[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G-Saviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: G_Saviourposter.jpg (33KB, 332x475px) Image search: [Google]
G_Saviourposter.jpg
33KB, 332x475px
Honestly wasn't that bad. It sure as hell was better than ZZ and most AU trash
>>
>>15825572
definitely not "if you give the dvd to a friend as a gift, you're a shitty person" tier.
>>
>>15825572
>sure as hell was better than ZZ
Lol no, it wasn't nearly as good as ZZ's episode 36 aka the great UC Gundam work of the 80s.
Try posting again once you've finished the show.
>>
>>15825617
i'd love to recieve it as a gift t b h
>>
The PS2 game is decent at least.
>>
File: gaia_by_kurohaneco-d3iuy4q.png (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gaia_by_kurohaneco-d3iuy4q.png
65KB, 600x600px
>>
>>15825572
What went wrong?
>>
>>15828131
There's a PS2 game??
>>
>>15831370
There is if you can Moon runes.
>>
>>15831370
Yeah, I think it takes place a year after the movie
>>
File: G-Saviors.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
G-Saviors.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>15831349
Having it being an American made movie with no budget. If G-Savior had been made nowadays it might have turned out better since we now have a generation of adults who actually care about Gundam. But it still would have been loads better if it was just an anime movie like F91.
>>
I've heard this movie is bad, but is it a funny kind of bad? Is it worth watching with friends to make fun of?
>>
File: G3-Saviour.jpg (498KB, 1920x1273px) Image search: [Google]
G3-Saviour.jpg
498KB, 1920x1273px
>>15831370
Yes, and it's the origin of one of my favorite unkown Gundam designs.
>>
>>15831561
I mean if you like riffing on higher budget SYFY orignial movies, then you'll have fun. For me, yeah it's not a good movie but it's not something I can rip apart like The Room, Birddemic, or a Niel Breen film.
>>
>>15831559
polestar entertainment is canada and even then they're not to blame for the no budget thing.
>>
>>15832542
Thanks for the correction. The point still stands that the film could've been much better if it was a higher budget anime movie.
>>
>>15832707
that ok. just wanted to be sure if it's a pretty common misconception or a really lazy reason to hate it "because it's made in america!" type of deal.

no doubt an anime version would work. still it's weird how live action mecha movies have little mecha in them no matter the budget (no, cardboard suits don't count). pacific rim and the bay movies have more budget than g-saviour several times over but they practically have the same amount of mecha scenes in them (by that i mean there are more scenes without mecha than with mecha).
>>
>>15825572
>It sure as hell was better than ZZ and most AU trash
Brother, you are home here.
>>
File: 3x3 G-Saviour kino.png (1MB, 2144x1154px) Image search: [Google]
3x3 G-Saviour kino.png
1MB, 2144x1154px
>>15825572
>Honestly wasn't that bad.
I agree-
>It sure as hell was better than ZZ
-oh it's a bait thread.
>>
is the gp03 a suitable "close enough" gunpla for the g-s space mode if you can't get one?
>>
File: 53512408_p0.jpg (241KB, 2722x3508px) Image search: [Google]
53512408_p0.jpg
241KB, 2722x3508px
artistic freedom aside (several details are changed. tags has 'gundam barbatos' in it)...

beam wings look good on the g-s
>>
Watched it years ago, expected it to be complete garbage because of online hearsay. Because my expectations were so low, I actually enjoyed it a lot.

Sure, certain plot points are hokey, but the "scifi original movie quality" take many people now have on it is spot-on. Gives me the same sort of impression as something like, say, Guyver 2. Something you'd catch on TV on a lazy Sunday.
>>
>>15833034
pretty much that. a good way to pass the afternoon.

no need to obsess "what does this mean?!!" and devote your life analyzing scenes/the whole movie.
>>
If there's anything we can take away from G-Saviour, its that the mobile suit designs were faithful to the series. The titular gundam had all of the characteristics and looked like something that could be in a UC series.

If Hollywood ever gets the idea to adapt Gundam, expect the designs to looks like Transformers.
>>
>>15833111
Very underrated point right here. Even with the dated CG, the suits looked decent. Good, even. The titular suit is sick.

I know this has already been beaten to death on this board, but Hollywood can't into design. Staffing fifty billion paid professionals on 3dsmax/maya doesn't make up for poor design.

Unrelated, but the only thing I missed aesthetically in G-S was how-- presumably because of limitations in the effects-- they had to have old-style closed cockpits rather than the open, more cinematic Zeta-V era ones.
>>
It had some weird acting moments, and the low budget was evident, but the basic idea, story, and execution weren't too bad. And that on top of a premise that's actually interesting when compared to most tripe that passes for a feature film these days.

Doctor chick was cool. She and Hiro Protagonist actually had a surprising amount of chemistry.
>>
>>15833189
can anyone believe remnants would still be a thing that far in UC?

especially when the EF is effectively dead (one can argue CONSENT is the EF, just rebranded/reorganized).
>>
>>15825572
The G-Saviour itself is a top tier MS
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.