAS (Arbu's radigator decoy)
Stable-Tec HQ (near Filly I think?)
Mariony
Splendid Valley/Crater
Old Olneigh (Near splendid valley, hellhounds)
PV: Fluttershy's Cottage
PV: Rock of Destiny (Wiki says near Sweet Apple Acres)
The Republic (Where Life Bloom was from)
MH: Horseshoe Tower (I don't remember what this was)
MH: Ground Zero
All the SPP towers
Glyphmark
Stable 1
Zebratown
The Cathedral (Everfree Forest, I think it was the old castle of the two sisters, right?)
Zecora's Hut
Killing Joke Hill
Spike's Cave
Friendship City
Neighvarro

(1/2 Post)
>>
>>25670792
Obviously a few of these are easy. Canterlot, Ponyville, Fillydelphia, Appleloosa, and Manehattan are all going to be the show canon places.
I assume the Cathedral will be the old castle of the two sisters. I think Stable 2 (Pip's) will be northwest of Ponyville.

Fluttershy's cabin would be east, since it's closer to Everfree (I think?).

I believe the Pinkie Pie Museum would be the rock farm that's Pinkie's old place.

Do you guys think Manehattan is the island (So like ponified manhattan) and then Fetlock and the other suburbs are on the mainland (like the rest of New York)?

Also, should the map be pre or post DOSAR? Splendid Valley would be replaced with Splendid Crater because of the huge ass explosion from the balefire bomb.

Beyond that. No idea really. I can make guesses, but I've already mentioned I'm not a smart man. What do you guys think?
>>
>>25658640
Meant to continue this yesterday but I decided that after 5-6 hours of sitting in a car and driving, I needed a break.

Will continue soon though.
>>
File: 1443579217211.png (59KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1443579217211.png
59KB, 567x567px
>>25670823
Oh, and come to think of it Canterlot would also be gone post DOSAR...
>>
>>25670704
Where did this frecklepup thing come from.
>>
>>25670873
Lucid says he started it, but I first saw it on a Lyra recolor and liked it, so I've been putting freckles on my Pips since then.
>>
>>25670873
I think someone pointed out she was descended from Appulhorse and it became a thing from there.
>>
I meant why is it so much a meme in thread now.
>>
>>25670792
Bucklyn is akin to NYC Brooklyn, so Bucklyn cross is just the Brooklyn Bridge, and therefore in Manehattan.

The ground zero of the bomb in Manehattan in my mind probably fell somewhere near Queens.

Splendid Valley is just the Diamond Dog lands, same place Rarity got her cutie mark. This place is somewhat ambiguous in the show map but it has to be close to ponyville.

Arbu is in Bucklyn, so Manehattan.

I think Friendship city was basically on an Equestrian equivalent of the Statue of Liberty.

Zebratown was near Canterlot. Stable 1 was also in Canterlot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spike's cave was the same one from Dragonshy.
>>
>>25658759
Knowing he was completely out of sight of the others, you decided to risk your Muffle spell. A soft field of light shone from your horn, as you began to form the spell.
Your muzzle twitched in annoyance, the color of your magic negative was a golden beige color, making it easy to hide but carefully focusing on how much power you fed into the spell. Need a blinding light? Check. Maybe a dim glow? Also check. It only went to make your stealthy approaches that much easier as a unicorn.
You never liked that about yourself these days. It wasn't who you wanted to be.
The faint bubble of light surrounding you began to crawl and bulge forward as you leaned to the right, around the edge of the rock. You finally got a better look at the stallion, and while his eyes were closed (thankfully) he still had a sour look on his face.
You gnawed on the knife in your mouth. Did you really want to be violent about this? You must have killed at least six or 7 ponies in the last week and a half. This wasn't healthy.
But you ignored that voice in favor of the one that reminded you they wouldn't show the same mercy. They were slavers, they would never show the same mercy.
The bubble of magic began to engulf the stallion's muzzle as you stopped moving closer. You were within reach, but now you needed to finish muffling his person. It would have to be done immediately after he stopped urinating, as the sudden lack of noise could be suspicious.
But ponies tend to open their eyes back up when they get close to finishing their 'business,' and it seems like he did too. The jet from his groin began to slow just as his eyes cracked open, you remained still, giving him just a moment before he realized he was looking at somepony.
Then you struck.
You surged forward, pushing the bubble with you to enclose the rest of him inside and silence the short scuffle.
"What the-!" he gasped as you threw your forelegs around his shoulders and slammed your cheek into his neck.

