[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charrr!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Char-san.jpg (507KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Char-san.jpg
507KB, 800x800px
What was Char deal with Newtypes in Mobile Suit Gundam(tv) what did he want to do with them after the war and why did he feel Amuro was a Newtype that shouldn't exist? ""Another question does he not survive the explosion in the tv version I know he lives in the movies""
>>
>>15845079
>What was Char deal with Newtypes in Mobile Suit Gundam
He thought Newtypes were Space Hippies.
>what did he want to do with them after the war
He just wanted Space to be inhabited by Space Hippies.
>why did he feel Amuro was a Newtype that shouldn't exist
He was just confused.
>does he not survive the explosion in the tv version
It's left ambiguous.
>>
>>15845079
>why did he feel Amuro was a Newtype that shouldn't exist?
Because Amuro didn't want to force people to evolve overnight, he was happy to let things develop slowly
>>
Char believes newtypes should lead humanity. Also, he wants to wipe out oldtypes. Sayla literally talks about this. Amuro doesn't agree with Char and despite what he's been through Amuro believes he should just let the world be, which Char sees as a waste of his talents
>>
>>15845739
I just finished the tv series and he never mention wanting to wipe out oldtypes is that just in the movies?
>>
>>15845815
Yes. Don't interpret it literally of course.
>>
>>15845815
>I just finished the tv series and he never mention wanting to wipe out oldtypes is that just in the movies?

Char in the original show is just some guy hell bent on exacting revenge from the Zabis. That is it. All the genocial bullshit was proped by Sunrise, Tomino & Co after the tv series and film trilogy. They're the ones to have subverted Char's characters for the worst. He became a genocidal pedophile. How's that ?
>>
>>15845829
The show and the movies are not different in any substantial way.
>>15845815
You are new to the franchise and I don't know how much you know about it, but if you don't know much I want to warn you that there is a lot of a lot of general confusion about even the most trivial points of the show and its sequels so don't recommend asking /m/ for clarifications,
>>
>>15845874
I've watched up to F91 but I've only just watched the tv series, before it i had watched the movies so I was curious why he seem different in the tv version, even the conversation he has with Sayla on Texas colony is different.
>>
>>15845972
In what way does he seem different in the TV version?
>>
>>15845972
Also i found him really menacing in the movies but in the tv series he's kinder, less crazed.
>>
>>15845979
In the films if i remember right he has the notion of ruling but in the TV it's more like he want to create a place for newtypes to live peacefully.
>>
>>15845980
>in the TV series he's kinder, less crazed
Do you mean in general or only during the finale?

>>15845984
>films if i remember right he has the notion of ruling
I don't remember such part. Unless you've watched the dub in which Sayla says weirdly "You just want power" or something like this during their conversation at Texas colony. Still his intentions about Newtypes is also discussed at greater detail at this point. Their conversation in the TV version is significantly shorter.
>>
>>15846012
In the conversation with Sayla.

I did watch the dub maybe that where my confusion is coming from.
>>
>>15846120
Yeah. I actually think the dub of the movies is quite preposterous. They make a ton of shit up.
I think the tone of this scene is quite different in the original.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.