[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LAUNCH THE OCTOPUSSY https://a.pomf.cat/rfdqan.webm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Octopussy1.jpg (298KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Octopussy1.jpg
298KB, 960x720px
LAUNCH THE OCTOPUSSY

https://a.pomf.cat/rfdqan.webm
>>
>>15833357
Is Urusei Yatsura worth watching? I love Oshii but I find even 50 episode shows to be massive.
>>
>>15833387
Take it slowly, you don't need to watch it all at once, and if it's not your thing then move on.
>>
>>15833422
this
UY is because you want to watch a half hour sitcom, not to marathon
>>
>>15833566

Binge watching has become a far to prevalent habit for people. Not only does it make shows become a slog but it also just makes it harder to really discuss in depth.
>>
>>15833577
People need to realize it's about the journey and not the destination.

You've got so many people rushing to finish a show in record time like there's some magical prize waiting at the end.

I'd understand if they were so completely engrossed in a series that they genuinely couldn't stop watching, but lately I've come to find most "marathoners" are people who are trying to force themselves through a show just so they can say they watched it.
>>
>>15833605

What kills me is when people ask if they can skip shit.

>I want to watch a show but not really, just tell me the good parts. Make a chart for me.

And assholes do. Why even bother watching at all. Yeah a lot of series have some really bad episodes (looking at you Star Tek) but those only make you appreciate the good episodes more.
>>
>>15833610
That bothers me to no end, too.

>Don't watch that version, watch this version because the fandom/the director/my neighbor/Idi Amin thinks it's better.

It's like forming your own opinion is frowned upon.

You see it happen with all the big series, like Gundam, Evangelion, or Mazinger.

Instead of saying skip this or skip that, things would be so much better if we could get more people saying,

>If you enjoyed that, please do check out this version because it has a significant amount of changes that you may enjoy, or be interested in viewing.
>>
>>15833617

It's especially bad when information is so easily googled and everyone has access to every goddamn anime ever made via download, streaming or whatever.

In the time it took you to ask if you should watch something you could have watched and episode and got a taste
>>
>>15833620
Let's just take a moment to apprecaite that we're not flooded with reviewers, streamers, and asinine news sites.

Or maybe we are, and I'm just ignorant about it.
>>
>>15833387
As someone who's finished it, it's absolutely worth it. It's one of those series I can watch an episode of at any time and it'll cheer me up because of how fun it is.
>>
>>15837198
Should the movies be watched at specific points or in order? Or are they purely standalone as long as you're familiar with the characters?
>>
File: voyager recommendation chart.jpg (12KB, 410x307px) Image search: [Google]
voyager recommendation chart.jpg
12KB, 410x307px
>>15833610
>>15833617
I agree, except with Star Trek Voyager. That shows needs a recommendation chart and there is only one acceptable version.
>>
>>15837297
They can pretty much be watched in any order and at any point, but I'd recommend being familiar with some of the show first. The only exception is The Final Chapter which is an adaptation of the final story arc so watch that after the series.

Also Beautiful Dreamers is one of the greatest anime films of all time, and I recommend it to anyone regardless of if they've seen the series or not. It's one of the films I think everyone should see. Also like >>15833387 if you're interested in the series, maybe just try Beautiful Dreamer first and see what you think.
>>
File: VOY.jpg (74KB, 705x530px) Image search: [Google]
VOY.jpg
74KB, 705x530px
>>15837519
>>
>>15837539
Amazing
>>
>>15837519

No. You should watch threshold. No skipping. Don't be a pussy you're not going to know why shit is bad unless you actually watch it
>>
>>15837713
You're misreading the chart. It's saying that Threshold is the only recommended episode.
>>
>>15837297
Firstly, discard what this retard >>15837536 said. You do NOT want to watch Beautiful Dreamer first.

Secondly, the generally agreed viewing order goes:

Episodes 1-56
Movie 1 - Only You
Episodes 1-106
Movie 2 - Beautiful Dreamer
Episodes 107-140
Movie 3 -Remember my love
Episodes 141-195
Movie 4 - Lum the Forever
OVAs 1-11
Movie 5 - The Final Chapter (The ending)
Movie 6 - Always my darling (Bonus story)
OVA 12

If you can't handle watching all that (you don't have to marathon the whole thing in a week you know), here's the express route (the bare minimum of episodes you need to watch if you want to get full enjoyment out of the movies):

Episodes 1-3
Episodes 5-10
Episodes 12-18
Episodes 21-22
Episode 24
Episodes 30-33
Episode 35
Episodes 37-39
Episodes 42-45
Episode 48
Episodes 50-51
Episodes 53-54

Movie 1 - Only You

Episodes 58-65
Episode 68
Episode 70
Episodes 75-79
Episode 82
Episode 87
Episodes 89-90
Episode 94
Episodes 97-98
Episodes 100-101

Movie 2 - Beautiful Dreamer

Episodes 105-106
>>
File: Hideaki_Anno_2.png (179KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Hideaki_Anno_2.png
179KB, 225x350px
>>15833357
>posting the shortened version
Proper version here:

https://a.pomf.cat/wbebym.webm

Also worth noting that Hideaki Anno was a key animator for this episode.
>>
>>15838867
Oh look it's a faggot. Beautiful Dreamers should be seen by everyone. The fact that you say anyone should watch Always My Darling shows how much of a retars you are.
>>
>>15838956
>Beautiful Dreamers
>Dreamers
>s
Well, that's one more way to confirm your stupidity.

Good movie as it may be, to watch it without understanding the backgrounds of any of the characters is doing a huge disservice to the film. To not realize this shows how much of an idiot you really are.
>>
>>15838956
>The fact that you say anyone should watch Always My Darling shows how much of a retars you are.
Also when did I say anyone "had" to watch that? I was just writing up a viewing order you moron. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others are forbidden from watching it.
>>
>>15837539
That episode was like a lifetime movie or something. Not abysmal, but dull and with no real relation to the series or franchise. I don't know why someone thought it was a good idea.
>>
File: animation (2).webm (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
animation (2).webm
2MB, 720x540px
>>
>>15839004
>>15839014
Holy shit you really are a fucking retard. Hope you get beheaded by fucking muslims
>>
>>15839035
I wouldn't have been surprised if it was just made to give the budget a rest. Either that, or it originally started out as a City On the Edge of Forever and got hacked up beyond recognition.
>>
>>15841415
>idiocy has no argument so he retorts with mindless insults and /pol/ shit
The absolute peak of stupidity.
>>
>>15841395
This was Anno's part.
>>
>>15841953
No it wasn't.
>>
>>15841455
Both of those seem plausible. Maybe sfdebris will get around to it; he's usually pretty good at digging out why Voyager fucked up an episode.
>>
>>15842395
It is according to Sakugawiki.

■うる星やつら(1981~1986) 原画 156話
156:サーカス
>>
>>15841633
Choke on prok Rasheed
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.