[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished all of the original MSG and Zeta, and now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: ZZ Gundam.jpg (25KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ Gundam.jpg
25KB, 720x480px
So I just finished all of the original MSG and Zeta, and now I'm about five episodes into ZZ Gundam.

Is it absolutely necessary to watch all of this before CCA? I knew that ZZ was going to be a "Meh" watch, but I didn't think it would be this retarded. I hear it gets better around episode 20-21, but I dunno if I want to slog through that many episodes.

On a slightly unrelated note, should I watch Unicorn immediately after CCA or get through the major OVAs (08th MS Team, 0080, 0083) first?
>>
File: 1504236796535.gif (3MB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1504236796535.gif
3MB, 480x362px
I'm just a little further down the same path as you in terms of viewing, finished CCA last week. ZZ does get a lot better at the half way point but it is ok to skip some episodes early on if you have to. Once they get to Earth, shit starts to pick up.

As for Unicorn or OVAs next, it's up to you. I'm going through 08th and War In The Pocket before Unicorn. I heard 0083 was exhaustive and boring, so I'm going to skip that for now.
>>
It's not necessary to watch anime (real).
>>
Don't think that CCA is actually good.
>>
>>15872399
Its important to the Gundam metaverse.
>>
>>15872345
ZZ is better than Zeta though. The only bad part is Moon Moon, which is 2 episodes.
>>
>>15872619
Moon Moon is the best, it has Captain Bright vs the Space Aztecs, it's so fucking dumb!
>>
File: garma_master_race.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
garma_master_race.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>caring about MSG after they killed the best character.
>>
>>15872352
Up to you to skip 0083, but the Gundam Prototypes in there are sexy as they can get
>>
Dropped it after the first episode, it was literally a recap followed by toy advertisements followed by a clip show of events that hadn't been shown yet.

It's not even anime
>>
ZZ is great. I share the sentiment, though. The beginning is FUCKING SHIT compared to Zeta. With the fucking toy ads and humor. They get their shit together eventually, though. Takes a while, but just deal with it.
>>
File: haman.png (918KB, 950x806px) Image search: [Google]
haman.png
918KB, 950x806px
>>15872345
ZZ is my favorite UC gundam series like this anon said >>15872621 it's dumb, but brilliantly dumb, and a lot of fun. Just don't take it too seriously, and don't go in expecting more of Zeta.

To answer the question though, you really don't need to watch ZZ before Char's Counterattack. In fact, I always saw CCA as more of a direct sequel to 0079 than anything; the Char in CCA doesn't really make sense when compared to the Char in Zeta.
>>
>>15872345
ZZ is unironically better than CCA but you don't need to watch it if you don't want to.
>>
>>15872345
>>15873075
>ZZ is unironically better than CCA but you don't need to watch it if you don't want to.

This. Also, you can skip most of the filler, just watch this:

7-13
16-23
27-28
32-38
42-47
>>
>>15873090
>encouraging skipping episodes
Don't be a faggot
>>
File: mashmyre.png (386KB, 634x471px) Image search: [Google]
mashmyre.png
386KB, 634x471px
OP here. I HAVE A MAN'S NAME aside, this series really made me appreciate Kamille as a protagonist more. I'm only on episode 11, but Judau is just annoying at this point. Though, now that they've just gotten into the space the show is starting to grow on me. I can never get enough HAMAN-SAMA from Mashmyre.
>>
>>15872345
>Is it absolutely necessary to watch all of this before CCA?
No, but CCA is worse.

>>15872345
>On a slightly unrelated note, should I watch Unicorn immediately after CCA or get through the major OVAs (08th MS Team, 0080, 0083) first?
I don't think Unicorn references the OVAs at all, but they're much better than it is so watch them instead.
>>
>>15872345
Watch the Zeta movies, then you can watch CCA.

Or if you need to trudge through ZZ. All you need to know is Neo-Zeon self destructs and everyone who was introduced in ZZ fucks off and never returns except for a single clone who has over 300 abortions.
>>
>>15872345
>Is it absolutely necessary to watch all of this before CCA?
No. It's a good series, though. The wacky pretty much stops around episode 11 or so, when they leave Shangrila. Personally I just think there's something wrong with the air in that colony that makes everyone act high as fuck. It becomes a normal Gundam show after that.
There is one other short arc (two episodes, i think) on a really old colony called Moon Moon that has inexplicable space aztecs and identical princesses and is more or less the prototype for the story ideas of Turn A and G-Reco, but other than that it's a normal Gundam show after they leave Shangrila.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.