[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSG Thunderbolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16

File: LDD VS MOORECHAD 2.png (284KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LDD VS MOORECHAD 2.png
284KB, 2518x1024px
Thunderbolt thread?

Let's kick off with a simple strawpoll.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13889664

Discuss the animo/mango here.

Acguy a cute
>>
Bianca > Claudia = Karla > Ball pilot

F
>>
>>15855036
It should be "The Virgin Dead Division"
>>
I'm surprised the poll's 50/50. Zakus are cool and all, but I'd rather keep my limbs.
>>
>>15855122

I'm sure it's without dismembered limbs in this case otherwise no one would choose the zook
>>
>>15855036
I'd rather pilot something that doesn't require me to hack my limbs off

Also Volume 10 scans when?
>>
I always thought the crippled guy was such a write-off. The real arch enemy of the thunderbolt should've been a sassy black girl that listens to disco the way the guy listens to jazz. imagine the bantz.
>>
When will there be a Thunderbolt Gundam?
I need to finish second season, slipped my mind halfway through it.
>>
>>15855201
>Io: lol black girl pilot not into dark chocolate bye
>>
>>15855316
Io's final gundam is probably going to be called that

He already complained the Atlas has not enough firepower and the story will return to space. Probably an upgraded FA Gundam
>>
>>15855316
There already was a Thunderbolt Gundam. The one Io crashed in part 1 was a Full Armor Gundam especially adapted for the Thunderbolt Sector.
>>
>>15855441
>Io complains that the Atlas doesn't have enough fire power
>It has a fucking rail gun
If the Atlas has a problem is that its made of glass, it breaks so easily and the limbs look like twigs

>Io's final MS will be an upgraded GM Kai
>>
>>15855122
>Not cutting off your limbs to pilot a really cool robot.
>>
File: XCOM_EW_MEC_Minigun&KSM1.png (1MB, 1064x846px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM_EW_MEC_Minigun&KSM1.png
1MB, 1064x846px
>>15855530
Vigilo Confido, Brother
>>
>>15855441
FA Atlas more like
I bet Billy will link up with the space Zeons and get his old full armor gundam spliced with zaku parts
>>
File: LDD VS MOORECHAD 3.png (284KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LDD VS MOORECHAD 3.png
284KB, 2518x1024px
>>15855062
>>
>>15855546
Shame they didn't come back for 2, though I can see why they really couldn't in-story.
>>
Link for the raws of the latest volume please
>>
>>15856221
it lacks:
>virgin: so confused and insecure he betrays his own people
>chad: so alpha he doesn't even care who or why he's fighting, just loves to kill
>>
File: hg-atlas-gundam-thunderbolt (4).jpg (174KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hg-atlas-gundam-thunderbolt (4).jpg
174KB, 1024x1024px
Is it me or has the Atlas really not lived up to his underwater role? it seems more tacticlol than previous gundams.

The intended design doesn't make any sense... even in a fictional world.
Literally a bobsled with a sniper rifle.

I expect mass produced zeon aqua suits to perform better.

And like being said before, it's a glass cannon, which is ill suited for the tough environment of an (icy) ocean.

It got fucked up so hard it needed 2 eps of repairs.
>>
>>15857944
the Atlas is not a true Aquatic MS, it's an Atmospheric MS with limited Amphibious Capabilities.
>>
>>15855192
>Volume 10

>Daryl joins the buddhist murder cult
Okay

>Cornelius was the fucking buddhist murder cult spy all along

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
>>
>>15855441
They covered that in vol 10. He just gets three wingmen carrying weapons for him.
>>
>>15858374
I really don't understand the train of thought behind the LD Divisions guys following Daryl into treason.

They considered him a hero due to the sacrifices he made for Zeon. And him beating the Gundam. There is no real redeeming quality he had beyond that, so it's really difficult to find the reason for why they would happily support him in a mutiny against their own cause. And the only one not getting in seems to have been the Newtype guy? He seemed the least invested in the cause and more out for personal glory.
>>
>>15858416
They care more about the people they serve with rather than the actual ideals of Zeon. That old wartime cliche about fighting for the guy next to you.

Also their alternative to helping Daryl is getting executed by monks or becoming stranded at sea.
>>
>>15858477
>Also their alternative to helping Daryl is getting executed by monks or becoming stranded at sea.
they could have always surrendered to regular Fed forces. Or you know, stay with the other remnants of Zeon on earth? That sub base wasn't their last outpost. You have Zeon territories left all over the world, and Subs operating as late as 83, more than 2 years after the events of thunderbolt.

And I've never heard of any war pals killing thousands of their comrades because one of their own would like to go rogue.
>>
they should have left it at the first season. everything after A Baoa Qu just ruined the message and feeling of the first part. It serves absolutely no purpose and only destroys the characters and their arcs.
>>
>>15858374
>Cornelius was the fucking buddhist murder cult spy all along
Really? That sounds pretty goofy.
>>
File: image013.jpg (325KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image013.jpg
325KB, 850x1200px
>>15858574
Have you actually read the raws at all? They were captured the moment Daryl stages his coup. Also some of the LDD pilots were already in on it
>>
>>15858858
It's not surprising that he's disillusioned with Federation and the war in general after that beam saber incident when he tried to get everyone to lay down their arms. He doesn't fight for the federation, he just wants to help his friends from Moore, specifically Io and Claudia.

