[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fimfiction thread: Avec 35% plus d'histoires à chier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 65

File: 1441481086022.jpg (95KB, 590x767px) Image search: [Google]
1441481086022.jpg
95KB, 590x767px
Come one and all and help raise the quality of My Little Pony fanfiction! Featuring: Bloody walls of text everywhere

ITT: Crack ships, 7SDJ, what we're doing, The Conversion Bureau universe, multi-reply anon still here, Voiceguy hopefully losing all his autistbux in Vegas, bat pones, Starla gets attention, Fluffy hates criticism, book shelves, edge fics, Deviant Art, Twilight and the sorcerer's stoned, show and tell, word counts, shit fics, soldier in Equestria, stay off the thread, Equestrian matriarchy debate, a namefag, walls of text, guns, Equestria is an utopia or rather it isn't, the thread spirals down in yet another wall of text debate about the Harmony Doctrine and it's revealed all the thread was done by one guy.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his underage waifu' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners): http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png (embed) (embed)

List of nominees by category: http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a good writing prompt?: http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

Riffs and Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Work on your deadfic, you lazy bum.

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25468099
>>
Futaloo will be my Adam, and I will be here Eve.
Get
>>
>>25501739
Just as I was typing it.

Meestaloo get
>>
>>25501739
Next time, Anon.
>>
Thread seems awfully quiet all of a sudden.
>>
I have hard time finding actually funny comedic fics. It feels like only things people find funny are either throwing characters under the bus simply for "comedic" effect and falling short for it or make as many pop culture references as possible. Even the one which is top rated on the starter kit was just average. An okay slice of life story, but hardly comedic at all.

It might be that written form is just terrible for comedy.
>>
>>25501868
episode about to start
>>
>>25501880
>written form is just terrible for comedy
You need to go read some actual comedy.
>>
>>25501868
Thank fuck.

>>25501880
Nah, it's just that most writers on fimfic have an awful sense of humour. The funniest fic I've read is Jericho.
>>
>>25501904
You have a link to a live stream?
>>
>>25501880
The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon gets pretty fucking funny at parts, pretty fucking depressing later.
>>
>>25501922
>>>/25501763/
choose your poison
>>
>>25501975
Which prison are you in, anon?
>>
>>25501975
You mean >>25501763
>>
>>25502069
bronystate ponka room
It has been 4 years
>>
>>25502110
>rara
>not rarity
WAT
>>
>>25502276
Whoops, wrong thread
>>
>Starlight back confirmed

Great, now NH is definitely in the Alternate Universe.

Or I can rip it off and use it for the final scene.
>>
>>25502110
>watching bronystate
>ever
Pfft, what a lowly plebeian.
>>
>>25502339
She was confirmed ages ago, dude. And it was obvious she'll return in the finale.
>>
Sirens return confirmed.
>>
>Equestria goes in DEFCON 1 for next week

DIS GUN B GUD
>>
>>25502530
It'll be just like my favorite warfic!
>>
So, about that SG thing

Would SG being involved in the project, and the arising threat that would be detected by the cutie maps preventing her from doing whatever she's gonna do to Twalot a good explanation?
>>
>>25502573
Wingguns and mouthknuckles and hornblades!
fuck yeah
>>
Whew lads.

Are the ships already going on the front page?
>>
Also, 'Questria has a new national anthem
>>
How on earth is This Game of Mine so damn good? It's all about horses playing vidya, by all rights it should be pure cancer.
>>
>>25502866
>prewriting generic clop and plugging new character names into it so you can publish it while the episode is still airing

fucking brilliant, yo
>>
Are you guys still in the streams?
>>
>>25503289
Course not, episode's over
>>
>unironically watching 360p shit quality streams instead of waiting a few hours for 1080p uploads
>>
Why so ded, thred?
>>
>>25503991
Probably shell shock from last thread's autism.
>>
>>25503662
1080p is already there for hours.
>>
File: skies de limit.png (209KB, 926x580px) Image search: [Google]
skies de limit.png
209KB, 926x580px
Why.
>>
>>25504217
>can't even write the title right
Oh boy.

>Sora, an average guy
>anime name
>average
I think it's a woman's name too.

>anthro
I will never get the appeal. Full horse or no horse, that's the deal.

>Chocolina
Sounds vaguely racist. Is the "merchant" actually Count Chocula?

>a new sex
Probably the fist time he ever has it.

>the rest
There's no hook here. No interesting parts. Aside from the subject matter being shit, it's just a poorly written piece of text.
>>
>>25504338
>anime name
A weeb fan of a weeb artist

>a crossover with nothing

>transgender weeb is more popular than luna

>mature, sex, romance, dark, comedy, anthro, crossover, AU, SoL, dark
surprised theres no gore, mystery, and/or scifi
>>
>>25504388
Well, his social life is quite clearly a science fiction, but it's also quite clear that he'd have to have one in the first place to include it in the story.
>>
>>25504388
In the absence of a "Fantasy" tag, he might as well have tagged it "Tragedy".
>>
>>25504461
Just like his poetry.
>>
>Rara said Applejack was her "childhood fillyfriend"
Now, either people stop using this word as a ponified version of "girlfriend", or we'll get a few lolicon shipfics.
I'm hoping for the latter.
>>
>>25504553
What's the term stories sometimes use for lesbians again? Fillyfiddlers? It's something stupid like that, and it never ceases to annoy me.
>>
>>25504582

Fillyfoolers.

I'm not a big fan either, because it sounds pedophillic, but I can't deny the appeal of alliteration.
>>
File: 2015-11-21_19-33-18.jpg (85KB, 1415x711px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_19-33-18.jpg
85KB, 1415x711px
Royal Ponyville Orchestra is now canon.

Also how the fuck can a pony play a piano with hooves i mean jesus christ what
>>
>>25504553
I thought "marefriend" had pretty much become the standard. The last time I remember seeing fillyfriend was Eakin's Hard Reset Trilogy.
>>
>>25504770
I don't think I've ever seen "marefriend".
>>
Bloody hell, the thread's dying like crazy.

Don't make me get out the guns again...
>>
File: plate armor.jpg (127KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
plate armor.jpg
127KB, 682x1023px
>>25506026
Who hath faith scorned, knave?
>>
>>25506063
At least spears are confirmed as canon weaponry for the EUP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNmuUvsB58
>>
>>25506102
Nigger, those have been there for ages. Since Canterlot Wedding at least.
>>
File: mounties.jpg (2MB, 4896x3264px) Image search: [Google]
mounties.jpg
2MB, 4896x3264px
Any anon knows how to hide an author note only chapter on Fimfic?

>>25506118
I wrote that because some anons thought that spears were only ceremonial weapons to show off during guard duty, and that guns were actually used for combat.

A bit like pic related mounties' pikes
>>
>>25506289
But that's fucking retarded. In order for a weapon to be ceremonial, it first must be a useful fucking weapon. A ceremonial weapon is a, spoiler alert, WEAPON with a bunch of makeup that makes it a lot less useful and a lot more flashy.
>>
>>25506325
>But that's fucking retarded.

What did you expect, rational thought and intelligent debate?

This is /fimfic/.
>>
File: file.png (544KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
544KB, 480x640px
>>25506289
>implying mounties don't fight crime with pikes
>implying there wouldn't be less crime if mounties used pikes

>>25506325
>In order for a weapon to be ceremonial, it first must be a useful fucking weapon
Not really. Being a weapon, it's certainly based of something perhaps moderately useful, but the ceremonial item itself is usually shit. Just look at the widespread tradition of ceremonial maces. This one belongs to the Lord President of the Court of Session.
>>
File: out_khnc.webm (736KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
out_khnc.webm
736KB, 250x250px
>kh&c, chapter 2

Shining and Cadance set up Rarity on a blind date with Silver. She recognizes him as "that drunk stallion who was harrassing Ms. Golden Sun", and flips the fuck out. Someone explains that Golden Sun is his sister who was dragging his drunk ass home from the bar, so Rarity calms down and they have a nice date.

Rarity meets with her friends, who have somehow divined that she's met a guy. She mentions Silversteel's name, and Twilight says she's pretty sure he's married to Derpy and the father of her two children (not true, but they were together for a long time and he cares a lot about her adopted kids). Rarity flips out again, not bothering to wonder why "the romance alicorn" would send her on a date with a married stallion. I thought she was going to pull the whole self-sacrifice, "He Needs To Be With His Family" thing, but instead she just asks him to explain, gets a straight answer, and life is good. (How weird is that?)

And finally: A love triangle with only three ponies? BORING! Meet Tiger Lily:

>“Only gal who’s gonna be lifting her tail for him is me, got that?”
>“Well, you’re honest about it – probably why we’re best friends.”
>“You mean future sisters-in-law,” Tiger said, sealing the deal.

>“Like a sister to me.” She sighed inwardly. Can’t I interest you in some incest, if that’s the case?

>And now coupled with being in the friend zone–worse than that, even–she was going to have to definitely work her way into his heart in any way possible.
>First off, as soon as she got the chance, she’d fly to Ponyville and pound the shit out of that harridelle, Derpy.
>After that, she would have to watch to ensure that her beau wasn’t looking in the wrong direction. That would give her enough time to start working on her own plans to get him in her hooves. She knew she could do it; all she needed was time.

So now we have our antagonist. She doesn't know about Rarity yet, but I'm sure that will change soon.
>>
File: mace.jpg (94KB, 660x506px) Image search: [Google]
mace.jpg
94KB, 660x506px
>>25506491
Oh yeah, we have one of those in the parliament.

>Implying this badass carrying a gun killing that guy in the Parliament attack isn't also using the mace as a real weapon
>>
>>25501880
>An okay slice of life story, but hardly comedic at all.
That fic got that place because it's the comiedic fic that better captures the MLP vibe, not because it's the most funny.
>>
File: 3r69r8.jpg (60KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
3r69r8.jpg
60KB, 625x351px
I'm seriously wondering if my Quebecfaggotry killed the thread with my OP.
>>
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/297630/colors-of-the-soul

Why, exactly, is this a fanfic? It's actually an interesting concept, but the concept hinges on being set in a unique world.

What possessed the author to shoehorn that world inside an already established one? We know that Equestria does not work like this. So why the fuck would you just say "lol alternate universe" when your premise is good enough to make a decent standalone short story?
>>
>>25507104
Apparently this style of AU is A Thing on tumblr: http://thegeminisage.tumblr.com/post/94680598838
>>
>>25507104
What were you expecting?
>>
>>25502931
The author is really talented, and has experience playing vidya and facing backlash since she's a woman.
>>
Hey, have any of you guys read "You Do (Not) Belong"? I read through the first few chapters and something about the writing makes me cringe, and I really don't know if it's just me being picky or if it's legitimately cringe. The rating seems decent for HiE and the chapters have a decent length. So...

Anyone know if it gets any better, or should I expect more of the same past the first couple of chapters? Should I just drop it.

Don't know why I wanted to ask by the way, normally I would just drop it. It is what it is, I guess. Thoughts?

>>25502931
See >>25507621
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, Anon. It should be shit, but it isn't. So just shut it and enjoy your horse words while they last.
>>
>>25507653
Forgot, here's the link in case anyone wants to know what I'm talking about.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23095/you-do-not-belong
>>
>>25507653
>>25507621
>This Game of Mine
I kind of cringed at the parts were Sweetie goes full-on ninja when attacking someone, but honestly its' two paragraphs of a few thousand. Very good fic, recomended read.
>>
>>25507653
>You Do (Not) Belong
I remember thinking it was kind of bad but I don't remember why.
>>
I had an idea while I spaced out during a seminar instead of paying attention.

Twilight is doing research on X obscure topic, probably some arcane magic babble thing, but doesn't manage to find any information about it. She clearly remembers works referencing said topic, but can't find any info actually addressing said topic. Eventually, she finds a paper tengentially related to X topic, but it's clearly faulty and unintelligible, almost as if you found a research paper on reinforced concrete that didn't mention steel.

She's understandably disturbed by this, and wonders if there could be a sinister force at work. Dismissing it as paranoia, she goes to sleep and decides she'll ask Princess Celestia in the morning, but come the morning, she's completely forgotten about her research on the obscure magic topic, although Spike remembers her going in a frenzy the day prior. What's more, she's forgotten about her wild theory about an evil force at play.

You can kind of see where I'm going with this. The story would expand on how ponies start forgetting about small, almost inconsequential things, growing until everyone starts forgetting progressively important things (And while I think it'd be hilarious if Applejack forgot about apples, I don't think that's the sort of mood I'd be aiming for). And how every attempt at directlythinking about the problem would result in the pony forgetting everythign about it the next day.

Twilight would be forced to use very roundabout logic and analogies to circumvent the "forget everything" scenario and try to piece out a solution, like setting reminders not to search for certain information so that she forgets them and is free to do research.

She must be careful and take things slow, but at the same time runs the risk of taking too long and Celestia or Luna forgetting how raise the Sun and the Moon.

The fic would escalate until Twilight faces the evil entity in Tartarus and somehow manages to make it forget itself.

(cont'd)
>>
>>25508069
That'd be it pertaining the story itself, I was thinking of maybe having Discord be immune to the effect due to him simply not noticing anything was different, and he'd aid Twilight when it came time to defeat the antagonist.

Now, I like to stroke my ego just as much as anyone, but I don't think I'd be capable of carrying this story for a hundred thousand words, so I'd most likely try to wrap it up in six or seven 4k word chapters.

Also, I almost wanted to make the thing end with Twilight forgetting everything and starting the entire thing all over again, to sort of hint that this is not the first time that this has happened, and the tragic twist is that the evil entity has already gained control over Equestria, but I thought that may be a bit too unsatisfying for the reader.

Anyway, thoughts on this?
>>
>>25508069
>>25508262
Sounds relevant to my interests.

Why is the bad guy stealing memories? That's just what he does (part of his nature)? Or he needs ponies to forget about something in particular (that original research paper, maybe), and he just has to keep wiping more and more to keep his existence from being uncovered?

Does this affect written documents as well? (So Twilight couldn't find any good papers because the bad guy had magically wiped/destroyed all copies?) Otherwise it seems like Twilight would just write down a bunch of notes every night and read them in the morning. (Though that could be interesting in itself. At some point there will be too many notes to feasibly read every morning, and she'll have to rely on vague summaries/instructions and trust that her many past selves have collectively set her on the right track.)

Here are some things this reminds me of:

- There's a pony fic (don't recall the name) that involves an ancient enchantment called the "False Harmony", which subtly twists ponies' minds, erases/modifies documents, etc, with the goal of maintaining a particular kind of harmony.

- The Oversoul, from one of Orson Scott Card's weirder series ("Homecoming Saga", I think), does a similar thing. It's a satellite network that tries to block particular thoughts across the whole planet, to prevent certain technologies from being developed.

