[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please explain this thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: Msz-010.jpg (3MB, 2827x3971px) Image search: [Google]
Msz-010.jpg
3MB, 2827x3971px
The Zeta is a single-pilot plane that turns into a single-pilot mech. That makes sense. The Double Zeta is...three single-pilot planes, that combine into a single-pilot mech while the other two pilots fuck off somewhere. Why? What benefit could this overly complicated and manpower-intensive system possibly provide?
>>
>What benefit could this overly complicated and manpower-intensive system possibly provide?
Model sales
>>
>>15859766
Well,none. The only saving grace that the ZZ has is that it literally has the same firepower as a small battleship.
>>
>>15859766
It provides money for Sunrise to keep printing model kits and therefore make more anime

And remember, this was before Love Live, so Gundam was more or less their rock.
>>
>>15859766
Better yet, what's the point of those tiny shields?
>>
>>15859795
to defend from tiny things
>>
>>15859766
ZZ was a test for a few systems, which is also how it has a fucking ridiculous energy output. Most things that make no sense on it can be filed under that label. And overall, ZZ was something of a failure - though the line developed somewhat, there's a reason there were eight billion attempts to mass produce the Zeta and only like one to do ZZ.

>>15859795
Aren't they coated with that anti-beam coating stuff?
>>
File: IMG_6039.jpg (24KB, 467x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6039.jpg
24KB, 467x315px
Geez I don't know
>>
File: s-core3.gif (63KB, 556x526px) Image search: [Google]
s-core3.gif
63KB, 556x526px
S Gundam did the whole multiple cockpits combining MS thing the best. all 3 sections have their own separate cockpits to operate independently and are physically attached together in MS mode and can be ejected as one single escape pod capable of atmospheric reentry on its own.
>>
I also have a question. How Gundams such as ZZ, V1, V2 can transform their typical modern plane cockpits into 360 sphere-like cockpit?
>>
>>15859795
Wings for the transformed mode.
>>
File: bad writing.jpg (70KB, 988x710px) Image search: [Google]
bad writing.jpg
70KB, 988x710px
>>15859832
>>
File: rms-108.jpg (57KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rms-108.jpg
57KB, 400x400px
>>15859795
Folding shields were fashionable back then.
>>
Because ZZ was the first sign that Tomino was starting decent into madness
>>
>>15859826
That actually makes sense though. ZZ has one pilot sit in the fucking gun.
>>
>>15859832
There's a diagram floating around showing how the cockpit either A) moves the seat into a separate chamber or B) isn't actually spherical on the inside and is instead a group of screens arranged all around the seat, providing the 360ยบ view and being uninterrupted to the pilot whilst still not being an actual literal sphere.
>>
>>15859832
ZZ's looks like the seat tilts backwards into a slightly larger compartment, as Puru can be seen sitting beside the pilot chair in the scene before this shot, and the front window probably transitions into a VR display like the rest of the cockpit.
>>
File: not so smart now.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
not so smart now.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>always imagine the ZZ to be significantly taller than the Zeta
>it's actually about the same height
With all the GATTAI and HENSHIN flying about I figured it was 50% taller than the Zeta.
>>
>>15859771
it has more firepower than a fucking magellan man

the ZZ is fucking madness tier firepower output by most standards
>>
>>15859766
The ZZ just an awful mess of wierd ideas. {spoiler]just like the show[/spoiler]
>>
>>15859766
It's actually worse than that.
ZZ is only two planes, one of which has a core fighter. The third plane is just Judau's core fighter, and when they combine to ZZ, he just switches places with the other core fighter.
>>
>>15859993
That cockpit in the gun is optional and only for emergency, I remember reading that in model kit manual. The Core Top is supposed to be controlled by a Core Fighter inside it.
>>15860190
Think of the Core Fighters in each parts as detachable control unit for their respective part. So both parts and one free Core Fighter can act independently, making three-unit team (even if Core Fighter on its own is pretty useless).
>>
File: SSMS-010 Seigfried.jpg (126KB, 728x1128px) Image search: [Google]
SSMS-010 Seigfried.jpg
126KB, 728x1128px
>>15860020
>ZZ to be significantly taller than the Zeta
the ZZ Seigfried is pretty tall compared to other MS
>>
>>15859766

Dude, to understand Gundam ZZ you have to view it as the 1984 Ferrari Testarossa of the UC timeline. An exceptional Gundam for an exceptional era. The Zeta is shit compared to ZZ. You take the ZZ when you want to impress the ladies. It's basically how Judau manages to score with Roux.
>>
>>15859766
Because it's cool, you fun hating homo.
>>
>>15859816
zing
>>
>>15859766
Basically what >>15859816 pointed out, some engineers on Anahaeim Elecronics were smoking some weird shit and went:
>"Dude, do you know the Gundam?"
>"Yeah"
>"What if we made a Gundam, but instead of legs and the torso, it was made out of airplanes?"
>"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!"
And so the ZZ was born.
>>
File: FullarmorZZ.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FullarmorZZ.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>15860072
Don't forget about the full armor mode, because its needs to be even more fuckhuge and ridiculous.
>>
>>15860351
Judeau scored with literally anyone, I don't think he even needs a M&S for that
>>
>>15864170
This is my fucking jam.
>>
So this is the W Zeta
>>
File: 1254967026553.png (709KB, 628x768px) Image search: [Google]
1254967026553.png
709KB, 628x768px
>>15859832
the V and V2 cockpits are like drawers, the canopy retracts into the chest, underneath that white thing is all of the screens for the cockpit while there arnt any screens underneath it like a traditional panoramic cockpit. they were actually pretty consistent in animating this in the show, it contrasted with the other MS with regular cockpits for the time.
>>
>>15864170
>The far superior full armor mode is gonna be a p-bandai exclusive after the ver ka gets released. .

Life is not fair.
>>
_Test:00000000002_The solution to the problem will be found in this discussion.
>>
>>15864170
The FA ZZ actually isn't all that ridiculous.

The belly cannon? Not a cannon at all, never listed as an armament anywhere except the Gundam Battle Master games which were straight up AU mixed universe with all original characters. In the show it's used once, as an evasive thruster... Besides that it carries some missiles and the armor is just a vehicle for heavy duty anti-beam coating that can deflect a shower of beams for 5 seconds straight before wearing off as mentioned in the show.

The backpack I suppose is an improvement to offset the weight. Also, in the show there is no enhanced ZZ gundam with new shoulders and backpack. It's part of the FA package and for the final battle against the Qubeley the FA ZZ Gundam is reverted to the vanilla ZZ Gundam with old shoulders and old smaller backpack. Despite its look it's a very mild "upgrade" and more like temporary equipment more akin to the Flying Armor or one of the Strike's packs. And of course it barely gets any screen time. I know people think it's something special but it's practically just tossed in for a few episodes and isn't significant at all.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.