[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Particle Bits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Fancy funnels.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fancy funnels.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
What are some mechs which make use of ENERGY bits/option like weapons? Sounds like a generic mecha trope at first but in reality it's kinda underutilized.
>>
File: legilis bits.jpg (175KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
legilis bits.jpg
175KB, 1440x810px
>>15806691
Most obvious example that comes to mind is Legilis, of course.
>>
File: Jehuty743666.jpg (366KB, 1120x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Jehuty743666.jpg
366KB, 1120x1280px
>>15806700
Of course, there's Ghirarga too.
Jehuty also has three Wisps used as a ranged Grab but the weapon itself is not actually meant to hurt things.
>>
IIRC the beginning 30 gundam had energy bits or something like that, if it counts
>>
File: latest.jpg (259KB, 1024x993px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
259KB, 1024x993px
>>15806746

To be specific, the Bg30 had physical remote units that could generate an I-Field near/around each unit.

Basically a remote bit-like weapon that could also remotely generate an energy field.
>>
>>15806746
>>15806765
So there're also physical (albeit very small) units that help in generating remote I-fields for the thing right? Not exactly what I had in mind but he should also be able to fight in the same way as the above units.
That said the prime example for these kind of weapons is still the Legilis Gundam according to my limited mecha knowledge.
>>
>>15806771

Yeah, the Ghiraga/Legilis purely generates energy bits.

The Bg30 can remotely manipulate beams by chaining its I-Fields together to impart some range to its beam weapons without involving its physical units, but it doesn't just shoot energy bits.

The Granzon/Neo Granzon/Valarm in SRW are other "energy bit" examples off the top of my head; the Grazon line skirts the OP definition, since they open a black hole that it fires energy beams into, and the beams strike their target from the black holes that open around it.

The Valarm is a closer example; it fires energy beams from its leg compartments that home in on the target. It sounds similar to the homing lasers of the Type theEND/Nirvash from Eureka 7, but the beams leave the Valarm completely before they home in on their targets.
>>
>>15806794
OP here.
Both Granzon and Valarm's "energy bits" in your definition seems to be only different ways to redirect the beams from the mech's own body. If the Forbidden Gundam or Regnant from OO have a Beam Scatter Cannon they can just literally do the same shit.
What I meant is those bits are literally just...bits, or funnels, they can be controlled independently and can also act as remote beam cannons or beam sabers.
The Legilis doesn't have that remote cannon function, but that Astebreed above can do it.
>>
>>15806691

>Astebreed

Nice.

The Float Pulverizers from Armored Core: Last Raven use actual energy spheres as Orbits last I checked.

Also, for those of you that say Gradius Options, that's false. They contain a solid component but have an energy aura around them. Likewise with Force/Psy-Bits from R-Type, though that's a little more obvious (Actually, the Force is technically a disembodied piece of a monster, so...?).

I know there are actual examples in shmups other than Astebreed but I can't remember them at the moment. I'll post back when I do.
>>
File: 27712-5.jpg (345KB, 770x924px) Image search: [Google]
27712-5.jpg
345KB, 770x924px
>>15806691
Do photon torpedoes count?
>>
>>15808016
They are not "bits", so no. They are torpedoes.
>>
File: sbs.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sbs.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>15806691
Here you go!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.