[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was having an argument and came to a disagreement about this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
Was having an argument and came to a disagreement about this, so I thought I'd ask /m/:

Do you feel that overall in Japanese mecha, there is more integrated weaponry or equipment? I'll count integrated weaponry as anything that is actually part of the robot and does not separate from it unless broken, and equipment as something that can be swapped out whether mounted or not.

I feel like equipment in general that is swapped and mounted is more prevalent and they think it's more common for it to be integrated. I wouldn't be surprised if overall it's fairly even.
>>
Integrated weapons are more of a Super Robot thing since you can just, say, pull a sword of mighty energy out of your chest or shoot missile drills out of your elbow. The other is more of a Real Robot thing.
>>
>>15851236
IMO these are nebulous terms at best.
I mean look at The Z'Gok, Gogg, or most other Zeek aquatic MS; integrated weapons everywhere. On the other hand, perhaps this is more of an exception than anything.
>>
It's about even, honestly. Even in series with one, the other tends to show up too. Mazinger Z has all of it's original weapons inbuilt, then it gets the optional Jet Scrander later on. ATs in VOTOMS use swap-out rifles as standard, but custom rigged units will have integrated cannons or missile launches strapped to the sides. Gundams have separate rifles, but also have vulcans built into their heads or chests.
The list really does go on.
>>
File: 11MBA11-Macross-Delta-VF-31S_01.jpg (43KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
11MBA11-Macross-Delta-VF-31S_01.jpg
43KB, 520x520px
>>15851200
Both in roughly equal amounts.

Perfect example is a Valkyrie. Integrated cannon on the back, separate gun in the arms.
>>
Equipment is more common because it's easier for it to be "cool" since it's a giant robot humanoid. Also in real robutt settings it makes more sense for modularity and ammo scavenging.
>>
>>15851200
There's tons of Japanese designs with integrated weaponry across the entire history of it in many different styles and tones.

Generally I'd say it tends to be grunt robots/enemy machines that have them, but it's all over the place.
>>
File: MAW-DLC-POWER.jpg (45KB, 308x177px) Image search: [Google]
MAW-DLC-POWER.jpg
45KB, 308x177px
>>15851236

I find this weird because pic related was the first integrated weapon that came to mind.
>>
>>15851200
Most Gundams don't really have any integrated weapons except for vulcans and melee weapons. The lucky ones usually have rockets or missiles. Some Gundams don't even have vulcans.
>>
>>15851200
Robots after Gundam definetely seem to prefer using equipped guns, whereas the 70sbots would be mostly integrated weaponry with an ocassional sword or something.
>>
File: zgmf-x42s.jpg (55KB, 248x400px) Image search: [Google]
zgmf-x42s.jpg
55KB, 248x400px
>>15851200
Integrated weapons are good since you could still use those even if your mech loses it's arms.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.