[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you pretend to like his genre of mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 8

Why do you pretend to like his genre of mecha?
>>
Friendly reminder TTGL did it better.
>>
>>15844054
That's some nice art, thanks OP.
>>
Who's pretending? It's fun.
>>
I need a better version of that pic, OP
Also the artist's name
>>
>>15844134
>Also the artist's name
It's literally signed Go Nagai on the art.
>>
>>15844054

A better question is why you think people will remember your opinion on mecha anymore than anyone else. You're sadly mistaken if you think you have anything negative to say that we haven't heard before. Although for some reason you probably think you do.
>>
>>15844054
I don't pretend.

>>15844060
It was okay.
>>
>>15844060
How ? I thought it just copied every super robot cliche out there.
>>
>>15844169
Don't question him, man, that would mean he has to bring up arguments.
>>
File: 1502394340064.jpg (113KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502394340064.jpg
113KB, 1440x1080px
>Getter Robo
>Go Nagai
>>
>>15844176
I'm also relatively certain Gloizer X was done by Ota.

I could be wrong though.
>>
It's labor day. man. take some time off and relax
>>
People pretend to like toku and super robo to seem "cultured" and like they have good taste, but really they're watching awful childrens shows fr the 70s
It's really just a posturing thing people who aren't actually into anime do, they rattle off the names of shows like these because they think it makes them special
>>
>>15844798
You literally described the Gundam fanbase
>>
>>15844803
Well that too
>>
>>15844176
>>15844211
there's some tiny text near getter's face that says
>© Nagai Go/Dynamic Planning
>© Nagai Go, Ishikawa Ken/Dynamic Planning
i don't know why ota isn't also listed
>>
>>15844807
Well, you're also assuming that people somehow watch mecha shows from the 70s here other than Gundam, and you would be wrong.

When people talk about Nagai anime, they're usually referring to one the more recent reboots or spinoffs.
>>
>tfw none of my friends are into mech
>tfw this shitty gundambabbie infested hole is the best place I have to talk about it
>>
>>15844820
Doesn't help that pretty much every Getter and Mazinger thread we have nowadays (and that's not the most often, mind you) gets derailed by shitposters and edgy contrarians.
>>
>>15844848
>Contrarian
If you mean people posting how the majority of mech shows including Getter et al are shit then they're right
>>
>>15844850
>majority
All mecha shows are shit
>>
>>15844868
%90 of mecha shows is shitty toy commercials and/or garbage about how totes cool and awesome piloting a mech would be.
However the actually good shows are around
>>
>>15844872
>However the actually good shows are around
Don't get ahead of yourself, Pedro.

Gundam, Macross, Votoms are equally trash and you know it. They are shitty toy commercials that literally no one else should watch, except manchildren like yourself.
>>
>>15844872
Giant robot cartoons are for kids. You are not special for liking one over the other. You're just a loser. Get over it.
>>
>>15844883
But anon you're projecting
Also Macross is actually a good show unlike the toy commercials the children here watch
>>
>>15844892
T. Never seen a good mech show
Its ok anon you can keep watching gundam with all the other babies
>>
>>15844054
People arent pretending to have shit take, they simply do. Look at the way most people dress. They lack a basic understanding of aesthetics. Its the same with mecha fans, superrobo autists simply have no taste and are children in more than just a single way.
>>
>>15844980
Most of this is right but >look at the eay people dress
You either unironically think fedoras are cool or you think japanese streetwear le anti social social club garbage looks good and "aesthetic"
>>
>>15844169

