[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one here ever talk about or mention this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: 42535.jpg (51KB, 225x324px) Image search: [Google]
42535.jpg
51KB, 225x324px
Why does no one here ever talk about or mention this series?
>>
File: 1502242332397.jpg (103KB, 1080x350px) Image search: [Google]
1502242332397.jpg
103KB, 1080x350px
I try to talk about sometimes but no one really cares. It's bad but not bad enough to leave an impression.
>>
>>15835175
I'm still on the first arc and i like it but i try not to discuss things i haven't finished and I'm unfortunately a slow watcher.
Emily a cute.
>>
>>15835181
There was a lot of dumb things in the series, but the Kio arc in particularly is irredeemably bad.
>>
>>15835208
Considering how dead the threads became during the last 10 episodes when it was airing I'm pretty sure most people just dropped it altogether. The PSP game coming out a couple of weeks before the last episode and spoiling the ending was probably a factor too.
>>
>>15835208
Only good things about the Kio arc are the OPs and Dark Hound Asemu.
>>
>>15835175
The animation is pretty good.
>>
>>15836916
The Dark Hound is fine but Asemu himself in Kio's gen is dog shit as a character.
>>
>>15835208
>but the Kio arc in particularly is irredeemably bad.

yeah but that requires getting that far first
>>
>>15835175
It's generally the designated whipping boy, because apparently fans can't show how much they care for a franchise without focusing on the entry they absolutely hate.

I think AGE is good but rushed, inconsistent and lacking much of a spark for anyone bar the guy who came up with it. We have interviews where the other staff said that after the first cour they were basically in zombie mode the rest of the production. The idea of a cross generation Gundam tale has amazing potential but the show doesn't commit to it (women amount to little more than baby makers) and the show aims too much for nostalgic 80s mecha fans, ignoring the child audience it was intended for and who mostly rejected it.
>>
I think the whole thing just needs more episodes
>>
Asem ditching the EF to become a pirate should have been Gen 2 not a random sidestory manga.
>>
File: giecu.png (219KB, 415x353px) Image search: [Google]
giecu.png
219KB, 415x353px
What do you guys think of the Hyaku Shiki Mk.II?
>>
File: AGE-FX_Perfect_File.jpg (234KB, 1200x1746px) Image search: [Google]
AGE-FX_Perfect_File.jpg
234KB, 1200x1746px
Flaws aside, I enjoyed it. The only time I ever really got annoyed was with the moon base arc and Girard Spriggan. Like it was obvious from the get-go that Gen-3 was just kind of rushing through the motions to get to a proper end, but the moonbase arc slowed it down to such a crawl that you wish they would have kept that rushed pace going instead of wasting everyone's time with a character that was going to get discarded in an episode or two anyway. Episodes that could have been spent A: Developing Zeheart, B: Developing Dean, and C: getting fatty out of the picture quicker.

At least the AGE-FX looks cool I think.
>>
>>15839843
AGE-FX was ruined for me by Kio being useless cunt that fucked his Gundam after a couple of months at most and had to get a whole new one while Flit made his last 50 years.
>>
>>15835175
I think people don't see much to talk besides liking/disliking characters and mechas. The scenario and plot didn't leave much room for interpretations. But I liked, is worth a watch.
>>
File: 7yaLd.jpg (180KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
7yaLd.jpg
180KB, 1440x810px
Flit was the hero we needed when we didn't know we deserved.
>>
I really like Flit's character, he's basically the only thing that kept the show watchable.
>>
>>15835208
Nah, Asemu's arc was boring as shit, at least Kio's had highlights for more than one episode and we got Thielva.
>>
>>15840134
At least Asemu's gen featured carry over characters from Gen 1 I cared about, Gen 3 was mostly original, pointless characters. I'm still not sure why Flit and Madorna's wife are literally the only two gen 1 characters that show up in Gen 3. I know they're all old or dead but they couldn't squeeze in an Emily or Dique appearance somewhere?

That's really what AGE lacked as a generational story, showing what became of the older characters after the time skips.
>>
Awfully hard to talk about a show that no one is seeding.
>>
>>15840240
There's DDLs for the BD in the Nyaa Recovery thread.
>>
>>15840165
Gen 3 had moe captain and her not really love interest that according to side stories was married. And Obright.
>>
>>15840296
Seric mentioned in one of the episodes he had a wife, it wasn't just a side thing
>>
File: umfsu.png (263KB, 627x336px) Image search: [Google]
umfsu.png
263KB, 627x336px
How THICC do you boys like your EUs?
>>
File: 30318550_p0.jpg (373KB, 1100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
30318550_p0.jpg
373KB, 1100x1500px
Fram was cute
>>
File: Sales projection.jpg (215KB, 1037x775px) Image search: [Google]
Sales projection.jpg
215KB, 1037x775px
>>15835175
It was utterly bland. The director chose the blandest Wears to feature in the series, and also chose to just tell a half-assed story, all in the hopes it would be catchy enough to draw viewers into playing the game for the full story and the more exciting MS/Wears. He had some BS belief that such a recipe would lead to the biggest Gundam sales ever.

The anime never really explained why Flit was more or less hated by the Federation brass from the start to his death. Or that Asemu was actually had some competence. Or the level of retardation that Kio showed in the anime.

Hell, we had a few threads dedicated to the game, and how much shit was cut out from the anime (roughly 50~75% of the actual story was in the games with only a few slices animated). Of course, not even the game could properly explain away Asemu's stupid reason for not being a father figure in his son's life, though it attempt to explain Flit's 180 turn in the end.
>>
>>15841585
The AGE System itself is also terribly underused in the anime. It's an okay concept in a game with an equip system but in the anime after the first arc it's basically just used to wave off any new weapons that want to add.

