[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zeon War Economy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 34

File: IMG_1087.jpg (42KB, 240x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1087.jpg
42KB, 240x400px
Should Zeon have stopped producing so many different MS Variants and instead focus their production capacities on the Gouf and improve the Zaku chassis instead of going on to create 20 seperately specialized Chassis?
this thread is just a pretext to post Goufs
>>
File: IMG_1082.jpg (240KB, 326x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1082.jpg
240KB, 326x536px
>>15824624
more Goufes
>>
>>15824624
Zeon has to design MS variants for Bandai to see the toys and get their funding.
>>
>>15824624

I thought it was generally agreed upon that they did have too many fingers in too many pies. Hence the attempt to standardize by the United Maintenance Plan.
>>
It's just a Zaku.
>>
File: IMG_1003.jpg (166KB, 1600x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1003.jpg
166KB, 1600x602px
>>15824624
also, they should have stayed with the M-120A1, only improving the reciever and feeding mechanism to accept rounds with better Armor Penetration. The design is perfectly fine for weapons of that size. New Designs and tooling with very little imrpovement take weeks if not months out of youe production lines. Especially seeing that until Beam weapons became available, the new rifles made little difference.
>>
File: IMG_1084.png (49KB, 265x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1084.png
49KB, 265x242px
>>15824642
there is nothing wrong with the Zaku chassis. you can hardly tell a naked Zaku from a Naked Gundam. They should have done structural strengthening, iron out the teething problems and upgrade Reactors and Armor, basically what the Gouf became.
>just a Zaku
>mercs two Gundam(G)s with a competent pilot
>>
>>15824624
>>15824636

Look at it from the perspective of IBO. Everything is a Graze.

It's way more profitable to just pump out different Graze variants. But it's visually boring as fuck to see only variants of the same chassis.
>>
>>15824624
Zeon as the bad guy faction having more MS design than the good guy is a left over trait from super robot shows where you need to show new monster every week
>>
File: Jim.jpg (25KB, 271x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jim.jpg
25KB, 271x500px
>>15824624
No. Both the Gouf and Zaku were deemed inadequate for ground warfare; the whole reason the Dom began to exist and was adapted for space was precisely because it was superior on both fronts. The Gelgoog was in a similar position.

Perhaps it would've been a good idea to try and use upgrade packages on Zakus instead of building Goufs and Doms, or institute something like the UMP earlier, or to just cease production of older MS completely as soon as possible, or to not put focus on aquatic MS, but I'm too much of a brainlet to speak on it well.

>>15824685
You don't even have to do that.
>>
>>15824624
>Should Zeon have stopped producing so many different MS Variants and instead focus their production capacities on the Gouf and improve the Zaku chassis
But a shitton of those different MS variants were just improved Zaku chassis that were adapted to different environments, purposes, or technologies.

>instead of going on to create 20 seperately specialized Chassis
They just had the Zaku, Dom, and Gelgoog. About 90% of the Zeon MS family tree were just a modification of one of those three. The rest of the family tree were experimental things that never saw more than a few models built, like the Efreet, Gyan, or Zudah.
>>
>>15824701
>Both the Gouf and Zaku were deemed inadequate for ground warfare;
the Zaku I was inadequate for Ground Warfare, the Zaku II was the version adapted for Ground Warfare with several other upgrades, but still inadequate to deal with Gundams or GMs. The Gouf was literally the Ground specialized version of the Zaku, basically a Zaku III, and could very much deal with GMs while a Gundam still gives it trouble.

The Dom replaced the Gouf in production because it was superior to the Zaku II in space and good enough on Ground to warrant replacing it.

However, that was not my argument, my Argument was that the Dom was not good enough an upgrade to warrant completely replace production, the lag in the assembly lines from switching the Zeonic Zaku Chassis to the Zimmad Dom chassis probably caused enough of a gap that it didn't make up with better performance.

Instead, developing the Zaku II Kai for Space and the Gouf for Ground Combat would have ensured a smoother production and supply line.

