/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Zeta has bad fight choreogra-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 13.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 13.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>Zeta has bad fight choreogra-
>>
>>15842426

Zeta had too many fights, other than that, it was kino.
>>
File: 1500741450794.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500741450794.png
1MB, 960x720px
Was it kino?
>>
>>15842426
that scene where MKII fought bunch of water zakus in hongkong was oddly decently animated
>>
>>15842426

There are 2 or 3 fights which are just cutouts of ms shooting a few beams at each other and then retreating after a minute - mainly on episodes that were story and character interaction heavy and they had to meet their quota of a battle in every episode. For what ever reason people remember those tiny minority of battles and ignore that most of the show had really solid and creative fight choreography - even if the shot composition was sometimes a bit lacking.
>>
>>15842426
https://youtu.be/1nt9d-j7XeQ?t=16m37s
>>
but that is bad choreography
>>
>>15842426

Is that supposed to refute anything? Even ignoring the QUALITY animation, its literally just 'MS transforms, does nothing, gets shot in the chest'.

That barely even counts as a fight. Fucking Max Jenius's knife fight has better fight choreography than that.
>>
>>15842426
https://youtu.be/FmYYpTytqxo?t=4m43s
>>
>>15842426

https://youtu.be/RzeD9nckvBQ?t=17m54s
>>
>>15843286
That's the end of a really good fight.

https://youtu.be/J40XbRMIBig?t=16m48s
>>
>>15842426
https://youtu.be/T7BCP1snpqo?t=9m52s
>>
>>15842426
Literally who say that? Zeta choreography and attention to detail is one of the best in mecha!
>>
>>15843639
There's one scene that comes to mind where Jerid is attacking the Argama in his Gabthley. In addition to missing the bridge multiple times at near point blank range, Jerid corners Kamille with a gun pointed to the cockpit, only for Kamille to slowly pull out his beam saber in a 3 second long piece of stock footage. For whatever reason Jerid doesn't shoot in that abominably long time frame.
>>
>>15843833
I wonder if beam rifles are hard to aim with in UC ? I can't think of anyone who consistently hits with them in UC other than Amuro. Even Kamille misses more than not. The Gryps War is interesting to me because it seems like while the mobile suits got really fast - the targeting systems and the like lagged in comparison.
>>
There seems to be a disconnect between how to make engaging skirmishes and sorties that kept rivalries threatening in the face of how strong and fast they were writing MS and Mobile Armors to be.
>>
>>15843639
there's been a bunch of shitposting autists crying about zeta being the worst show on earth recently. thats probably why OP made the thread
>>
>>15844093
It's been going on for 2+ years now. If anything we are in a remission.I remember once we had 8 anti-Zeta shit posting threads going at once. It's pretty questionable if the OPs ever even watched the show given their opinions tended to not even have anything to do with actual plot points or anything that happened in the show.
>>
That was just a cool transformation sequence, which got interrupted at the tail end. About as much of a fight as the famous sword vs. gun Indiana Jones scene.
>>
>>15843973
remember that Minovsky Particles mess with literally everything in the Electromagnetic Spectrum at high enough concentrations, including Visible Light, they just don't depict this most of the time in the anime because it wouldn't look good

kinda makes me want to see someone in a UC series to weaponize this aspect of Minovsky particles by ramping it's effects/concentration to points where Mobile Suits and Ships just short out completely by entering it field of effect
>>
>>15844445
Ah yeah, good point. Usually it is just long range radar being messed up that is explicit.
>>
>>15844451
the main time it screwing with visuals comes up in two forms;

1) characters having a hard time telling what they're fighting, especially if it's a new model(since what shows up on their monitors is often not the actual image, but a computer reproduction of what the suit's computer interprets what it's seeing, since even at lower concentrations it will make unassisted video fuzzy)

2) pretty much every time that Dummy Balloons have shown up in Universal Century
>>
>>15842505
>zakus
>>
>>15842426
>choreography
This word does not apply to animation. You are looking for 'storyboarding'.
>>
>>15842426
It is kind of crap if you compare to what Ichiro Itano did on SDF-1 Macross.
>>
>>15844475

SDF was kind of inconsistent though - the Itano Circus was'nt used all the time, and a fair amount of the time the fights weren't as good as your average Zeta fight. Also I think the credit ought to be more on the animation there than choreography. No doubt Macross has the coolest looking barrages of missiles and dodges - and that matters, allot. But I think Zeta beats it out in terms of the variety we see in individual battles. Allot of interesting tactics, hazards, stage changes, etc, makes the fights very dynamic. Not to disparage SDF, I rate both it and Zeta 10/10, or something close to that.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.