Cont.
>>
>>25671314
The blade sunk in easily, with a meaty *CHUT* closely followed by a shocked grunt. You pulled on his shoulders and shoved him against the rock, wrenching your face away from his neck with a pull and twist.
Your knife came free with a sick tearing noise and warm blood splashed against your left shoulder. Adjusting your stance, you pressed your full weight against him, pinning his head to the rock with a foreleg and waited for the struggling to end.
It was quick, only a few seconds, but the spasms of his death throws and the choking. That damn instinctual fight to stay alive when you're already dead. It was always the same no matter who was on the receiving end, and it always felt like it lasted forever.
Your stomach clenched suddenly forcing you to gag.
You did your best to hold it in, and be strong; but you couldn't.

Maybe it was a good thing you failed, and began to vomit. Nothing was in your stomach but the acids desperate to eat away at whatever sustenance you could feed yourself with. The burning, bitter taste fouled your mouth and you spit it up on the dead pony's shoulder.
You knew you couldn't indulge in the weakness, so you kept your eyes wide open and watching to where he had just come from, enduring the pain of your cramping stomach.
Once the movement had passed, you wiped your mouth with a midly cleaner sleeve and set your jaw again. Anger would help you through this ordeal, and the slowly growing ache in the center of your skull. You quickly turned the pony onto their back, carefully trying to maintain your spell while you dragged them further back to where you hid from him originally. He would be out of sight here, and you could catch your breath and plan how to take down the next target.

What do? Suggestions: You can Wait There or you can Move In
>>
So how would the fic change if Calamity, VR, and Pip race swapped?
Calamity now being a tk flying unicorn and Pip a very small pegasus?
>>
>>25671263
I'm not sure if you could call it a meme but I just think it's cute.
>>
>>25671331
He got anything useful on him?
>>
>>25671263
>I meant why is it so much a meme in thread now
Because you started a conversation about it?
>>
>>25669260

I needed an applicable horse pun name, as most settlements are horse puns. Blackfoot is a town in Idaho, Blackhoof is a pony version of that. The rest is making things fit and positioning things properly. Similarly, Buckatello is based on the town of Pocatello, which is nearby Blackfoot.

Of course, that's JUST for naming and placement, the actual layout is a mishmash of influences that I used to draw it up myself. Because I always had to consider what a place was used for during the War and before it, rather than just what it is in the Wasteland. Sure, ruins are ruins, but it was a store at one point. And there has to be a logical layout to a city somehow.
>>
File: FoE_Mk_4.png (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FoE_Mk_4.png
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>25671305
Thank you based anon! That will help me when I get there.

Right now I'm skimming through FoE proper to try and get details so I can pin down locations. I've only got one so far (the pie farm) where it's just not able to be relegated to show canon, but it's understandable since we didn't see the placement of the rock farm til season 5.

In chapter 10 they briefly stop over in "a raider town" because Calamity gets shot. I might be blind, is there a town name there? If there isn't, what should I name it?

>Attached current work in progress.
>Red are canon railways so I can visualize where they are, they'll be replaced later.
>Ignore big black text, those are also placeholders from show canon so I can find where things are.
>>
Any one else who writes gets fed up over what Kkat has wrote and is the standard? Sometimes I just want to write my own universe. There shit I just don't agree with in its writing.
>>
>>25672141
sombrero pls go
>>
>>25672168
Its mainly the brotherhood of steel is now the Steel Rangers and I hate the Ministry of "Blank" idea.
>>
>>25672141
So make your own Fallout, with blackjack... and hookers!