All that effort should have gone into mass producing Beam Weapons, since even a Zaku can kill a Gundam with a Beam Rifle.
>>
>mass produce the big dam not the first reply
I'm disappointed /m/.
>>
File: IMG_1096.jpg (126KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1096.jpg
126KB, 640x370px
>>15824724
>big zam
MEDIOCRE
>>
>>15824715
The zaku II was not the version adapted for ground warfare. The Zaku II was meant to improve on the zaku I and fix a couple of minor issues it had. The zaku II J type is the ground version, and it was literally the same machine as the regular zaku II but with a bunch of the verniers and propellant storage pulled out to reduce weight and some cheapo cooling systems shoved in their place. The entire point of making the gouf was to have a machine actually built for ground combat instead of a subpar hastily modified one.

The gouf worked fine and dandy as a ground machine as you said, but then a competing company made the Dom as their own ground combat machine which blew its ass out of the water in terms of ground combat and zeon cancelled further production for the gouf and started making doms instead. And they went ahead and modified it into the rick dom for space because it blew the zaku II out of the water in space as well.
>>
>>15824715
>the Zaku I was inadequate for Ground Warfare
Nah, that's not quite accurate. The Zaku I was deemed inadequate for warfare in the first place. It was generally more of a early combat mobile suit for training that ended up having to be used in combat to bolster Zeon's troop numbers. The Zaku I was already technically phased out before the war even started, but were kept in reserve and on second line duties.

>the Zaku II was the version adapted for Ground Warfare with several other upgrades
The Zaku II was meant to be the first mainline combat MS. Old databooks even said that Kycilia considered the A type to still be inadequate and her orders spurred the development of the C type. The J or JC type is the Zaku II model that was adapted for ground combat, which meant removing a lot of the space-use equipment like maneuvering thrusters.

>The Dom replaced the Gouf in production because it was superior to the Zaku II in space and good enough on Ground to warrant replacing it.
No, that's not quite right. The Dom was developed was a ground-use MS only. It isn't until later that it is also considered for space use as the slightly modified Rick Dom. The timeline for Gouf and Rick Dom deployment

https://archive.li/8ftTD
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/timeline_footnotes.html

>the lag in the assembly lines from switching the Zeonic Zaku Chassis to the Zimmad Dom chassis probably caused enough of a gap that it didn't make up with better performance.
I know it's just speculation, but wouldn't they just set up new production lines as opposed to replacing them? I don't think they ever stopped Zaku production, they didn't discontinue the Zaku II.
>>
>>15824728
big damn Big Zam
>>
>>15824715
>since even a Zaku can kill a Gundam with a Beam Rifle.

Zaku can't into beam rifles. Their reactors aren't strong enough to power them without adding a big generator/second reactor onto a backpack or something similar like the zaku sniper did.
>>
>>15824734
>I know it's just speculation, but wouldn't they just set up new production lines as opposed to replacing them? I don't think they ever stopped Zaku production, they didn't discontinue the Zaku II.
well it's questionable they had the production capacity to set up multiple concurrent production lines instead of retooling existing ones, but even if, a new line takes time. And the war was only one year overall. And the war was almost halfway done by the time the Dom had been designed.
>>
>>15824738
it was more meant the Zaku chassi capabilities, it doesn't matter how bad your Suit is if you can hold and fire a beam rifle.

Just upgrading the Zaku Reactors generally could have done the trick.
>>
>>15824744
or maybe they can just mass produce dom beam bazookas and rework the elmeth's bits into portable beam guns that still don't require a strong reactor
>>
File: IMG_1021.jpg (490KB, 1268x865px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1021.jpg
490KB, 1268x865px
well, you got me. I was just a Gouf fanboy talking out of my ass the entire time, trying to justify getting more Goufs in the Series.

pls post Goufs
>this kills the Dom production line
>>
>>15824748
The beam bazooka is supposed to be a kind of shit beam weapon honestly and there's a reason basically no one bothered to start equipping older units or remnants stuff with them. Its got higher output and with a slight electrical modification an ms like dom and zaku could use it, but its huge and cumbersome, and is crippled by having a long recharge/cool off time after firing just a shot or two.

