[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the original Mazinger TV series worth watching? I read the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Wikia-Visualization-Main.png (275KB, 421x360px) Image search: [Google]
Wikia-Visualization-Main.png
275KB, 421x360px
Is the original Mazinger TV series worth watching? I read the manga and enjoyed it but the anime seems like it might be slow paced repetitive episodic shit.

The only Mazinger related anime I've seen is Mazinkaiser and I didn't like it very much.
>>
Last three episodes of Mazinkaiser are where it's at imo.

You could give Mazinger Z a shot, you can always stop if you aren't liking it.
>>
if you did not like mazinkaizer then you wont like the rest of it

i feel kind of sorry for you actually
>>
It's up to you OP. Ignore the faggot above me, by the way. He's just a psuedo-intelluectual who thinks he's changing the world by having an opinion on something.

He's essentially the opposite of people who hate things because they're popular. He hates things because they're old.
>>
>>15817889

The first few episodes are a pretty decent introduction, aside from some really bad battle animation. After episode 6 or so, the show does settle in an episodic format that can get repetitive though.

However, if you can get through the first 30 or so episodes, it's worth it. The show is generally episodic, but after that point the animation has improved from the early battles and there are always small multi-episode arcs or new character introductions to keep things from getting stale.
>>
>>15817993
Thanks for the informative answer, I'll give it a try.
>>
>>15818020

You not like something does not make your opinion some sort of monolith. That's your opinion. Why are you such an insufferable fagggot?
>>
>>15818077
Mazinger being shit is a fact, not an opinion.
>>
>>15817889
Yes it is worth watching.
>>
>>15817889
>I read the manga and enjoyed it
Get a taste first
>>
I loved it desu.
>>
>>15818111

I'll be sure to remember that, random nobody on the internet.

>He deleted his original post out of embarrassment
>>
Toeizinger is kinozinger.

Stick to it OP, you will enjoy it way more than Mazinkaiser.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, Mazinkaiser turned Mazinger into a silly comedy. This isn't what the original Mazinger was about. It's a more complete show with comedy, drama and action.

>I read the manga and enjoyed it
Manga was pretty good up until the TV Magazine chapters, but yeah, the first half is amazing.
>>
>>15818966
Toeizinger is a shitty meme, yeah.
>>
>>15818966
>>the first half is amazing.
Let's not exaggerate here, please.
>>
>>15817993
Not OP (conversely, I've watched Shin Mazinger but HAVEN'T watched Mazinkaiser even though it's on my hard drive), but the length and the episodic nature makes me a little hesitant to get the Discotek DVDs but since I'm interested in Shin Mazinger ZERO at the very least I'll totally watch the Minerva X episode as I've already read the manga.

Similarily, if it ever finishes being subbed is Toei Getter worth a watch? I hear it's just a lighter version of the original manga and Musashi's death is changed from a heroic sacrifice to him Accidentally ramming a jet into the enemy base. Aside from that I've read the entire manga, watched all the OVAs and while I need to catch up with Devolution I did read the first volume or so's worth of content.
>>
>>15820509
It is very well paced.
>>
>>15820541
In the way that it is just as much horrible garbage as everthing else is in that franchise, yes, it's worth watching.
>>
>>15820541
I didn't watch all of Toei Getter, but from what I've seen, it's alright.

Mazinkaiser's problem is not the episodic nature, it's the nature of the episodes. The original Mazinger Z anime had so many good standout episodes that simply surpass anything Mazinkaiser offered.

And Mazinkaiser's best episodes were the comedic ones in my opinion.
>>
>>15820541
>I hear it's just a lighter version of the original manga

The original manga's tone is all over the place. You go from Hayato ripping apart someone's face to Ryoma giggling about how he might HOLD HANDS WITH SOMEONE and Musashi shenanigans. The anime is much the same - sometimes it's really, really silly, and sometimes you get dinosaurs carpet irradiating areas and Hayato brutally murdering a guy.

>Musashi's death is changed from a heroic sacrifice to him Accidentally ramming a jet into the enemy base.

That's a pretty big dismissal of what happened.

The final battle in the anime was a mass attack from the dinosaurs featuring multiple waves of troops to wear out or destroy Getter Robo (who had, in the previous episodes, gone into the magma layer and started destroying their bases.) followed by the Invincible Battleship Dai making its own assault while Getter was distracted. It mostly works, as when Getter Robo finally finishes Bat and the rest of them off, it's totally incapable of handling Dai and gets its shit canned. So they make a scheme on the spot to attach a missile to the Get Machines, combine them, and have the combined missile fire - using the Get Machines because Dai's blind spots were really small (If you ever saw that episode of Gaiking LoDM where Gaiking was frozen and they all had to put that missile together in combat - that's what it was based on.). But if you had been paying attention the few times they did battle in the Machines, Musashi is... not particularly amazing as a pilot, and since the day had exhausted all of them, he choked, which got Ryoma and Hayato injured.

At that point basically everyone's done. The Saotome Labs were destroyed for the third time, the few people still alive from the labs were injured, everyone except Musashi is basically out, so Saotome took the Command Machine (Michiru's shitty jet) with the intention of using a more completed missile and shooting it down the thing's throat...
>>
>>15820942
...but the Command Machine was damaged too, so that wasn't really guaranteed. Since Musashi was feeling like fucking shit about the situation, he knocked out Saotome and took over the jet, hoping to save Saotome's life and redeem himself.

...Then the Command Machine's missile jammed.

And its controls stopped working.

On the plus side, the fiery explosion happened inside Dai, which briefly rampaged (killing what was left of the Dinosaur Empire, which at that point was holding a party to celebrate their apparent victory) before going up. On the downside, you get a nice few seconds of Musashi freaking the fuck out in the cockpit as he realized "oh fucking shit, I am about to die because of a mechanical failure and there is no way out of this."
>>
Are we ever going to see the rest of Toei Getter subbed? The sub group that handled it last is dead as a doorknob, and /m/subs has enough all over their plates at the moment.
>>
>>15820942
>Hayato brutally murdering a guy.
You're not talking about that soccer ball thing, I hope. There is nothing to idicate that guy died.
>>
>>15821049
Caffin had already silently disbanded once, wouldn't entirely be surprised if it happened again. And the /m/subs releases were in sasword's hands... who seems to have gone quiet again.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.