[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 12091971696.jpg (552KB, 2000x1199px) Image search: [Google]
12091971696.jpg
552KB, 2000x1199px
Here's the catch: Your post cannot state whether you think a series/fanbase/plot/character is bad/good/shit/whatever. It has to be an opinion about something specific.

I'll start:
I'd want a Macross series featuring only Jet and Gerwalk mode capable machines.
>>
>>15829057

Why would a machine that's capable of gerwalk not be capable of battroid considering gerwalk is specifically a stalled transformation between battroid and fighter mode?
>>
>>15829124
Because battleroid mode wouldn't exist if I had it my way.
>>
>>15829132

So why would gerwalk exist then, given that it only exists as a half way point between two other states as is?
>>
>>15829142
Same reason they kept it in Macross, dummy. It can hover over the ground and walk around. Use you brain :^)
>>
>>15829174

They kept it in Macross because they already had arms and legs and someone realised that partially transforming was useful for its own reasons. Why bother putting arms and legs on a plane just to make it hovering when you could just use a VTOL jet instead?
>>
>>15829341
Boy, sure keep trying. Gerwalk does everything Battleroid does, but with a less complicated transformation. It also unique advantages such as a lower profile and a larger range of motion for its legs. VTOL isn't quite the same because Gerwalk is able to extend the thrusters via legs, giving it more angles to utilize and the ability to land and walk. Use your brain :^)
>>
File: 1469721895539.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1469721895539.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>15829352
>cant fit into tight spaces or interact with its environment the same way a humanoid machine can
>>
>>15829359
>tall bulky humanoid robots
>fit into tight spaces
Yeah man these robots are gonna fight in alleyways, their arms would be perfect for it
>>
>>15829352
Gerwalk can't stand up to a Zentradi and punch it in the face, though.

My unpopular opinion: Ghost in the Shell the manga is better than any of the anime adaptations, including the Mamoru Oshii one that's hailed as the second coming of Christ. It works better as a police procedural/corporate intrigue hybrid with some comedy thrown into the mix and only focusing on heady philosophical themes when it absolutely has to.
>>
>>15829365
tight spaces as in small city streets, or corridors of battle ships, try getting a 15 meter wide craft in there and lemme know how that goes
>>
>>15829375
Is that really controversial?
I agree - while still being a huge fan of SAC and the first movie.

I can't handle all the filler and the pacing in L-Gaim, despite loving the mecha, liking the characters, and thinking that the plot is cool. I feel like it takes 5 episodes to get anything new out of it other than a cool battle scene.
>>
File: gerwalkroid.gif (97KB, 800x686px) Image search: [Google]
gerwalkroid.gif
97KB, 800x686px
>>15829057
Macross II came close to this. A few nips and tucks and you'd have something that'd fit the bill.

I think the primary issue, though, would be that Gerwalk, all in all, is a bit ungainly. It looks very cool doing certain things, but it's peculiar form of locomotion and limited range of motion means that it would look dopey as fuck, say, trying to turn around using its legs. I'm trying to think if a Gerwalk has ever used its legs as
actual legs - as opposed to conveniently placed thusters - for more than a couple of steps.
>>
File: 55248182_p0.jpg (625KB, 3106x1536px) Image search: [Google]
55248182_p0.jpg
625KB, 3106x1536px
My unpopular opinion is that I think Macross should have never had variable fighters in the first place, and just had dedicated overtech fighter aircraft and destroids for infiltrating zentradi ships/doing other ground pounding stuff.
>>
>>15829389
Those planes are not 30 ft wide. And any area too cramped for gerwalk would be too cramped to use a battleroid's arms.
>>
I like 00 season two more than season one.
>>
>>15829057

Way to take all the fun out of the thread, you whiny little cuckold bitch.
>>
>>15830106
>he's back
:^)
>>
>>15829057
I think everyone's favorite character, Max, is the ultimate gary stu and was made to basically parody Amuro but instead turned everything up to 11 and took away any of the tragedy of the character, turning him into a hollow shell of a character that's just cringeworthy to watch and like an ugly stain on the show.

Oh, and Macross 7 was dreary. I slogged through half of it and it wasn't even terrible, it was just really boring and dull and tried to prop itself up on a silly gimmick that didn't go anywhere.
>>
>>15830106
>>>/pol/
>>
>>15829490
Not him, but it's controversial because normies have never read the manga and think the movie and SAC are some sort of godsend that elevates anime to "adulthood". Seriously, the movie was just kinda pretty. Didn't find it particularly interesting. If you want a serious take on cyberpunk just read a damn book instead of trying to prop up something that clearly isn't mature as mature. It reeks of idiots saying games need to grow up, and their answer is basically to turn everything into a fucking hollywood movie.