You'd be better off just haveing them use the regular dom bazooka. Its got several shots in it, is still destructive enough to one shot an ms, and you can carry more ammunition with you and reload fairly quickly.
>>
The Gouf was a mistake. Should have gone straight to the Dom.
>>
File: IMG_1099.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1099.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>15824764
offensive please delete.
>>
>>15824755
HG when?
>>
>>15824764
The thing is the Dom does not function that well in urban environments, nor do they function well in areas with rapidly changing elevations since both areas severely limit their agility. Zaku's and Goufs don't really have that issue due to their slimmer profile and ability to jump higher elevations, in fact the gouf excels in such areas. Idealy your Zaku, Gouf, Dom, and Gelgoog all work complimentary rolls when deployed together.

The zaku's act as fire support and hold ground, the doms act as heavy skirmishers charging flanks and breaking lines before skiddatling away before the enemy can regroup. The Goufs ambush then get stuck in and hold enemy units in cqc so the other units can do their jobs properly or outright destroy disorganized, damaged, or outmatched units (The gyan was supposed to take this roll in order to complement the doms), and finally the Gelgoog should be targeting specific problematic suits and things the other zeon suits arent equipped to handle properly since they are the only ones that have coveted beam weapons.
>>
File: hgbf039_dom_r35_pac_.jpg (900KB, 2346x1480px) Image search: [Google]
hgbf039_dom_r35_pac_.jpg
900KB, 2346x1480px
>>15824766
reminder that Ral wanted Doms for his men and his counterpart upgraded to a Dom

>>15824776
that dom in 08th MS team didn't have much trouble moving around the city and it quickly jumped over karen's RX-79
>>
>>15824776
Not that anon but I really feel like you've been pulling things out of your ass. It seems like you have your own idea of how MS history and doctrine is supposed to be, with both established material or lack thereof keeping what you're saying from being true.

The Zaku, Dom, and Gelgoog, as well as Gouf were meant to be general purpose MS, though the Gyan was a rejected prototype.
>>
>>15824777
the Dom was mobile as all hell when able to utilize it's thrusters, and well armored. But it's a lot more sluggish than the Gouf on foot.
>>
>>15824658
pretty sure that was a joke
>>
>>15824783
The whole point of the Dom's thrusters is that they're used at all times when moving. The Gouf is the slowpoke quite literally because it's always on foot whereas the Dom can just skate as needed. With that and other benefits in mind, there's little reason not to take a Dom over a Gouf.
>>
>>15824785
the Dom even looks a bit like sonic.
>>
>>15824785
I think he just means the Gouf is more agile rather than outright faster. It's less bulky, a few tons lighter, and runs over twice as fast as the Dom's running speed, but of course is much slower for traveling or cruising around compared to the Dom's hovering speed.
>>
>>15824758
I remember reading somewhere that since they ran directly off their own reactors, they suffered from the same issues early warship beam cannons did, it took minutes to charge each shot.
>>
>>15824779
I've never really seen the Dom as a general purpose MS. I mean sure it can fulfill that role, but the advantages and features it has allow it to be more than just general purpose. It can perform hit and run, flanking maneuvers, exploit an opening in enemy lines, or lead a charge.

And I would never consider a bazooka to be a general purpose weapon. I laughed at the idea of Doms being sent out with only ten rounds of ammunition. Anyway, I'm sure it wasn't until the later OVAs like 0083 that we see Doms being equipped with machine guns.
>>
>>15824799
They first start carrying MGs in 0080 actually.
If it's down to personal view I don't see why it couldn't; a Zaku or Gouf could do the same things, just not as well. You may use a Dom in tandem with a Zaku or Gouf to "perform maneuvers" but again, IMO, if you have a Dom that already does everything better than the other MS you may as well just replace them with more Doms, which AFAIK was Zeon's intention until the Gelgoog was introduced.
>>
File: Doms.gif (487KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Doms.gif
487KB, 200x150px
>>15824777
>Ral would've won if M'quve had actually sent him those god damn Doms
Makes me mad
>>
>>15824821
I doubt anythinh could have saved Ramba from the MC
>>
File: IMG_1017.jpg (83KB, 736x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.jpg
83KB, 736x640px
The question was never if the Dom is better than the Gouf, obviously it's better since it's a whole new Chassis with a new principle behind it.

