[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: p8307652_b_v7_aa.jpg (101KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
p8307652_b_v7_aa.jpg
101KB, 480x720px
I completely forgot how comfy, cute, smooth and good this cartoon used to be.
The voice and acting is believable and even the ironic acting isn't phoned in.
And the ponies move and hop around to keep things from getting too boring.
Plus they don't scream every single minute , act like they're snorting cocaine and are mentally retarded. Their dialogue and acting is well composed.
The plots might not be too great, but the characters make up for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9EqoWzTKRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKkTumzH-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaSwwXe5gsQ
>>
ok
>>
>>25437232

ok
>>
S1 was just comfier

But if you ask me S4 and S5 by now were bretty gud if you ask me.
>>
>>25437232
Back when the show wasn't full of memes and pandering.
>>
>>25437232
what is this,2011 again.
>>
>>25437232
I'll always be a s1fag. For those reasons plus everything was a lot more innocent back then - no assholes that are like "oh you REALLY want this cherry? Lol 10 bits or fuck you" or anything like that really
>>
>>25437232
>>25437293
>>25437320
here's your (you), nostalgicfags ^:)
>>
Lesson Zero was the beginning of the G3 with memebait era.
>>
>>25437672
Lesson Zero was actually good though
>>
>>25437898
I remember people were complaining that the series was changing and not as good as season 1 from Lesson Zero on.
>>
you guys want one, for old times sake?
/)
>>
>>25437985
No. We never did that back in 2010.
>>
File: 1439480337916.png (39KB, 1317x617px) Image search: [Google]
1439480337916.png
39KB, 1317x617px
>>25437232
Reminder that Season 1 is completely dead, the show murdered it.
>>
>>25438030
yes it was, but it was done ironically.
>>
>>25437232

ok
>>
Do we have any season 1 nostalgia websites or places?
>>
>>25437232
I feel your pain, bruh
>>
>>25437232
>Three ponies having a sleepower
If you told me I would be missing such premises I'd call you a mad man. But I do. Fuck adventures.
>>
The only genuinely bad period for MLP was season 3 and anything that happened in that timeframe.
>>
>>25437232

Fucking agreed, lightning in a bottle.
>>
>>25438036

Some parts of that post, like Dash and Rarity aren't really true, though. Unless the plot demands for it for some reason or another, they've been fairly consistent. Both have actually made strides towards goals they've wanted since S1 (Wonderbolts/Canterlot-famous) and aren't involved in "Muh Destiny" like Twilight was.

The EoH are gone. Rainbow Power exists, but we dont even know what it is or how it came to be beyond "Friendship Energy power-up from the mystery box". At least there was a history behind the EoH.

Celestia serves no purpose as a character in the show now beyond exposition/mission setups during finales/openers. The Cutie Map replaced her....not that it matters much.

She was always favoring Twilight for most of the team efforts anyway. At least Luna had an episode or two and actually interacted with the other ponies she rules over on screen.

>A nice finale like the Gala
After all of the "epic" ones like Tirek and Chrysalis, I doubt we'll get a comfy finale again without AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS or somepony trying to rule/enslave others.At least Glimmer had others involved in stopping her than just firing friendship lasers at her to solve the problem.
>>
>>25438498
The Elements of Harmony will return in Season 6, but rainbow power will gone forever. Princess Celestia will be in the season premiere in 2016.
>>
>>25437232
Don't forget Nyx was popular.
>>
>>25438498
>Twilight for most of the team efforts anyway
Yeah but at least in Season 2, Celestia noticed the rest of the Mane 6.
>>
>>25438663
You're getting desperate.
>>
>>25437232
I've been rewatching season 1, and the difference is really noticeable. The show now feels like a parody of its earlier self at this point, what with all the fandom references and shit.
>>
>>25437985
/mlp/ hands out the brohooves way too often these days. It used to be saved only for special occasions, but now it seems like every other day it's like
>m-maybe, just this once ;~; /)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if "(\" gets posted here more than anywhere else.
>>
Season 1 was definitely fun, sometimes I miss the simpler plots and dialogue.

Season 2 is still my favorite, which is typical for a lot of the cartoons I've watched. They're out of the introductory phase and past figuring out what the characters are like, and can branch out on their ideas a bit. And except for season 3 and a few lame episodes here and there, it really hasn't been a bad ride since then.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.