Wait no please don't do that.
>>
>>25672168
I find Somber an interesting character who talk openly here. He is no Riddle to me about his interests.
>>
>>25672141
The thing I hate is that everyone thinks their story has to fall in step behind FO:E.

I'd rather we make new and interesting stories that go to new places with new people, rather that endlessly relive the life of LittlePip.
>>
>>25672141
> There shit I just don't agree with in its writing.
Hello I spent a year with Kkat hating me on a very viscious and personal level for voicing my disagreements some of the story's stupidity
>>
>>25672215
It's a tricky line to walk, though. Too different and people say it's not FoE. Too similar and people complain that it's not unique enough.
>>
>>25672194
Ah but then we could see stripper Glory from Vector Brony, busy pole dancing as Blackjack desperately tries to win her freedom in a namesake card game.

Only for it too turn out Glory had to hire several earth ponies to carry her freshly filled sack cap out of the place. Blackjack going on about about the treachery of the stripper life as Glory keeps signing cards and handing out her radio frequency to a horde of stallions.

THe cap bag will obviously be confiscated by Blackjack to purchase a rare whiskey bottle.
Not a bottle of whiskey, just the glass.
>>
File: 1438728723220.gif (2MB, 286x215px) Image search: [Google]
1438728723220.gif
2MB, 286x215px
>>25672215
This and you have to mention so many even more autistic people will discredit your stuff if it ain't based around what Kkat wrote.

>>25672235
>mfw
What a cunt
>>
>>25671331
We've already dropped a poor sod, so I guess we just look him over for any goodies and then start looking for more targets. We need to do it horror movie style. One at a time.

>>25672194
Hah.
>>
File: Velcro.png (157KB, 846x468px) Image search: [Google]
Velcro.png
157KB, 846x468px
>>25672262
To be fair this wasn't exactly going into the IRC and calling the story shit, I kinda shouted it from the rooftops.

Pic related.
>>
>>25672292
You're doing god's work anon.
>>
>>25672292
Ohhhh shit, I remember when Kkat came into that reddit thread and started bitching about Toffee.

I forgot you pissed Kkat off with that one.
>>
>>25672292
Wait, you made that and Kkat got mad about it? What a shame, that video was hilarious. I figured the writer would have loved it.
>>
>>25672292
I never thought Toffee was made in mean spirits, though.
>>
>>25672330
Did a 180, actually. When Hoers first posted it, Kkat said something like

>"Everyone loves a roast when it's all in good fun"

and then in a more recent thread, turned around and started slamming it for being in poor taste.
>>
>>25672352
Unfortunate. Wonder what caused the reversal.
>>
>>25672330
Duck and Cover was much meaner and more thoughtful and knowing it was the same person probably left a bad taste in her mouth.
>>25672337
It wasn't.

Mostly.
>>25672352
It was more passive aggressive than that. Kkat was furious in the hugbox like, hours after posting that on Reddit.
>>
>>25672381
Eh, you're in good company here, Hoers. Kkat automatically brands everyone at /foe/ assholes and degenerates and is probably completely unaware that several fic authors and redditors he interacts with also hang out here.
>>
>>25672330
Link to video?
>>
>>25672422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwUHZSj21CI
>>
>>25672422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwUHZSj21CI
>>
>>25672422
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=toffee+fallout+equestria&l=1
>>
>>25672141
As someone who draws, this comes up too.
I love MLP and I love Fallout, but I could never get through FO:E entirely.
>>
File: straightpip 1.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
straightpip 1.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>25671263
I like the look. Freckles on pip looks cute, and it makes sense because
>Apple ancestry
>>
>>25672497
You damn well better be on the freckle boat, Datte.
>>
>>25672438
>>25672445
T-Thanks
I remember this now. Shesh I feel stupid.

