[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that time Crinn flew across a city in the Dougram?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: DvRF.png (644KB, 744x566px) Image search: [Google]
DvRF.png
644KB, 744x566px
Remember that time Crinn flew across a city in the Dougram?
>>
>>15819574
Haha, I think I remember this! Is this from that old "Battletech" animated short or something, where they were also fighting a Soltic in space?
>>
What the hell did Nanashi contribute to the group?
>>
>>15819735
I'm on episode 70 and I think the main group was very underdeveloped outside Crinn himself.

As for Nanashi, I guess he contributed his more instinct based observations, like an episode where he suspected something was wrong when he detected gasoline in the river stream which ended up being relevant on the Liberation army's advance.

Which is not much, but he did more than Billy(who could've been an interesting character if they ever explored how fucked up he is), Canary and that annoying fuck Giorgio.

Chico is pretty based.
>>
>>15819806
I think it would have been out of place to explore a minor and almost irrelevant character in a show like Dougram. Nanashi is just the only character you never hold a gun or anything.

It seems most people hate Giorgio, but I actually thought he was an improvement to the group, Nanashi was too distant to be a comical relief, but Giorgio filled in that role pretty well imo, he should have a cool moment soon if you keep watching, believe it or not.
>>
>>15819735
Being the best.

>>15819892
>he should have a cool moment soon if you keep watching

...not really. He had that time where he got duped somewhere in the middle of the show, and that was about it.
>>
>>15819735
he called their wrestling matches
>>
>>15819924
You don't think when he was distracting those feddie soldiers with his story about Crinn so that they could steal Dougram back was kinda cool and useful?
>>
>>15819806
everyone is totally undeveloped aside from giorgio
>>
>>15819892
>I think it would have been out of place to explore a minor and almost irrelevant character in a show like Dougram.
Then you make the character relevant and not minor. Its a good show, but most of the interesting characters are not even in the main group which is where they're supposed to be(unless they're antagonists).

My problem with Giorgio is that he gets too much screentime of him bitching and his contributions(both for the liberation army cause and to the plot) don't hold up when compared to how much screentime he gets. Billy, Nanashi himself or Canary don't do that much but they don't take much spotlight either. Chico and J Locke are the other way around.

Nice to know Giorgio is getting a cool moment though, and obviously with 5 episodes till the end I'll keep watching, I'm having a blast.
>>
>>15820047
I think the problem is that those mostly silent characters didn't have clear roles, the way Chico and Giorgio do, so they end up undeveloped and merge into the backround. Just one of the show's flaws, imo.

I got the impression the actual main characters were Samalin, Lecoque and Denon, glad Hesse Caramel got something. Probably just goes to show that actual war is just barely half the game.

I remember the last 10 episode being the most compelling. Glad more people are watching, though. It's a pretty overlooked show i'd say.
>>
>>15819574
Remember that time they skipped the war and just decided who got to rule Deloyer with a race?
>>
>>15820080
>I got the impression the actual main characters were Samalin, Lecoque and Denon, glad Hesse Caramel got something. Probably just goes to show that actual war is just barely half the game.
Yeah, even if I like Crinn enough, the political pwoer play between those is the best thing about the show. Denon is my favorite.

>Glad more people are watching, though. It's a pretty overlooked show i'd say.
Yeah, ever since I started watching this is the second thread about it I recall seeing. I started watching it because someone recomended it to an anon that liked LOGH(which I also liked).
>>
>>15819574
This was supposed to be from a promotional thing, right? I recall that the Roundfacer had metal whips in that thing.
>>15819806
Eh, I like Giorgio. It seems clear that the brought him in because "oh shit, we killed off Festa!", but at the very least, Giorgio is NOTHING like Festa, a lot more than I can say for Lockon.
As for Canary. I hated her. Every part of her dialogue is "WAH, WE GOTTA SAVE THESE GUYS. WAHH WE GOTTA GO BACK, WAHH WE NEED TO DO THIS, WAHH, WE NEED TO DO THAT.
I mean, I'm not going to do anything except watch and smile after you guys finish fighting, but I sure want a lot of things done!"

Man. THis series was FUCKING LONG. . It was what, like 75 episodes?
Personally, I like a long series (As long as it doesn't shit the bed near the end), but you could probably condense this down to 50 if you wanted.
>>
>>15819924
Isn't there a part where he attacks someone ambusing the gang with a hanglider?

I recall being satisfied with him doing something, because I was afraid he was just going to be comedic relief, but I can't recall any specific scenes.
>>
>>15820156
I wasn't bothered by the lenght even if it could have been condensed, it's the only thing Takahashi did that felt like it had a clear direction. I've seen anons claim that all the political intrigues were Kanda's responsibility. Votoms and especially Layzner were both clearly written along the way.
>>
>>15819984
If it was memorable, maybe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.