[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about how underrated and good Zambot 3 is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Zambot 3.jpg (99KB, 770x472px) Image search: [Google]
Zambot 3.jpg
99KB, 770x472px
Despite the all the "Quality"
>>
>>15851347
I will in a bit. After I'm done with Ideon.
>>
It's amazing. Kanada's genius really shows in Zambot.
>>
>>15851666
Really? I suck at this whole animation thing.
Got videos or webms?
>>
>>15851686
Check these out. https://sakugabooru.com/post?tags=yoshinori_kanada+invincible_super_man_zambot_3+
>>
>>15851347
>Let's talk about how underrated and good Zambot 3 is

Zambot 3 is not underrated, people that have watched it assess it correctly. A shitty Tomino pre-Gundam, pre-Ideon, pre-Xabungle show. 26 episodes for which 13 are pure trashy comedy (the first 13), one episode that everyone remembers and the 12 final episodes that are at the antipodes compared to the first 13 that it leaves a bad taste. Angsty, "serious"-like tone can't save it. It's a pre-ZZ anime but much shittier. And not only for the quality of the animation but the main character and the story itself. If there ever comes a day when /m/ declares Zambot 3 is good it's the day /m/ ceases to exist.
>>
>>15851725
>people that have watched it assess it correctly
I assume you are not one of these people?
>>
>>15851725
So, it's similar to ZZ or L-Gaim?
>>
>>15851732
>I assume you are not one of these people?

I have the dvd edition that was published in Italy a couple of years ago (Bought it because I'm a completist even for under the radar shows). That the show is shit that is a FACT. Anyone that says otherwise is talking right of his ass and hasn't really watched the 23 episodes.
>>
>>15851736
Not in the least.
>>
>>15851736
>So, it's similar to ZZ or L-Gaim?

No, it's 1000 times worse. Think IBO made in the late 1970s. That's the level of general shittiness. Zambot 3 has cool art but the show itself is one of Tomino's worst (if not the worst ever).
>>
>>15851742
There is no objective good or bad in art. The show being shit is anything but a fact, it's just your opinion.
>>
File: Onore human bombs.png (334KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Onore human bombs.png
334KB, 640x480px
>>15851725
>>15851748
But enough about Dunbine, let's talk about Zambot 3.
>>
Zambot was a good Tomino's first "angsty" run.
A really really good anime for its time.
Though personally I'm more of Daitarn 3 guy.
>>
Good ideas
Good twist
Bad animation
Bad pacing
Zambot 3 unironically would be great if they remade it with more modern conventional approaches, but kept the spirit the same.
>>
I'd love if it got a Bluray release.

I can't stand the video quality on what we've got now.

It's a great show that's currently marred by low quality video.
>>
Zambot fails because it was running on the idea that being a super robot pilot would cause everyone to hate you and scapegoat you. But the people learn to appreciate the protagonists. At the end Killer the Butcher asks the MC what the point was when the people would not even appreciate being saved- this would have worked if the people stayed antagonistic to the Zambot crew till the end.

It was innovative and had some fairly interesting stuff in it, but thematically all its eggs were in one bag and were executed poirly. It may have been darker and more visceral than its predecessors but that does'nt translate into good execution. 6/10 imo
>>
>>15852406
>It may have been darker
Not really. Some scenes (mostly the manga) in Mazinger and Getter are pretty violent and dark already.

But it had a darker twist, that's unheard of in mecha prior to Zambot 3.
>>
>>15852406
I had the exact same problem with the ending.
>>
>>15852406
The ending was incredible, though. Once the human bomb arc started it became one of my favorites.

The central irony is that by the time the crew is finally accepted by humanity, it's too late. They don't spend a lot of time elaborating the damage outside of Japan, but i believe they mention that the entire world has been essentially smashed by the Gaizok. The idea of "too little, too late" just comes up again and again.

A great, but subtle example takes place when the Beal hands its blueprints over to the US Government for mass production. If that had happened in episode one, rather than 2/3 of the way through, there would have been mass-produced Zambots and the story would have been very different.

Another good example is Aki. By the time she comes around and accepts Kappei, it's too late - she's already a human bomb.

It's a very pessimistic series but in a way that makes it down-to-earth. It isn't cynical in a grotesque, edgy way. It's a story that, while dressed in colorful clothes, depicts a massive collective failure by people in the face of an emergency. The way it depicts people reminds me a lot of the looters during a hurricane or riot. It has its flaws, but it's remarkable for an anime from the 1970s.
>>
>>15857298
You should try Acrobunch.
No english subs though.
>>
So we can all agree that Zambot influenced J-decker's ending correct?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.