[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gihren ver. FXH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>I'm not about to kill 80,000,000 innocent people! Do you think I'm out of my fucking mind? We bluffed, they called it. The mission is over.

how much of UC history would've changed if operation british never happened (colony only occupied, threatened to be dropped, little to no civilians killed) that and Gihren wasn't nuts?
>>
>>15848351

Settled into an armistice, at the very least? Hopefully a peace treaty some years later, and overall across the years the status quo doesn't really change. There will be tensions, but there won't be people shooting each other's space glass-metal tube houses.

I mean, using a colony to bluff instead of jacking a resource asteroid for the task is still somewhere near to the line of "unhinged", but nothing can top actually dropping it. And then trying to drop some more.

And on the bright side for some on /m/, not only was it sleeping gas, they also had Cima's unit evacuate all the civilians, and they were resettled into the colony with Zeonic assistance and full repatriation afterwards! Rainbow after the storm and all that dazzle.

At this point one wonders why Zeon even tried such a bluff in the first place. Rather than British being a bluff, a what-if question featuring reasonable Gihren would be a better question.
>>
>>15848373
>a what-if question featuring reasonable Gihren would be a better question.
Degwin successfully negotiates a peace with Revil, A Baoa Qu averted?
>>
>>15848373
>Son, your recent actions have been rather extreme lately. Hitler extreme, even.
>Oh shit, really? That's not good, Maybe I should step down from my position.
>As long as you're happy, son.

Then Gihren goes to therapy, Degwin signs that peace treaty, and then it's a cold war for the rest of fucking forever.
>>
File: psycho feddie mk. 2.jpg (83KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
psycho feddie mk. 2.jpg
83KB, 375x500px
>>15848381
>>15848380

On the minus side, we only get to see 1/10 of all the MS designs that were to have existed.

Actually, that still seems like a pretty significant number of them.
>>
File: pow pow pow.gif (484KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pow pow pow.gif
484KB, 500x375px
>>15848386
We still get Zaku I and II though, so it's all good
>>
>>15848381
>>15848386

didn't the cold war made the superpowers crank up units to counter the other side's new stuff?

like how this gave us the F-22 and F-35 (eventually) due to the soviets and the US keep trying to one up each other.
>>
File: Rensouhou-sha.jpg (350KB, 1459x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Rensouhou-sha.jpg
350KB, 1459x1092px
>>15848645

Yeah, but the rate of introduction shouldn't be comparable to the absolute deluge of new bings and bitz when WWII was still active.

Prior to F91, every few years in UC the MS catalogue of the Federation pretty much doubles itself, same goes if you collate their adversaries into just "the enemy(ies)'".

Of course, that's not to say that technology advancement slows to a crawl. Most of the MS designs that would vanish from existence in a cold war/reasonable Gihren-type of UC would be the variants of the base model/the MSVs. Eg. the Federation might not have developed variants such as the GM Custom/Sniper/etc., or the advent of miniaturized MSes would be much later because less overturn in strategies, tactics, etc.

Project V would probably still be on but they might not have built as many RX-78 units but only to respond to Zeon's saber-rattling with their new Zakus; the GM might not even have been deployed before 0080 because there might have been no Loum, or an equivalent, to decisively prove that the EFSF's fleet theory was obsolete. Of course, this can still be overturned, but I doubt both sides would be as willing to commit to slaughter of Loum's scale if the incentive for it isn't there.

In fact, reversing British, or clearing the EFSF garrison out at a single Side without an ulterior motive, might put Zeon in a better light with the other Spacenoids; any possible subsequent unrest in the other Sides would force the EFSF to spread its fleet out against Zeonic intervention on the side of the colonists, preventing a decisive advance on Side 3. Possible endings have the Federation extend a hand to Zeon to save their own reputation and show that they are willing to treat with Spacenoids as an equal, or Zeon eventually wins the Spacenoids over legitimately through liberation and intervention against Federation political oppression, and Frontal's plan comes to pass with fairer terms on both ends and much less bloodshed spilled in the prior years.
>>
File: 151027-F-DW547-008.jpg (853KB, 5200x1808px) Image search: [Google]
151027-F-DW547-008.jpg
853KB, 5200x1808px
>>15848645
Any XB-70 post is a good post.
>>
>>15848730
true (fewer units would be made).

man, that scenario sounds more simpler but more manageable that having what we have now (more and more gundams keep popping up with each new OYW installment).

so going with the reasonable gihren scenario, how would that make char's revenge much harder to do? garma still dies but it would be harder to off the zabis if they're all in the same page.
>>
File: kidou ji-chan yoshiyuki z.jpg (94KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
kidou ji-chan yoshiyuki z.jpg
94KB, 600x650px
>>15848894
I've not played Gihren's Greed myself, but from what I've seen and heard of it, reasonable Gihren/Zeon would be like trying to achieve a diplomacy end in other, similar games.
>>
>>15848351
to be fair, Kycylla was much crazier and did much more for zeon defeat than Gihren
>>
>>15848351
>>I'm not about to kill 80,000,000 innocent people! Do you think I'm out of my fucking mind? We bluffed, they called it. The mission is over.
>really?!
>HAHAHAHA no, I was just kidding, i can't believe you idiots fell for that, oh god... come on drop that colony already, I have to go club some baby seals
>>
>>15848381
>Intergalactic Man of Mystery Kai Shiden prevents the Space Cold War from getting too hot under the codename Double The O Guncannon,
>serving directly under the redoubtable Admiral Revill and his lovely secretary Miss Matilda Ajan, with gadgets provided by his old war buddy Amuro Ray
>Working for MI6's Jaburo division of Universal Exports, he clashes with the operatives of millionaire madman Jamitov Hymen's T.I.T.A.N.S and his attack dog Paptimus Scirocco on their secret volcano lair on Jupiter
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.