[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARLING in the FRANXX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 1505313949646.jpg (214KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1505313949646.jpg
214KB, 640x360px
>>>/a/162211644
>>
File: 1505313851955.jpg (174KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1505313851955.jpg
174KB, 640x360px
>It's one of those two-piloting-one-mech shows
>>
>what if we took Tauburn and made it a mortar hedd that looked like a girl?
>Trigger

No thank you da
>>
>>15868168
>what if we made it otaku and western pandering shit

Sasuga trigger, only the best! /s
>>
File: 294p7aw.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
294p7aw.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>15868156
>>15868159
This designer really needs to stop ripping himself off.
>>
>>15868159
Main character & FrankXX & Knuckles
>>
>>15868168
>mortar hedd

It's clearly a Gothicmade
>>
>>15868156
>Franxx is the name of the mecha type, not the mech itself

I expected the whole series to be about girls who morphed into giant robots, but I guess it's just another generic Eureka 7 type show where the girl introduces the boy to her robot.

>>15868175
We all thought the show would be about piloted Kiltgangs, but that's not what we got.
>>
Do we have an air date yet?

I haven't gotten to participate in watching shows as they air with /m/ in a long time and this seems like it'll be an interesting watch, at the very least.
>>
>>15868196
>I haven't gotten to participate in watching shows as they air with /m/ in a long time

>Watching shows.
>With /m/.

Spare yourself the disappointment and watch it with /a/. Better threads, less shitposting, more people.

BTW, the CM should be airing just about now.
>>
>>15868171
>otaku and western
Think about the garbage you are typing before pressing submit
>>
>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ltty
>>
File: same channel same hour.png (310KB, 728x412px) Image search: [Google]
same channel same hour.png
310KB, 728x412px
Meh, not much. Main pair name's 016/Hiro and 002/Zero Two, some japanese text, and next week pair.
>>
>>15868175

Koyama knows how to do two things: Nirvash Spec 3 and Tauburn. Every single design of his in the past ten years or so follows the design qualities of one or both of those designs.
>>
>Trigger
Sorry I am not le ironic weeb
>>
File: Earth_Engine_Impactor.png (215KB, 395x642px) Image search: [Google]
Earth_Engine_Impactor.png
215KB, 395x642px
>>15868175
>Earth Engine Impactor is scaled up Heroman
>Fran is Tauburn with tits

How does he keep getting away with it?
>>
>>15868250
I'd say "it works" but none of those shows except Star Driver sold particularly well so I dunno
>>
File: fairlion___1_by_lintanghaseo.jpg (119KB, 812x983px) Image search: [Google]
fairlion___1_by_lintanghaseo.jpg
119KB, 812x983px
>>15868156
Looks like a knockoff Fairlion.
>>
>>15868247
>grrr they like something from a studio i don't they're not REAL anime fans
>now excuse me while I sing praises of Maidragon, as Kyoani is the greatest studio of all time
>>
>>15868204
>less shitposting
Dude, not even you believe this.
>>
>>15868343
i ain't gonna share a board with tokuniggers
>>
>>15868347
Now I know youre retarded
>>
>>15868353
not the guy you were talking to, tokufaggot.
>>
>>15868343
/a/ and /m/ have different kinds of shitposting but /m/ has the kind that if enough people don't like something, they can shitpost endlessly about it and ruin the thread and it works because the board is slow
>>
HOW DOES ASKING WHEN A SHOW AIRS TURN THIS INTO A META THREAD

ARE YOU SO BORED WITH YOUR UNINTERESTING LIVES THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN ANSWER A QUESTION AS SIMPLE AS "WHEN DOES THIS SHOW AIR"

BOTH BOARDS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE POSTING THE SAME SHIT

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ONE HAS MORE POSTERS DUE TO BEING BASED ON AN ENTIRE MEDIUM INSTEAD OF A NICHE GENRE OF SAID MEDIUM

MAYBE IF YOU SPENT MORE TIME ACTUALLY WATCHING THE SHOWS IN THE GENRE YOU ALL CLAIM TO LOVE INSTEAD OF IDLY SHITPOSTING ONE ANOTHER I WOULDN'T HAVE TO PLAY INTERNET DAD AND SCOLD YOU PEOPLE FOR TAKING THE QUESTION

WHEN DOES A SHOW AIR

AND TURN IT INTO AN EXCUSE TO ARGUE ABOUT WHICH ONE OF YOU HAS THE BETTER OPINION RECEPTACLE

But seriously, when is this show airing?
>>
Consider me looking forward to this. Trigger and A1 are guaranteed to at least make this look good and unique, which is more than can be said about 90% of recent mecha shows. Stuff like Kiznaiver might have been shit, but at least it had incredible visuals.
>>
>>15868366
no official date yet old man, /a/nons are thinking it's going to be winter 2018
>>
>>15868368
Well, that's good to know. Thanks for answering my simple question.

Make sure you provide me with lots of interesting threads as it airs.

Or I'll kill you all, you bastards.
>>
>>15868373
you know they're all going to be shitposting old man
>>
>>15868380
I find it interesting that Triggers draws so much ire.

I have to admit that I was guilty of it at one point, but as I continued to consume more and more media, I've come to appreciate what it is they do.

As I stand atop the hill that defines me as being the Lord Emperor King Sultan of All Anime, I look down at all the lowly mortals and wonder just what is they strive for.

Perhaps we'll never understand, Anonymous, but at the very least we can look forward to a show with cute girls and cute robot-girls.
>>
>>15868402
>I find it interesting that Triggers draws so much ire.
It's because of TTGL and how it literally triggers people. Not much else.

