[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orguss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: book_cover.png (3MB, 1000x1244px) Image search: [Google]
book_cover.png
3MB, 1000x1244px
I am 12 episodes in and I dont get it. Why the hell is this so muss less popular than Macross? Some people claim that it looks worse, but after having watched more than a third of it I reached the conclusion that this is an absolutely delusional assessment. It basically looks the same, in a lot of cases even more detailed and with higher fluidity. Is it the pedo bait in form of Mome or does the story take a complete nosedive later on? Someone please enlighten me.
>>
>>15845237
It's just a shit show
>>
The ending isn't as good. Also, Japan loves their idol crap.
>>
Because it wasn't released in the west combined with two other 80s sci-fi anime in some bastardized western mash-up.
>>
Orguss is really good.
The only bad/bizarre part of the show is that love triangle with what-his-name guy who doesn't have any bearing on the plot and dies in the middle of the show.

I've recently found a new appreciation for the SDF Macross, but Orguss is still one of my favourite mech of that time.

People probably dislike it, because they go into the show expecting it to be about dimensions and multiverse... which it isn't at all. Cast is probably the best thing Orguss has and romance between MC and Mimsy is surprisingly decent compared to any Macross.
>>
>>15845237
Some people love it. It has a dedicated english language fan and information site, which not many contemporary shows can claim.

http://orguss.freeservers.com
>>
Ok, so after having marathoned the rest I think I started to understand where some of the hate is coming from. While character development is present, the romance sequences between ~20-28 are nothing short of annoying. They basically already confessed to each other yet for some reason Kei still acts like a jigolo and Mimzy calls him a "friend". The ending also is ambigious as hell and simply feels rushed. If they wanted to show the viewer that every version of the characters, in every single timeline and dimension is happy then they could have done that in a different way. I also really disliked the fact that the MU werent involved for the vast majority of the show. The viewer is being told that they exist, but you dont ever really see them until ~ep30.
>>
>>15848179
>There were 1787 visitors to the previous shrine location as of 7/24/99.

Space Jam has official site still up too, doesn't make it popular
>>
>>15845405
Open up, your mouth will now be my toilet. Orguss is an /m/ classic.
>>
File: eda0c6e9151e7aad.jpg (71KB, 500x788px) Image search: [Google]
eda0c6e9151e7aad.jpg
71KB, 500x788px
>>15845237
Love the weird designs in this show.
>>
WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
>>
>>15848685
Space Jam IS popular, buddy. Michael Jackson may be dead but his legacy lives on.
>>
>>15852763
The point was that the Space Jam website is not likely to be popula, you silly sod.
>>
File: drifand dal.jpg (241KB, 1200x879px) Image search: [Google]
drifand dal.jpg
241KB, 1200x879px
>>15852660
When are you coming home?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.