[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medabots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Medabots.jpg (327KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Medabots.jpg
327KB, 1024x768px
What's your thoughts on Medabots? Why doesnt it seem to be as, or even more popular than pokemon?
>>
Possibly a case of too little, too late in the West, since the only games Natsume exported were related to the show. Back in the day it was rather easy for the uninformed to assume anything somewhat similar to Pokémon was a rip-off.

Spirits' reputation likely didn't help. as well.
>approve sequel to hit adaptation
>use none of the people who worked on it, including the studio itself, so it ends up bad
>>
>>15816381
how about the manga?

artwork is pretty... hard to digest for some.
>>
>>15815231
I loved it it, but I didn't see much talk about it during my elementary school days, I was really the only fan in my school/grade. by that time, yugioh was getting popular and I along with many others jumped on that boat. The anime was great but I only saw it via DVDs.
>>
>>15815231
this>>15816381

americans have this weird thing where they dont enjoy more of the same thing, whatever comes first is the original and everything else will seem like a rip-off, and judged on that.

In japan, you can have sentai, ultraman, kamen rider and metal heroes,

but in america, VR troopers and Masked rider (while abysmal) will always be labeled as a "rip-off"
>>
I liked the show when I was a kid, liked the random episodes I rewatched down the line, and the games I've played were fun. As for popularity, they kinda killed it with overmilking in its formative years in Japan, and for the west the show was only brought over due to contractual obligation and when it was actually really popular they scrambled to put out merchandise but they only had so much material to use.

Also there's a collection of the first five games coming out on 3DS at the end of the year in Japan.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/medabots-classics-collection-announced-3ds
>>
>>15816403
It's a gag manga. It's okay.
>>
I used to watch this on TV. It was awesome. Medaforce was basically super saiyan but for robots in my child mind.
>>
I absolutely loved it as a kid.

Looking back on it and giving the old episodes a view, I can see why. It was a great concept and extremely marketable, I just think that it came around too late in the West, as another Anon said.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.