- Ruin, from the Mistborn trilogy, has the ability to read or alter any written text, anywhere in the world. This is obviously incredibly powerful for manipulating people. At some point the protagonists' army starts sending all messages engraved on metal plates, since Ruin can't see or touch metal because of reasons.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Two seasons ago, Twilight became an alicorn.
One season ago, she became a proper princess.
This season, she became a video camera and projector set.
When will this end?
>>
>>25508548
She will be Terry Prattchet.
>>
>>25508572
So she's going to be dead?
>>
>>25508585
We already know that sudoku takes you to Equestria.
She already is
Everyone is
We are just in a pre death
The last stage isThe teletubies' world, forever laughed at by a baby sun.
>>
>>25508600
>eternally scorched and taunted by a laughing sun
So you're telling me that Hell is real after all?
>>
>>25508659
>So you're telling me that Hell is real after all?
At least it isn't endless bureaucracy.
>>
>>25507798
It was cringe, yea, but the good kind of cringe. The kind where you're cringing at the actions taken by the character within the narrative and not because of the narrative itself.

Or maybe that's not how it was for you. All I can say about that is that I can personally attest to nerd rage being a thing and that that is a pretty accurate depiction of how it can be triggered as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>25508526
>There's a pony fic (don't recall the name) that involves an ancient enchantment called the "False Harmony",
I found it, it's "The Ash" (previously known as "The Creature"): https://www.fimfiction.net/story/58529/the-ash

Of course this is the ONE fic I have saved only as epub, meaning `grep -r False\ Harmony` couldn't just find it in 10 seconds
>>
>>25508719
>implying there isn't a line that runs straight out of tartarus and back around the block for sunscreen and aloe vera
>implying the line isn't fronted by a very bored infinitely cynical teenager who only cares about their job as much as they need to and no more so than that
>implying you can escape this hell in hell
>>
>>25508526
>Why is the bad guy stealing memories?
Going for my original idea for the ending, it's a way of having ponies under his control. I think it works, although it makes it a bit simplistic. I was thinking about something more about the lines of it gaining power from the subtle disharmony and chaos created from the constant forgetting.

>and he just has to keep wiping more and more to keep his existence from being uncovered?
That's part of it. He keeps making ponies forget small things and keep escalating as means of obtaining power and remaining stealthy, but he always makes sure to make ponies forget about him. That's the lead Twilight takes to start unraveling the madness.

>Does this affect written documents as well?
The idea is that this evil entity of sorts is a primal force of nature, or a lesser Elder God if you may, so it has a moderate control over reality, just like Discord, but does so subtly to avoid being detected.

>Though that could be interesting in itself. At some point there will be too many notes to feasibly read every morning.
She has to be very subtle about it. If she starts leaving too many notes and hints, the entity could realise what she's doing and wipe her memories again.

>There's a pony fic (don't recall the name) that involves an ancient enchantment called the "False Harmony", which subtly twists ponies' minds, erases/modifies documents, etc, with the goal of maintaining a particular kind of harmony.
It does sound interesting. If you remember the name, plase do share it.

The other two sound interesting as well. I may check 'em out at some point, but they do seem to be more about a sci-fi dystopia rather than the Fantasy Thriller/Mystery (with a healthy dash of existential horror) I'm aiming for.
>>
>>25508752
Yeah, I've experienced nerd rage as much as anyone else here, but it didn't go
>Hit in X way, stagger, punch in the throat, break jugular
That's not something you learn from games, going Commando like that.
I actually have through like that from time to time, but that's more from my knowledge of medicine than anything else. Games teach you to eat a pankake to regen HP and keep pressing the trigger, nothing else.
Also, as a lover of golden age games like Homeworld and Quake, the whole Destiny thing makes me cringe. I actually watched a few gameplays of it to give it a chance and I only saw a pretentious "Random Verb is a name to look deep 3.3.54.6.7.4.23.2.5.7.8.5.4.23.1.5.7.8" thing with shit gameplay as expected. But then again that's a terribly personal and even petty reason, so I don't really count it as a con.
>>
>>25508827
The story is still enjoyable nevertheless.
Hell, I'm an editor for TGoM and I don't play videogames.
>>
>>25508930
>>The story is still enjoyable nevertheless.
Never contested that, it was a instant follow.
Also Silver Spoon is what happens when Lelouch and Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate have babies. Prove me wrong you faggits.
>>
>>25508792
>>25508792
>a way of having ponies under his control
How would he benefit from this?

>gaining power from the subtle disharmony
That might work, but what I'm imagining right now is things like making a stallion forget his anniversary to cause an argument with his wife, which is kind of corny.

>keeps making ponies forget small things and keep escalating
If he's doing fine just from making stallions forget their anniversaries or whatever, why escalate? Going bigger only risks detection.

>primal force of nature
>moderate control over reality
I like it.

Why does it need to avoid detection in the first place? It's just not powerful enough to take on C&L / all of Equestria?

What are its powers, specifically?
- Can it see / act anywhere in the world, or does it have to be physically present?
- Can it erase memories en masse, or does it have to go one at a time?
- Can it alter memories too, on only erase?
- How does it target memories? Does it look through the target's head to find stuff worth erasing? Can it "wipe everything related to X", or does it have to look through memories one by one to find ones about X?
- Can it sense when ponies say / write / think its name, or talk / write / think about it in general?
- Can it detect documents about X, or does it have to already know where they are? (To erase those research papers, did it have to go through every university library in Equestria, or did it somehow erase all copies at once? Also, could Twilight trick it by hiding her notes, or by avoiding certain words/phrases?)

>If she starts leaving too many notes and hints, the entity could realise what she's doing and wipe her memories again.
Isn't it already doing that anyway?

>It does sound interesting. If you remember the name, plase do share it.
See >>25508769
>>
>>25509089
>How would he benefit from this?
I figured I'd give him an end goal beyond escaping Tartarus.

> what I'm imagining right now is things like making a stallion forget his anniversary to cause an argument with his wife, which is kind of corny.
It is corny, which is why noone pays attention to it. Ponies forget that kind of stuff from time to time. Not so much when you forget you have a wife in the first place.

> why escalate? Going bigger only risks detection.
It's weak due to its imprisonment in Tartarus, which is why it starts slow. Make ponies forget simple small stuff and gain just a little bit of power back from the subtle disharmony. As it grows stronger, it can make ponies forget more important things, but by that point they've already been forgetting things constantly, which prevents them from fully realising what's happening. And during all that time, it grows stronger.

>It's just not powerful enough to take on C&L / all of Equestria?
Since it's in Tartarus, I imagine a scenario similar to when Tirek escaped. He had to gain power from a lot of ponies before he could take on Celestia and Luna. And Cadence.

>What are its powers, specifically?
I intentionally want to keep that as simple and vague as possible so that it makes it seem more ominous (and it's easier to write.)

>Can it see / act anywhere in the world, or does it have to be physically present?
It can, but as I said, its imprisonment has weakened it severely.
>Can it erase memories en masse, or does it have to go one at a time?
I want to say one at a time, but by the time it gets more powerful, all bets are off (i.e. whatever benefits the narrative more at that point).
>Can it alter memories too, on only erase?
Only erase, if it could alter memories it'd be too easy to cover its tracks.
>How does it target memories?
I assume it's some sort of empathic ability, just like earth pony magic.

(cont'd)
>>
>>25509089
>Does it look through the target's head to find stuff worth erasing?
While I would love to dwelve into how the mind of a pony is structured, I don't think I can do that 'and' keep a suspenseful pace at the same time. I am perfectly fine with handwaving the more specific details to "Eldritch Abomination Magic".
>Can it "wipe everything related to X", or does it have to look through memories one by one to find ones about X?
This is entirely a personal matter, but if I was an Elder God trying to gain control over lesser beings, I would pay more attention about searching and destroying memories about me.
>Can it sense when ponies say / write / think its name, or talk / write / think about it in general?
I think that could work. Having some sort of alarm that goes in your nth dimensional mind whenever too many ponies start wondering about you, so you know you have to target those memories.
>Can it detect documents about X, or does it have to already know where they are?
Initially, I conceived the creature as being capable of deleting the concept of "X", but the idea evolved, and that kept as a remnant. What I could do is make it so he can only delete documents about X if someone reads about it. Just like how Twilight found a half erased document she was specifically looking for. Also, this could work in my favour as Twilight could leave traps so other ponies would subconsciously remember stuff about the entity. They aren't looking for the truth, so something that twilight mentions manages to stick with them, and when she loses those memories, the ponies she talked to can remind her of what's happening. Everypony holds a piece of the puzzle, but only she sees the full picture.

>Isn't it already doing that anyway?
Yeah, but there's a difference between one or two odd mentions of yourself, and a particular pony keeping track of dozens and dozens of hints about you and your history. Which is why Twilight can't go full investigative mode and must bide her time.
>>
Do you know what I just realised about Slice of Life, as in the episode? It actually shits over a fundamental part of traditional LyraBon writing (which at the very least used to be immensely popular).
So, the basic dynamic of a fanon LyraBon relationship is that Lyra is the wacky "humans" pone, right? Lyra has a surprisingly adamant fanon personality.
Bon Bon, however, does not. She has no uniform, commonly accepted fanon personality, except for the fact that she almost always plays the straight man to wacky Lyra. This is arguably her main role.

But with SoL, Bon Bon was the one that got a wacky character trait, while Lyra from a canon perspective remains just ordinary. If we go by that episode, she is the natural straight man to the abnormal Bon Bon.
And that kind of throws the whole thing around, doesn't it?

I haven't read that ship in ages. Is it still popular?
>>
>>25509089
>See >>25508769
I'll be sure to give it a read once my exams are over.
I'm pumped about this, now.
>>
>>25509204
>weak due to its imprisonment in Tartarus
>scenario similar to when Tirek escaped
Ah, perfect. That works fine as motivation, especially for a short-ish fic.

>I intentionally want to keep that as simple and vague as possible so that it makes it seem more ominous
I think it will still be plenty ominous during the part where Twilight is running around trying to figure out wtf is going on. And anyway, you don't have to put every detail of its powers into the story, but it's good to have them so that things will be consistent.

In particular, there needs to be some concrete limitation on the thing's powers so that Twilight (once she figures out what's happening) can come up with a clever workaround to let her plan effectively against it. Like how in Mistborn, they figure out Ruin can't interact with metal, and start writing all their letters on sheets of bronze. Maybe here, the thing can only affect sleeping ponies, so Twilight spends three days in a caffeine-fueled frenzy trying to stop the thing before she passes out.

Whatever limitation you come up with, if possible you should drop hints so that attentive readers can find the loophole before Twilight does. (It might not be possible, depending on exactly what the limitation is.)

>by the time it gets more powerful, all bets are off
Sounds good to me

>I don't think I can do that 'and' keep a suspenseful pace
Yeah, I think I was a little unclear - I don't expect to see answers to all these in the story, but it's good to have some idea in order to keep the story internally consistent.

>alarm that goes in your nth dimensional mind whenever too many ponies start wondering about you
So does it know instantly which ponies to target? Or just a general area, and it has to start snooping around to find the one?

>Which is why Twilight can't go full investigative mode and must bide her time.
Won't she have to go pretty far into "full investigative mode" just to find out about the thing and its powers?
>>
New Harmony stuff.

Judging from Fimfic's constitution, would they get their pitches and fork out and denounce a Gary Stu OC ship if I ironically refer to SS and BB one as a "couple"?
>>
>>25510696
I always preferred SSBM to SSBB.
>>
>>25510696
Dam it, *once

I need more coffee.

>>25510771
Bon Bon and an OC in some edgy adventure/AU fic.
>>
>>25510779
>Dam it
Are you a beaver?
>>
File: 2canadian4me.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2canadian4me.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>25510796
Yes, how did you guess?

Or it might be based BC. From what I know we're the two only Canucks here.
>>
>>25510813
I'm a Yuro, m8.
>>
>>25510829
Same thing.

We're all made of immigrants
Trying to push away the true first nations
And putting them into camps
>>
>>25510843
>We're all made of immigrants
Not my glorious conservatist country.
Thank God I left that place, those people were retarded.
>>
File: ZSU-23-4-Camp-Pendleton.jpg (595KB, 2030x1348px) Image search: [Google]
ZSU-23-4-Camp-Pendleton.jpg
595KB, 2030x1348px
>>25510880
Wait, there's a country not yet invaded by sandniggers?

Oh yeah, forgot stronk Russia.

But even there they're apparently sending in refugees.

Could we get back to the question?
>>
>>25510898
>Russia
Come on, I said my country's bad, but we're not Russia level of fucking awful.
>>
File: big cat 2a7.jpg (223KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
big cat 2a7.jpg
223KB, 850x567px
>>25510922
>Denying stronk motherland best motherland

Anon, I'm very disappointed about you.

Best yuro is Bundeswehr anyways
Could someone seriously give me an answer
>>
Every time this place goes /int/, it's the Canadians' fault. Every single time.
It's like they can't shut up about being fucking Canadian.
>>
>>25510956
>Russia
>motherland
More like FUCKING PIG DISGUSTING WHOREland.
Eh? Eh?
>>
>>25510966
Huh, now that I think about it, you're right.
Nice repeating digits at the end of your post number, fellow anonymous poster.
>>
>>25510696
What do you mean by ironic? And shipping OCs with background characters isn't too bad as long as your character isn't actually a Gary Stu, and anyone who gets worked up about background pony shipping isn't worth your time.
>>
File: quebecpone.png (345KB, 1023x565px) Image search: [Google]
quebecpone.png
345KB, 1023x565px
>>25510966
ARE YOU DENYING MON INDÉPENDANCE

JE SUIS UN CHRISTI DE QUÉBÉCOIS PAS UN OSTI DE CANADIEN DE MARDE

Si tu veux un Canadien, parle au Colombien Britannique basé.

>>25510996
Just a time to time non-serious reference.

>Shipping OCs with background pones

Except there's that whole group of "muh Lyrabon", "muh own OCBon" or "muh headcanon" somewhere that's going to read and downvote to hell.

Or I'm paranoid.
>>
>>25511026
You're way too paranoid.
>>
>>25511044
What do you want, that's what you get when growing up with bullies and a dysfunctional family.

I can barely even trust anyone I know or don't now.
>>
>>25511062
Boo hoo, Autismo. That's very sad and unique and you've suffered so many bad things that other people have certainly not lived through without being a little bitch about it.
>>
>>25511072
ikr right

I should probably stop shitposting now.
>>
>>25511085
Yeah, go back to writing your fics because I want to read it already jesus christ
>>
>>25511092
If it can cheer you up, I've got the main plot till the end all planned.