Why exact did it take like 25 years to get the AGE-1's model to be mass produced? How come after Flit retired the AGE System was just shoved in storage instead of, you know, being actively used? Even if the brass hated Flit you'd think Algreus would want to put the system back in active use after he took control.
>>
>>15841599
Where did Flit get the AGE-3 from anyway, if the EF had the AGE Builder
>>
>>15841599
As far as I recall, the game just explained that "shit's too advanced; so we dumbed it down" as a reason for why it took forever to get mass-production versions of the AGE-1 and 2 going. And even then, they were still inferior to Vegan MS of the same generation.

One of the other dumber things it never could explain is why the AGE Builder was only usable by Flit and family, or why it wasn't replicated even with a dumber/simpler version.
>>
>>15841644
>One of the other dumber things it never could explain is why the AGE Builder was only usable by Flit and family
The Builder itself was just sitting around the EF for 50 years, anyone could use it if they wanted to, problem is you need the AGE Device and System to gather data for it which Flit never let outside his family. But then you go back to the question of why the EF just chose to ignore the AGE System rather than use it, they had plenty of chances to seize it for themselves if they really wanted to.
>>
>>15841650
That was one of the more annoying plot flaws, IMO.

We have a literal 3D printer that prints new MS and counters, based on pilot data, and built in partnership with the Federation. Yet somehow, the sole unit is privately operated by a kid and his following descendants, and still the Federation doesn't even attempt to make their own copies that at least work with some of their own preferred Aces who aren't an Asuno?

Personally, it would have been more exciting had Gerard been a turncoat Ace who could counter the AGE to some extent thanks to making off with a replica builder assigned to her use, or something along those lines. Hell, have Zehart or Ezelcant use a Vegan Builder with the Legilis.
>>
>>15841668
The problem is the parallel they were going for was Sid being like an 'evil' AGE System/Builder using the EXA-DB's data to upgrade itself when it repairs but it doesn't really matter since it isn't introduced until the last 5 seconds.
>>
>>15835175
I need to watch this one. I dismissed it at release because I don't like the character designs but now I feel like I should give it a chance. Anywhere I can download or stream it?
>>
>>15841725
https://mega.nz/#F!RHQyDSSI!pjQoXx5uBvuNko7jtkcnzA
>>
>>15841728
Thanks
>>
It's just unremarkable and doesn't try to do anything new besides the who 'generational' gimmick, which ended up amounting to little, specially because Asemu ended up just being some sort of middle man.
You can argue other Gundams are bad if not worse, but at least they experimented a little.
>>
>>15841734
While I do agree I think the generational gimmick qualifies as experimenting a little.
>>
>>15841738
They hardly used it to their advantage. You don't even get the full effect of what kind of child Asemu would have raised as a result of his rocky relationship with his father.... because Flit ends up as Kio's acting father too. Really a fantastic way to shoot the entire concept in the foot.
>>
>>15841750
Kind of sad that Kio completely rejects Flit and shoves him away when Asemu shows back up despite the fact the man can't hang around for longer than 5 seconds.
>>
File: reuwy.png (209KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
reuwy.png
209KB, 640x386px
You may spend 30 minutes a day with one but not both. Who and why?
>>
>>15841644
>>15841650
>>15841668

>One of the other dumber things it never could explain is why the AGE Builder was only usable by Flit and family

Actually they do explain that. For years Flit has been actively trying to get the OK to mass produce the AGE-system for the federation's use, and the top brass kept cock-blocking him simply because it's Flit and they didn't like him getting more power than them. As for why they didn't bother to hack the AGE-builder or use it themselves? Even in AUs, the Earth Federation is usually pretty incompetent and complacent about literally everything unless it's actively trying to kill them. So par for the course really.
>>
>>15842176
Where is Yurin or Fram?
>>
>>15842176

Purple hair. Not that I recall anything about her beyond that she's not Emily, but Emily was so bland that that's enough. At least I'd have something nice to look at for 30 minutes a day.
>>
File: 1497428012762.png (757KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497428012762.png
757KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>15838464
The art style just puts me off of it completely it's just so kid like and... not even Shonen it just looks like Pokemon I mean if it looked like Digimon I'd give it a chance but everytime I think about giving the show a chance I look at it and turn away
>>
>>15843814
And to a lot of people anime in general looks kid like just because it's not live action. Pretty dumb thing to judge it by.
>>
To me the highest point of the series was Asemu dismembering Desil's suit while AGE-2 theme plays. After that it was mostly downhill. That's a shame, since Gen 3 had some of the best designs in the show. And some of the worst as well.
>>
>>15843814
I'm convinced anons who use this argument never gave the show a fair chance.
>>
>>15845140

Of course he didn't. He didn't even try to argue he did. Deciding whether or not to watch a show, which is really all he's talking about, based on its visual style is superficial but entirely reasonable since the visuals will be there for the whole show and if you don't like them it will make watching less enjoyable.
>>
>>15845183
Except he hasn't seen the visuals in action and has no idea if they'll grow on him or not.
>>
>>15845196

They might, chances are they won't though and people make decisions on whether to try things based on superficial elements on a regular basis. Including you. You've probably é it at least once in the last week alone, be it rejecting a food, a book, a destination, whatever.
>>
>>15835175
Apart from the stupid ass Yurin-cliche waifu garbage. AGE was a show with great ideas but ruined by horrible execution and sloppy pacing.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.