[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twilight will lose her wings in the finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 1252994_1374759534291_full.png (159KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1252994_1374759534291_full.png
159KB, 894x894px
Twilight will lose her wings in the finale
>>
And age a few years.
>>
>>25482622
Honestly, what do you people hope to gain with Twilight losing her wings?
>>
>>25482622
And then she will regain them in S6 opener.
Nice dubs btw
>>
>>25482622
Celestia will become fucking invincible in the finale
>>
File: 1367372233877.png (156KB, 639x900px) Image search: [Google]
1367372233877.png
156KB, 639x900px
>>25482637
The ability to enjoy the show again.
>>
>>25482679
>letting the wings prevent you from enjoying the show

I hate the wings but I still enjoy the show. Season 5 has been pretty good for the most part.
>>
So assuming this is true, (which I'm pretty sure it isn't) what would the creators do to justify it? What would the point be in the show? The only thing I can think of is some sort of "you don't need to have wings to be special! What makes you a good princess is your great big heart, not some fancy wings!" lesson to make kids who blend in feel like they matter.

Even then it'd feel pretty pointless, the "you're special" message has to be to one of the easiest to write about in a cartoon. Every show has that episode, so it wouldn't be very groundbreaking, especially for a season finale.

It's pretty late to write out the wings for the sake of the fandom, since we've had two seasons to adjust. I feel like if they were gonna do that it would've happened in the season four premier or finale right after the great Twilicorn happening we had on here.

Why would they do this?
>>
File: 1563614141.png (2MB, 2400x1694px) Image search: [Google]
1563614141.png
2MB, 2400x1694px
>>25482622
Then Nyx gives them back to her in the Season 6 premire.
>>
You know sometimes I wonder what would happen if she lost her wings AND horn. Forced to rely on just her talents for research and the strength of her friendships. No deus ex machina just hard planning and teamwork.
>>
>>25482838
>nyxposting
>>>/mlpg/ with the rest of the shit.
>>
>>25482832
Losing the wings could possibly revive Twilight as a character. She's basically been a glorified paperweight since she got them.
>>
>>25483195
Fair enough. It'd probably be a bit embarrassing for the writers. They'd basically be admitting that they wrote themselves into a corner with Twilight.
>>
>>25482622
why does everyone keep saying this?
was there some sort of shitty "leak" that happened from someones uncle who works at hasbro?
where is the citation for this shit that people keep spouting?
or is it just baseless hope with no basis in real evidence?
>>
>>25483333
>checked
Also, they sorta did. Better fix mistakes IMO.
>>
>>25483488
>checked
Is there any sauce on the staff admitting Twilicorn is retarded?
>>
>>25483617
Their inability to do anything with her is proof enough. But we're saying that removing the wings WOULD be all the confirmation anyone needs.
>>
>>25483662
My bad, I thought you meant they admitted it already.
>>
File: doctor-who-clara-oswald-1.jpg (508KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-who-clara-oswald-1.jpg
508KB, 1280x720px
Clara will die the day after tomorrow.
>>
>>25483740
Wrong subreddit m8

I'm gonna miss her though
>>
>>25482622
nice meh-meh
>>
>>25483788
>Wrong subreddit
Hey, OP started it.

Yeah, I will miss that ass too.
>>
>>25483804
Degenerate,Duty.
>>
>>25482622
>thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4MGwlZuAc
>>
>>25482639
No, she will not.
>>
>>25482838
The wings will be gone in the finale.
>>
>>25482689
Eh, real talk it's not the wings people hate about Princess Twilight. People just want Twilight to be handled better and regain the charm she had in Season 1 & 2.

IMHO the show can't fall back on what made it good in Season 1 & 2. A lot of the staff that made those seasons enjoyable are gone and Lauren of course walked out ages ago.