The question was, if switching production to the Dom was worth it considering the militaric and industrial situation. Sure the Panther was a better tank than the Pz4, but if the Germans had focused on refining the Pz4 instead of producing more and more experiments, they could have probably fared better in the long run.

The german tank designs going overboard was a reaction to the T34 showing up in numbers, much like the Dom was a reaction to the GM and Gundam, meanwhile it would have probably better to focus on the Zaku II Kai, and set up the Gelgoog properly, instead of stopgap producing the Dom/Rickdom, which may have fucked the Zeon War Effort similarily to how being hellbent on the Tiger 2 fucked German armor production in WW2.

This is not trying to start an argument about German Industry in WW2, but to show how poor planning and reactional decisions can sabotage your own War Effort more than enemy action.
>>
>>15824701
But the EFF did the same thing they did in IBO, they just cranked out a thousand gm varients.

>inb4sideshit

Most of the autistic Zeon variants were side story shit added later too minus MA's and the base models.
>>
>>15824777
Doms are ugly in blue
>>
>>15824799
>And I would never consider a bazooka to be a general purpose weapon.
It is when those bazookas are clipazine-fed.
>>
>>15824624
It's rell more the MA and ricidulous number of amphibious MS they made that really screwed things over. The Doms still had its niche even after the Gelgoog as a heavy but fast machine, so its not as if it decame totally obsolete afterwards.
>>
Why didn't Zeon just take reactors from defeated GMs and shove them inside Zakus so they could at least use beam sabers?
>>
>>15824624
No because toys.
>>
>>15825401
Because machines aren't just plug and play with stuff like that, sizes, outputs, and connections are different. Hand plugs are different too, and you would probably need to upgrade the power wiring system as well to handle the increased output.
>>
>>15824639
The United Maintenance Plan should have been mandatory from the start. It's way easier to expand existing production lines than create new ones from scratch.

In the field, this means you can still run the old units with out of production mobile suits by using the parts from newer machines.
>>
>>15824977
That's exactly what I was saying- 0079 did it first. GMs are superior to Zeon MS for exactly the reason that they're a single, reliable frame that you can make a million variants of without actually having entirely new MS, which is what Zeon was doing.
>>
>>15824784
To be fair, Norris Packhard could have demolished all three Gundam [G]s if he switched to the Dom.
>>
>>15824921
He did come within a few feet of killing Amuro. Sadly, they could only make the heat sword so long.
>>
>>15825401
Because Zaku's didn't even have compatable parts with other Zeon MSes. Not before the UMP. at least. Plugging the wrong power supply in and you could very well fry the system or melt down the reactor.

Hell, I'm lucky because I work with standardized PC parts and even then it can be tricky putting together components from different computers.
>>
Zeeks are retards while the Feddies were smart because they decided to overwhelm Zeon with the GMs. Also they fell for the bait that was the Gundam and the White Base and wasted so many resources on them
>>
File: Ms06_Zaku_Thunderbolt_epi5_p01.jpg (115KB, 1188x675px) Image search: [Google]
Ms06_Zaku_Thunderbolt_epi5_p01.jpg
115KB, 1188x675px
>>15825547
almost as if one side were token bad guys in a 80s cartoon.
>>
File: ms 07 Gouf Custom.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ms 07 Gouf Custom.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>15824624
aww yeah fucker, Gouf thread
>>
>>15825609
Isn't that Dozel Zabi's Zaku?
>>
File: Zaku-ii-calendar.jpg (221KB, 850x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Zaku-ii-calendar.jpg
221KB, 850x1198px
>>15825706
no, it's a royal guard Zaku inside A Baoa Qu
>>
They should've just fixed the Zudah and used that.

Because it looks better than any of the other garbage Zeon designs.
>>
>>15825764
By the time they fixed it, Zimmad was already working on the Rick Dom. The Dom's supposed to have perfected versions of the same engine.

At that point Zeon had already standardized on the Zaku and there's no point introducing a Zaku competitor that late.