On the other hand I've hit the block yet again on Chapter 4.
>>
File: 783.jpg (109KB, 680x880px) Image search: [Google]
783.jpg
109KB, 680x880px
>dat season finale trailer
Looks like the NMM wins fanfics are about to get a big boost.

>>25501880
>written form is just terrible for comedy
For slapstick, absolutely. I'd say most "comedy" fics are a little inaccurate. Very seldom are there defined jokes with a setup, punchline, etc. Most of the time, they're just "lighthearted" plots intended to poke fun and get a smile more than an actual laugh.

And I love doing fanfic references in my stories, even if most of the thread hates them.

>>25506713
I'll never be able to look at those maces without thinking of pic related.

>>25508262
8/.10 concept. Would read.

Kind of torn by the grimdark twist. It's a pretty good twist, but if Discord's unaffected, he wouldn't have let it go on for dozens of loops.

There is that concern about it being a total waste of time for the reader. I know I wouldn't be terribly pleased with a non-resolution like that if I was reading it, especially with how good the concept is.

>>25508792
If you go the eldrich abomination angle, I'd recommend against a dark ending. Having a normal villain perhaps forget his own plan or be trapped in a world where he can never really win because everyone forgets would be cool, but one where an eternal eldrich abomination drags the whole planet down as food sticks out as a bit too much grimdark--especially since the reader will be totally oblivious to it until the ending kicks them in the groin.

>>25509204
>escaping Tartarus
How'd it get locked up in the first place? Altering memories is pretty OPed.

>>25510696
>as a "couple"?
Depends on the context and who's say it. If it's the omniscient narrator, then it needs to be clear to the reader that the narration's fucking around. If it's dialogue, it's easy.

>>25510966
>Quebecians
>shutting up
You ask the impossible.

>>25511026
You're paranoid. Most will downvote based on the synopsis or tags.
>>
>>25507671
its in my read folder but I didnt rate it and dont remember a damned thing about it

checked the pastebin-
You Do Not Belong
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23095/you-do-not-belong

Ooh look, a human winds up in ponyland due to mysterious means. And hes a teenager. wearing glasses. and brings an ipod. and is kind of a dick. but only at first though. then he gets all friendship of magic-y. everyone loves him. then he grows to love everyone. then he grows a horn. guess where this is going. the end.

pros-
wasn't written by kickass222urmom
wasn't written by german google translate dude
protagonist didnt bang anyone

cons-
was written by 2dextreem (dunno who he is, its just a retarded as fuck username)
bland generic HiE that blends in with all of the other bland, generic HiEs
200k words

yeah I think id pass
>>
>>25509311
>I haven't read that ship in ages. Is it still popular?
Its no scratchtavia. By that I mean I dont recall any fics in which lyrabon was the focus of the story. they always seem to just be a background couple

>>25509315
dont get too excited. the false harmony thing is backed up against a necromancer trying to gain power to fight the alicorns during a natural disaster which is slowly destroying the world Its exactly as good as it sounds.
>>
>>25504664
I think it was meant to sound pedophilic. Of course, I had it established in my own writing that terms like Filly-Fooler and Colt-Cuddler were slurs, so the pedophilic undertones made sense. It's not that different from a lot of people's mindsets IRL
>>
>>25513343
>I think it was meant to sound pedophilic
No, a lot of people use (or used) it completely earnestly. I've seen it been treated as derogatory some times, but not always.
>>
>>25513359
Honestly, I can't stand the idea of those terms being used in an uninsulting way. It legitimately sounds like it could be taken the wrong way quite easily.
>>
>>25513368
Yeah, me neither. I honestly prefer it if it's not used at all, but I suppose it's passable if it doesn't get obnoxious.

The idea that gays or some gay community adopt originally insulting terms isn't entirely unthinkable, I know there's such a thing as the "Faggot Choir" over here, but the filly and colt words come across as so paedophilic that I can't really see it happen.

I'll stick to rag munchers and arse bandits in my stories.
>>
>>25513391
Well, speaking from experience, most of the homphobes I know seem to equate being gay with being a pedophile. So to me, converting that mentality to terms like Filly-Fooler or Colt-Cuddler isn't exactly too out-of-place.
>>
>>25513417
That does seem like the reasonable way to handle it.

Made up insults can range from amusing to absolutely painful, but it can add a lot of flavour to a story.
Almost makes me want to try something. If I wrote a story, let's just say it's a simple Slice of Life fic, and filled it with IRL slurs, people would probably get mad. Which is fine.
But if you did the same thing with just a ton of made-up slurs, it would pass just fine. Might even be fun.
>>
>>25513438
I totally agree.

I also had a detail in one of my stories where the Gryphon Kingdom had homophobic slurs of their own, like Feather-Fluffer and Egg-Snatcher (the latter was taken from another fic I read, but the first was my own idea).
>>
Even normal, middle aged people have boyfriends and girlfriends, which gee sounds pedophillic as well but manfriends and womanfriends sounds retarded

ponyland seems like the kind of place where gay still means happy and rump ranger is likely to be an official job somewhere so what would be an acceptable term for flaming asspirate in common pony parlance?
>>
>>25513461
>Even normal, middle aged people have boyfriends and girlfriends
Yeah, but it's not completely comparable.
Here in Humanland, the norm in English is to use boy/girl-friend for your significant other.
In Horseland, like with human languages, they don't use "juvenile+friend" for their significant other. And the word fillyfriend means childhood friend. So being an adult fillyfooler lies outside the linguistic norm, and comes across as kind of paedophilic.

I speak other languages than English, where we don't use a direct equivalent of boyfriend or girlfriend to refer to our partners. And if you as an adult called yourself something like a "girlfooler" translated literally (or a "boycuddler"), it would really, really not come off as good.

>what would be an acceptable term for flaming asspirate
I like asspirate.
>>
>>25513509
>asspirate
what does a donkey corsair have to do with deviant sexual behaviour?
>>
>>25513509
>I speak other languages than English, where we don't use a direct equivalent of boyfriend or girlfriend to refer to our partners. And if you as an adult called yourself something like a "girlfooler" translated literally (or a "boycuddler"), it would really, really not come off as good.

Which is exactly why I only use the term as a slur.
>>
>>25513529
Oh come on, we all know what goes on inside the hull of those deviant love boats. Do you really think any normal ass would leave his home and family to come live on a ship with only other men? Tight quarters, and tons of sweaty, burly asses everywhere? Releasing their corruption and sexual frustration in the form of seaborne banditry?
There's something inherently wrong about pirates, Anon.

>>25513530
>Which is exactly why I only use the term as a slur.
Which is the point I've been making for the last ten posts or so.
>>
Anons, anons on the board.

Who's the most autistic of the horde?
>>
File: coffee-spike-001.png (21KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
coffee-spike-001.png
21KB, 150x150px
>>25513939
It's most likely a tie between the writer of Living the Dream, or the writer of Fall of Equestria.
>>
>>25513939
Thou, O Anon, art the spergiest of all.
>>
I passed out last night and slept for twelve horus straight.

>>25509567
>Whatever limitation you come up with, if possible you should drop hints so that attentive readers can find the loophole before Twilight does.
I always do this kind of thing, though I don't know if the readers will catch it. I spelled out the exact effects of a plague in the fic I'm currently writing, and nobody noticed.

>So does it know instantly which ponies to target? Or just a general area
You just gave me an idea. If the entity is as weak as I'm planning, maybe when it specifically focuses on a pony or group of ponies, it disregards everything else while it targets the memories pertaining itself. So Twilight could send an apparently inocuous letter to her old school, or some scholars in Canterlot that would indirectly trigger thoughts about the creature. Therefore, Twilight can keep her memories of that day because the entity was focused on the other group of ponies debating its existence. And I love writing guilty Twilight.

>Won't she have to go pretty far into "full investigative mode" just to find out about the thing and its powers?
Yes, but I was talking about a difference in scope. She can't spend a whole afternoon reading old tomes scouring for any reference to the entity. She'd have to do her research interspersed with research of other completely unrelated topics to sort of hide her tracks.

>>25511802
>if Discord's unaffected, he wouldn't have let it go on for dozens of loops.
The idea was that he doesn't notice because he's already bonkers to some degree.

> I know I wouldn't be terribly pleased with a non-resolution like that
I know... Maybe I could release it as a grim alternate ending after the fic is done.

>How'd it get locked up in the first place? Altering memories is pretty OPed.
I assume it got attacked by Celestia and Luna + elements head-on.
With aid of Star Swirl, for good measure.
>>
>>25514260
Famed is thy sperginess, Majesty. But hold, an autistic illiterate I see. Even his avatar cannot hide his mental disorder. Alas, she is more autistic than thee.
>>
>>25513391
I've seen Mare-Amorers or something like that used in a fic once because some ponies thought filly-foolers sounded inappropiate.
It was unclear if they referred to Colt-cuddlers as Stallion Socks.
>>
>>25502611
>mouthknuckles

Holy fuck, why have I never thought of that?
>>
>>25514498
While you're on that, may I suggest testicle maces?
>>
>>25514518
Don't forget the Vagina Mounted Ninja Star Launcher.
>>
>>25514518
That feels like dong gun territory.
>>
File: FFXIII-2_Chocolina.jpg (773KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIII-2_Chocolina.jpg
773KB, 1280x720px
>>25504338
>>Chocolina
>Sounds vaguely racist. Is the "merchant" actually Count Chocula?

She's the merchant from FFXIII-2 and 3. She's actually a Chocobo.

I assume that's what the fic author was going with.
>>
>>25514528
What's not to like about flinging your testicles around and smashing heads?
>>
>>25514635
depending on how they hang, could be a mace, could be a flail
>>
>>25514679
After careful consideration, I think I'm more of a maceman than a flailman.
>>
>Nightmare Star
>A thousand years and to a day past, Luna arrived to the Moon. But she wasn't the only one there. For eons, the worst half-lives have been sent to the Moon to repent, and few seldom returned. With the sting of revenge still fresh in her veins, she commandeers those of similar ilk and aim into creating a magically formed ship with which to sail back. And what ho, when they enter New Yoke harbor, they are greeted with nothing but murder calls. What else can they do but pillage and destroy?
>An excerpt from the history books and, more importantly, a legend to set the course of history itself, the ship Nightmare Star and its buccaneering crew.
>>
>>25514759
Holy shit, did someone make a prequel to Nightmare Star's Revenge?
>>
>>25514797
>you will never hear real pirates sing jolly tunes of torture and ale right off the coast of Calfadonia
>>
Give me fics to wank off to.
>>
>>25515301
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/195395/working-the-stall
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/234980/working-the-stall-double-shift
>>
How do you hide a chapter in Fimfic?
>>
>>25515722
You don't publish it.
>>
>>25515932
But seriously, like hiding an author's note
>>
>>25515941
You can't, unless you're the author.
>>
>>25516133
And if I am?
>>
>>25516162
I don't think I get what the problem is.
Do you mean hiding an additional chapter you published that contains author notes, or hiding that little blob of text at the end of a chapter?
>>
>>25516193
Can't find any example now, but it's when, instead of the "950 chapters hidden, click to show" stuff you have on The Chase, there's a small "1 chapter hidden, click to show" thingy in the top of the chapter list.

I'll try to find an example.
>>
>>25516236
that just means there was a new chapter posted somewhere in the mess of shit youve already read.

whoever it was added a chapter somewhere before the one youre on now
>>
>>25515311
As a gay guy, I have to admit that even I wanked to this a couple times. It's disturbingly good.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a gay version of this, maybe with Braeburn or Spike
>>
>>25516540
As if spike would have any anonymity in a glory hole

>pointy teeth and a thin forked tongue working my shaft? Gee i wonder who that could possibly be
>>
>>25516579
>teeth
>working my shaft
r u 4 rl bro
>>
Bump before I forget
>>
File: 1390672346843.jpg (775KB, 3046x3833px) Image search: [Google]
1390672346843.jpg
775KB, 3046x3833px
>>25501691
Daily you all have a favorite fic' to recommend? I like everything
Haven't read anything in months and feel like firing up the old kindle again for another story.
>>
>>25517336
I remember that pic.

My all-time favourite fic updated last week after a ten month hiatus.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/3513/keeping-it-simple

Still as wonderful as the first time I read it.
>>
>>25516579
So? I wouldn't say anything about it if he was good enough~
>>
>>25517336
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/47300/fallout-equestria---murky-number-seven
Great character development, interesting plot, insane emotional rollercoaster.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/5841/jericho
Dark comedy/adventure, probably the only funny fic I've seen on fimfiction.
>>
>>25517336
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/6515/days-of-wasp-and-spider (incomplete)
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/73404/through-the-well-of-pirene (complete)
>>
el bumperino
>>
>>25518104
En pagìo siete?

Yo no pienso que està uno idea muy bueno.
>>
File: 1392798001412.png (4KB, 206x237px) Image search: [Google]
1392798001412.png
4KB, 206x237px
>>25518142
co o mnie kurwa powiedziałeś?
>>
>>25517416
>MNS
Mah nigga
>>
>>25518156
Qan kay uj waqati.
>>
File: Hobbes Indifferent Face.png (14KB, 178x208px) Image search: [Google]
Hobbes Indifferent Face.png
14KB, 178x208px
What's the weirdest ship you saw on Fimfiction that actually worked?
>>
>>25518189
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/84903/twice-as-bright

Also The Games We Play kinda applies, since it's Rainbow Dash x Mare Do Well.
>>
>>25518156

我不知道
自己 去 明白
>>
>>25518189
Pinklestia, probably.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/84903/twice-as-bright
>>
File: 1357833427206.jpg (19KB, 479x360px) Image search: [Google]
1357833427206.jpg
19KB, 479x360px
>>25518187
>>25518224
jebane kebaby WYPIERDALAĆ
>>
>>25518261
>jebane kebaby WYPIERDALAĆ

中國沒有臟烤肉
>>
File: 1368324130976.png (211KB, 798x449px) Image search: [Google]
1368324130976.png
211KB, 798x449px
>>25518296
>中國沒有臟烤肉
jasne kurwa wiem że jesteś brudnym kebabem
wracaj do turcji
>>
>>25518314
>jasne kurwa wiem że jesteś brudnym kebabem
>wracaj do turcji

Eca, a mitta lambetya cendelesse orcova.
Istan quete ya merin, ar lá hanyuvatyen.
>>
ITT: dirty fucking foreign savages

>>25517446
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/6515/days-of-wasp-and-spider (incomplete)
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/73404/through-the-well-of-pirene (complete)
DoWaS is every bit as complete as pirene

anyone know if the pirene sequel any good?
>>
>>25518677
>Implying Autie the Qautistbecian isn't OP
>Imply me and based BC aren't actually controlling the thread
>>
File: kurwa mentalne ponyville.png (2MB, 1072x1399px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa mentalne ponyville.png
2MB, 1072x1399px
>>25518637
Sorry, dude, Google Translate thinks this is English and I have no clue what you're saying.
Remove kebab.

