[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the strongest newtype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

>the strongest newtype
>>
File: Poipoider.jpg (212KB, 1273x956px) Image search: [Google]
Poipoider.jpg
212KB, 1273x956px
Meh
>>
>>15811904
Do not trust her dolphin lies.
>>
>>15811904
>Born on Earth
>Never been to space

Good. The more Deikun's Spacenoid supremacist crap gets discredited, the better.
>>
>>15812227
will that dolphin be in EF administration now?
>>
>>15812227
I'd imagine there's more need for spacial awareness/UNDERSTANDING abilities in the depths of the ocean than in space, it's a much harsher environment to survive in.
>>
>>15812653
guys...

newtype sharks

how f'ed are we?
>>
>>15812658
The sharks aren't nearly as much a bundle of dicks as dolphins are. We're already fucked. Probably literally. Probably in ways we can't hope to understand.

Whoever said Turn A's old pilot was human?
>>
>>15812666

The fact the cockpit was built to accommodate a human and Loran uses a normal suit he finds in the cockpit that's clearly meant for a human.
>>
>>15812653

The ocean clearly isn't a harsher environment for biological life to survive in given that life abounds down at even the deepest depths while there's literally no biological life of any kind that we know of in space.
>>
>>15812669
Meant is not the same as used. Where do you think the moon dolphins came from?
>>
>>15812666
calm down, Satan
>>
File: buster05.jpg (38KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
buster05.jpg
38KB, 704x480px
Dolphins are humanities greatest ally
>>
>>15812672

Nowhere, because Gundam doesn't have Moon dolphins; X's newtype dolphins are ocean dolphins, not Moon ones. And while the suit might not be the original intended pilots one, you didn't specify the intended pilot, only the one who did use it. Which the cockpit being designed for a human, with spine sensors that correspond to a human physiology, a VR display that fits a human head and so on.
>>
>>15812227
AWGX actually explicitly states that Deikun was completely wrong. According to D.O.M.E, "newtype" is just a new word for something that's always existed. There have always been rare cases of exceptionally capable individuals. In mild times, their higher capacity just isn't noticed. It's only in extremely dire situations where only the strongest will survive that you notice that some people are drastically better survivors than others. If the concept of "newtype" had been introduced in 1600, people would have been positive that Isaac Newton was one. Even in our oldest myths there are, in every mythos, individuals of inexplicable capacity surrounded by normal people. Throughout history there have always been people who stand out in times of adversity. If you accept the idea put forth in Turn A Gundam that 10,000 years have passed since UC Gundam, it's very clear that humanity is not on any kind of cusp of moving forward to a new form. 10,000 years later everyone is still an oldtype. The only exceptions to this are non-series fluff for 00 stating that humanity all underwent innovation, and the apparent prevalence of what we would consider super-powers in G-Gundam. But regardless of whether you leave the post-Turn-A shows out of the Black History, you still have Turn A as a world of normal people long after the superhumans of G-Gundam have disappeared. Even if you're one of those UC-CC-RC people who disregard all the non-Tomino shows and prefer the 5000 year span stated in the Turn A movies or even the belief that Turn A was only 500 years after UC, that still puts G-Reco an entire millenium after Deikun's prediction and entirely populated by oldtypes.
Deikun was unquestionably wrong.
>>
File: Dolphin_Rider.png (307KB, 615x507px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin_Rider.png
307KB, 615x507px
>>15812690
>because Gundam doesn't have Moon dolphins
Explain this.
>>
>>15812733

They're regular dolphins in an artificial river on the Moon, not Moon dolphins. They're no more 'Moon Dolphins' than the humans living on the Moon are a seperate race of 'Moon Humans', and not just people living on the Moon.
>>
>>15812707