Besides, the Zudah still looks like shit with all those greeblies and the helmet's vertical bar that prevents the camera from looking straight forward
>>
File: oh-shit-big-zam-22004227.png (56KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
oh-shit-big-zam-22004227.png
56KB, 500x397px
ohhh shiiit
here's the only competitor worth mentioning
>>
>>15825618
That's a cute tinny shield.
>>
>>15825857
Oh hey, Big Zam!
https://youtu.be/8hloHkOpNRs
>>
>>15827583
Why the fuck is Ulube piloting some Psycho monstrosity?
Is Ulube a Newtype?
>>
>>15824932
>Sure the Panther was a better tank than the Pz4, but if the Germans had focused on refining the Pz4 instead of producing more and more experiments, they could have probably fared better in the long run.

They really couldn't. Zeon, like Nazi Germany, only had one small chance at winning the war with a quick decapitation of leadership and destruction of the enemy's head quarters. Both factions failed and consequently lost the war. Germany drafted 10 million conscripts in WW2. Meanwhile the Soviets drafted nearly 15 million and the Americans drafted 10 million. Throw in another few million from the other allies and Germany never stood a chance to win a conventional war of attrition. Even if history was re-written so that Germany had the T-34 and the Russians some shitty tank it wouldn't have changed the ultimate result. Zeon was also hopelessly outmatched with the Federation having 30x the resources and population pool to draw from. Zeon could have started mass producing Gelgoogs 6 months earlier and they would have still lost the war.
>>
>>15827611
I never made an argument for winning the war in both examples, but actually explained that it would have been far mor advantageous for the beligerent to keep the war production running constantly without retooling the lines.
>>
>>15824624
You know, this kinda theory gets blurrier by every UC gundam material release that has something to do with OYW.

The Gelgoogs were already ready for production, but halted to give way for the Big Zam, then new material comes out, Gelgoog was originally not able to use beam rifles, so it was delayed 2 weeks to incorporate it to the design, so they started to make Gelgoog Marine first.... etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>15828027
>but halted to give way for the Big Zam
who gave a Blockhead with literal brain damage executive power over Zeons War Production?

Also the argument is going around here about the MS production, when silly "Superweapons" like the Zim Zam and the countless other abortions caused more damage than simple bipedal MS production switches.
>>
File: Ymt-05.jpg (137KB, 690x394px) Image search: [Google]
Ymt-05.jpg
137KB, 690x394px
>>15824821
Ironically, M'quve should have sent him one of these as a joke, Ral would have won.

>being sniped so far away with a large AP round
>>
File: zabi-family.jpg (72KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
zabi-family.jpg
72KB, 471x600px
>>15828031
its the Zabi family.

Dozle wanted big mobile armors, Kycilla wanted Newtype weapons, Gihren wanted superweapons.

But to be fair, Zeon works fairly quick.
according to the new cannon, Big Zam is based on Apsalus 3 data, after battle of Kilimanjaro, which is end of October, Dozle recieved the data and proceeded to make the Big Zam. What is interesting here is Dozle still believes in Jaburo assault, and Big Zam is actually for earth use. They built Big Zam basically in around 1 month. no wonder it is still incomplete. And the new material says Dozle didnt want to sortie Big Zam until too late in the battle because it was not modified for space use.

Which all blur the argument of "will Zeon win if they mass produce Big Zam?"
>>
>>15828050
unifished Zeong did the trick against the Gundam
Kycilla was right again
>>
>>15828055
TZeon only had like 3 people who were confirmed newtypes at the time. It's just as bad as her brothers' superweapon fixation.
>>
I think Zeon should had developed a general purpose unit and stuck with it, developing customization kits to specialize the units for the task at hand.
>>
>>15824736
No Flim-Flam the Zim-Zam Goddamn Big Dam Zam
>>
>>15828101

Zamset Zimmer?
>>
>>15828146
Big Turn Z amdam
>>
File: IMG_0998.jpg (196KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0998.jpg
196KB, 707x1000px
please post Goufs
>>
>>15824624
Is the Gouf the last MS that used the Zaku styling (chest, legs, feet) at all? Like, the Zaku 1, 2 and Gouf are similar but the Zaku 3 only keeps the head, and other successors like the Geara Doga don't resemble the body either.
>>
File: 20107-3.jpg (122KB, 700x911px) Image search: [Google]
20107-3.jpg
122KB, 700x911px
>>15824624
Why the fuck didnt Zeon develop its own gundam?
>>
File: Ral.gif (14KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ral.gif
14KB, 210x300px
>>15824642
That's no Zaku, boy. No Zaku!
>>
>>15828424
That's what a Gelgoog is
>>
File: j2sz6abnw4rr3ka8.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
j2sz6abnw4rr3ka8.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>15824624