>>25672459
Nigger.
>>
Wait Kkat got pissy at someone? W-what happened?
>>
>>25673458
Use your scroll wheel.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-28+at+08.58.41).png (5KB, 649x96px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-28+at+08.58.41).png
5KB, 649x96px
>>25673458
>>
>>25673481
Kkat's a girl, so FOE fanboys flock to her in reverie.
>>
>>25673504
He's not, though. Only the ignorant people who assume Kkat is female because he wrote a female character think as such.

Somber's not female. No One's not female. Ham's not female. Why else would Kkat be so guarded of his gender if he wasn't actually a dude?

Besides, there are a select few people who have met him in person before.
>>
So what would happen if post sunshine and rainbows, a group of raiders decided to open a meat distribution plant as a means of going legit?

Specifically, they sell pegasus wing meat. Enclave birdies are offered a chance to sign up for a year, where they are drugged unconscious and fed a constant amount of healing potion so their tender meats can be cut off, battered, deep fried and marinated.
After which they get a hefty sum of caps and leave.
From the perspective of the pegasus, they go to sleep and wake up a year in the future with a giant cap account to start their new life.

How edgy would that be, versus clever business proposal?
>>
>>25673529
I don't think healing potions regrow missing flesh, anon.
>>
>>25673529
Sounds like a terrible gore fic for the sake of gore. Don't be cupcakes.
>>
>>25673545
No wonder Pip got smaller as the story went on...

>>25673552
What's cupcakes?
>>
>>25673545
They don't, they only heal cuts and bullet holes, not missing limbs.
>>
File: 1447294795252.png (186KB, 645x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1447294795252.png
186KB, 645x1196px
>>25673529
>>
>>25673562
Leave. You're clearly not above 4chan's age rule.
>>
File: tumblr_nwje1e7ue01uxdv6do5_1280.png (177KB, 733x733px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwje1e7ue01uxdv6do5_1280.png
177KB, 733x733px
>>25673529
>mfw
>>
File: large (1).png (708KB, 956x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large (1).png
708KB, 956x1024px
>>25673529
>>
File: tumblr_n775w8H94k1rs0wfoo8_1280.png (194KB, 810x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n775w8H94k1rs0wfoo8_1280.png
194KB, 810x793px
>>25673587
Is this a fetish thing?
>I'm 90% sure this is a fetish thing.
>>
File: 1448731852531-2.jpg (172KB, 1223x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1448731852531-2.jpg
172KB, 1223x1006px
>>25673565
But Pip, you just cooked all those ponies alive in front of their kids, then didn't even eat them. You murdered and wasted them all, without even getting their consent.
>>
>>25673827
Cooked or not, you don't eat spoiled meat.
>>
File: 1448229349657.png (234KB, 1719x2477px) Image search: [Google]
1448229349657.png
234KB, 1719x2477px
>>25673897
Really?
Cause I eat out this rich lady when her husband is off on business trips. I'd say she's rather spoiled.
>>
File: 1448311217249.png (374KB, 2087x3493px) Image search: [Google]
1448311217249.png
374KB, 2087x3493px
>>25674083
Mach, pls
>>
>>25674083
Do military officials go on business trips?
>>
>>25674127
Yes, it's called war.
>>
File: 1443798697256.gif (198KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
1443798697256.gif
198KB, 800x675px
>>25674159
Sassy.
>I like it.
>>
File: xxPeEui.png (281KB, 2550x2212px) Image search: [Google]
xxPeEui.png
281KB, 2550x2212px
>>25674159
I hate you.
>>
File: 882862.png (257KB, 1677x2111px) Image search: [Google]
882862.png
257KB, 1677x2111px
>>25673529
You're forgetting that Pip Kill-all-cannibals-even-the-children and her friends run the NCR. They've shut down and shot.
>>
>>25674083
>Not cumming in her and making the husband eat her out before a business trip
>>
File: FoE_Mk_5.png (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FoE_Mk_5.png
279KB, 1920x1080px
So I've been reading FoE from the start so I can make sense of Pip's movements and see if there's cohesion in the geographical locations of all the places they visit. Still only the rock farm that doesn't fit. Making a lot of guesses, but it seems to work so far, and there's decent reasoning (in my opinion) to put things where I've put them so far.