Oh, and you happen to know every super robot cliche out there by heart? I guess enjoying anything would be impossible with that much of a weight.
>>
>>15844054
Because we are go good at pretending to like it that we end up actually liking it
>>
>>15844054
I only watch REAL robot shows like Flag and Garasaki because I am a MATURE man with MATURE tastes
>>
>>15844893
>>15844896
>>15844872
Is it bad if I can't tell if this guy's joking or not?
>>
>>15845178
I unironically would prefer codename:v over this faggot.
>>
>>15844893
>Also Macross is actually a good show
Macross is dumb children commercial for kids who like shitty songs
>>
>>15845458
Yeah, I know right ? It's no match for your sophisticated mature taste.
I know you're shitposting and all, but don't you think your time would be better spent discussing shows that you like ? You're just wasting your time in something that you're going to regret later, believe me, I used to be a shitposter too.
>>
So if every old mech show is trash what do you consider good?
Probably not Eva, since it's hated on this board. So what? Seed? 00? A/Z? Valvrave?
2000s mech wish it could be half as good as even the worst of Tomino or Nagai.
>>
>>15845538
Judging by this thread it's
>All mecha is trash

Also judging by this thread
>/m/ doesn't watch mecha and pretends to like it

I'm not certain how this works out. And you'll notice the
>all mecha is trash
crowd never gives an example of "good" anime.

It's just a shitposting kafka trap.
>>
>>15845570
>a shitposting kafka trap.
in the dark future cyberhell your shitposts are tattooed onto your body
>>
>>15845538
Nagai is irrelevant in this discussion. He's not a director. The person responsible for Mazinger Z and other old mecha is Tomoharu Katsumata and a bunch of episode directors and writers.
>>
>>15845526
No. Macross is fucking shite, and I'm rather offended by its taste in music.
>>
>All these triggered gundambabbies
Too good
>>
>>15844054
Super robots are to mechs what poetry is to literature.
>>
>>15846607
No anon that is blatantly wrong
Super robot and gundam are to mech what a childrens book for babies is to high literature
>>
I only watch mature cartoons for mature people such as myself, like Votoms and LOTGH
>>
>>15846620
There is literally nothing wrong with watching mature anime you fucking gundambabbie
>>
>>15846620
>Votoms
>mature
No disrespect to Takahashi, but I can easily find more approachable themes in Getter Robo and Mazinger than in Votoms

Votoms is literally 52 episodes of vwiiiiiiiiii and fake symbolism.

I find it ludicrous that this is what people think is mature.
>>
>>15846664
>Getter Robo and Mazinger more mature than Votoms
>fake symbolism
I couldn't shitpost this hard if I tried
>>
>>15846675
Votoms isn't mature though. Neither are Maiznger and Getter.

Gritty=/=mature
>>
>>15846686
Gritty doesn't equal mature
But Votoms is
However considering you think gundam is good what you say doesn't matter
>>
>>15846614
Define "high literature" in /m/ terms then, I need a good laugh today
>>
>>15846697
>Thinking super robot is good
You're the only joke here anon
>>
>>15846692
>>15846706
Faggots. Stop the needless elitism.
>>
>>15846692
>>15846675
Okay. What are the themes that Votoms touched on that you thought were mature? I'm waiting.

Also, I didn't call Mazinger and Getter mature you dumb motherfucker. I said they have more approachable themes, in other words, they're more for everyone than some autistic nerd jerking off in the background to Takahashi's nationalist fantasy.

And I say this as someone who enjoyed the show a lot, but let's not pretend it has anything intellectually stimulating going on for it.
>>
>>15846706
>thinking mecha is good

You're the joke here, Pedro. No such thing as real or super. It's all dumb fictional robots for children.
>>
>>15846711
Fucking hell anon are you literally diagnosed with autism
>>
>>15846717
T. Only watched gundam so thinks the genre is bad
>>
>>15846620
I hope you're joking, and don't actually find logh mature. It's a nice Japanese space fantasy, but come on, the whole thing is terribly stupid in hindsight. The politics are naive, the characters appear to be more stupid than they were presented to be, and the space battles are just as fantastical as they are dumb.
>>
>>15846717
>le spic meme
>"haha mecha sucks what an I even doing here am I right" /v/ tier mentality
>Super and Real genres aren't a thing

The current state of /m/ is disgusting, jesus fuck.
>>
>>15846730
>This level of ignorance
So this is the power of gundambabbies
>>
>>15846723
>call people autistic
>literally thinks that votoms is "mature" because reasons
Tell me more about that autism of yours, Marc.