I feel the same way about Akira. Terribly overrated movie that's only remembered for the animation. The manga did a decently better job building up the characters and Akira's spiral down to his breaking point while I find the movie to be borderline incoherent like a bad OVA. I really don't see what people see in it.
>>
>>15830129
The Akira manga wasn't finished when the movie released.
>>
>>15830118
>Oh, and Macross 7 was dreary. I slogged through half of it and it wasn't even terrible, it was just really boring and dull and tried to prop itself up on a silly gimmick that didn't go anywhere.
This is an unpopular opinion thread, buddy. Everyone in the western Macross fandom hates M7. I've literally only seen a few people outside of /m/ say they love it.
>>
I love everything about Macross except 7, and wish fans would be happier and nicer to each other when discussing shows. It seems to be unpopular to be happy and enjoy a series
>>
Also unpopular opinion: this edgy too cool to like things and telling people to fuck off when asking for recs is idiotic
>>
>>15830151
>This is an unpopular opinion thread, buddy. Everyone in the western Macross fandom hates M7. I've literally only seen a few people outside of /m/ say they love it.
>hanging out in mecha communities outside of /m/
Time to stop
>>
File: 1504051626380.png (418KB, 770x648px) Image search: [Google]
1504051626380.png
418KB, 770x648px
>>15830170
No.
>>15830166
Spoonfeeders fuck off.
>>
>>15830187
>Am I fitting in yet
>>
>>15830118
Read the OP
>Here's the catch: Your post cannot state whether you think a series/fanbase/plot/character is bad/good/shit/whatever.
>>
>>15830202
cry more cuck
>>
>>15829524
>GERWALK
>Ground Effective Reinforcement of Winged Armament with Locomotive Kneejoint

OP doesn't seem to understand the nature of gerwalk mode. It's a ground effect vehicle. While that's an extremely cool idea it also has somewhat limited application beyond skimming surfaces really fast.
>>
>>15830208
>>15830211
>he's still shitposting
>>
>>15830217
cry more cuck
>>
>>15830202
I thought he meant just saying "X is shit" without an explanation. Why else would he clarify the point by saying it has to be something specific.
>>
>>15830229
>gundam fans
>>
>>15830235
>Your post cannot state whether you think a series/fanbase/plot/character is bad/good/shit/whatever.
Learn to English
>It has to be an opinion about something specific.
>I want a Macross with only jet/gerwalk
Get it?
>>
>>15829057
watch Megazone 23
>>
Okay, here's some.

Acguy and Bearguy are retarded designs

All Zeon MS have retarded names. It's like they asked a 2 year old to make random noises to name their war machines.
>>
>>15830371
>Acguy and bearguy are retarded
Is this unpopular
>>
>>15829352
>Gerwalk does everything Battleroid does
Except if you try to melee with gerwalk you'll probably smash the cockpit and yourself into the enemy.
The cockpit sticking out that far isn't good for melee.
>>
>>15830598
>melee
Are you retarded? This isn't rock 'em sock 'em robots.
>>
File: vf-25 knife.jpg (42KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
vf-25 knife.jpg
42KB, 800x450px
>>15830600
>missing the point of battroid
Battroid is also to wrestle with the zentradi.

And with the new valks, they get knives that can be reinforced with PPB for shanking aliens.
>>
The only UC entry that I hate is 8th ms team.
Eva only influenced anime negatively.
I think 0079 is the best Gundam series and one of the best anime series ever made.
>>15830166
This too
>>
>>15830855
>didn't read the OP
>>
Patlabor 3 was a fine film and I don't get the anger for a series that was always different doing something different.
>>
>>15832021
Fatlabor was never different from amything else hough
>>
Eva is not as deep as people claim it is
>>
>>15829057

I feel deeply ashamed but I like Mirage.
>>
>>15829124
>Why would a machine that's capable of gerwalk not be capable of battroid considering gerwalk is specifically a stalled transformation between battroid and fighter mode?
Apart from being able to fight Zentradi as the large humanoid infantry, Battroid has no advantages over gerwalk in combat. An air dominance fighter able to turn into fast attack vehicle and hold the ground position is much more useful. And less transformation means simplier and more reliable construction plus larger payload capacity.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.