[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BattleTech/MechWarrior Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 12

File: Night_Wolf.jpg (209KB, 553x514px) Image search: [Google]
Night_Wolf.jpg
209KB, 553x514px
Post some good mechs in here. I'll start with some of my personal favs. (also lawsuit discussion is cool here)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: convoy_by_flyingdebris-d2ysdh5.jpg (681KB, 900x992px) Image search: [Google]
convoy_by_flyingdebris-d2ysdh5.jpg
681KB, 900x992px
>>15845621
The stealth Pillager is a creation of Satan himself and I love it.
>>
File: mackie.png (468KB, 1000x1104px) Image search: [Google]
mackie.png
468KB, 1000x1104px
>>
File: Baboon.jpg (20KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
Baboon.jpg
20KB, 250x273px
>>
File: Omega.jpg (343KB, 624x727px) Image search: [Google]
Omega.jpg
343KB, 624x727px
I'm personally fond of the Omegas.
>>
>>15846545
Omega's are cool and I don't care how impractical they are.
>>
File: Omega_BM.png (309KB, 620x528px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_BM.png
309KB, 620x528px
>>15846545
>>15846695
I like you.
>>
trying to get into the series in MW4:M, whats something I can put a few ACs on that isn't fuckhuge?
>>
>>15848175
I prefer the Templar with RACs, though there's the Dire Wolf and Fafner too, but they're all SH.

If I'm not misremembering, Stormcrow, Bushwacker, and Shadow can go pretty AC-heavy in the Medium mech department.

Hellbringer, Summoner, or Thanatos in the Heavy mech department can also go AC-heavy.

The Clan mechs are generally preferable though due to having omni-weapon slots, which allows for more build-flexibility. The cheapest build to cheese through the game though is just a massed Clan Med. Laser or Clan Med. Pulse Laser build with plenty of heatsinks for alpha strikes followed by endless fire-linked staggered attacks.

>Dire Wolf with nothing but Clan ER Med. Lasers and going for torso shots.
>>
>>15848666
>The cheapest build to cheese through the game
I've been getting the impression that that might actually be an Clan Ultra AC2 boat. I ignored them for ages because the tabletop versions are worthless garbage, but upon being advised to try them it turns out they have a reload time of 'pretty much immediately', so you can rain ridiculous damage ridiculously fast at ridiculous ranges with little worry about ammo, and they're easy to hit with.
>>
File: Archangel.png (60KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
Archangel.png
60KB, 800x588px
>>15848795
Fair enough. I just dropped cannon weapons outside of just-for-fun builds since the tonnage spent on ammo for a total "eliminate EVERYTHING unfriendly on the map" could instead go towards engine upgrades (lol high-speed Dire Wolf/Atlas) or more armor/accessories, as well as towards the few fixed weapon hardpoints (usually missile hardpoints, so CLRMs or CSSRMs take up residence).

CER PPCs were also fun; though every Alpha Strike build tended to shutdown the machine even with maxed out heatsinks (as many as possible on a Nova Cat or Supernova). CER LLs were mostly useless the entire game though.

Missile boats were fun too, but I found myself running out of ammo halfway through a mission even if strictly taking out only mission objectives.

I should considering downloading and playing the game again; there's been more mechs added since I last played. I wonder if they're usable/obtainable in campaign mode. Now if only the Manei Dominei mechs, the Sagittaire, and the Omegas were added to the game.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.