Red lines are show canon railways
Yellow line is what I think is an FoE canon railway, bridging between Doge City and Junction R-7 (and thusly Filly and Baltimare).

>Only half the story left to read

Any thoughts?
>>
>>25675051
Would you be up to doing a top down version where everything is as scale and proportional as you can get it with the limited tools you have?
>>
>>25675051
How about trying to map out the paths taken on hoof?
>>
File: 1436917689380.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436917689380.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>25675078
Maaaaaaaaybe. I'd like to do this one first. Also it's REALLY hard to do an accurate to scale one, since the show canon map specifically says "not to scale", and it differs from FoE canon at least a little bit, if not more.

>>25675099
You mean the path Pip took throughout the story? I could probably throw that on somewhere, yeah. Ultimately what I want is one where all the sidefics have dots where they take place. (Or at least that's the idea in my head.)

But as far as just FoE? That should be easyish.

As far as chapter 27, she goes like this:
Stable 2, bridge, ponyville, hope, gorge, New Appleloosa (NA), Stable 24, NA, Appleloosa, Cloudsdayle, Rock Farm, Raider Town, Junction R-7 (JR7), Shattered Hoof (SH), Red Eye Camp, Yellow Hoof Ridge, SH, JR7, SH, JR7, SH, JR7, Trixie's Cottage, Fetlock (which is where the next two are), Steelhoove's Shack, Stable 29, Manehattan (which is the next few), Four Star, Tenpony, MoM Hub, Red Racer Factory, Tenpony, Horseshoe Tower, Tenpony, Hippocampus Power, Helpinghoof Clinic, Stable-Tec HQ/Stable 0 (SHQ), Fillydelphia, Everybody but Pip to SPP Tower, Java's Cup, SHQ, JR7, and then I haven't read all of Chapter 27. They're currently flying in to JR7.

If I had literally any knowledge of flash or animating or something, could probably make a swf that has all of the locations in order. But /shrug.

I'll do the thing I'm doing first, then we'll see what happens.

>mfw I remembered all of that without looking it up because I've been reading it for the past 14 hours
>>
>>25675164
Oop, missed a return to Steelhoove's Shack after Stable 29. Herp Derp.

Also I didn't want to do all of the different places in Filly. Not enough room on the map, and I'll probably want to read over Murky Number Seven again to get a clear picture of it.
>>
>>25631472
>PnP Document:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApDd-Pi_fJGZdGZiN0U0ajdtR3dTZ0FVQUh4cnhqenc

How didn't I see that before?
This might be useful.
>>
>>25672266
>>25671734
You lessend the focus of energy on the muffle spell and the bubble shrunk down to the size of your personal space. While you rifled through the slaver's belongings, you kept an ear pointed towards the camp. The scrape of a knife on flint was all you heard.

You find:
>Half full canteen of water
>Three strips of dried meat
>14 shotgun shells
>Light battle saddle
>Mag fed combat shotgun
>25 caps
>Crumpled pack of cigarettes
>Rusty flip lighter

What do?
should I use a name?
>>
>>25675051
I can't remember for sure, but was it not heavily implied that Stable 2 was at the apple farm? Sweet Apple Acres? It might've even been outright stated in one of the stable-tech related logs/audio tapes.

Anyway, if so, is it placed there on the map? You're extremely based for doing this btw, it's looking excellent so far.
>>
>>25674256
Who says they are doing this in the NCR yet? Plenty of Equestria to work it in, same as showing their is no harm to the birds while its done.