To be fair Turn-A included a note saying that newtypes did leave the solar system during the Dark History, with the animation suggesting they were populous enough to fill multiple colony cylinders. X was also written to be an AU, even if you want to take the view that Turn-A unified all timelines in to one (bar Build Fighters, SD etc), so it's view on newtypes wasn't meant to be a definitive commentary on them. That said, Tomino himself took a similar view of them back in the early 80s when he wrote the Gundam novels, and they explicitly note that the Zabis and others just called people "newtypes" because they vaguely fit Zeon's predictions. Newtypes did apparently become numerous at one point regardless of that though, they just never eclipsed the normal humans that were in the system and left so that only base humans remained after a time anyway.
>>
>>15812744
>They're no more 'Moon Dolphins' than the humans living on the Moon are a seperate race of 'Moon Humans',
I guess you just completely missed the whole "earthnoid"/"spacenoid" thing in the entire Gundam franchise, eh? The moonrace in Turn A, the guy riding that dolphin for example, are explicitly referred to as "THE MOONRACE".
If humans living in space are "spacenoids" and humans living on the moon are "the moonrace" then that's a goddamn "moon dolphin".
>>
>>15811904

Further proof that all authors steal from Illuminatus!
>>
>>15813116
I forget, the dolphins in that were ESPers?
I thought they were just really smart, but it's been years since I've read it.
>>
Where's that one post on like, /an/ or whatever about fucking a dolphin.

That shit was GOLDEN.
>>
File: juspion_19.jpg (276KB, 1920x480px) Image search: [Google]
juspion_19.jpg
276KB, 1920x480px
>>15812678
>Dolphins are humanities greatest ally
There're expections, anon. They can be truly evil.
>>
>>15812227
First, Deikun is not Spacenoid supremacist.
Second, Newtypism is a genetic mutation. Mutations are not "caused" by the environment. They are selected for.
>>
>>15813098
You'd have a far stronger case establishing the Venusians from G-Reco as a separate race rather than the Moonrace.
>>
It's a mammal, so it's definitely a 乳タイプ.
>>
File: Knockout_fighter.png (1MB, 960x515px) Image search: [Google]
Knockout_fighter.png
1MB, 960x515px
>>15811904
ROUND ONE
>>
>>15812678
there was a sots anime?
>>
>>15812658
Their souls are probably weighed down by water pressure so im sure they will never be able to come up
>>
>>15813947
Oh shit, is that from the episode with William Shatner?
>>
File: day of the dolphin.jpg (63KB, 450x709px) Image search: [Google]
day of the dolphin.jpg
63KB, 450x709px
>>15813947

What?
>>
>>15817217
Underrated post

HIVERS FOREVER
>>
>>15812758
I don't think they said everyone that left was a newtype. There could have been 99% oldtypes, and the handful of current newtypes that existed.
>>
>>15812758
>Newtypes did apparently become numerous at one point regardless of that though
Questionable at best. The Turn units were, according to fluff, NT-use. Turn A fluff does say that the *colonies* left the Earth Sphere, not that the *newtypes* did. People jump to that conclusion because of Victory Gundam Side Story wherein Judau round up every newtype he can find to leave the solar system. But that was just two colony cylinders made into a sleeper ship and hardly fits the description of the colony exodus from Tomino's notes. Not to mention the whole DG Cells thing puts the colony exodus after G Gundam, not during Victory.

That said, I have seen people posit that G Gundam is actually the world of mostly newtypes. They don't call people "newtypes" because it isn't anything new or unusual anymore. Street thugs can kick sniper rifle bullets back at the shooter, people can throw fireballs, martial artists can kick office buildings up into the air, and Domon can BECOME TEN GUNDAMS TO COUNTER YOUR ATTACK. Even in G, though, these are not abilities common to everyone on earth or in the colonies, but they're common enough that no one really freaks out about seeing things like that anymore.

And as I said, even if you disregard every show except Tomino's UC, Turn A, and G-Reco, you still have an entire millenia go by after Deikun's prediction and mankind has not evolved into newtypes. If you do accept the Black History shows, then every era has had a handful of people with rare abilities but there is no evidence of progression toward a new evolution for humanity. Just because the author of AWGX didn't intend for D.O.M.E's statement to apply to UC doesn't change the fact that it's exactly what we see across the whole franchise. Rare abilities are rare, and mankind is not evolving.
>>
>>15812678
I've always wanted to know what purpose they served on the Eltreum besides just being token non humans.
>>
DESIGNATED

RAPING

CAVES
>>
>>15821491
I vaguely recall hearing that they assisted with FTL navigation, but I can't be sure about that.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.