[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to begin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: moehelicopter.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
moehelicopter.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
Where do I start in the mecha genre? I'm going in completely clueless, but I'd like to go more or less chronologically with everything worth watching to get an idea for the evolution of the genre. Anyone have charts?
>>
>>15837138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iACaby7eBVg&list=PLlBaccpHcbmbwsx1IDZMs3sLWkaq3skKS

Basically start with super robots and progress your way through the real robot genre afterwards
>>
Watch Voltes V and the first Gundam.
>>
File: thumbs up visors down.gif (1MB, 498x466px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up visors down.gif
1MB, 498x466px
>>15838207
My nigga
Might also recommend VOTOMS for some real robot variety, and Mazinkaiser for some super robot variety
>>
File: m recommended 2.jpg (3MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
m recommended 2.jpg
3MB, 2500x2800px
>>
>>15838920
>There is no "bad taste",only "different tastes"
>>
>>15837138
Look at that waifu hnnggg
>>
>>15838979

The chopper, the pilot, or the stylized 2D characature?
>>
>>15838920
There's some stuff on this list I've been meaning to watch for a while.
>>
>>15840245

Might also be the sky, you know, I think Macross did that.
>>
Just don't watch gundam and you'll be fine
>>
>>15838940
>not dealing with it
>>
>>15838940
"Bad" is part of the spectrum
>>
>>15840245
The helmet hanging in the cockpit.
Such a blowjob symbolism
>>
>>15841018
There is no bad taste except for gundam
>>
>>15837138
>chronologically with everything worth watching
Good god. You'll die of old age before you finish unless by 'everything worth watching' you mean 'only the absolute most important stuff'
I'm going to give you only the 100% mandatory/most influential stuff from the 70's, but it looks like you'll still have to work your way through the 60's first. Anyway:
Mazinger Z, Space Battleship Yamato, Combattler V, Zambot 3, Toushou Daimos (not fully subbed, have fun.), Mobile Suit Gundam.

I've tried to slim that list down and made some slightly blasphemous omissions for your sake. I'm not even gonna touch other decades.
>>
>>15841045
OP don't listen to this faggot
>>
>>15841045
OP, listen to this faggot.
>>
>>15841045
How could you exclude Getter Robo? Do you even sleep at night anymore anon?
>>
>>15841978
>Mass amounts of meme shows
>gundam
Nothing of worth
>>
>>15838175
https://youtu.be/JTiysOs-91w
>>
>>15841989
He does say he omitted important things, though as to why he excluded that while having Combattler and Daimos is beyond me
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.