[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Miss Faust's career over if she leaves them as well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: logohead.png (4KB, 338x140px) Image search: [Google]
logohead.png
4KB, 338x140px
Is Miss Faust's career over if she leaves them as well?
>>
>>25556548
I doubt it.
>>
>>25556548
Yes
>>
>>25556548
>the best thing she's got going right now is a fan game siphoning off of the pony fandom

Her career is ALREADY over.
>>
>>25556603
What about Wander over Yonder?
>>
>>25556609
>riding her husband's coattails
Doesn't count.
>>
>>25556548
her career was over when she quit the Medusa movie because she is impossible to work with.
>>
File: CMCC.png (2MB, 1023x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CMCC.png
2MB, 1023x1000px
>>25556548
>Miss
>>
>>25556548
>if

You know it'll happen. Just give it time.
>>
>>25556635
more like she wants such a high level of creative freedom, but doesn't want to be the one to pay for it. Sometimes i wonder if she forgets what movies, tv shows, games are made in the first place.
>>
>>25556711
seriously, for a girl who hates the whole girls being treated like a princess bullshit, she sure wants everyone to treat her like a princess.
>>
>>25556717
you mean she doesn't want to fight for it. she left mlp completely on her own without even trying to fight for creative freedom. she wants it to be handed to her on a silver platter.
>>
Have we heard anything from her former colleagues about what she's like to work with?
>>
>>25556723
>"What? I don't get 100% freedom right off the bat? Well, bye."

I wonder how cooperative she was in her younger years when group projects came up in school for her.
>>
>>25556548
Leaving MLP was the worst decision she could have ever made tb honest.
>>
>>25556548
it will take a lot of time
but the worst part is she doesn't realize by now
i defend an artist protecting his work, but sometimes you have to be open to a change.
>>
>>25556783
I've always thought Faust overrated a little. She could've stayed on the show and adapted what Hasbro wanted in a way both parties could agree on but instead she got triggered before being triggered was even a thing.
>>
>>25556548
I think Faust has proven she is great at designing a world and characters, but there are many ideas that she still needs a filter for.
>>
>>25556733
she fought for somethings in mlp but didn't resist when hasbro when they wanted to go a different route.
>>
>>25557008
>you can just resist something that your employer is telling you to do and do it your way anyway.

This isn't about Lauren "fighting back" and forcing Hasbro to take her ideas, This is about Faust being flexible and creative enough to make Hasbro's ideas not suck when they appear in the finished product.
This is something she is either unwilling or incapable of doing.
>>
>>25556723
Noice.
>>
>>25556802
The funny thing is that the staff now probably has way more creative freedom than back then, being a successful show and all that, so if Lauren had compromised and fought a bit more, she could have had more.
>>
>>25557219
twilicorn and eqg would have happened anyway, even with faust.
>>
>>25557277
I'd be interested to know if MMC could have been salvaged better when it had to be changed due to the series actually continuing if the staff had tried harder.
>>
>>25557312
They could come up with a better way for Twilight to actually solve the cutie mark problem.
As it is, I still don't really know what she did, besides recite some works from a book and make them rhyme.
Pretty sure the episode ends the same though, since Hasbro would have demanded that the episode finishes with twilight growing wings.
>>
>>25556748
This. I wanna know, can you show me. I wanna know about these strangers like me.
>>
File: trenches.jpg (362KB, 1875x1402px) Image search: [Google]
trenches.jpg
362KB, 1875x1402px
It is not good time to be Lauren...
>>
>>25557484
Or her child.
>>
>>25557507
kek
>>
>>25556711
Dubs confirm
>>
File: 1362866906188.jpg (18KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1362866906188.jpg
18KB, 251x251px
>>25557777
oh shiiiiiit
>>
There was a time I almost felt sorry for Faust. Then I realized that she doesn't get it.

Working for someone else vs working for yourself are two completely different worlds. An example being if your foreman tells you to put a receptacle on the west wall you put a receptacle on the west wall. You don't tell your boss, "No I will put a receptacle on the North wall because I feel it should go there because it is closer to the light switch." You wonder why you can't keep a job? They give you creative freedom to move their visions forward, not your own. So when they tighten the reigns, respect it and try again.

The only way you can have total control is to go into business for yourself. But with Faust's attitude, she most likely would be working alone.
>>
I remember seeing some of Faust's ideas and liking them, and seeing some and not liking the.

The important thing is she gets people to take the shows seriously.
>>
>Faust invariably wants to create entertainment that speaks to girls and carries a positive message that shows that women can express themselves in many ways outside of the typical woman stereotype.
>She accomplishes this by bailing on projects involving strong female-focused stories and instead mooches of her husband by clinging to his legacy and working on his shows.
>>
>>25556760
>"I want to make a project about unicorns!"
>"But Lauren, this is a science fair.."
>"I SAID UNICORNS, STOP OPPRESSING ME MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! THIS MAN SAID I CAN'T DO SOMETHING!!"
>>
Sure is samefag in here.
>>
>>25560821
Whatever you say, newfag.
>>
>>25560821
Let 'em have their echo-chamber. A year from now, the tide of popular opinion will shift once again, and more than half of these people will be swearing up and down how they always loved her. A year from then, they'll be back to their old shit.
>>
>>25556548
It better be
>>
I wonder if the TFH devs that lurk here are hiding the criticism away from Faust. I mean I wonder how she would take it that many of her story ideas towards TFH are being mocked.
>>
>>25561856
Mocked by people who mocked the game or insulted the thread in question because she "betrayed us for them". /tfh/ general has critique as well so I imagine they probably lurk there.
>>
>>25556548
Well, if her career doesn't work out she can always be a mother.
>>
>>25558269
>bailing on projects involving strong female-focused stories
>"strong female-focused stories"

>EQG, which falls back to shitty "girls show" stereotypes and is essentially Monster High / Bratz / Barbie but with FIM characters
>FIM, which turned the main character into a princess because toys and introduced a pretty pink princess mary sue character also because toys

top kek m8
>>
>>25561863
A TFH Dev does post there, but I mean to say that the people spouting out all the problems with the story like the terrible sheep town names and fart jokes probably would damage Faust's ego greatly.
>>
>>25561880
Faust didn't have any input into those two decisions.
I'm saying that she bailed before she had a chance to save EGG and FIM from becoming exactly what you said.
If she really wanted to make a good show, she could have stayed and worked around those plot points to make them not suck.
>>
>>25557777
Quads reluctantly confirm that dubs confirm that Faust's career ends if she quits Mane6.
>>
>>25556717
>more like she wants such a high level of creative freedom, but doesn't want to be the one to pay for it.

That is pretty much "impossible to work with" though. You cannot expect someone else to pay for it but still give you total freedom over it.
>>
I just asked Lauren how her baby is doing on Twitter.
>>
>>25556760
I'd assume it was easier back then because her job didn't give her the false impression of having total power.
>>
>>25556548
fuck off slashy
>>
>>25557484
It's her own fault really. She could have had almost everything, but that "almost" triggered her so badly that she decided to rather have nothing.
>>
>>25561876
Good one.
>>
>>25558231
>I remember seeing some of Faust's ideas and liking them, and seeing some and not liking the.

I think whoever filtered through her ideas did a very good job of picking out the good things and scrapping those which were lackluster.
>>
>>25557047
To be fair, this is something the show staff can't do either
>>
>>25562131
The current show staff, like most reasonable people with jobs, are mostly concerned with making decent episodes without pissing off Hasbro, and getting a paycheck/experience.
None of the current staff ever tried to claim that they were in it for some greater social good, unlike Faust. I would expect more from her in that case.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.