[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does ZZ Gundam get better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: wtfisthisshit.jpg (51KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthisshit.jpg
51KB, 600x346px
So Zeta is my favourite Gundam and I've finally torrented ZZ to see what happens to Neo Zeon

I'm about eight episodes in so far and I can't really say I'm enjoying it so far. People complain that Zeta was too ''edgy''; whereas I thought it was a pretty realistic depiction of how horrible war actually is (For MSG ofc)

So now I'm watching this and I'm starting to grow tired of shenanigans V2 with Shinta, Qum, Bright and Fa.

The entire thing is trying way too hard to be funny at times and the Argama is still fucking docked (Or about to leave) side 2.

Does Char show up at some point? Why the hell is Haman being portrayed in a loving/caring light? Why is the main Zeon villain not really a villain at all and hopelessly incompetent?

>tldr this sucks so far, does it get better
>>
If you don't fucking like a show, why would you keep on watching it?
>>
>>15824887
Read the title of the thread
>>
>>15824892
>Read the title of the thread

ZZ does get better, just don't expect Zeta levels of autism, douchebagery, and unlikable characters.
>>
>>15824881
The ten first episode are a drag, it gets better whn they leave (at ep9 I think). It'll still get the same kind of mood and silly shenanigans with beecha and mondo, but at least the general story gets more serious and it actually progress.
The main beginning villain is suppose to be ridiculous, Haman is portrayed as such because that's his own way of seeing her, he will take a big step back for a while though. When you finally get to the real Haman, she's nothing like that obviously. The other villain are much more serious.
It does get better but it'll never be as dark as Zeta or MSG and never totally lose the humourous tone.

Char doesn't show (only back in CCA) but Kamille does repeatedly.
>>
>>15824906
>>15824908
Goddamn
>>
>>15824908
>Char doesn't show

His twin does show up though in the desert arc.
>>
>>15824881
>I thought it was a pretty realistic depiction of how horrible war actually is

HASHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>15824881
Funny how Zeta is also my favorite but i never hated ZZ. I really don't see how you could hate it but love the original with all its Kai antics. Also, Episode 36 is pure Gundam kino, probably the best directed work in UC.
>>
>>15824944
That was Quattro's twin though.
>>
>>15824881

After the Africa arc it gets so much better. Watch around 18 /19 / 20, and then from there watch the Dublin arc, which is an amazing arc.

Then just keep going, because they introduce the Nahel Argama after that.
>>
>>15824881
It gets better about half way through.

The whole vibe changes, yet still retaining some of the comedy.

I literally just finished it today.
>>
I hated ZZ on my first watch, in part because I went in expecting Zeta 2 and it's just not that. Went back and watched it when the BD rips got subbed a couple years ago though, and it's a good show in its' own ways.

There is a lot of "nothing happens for multiple episodes" in the show though, which can be frustrating. The Federation is exhausted and Neo Zeon is primed to invade at the end of Zeta, but it takes forever for anything other than skirmishes to happen.
>>
>>15824881
ZZ gets better during a certain arc and then afterwards dives back into the shitpile. I dropped the series less than 10 episodes away from completing it.
>>
>>15824881
It's shit all the way through.
>>
>>15824881
There are like three decent episodes at most. Hell near the end Bright loses it and quits
>>
>>15824881
IIRC, around ep 17/18 or so, Mashmyre and the other useless goons suddenly start fighting for reals. I assume thats when Tomino took over? You could just skip to there, nothing much happens between getting the ZZ and then.

And if you don't like the tone it sets at that point, you probably won't like the rest of the series.
>>
>it's another should I keep watching zz thread.

Either keep watching it or don't. Why do you need others to tell you what to do. Draw your own conclusions
>>
>>15827005
>There is a lot of "nothing happens for multiple episodes" in the show though, which can be frustrating.
>Forgetting about the endless meaningless "kamille fights Yazan, Kaz does dumb shit" episodes
>>
>>15824881
You shouldn't of watched it right after Zeta. People go into it expecting it to be Zeta Part 2. When, in actuality, it's Judau & Pals. Though shit does get real later.
>>
>>15824955
Kai's awesome, that's why
>>
>>15824881
There's a middle section that's the closest to a serious Gundam show you get. Even after ZZ "gets good" there's plenty of awful episodes and character arcs.
>>
>forgot to order the ZZ Ver.Ka
fug
>>
>>15831034
After it "gets good", they have another Moon Moon arc, so yeah.
>>
>>15827229
I was just about to say that. Zeta has far more of nothing happening than ZZ. The whole middle after Kamille returns to space is a bunch of nothing.
>>
>>15831426
Even if Kamille and the Argama are doing nothing, you as the viewer get to see Scirocco and Haman scheming, various locales being fought over, and general character developments. Still not great, but ZZ had really flat characters and most changes in allegiance reverted in a couple episodes (Looking at you, Mondo and Beecha). Add on that almost nothing happened in the actual plot for most of the series, and it's harder to say that nothing happens more often in Zeta than ZZ.
>>
Gets okay in Africa/Middle-East, gets Zeta Gundam-tier in Dublin, then it gets shittier than the first 15 episodes when they go back to space.
>>
I have enjoyed a lot of Gundam installments so far but Zeta bores the fucking hell out of me.

I'm legit having problems powering thru it.
>>
>>15831711
This is accurate.
>>
>>15831756
Then you don't enjoy Gundam.
>>
File: lgaimmain.jpg (42KB, 429x165px) Image search: [Google]
lgaimmain.jpg
42KB, 429x165px
I'm watching ZZ Gundam too. While Mashymere may not be a good heavy metal pilot at least his relation with chara is funny. Haman does a good job leading the poseidal army. Kyao and Mondo are always trying to pawn the Zeta Gundam to get into the regular army but that's funny in itself. It kinda startled me that Roux was in the elite 13.
>>
>>15831711
Getting the Nahel Argama was pretty cool, plus the final battle.

....but that's about it.
>>
>>15833350
>Roux was in the elite 13
What's the elite 13?
If it has something to do with her being a good pilot, then yeah there's a dedicated scene later on where she's supposed to be guarding an entrance or something and kicks major ass against an enemy squad. She's pretty much overshadowed by Judau but she's competent. Same with Elle to a lesser extent.
>>
>>15824881
This is coming from a guy who absolutely abhors ZZ and has it in my top 3 worst Gundams but:

If what bothers you about ZZ isn't the handwaving it does for Judau,Mondo and Beecha so they aren't instantly kept far the fuck away from piloting, you should be fine and yes it does get better. But you're gonna have to slog through Moon moon and roughly till the Argama lands on earth.
>>
>>15834171
Judau is kept in line insofar as Leina is more or less a hostage on the ship, and later on he's committed to the crew on the ship if not the cause. I view him like Amuro during the original series - absolutely terrible behavior and in normal times cause for reprimand, but the war situation is so bad they can't really afford a pilot of his calibur to sit on the sidelines. Judau gets away with his shit because ultimately he's a top-tier pilot on a ship that has almost no pilots left.

Mondo and Beecha never really have any reason to not be thrown out an airlock though. They cause more than a few problems with their antics and don't even have the excuse of "are great pilots" to justify getting away with their shit. Beecha eventually mans up by the end of the series, but it happens so far past any point where you can justify keeping him onboard. And Mondo is just a piece of shit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.