>>25518677
Whoa, hold up, there's a Pirene sequel?
>>
>>25518677
And on a related note, does anyone know why the sequel hasn't updated in a couple months? I was under the impression that he had already pre-written it.
>>
>>25518769
Apparently it's elve language.
>>
>>25518769
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/284980/pirenes-well-three-nights-in-manehattan

You're welcome, you Westron-speaking simpleton. The language is Quenya, aka Laewtil, the language of the deer from Besides the Will of Evil.
>>
>>25518815
like anyones read BtWoE
>>
>>25518815
Jetfire detected.
>>
>>25518815
>TtoP has a sequel
I cum
And I cum again
>>
>>25518869
This. Through the of Pirene is my favourite fic too.
:^)
>>
>>25518844
>>25518858
I actually haven't read BtWoE, I just had it on my Read Later list and saw Jetfire's blog post about naming his verse. The premise of the story doesn't really seem like my cup of tea, but if there actually is a bunch of Quenya in it I might give it a shot.
>>
>>25518930
>Quenya
sounds like a homo from nairobi
>>
>>25518677
>DoWaS is every bit as complete as pirene
No, in Pirene the story is actually over. DOWAS is every bit as complete as The Fellowship of the Ring.
>>
page 10 grope
>>
>>25516540
The author has written some gay stories as well.
>>
Does the rest of the fandom know that Sweet Apple Acres "cider" is probably apple juice or a barely fermented, low alcohol drink?
>>
>>25520856
Literally everyone knows that. Sometimes people just use that as an alcoholic beverage when they need it in their works.
>>
>>25520902
What else could be used as an easy substitute for alcohol?

Also, as a sidenote, I'd love to read about Big Mac or maybe a young Granny Smith accidentally discovering how to ferment apple cider.
>>
>>25518775
>I was under the impression that he had already pre-written it.
IIRC from his initial blog post, he was supposed to be working on an original novel, but had the idea for the sequel stuck in his head, so he just cranked out a chapter or two and posted them. I assume the rest of the chapters went sort of the same way
>>
>>25520926
Nothing supported by anything from the show, unless you want to get creative and do something from, like, the poison joke or something.

>Also, as a sidenote, I'd love to read about Big Mac or maybe a young Granny Smith accidentally discovering how to ferment apple cider.
Well the first few chapters of Diaries of a Madman had the main character teaching AJ how to make alcohol and then getting Rainbow Dash drunk.
>>
>>25520926

Back in season one, I remember some stories using salt based on Over a Barrel. You don't see that much anymore, though.
>>
>>25520986
Right, forgot about that one.
>>
>>25521000
And they wonder why water is so costly in the desert.

Or maybe it's like some irl zebras having to migrate to salty lakes to get their annual dose of salt.
>>
File: 45.jpg (22KB, 226x255px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
22KB, 226x255px
>>25501691
>Voiceguy hopefully losing all his autistbux in Vegas

Please, I'm smart enough to know when to stop.

Also, back from Vegas. I actually earned more than when I started. Thank you Blackjack machine.

In more relevant news, expect a drunk reading soon. But before that, Delicate Dick.
>>
>>25521069
Drugged reading when?

Stoned reading when?

Suicidal reading when?

Those are the ones I'm interested in.
>>
>>25521093
>Suicidal reading when?
Get helium and do a high pitched reading.
>>
>>25521096
Also this.
>>
File: rip darkshade.png (41KB, 900x542px) Image search: [Google]
rip darkshade.png
41KB, 900x542px
>>25521069
Hey Voicem8, you remember this?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-EfP-9xQAI

Well congratulations, the author has become the new incarnation of SA Starla now.
>>
>>25521136
>Darkshade666
He deserves it.
>>
>>25521096
>>25521107
>helium
Try sulfur hexafluoride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B9rDZZaKs8
>>
>>25521093
>Drugged
Maybe

>Stoned
Virtually no difference

>Suicidal
I'll just do this>>25521096

>>25521136
YES

THIS GIVES ME LIFE.
>>
>>25521196
Basically just sell every single thing you own except for a shitty computer and a microphone and spend all that money to buy helium and sulfur hexafluoride to record readings for like 20 people.
We're counting on you, voicefag.
>>
>>25521197
>>25521224
Well there are many different drugs that affect you differently, so I'd say there is a difference.
>>
>midnight polaks post here
I'm not even surprised.
>>
>>25521262
>midnight polaks
Is that a thing?
It's 3:46 am here in UK, so I'm way past being a midnight polack.
Also apparently "polack" is considered an offensive word even though it's exactly the same as Polish "polak", what the fuck?
>>
>>25521303
This is 4chan, nobody gives a shit about which word is offensive until it's being used against them.
>>
>>25521330
Yeah, yeah, I don't care about being called a naughty word, I'm just curious why anybody would be offended by being called the same thing they call themselves in their own language.
>>
>>25521363
Because niggers are dumb.
>>
>>25521244
I mean there'd be no difference from a regular reading than a stoned one. Weed and wax don't affect me enough to make one.
>>
>>25521433
Get LSD, then.
>>
>>25521168
starla detected
>>
>>25521262
They spend the day cleaning actual shit, so this is the only time they have to shitpost.
>>
File: 1429543786487.jpg (39KB, 529x557px) Image search: [Google]
1429543786487.jpg
39KB, 529x557px
>>25521594
>implying I have a job
lol nah, I'm here to steal uk dollars
>>
File: AAGMasterCharchartV3.5.1.jpg (2MB, 3515x2547px) Image search: [Google]
AAGMasterCharchartV3.5.1.jpg
2MB, 3515x2547px
>>25506588
>kh&c, chapter 3

God damn, it's good getting back into AAG again. 7DSJ just doesn't have quite the same kind of crazy.

In this chapter: Derpy's in the hospital! Silversteel rushes down to Ponyville to visit her. Rarity of course drops everything and comes along, and for some reason so do the rest of Knights Elemental, Shining Armor, and Cadance. It seems like Derpy counts as Family, but I'm not sure why - obviously she's connected to Silversteel by virtue of being his ex-fiance and the (adoptive) mother of his sort-of children, but Rarity and Silversteel have only been dating for a month, which doesn't seem like the kind of connection that merits such a massive response.

Putting Rarity, Silversteel, and Derpy in the same room for a while means they get to work out their side of the love tetrahedron. This goes rather smoothly - luckily, Derpy has completely forgotten about the impassioned letter she sent to Silversteel begging him to come back to her, so there's no reason for him to feel conflicted or to wonder why he never received this letter in the first place (answer: because his crazy sister burned it undelivered).

So, why is Derpy in the hospital? It's because a mysterious pegasus broke into the post office and beat her within an inch of her life. Since Derpy is (apparently) Family, Twilight, Rarity, and Shining Armor all agree to abuse their authority as much as possible to track the attacker. This turns out to be easy, because he's already in jail. Tiger Lily had hired him to beat up Derpy, but refused to pay because he left too much evidence at the scene. They fought, she won, then she ran to the police to tell them about this random stallion who just dragged her into a dark alley. Hence, jail.

Finally, Golden Sun (Silversteel's sister) knows about the beating, but apparently still thinks it's best for Silversteel to be with this psycho, rather than go back to Derpy or stay with Rarity. Should be fun to see how that gets explained.
>>
>>25521363
tell that to niggers. Its their favorite goddamned word. until some non-nigger utters it. then they get all pissed off and burn their own homes down

>>25521965
>Knights Elemental
literally what

why would random retard pony being in the hospital warrant princesses, knights, and a royal guard to attend? isretardpony leader of some antiharmony task force, or of any importance to anything?

>Since Derpy is (apparently) Family, Twilight, Rarity, and Shining Armor
wait what? how exactly?
>>
>>25521965
>doesn't seem like the kind of connection that merits such a massive response.
Yeah, we all know that every problem in the AAG universe is met with an equal and reasonable response.
>>
>>25522121
>>Knights Elemental
>literally what
In AAGverse, the M6 are called the "Knights Elemental". Don't ask me where the hell that came from.

They're also all duchesses, for some reason, and their duchies are named after RL horse breeds. Shetland, Mustang, Andalusia, etc. The full info is here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bKDYVNtqOGhn4_ms5cRPvWlfAp2mbe4gA4JdBi3qnbw/edit

>why would random retard pony being in the hospital warrant princesses, knights, and a royal guard to attend?
Good question. Since this is AAG, I assume they consider Derpy to be a family member of some kind. (AAG is just full of characters doing unbelievably stupid shit for the sake of family. Plus the M6 + princesses are all "Sisters Royal", so about half the cast of the series are family members to each other.)

>isretardpony leader of some antiharmony task force, or of any importance to anything?
Apparently she did some minor world-saving in Appleoosa a while back (I assume this is the story of the other AAG prequel). But like I said, her only connection to the M6 is by being Rarity's boyfriend's ex-fiance, and Rarity's only been dating this guy for a month. Seems pretty tenuous to me, but who knows.
>>
>>25522275
>who knows
Family knows best, Anon.
>>
>>25522318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

Everyone is family. except the ones who arent apparently
>>
>>25513509
>they don't use "juvenile+friend" for their significant other
There's never been a canon non-married relationship before, so of course they haven't used the term.

"Girlfriend" was used once in Hearts and Hooves Day, but it was in the same song as a stallion in a giant jar of jelly, so whether it actually happened is debatable.

Since canon's unclear on the terms, you headcanon your own. "Fillyfooler" and "coltcuddler" have that alliteration thing going on, which is why they've stuck so well. I don't mind if they're used--either as genuine terms or as slurs.

>>25513939
The /sp/ anon who wrote the Philmarilion.

>>25516236
Oh, that's a Fimfic coding thing that hides chapters after a certain point so that you don't have to scroll past 500 chapters to get to the comments. To my knowledge, there's no way to enable or disable it.

>>25518189
Bloomberg x Tom (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/44765/taken-for-granite).

>>25520856
As someone who lives five miles away from a cider mill, I'm well aware. Fresh cider is also not apple juice (it's unfiltered and unpasteurized) and is several orders of magnitude better than that juice box-tier shit. It can also get fairly frothy when well shaken.

>>25520926
>as an easy substitute for alcohol
Canon uses salt.
>>
>>25523569
>The /sp/ anon who wrote the Philmarilion.
I would argue that the collective amount of people who debated whether or not Twilight dyed her mane in that one scene would beat him...
>>
>>25521965
Why do people invent family trees with FlutterMac or Dislestia when FLutterCord is obviously an end game?
>>
>>25523821
Because FlutterCord is a bad ship that you should feel bad about liking.
>>
>>25521965
SWEET FUCKING JESUS THAT PICTURE
>>
>>25522275
>Shetland

At least this describes the fic correctly.
>>
>>25523569
>so of course they haven't used the term.
Hearts and Hooves day uses the term "(very) special somepony" a lot.
>>
>>25524540
My new favorite bit of that diagram, which I just noticed while going through KH&C chapter 3, is the dark blue and light blue lines for Hazy Jane (top-center, below Ditzy, gray with pink hair). Dark blue is for half-siblings and light blue is for cousins, but in Hazy Jane's case they both point to (mostly) the same ponies, Ditzy's five other kids (in a row at the top).

So, how does that work? Well, there was a section on this in some AAG side story. Apparently Autumn Mist, who's married to Ditzy, cheated on her with Derpy. Derpy got pregnant and had Hazy Jane. But instead of raising Hazy Jane herself, Derpy let Ditzy adopt her and raise her as her own. Hazy Jane grows up thinking she's just another of Ditzy and Autumn's children, when in fact she is both their half-sister (all six are in fact Autumn Mist's children) and their cousin (her mother, Derpy, and their mother, Ditzy, are sisters).
>>
>>25525725
This reads like a bad soap opera...
>>
>>25526202
because it is
>>
>>25525725
That's amazing. It took me a couple read-throughs to figure out what that second paragraph meant.
>>
>>25525725
>married to Ditzy, cheated on her with Derpy
Stopped reading right there.

Then continued reading and stopped reading at the very end.

What a shitty fucking fic.
>>
>>25526242
Yeah, it took me a while (and several consultations of that crazy diagram) to figure out what the fuck was going on when I first read that chapter. (Specifically, this was the side story chapter where Hazy Jane finds out she's adopted, at age like 25 or something.) It didn't help that literally none of these characters had been relevant to the story at all up to that point.

>>25526202
>>25526221
It really is.

Here's a bit more: The reason I was looking at the diagram in the first place was to figure out who all these random ponies are that just showed up at Derpy's house (in KH&C chapter 3). They are, of course, Autumn (Derpy's brother-in-law) and all the kids. Apparently Ditzy (Derpy's sister) is a raging fucking psychopath and all-around horrible pony to everyone, including her husband and children. Autumn shows up at Derpy's in this chapter because he needs somewhere safe for him and the kids to stay after his and Ditzy's latest fight.

Damn, it's confusing having Ditzy and Derpy be two separate characters
>>
Emergency bump.
>>
I have a challenge for you.
Write a story about https://derpibooru.org/837947
>>
>>25527615
Bleedin, come up! We got a new crackfic idea!
>>
>https://derpibooru.org/tags/rarajack

Literally two days after.

Two. Fucking Days.

And RaruhJack is already hitting Booru.

I honestly thought it would be way earlier than that
>>
>>25527615
I just love his ears. You can see his whole emotional state in their inclination
>"Holy fu-"
>*Fart*
>>
How do you think readers would react if I reject an episode's newly introduced canon on purpose to not disturb my story's plot?
>>
>>25528111
I think people are generally understanding if a story doesn't include canon beyond the point the first chapter was published. You can put a little author's note explaining that you planned your story out before the episode airs and couldn't reconcile it and you should be fine.
>>
>>25528111
Just do it, no one will give a fuck. You'll get some arguing in the comments about wether or not it's an AU, but only that.
>>
>>25528111

Is it an incomplete story of which you've already published multiple chapters? Then it's fine, though you might want to throw a "written before such-and-such episode" in an author's note for new readers.

Is it a story you've started working on, but haven't published any of yet? Then quit being such a baby, and just rework that shit.
>>
>>25528142
And if the entire plot it planned, the story's first few chapters are done and that including the canon would probably mean a major change in the story's plot?
>>
>>25528142
>and just rework that shit.
I wouldn't advise this as a must-do. I started writing something about the CMC when they are at their twenties and quite a lot of what is written (And will be written) hinges on them having the marks I gave them. Hell, them having a private and a public side is one of the cores of the plot, as is realizing what is that your mark truly means at a personal level.
>>
>>25528172
Just slap an AU tag and say that it was written before X episode.
>>
>>25528208
Or, DON'T slap an AU tag on it and instead just say that it was written before X episode.
>>
>>25528111
Just put some note at the end of the description about being written before the relevant episode.
>>
File: MNDlgbF.png (342KB, 808x546px) Image search: [Google]
MNDlgbF.png
342KB, 808x546px
>Be good idea
>Be coming down nerve
>Be blocked by crack fic filter

How can I get out of his head?
>>
>>25529399
Write it.
>>
>>25529434
But my host's brain won't let me go through.