Those Bandai model kit designers gotta eat son
>>
>>15824658
>mercs two Gundam(G)s with a competent pilot
But Gundam (G)s are shit. They're even worse than GMs because they're basically prototype development units put on the battlefield.
>>
>>15824977
In IBO graze were only successful in one variant.

They had to role out a new MS just because the graze couldn't keep up.

Maybe if the conflict was more than Barbatos playing wack a mole they would have shined.
>>
I really like the forearm mounted gouf gun thing. The finger guns always looked really dumb.
Also Norris' gatling gun shield was pretty dope.
>>
>>15829407
Where does this lie come from? The Gundam(G)s were high quality Mobile Suits made from Project V parts.
>>
>>15829444
The problem wasn't the Graze so much as it was that Gjallarhorn pilots are used to being the bigger stick. So it was a problem with the pilot rather than the mobile suit.
>>
>>15829576
>high quality Mobile Suits made from Project V parts.
Literally just tossing untested, non-production extras together. Their powerplants are less powerful than the standard GM, which is why they almost never use beam rifles since it'd take their mobility away. And they have no spares.
>>
>>15829576
they're referred to as "Production Prototypes"
it's mostly a Ground GM, the Project V parts filled in what the production line couldn't mass produce yet. prototype military machines are designed to test most all variants, while production machines only carry equipment for its suited role.
Project V components are very similar to the F-14, they were discontinued due to complexity with marginal performance benefits for the average user.
as for it being "worse"? you can't repair the project V stuff because it was all limited run, so you tack on steel plates and newer GM stuff.
>>
>>15829662
>Literally just tossing untested, non-production extras together.
True. If they were all RX-78 parts, then they could just assemble more Gundams. Instead, it's a mishmash of all Project V parts.. including non-standard stuff, parts that didn't quite meet requirements, and stuff that was rejected. That's also why the RX-79 is just considered a whole new machine than just another product of Project V.

>Their powerplants are less powerful than the standard GM
Wrong, the Ground Gundams have reactor output of 1350kW. The standard GM comes in at just 1250kW.
>>
>>15829676
>>15829576
They had overall worse performance (But better armor) than the ground gm because to make all the existing project V parts work together correctly they had to put limiters on a bunch of the parts so that the gundams didn't tear themselves apart.

The GMs were designed from the ground up with all the newly built parts made to work together so they had a bit better performance in the end.
>>
>>15830385
Both the Ground GM and Ground Gundam have luna titanium armor.
>>
>>15830388
Ground GM has Titanium Alloy, only Gundams have Luna Titanium Alloy.
>>
>>15830392
ground gm did have luna titanium
>>
>>15830417
partial.
>>
>>15830392
You could at least look it up.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040420115453/http://www.gundamofficial.com:80/worlds/uc/ms08/mechanics/ms_gm.html
>Armor materials: Luna Titanium alloy

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/08thmsteam/rgm-79g.htm
>Called the RGM-79[G] GM Ground Type, it uses 80 percent of the same parts as its RX-79(G) predecessor, as well as its extremely durable Luna Titanium alloy armor, and its ability to use beam rifles, but is more powerful yet cheaper to produce.

http://www.08ms-team.net/ms/
>反面、装甲はルナ・チタニウム製のままであり、総合性能はRGM-79より若干優れている。
>On the other hand, the armor is made of Luna Titanium, and overall performance is somewhat better than RGM-79.
>>
File: h126_m0001.jpg (274KB, 1068x1511px) Image search: [Google]
h126_m0001.jpg
274KB, 1068x1511px
>>15830428
As far as I know, only the GM III was described as having partial gundarium armor. Where is your proof that the Ground GM only has partial luna titanium armor when just about every source say it just has luna titanium armor?
>>
>>15830461
my ass. This is a Gouf thread. I know very little about the GM variants.
>>
File: YMZ-06Z.jpg (241KB, 784x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YMZ-06Z.jpg
241KB, 784x1200px
>>15830477
Damn straight, now let's keep it that way.