At least I don't go around pretending that children cartoons involving giant robots have more to say about life than actual reality.
>>
>>15846743
Good ones do anon, but you wouldn't know about a good mech show
>>
>>15846741
Gundam is just as stupid, and Tomino never held an actual job. it's not any better.
>>
>>15846746
A show can be good, doesn't mean it's mature, or intellectually stimulating. These are giant robot cartoons we're talking about here, retard.
>>
>>15846748
>Never held an actual job
>You cannot write a good show if you have never had a job
Underage go
>>
>>15846757
Correct. The life experiences you put into your art is what makes it good. All Tomino did was make giant robot cartoons all his life, and his work reflect the ignorance of the themes he tried to portray. Like many other nips, they live in their own bubble of alternate reality. It's even worse given he never held a real job.
>>
>>15844798
This is the kind of shitty /a/ opinion that infests /m/ nowadays. Yessir, all shows from the 70s are just irredeemable childrens' trash. Nevermind the fact that if it weren't for many of the 70s shows you despise, your "mature" "modern" anime would never come to exist. The hubris of you fucks is laughable; the fact that you think TV entertainment has to be high-brow proves you are the very thing you argue against.

I bet you watch retarded shit like Welcome to the NHK while jacking off to your own awesome intelligence, when in reality you're a depressed, edgy loser who thinks making bleak statements and tossing in haphazard symbolism is DEEP, BRO.

Fuck off. Entertainment is entertainment, if it looks cool and has action, it's worth watching. Life is hard enough without teenagers like you barging in with your retarded quips and snarky online anime reviews, telling us that we should be "more realistic", "smarter", and "grittier".

I'll take a colorful, action-packed, giant mechanical romp any day over your solipsistic wannabe garbage. Childrens' show or not, it'll be better than a manchildren's show peddled by the likes of you.
>>
>>15846607
What?
>>
>>15846738
>Super and Real genres aren't a thing
I know you're a shitposter, but this is actually true. The terms existed to sell toys to children and manchildren, respectively. Autismos only use them in their o b s e s s i v e need to categorize everything, when using conventional genres while recognizing that giant robots exist in the show would better suffice.
>>
File: 414999.jpg (52KB, 271x450px) Image search: [Google]
414999.jpg
52KB, 271x450px
I'm so glad this thread was made. It proves that all the autistic weebs that browse this board realize their entire hobby is stupid manchild material made to sell toys and promote the delusional childish mentality of those pussy Nips. The yellow-skinned midgets got rekt by our two atomic fists of God and created a whole subgenre of wish fulfillment giant metal men to cope with it. Only a weeb living in his mother's basement would try to join such a pathetic excuse for a hobby.

Try reading some real science fiction for a change instead of jerking off to your rainbow colored action figures.
>>
>>15844054
>Why do you pretend to like his genre of mecha?

What genre ? You do understand that there is no such thing as a real robot and super robot genre. There are only robots beating the crap out of other robots. And since Great Mazinger beats the crap out of anything like no one else does he's a fucking hero. Mazinger, Grendizer and Getter are pussies compared to the Great One.
>>
>>15846819
>real science fiction
>a book sophomores in high school read

You almost got me.
>>
>>15846819
Don't think I forgot about you, autistic nerd who thinks he's cool because he read some books about fictional pseudoscience.

The science fiction genre is just as babby as the mechs shit you shit on. How about you go do some real science instead of wasting your time with pseudo intellectual garbage written by blowhards seeking validation from other like minded pedestrian garbage heap, you sad pathetic fuck.
>>
>>15846778
This a thousand times. Man children garbage needs to be thrown out.
>>
>>15846819
You know, you're partially right. But the fact that you can type something like that only proves how intimately acquainted you are with this hobby. You are describing yourself, and roleplaying with over the top jingoism doesn't conceal that.