Crack fic ideas get through very well though.
>>
>>25529523
Kill your host brain, become poltergeist.
Write crackfics as a poltergeist.
>>
>>25529537
cant get any worse.

go for it
>>
File: Months thingy.png (9KB, 784x416px) Image search: [Google]
Months thingy.png
9KB, 784x416px
>Write "Year"
>"Wait if their sun orbits their planet how the fu-"
>Feel that itch at the back of my mind
>Itbegins.png
>Take my handy notebook and scratch iddly on it while thinking about the mater
>Pic related happens
I will make unnecessary, barely mentioned or even used worldbuilding and you can't do anything to stop me!
But seriously, at this rate when I am finished with the planning of my big non-horsewords fantasy novel thing I'll have like six bibbles worth of notes, maps, and general worldbuilding, since for horsewords I just make up shit as I go.
>>
>>25530494
Eleven phases is a lot of phases! Why is it an odd number?

Where do you get the 44 days, and are you saying the Equestrian year is 484 days? Because it looks like you're saying the Equestrian year is 484 days!

The "Luna endara" bit is pretty good, though.
>>
>kh&c, chapter 4
It's now four months since Rarity and Silversteel started dating.

Tiger Lily has known for three months that Silversteel is "looking at another mare", but somehow still hasn't figured out who it is. This means neither has Silversteel's sister Golden Sun (I guess they don't talk that much?), and it also means that for some reason, Tiger Lily hasn't tried putting the moves on him yet (obviously he would refuse and tell her he's already seeing someone).

Anyway, Tiger Lily finally finds out about Rarity in this chapter, and promptly hires a delightful fellow by the name of Galahad Gutslasher (a gryphon) to maim and/or kill her. Unfortunately, there are several ponies named Rarity living in Equestria, and neither Tiger Lily nor Mr. Gutslasher are bright enough to realize that, since Silversteel hasn't been taking any long trips lately, he must be dating the one who lives in Canterlot. So Mr. Gutslasher sends one guy after a schoolteacher in the middle of nowhere, sends another guy after a seamstress in Ponyville, and rounds up four more to go with him after the Knight Elemental who lives in Canterlot. (I'm not sure if the M6's origins are not well known, or if this guy is just unusually clueless.)

Meanwhile, Rarity and Silversteel are enjoying a relaxing vacation on a hippie commune. They're about to have sex for the first time, but Rarity's insecurities get the better of her:
>“I’m still pure, Silver. I have no experience, no knowledge of which other than tawdry novels and a maiden’s dreams.”
>“I don’t have the …‘practice’…that Derpy or any before her have given you. And I cannot make our first night perfect.”
Silversteel convinces her everything will be fine, and they're about to start going at it, when Mr. Gutslasher and his friends kick down the door. Rarity summons her Element, and the chapter ends with this truly epic line:
>“FEEL THE WRATH OF A MARE DENIED!” Rarity roared as the world exploded in azure.
>>
>>25530552
>eleven phases
Part of it is because the moon has both visible and purely magical phases that only unicorns perceive, but mainly because I wanted something to justify the existance of years.
If anything, Equestrians have an exact calendar, not one that changes with time and gets an extra day every four years or so. Lucky them.
>>
File: 3280042-6192671870-29533.jpg (17KB, 484x234px) Image search: [Google]
3280042-6192671870-29533.jpg
17KB, 484x234px
>>25530619
kek
This god damned universe, Anon.
>>
>>25530619
>>“FEEL THE WRATH OF A MARE DENIED!” Rarity roared as the world exploded in azure.
I actually like that line.
I mean it's unfitting as hell here but it got a chuckle of me.
>>
>>25530619
>>“FEEL THE WRATH OF A MARE DENIED!” Rarity roared as the world exploded in azure.

You see, when you describe the story, it sounds like something really stupid that I wouldn't want to read. And then you pull a few choice quotes and I seriously consider if my sanity is worth it to see more stuff like that.
>>
>>25531496
Honestly I'm a little surprised people seem to like that line. To me it sounds like it's trying too hard to be cool, and not at all like something Rarity would ever say.

Keep in mind that none of these stories are particularly action-focused. Most problems are solved by yelling, not punching people. The actual fights are usually over pretty quickly (including this one, now that I've started in on Chapter 5) because one side or the other is massively OP and/or has the element of surprise.
>here: Rarity has mad Element-fueled magic, and Silversteel has both Royal Guard training and Monolith ancestry (meaning he's ridiculously strong and tough, like Big Mac)
>Singapore: A team of six assassins, versus Sunhorse and Moonhorse and Mike (in full-on RAGE MODE because these assholes are shooting at his wife). No contest.
I know there have been some other minor fights in AAG and 7DSJ (particularly involving SIRENs), but I don't remember any of them being particularly interesting.

The only fight I actually liked was the Cloudsdale thing from AAG, featuring (as I recall) DJ, Mike, Elusive, and Luna, versus Nightmare Moon and her shanghaied squadron of Iranian fighter jets. Of course, there might be another good one by the end of KH&C (now that Tiger Lily has completely fucking lost it and there's some kind of conspiracy shit going down), and also I'm still holding out hope for 7DSJ's impending wizard war.
>>
>>25531972
>Honestly I'm a little surprised people seem to like that line. To me it sounds like it's trying too hard to be cool, and not at all like something Rarity would ever say.

It's not a good line. It's just one of those hilariously over-the-top and slightly nonsensical one-liners that sound like a parody of 80s action movies. I'm a fan of those kinds of parodies, intentional or otherwise.
>>
>>25531972
It's not a good line, but the thing that makes it bad (how overblown it is) just goes so far that it makes it good again. Unintentional brilliance.

It's not the same, but comparable to how some of the dialogue in WaiWai was gold.
>>She cried again, "YES JOHN MAYBE YOU ARE ANOTHER SPECIES AND YES YOUR RACE IS VIOLENT, BUT YOU, YOU ARE OTHER, OTHER LIKE THE OTHER HUMANN; YOU POVED US YOU ARE OTHER, I WONT LOOSE YOU, PLEASE I CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU! SINCE YOU HERE. JOHN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON´T GO!!!" her words come out of her heart.

>"Good night John and call me ... DASHI." said the Pegasus pony.
>"OK I have to go now good night ... DASHI." said John.

Any line by the main characters also becomes much better if you read it in the voice of Tommy Wiseau:
>John ask for, "Steve please don't do that, they aren't involve in this. Please let them go. There are still children."

>John said, "THIS FIGHT ISN´T OVER STEVE. I PUT YOU AN END NOW."

>"SHUT THE HELL UP! I could kill you for that what you have done to me. I was every time honestly to you your highness and you LIED ME ALL THE TIME. YOU ALL." John started to lose his control about his feelings. He started running to her and stab her on her shoulder with his knife.
>>
I'm upset at vidya.
Anyone know any good cute fics?
>>
>>25532433
Cold in Gardez just put out a new fic that is pretty cute and funny about the dead rising and going about their previous lives as if nothing were out of the ordinary at all. Give that a try.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/300901/the-time-of-their-lives
>>
>>25532486
>That cover art
And now I wish that the strange waifu thread was alive.
If I wasn't worried about something I'd make it myself.
>>
>>25528111
They wouldn't care. Fanfics get grandfathered in. I can't think of a single time anyone got upset over a fic which started in 2013 not incorporating 2015 canon.

Nearly every fanfic will run afoul of canon eventually. Discord's reformation singlehandedly killed 97% of all stories when it happened and has made it a nightmare writing grimdark/adventure/warfics ever since.

>>25528142
>just rework
Screw that. Just slap an AU tag on it if it deviates so much it requires rewriting.
>>
>>25527858
I remember when I went to take a piss during the break in between the two last episodes of Season 2, and while I was taking care of business, I went on derpibooru from my phone and immediately found two or three fresh r34 drawings of Chrysalis.
Ah, those were the days. Now I have to wait weeks just to get 3 half decent pictures of a new minor character before everyone forgets her.
>>
>>25532879
Actually, I think that was still on ponibooru, but I can't remember.
>>
>>25532879
To be fair I think having a celebrity guest star attached to a new character makes people hesitant to draw porn of them initially, especially when they're as open and active about their involvement as Lena Hall is and has been leading up to the airing. Sassy Saddles, from what I recall, got quite a bit of porn right away. But Coloratura barely got half a dozen for the first couple of days. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with Cheese Sandwich too.
>>
File: 1352490002061.png (103KB, 599x566px) Image search: [Google]
1352490002061.png
103KB, 599x566px
>>25532879
>To be fair I think having a celebrity guest star attached to a new character makes people hesitant to draw porn of them initially
You mean like Discord or kind of like Faust's OC?
Because that wasn't true back then.

>Sassy Saddles, from what I recall, got quite a bit of porn right away
I genuinely had to google who the fuck that was. But still, she's been in two consecutive episodes, so she's slightly more relevant than most other new characters except Coco "Fluttershy" Pommel.

>I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with Cheese Sandwich too.
Well I mean who the fuck wants to draw porn of Weird Al's self-insert?
>>
>>25533031
Huh...
I wonder how much porn is out there of Weird Al fucking Pinkie.
>>
>>25533103
Not much.
Source: I have genuinely seen every single rule 34 pic of Pinkie excluding scat and watersports up on derpibooru.
>>
>>25533031
Faust's OC doesn't really count since she's not a real canonical character.

Discord I would have to take your word on, I kind of consciously avoid porn involving him. It really weirds me out for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.
>>
>>25533147
That's why I said "kind of like Faust's OC".
"kind of"

>It really weirds me out for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.
Fucking casual, bet you're not even into monsters.
>>
>>25532879
>>25533009
Because I hate myself, I went to derpibooru and checked how mane lewd images of Coloratura are there.
The results are, as of the 24th of November, out of the 239 images with her tag:
2 Suggestive Anthro pics.
2 Explicit Anthro pics. (There are two versions of one, but the only difference is a little bit more semen.)
1 Suggesitve Pony pic.
3 explicit Pony Pic
>>
>>25533185
Actually there are four explicit pony pics, and only one or two are kind of okay, depending how low your standards are.
>>
>>25533031
>Well I mean who the fuck wants to draw porn of Weird Al's self-insert?

>he doesn't want weird al horse porn

Also:
>self-insert
Is it really a self-insert if someone else makes the character for you?

>>25533115
>I have genuinely seen every single rule 34 pic of Pinkie
What an amazing life you live Anon.
>>
>>25533308
>Is it really a self-insert if someone else makes the character for you?
Well he named the character so he had some part in it.

>What an amazing life you live Anon.
Thank you. I just really really really really like Pinkie Pie.
>>
>>25533320
>I just really really really really like Pinkie Pie.
Party on, Anonymous.
Party on.
>>
>>25533333
QUINTS
SPEAK
TRUTH
>>
File: 1438581814876.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1438581814876.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>25533333
>that post number
>replying to me
I'M HONORED, YOUR GRACE
>>
File: Seize those digits.png (333KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Seize those digits.png
333KB, 1280x720px
>>25533377
>55
>333
>77
You're not too shabby yourself.
>>
File: 1353786514591.png (252KB, 636x348px) Image search: [Google]
1353786514591.png
252KB, 636x348px
>this thread
>>
File: You're doing it right.gif (1MB, 295x224px) Image search: [Google]
You're doing it right.gif
1MB, 295x224px
>>25533422
>>
>>25527615
>>25527841
okay.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lnhGbf48yZ1a7HTfkW3FyYZotwiTxsHQdi8SxbV08FI/edit
>>
I am searching for a smut story caled Bein A Princess or something like that, the plot was pretty much
>Twilight goes to fuck around with spells to the Everfree
>Time travel spell fucks up
>Grows a futa cock
>Proceed to fuck everyone, except Celestia who is also a futa and fucks Twilight
Any idea? It was terribly writen but I liked it all the same.
>>
>>25533931
You reminded me of something.

I want to write a random FimFic story prompt generator. Click a button, computer pics a random prompt, and you use that as the base for your story.
The prompt is always "Twilight fucks up a spell".
>>
>>25530619
>Lets out element power

Weren't the elements supposed to work only if they were together?
>>
>Wonder if anyone else used New Harmony for his story's title
>Search for New Harmony
>Re-write AUs set in the future featuring OCs/Self-inserts/Background pones becoming the elements everywhere

Are there any good stories exploring the elements not being attributed to the M6 we know?
>>
>>25534728
I know there are several rewrites of the first episode featuring different ponies, though none are particularly good as far as I can remember.
>>
>>25533185
Dang, so it actually slowed down from even the initial rush. The first day saw 5 out of about 170 images be porn/suggestive, and two of those were the edit variants of each other you mentioned. Only 4 more in the following two days? that's even less than I would have thought.
>>
>>25534826
This is how it all ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimpering wank.
>>
>>25533931
>not impregnating Celestia
You blew it all.
>>
>>25534678
You need all 6 for the friendship laser, but who knows what else they might be able to do alone?

In AAG they apparently do have some individual powers. In KH&C we've seen Rarity use Generosity as a generic magical power-up (she wins the fight instantly and summons sapphire cages from nowhere to lock up all the bad guys), and also Applejack has used Honesty as a magical lie detector. I don't remember whether they did anything interesting in AAG proper, but they very well might not have, since the story so far has mostly featured the good guys being horribly incompetent.
>>
File: big dubs.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
big dubs.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>25533333
>>
I want to write a Prince of Persia Sands of Time Crossover with Blueblood as the prince. What pony will fit as Farah?
>>
>>25534826
I'm still waiting for more Spoiled Rich porn.
>>
>>25535204
>but who knows what else they might be able to do alone?
Nothing.
Source: S2 finale.
>>
>>25535924
dont you mean intro?
>>
>>25536001
err premier? i cant english good today
>>
>>25536001
Hey guys, get a load of this fucking brony faggot! What a fucking neckbeard nerd, bet you remember every single episode lol
i completely forgot about canterlot wedding and assumed return of harmony was the only two-parter
>>
>>25536016
>i completely forgot about canterlot wedding
I can't blame you.
Outside of a few moments, I found it to be a bit forgettable.
>>
>>25536061
It had some memorable characters, in my opinion.
>>
>>25536061
It's one of my favorites, because it has Chrysallis and one of the best songs of the show. I can't help but love her "I am a bitch and you know it and I know you know it and I know you know I know it" vibe.
>>
We really need a new autistic guy asking for his fic to be reviewed/edited.
>>
>>25537750
I wish I wasn't too lazy to deliver.
>>
Since /k/ tier debates seems to wake us up, let's have one.