Oh wait, it's a thread about Zeon engineering and economy.
>>
File: IMG_0985.jpg (420KB, 2065x1453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0985.jpg
420KB, 2065x1453px
>>15830518
>Oh wait, it's a thread about Zeon engineering and economy.
it's actually a thinnly veiled Gouf thread.
>GMs
>Zeon engineering
you'd be off topic either way
>>
What's the better one between an Efreet and a Dom?
>>
>>15830746
Gouf Custom
>>
My impression is that the Zaku line are the most easy to use, low maintenance and versatile MS in terms of weapon loadout.

Gouf is a veteran targeted, melee centric, more difficult to handle Zaku III.

Dom and Gelgoog are high performance machines that they prioritised in favour of more Zakus, but they overlooked how expensive they were and its training requirements amongst other operational drawbacks such as maintenance.

So the Dom and Gelgoog were a response to the tech race of the Gundam, but not necessarily as economically viable as the GM.

GM cost 1.4 than the Zaku and about on par with the Gouf in performance. Doms and Gelgoogs were superior but less efficient and economical.
>>
>>15830788
Then there's the mobile armor "superweapons" which worked once, then exploded
What a waste of money, even if zeon has infinite jewgold
>>
>>15830746
Doms when you look at the big picture. While an efreet is basically a super gouf when it comes down to it Doms fill a different roll on the battle field and gives Zeon a wide array of tactical options considering their ability to hover and their incredibly fast land speed
>>
>>15830818
Wasn't Efreet capable of hover movement too?
>>
>>15830818
Doms are the cavalry, specialised in heavy strikes and hit and run tactics.
Gelgoogs are the heavy infantry.
Zakus are the regular infantry.
Goufs are berserkers.
>>
>>15830788
The GM is on par or better than the Dom in most areas other than speed and armor, and their tower shields mitigate that last one.
>>
Doms hover 5x faster than the Zaku's running speed.

Goufs are about twice the speed of Zakus.
>>
>>15830831
Only the Efreet Custom. They can rocket jump though.
>>
>>15830837
I remember there was an efreet (non custom) hover capable in the Unicorn OVAs
>>
>>15830835
Body-wise, GMs are weaker, but their weapons and shields are more efficient and effective.

Ultimately, it is the contrast between one size fits all versus having 3 separate frames.

The Zaku was already deemed as obsolete when the GM was introduced.

The Gelgoog was meant to be the true successor to the Zaku in terms of versatility, hence the Desert variant and Cannon variants. But it definitely wasn't economical, especially with respect to Zeon towards the last months of One Year War.
>>
>>15830841
That was the Nacht, a postwar refit. None of the base models could.
>>
>>15830846
Schneid, not Nacht. The Nacht was in Missing Link
>>
>>15824624
Zeon can standardize all they want, the fact is they still didn't have the resources, the factory, or the manpower to fight an effective war against the EF once they've been driven off Earth. Much like the Huns and the Nips, they've effectively lost the war once their home country comes under attack.
>>
>>15830850
And Zeonquest.
>>
>>15828424
dude
Zeong
ZEON GUNDAM
>>
File: 1185250882184.jpg (104KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1185250882184.jpg
104KB, 600x450px
posting that good good dom
>>
Am I the only one that only like the original Zeon MS?
Zaku II
Gouf
Dom
Gelgoog
Everything else is a whore's child
>>
>>15831685
I don't even believe they lack resources. M'queve said that they have enough resources to keep fighting the war for 10 years.

Char even bought the whole Axis in gold.
>>
>>15830818
The Efreet isn't a competitor to the Gouf. Originally it's a one-off that was produced by the Zeon Earth Attack Force. It isn't produced by a side 3 company, it's just something the military engineers came up with when they were on Earth.
>>
>>15830788
>GM cost 1.4 than the Zaku and about on par with the Gouf in performance
M8, the GM shits all over the gouf.