It also doesn't change the fact that I've read far more "real" science fiction than you have, lightweight.
>>
File: 1489734997875.jpg (57KB, 1044x784px) Image search: [Google]
1489734997875.jpg
57KB, 1044x784px
>>15846819
>Shallow nonsense
>'real science fiction'
Why don't you read some real, as in occurring, 'science' fiction?
>>
>>15846770
>The life experiences you put into your art is what makes it good.
Wrong. Stop forcing this bad meme, silly capitalist.
>muh jerbs
is the babble of an overworked child.
>>
>>15846620
LOGH is literally for children. It's the peak of /pol/shit
>>
>>15845538
>2000s mech wish it could be half as good as even the worst of Tomino or Nagai.
Nostalgiafag
>>
This thread proves what an embarrassment /m/ is
>>
>>15844054
I gotta admit I only watch/read super robot stuff for the plot. I honestly find the average tube robot to be fucking hideous.
>>
>>15846939
I honestly find boxy robots to be even more hideous.

Fuck this post-modern bs. Give me back my circles.
>>
>>15846869
This.

LOGH is babby tier "literature", but it's not bad.

It's just that the people who find it mature are as dumb as bricks.
>>
>>15846950
>This level of tryhard
God anon
>>
File: pol kids BTFO.png (102KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
pol kids BTFO.png
102KB, 500x387px
>>15846869
>It's the peak of /pol/shit
What the fuck? /pol/ would HATE Legend of the Galactic Heroes. They might like the aesthetic of the Galactic Empire but other than that Reinhardt would probably make them pop a blood vessel.
>>
>>15846950
>>15846869
Are you done yet?
>>
>>15846717
Then what the fuck are you doing shitposting here, you cross-boarding degenerate? Go back to cluttering up /v/, /k/, or whatever shithole you crawled out of.
>>
>>15846966
>>15846978
Why are you so offended? LOGH fags are some of the most obnoxious people on the net.

I didn't say it was bad, I just said it wasn't a mature piece, and if you think so, you're kind of stupid and need to grow up.
>>
>>15846944
Draw them yourself if you want them that bad.
>>
>>15846981
>it wasn't a mature piece
It certainly isn't immature if that's what you're implying. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean you have to discredit it.

I think a lot of western literature is hot, steaming crap but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend it's poorly-written just because I wasn't entertained.
>>
>>15846983
I don't, because I'm already seeing a return to tube.
>>
>>15846988
>It certainly isn't immature
Except it is. It's just that you deluded yourself into thinking it isn't, because you somehow think that politics and space make something mature by default.
>>
>>15846997
When did I say that? Calm down and stop putting words into people's mouths. I never said it was 'deep' or 'super mature' as much as you'd like me to. Why are you so angry? Nobody here is trying to hurt you.
>>
>>15846981
>Say any popular show is shit
>Don't give examples of a show you think is better
So this is the power of gundambabbies
>>
>>15846975
wtf i love logh now???
>>
>>15847011
>LOGH
>popular
That's a bit of a stretch.

>>15847013
Where did this meme even come from? 'wtf I hate/love x now.' Shit does not make any fucking sense. Does Reinhardt really have to express anti-racist sentiment for you to even GIVE LoGH a chance?
>>
>mature
>immature
Fuck off.
>>
>>15846950
No, it's actually pretty bad.
>>15846975
No, every /pol/boy on /his/ loves LOGH. I don't actually visit that cancerswamp directly these days so I can't say if it's ever posted, but it certainly is on /his/.
>>
>>15846939
>the average tube robot
Such as?