What role do you think the three kind of ponies are actually given in the EUP? Stuff such as who's in the logistics, the COs and NCOs (Commissioned/non-commissioned officers), communications, fire support, front-line infantry, &c. &c. &c.
>>
>>25538567
The answer is I don't care because we know nothing about EUP anyway.
Here's a better question: now that the last episode revealed unicorns also now a light spell, what do you think are their actual capabilities?
>>
>>25538607
*also know
as in, in addition to telekinesis
>>
>>25538607
I guess that would enable them to be used as scouts, mixed with a few other earth ponies for protection and support. The camera thing Twilight did would also be useful for that.

As to capabilities, we don't really know which spells are capable of being cast with which training level. Some anon in the last threads even believed telekinesis was for skilled unicorn only. My guess is that telekinesis, short distance teleportation and some other gimmicks like light/self-defense spells are available to all unicorn through their standard education system.
>>
>>25538647
I personally think teleportation is way too complicated. Have we ever seen any unicorn other than Twilight teleport?
>>
>>25538681
We have seen like three unicorns with extensive magic training, total. Celestia and Luna could be asumed to be good, but we could also asume that centuries of paperwork have turned them into actual paper tigers.
>>
>>25538681
Well, Twilight is probably in her early 20s, and even being the prodigy she is, there's a limit to what she can achieve. Seeing she didn't stop teleporting in the Crystal Empire song thingy and that, without being exhausted, I'm assuming a normal unicorn can at least eleport once over short distances.
>>
>>25538710
Even ignoring the common assumption that Element of Magic is actually the Element of Friendship, Twilight was still skilled enough to perform transmogrifying spells for which she got her cutie mark, to be taken in as Celestia's pupil, and to finally achieve alicornhood. Call me crazy, but I don't think her skill level is very common.
>>
>>25538710
>in the Crystal Empire song thingy
She was in Song Zone. The capabilities shown during songs shouldn't be taken as hard data.
Except for Pinky, but she's a reality bender anyway.
>>
>>25538764
>Except for Pinky
Ignoring your insulting misspelling of Pinkie's name, that would imply that her entire Smile, Smile, Smile song was a hallucination.
>>
>>25538759
>I don't think her skill level is very common.

It isn't, but she still has her limits. Just my interpretation, but it looked like she had just cracked the egg open instead of actually applying any complex spells, and then proceeded to go in a magic spazzing state where she didn't really control anything.
>>
File: Doom_Demon.gif (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Demon.gif
8KB, 200x200px
>>25538807
No no no, I mean Pinky.
You know, the element of HUGE GUTS?
>>
>>25538815
That's not the point, the point is she has a lot of raw power, and with years of dilligent study, she's grown to be a powerful magician even before becoming an alicorn.
>>
>>25538835
Not the one from that cartoon show about talking mice?
>>
>>25538764
>Song Zone

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to ponykind. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between good storytelling and just filling the runtime, between art and corporate meddling, and it lies between the pit of ponies' stage fright and the summit of their friendship. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Song Zone.
>>
>>25538873
thats homo
>>
>>25538873
I'm already confused...
>>
Well, that died quick.

How much time till the yuropoors wake up?
>>
>>25539405
I didn't even go to bed yet.
>>
>>25539429
>>
>>25539444
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
File: Jesus Christ how terrifying.png (242KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ how terrifying.png
242KB, 720x720px
>>25539459

You're not fooling anyone, Seth.
>>
>>25539503
>implying seth reads fanfics anymore
>implying even seth is autistic enough to go to /mlp/ in 2015
>>
File: Diagrama1.png (262KB, 2755x2661px) Image search: [Google]
Diagrama1.png
262KB, 2755x2661px
Thred's ded
Here
Have a lore
it grows and it grows and I cannot stop it or wish to
>>
>>25539686
That's amazing. I love tangential world-building that doesn't really matter in the long run. It's just so much fun making stuff up and getting it all to work.

Quick correction: for the description of "Amore," in the last sentence, it should be "beating heart" not "beating hearth," unless your fireplace comes to life once a year.
>>
>kh&c, chapter 5
Expo dump: Toward the end of Discord's reign, the pony king Jasper ran a secret forced-breeding program to create pony supersoldiers, called Monoliths (E), Adepts (U), and Redsprites (P). The goal was to have "everyday stallions and mares with a trigger in their mind, and just like flicking a switch, they’d become unstoppable monsters." The program never managed to produce a Redsprite, but in modern times its legacy is still visible in the Star Swirls, Clovers (Twilight), Lulamoons, Apples (Big Mac), and Mithrils (Silversteel).

Now, about that fight scene... Oh wait, it's already over. Rarity zapped some guys with magic, Silversteel punched some guys with freaky Monolith strength, and Celestia teleported in 30 seconds later (Twilight sensed Rarity using her Element). All right, show's over, time for sex.
>In their home in Canterlot, Cadance woke up and sighed.
>“I’m sorry, hon. Goes with the territory of being the Avatar of Love,” she said. “But this one’s really special: it’s Rarity.”
>He turned and looked at her with bleary eyes. “Cady, hon, I don’t know if that’s good or really, really creepy.”
Oh, and Silversteel got a promotion.

Afterward: The one mercenary who escaped meets with Tiger Lily to collect payment and gives her a scroll. She's working for the Weather Underground, some kind of general-purpose badguy conspiracy, to recruit Tiger Lily to their cause.

Golden Sun visits Tiger Lily, who has suddenly gone totally and inexplicably crazy. When Goldie tries to explain that Tiger Lily is not, in fact, already married to Silversteel, Tiger Lily flips out and fries her with a lightning bolt. Shining Armor finds out, and (after swearing to dedicate absurd amounts of Royal Guard resources to catch the mare who attacked his sister's friend's boyfriend's sister) he realizes:
>“We’ll never have to wonder if the old kingdom created a Redsprite,” Shining said in a tight, haunted voice.
>“Nature did it for us.”
>>
File: 2015-11-25_01-24-35.png (18KB, 1663x91px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_01-24-35.png
18KB, 1663x91px
Looks like the ride continues in three days.
>>
File: baconhair.png (12KB, 912x185px) Image search: [Google]
baconhair.png
12KB, 912x185px
>>25539821
Eight days for this one, I think (7DSJ usually updates on every Wednesday). Still no sign of that damn AAG update though.
>>
>>25538710
thought i saw somewhere semi-official that blink was somewhat unique to bookhorse
>>
>>25539758
Ah, thanks. English is good for puns but the ammount of similar words is annoying for anything else.
Also fixed Nightmare Moon to Nightmare Night in Nighta Mor, since I saw it at a glance.
>>
>>25539795
I know these words are meant to say something, but for the life of me I can't seem to process them.
>>
>AestheticB never made a spinoff focusing on Astor's life and upbringing
>nothing on how she met Valiant
>No old society war torn Equestria

Fuck
>>
>>25541514
Wow, he hasn't written anything since the beginning of 2013. I guess there's not much of a chance he'll revisit this world, though he was online yesterday.
>>
>>25541637
I hate when I see that.

If you want to vanish from the face of the earth and leave shit unfinished, thats fine

If you write yourself into a corner and cant figure out how to continue, throw up a blog post and change the storys status to hiatus or cancelled

Dont leave an incomplete fic as it is for 2 years and continue to log in every day like nothings changed. thats just ignorant, yo
>>
>>25542176
But what if I'm so constrained by responsabilities I'm not yet ready to face that I can't find the time to write, and whenever I can squeeze some time to log in and try to write a blogpost explaining the situation I just find myself unable to do it as I struggle to get rid of that knot in my chest that doesn't want to go away because it hurts so much me to accept that I failed at something as simple as this?
>>
File: 2.png (583KB, 1235x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
583KB, 1235x1080px
>>25528111
You should take it as a challenge to do better than the showrunners. That's what I always do.
>>
Anyone else reading The Enchanted Library?

It has some very nice worldbuilding so far; you can tell the author has put a lot of thought into it beyond what is written. The alternate Equestria is pretty engaging. I particularly like how the princesses have become a myth of the fantastical past of the still-quite-fantastical Equestria. It also features a slow-moving, believable TwilightxRarity ship, which is one of my favorite ships few people seem to write about.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/240255/the-enchanted-library
>>
File: This makes me moist.png (364KB, 622x602px) Image search: [Google]
This makes me moist.png
364KB, 622x602px
>>25543095
I read the one-shot and loved it. I'm waiting on the expanded version to be done so I can binge it.

>slow-moving, believable ship development
>pic related
>>
>tfw you only have one more chapter to write
It's a great feel. I wish I experienced it more often.

>>25532879
>I went on derpibooru from my phone
How long does it take you to pee?

>those were the days
I don't ususally frequent the episode discussion threads, but when I do, there's almost always a link to some r34 with the standard "wow, it's only been an hour/I love this fandom" responses.

Chrysalis was also a brand new species, villain, and had that "evil sexy voice" thing going on. Of course she'd get more than a standard female earth pony guest star.

>>25536061
Part 1 had terrible pacing, but Part 2 was great, even if the deus ex machina ending was shit.

>>25537750
I'll hopefully be that guy by the end of the week.

>>25538567
Earth ponies are the grunts/supply management.

Pegasi are aerial (obviously) and communications.

Unicorns are tactical/special ops and the nobility holds the highest ranks while a mix of the three species/clines/whatever hold the middle ranks that are actually competent.

The princesses are barred from getting directly involved or using the sun/moon by international treaty.

>>25538764
>She was in Song Zone
She has a tendency to spam teleport when she's stressed. Lesson Zero's the one I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm almost positive she also did it this season as well.

>>25539686
>phase = 44 days
>11 phases
>484 days of the year
Sounds really overly complicated.

>>25542176
But he already finished Immortal Game and his other two fics are oneshots.

I can't bear to use the canceled tag. They'll forever be stuck on hiatus.
>>
>>25543204
>But he already finished Immortal Game and his other two fics are oneshots.
I didnt even recognize the name, I was just commenting on those kinds of people who abandon stories but not their accounts

Even worse are those kinds of people who abandon decent stories and instead focus their efforts on one hundred thousand word nonsexual clopfics and beating off whilst fantasizing about the laundry
>>
>>25543095
I've seen that fic floating around once in a while and have been tempted to try it out, but Twilight/Rarity is one of those ships that often doesn't sit well with me because of how close Twilight is to Spike and how well she knows he has a huge crush on her, and true bros don't swoop in on the girl your bro is crushing on. IT'S NOT COOL, BRO.

So I'm curious now, how does this fic handle that particular hurdle, if at all?
>>
>>25544315
It's an AU, and a pretty good one if I do say so myself.

Twilight was one of the original four alicorns, and Spike was her guard, so Rarity and him never met.

The one-shot is a solid recommendation from me. I'm yet to read the expanded one, but I'm confident the quality will be similar.
>>
>>25544315
I believe the same author has a fic about exactly that issue, but in The Enchanted Library it doesn't come up, because Spike and Rarity haven't met.
>>
>been gone for 3 months
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>25545042
The FiMFic staff finally got around putting more tags.

A couple of interesting ideas for fics were discussed.

We had our nth debate about guns.

So, yeah.
>>
Does anyone have that enhanced map of Canterlot laying around? The pencil drawing showing the back of Canterlot that runs deeper into the mountains?
>>
>>25545042
The Guy Said Hi tried to usurp our threads, I made new threads with un-fucked up OP until her gave up
Voiceguy got depressed because he realized he was reading fanfiction of a show for little girls
Multipost anon has been conspicuously absent, reinforcing my theory of that VG and MPA are one and the same
Shitstorms
Cockmaces
Fic in the same universe as Through the Well of Pirenhe
Same as always.
>>25543204
>Sounds really overly complicated.
[This may sound pasive-agresive, but that's not what I intended]
You know, every time I post anything related to my wordbuilding someone says I overcomplicated it, even when it's something relatively simple. I don't really know if, at this point, they mean "It'll confuse the readers you'll get most often in fimfiction" or "Yo creating a new number system is kinda pointless"
But it's fun to build worlds, and worlds tend to be at least slightly complicated, so I'll keep building worlds.
>>
>>25545176
>Voiceguy got depressed because he realized he was reading fanfiction of a show for little girls
>Multipost anon has been conspicuously absent, reinforcing my theory of that VG and MPA are one and the same
Wat? He's right here: >>25543204
>>
>>25545191
I meant as in posts less than usual. Should've worded that better.
But then again that could be just me.
>>
File: 1441116360907.jpg (529KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1441116360907.jpg
529KB, 1024x1448px
>>25545162
No.
>>
>>25545042
>>25545176
You forgot Starla finally quit fimfic. Though that faggot still comes and posts here occasionally.
>>
File: 1441416078152.jpg (2MB, 3287x4111px) Image search: [Google]
1441416078152.jpg
2MB, 3287x4111px
>>25545207
Thanks m8te
>>
>>25545176
>reinforcing my theory of that VG and MPA are one and the same
What gave you the impression that I don't have a 4chan Pass and post constantly under different IP's to mantain the illusion of an active thread?

All this time it's been just you, me, and Regidar.
>>
>>25545213
>Relevant
>>25545222
>You, me and Regidar
If I ever posted a screenshot of the whole thread, at least a quarter of the thread would be my posts. It's oddly possible that it's five guys tops.
But I love this thread too much to talk less on it. I am like that psycho girl friend who goes nuts because the tooth paste is running out faster than it should so "THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE ISN'T THERE I KNEW IT", only more kind.
>>
>>25545244
He was relevant :^)
>>
>>25543204
>How long does it take you to pee?
I know how to use my phone while walking and unzipping my pants because I'm not retarded.
>>
>>25543204
>How long does it take you to pee?
it takes longer when you sit down to do it
>>
>>25545176
>The Guy Said Hi tried to usurp our threads
How? I thought he always made them?
>>
>>25546212
He started taking ITT's outta his ass and changing parts of the OP at whims.
>>
File: screenshot.298.png (3KB, 181x161px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.298.png
3KB, 181x161px
Uh
Explain?
>>
Used to read a lot of fics back in 2012-2013, have read pretty much everything on the starter kit.

