[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck can't modern anime writers just write a straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Why the fuck can't modern anime writers just write a straight up sci-fi story without littering it with waifu-faggotry and turning an otherwise enjoyable space opera thriller into a disgusting harem show?

Is the overlap of waifu-loving weebs and mecha fans that big that we who just want a straight up giant robot story with no fanservice are in the minority?

This show had everything to be good, I could overlook the choppy CGI because of good cinematography, beautiful art direction, good action scenes and decent mech designs. The plot was pretty interesting and the "pilot academy" shtick was pretty cool in a Wing Commander kind of way, but as the show goes on it starts slipping into haremshit territory, and by the end of the first season I was basically forcing myself to sit through most character interaction scenes. Dropped it a couple of episodes into Season 2 since it seemed like that shit was only going to get even worse.
>>
the OP is pretty good tho
>>
>>15829350

The first time he sorties on a mech was hype as fuck, it was a really good build up. It's incredibly frustrating when a series starts out this good and then goes to shit like this.
>>
>>15829344
The manga has some pretty hype moments and cool mecha designs, sadly many of those were ignoed for the show. The ending is kinda bad though and the relationships are the worst possible end
>>
>>15829354
Hoshijiro deserved better tho
>>
>>15829344
Women and the women obsessed faggots ruin everything, news at 11.
>>
>>15829372

Is the manga any less haremnized? Blame and Biomega were really great and had none of this.
>>
>>15829344
>Why the fuck can't modern anime writers just write a straight up sci-fi story without littering it with waifu-faggotry and turning an otherwise enjoyable space opera thriller into a disgusting harem show?

Because that doesn't sell.

>>15829354
>The first time he sorties on a mech was hype as fuck, it was a really good build up. It's incredibly frustrating when a series starts out this good and then goes to shit like this.

>make a cool setting with lots of unknowns to explore
>up the stakes again and again, building hype
>have no idea where you're going with it
>get bored
>fuck up the ending and move on

like fucking clockwork.
>>
>>15829458

That's what you get with Manga/Anime writing, since the time constraints force writers to come up with shit as the work is still being published. It's largely why capeshit comics end up doing mostly the same thing, although not the same extent since comic book writers do get a lot more time to come up with their stories.
>>
>>15829344
It was shit at a base. Don't lie to us or more importantly yourself.

>>15829477
/co/mblr is that way, cuckold.
>>
>>15829384
Still very harem-y, although there's a lot more focus on the action and less on the harem IIRC. This is partially because he becomes monogamous
>>
>>15829693
>/co/mblr is that way, cuckold.
Kek, what the fuck? I just stated a fact as to why the writing quality suffers so much in serialized media, what got you all triggered?
>>
>>15829344

Had Izana won this wouldnt be a proble,
>>
so the anime ends with nagate leaving his medal on the simulator?
>>
>>15829344
because it's based on the manga
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.