[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYOA: Final Frontier #4 Sleep is for lamers edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 2ntwn47.jpg (99KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2ntwn47.jpg
99KB, 1600x900px
Last episode, we did absolutely nothing important.
We did manage to suggest quite a few good ways to find the ships.

Previous threads: https://desustorage.org/mlp/search/tripcode/%21Sb02GYmBvQ/type/op/

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/9XKBc71t (Updated as per usual with the newest goodies)
Note: I live in Czech Republic, this puts me into the Central Europe timezone, bear that in mind.
>>
>>25414521

>Yeah, looks like you hit something.
>It'll be better idea to leave it be.
>Plus, you can always snoop around in the fleet database.
>"Ah, forget it. We should focus on the mission." You say, and smile.
"Yes, good idea."
>You smile and turn back to face the forward viewport of the bridge.
>The ship sets course for you latest site of the spot where the last freighter disappeared.
>Once the ship stands still at the coordinates, the Captain pokes you.
"The scans will take at least an hour to make. Want to go to the cantina?"
>The sudden request surprises you slightly.
>"Well, I don't see why not, sir." You say.
>Captain stands up, and you follow behind.
"Lieutenant, the bridge is yours. Notify me about progress."
>One of the tactical officers salutes, and sits at the captain's chair.
>You follow Captain White through the corridors, to the cantina, and to one of the chairs next to a window, revealing a view of the space, dotted by an infinite number of stars.
>The Captain orders a coffee and cake, and you order a daisy sandwich.
"So, Zeli, Could you tell me more about yourself? The files I got only show your perfect marks. But I'd like to know what you did before the academy, If I can ask, of course."
>So what will you do? Will you tell him more about yourself, or do you politely decline?"
>>
Bumping.

Seriously though. Why is the page counter broken on mobile?
>>
>>25414936
I wouldn't know
>>
>>25415676
Fixed it, somehow chrome does a better job on phones.
>>
Also, CYOA open, you can beam up your suggestions. I've still got to mop the floors, so no fast business.

I've been meaning to ask, how do you guys want to handle combat? (Be it ship, or ground.)
>>
>>25414525
Well, we are a young zebra mare, freshly graduated with perfect marks, and we're already a first officer. I find it unlikely we have anything horrible in our past, so we should share. Plus, maybe Captain White will be more likely to share what happened with his first officer if we share first.

>>25415761
Every CYOAs seems to use a different system for this, but I like the one where you use the last digit of a post number as a dice roll, and the number you have to get higher than changes with the difficulty. But it's really up to you.
>>
>>25416051
A dice roll system is a bit to random without modifiers.
>>
>>25416071
I'd be fine with modifiers, if you want them. I just worry about things getting too complicated. I like difficulty levels better because it can do everything modifiers do, but it's all on the DM's end.

"You're trying to do something hard, but is in your area of expertise. Roll six or higher on 1d10."
>>
Page nine bump.

>>25416071
If you don't want things to get too random, we could also try making some sort of system. Stats or skills or something. It might be nice to actually have some numbers so we can see what we're good and bad at.
>>
Last time I'm bumping this.
>>
>>25416110
That's a bit fair
>>
>>25417396
ok
>>
You know, ever since Spacewolfe asked about combat, I've been having a hard time trying to picture it. How are we going to be able to fire a phaser with hooves?

And as long as we're wondering about things, does the pony Federation have Vulcans and other species in it like the Human Federation does? How would they even get around on a pony ship? Do they just have to duck all the time?
>>
>>25419553
Anyone?
No?
Okay.
I guess we all just go back to waiting for Spacewolfe in silence.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 829x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 829x1000px
>>
Last bump before bed.
>>
Arise from your slumber.
>>
>>25425483
Seconded.
>>
>>25415761
Do we even need rules for space combat? Zeli is an engineer, not a tactical officer. If the ship gets attacked we aren't going to be the ones firing photon torpedoes. We're going to be the one bypassing the safety interlocks on an ODN relay so that we can redirect more plasma to the forward emitter array.
>>
>>25426363
Fair enough
>>
It's 4AM in the Czech Republic. Do you think we can keep this thread alive until Spacewolfe wakes back up?
>>
Bump, damn it.
>>
>>25428442
Maybe
>>
Okay, one last bump before I go to bed. It's past midnight where I am, and that central nervous system thread took a lot out of me.

See you all in the morning if the thread is still here.
>>
>>25431129
Sounds like I missed something.
>>
>>25432037
You did.

>>25429896
>>
>>25432646
wat
>>
>>25428442
Spacewolfe, please
>>
>>25429520
>>
to bump where no pony has bumped before
>>
>>25438651
These are the voyages of the NCC Lupine.
Or Vulpine. Or whatever we named our ship.
>>
>>25439078
What did we?
>>
will it be morning for czech soon
>>
>>25440104
Just checked the pastebin. We are the first officer on the Vulpine, NCC 110599-K. Vulpine means fox if I remember right.
>>
File: image.gif (45KB, 739x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
45KB, 739x426px
Bumping with the source of our problems.
Damn time zones.
>>
>>25442526
what a scourge
>>
>>25442298
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.