Any recommendations on AU/adventure stuff? Like Earth & Sky, I really liked Night's Favored Child back then, but that will never be finished.
On the other end there's This Platinum Crown, which got a little too convoluted for my tastes and I see now is nearing on a million words.
>>
>>25546653
Austraeoh
>>
>>25546286
Similarly.
>inb4 -ly adverbs are stylistic cancer
>>
>>25546222

You mean keeping it fresh...?
>>
>>25546653
Just finished Chasing Winter here.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/98069/chasing-winter
Trixie joins an expedition to the frozen north.
It was pretty good. Author can't into commas, and the ending went on a bit longer than it should have, but overall I liked it. Also, the chapter titles are amazing
>>
>>25547695
Sure, theguysaidhi.
>>
I had this idea while I was in central Philly last winter and I only just remembered it

essentially, it's an AU set in the future where magic and technology have created machines that take the bodies of ponies who volunteered themselves in the past upon their death and place he consciousness of ponies in the present time who've been in terrible accidents that render their bodies useless and give them another chance. The story here would come from a pony ending up in the body of Twilight Sparkle (who, of course, gave her body up for science), and slowly recalling her memories through a glitch in the system and unraveling her life while pushing through a bleak, not exactly dystopian but sort of hopeless future and uncovering dramas in her life that illustrate more about the circumstances of her death and how the body ended up being donated to the pony who ended up getting it.

Anyone think that'd be worth reading?
>>
>>25548242
I wouldn't desu
>>
>>25548242

It would be interesting if it were the sort of thing I were interested in, which is a roundabout way of saying I probably wouldn't read it, but someone will dig it, so go for it.
>>
>>25548242
Dunno what's wrong with these two clowns >>25548260 >>25548540, I'd read the fuck out of that.
>>
>>25548260
wait, there's a word filter on /mlp/?
desu t b h
>>
>search scifi
>sort by "heat"
>#1 is a crossover
>#2 is a crossover
>#3 is a crossover
>#4 is a crossover
>#5 is a crossover
>#6 is a crossover
>#7 is a crossover
>#8 is a crossover
>#9 is a crossover
>#10 is a crossover
>>
>>25548595
inb4 someone brings up the xcom crossover and says it's actually very good
>>
>>25548655
I've read Stardust already and it really was good. Too bad the sequel is kind of crap.

After I was done shitposting I added -Crossover to my search, and found a couple regular scifi fics that look like they might be tolerable.
>>
>kh&c, chapter 6

Not much going on in this one.

Shining Armor sends some outrageous fraction of the Equestrian military to hunt down and capture Tiger Lily (presumably because She Attacked His Family, and no character in this story understands the idea of separating personal and professional concerns when making decisions). This turns out to be a good idea, since Tiger Lily can apparently singlehandedly destroy entire squadrons of Wonderbolts with her Redsprite weather magic, despite having no practice with or even knowledge of those powers until three hours ago, and also she's still totally nuts. She eventually crashes somewhere in the Badlands, but just as the Wonderbolts are closing in, 500 pegasi and gryphons in red berets show up from nowhere, run them off, and rescue Tiger Lily.

The red beret guys turn out to be the soldiers of the Weather Underground, led by Pony Che ("Chaff Guarana"). They're working in secret toward the violent overthrow of the Equestrian government, in order to establish better equality between the species or some such thing. Tiger Lily agrees to join them, since they promise to help her "rescue" her "husband" from the "so-called 'Royal Family'". To confirm her dedication to the cause, she has to change her name:
>“There is only one thing to call myself,” she said.
>“I am now, and ever will be…Revanche.”

Ordinary love triangles are boring. Let's have a love triangle where one of the participants is a deranged, superpowered pegasus with 500 revolutionaries at her back!
>>
>>25549073
thats pretty retarded
>>
>>25548588
it's on all of 4chan senpai
>>
Have gone through the recommended and even the review/riff documents.
I am still in the need for a AU/Dark story where in the griim darkness of equestria there is only war.
Lines and Webs was fun but I couldn't stand how needlessly evil Celestia was and how convoluted things got in the sequel towards the end, and the Immortal Game was just goofy.
To my knowledge, all of the great "nightmare moon won" fics update at the same speed as "A Song of Ice and Fire" or are dead as fuck.

Anyone got any war fics that aren't shite or deader than Applejack's parents?
>>
>>25550470
>Good pony war fics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMYgcS53Ezk
>>
>>25550470
>war fics that aren't shite
thats a tall order. thats like asking for a self insert where the extremely attractive and successful protagonist doesnt have a three foot long willy

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/58529/the-ash which was brought up last thread technically qualifies
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/10157/upheaval-breaking-point series
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1918/stories-in-stone-lunas-royal-guard series
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/8947/war-of-the-fallen-race was an only slightly spergy human vs equestrian thing

only ones I can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>25550654
>>25550652
yeah yeah i know, I'm a begger and a chooser.
I've read some of upheaval but a couple things turned me off of it. I'll certainly try it again since it has 2 sequels.
Every one but war of the fallen race has been on my watch list for later viewing
>>
>>25550697
>I've read some of upheaval but a couple things turned me off of it

I hear you. I finished the first one, but had to force myself to do it, and while the sequels are on one of my shelves somewhere I'm in no rush to get to them

twilight- theres this horrible, shitty place outside of equestria where everything is awful and shit. I must tell everyone about it
sunbutt- thats not a good idea
twi- i dont care if youre a god and ive worshipped the ground you walked on since I was 5. im doing this
worst princess- youre my favorite peon, you rescued my sister, saved the world a couple of times and are one sixth of a superweapon that is the only thing keeping this country safe, so I have to kick you out
rest of the mane 6- oh yeah? well then were abandoning our homes and families to go with her
retarded day horse- youre the only line of defense protecting us from random animal attacks and malevolent deities. I'm okay with this. begone with you all

seems legit
>>
>>25550785
Yeah, I couldn't suspend my disbelief that she would just say "lol fuckoff" to all of those ponies, as well as a lot of the stuff twilight did.

I haven't seen anyone talk about The Slave King series in any of these generals, anyone have an opinion to validate mine that it's top tier HiE? (if there is such a thing)
>>
>>25550849
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/15014/the-great-slave-king
that one?

its on my read later list, but waiting for it to wrap up before getting started
>>
>>25550470
My rec whenever someone wants a dark/action FiMFic is The Immortal Game:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1886/The-Immortal-Game

The large scale battles only happen towards the end, but the whole thing is a warfic. It's lots of fun. Can be dumb at times, but it's still good shit.

Beginning chapters can be edgelord-y depending on your tastes, though; I personally thought that it was pulled off in a really horrifying way without being too over the top, but I know a lot of people think it's pretty cringy. Just keep that in mind if you read.

The middle is really the best part, though. The opening is edgy depending on taste, the ending gets more fanficcy in the last chapter, but everything in chapters 7-23 is pretty much pure gold.
>>
>>25550876
As far as I know he's making it into a fuckin' saga, though he's finished two out of however many entries he's making into the series
>>25550922
Yeah, I enjoy it but when people compare it to a Michael bay film I can't help but agree.
Still fun, though.
>>
>>25551055
...Actually, that's not too bad a comparison. It has more internal consistency than a Bay flick, but it has a lot of the same elements. Over-the-top badassery, war, ancient evils rek'n shit, dramatic dialogue.

You're right.

Oh my god.
>>
>>25550470
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/13034/the-age-of-wings-and-steel
Age of Wings and Steel is a warfic, not really full-on grimdark but things often don't go so well for the protagonists. Aside from the war itself, Equestria hasn't gone completely to shit but it's not it the best shape either. Not 100% sure it's what you're looking for, but might be worth giving it a try.
>>
>>25551075
I actually was just looking at that.
I don't need a boo-hoo everything goes wrong and life sucks story but i don't want a story where you constantly know that nothing bad will ever happen to any protagonist because they're protagonists.
I'll check it out.
>>
>>25548570
sweet anon
i hope you'll enjoy it when it eventually gets posted in thread
>>
>>25550922
I want to do a parody sequel called The Immoral Game, where after the events of TIG while everyone is rebuilding, Celestia and Lunas creepy uncle returns and starts molesting everyone
I'd like to see a canon appropriate warfic.

>The equestrian army approaches the gryphon encampment
>thousands of troops stand shoulder to shoulder in tight formation, their armor gleaming in the sunlight
>Their commander <insert General Order or equally silly pony pun name> bellows out a motivational speech
>a blistering warcry emits from the troops
>as one they maintain formation as they stampede toward the enemy lines, murderous intent in their eyes
>as they get into range of their enemy cries of 'For Celestia' ring out
>thousands of troops bear their weapons towards their evil foe
>Thousands of pies arc through the sky, few missing their targets while the enemy counter attacks

The only winners of a pony war are the ants, who feast for generations on the aftermath of equestrian battlefields
>>
>>25545042
>more Fimfic tags (Mystery, Horror, etc.)
>gun debate
>Autismo's still writing New Harmony
>anon writing balloon horses is getting eaten by worldbuilding
>>>/trash/ is now where clop gets posted

>>25546286
Word thinks the sentence can be rewritten with fewer words while still having the same meaning. i e:
>Although Bradley Hall is regularly populated by students, close study of the building as a structure is seldom undertaken by them.
>Bradley Hall is usually filled with students who do not study the building as a structure.

>>25548242
7/10 concept. I'd give it a chance. Might be a little confusing shuffling around the different plots, though

You could probably drop the dystopian/hopeless future stuff and just focus on the character and Twilight memories angle. It would clean up the plot a little and not use a fairly cliche "the future is shitty" plot

>>25550470
There's:
>For Want of a Dawn (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24152/for-want-of-a-dawn), one of the older "evil AU" fics
>Lunar Rebellion (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/77470/the-lunar-rebellion), which I'll never stop shilling even though the protag isn't the best
>Bad Future Crusaders (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/135179/bad-future-crusaders), which is less a warfic and more a "try to live in Empress Twilight's dystopia"
>Re:Harmony (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/78420/reharmony), a total AU with an earth pony/pegasus cold war that's going hot and story arcs more agonizing than Johto
>RAID (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/54686/raid), a special forces fic centering on Dash
>And, of course, The Night That Never Ended (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/25219/the-night-that-never-ended), one of the original "NMM wins" AUs and one of the only ones that's actually complete.

>>25550785
I see you never got to OC alicorn heaven. It actually isn't as bad as it sounds, although I much preferred the "Equestria's constantly under siege" plot to the "God and heaven politics" one
>>
>>25552134
I've read all of those except bad future crusaders and RAID, though Re:Harmony was one I couldn't get through because of the weird tech level and cringing at fucking katanas and pony jitsu.

Didn't know that Chegar had been updating so much, I do like Lunar Rebellion fics.
>>
>>25552134
>You could probably drop the dystopian/hopeless future stuff and just focus on the character and Twilight memories angle. It would clean up the plot a little and not use a fairly cliche "the future is shitty" plot
but the future is shitty because of what happened to Twilight
>>
What do you think about killing characters AND doing so purposefuly with a sense of disclosure? As in the character died before completing it's main arch.
I am curious and feel playful with the idea of doing that to put my readers at the same sense of loss as the characters themselves, even if others may or may not decide to complete that character's arc in stead of their dead friend.
>>
>>25552962
I feel that the current state of The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon would be a satisfying end. It just ends with Shining Armor emptying Twilight's braincase, and since the entire story is from her point of perspective, nothing comes after the ignition of gunpowder.
Or the fifth book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's a depressing one, but it's been foretold for a damn long time. Two books, even.
Go for it. It could be done very well. Just do the usual building of empathy with the main protagonist, make the reader feel themselves into their situation, as well as their friends. Then kick them in the head.
>>
>>25552962

It's tricky. You don't want to just rip the carpet from under your reader for the lulz. If you do it, you're going to have to be sure you ultimately bring a sense of closure to the reader, even if it wasn't the closure they were expecting.

>"Buck up, sugarcube," Applejack said to Dash, as the sobbing pegasus hugged Twilight's tombstone, snot running down her nose. Applejack stared into the sunset. "Somewhar, somehaow, Ahm shore she's aout thar, teachin' hersayelf ta bake tha parfect napalm pie."
>>
File: seriously.png (20KB, 216x159px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
20KB, 216x159px
>firsthoof
>>
>>25553392
>>firsthoof
What are you trying to say, autist?
>>
>>25553596
Such a word does not exist. "Firsthand", however, does.
>>
>>25553603
Ah. That is annoying.
>>
File: wut.png (8KB, 375x161px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
8KB, 375x161px
>>
File: Spike.png (210KB, 1801x2851px) Image search: [Google]
Spike.png
210KB, 1801x2851px
>>25553392
Firstclaw.
>>
Firstbump
>>
>>25555080
I hope the get doesn't happen here. We're nearing the end anyway, so it wouldn't really matter.
>>
>>25555204
futaloo get
>>
>>25555526
let me try again
futaloo get
>>
>>25555601
Too late, now back to inactivity.
>>
>>25555601
FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>25555555
>>
>Someone else who is a part of the group makes a thread.

>Gets tons of replies.

>I make a thread, and I'm the same standing with the group as the other.

>Get no replies at all. Or, no co-operation to do said thread thing.

I'm thinking people just dislike me. Because, I can't seem to do anything that the group wants. And I'm confused by that, I'm not a bad person.

If you are asking what group? The Cockroach Club of course.
>>
>>25556074
i'm sorry what
>>
>>25556096
I make a thread in a group and no one cares is what I'm saying.

While other users who have been in the group for as long as I have get all the replies.

Something wrong with me?
>>
>>25556114
you're
SHADOWBANNED
>>
>>25556124
wat that mean.
>>
>>25556124
Is that even possible in fimfic?
>>
>>25556159
I still don't know what the shit you are on.
>>
>>25556159
>>25556172
I was merely meme-ing, newfriends.
>>
>>25556181
SING MY SONG AND BECOME NOTHING
>>
>>25556219
But my voice sucks.
>>
>>25556219
But I already am nothing.
>>
>>25549073
>Chaff Guarana

That's even worse than Starlight's role in Schlongs.

I wonder if it would have actually worked if I published one, considering how low Fimfic's quality treshold seems to be.
>>
>>25556498
*it
>>
>>25556074
fuck off bleedin, holy shit
>>
File: lvgn-1445355877-223509-full.jpg (558KB, 843x896px) Image search: [Google]
lvgn-1445355877-223509-full.jpg
558KB, 843x896px
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/223509/dusk-falls
So this is pretty much a Gravity Falls crossover, right? Has anyone here read it?
Looks kinda interesting.
>>
>http://g.e-hentai.org/g/601329/aaa7cdf359/

Wow.
>>
>>25556899
Edit.

>http://www.hentaibox.net/hentai-manga/26_6_Tari-Tari_Getting-Pregnant-And-Giving-Birth/01
>>
>>25556899
>This gallery has been removed
Go to exhentai like the big boys instead of relying on the censored version of the site.
>>
>>25556918
Damn it, it was there the last time I checked.
>>
Researching nocturnal plants for Luna stuff...

