[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now I know why people say Tomino's writing is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Now I know why people say Tomino's writing is shit
>>
>>15813067
Any true /m/an would do what she did.
>>
>>15813073
>hurr imma join the zeeks cos my parents divorced
>>
>>15813094
Fuck you dad I'm a powerful newtype now
>blows up dad's spaceship
>>
holy fucking shit

even ZZ was better than this shit
>>
>>15813067
hating a character doesn't mean shes poorly written.
>>
>>15813154
the *movie* is poorly written if it has annoying characters which ruin the audience's enjoyment
>>
File: cca.jpg (134KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
cca.jpg
134KB, 500x701px
>>
always knew this dude was a lolicon
>>
Char was right.
>>
>>15813160
YOU are a poorly written person if you think everything must be subservient to your enjoyment
>>
>>15813171
Char was just using her that's all.If i was char i will also take an advantage over her newtype ability..
>>
>>15813305
joke dayo joke
>>
File: quess rej.webm (882KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
quess rej.webm
882KB, 640x360px
>>15813171
proof he's actually not
>>
The ending felt kind of lame to me. I get that Tomino was trying to recreate the A Baoa Qu moment but it just fell short somehow.
>>
>>15813337
Goddamn i wish this actually happened. Gave me a good chuckle.
>>
>>15813067
WHY DIDN'T AMURO JUST GIVE HER THE DICK?
>>
>>15813621
His dick isn't for show
>>
>>15813238

Not him, but almost no one in the movie has a coherent motivation. Its a shitshow.
>>
>>15813238
THIS. All of you retards who say a show or movie is poorly written just because you dislike it or because a certain character does something you disagree with must be poorly written, too.

Whoever writes your lines should be fucking fired. And I bet your character designs suck.
>>
>>15814835
Just because you're braindead doesn't mean other people can't see their motivations (which are quite clear and coherent if you're actually paying attention and not constantly looking down at your cell phone)
>>
>>15813067
It wa obvious since Zeta.
>>
CCA becomes much more enjoyable once you realize you're supposed to hate her.
>>
>>15814867

Strawman harder. /m/ sold me for years on the "Char's just doing all of this as an extended suicide by Amuro thing because midlife crises" thing, and I bought it.

Imagine my surprise when I finally watched CCA and literally none of that is set up or even implied by the script. Its all fanwank made up by people to try to attribute some kind of rational to what is going on.

This is a movie where the Earth government sells a giant stockpile of weapons, in a station that has already been nearly weaponized once, to who is essentially one of history's most notorious living terrorists in return for worthless gold. Meanwhile, said insane madman not only sabotages himself and his plan for no conceivable reason, but his plan as described even if it works is just the slow death of billions of people, because if you make the Earth uninhabitable and force everyone on it to move to space WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO LIVE? If the situation is so bad that they need to leave Earth, they won't have time to build 20 more space colonies to hold everyone.
>>
>>15815140
So CCA is like everything bad about Zeta?
>>
>>15815160

>This is a movie where the Earth government sells a giant stockpile of weapons, in a station that has already been nearly weaponized once, to who is essentially one of history's most notorious living terrorists in return for worthless gold

They specifically talk about how the gold will help them fund their strained well-fare programs. They took Char's official policy ( we just want spacenoid independence and all that jazz) at face value, because they don't know him that well. Unlike Amuro and Londo Bell who know that Char is actually shady as fuck. Everyone in the federation knows that they fucked up with the Titans and that the AEUG were in the right, they even disavowed the Titans in Zeta by the end, and Char was the AEUG's leader - that is actually good credential right there. So yeah, it makes sense that they would think of just appeasing Char. They were too rash in doing so, but the feds have been incompetent since 0079.

>Meanwhile, said insane madman not only sabotages himself and his plan for no conceivable reason,

Since 0079 Char has consistently had an issue with his personal vendettas getting in the way of his political/ideological goals. Just look at what happened between him and Haman in Zeta, his own rash actions broke down negotiations and ultimately made things harder for his faction. Part of what makes Char's characterization so strong is his internal conflicts between the different parts of his personality and his constant self sabotage. Just look at what happened with Lalah. He could have achieved his political goals, but his own pettiness and vendetta against Amuro got in the way of him achieving that. That is great characterization.

> because if you make the Earth uninhabitable and force everyone on it to move to space WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO LIVE?

Most will die, Char explains that he thinks he has the right to punish the people of earth for their selfishness to Amuro.

Just pay attention when you watch Tomino stuff.
>>
>>15813067
Quess should have died realizing her errors
>>
CCA is just a remake of Zeta that is more in line with MSG, that's why it discards everything from Z and ZZ.

Quess = Kamille

Search your heart. You know this to be true.
>>
>>15813073
Right!
>>
>>15815355
I searched my heart, and it told me you're a faggot.

Quess is ruled by her newtype abilities latching onto every new person that passes her vision and is manipulated into becoming a generator for a war machine. Kamille is an autist that gets caught up in a war and blames the people he kills for being dumb enough to make the mistakes they did that lead to their deaths. The two are nothing alike.
>>
>>15815372
lmao get real, quessfag.
>>
>>15814863
>long haired lanklet with hobo-tier facial hair
yay im an fss character
>>
>>15815374
I fucking despise Quess, retard.
>>
File: 1432535541509.gif (671KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1432535541509.gif
671KB, 500x450px
>>15815372
>Quess is ruled by her newtype abilities latching onto every new person that passes her vision and is manipulated into becoming a generator for a war machine.
>>
>>15815385
Yes, that is what happens. She latches onto Amuro, then when he doesn't pay attention to her she latches onto Char. Char has her cyber-enhanced and sticks her in the α Azieru in response.
>>
>>15815389
>Char has her cyber-enhanced
This bitch didn't even watch the movie!
>>
>>15815397
I don't know why I bother. Cya.
>>
>>15815405
>got called out for being stupid
>he googled it and realized he fucked up
>tries to deflect his blunder with an escape post
lel
>>
>>15815389

Quess isn't cyber enhanced. Gyunei, Nanai and Char all refer to her as a newtype, while Gyunei referred to as an 'enhanced human' several times in the film, which is what is commonly translated to cyber newtype in English.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.