He was probably contacted by Claudia sometime after the war to act as a spy for her and the SSA.
>>
File: based.jpg (46KB, 720x476px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
46KB, 720x476px
>>15855036
>Moore Chadhood

You're alright
>>
File: angry carrotman.gif (303KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
angry carrotman.gif
303KB, 500x375px
>>15858909
>AKG-36s

zeon has gone too far
>>
>>15858374
Honestly, The SSA doesn't come across as any worse than the federation and Zeon to me, granted I can't read japanese so the raws just come across as pretty pictures.
>>15858416
While it hasn't been forshadowed with the LDD, several soldiers have stated their dislike of Zeon's leadership, fact it they have absolutely nothing to lose by jumping ship to the SSA. Plus Daryl Jumping ship is believable due to them A) Amputating his arms without permission, and B) not so subtley threatening Karla.
>>
>expect Daryl's upgrade to be something cool like a Kaempfer or Ground Gelgoog or even something original or obscure like the Dolmel
>nope it's just ground Zaku with more verniers

Daryl is gonna need some beam weapons to make up for a shitty upgrade against the Atlas
>>
>>15858909
Curious, where can I find the Vol.10 raws? I've looked but no dice so far.
>>
>>15859629
The Dolmel is out there since so few units were ever made, That said, using a zaku as the base is idiotic since it's such a shit unit, hell a Dom or Gouf would have been better.
>>
File: the chad stride.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
the chad stride.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>15855036
Kou and Gato version when
>>
>>15858909
I meant like how about not staging a
coup to begin with.

And no, I didn't get to see all the raws yet, they are being mentioned a lot bit aren't readily available anywhere that I can tell.
>>
>>15859612
>Amputating his arms without permission
one arm, and he seemed okay with it. He lost the first one earlier.
>>
>>15859817
Gato as virgin obviously
>>
>>15858909
>you'll never have a militarily assigned Zeon waifu
Daryl and the living Virgin Division are just made because they can't get any
>>
File: confusion.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>15859969
>Kou 'so desperate for pussy he'd forgive a woman for shooting him' Uraki
>A Chad
>>
File: GkFE22y.png (755KB, 1522x643px) Image search: [Google]
GkFE22y.png
755KB, 1522x643px
>>15860107
Uraki
>pilots ground optimized Gundam in space and survives
>Pilots the best (and only?) feddie MA
>Stabs Cima bitch with a huge cannon
>Wins over enemies with tons of experience advantage
>Survives operation Stardust
>Gets court martialed and then gets away free

Gato
>Muh Gihren
>Muh Glory of Zeon
>Listens to faggot Delaz
>Has to steal Gundam because deep down he knows Zeon can't make half decent MS
>In final battle flies cute green angel
>Dies

It's pretty clear
>>
File: IMG_1108.jpg (165KB, 682x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1108.jpg
165KB, 682x461px
>>15855036
so, how big was the Zeon SEA base? The map shows plenty of territory left.
>>
>>15860130
>21st century national borders
just noticed this, what a hack
>>
File: Gaia vs Dolmel.jpg (249KB, 1104x735px) Image search: [Google]
Gaia vs Dolmel.jpg
249KB, 1104x735px
>/m/ being so unoriginal, they have to steal stuff from /r9k/.
I'm not mad, just disappointed in you. Again.

>>15858574
Surrendering to the Feds would mean probably sentences to hard labor or a prison camp for the rest of your life. Also, the Monks did let the Zeon officers who weren't on board with being brainwashed into their cult 'free' and when I say free, I mean stranded in lifeboats with no weapons to protect themselves.

As for getting in touch with other Zeon groups after the Dolos went down. That would be a logistical nightmare since you have to know exactly where they are and contact them (The Dolos wasn't exactly on a spot of the map you'd find.) And then be able to reach it would be a major task in of itself. But we'll see if the author even brings them back or if Zeon has been written out of the series.

>>15859629
>Dolmel
That would have been a good nod.
>>
File: GHF2.jpg (294KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GHF2.jpg
294KB, 847x1200px
What happens when you add a gundam head to a GM?
>>
File: 22964.jpg (262KB, 808x745px) Image search: [Google]
22964.jpg
262KB, 808x745px
>>15860248
>>
>>15859612
>A) Amputating his arms without permission
One arm, he gave his permission for it, he's happy as fuck about it because right now all he fucking cares is about getting into the Psyco Zaku to fight Io again, and Karla's the one who did it.

>threatening Karla
Never happened.

Did you even read the fucking manga? He joins the SSA because Zeon is doing a fantastic job at treating Karla's retardedness so much that she's recovering, and he thinks that if she recovers they'll make her work on the Psyco Zaku again and he's all WAHHH I DUN WAN MY GURL TO FITE IN WARS CUZ WARS IS BADS.
>>
>>15860467
DID you read the fucking manga? Karla hated using her research for war, the ONLY reason she was working for Zeon's military was so that they would release her political activist father.
Which considering the Duxhy of Zeon only still exists in the mind of a bunch of sore losers, has probably been done.
>>
File: realistic penguins.jpg (283KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
realistic penguins.jpg
283KB, 847x1200px
Are these also zeon remnants?
>>
>>15859629
I liked the Psycho Zaku.
>>
>>15860485
no shit retard I never said otherwise
>>
>>15855036
>NOT CHAD THUNDERBOLT
OP, you're a faggot
>>
>>15859694
I haven't seen Vol 10 raws yet, these are the Big Comic Superior magazine raws
>>
>>15864970
10 only goes up to the Cornelius reveal.
>>
>>15864782

Too predictable
>>
>>15860116
Uraki
>tanned and relaxed from mission assignment to Australia
>has never even seen a space-use MS in his entire life
>easily gains friends, respect of fellow pilots, and female attraction
>often avoids jail sentences, entire years of his existence are a mystery
>glossy black hair naturally catches early 90s shading techniques

Gato
>has to steal federation MS because Delaz won't give him any more
>chooses MS with the largest shield, is naturally defensive and avoidant
>hair has gone white from stress living in hiding, can't settle on a haircut so pulls it back into a ponytail
>final MS is Neue Ziel, named for islands too insignificant to drop a colony on
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.