[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/ books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 81o0VcR+xzL.jpg (426KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
81o0VcR+xzL.jpg
426KB, 1200x1800px
Looking for some more /m/ books. I already read the original Gundam trilogy, whats current with Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Yukikaze, All You Need is Kill and a few others. Let's get a thread going?
>>
Starship Troopers
Armor
Forever Peace
>>
The Culture series.
>>
>>15835533
Light novels
>>
>>15836689
Any recommendations?
>>
File: Asbaran.jpg (4MB, 3900x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Asbaran.jpg
4MB, 3900x2700px
>>15835548
Those are pretty good for starter.
I would recomend the Revelations Cycle if you like light but fun military novels with power armors too,it's about Human Mercs the first hundred years after first contact, humans aren't quite hot but they aren't space Africa either, the first one it's the worse one, but it's easy to read and has Kaiju vs big ass mech, piloted be a brony tough. Seems the guy than wrote it didn't knew if make a YA novel or a military one, there is plent of need for editing, but has a few really enjoyable side characters than make the cringey boy bearable.
The other solidify the universe and are less cringey, the Winged hussar it's probably the most interesting, but has the fewer power armor scenes, it's most based in space battles. Asbaran solutions has best MC for me, and the Golden horde it's final of the first cycle and finish some loose thread from the other three novels.
There is plenty of parts than could have been done way better (like the aliens, than are pretty wonky, like from a early ninties game like Ur-quan) but I dunno why I read it all in a breeze and enjoyed it even if my brain said it wasn't that well made.
The cover power armors are quite cool too.
>>
>>15836723
Anything by Kawakami.
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon gets /m/ as fuck at times(It has an anime), Owari no Chronicle has an entire world that has "Machines are alive" as their equivalent of laws of physics.. His works are lengthy and borders on being autistically deep and well-thought out though.
>>
Theres some fuckhuge mechs in Book of the New Sun but since the protagonist thinks in medieval terms they aren't described in a way that makes sense
That makes them all the cooler, of course
Also read your Asimov
>>
Robotech novels are actually pretty good.
>>
>>15838389
They're alright. As far as western pulp sci-fi goes, it's alright.
>>
>>15838027
But why does everything has to be covered in the veil of moeshit covers? It's not like those people who enjoy that appreciates deep SF.
>>
The Lensman series is a lot of fun. I put some cleaned epubs on mechachan's /sf/ if you can't find them anywhere else.

Most of it is classic space opera without any giant robots, but there a few bits where the hero breaks out his power armor and slugs it out. This stuff is from a decade before Starship Troopers, which makes it all the more exotic. There are also some very LoGH-like scenes with axe-and-armor boarding parties, if you're into that. And as a few other posters mentioned in that other thread, the power creep is a glorious thing to behold.
>>
>>15838389
Anything by James Luceno is usually a pretty decent read if you don't mind some overdone prose.
>>
>>15841536
>Kawakami
>moeshit
A quick tip.
Most of his works has his characters in skintight suits.
Big tits are plenty, flatties are plenty too.
Pervert jokes are plenty too.

In Horizon, there was an entire flashback chapter about how 2 characters met and that chapter ended up becoming a vivid description of the wild sex the 2 characters had for like in-universe half a month non-stop, genitals were never referred by their names, just 'shaft' and 'hole'.

By any measure its not moeshit visually, and even if it has the moeshit look, its not the thing that deters people from reading, its the length of his books.
>>
>>15835533
Titanicus is excellent if you've ever been interested in what a tech worshipping society like the AdMech is like.
>>
For Gundam LNs, seek out:
Sentinel
Hathaway's Flash
Twilight Axis
Unicorn
>>
OP, we have had this thread many times already. Just search the archive, there are a lot of suggestions.
>>
OP check out The Expanse novels
>>
>>15841577

Checking those out, thanks for your work
>>
>>15835533
Does anyone have a download source for LOGH novels? Are they all translated?
>>
>>15845157
Seconding this. Best reads I've had in years.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.