Don't forget, Pip eats pony meat several times at the start. Arbu, aside from the forcing of that hideous quest, was over the murder, not killing and eating.

Besides, NCR is much overtalked, but even in the 10 year they are still very small. It'd be really funny with all this map talk if the original was in essentially the removed from the face of the planet zone ala the East Coast from New York to Richmond, while the rest of Equestria looked more like middle America and had very light bombardment.
>>
>>25672535
>>25672497
Yeah, the more freckles the better.
>>
>>25677161
no, that's a ginger, they have no soul.
>>
>>25677217
So then we should have had Blackjack hunt down VR and Pip go after the Eater of Souls?
>>
File: Would you really hurt me Belmor.png (123KB, 1359x761px) Image search: [Google]
Would you really hurt me Belmor.png
123KB, 1359x761px
>>
>>25677548
>sees filename
I would fucking gut you in an instant, you fucking piece of low down rotten barbecue sauce.
>>
>>25677572
steady on anon are you okay
>>
>>25676184
>name
Nah, it's not like we don't notice these as totally different looking than the other posts

The shotgun could be useful. Certainly scarier to stare down the barrel of than the other gun we have.

A little suspicious that nothing is happening except the knife sharpening. Turn off spell for a second, even if the glow is subtle I want to be as hard to spot as possible, and take a peak to make sure everyone is in their places.
>>
Do horses normally look that way?
Something seems off with Snap Roll.
>>
>>25677664
The ponies in MLP look absolutely nothing like real life horses. So no.
>>
>>25677699
Actually she is preggers for this one, hence the soft line for her belly from the harder one where she is on the floor.
>>
File: Sweden-pone.png (648KB, 1080x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden-pone.png
648KB, 1080x1238px
>>25632963
Okay, got a new Fred ready with the following composition:

Frozen Skies - Nov 7
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/201326/

Wasteland Bouquet - Nov 11
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/35229/

Dance of the Orthrus - Nov 13
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/263354/

The Chrysalis - Nov 27
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/288365/

Rising Dawn - Nov 27
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/159701/

Make Love Not War - Nov 27
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/301900/

Black and White - Nov 29
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/44457/
>>
>>25677863
Don't forget to mention the new Peddler from last thread: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jJrx2pCApBcGJrcVlwTWQ0XzA/view
>>
File: howtoreply.gif (97KB, 675x280px) Image search: [Google]
howtoreply.gif
97KB, 675x280px
>>25677664
>not using backlinks
>>
>>25677753
Please tell me this doesn't mean she stole a raider uterus.
>>
File: 1443123206495.png (95KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1443123206495.png
95KB, 1536x1536px
>>25678053
Why? You understood it anyways.
>>
>>25676184
Loot the body, hide nearby then drink the water and eat the food before your growling stomach kills you.
>>
>>25676184
Drink, then grab that shotgun and make sure it's loaded. Can the muffle spell cover a gunshot?
Because it would be good if we could just unload on them from the top of the outcropping.
That or shot the mine at them and shoot it.
>>
File: Cannonball.jpg (218KB, 1280x1441px) Image search: [Google]
Cannonball.jpg
218KB, 1280x1441px
New Thread

>>25678415
>>25678415
>>25678415
>>
>>25678054
How do you steal a uterus?
>>
>>25678617
Very carefully.
>>
File: eemudge.jpg (18KB, 690x408px) Image search: [Google]
eemudge.jpg
18KB, 690x408px
>>25678617
>>25678626
You wouldn't steal a uterus
>>
>>25678650
>>25678626
So is it just nymph being edgy as usual?
>>
>>25678680
A good while back, there was some legit pondrance about the possibility of Snap Roll receiving a donor's uterus. Maybe this topic came back up?
>>
>>25678703
I mean, she still needs one.

The option is always on the table.
>>
>>25678761
Poor Obama pony, doomed to edge by her creator.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 126

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.