>Evening primrose

Sounds kinda plain, and not obviously nocturnal. What else have we got?

>Moonflower

Right, okay, that's pretty MLP, I can do this

>poisonous and hallucinogenic

O-kay...

>Corpse Flower

Uhh... probably a bit too metal for what I want, there must be other nocturnal plants...

>Midnight Horror Tree

Jesus Christ, nature!
>>
File: скачанные файлы.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
скачанные файлы.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>25553392
hand -> hoof
HAND -> HOOF HOOFSOME HOOFFUL HOOFY HOOFICAPPED HOOFER HOOFKERCHIEF UNDERHOOVED
HOOFLE CAREFULLY! FRAGILE
SHIPPING AND HOOFLING
GRAB IT BY THE HOOFLE
HOOF IT OVER
DEAD STALLION'S HOOF
HOOFICRAFT HOOF GRENADE HOOFGUN HOOFIWORK HOOFJOB STAGEHOOF STABLEHOOF
THE CLOCK HAS AN HOUR HOOF, A MINUTE HOOF AND A SECOND HOOF
HOOFSOME
HOOFSOME!!!
There are no brakes on the HOOF train
>>
>>25557182
How do I subscribe to your blog?
>>
>>25556907
>cutting the fucking short to have more dialogue and that birthing scene
>the fucking wasn't even that good to begin with
3.5/10
>>
>>25557194

...I have no blog, and I must rant.
>>
>>25557193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhkczZqSZdg

You think you're denying me of something
Well I've got plenty
You're the one who's missing out
But you won't notice

'Til after five years
If you'll live that long
You'll wake up
All loveless

I dare you
To take me on
I dare you
To show me your hoofs

I'm so bored with cowards
That say they want
Then they can't hoofle

You can't hoofle love
You can't hoofle love
You just can't hoofle

I dare you
To take me on
I dare you
To show me your hoofs

What's so scary
Not a threat in sight
You just can't hoofle
You can't hoofle love

You can't hoofle love, baby
You can't hoofle love
It's obvious
You can't hoofle

I dare you
To take me on
I dare you
To show me your hoofs

I'm so bored of cowards
That say they want
Then they can't hoofle

You can't hoofle love, baby
You can't hoofle love
It's obvious
You can't hoofle

I dare you, I dare you
I dare you, I dare you
>>
It's almost four years since she last appeared in the show.
>>
>>25557926
I want to believe she got transferred to another hospital.
>>
>>25557962
She doesn't even show up in the comics any more. Not for years.
It's like her existence has been forgotten.
>>
>>25557926
>>25558008
So? Who cares. She's boring.

The vet pony from Secret of My Excess, though, now that was a cutie.
>>
>>25558008
DIG THE SWELL HOODIE
>>
>>25558100
better than cherry berry I guess. at least red had a speaking line iirc
>>
>>25558386
She had several, in like two episodes.
>>
File: 1357949473355.png (132KB, 381x311px) Image search: [Google]
1357949473355.png
132KB, 381x311px
>>25558386
At least Cherry Berry has an actual personality.
She's grumpy and really loves winter.

But anyway, I'm not willing to argue about irrelevant background ponies at 3:20 in the morning, so let's not.
>>
>kh&c, chapter 7

Revanche has been training with Chaff Guarana and the Weather Underground for the past four months. Apparently it will be at least another year before they're ready to take on the establishment. Fortunately this fic has been good about timeskipping over boring parts, so this shouldn't drag on for too terribly long (unlike 7DSJ Book 4).

Elsewhere, the Knights Elemental and their Sisters Royal are all preparing for the Grand Galloping Gala. Everyone has a date but Twilight, so her friends help out:
>“I think I might know a pony who might fit the bill, if he’s still available: unicorn stallion by the name of Life Bloom, attached to the 867th Combined Cohort out in Saddleback Mountain. Guy’s not a Guild mage, obviously; he’s the unit’s medic if I recall correctly, but he’s rather bookish and right up Twi’s alley.”
Given this is the only one who's not an established character, it seems clear he's a Weatherpony here to cause mayhem.
>“Not going to work.”
>“Why would you ever think that, Rainbow, dear?” Rarity asked.
>“He’s a colt-cuddler,” Rainbow said matter-of-factly.
Definitely a Weatherpony - otherwise why would he agree to this?
At the gala itself:
>“Shining, dear, while you know I enjoy yours and Cadance’s company, I’d hoped to spend more time dancing with my dearest love here.”
>“Yeah, sorry about that,” Shining began, “but unfortunately, I have to gather up the officers present for Celestia’s speech.”
Silversteel being dragged away from Rarity? Perfect opportunity for Weatherpony shenanigans.
>Finally, the party ended into the wee hours as the sun, guided by Celestia, began to creep over the horizon.
LITERALLY
NOTHING
HAPPENED

Seriously, I spent the whole chapter expecting the shit to hit the fan, and fuck-all happens (aside from Twi getting plastered because her date isn't really interested). Total waste of time.
>>
>>25558462
>Total waste of time.
Thought you'd be used to that by now.`
>>
>>25558401
>grumpy and really loves winter
>actual personality
>>
>>25558508
It's more personality than I have.
;_;
>>
>>25558508
Did I fucking stutter?
>>
Hey, is anybody keeping track of the 7DSJ Book 4 posts? Trying to look up what the story is from whoever is reading through it but I can't find some of the older threads.
>>
>>25558655
He was making a pastebin, I don't know if it's up to date.
>>
>>25558655
Do you people actually want to read all that shit?
>>
>>25558506
Sure, but at least most chapters advance the plot in some way. Rarity and Silversteel grow closer, Tiger Lily meets the Weatherponies, etc. But in this one, they go to the gala, have a (mostly) good time, and that's about it. The only bits that I could see being relevant later on are Rarity meeting Blueblood's wife Champainge Dreams (a.k.a. Sunset Shimmer) and agreeing to visit them some time (maybe 1/20th of the chapter), and Twilight meeting Life Bloom (also 1/20th of the chapter at most).
>>
>>25558701
Sure. It's fun to have the tidbits of a terrible story.
It's like the old riffs, but without actually having to read the story.
>>25558711
>Blueblood's wife Champainge Dreams (a.k.a. Sunset Shimmer
...what?
>>
File: 1435049282144.jpg (68KB, 1000x371px) Image search: [Google]
1435049282144.jpg
68KB, 1000x371px
>>25558726
Speaking of having tidbits of a terrible story, I keep checking if Mythril uploaded a new chapter of Persona EG yet even though I know it's coming tomorrow
I just cannot stop reading that retarded fic
>>
>>25558683
Ah, neat, I hope it is up to date.

>>25558701
Hey, it's like cliff notes for the story, beats having to trudge through all of it just to get the meat of the story, right?
>>
>>25558655
I haven't put together a pastebin for 7DSJ or anything, but I have been pretty good about starting all the posts with a marker. All my main 7DSJ posts start with ">7dsj, chapter ###", so if you search the archive for ">7dsj" you should be able to find them. Similarly, ">aag" for the AAG posts (though I do also have a pastebin of those, somewhere).

>>25558726
If I'm correctly remembering the main AAG storyline, it goes like this: In this world, Sunset never becomes Celestia's student or anything like that. She's born in a poor family out in the middle of nowhere and generally has a shitty childhood. Then at some point, she uses shapeshifting (or possibly illusion) magic to create her "Champaigne Dreams" persona, and moves to Canterlot claiming to be the last living heir of the such-and-such noble house. So now she's loaded (and can send money to her poor mother), and also at some point she gets married to Blueblood.

In the main AAG fic, she turns out to be the leader of a group called the Purehooves. They're working in secret toward the violent overthrow of the Equestrian government, in order to purge the country of all the inferior species or some such thing. In other words, another conspiracy like the Weather Underground, but completely independent and with opposite goals.

>>25558789
Okay, when I get a chance (probably early next week) I will go through the archives and put together pastebins of all my AAG/7DSJ/etc shit.
>>
>>25558866
Hey, thanks man, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>25558401
>no speaking lines
>always looks like a cunt
>personality
>>
>>25558866
>working in secret toward the violent overthrow of the Equestrian government
in this verse, literally everyone in equestria who isnt an alicorn apparently wants to overthrow the government
>>
Why haven't you written anything lately?
>>
>>25559835
I am, but it's for my education, not for my imaginary horses.
>>
>>25559884
Then its clearly a waste of time and effort
>>
>>25559068
Yes. It's shown to you instead of being told to you. Wonder if there's any writing guideline that suggests this very method.
>>
>>25552179
>weird tech level and cringing at fucking katanas
Yeah, I can see how that can kill it for people. Why the author didn't just go with some really cool AU weapons instead of F-16s and the like I'll never know.

>had been updating so much
He's gotta get those Patreon bucks. He gets $210.75 every time he updates a fic. I always wonder if he pays his editors.

>I do like Lunar Rebellion fics
It's not actually about Luna rebelling but is about the pegasi pulling a confederacy a century after NMM and starting a civil war. They just use Luna (who formerly was the pegasi's princess) as a propaganda platform to "justify" their war.

>>25552240
Ah, okay. It's still going to be a challenge juggling all those plots.

>>25552962
So long as there's a point to killing them off. Killing someone just to kill them or to show how evil the bad guy is or some shit is really a waste.

>>25553392
>>25553603
>We've seen how much you care about Pinkie Pie firsthoof
>Then she could see first-hoof that Griffonstone is...
Suck it up, it's canon grammar.

>>25558401
Wait, isn't she the one who actually owns the hot air balloon?

>>25559835
I have. I've written 2,752 horse words this week so far.
>>
File: 1357949398825.png (171KB, 738x494px) Image search: [Google]
1357949398825.png
171KB, 738x494px
>>25560224
>Wait, isn't she the one who actually owns the hot air balloon?
Apparently.
>>
>>25560224
>I have. I've written 2,752 horse words this week so far.
Different anon here, but I've written over six thousand words this week...
>>
>>25560238
Wait, that's not what I wanted to upload...
>>
>>25535293
Yo, Fimfic pones, come deride my terrible writefaggotry so I can take a nap without worrying the thread's gonna die.

I am le tired =/
>>
>>25560398
AiEQG?

fuck off. we have enough trouble keeping our own thread alive to bother with some shitty nohooves greentexter
>>
>>25560398
>namefag
>Fimfic pones
>writing greentext
>asking us to criticize greentext
>I am le tired =/
You must be looking for the Writefag's Guild.
We do not deal with cancer here.
>>
File: Rainbow_Dash_shrug-1.jpg (25KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_Dash_shrug-1.jpg
25KB, 450x450px
>>25560418
Man, it's been a while since Anon called me cancer.
People really get butthurt over the namefag thing nowadays, eh?
Guess I just don't get it.
>>
>>25560479
Guess you should fuck off right back to Ponychan.
>>
>>25560487
Never been on Ponychan in my life.
Think I'll just let you be.
You seem the type that's just going flip out no matter what I type.
Have a good day!
>>
>>25560513
So it was merely a bait then?
>>
>>25560398
Wrong thread.
>>
>>25557415
i want /mu/ to stay
>>
>>25560224
>>I do like Lunar Rebellion fics
>It's not actually about Luna rebelling but is about the pegasi pulling a confederacy a century after NMM and starting a civil war. >They just use Luna (who formerly was the pegasi's princess) as a propaganda platform to "justify" their war.
badass, mang.
>>
Could anyone direct me to some fics that pull of dialogue really well? I'm finding that to be the hardest thing right now and I was thinking of learning from example.
>>
>>25561244
Murky Number Seven
No, I'm serious. You can almost hear the characters experiencing the emotions they feel. The author is a genuinely great writer.
>>
>>25561254
Sweet Jesus. I'll see you in a year then.

Thanks[\spoiler]
>>
>>25561262
It does take a while to actually get to any meaningful conversation, considering Murky has no friends to talk to at first.
>>
>>25558462
>867th combined cohort

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? If it's at company level, then there's no such thing as a "combined cohort", it's simply a force made of a single type of units, i.e. combat engineers.

If it's at any higher level where combined forces are encountered, then it's called a bloody battalion, division or army.

Does Chink Azura really need to be pulling that much shit out of his transsexual ass?
>>
>>25560398
Ayy m8 wrong thread

>>25529550

We deal with the firearms, they deal with removing cancer.
>>
>>25561262
dont listen to him. hes been shilling that shitastic pile of literary poo for months now
>>
>>25561594
>its in the same universe as something i don't like so its bad
Ha.
>>
Tell me, /fimfic/
Am I masochist? because I just introduced a whole community of rhyming people.
>>
We're two posts away from bump limit, wanna start working on the next ITT?
>>
>>25562785
>Nurse redhearth was deleted from reality, >hoof puns
>>
>>25562785
You did what?
>>
New Equestrian National Anthem
prewriting generic clop and plugging new character names into it so you can publish it while the episode is still airing
'fillyfriend' is used instead of 'marefriend' just like you use 'girlfriend' instead of 'womanfriend'.
The continuing insanity of the AAG universe.
Eldricht abominations with unsurmountable power who content themselves with making you forget where you left your keys.
We're just one post away from becoming /int/
Voicefag died on the way back from Vegas.
The relative speed at which porn based on new characters is created.
Disregard fanfiction writing in favour of worldbuilding.
slow-moving, believable ship development
-ly Adverbs are cancer
warfics that aren't shit
Firsthoof is canon, deal with it.
Cherry Berry has "grumpy" as her lone personality trait and that makes her more interesting than half of us.
Nurse Redheart went to Canterlot and bacame a family mare.
>>
>>25562978
>Disregard fanfiction writing in favour of worldbuilding.
It's my favorite method of procrastination
>>
File: tumblr_nyhif6qFMD1rgu2c4o3_1280.png (139KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyhif6qFMD1rgu2c4o3_1280.png
139KB, 700x700px
This pic, edited so Twilight is pointing at anon's fic, would be perfect for an OP
>>
File: It's not what it looks like....png (2MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
It's not what it looks like....png
2MB, 1280x2160px
>>25563043
I did this.
>>
>>25562978
we on page 7 if you want to get a move on with that
>>
>>25563278
I'll start on it.
What should the tagline be this time?
>>
>>25563322
Shameful self awareness.
>>
>>25563347
I'm ok with this.
>>
Hoof thread

>>25563385
>>25563385
>>25563385
>>25563385
>>25563385
>>
File: 1410478787703.png (160KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1410478787703.png
160KB, 640x512px
>>
>>25560224
>Ah, okay. It's still going to be a challenge juggling all those plots.
>literally two, possibly three plots

I may not be a fantastic writer, but I think I can handle that.

plus, the "hopeless" future is more of the setting, not a plot. The plot is the main character getting flashes of Twilight's life while living in the "hopeless" future
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.