[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know im late, but i just finished Muvluv Alternative a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

I know im late, but i just finished Muvluv Alternative a few days ago...
Man i was not ready for that at all, i don't know if i will ever experience something like that ever again in my life. The highs were so amazing and the lows were so soul breakingly sad. It felt like that whole trilogy just accelerates faster and faster and that final 35 hour stretch is like nothing ive ever seen, played, heard or read before. Not only was this the most emotionally shaking thing ive seen since i was like 12 a decade ago, but i cried tears for two days straight.
Muvluv is legitimately an artistic odyssey.
>>
File: Susanoo_Total.png (2MB, 1024x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Susanoo_Total.png
2MB, 1024x1074px
>>15853601
also to cut to the chase ahead of time this is the best waifu
>>
>>15853601
I know that feel /m/an. I played the translation patch a while ago and wanted to re-play it on steam, but I wasn't expecting to be even more emotionally affected the second time around. When Takeru returned to his world for the second time I almost broke down entirely. And fucking Code 991 scared the hell out of me even though I knew what was coming...
>>
File: WAKEMEUP.jpg (65KB, 1080x602px) Image search: [Google]
WAKEMEUP.jpg
65KB, 1080x602px
>>15853601
Welcome to the PTSD club
>>
File: hey chotto mate.png (720KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
hey chotto mate.png
720KB, 800x592px
>>15853601
also all the people who shit on Extra, are retarded. You NEED that build up, that weird surreal lighthearted romcom that lets you settle in with the characters as they start to grow on you. ALSO HOLY SHIT FORESHADOWING MUCH

-Lacrosse Arc where everyone talks about positions hmmm i wonder what that relates too

-Time shenanigans with Professor insane namely the shoe and marker on his hand

-blow up Sadogashima is on the fucking physics test
>>
>>15853635
Also
>Takemikazuchi in the title screen
>the Mitsurugis razing everything around their house like a BETA hive
>>
>>15853635
Yeah. Unlimited and Alternative really don't have the same impact without Extra, IMO. Getting attached to such sweet characters like Marimo in such a lighthearted, fun setting is what makes getting sent into war-torn universe so upsetting, which hammers home the important themes of the games.
>>
File: hmmmm I wonder.jpg (147KB, 799x592px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm I wonder.jpg
147KB, 799x592px
>>15853635
>>15853641
Also pic related
>>
File: 1503774968726.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503774968726.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>15853641
>Getting to twizzlers for the first time
I, i honestly wanted to throw up, Sumika and Takeru are like, hitting whole new levels of suffering, i don't think Shinji or Asuka or Amuro had it this bad.
>>
>>15853601
I'm not sure if it can be called artistic, neither do I know whether everyone would be as emotionally bonded to Alternative as you and many other fans are or were. Hell, I'm not even sure if it's going to have enough additional fans from the Steam release when it becomes publicly available in a few weeks to guarantee new localizations or even new VNs from âge at all.

Despite all of that, I just started to re-read Alternative for the first time in 5 years and I can already tell that the translation has gotten a huge improvement. That intro scene alone felt so much more immersive because of the newly recorded lines and the presentation is just as solid as it was years ago. Besides, even if it's not gonna have more fans I'm still glad that they made Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative officially available in the West. Western VN fans are living in a golden era right now with all those localizations and new additions on Steam.
>>
>>15853601
I have never played the games but I finished watching Muv Luv Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken... I have so many questions. Does the games show who the Allegiance is and what do they want?? is the MC from Schwarzenmarken the leader of the Allegiance in Total Eclipse??? Do the Chracters in total eclipse show up in the games?
>>
>>15853601
>Muvluv is legitimately an artistic odyssey
Some high quality delusion there
>>
>>15855001
>Does the games show who the Allegiance is and what do they want??
About as much as the anime
>is the MC from Schwarzenmarken the leader of the Allegiance in Total Eclipse???
Probably.
>Do the Chracters in total eclipse show up in the games?
Other than the TE VN, no.
>>
File: muvluvcat3.png (121KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
muvluvcat3.png
121KB, 599x599px
first time playing Alternative.

Got up to the Basketball hoop scene a few nights ago.

Fuck me this is some bleak shit.
>>
File: THIRTY FIVE MILES PER HOUR.png (531KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
THIRTY FIVE MILES PER HOUR.png
531KB, 800x600px
>>15855066
In an objective sense maybe not,i get that it really wont be for everyone, it takes a huge time investment, you have to roughly know what VN's are like, but in return if you understand that and proceed what awaits is a hell of a trip.

Ultimately the idea that all art exist on a single axis of good or bad is retarded in itself, every genre has qualifying elements you need to accept or enjoy in order to truly experience what it offers, well before it's masterpieces.
>>
If there is a kind anon who would be nice enough to tell me wtf this is telling me im doing wrong when i install the game. If it helps this is a pirated version of the steam game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.