That said, Trigger has one show I liked (Luluco) and one show that I thought was okay (KLK). The rest of their track record isn't particularly great.
>>
>>15868413
I enjoyed Luluco, Kill La Kill, and Little Witch Academy.

Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer weren't really my thing.

I heard Kiznaiver wasn't that great, but I haven't seen it and I don't really wanna get pulled into the "he said she said" of anime opinions.
>>
>>15868402
Here's my take on Trigger: most of their shows are only worth watching for the animation and Yoh Yoshinari's design work.
>>
>>15868418
Kiznaiver's problem isn't even because of Trigger, but because of Mari Okada (who isn't associated with any Trigger or any single studio)
>>
>>15868402

Well, there's a magic of the words for you, old man, something is named Trigger and bam there are a lot of triggered people. Something's named Eternity and it's in development limbo for eternity.
>>
>>15868431
I like their characters.

Yoh Yoshinari I'm not 100% on, either. There are some times when he'll pull out something amazing, but he's had just as many misses as he has hits, in my opinion.

>>15868452
Like I said, I haven't seen it.

My only real experience with Mari Okada is in the form of Lupin III: Miine Fujiko, which I enjoyed greatly.

I didn't get very far with Gundam IBO or M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane, so I can't really comment on the writing of shows she has worked on.

It's also very difficult for me to justify commenting on the writer's work on any show, because a lot of things can happen from when the script is written to the episode airing that could completely change up the writer's contribution and completely remove it from the final series.

There are a lot of examples of people working on series composition, or on individual episodes, only for them to find out on the air date that what they wrote didn't end up in the series in any shape or form.
>>
>>15868470
She had almost no input on IBO.
>>
>>15868470
Stop being reasonable, ojii-san.
>>
>>15868500
A lot of writers don't get to have input on their shows, which ties into my earlier comment about justifying commenting on the writer's work for any given show.

Series Composition, as far as I know, is the only position you can be in to get even a little involved with a production. Even then, you could be in charge of that and never meet the rest of the show's creative staff.

Being a writer, in any visual medium, is a rough position to be in because a lot of the times you don't really get to make any calls. You just create a base screenplay for everyone else to work off of. You have next to zero control over what actually ends up being on air.

the few exceptions to this come in the form of a director also being in charge of the script, but that doesn't happen too often outside of a few well known examples.

>>15868542
I'm making a lot of serious posts today, and I'm not sure why.

You guys are having a negative effect on me if I'm taking thins seriously instead of arbitrarily shitposting all the time.
>>
>>15868594
>I'm making a lot of serious posts today, and I'm not sure why.
You should be like this all the time
>>
>>15868156
Shit-tier plebe robot for all the normalfags who can't love anything that doesn't look like a human girl with shit glued on
>>
>>15868640
this/10
>>
>>15868640
OST is already more uplifting and "hype" than 95% of the tracks you find in Gundam, though. And we only have 30seconds of some background song. This is gonna be good, BELIEVE IT.
>>
>>15868741
>falling for the Sawano meme

You poor fool.
>>
>>15868741
And it's back to Gurren Lagann with you hypefaggotron
>>
>>15868159
>Boy&Girl pairs instead of Girl&Girl with yuri and muh onesama
It's gonna be shit
>>
>>15868789
Yuri sucks
>>
>>15868802
no, you suck
>>
>>15868339
>do I fit in guise?!?
>>
I actually thought the comparisons to Tauburn were fairly unjust, but I was under impression the mecha had a much different color scheme... it really is Tauburn colors... the comparisons are inevitable at this point.
>>
>>15868183
Well the important part is this things works just like one with the Fatimas.
>>
>>15868159
>Hey guys, check out this bloated cast we have prepared!
Getting aquarion evol vibes.
>>
Are broad shoulders not seen as masculine to Japanese designers?
>>
>>15868594
Well two exceptions I know are Nakashima and Gatoh. Both are hands-on throughout the project and oversee different aspects. Urobuchi supposedly does this too but I don't know to what extent.
>>
>>15868761
That's a phrase from fucking Naruto you dumb shit.
>>
File: img_5.jpg (195KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
img_5.jpg
195KB, 600x800px
>>15868949
It looks like that because the designer is an unoriginal hack.
>>
>>15869080
In some cases, the writers are also part of the production committee behind the title being developed.

Like I'm 90% sure Shoji Gatoh is a central member of FMP's production committee.

I'm not too sure about Nakashima.

Same goes for Urobuchi, I think he was part of the production committees of a few show, but, for example, he was just another writer tacked on to Aldnoah Zero.
>>
>>15869094
Except you can still see Koyama's style in the designs, it's obvious that he's taking a huge inspiration from Nagano's MHs but they're not the same
>>
>>15869094
>>15869166
Yeah really, Koyama's self-rehashing here is far more a cause for concern than any inspiration from Nagano.
>>
>>15868156
>trigger
watching this
>>
>>15868159
The best kind
>>
File: supreme gentleman.jpg (107KB, 474x804px) Image search: [Google]
supreme gentleman.jpg
107KB, 474x804px
>>15868156
Wearing gigantic pauldrons to conceal her hideous stick soldiers that are twice as long as her torso.

What a disgusting fake slut. I want to forcefuck her pig throat and rape her bitch cockpit into my personal cum toilet. Fucking whore.
>>
File: 12201172.jpg (328KB, 650x421px) Image search: [Google]
12201172.jpg
328KB, 650x421px
>>15868218
>Meh, not much. Main pair name's 016/Hiro and 002/Zero Two, some japanese text, and next week pair.
That sounds like Player 1 and Player 2 of a Darius game.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.