[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Guyver manga any good? I just finished the 1989 ova.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: guyver-2359617.jpg (129KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
guyver-2359617.jpg
129KB, 800x974px
Is the Guyver manga any good? I just finished the 1989 ova.
>>
File: mizuki-colour-2015.png (209KB, 909x537px) Image search: [Google]
mizuki-colour-2015.png
209KB, 909x537px
>>15842407
It's awesome. I'm a fan.
>>
>>15842407
Guyver is nice sci-fi material to admire, but as a story? It's shit. Even for /m/ stories, which generally have a low standard of writing quality, it's pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>15842733
>which generally have a low standard of writing quality
lol
>>
>>15842407
Nope.
>>
Yeah it's good but it's almost impossible to read because of man children drama
>>
File: bait.png (9KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
9KB, 235x236px
>>15842733
>>15843014
Wow, not sure if serious.
>>
absolutely yes
>>
>>15842733
It has its ups and downs. Everything after Chronos succeeds in taking over the world is pretty solid for a sci-fi action comic, in my opinion.
>>
>>15843125
>>15845818
Somewhere between these, some bits are rather skippable but it's not the worst.
>>
>>15845873
>>15845818
op here, just got done with the second half of the ova. Despite the noticeable decline in animation i felt it was as good as the first half. which chapter should i start with if i want to continue with the series.
>>
>>15846191
OVA skips and changes a lot of stuff, so start at the beginning.
>>
The first half of the 1989 OVA is really the only truly worthwhile Guyver anything. The extreme violence carries it so much and it loses pretty much everything without it.
>>
>>15845818
I have mixed feeling about that part. The story drags after that part but it's an interesting way to change the stakes of the story.
>>
>>15846841
I liked Murakami's sort-of return, and the tragic backstory of Archanfel. I actually started to sympathise with him somewhat after that.

Also that part leads into some of the wildest designs in the series. Neo ZX-Tole, Guyver Aptom, Griselda, Guyver Gigantic, etc.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.