[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char Aznable v Darth Vader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: WhoWouldWin.jpg (680KB, 948x1492px) Image search: [Google]
WhoWouldWin.jpg
680KB, 948x1492px
Both wear capes masks and German inspired helmets

Both are ace pilots with latent psychic abilities

Both are soldiers of an outer-space empire with a degree of independence from the military chain of command

So who would win?

Scenario 1: Vader & his TIE Advanced vs. Char & his Zaku II Custom alone in the cold vacuum of space.

Scenario 2: Vader & Char backed up by their respective flagships.

For the sake of the argument lets assume that 1 mobile suit laser blast = 1 fighter laser blast
>>
>>15823326
What about scenario 3: Vader and Char in a fencing match?
>>
>>15823326
I have to assume that the Galactic Empire has a far more intimate understanding of space warfare than sub-lightspeed colonists, especially when it comes to space battleships.

I never much cared for these kind of hypotheticals because more often than not it's either one-sided or comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>15823332
Char fences as an aristocratic hobby where as dueling is a core component of Darth Vader's Jedi/Sith training. It'd be no contest

Not to mention the Force.
>>
Would Amuro make a good jedi?
>>
I guess Vader will become Char's adoptive dad.
>>
>>15823393
What if Char also has a red lightsaber? He would fence three times faster than normal.
>>
>>15823442
what if Darth Vader was painted red?
>>
>>15823473
He would never be painted red, it's not angsty enough for him.
>>
>>15823473

Lucasarts has you covered fampai.
>>
File: New-York-Comic-Con-day-3-89.jpg (145KB, 449x800px) Image search: [Google]
New-York-Comic-Con-day-3-89.jpg
145KB, 449x800px
>>15823935

Though I much prefer "Run DVR".
>>
>>15823940

Close up of the helm (I think it's the same one).
>>
File: 480325616.jpg (264KB, 836x1024px) Image search: [Google]
480325616.jpg
264KB, 836x1024px
>>15823944

Also found a (salmon) pink Vader, just in case vivid red is too much.
>>
File: Char's_Zaku_-_MSV.jpg (41KB, 270x499px) Image search: [Google]
Char's_Zaku_-_MSV.jpg
41KB, 270x499px
>>15823949
It's ok the Zaku is mostly pink too
>>
>>15823326
>Vader & Char backed up by their respective flagships.
Doesn't a single turret on a ISD have the output of a star or some outrageous power scaling?!
>>
>>15823326
Vader wins in both situationns, and I say this as a gundmfag.
>>
>>15824076
even tho a mobile suit is more maneuverable than a star fighter?
>>
>>15824180

Vader's TIE Advanced has bubble energy shields, a hyperdrives and is probably at least an order of magnitude faster so I doubt a disadvantage in maneuverability would be enough to overcome the advantages it has. Even Minovsky particles won't do anything in this instance if Char's warship spreads them, since Vader can just aim using the Force.
>>
File: tomy-000243L.jpg (93KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
tomy-000243L.jpg
93KB, 500x316px
>>15824180
性能差がとんでもないぞ、タイファイターはワープでデキ、惑星から惑星に行けるがザクは戦闘時の回避攻撃こそ優れているが燃費はタイファイター以下だ
>>
Vader does some pretty dank stunts in Rebels iirc.

I'd wait to see how Origin TV Char stunts before making a call right now.

There might be something to extrapolate from PlaMoKyo when they have a Core Booster vs an X Wing.
>>
>>15824222

Fett in a fatt suit.

>>15824231

Vader does some even more ridiculous shit in the 'Vader Down' crossover comic Disney did a few years back. You could understandably not count it as canon, but it's still amusing to read if you find it. I can only find static pages like this, but he takes on 3 squadrons of X-Wings, killing most of them before Luke takes his unit out (along with his own) in a suicide run. Vader redirects missiles using the Force among other things to take out the opposing squadrons if I recall.
>>
>>15824285
I think I read... the start of it? Or whatever led right into it.

I'm mostly okay with Vader doing crazy shit instead of his on-screen OT powers of "stand there", "slowly move" and "slowly move stuff with the force".
>>
>>15824218
minovsky particles fry electronics that aren't specifically shielded from their effects. the problem wouldn't be his targetting not working it would be his ship not working.
>>
>>15823326
Tie fighters can't even hit target flying 200 meter infront of them doing half assed maneuvers
I doubt they'd get a hit on Azanable before he heat hawks Vader

but once the turbo lasers hit, the Zaku is toast
>>
>>15824231
Core booster was getting its ass kicked hard from what I remember until Kyo took advantage of a design weakness in the x-wing and jammed his booster part between its wings to slow it down.
>>
>>15823326
>mobile suit laser blast
Gundam beam weaponry is not lasers. Zakus don't even use beam weaponry.
>>
>>15824750
minovsky particles are described as acting like a continuous EMP, given that electronics in UC simply stop working temporarily instead of being ruined when minovsky particles are in jamming effect, then it's probably a relatively low power EM effect that distorts rather than destroys

guess what, space travel already more or less requires EM shielding due to all of that random radiation and shit out in space already, so odds are that basic FTL capable ships and even some sublight-limited ships already have protection from minovsky particles
>>
>>15824218
The standard Zauk II has a top speed of 88km/h

The Tie Advanced has a top sub-light speed of 12,000 km/h

Even if we give Char his 3X stat boost that still brings his Zaku's speed to 264 km/h
>>
>>15823396
No, because Amuro would immediately call the Jedi out on their backwards bullshit.
>>
>>15825562
Early Amuro would be too busy crying to do anything like that.
>>
>>15824763

What are you talking about?
>>
>>15823326
> German inspired helmets
But Vader's helmet and overall look were inspired by samurai armor.
>>
>>15825700
Things can have more than one influence
>>
File: mhm_dresden_15861.jpg (1MB, 2000x1243px) Image search: [Google]
mhm_dresden_15861.jpg
1MB, 2000x1243px
>>15825731
Further research shows that the helmet on the right belonged to Sadaam's Fadayeen unit from the Gulf War II so this is an example of fact following fiction

The point still stands tho, Darth Vader is what you get when you cross a Samarai with the Kaiser's finest.
>>
>>15823326
Depends, is this origins Char or regular Char?
>>
>>15826467
>Vader Down
Origins Char vs. EU Vader
Anime Char vs. OT Vader
>>
>>15825546
Sounds like the Zaku running speed, not space flight speed
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.