In season 5 with the obvious exception going to be the two-parter finale, Twilight herself hasn't really gotten all that much screen-time and it's probably for the best since the show can focus on more characters. And the time it does focus on her it usually just princess shit or her stressing out about responsibilities and it's usually other ponies doing shit to make her look good.
>>
>>25482622
Dan will cum inside of Twilight in the finale
>>
File: 1382320254671.jpg (12KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1382320254671.jpg
12KB, 158x153px
>>25482622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5xMBflnJqY
>>
File: You Are A Newfag.jpg (15KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
You Are A Newfag.jpg
15KB, 268x200px
>>25484403
>>
>>25484241
The problem is that even when she isn't front&center, Twilicorn's very existence is tumor. It just raises way too many issues for the writers to solve, but ignoring them will only let the cancer grow.
>>
I don't see how removing her wings will fix things. It won't change everything from MMC onward and it would be a dick move on Celestia to suddenly say "You can't be a princess anymore because you don't have wings." She can't just suddenly return to being the "faithful student" of the past if she loses her wings. And honestly, it would be a huge cop out if they use the time travel shenaniga
>>
>>25484519
*And honestly, it would be a huge cop out if they use the time travel shenanigans to undo everything.
>>
>>25484519
>it would be a huge cop out if they use the time travel shenaniga
It's the best shot they've got though. And they're going to fucking blow it.
>>
>>25484519
Prince Twatwaffle was still a prince -- horn only.

But I haven't personally gotten the sense they need to cut her wings off, or that they might be planning on it.

I got the sense they're going full multiverse, and will meet not-rule63 not-alicorn Twiley, who will be confused that canon twiley has the extra limbs.

That conversation should be fun to watch.
>>
Having watched the first half of season 4 before seasons 1-3, I can't say I noticed a difference between princess twi and unicorn twi
>>
It will happen
>>
>>25483195
>She's basically been a glorified paperweight since she got them.
>>25484241
>And the time it does focus on her it usually just princess shit or her stressing out about responsibilities

I don't get why people say this. Admittedly it works for S4, because there wasn't actually a Twilight-centric episode besides the two-parters, and >implying character development in two-parters, but in S5 she has had multiple episodes and has been handled very well while being confronted not only to princess stuff but also more personal problems, all the while expressing her character and personality.

And this isn't even restricted to her episodes, it's also in other episodes she's part of, especially the Map episodes.

pic kinda related but not for this specific issue.
>>
>>25487216
>pic

says the twifaggot
>>
>>25487829
wat?
>>
>>25482622

Well, does she remember the last place she saw them?
>>
>>25484551
Not sure if anyone's said this; but they might do a "Back to the future 2" -esque timeline tangent. It'll all be back to normal in the end, but we could see wingless current-twilight. Knowing the writers referencing older popular movie themes, I wouldn't rule it out. A "Quantum leap" 1st person objective-style is also possible.
>>
>>25482622
There is also a scene where Fluttershy tear down seeing Discord as a stone statue.
>>
>>25489672
Discord will be still evil and be dead in Season 6.
>>
Anyone have the plausible summary? Where Starlight asks Moondancer to improve the time travel spell?
>>
>>25489672
Video of scene? I love Flutters and Discord.
>>
>>25491299
You're already proven 100% wrong since DeLancie tweeted he did voice work for S6. Keep up with current events if you want to shitpost well.

Also can't wait for the reaction when Starlight inevitably joins the M6.
>>
>>25483385
Its just baseless shitposting.
desu, removing the wings at this point wont really do much. Twilight's character is pretty much done, barring her getting used to exercising her "authority". If they give her a student, they can just write her completely into the sidelines to receive lessons of the day like Celestia and focus on the new pony in her stead.

She did always want to be like Celestia, right? Well, let her do the same job role wise.
>>
>>25491374
Or actually have her play an active role in teaching. Really wish we could have seen the early interaction between Twilight and Celestia.
>>
>>25482646
>Starlight Glimmer goes back in time
>Makes Celestia become insane instead of Luna
>Celestia gets banished to the Sun
>Luna is still young and can't manage the kingdom
>Glimmer offers to help
>Twilight is never tasked to study friendship and never becomes a princess

It all makes sense now
>>
>>25491336
Fluttercord will end in Season 6.
>>
>>25491374
Twilight Sparkle want to be like Celestia but NOT being a princess.
>>
>>25491540
Its a little too late for that seeing that she's settled into the role either way. Whatever plans Twilight had before that are irrelevant.
>>
In s5 she is "we get it you like books". I've lost both hope and interest in her honestly. To think during s1 I couldn't choose between her and Flutters who is a better waifu...
>>
Wait, someone leaked the season finale?
>>
>>25491345
Discord is evil and he's planning to turn Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle to the dark side in Season 6.
>>
>>25491562
Twilight Sparkle will tell off Celestia and tell her that she quit as princess in Season 6.
>>
>>25491575
apperantly, yes
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Spike will die in the final.
>>
>>25487216
>in S5 she has had multiple episodes and has been handled very well
By "handled very well" you mean "her princess status being ignored" you mean. It's literally the worst thing that happened to the show.
>>
>>25491580
Prove it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.