20% stronger reactor, acceleration higher than the Gundam, almost 2x the sensor range of the Gouf, and has the data compiled by the Gundam's learning computer, which is basically specialized for MS combat thanks to Amuro. The GM is nothing to sneeze at.

I'd say the learning computer data might even give the GMs an edge over the gelgoog because software can do A LOT.
>>
>>15824696
Feddies have plenty of variants though
Remember that Titans = Federation even if it has a monoeye
>>
>>15832667
Human resources were being rapixdly depleted. Build all the MS you want, it doesn't5 mean shit if all you have left is a couple dozen pilots who never even finished academy training.
>>
>>15828086
She was probably banking on being able to identify more Newtypes amongst the Spacenoid population, had the war lasted longer.
>>
>>15832947
Even Doms and Gelgoogs were piloted by cadets. I assume that most cadets were prioritised to pilot Zakus.
>>
They really should have went all-in on the gelgoog.
>>
File: Capture.png (460KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
460KB, 471x600px
>>15828050
>>
Complaining about Zaku variants is like complaining that Nazi Germany repurposed a bunch of shitty interwar tanks for use.
>>
>>15833063
Solar Ray when?

Garma kamikaze when?
>>
>>15828245
This image really blends realism with mecha pretty well.
>>
File: Dodai2.gif (54KB, 550x385px) Image search: [Google]
Dodai2.gif
54KB, 550x385px
>>15832701
are you talking about the Gouf Custom or the original Gouf?

Because the Gouf Custom can rek Gundams with a competent pilot.

You also sound like a Anaheim salesman.
>>
File: Zgok 009.jpg (674KB, 1728x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Zgok 009.jpg
674KB, 1728x2304px
should've just made more Z'Goks.
>>
>>15824624
It is lame, but it is all for merchandising purposes.

My head canon is just to have three separate and independent strains for Fed and Zeon OYW MS.

Okawara up to 1984 MSV and maybe including M-MSV.

Izubuchi designs with just the War in the Pocket designs, no late war 2 month united maintenance bullshit.

Katoki designs with the Dom Tropen being the Ground Dom to the Izubuchi Dom.

I just can't have Zakus from all three mecha designers existing in the same continuity.

Zaku F, Zaku F2 and Zaku FZ should not coexist.

Gouf Custom is just Gouf Ver.Ka.

These late war models are all just artistic interpretations.

If we look at MSV 1984, the Zaku had the most number of variants, reflecting its versatility. The Gouf only had experimental ones which all failed except for the heavy arms one, while the Dom didn't have too many and have been supplemented by the ones in MSV-R.
>>
File: 0.jpg (240KB, 1174x948px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
240KB, 1174x948px
Lets be real here.

The Zaku II and Gouf are the best looking mobile suits in the entire series.

V fin fags need not apply

Sieg Zeon
>>
File: Machine Head.gif (3MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
Machine Head.gif
3MB, 533x300px
>>15835777
>mfw fucking the countless gundabbie variations in my Char Zaku II and Gouf Custom in Gundam Versus
After a certain point it's just a lightshow with these flashy cunts, I prefer good old mechanical look, and that'S what Early UC, more accurately OYW Gundam offers.
>>
File: 60e.jpg (29KB, 356x438px) Image search: [Google]
60e.jpg
29KB, 356x438px
>>
>>15833814
Yea, because the Gundam pilots were incompetent goons.

The Gouf Custom is almost identical to the Gouf in specs. The changes are in equipment which lets it operate a much better mid-range battle with unique equipment like the longer range heat wire and gatling shield.
>>
File: No V-fins, boy! No v-fins!.jpg (204KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
No V-fins, boy! No v-fins!.jpg
204KB, 1600x1066px
>V fin fags need not apply
>>
>>15831722
what if they had made a Zeongg
Zeon G Gundam
>>
File: 1462853554855.jpg (1MB, 3030x2145px) Image search: [Google]
1462853554855.jpg
1MB, 3030x2145px
>>
File: 1462391053311.jpg (2MB, 2544x3504px) Image search: [Google]
1462391053311.jpg
2MB, 2544x3504px
Zaku I master race
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.