[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the Newtype theory IRL, I mean the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What do you guys think of the Newtype theory IRL, I mean the Gundam one, do you think that when this generation or the next moves to space we'll evolve into some kind of "newtype"? Personally I think our senses will sharpen to help us move around.
>>
Wasn't the original theory more philosophical like Nietzsche's Ubermensch? I suppose in that way I can see "newtypes" being possible, but whether there will be a biological evolving of senses or not may be wishful thinking
>>
More exposure to low gravity will give people better spatial awareness, but I think that's probably it. Sense and taste get kind of muffled because the body's expecting your fluids to flow down; possibly some mechanism will develop to deal with that, but that'd likely be a fairly long term thing.
>>
>>15842490
*smell and taste
>>
>>15842490
I've always personally assumed that if we did adapt to space it would be through artificial engineering. Coordinators, to use the Gundam reference. Keep our bodies from weakening in lower gravity or microgravity through better control over the processes that govern muscle and bone development, reroute drainage to not need gravity assist, maybe adapt our lungs to lower pressures so that space habitats don't have to be engineered to take as much internal forces. Improve the cellular and genetic repair systems, too, so that radiation is less of a problem. And while we're at it, engineer out motion sickness and improve spacial reasoning, because those are going to be super important in microgravity.
>>
>>15842467
We'll probably perish as a species before any big move into space happens.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.