>>15846858
>You know, you're partially right
How so?
>>
>>15847492
>It's pretty bad
>Doesn't give example of a show he thinks is good
>>
>>15849550
Why does that matter? So you can rhetorically attack? So this is the power of maturity...
My series is E7 btw
>>
>>15849817
Anon if you don't understand why I asked you for an example of a show you think ia good when all you said was LOGH was shit then you shouldn't be here
>E7
Oh so you were trolling
>>
>>15850131
>trolling
Not at all.
>if you don't understand
Is this how reddit argues?
>>
>>15850209
>E7 is good and well written
>LOGH isn't
Anon...
>>
>>15850270
Yes. You only think LOGH is good because it lets off a very fake image of sophistication. E7 does not and is actually incredibly more profound and subtle.
Thematically it is the most important piece of ecological fiction. LOGH is just 'muh deep political intrigue'.
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>15850278
I can't believe I fell for such obvious bait
>>
>>15850305
>I DONT LIKE WHAT YOUR POSTING SO ITS BAIT ;C
So this is the power of reddit...
>>
>>15850312
>Thinks E7 is good
You're either baiting or somehow the most retarded person on 4chan
>>
>>15850324
>i dont understand it so its bad
You do realize its still popular here and was very popular when airing.
You do realize that LOGH is only popular amongst an invasive species, /pol/tards from /r/eddit, right?
>>
>>15850331
You're quite the master baiter anon
>>
>>15850344
Yes yes anything that you don't understand is just le bait
Back to /r/eddit please
>>
>>15850346
>E7 is good
Anon once you say that no amount of backpedalling will help
>>
>>15850331
/m/ was talking about logh years before /pol/ even existed.
>>
>>15850331
I still have the files for my laserdisk rips of LOGH that /m/ pointed me towards before /pol/ even existed.
>>
>>15850414
>i dont understand so its bad
So this is the power of /pol/
>>15850455
>>15850477
It's about the /pol/ in your heart.
>>
>>15850538
>/pol/ in your heart.
What happened to:
>invasive species

Even if your claim was that LOGH fans are /pol/ at heart, they were still on /m/ before /pol/ came about.
>>
>LOGH fans are /pol/tards
How to know if someone has never seen a show and only one still image
>>
>>15850570
You're stupid
>>15850644
I've seen half of the series. Still more than the /pol/tards have seen of E7. They probably just saw the old 2ch meme
See, two can play that game, /pol/scum
>>
>>15850663
>Gundambabbies have only this tier of bait
>Superfags are this desperate to say their toy commercials aren't shit
>>
>>15850665
>implying toy commercials are exclusive to supers
>>
>>15850665
E7 isn't gundam and I am not a 'gundamfag'
Why are /pol/cancer so easily offended?
>>
>>15850672
You realise LOGH is everything /pol/ hates right?
>>
>>15850665
Gundam is a literal toy commercial. Super robot series don't have nearly as much merch in comparison.
>>
>>15850324
>>15850331
>>15850344
>>15850346
>>15850414
>>15850455
>>15850477
>>15850538
>>15850570
>>15850644
>>15850663
>>15850665
>>15850668
>>15850672
This isn't what this thread is supposed to be about.

Can we get back on topic about how we're all pretending to like giant robots?
>>
>>15850680
Yes, that's why you're on here and /his/ instead.
Still /pol/trash
>>15850682
Yes and all anime is just a set of commercials for the source material.
>>
>>15850686
Anon you know nothing
>>
File: DJBAekDXUAMiBqt.jpg (46KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
DJBAekDXUAMiBqt.jpg
46KB, 636x636px
>>15850682
To be fair, Mazinger has shit tons of variants, but yeah, Gundam still dwarfs it.
>>
>>15850687
t. reddit
*praises þor*
>>
>>15850685
>Can we get back on topic about how we're all pretending to like giant robots?

Best robots across the ages are Great Mazinger and Iron Gear. Everything else pales in comparison. Especially the various Getters, Mazinger Z, Jeeg and Grendizer who can go take a hike.
>>
File: tetsuya.jpg (33KB, 536x424px) Image search: [Google]
tetsuya.jpg
33KB, 536x424px
>>15850720
>>
>>15850720
>A literal child posted here
>>
>>15850850
>>A literal child posted here

The pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>15844054
Why do you pretend to not like his genre of mecha?
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.