[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you start preferring the movie trilogy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

At what age did you start preferring the movie trilogy?
>>
22. After watching it for the first time and going through the series twice.
>>
>>15810530
Last week, when I finally sat down and watched 0079 TV after about three years of being a Gundam fan and decided that the movies were, on the whole, a better experience.

Not to say that the TV series was bad, it's an easy 9/10, but the third movie is just so fucking immense, pretty much nothing else in anime comes close.

I also think the movies did a better job of handling the Newtype concept by first explicitly mentioning it in Jaburo, along with a proper explanation of who Zeon Deikun was and what he believed.
>>
I'm still in two minds about it. I really like that it gives a proper explaination on what newtypes and ties it into the whole plot better. on the other hand, you lose a lot of character development.

The core booster is a big improvement over the G-armor though. the latter's just too toylike.
>>
>>15810530
I don't prefer either. The TV series is seminal and great, while the first two films are decent summaries at the time, but Encounters is it's own thing and just as good.
>>
>>
>>15810530
You lose a lot of stuff from the TV series, even if nothing vital, but overall it really is the best way to watch 0079.
>>
>>15810813
It gets rid of the Gundam "Upgrades" which is a good thing.

Except for like one scene in III where you can see Sayla escaping the G-Bull.
>>
>>15810530
>liking the movie trilogy
People like this exist?
>>
>>15810530
The English Dub for TV is the best, IMO.

Also,
>Not watching the show up until Dublin and then switching to the movies.
>>
>>15810914
>No Shuichi Ikeda
Not even worth the time
>>
>>15810530
I have never watched the TV series and I love the movie trilogy

Please bully me
>>
I actually dropped the TV series and then watched the movies.
The TV series is just too slow and has dated animation.
>>
never. The movie trilogy cut my favorite OYW mobile suit, the Gyan.

Fuck the movie trilogy
>>
>>15811078
It's objectively better than the series.
>>
>>15810530
At what age did you realize the series and movie trilogies are still inferior versions of Tomino's novelization?
>>
>>15810530
Dear anon, could I possibly ask you to provide your reasons for suggesting that such a conclusion is inevitable in order to help me determine whether to hold your opinion in any esteem or did you create this thread with the mere intention to, if you allow me to put it that way, engender heated discussion?
>>
File: f19.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
f19.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>15811113
>>
>>15811092
That's not objective.
>>
>>15810530
15. In fact I actually got into 0079 by watching the second and third movies first.
>>
>Third movie adds the most new animation
>That was the only part of the show that had good animation to begin witb
>>
Which other Gundam compilation movies are worth watching?
>>
>>15810530
i'm 41
the series is better
>>
>>15810530
The movie trilogy is unquestionably the definitive version, they even use footage from it in Zeta.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.