[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We're living in the AD timeline Awesome. I mean it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: elon-musk-spacex-space-suit.jpg (14KB, 400x245px) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk-spacex-space-suit.jpg
14KB, 400x245px
>We're living in the AD timeline
Awesome. I mean it's literally the only Gundam with an unequivocal good end. I'm down.
>>
I thought we switched to calling it CE because atheists get triggered by mention of the LORD.
>>
>>15806291
I still write AD for my classes and nobody stops me.
>>
>>15806296
No, I'm pretty sure you would get arrested for that. It falls under the same laws that criminalize saying "Merry Christmas".
>>
>>15806221
Cryo freeze me so I can see the rise of Celestial Being in 300 years
>>
>>15806298
I'm not in britain/europe.
>>
File: p017b.png (735KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
p017b.png
735KB, 640x424px
>>15806221
>he thinks our AD is the 00 AD
lol no, learn your basic history
>>
>>15806332
What do people have against Sydney?
>>
File: faye-and-family.jpg (57KB, 631x478px) Image search: [Google]
faye-and-family.jpg
57KB, 631x478px
>>15806221
>>
>>15806351
Shitposting capital of the planet.
>>
>>15806221
>Awesome. I mean it's literally the only Gundam with an unequivocal good end. I'm down.

That's honestly debateable given the circumstances of ELS's assimilation with mankind, but you are correct in that its one of the more positive endings for a Gundam series.

Happy end Tier:
Gundam X: Mankind begins to reform and rebuild, conflict will continue, but mankind will keep moving on.
G Gundam: The Gundam Fights will continue, but mankind seems satisfied and is ready to move on without the threat of the Devil Gundam.

Gundam 00: Mankind fuses together with ELS for physiological and Technological assents. Long term relation with ELS fusing with mankind is not fully explained, but it seems to be a positive one for mankind.

Moderate end tier:
Turn A Gundam [I guess G-Reco happening would bump it into bleak tier, but I found it to be a rather bittersweet end to Gundam before its existance]
Wing: Mankind completely disarms, not sure how long this will last [Have not read Frozen Teardrop, have no intention to either].
Age:100 Years of bitter warfare are brought to an end only due to the Federation offering up technology to deal with the Mars Rays, conflict possibly may resume.

IBO: The status quo is restored, mankind does not change or reform, but it moves on.

Bleak Tier:
UC as a whole if we consider Late UC's events, leads into total desolation.
CE as a whole, mankind is doomed to endless conflict as a result of Terminals actions at the end of Destiny.

Honestly the 00 Universe or X Universe would not be to bad to live in compared to the other hellhole timelines.

UC is a never endings conflict between Earth and Space, first between the Federation and Zeon, then a rogue Monarchy, then finally the Jovian Empire. It cant be fixed.

CE is an endless conflict between pure humanity and a dying breed of ubermen. Even with Lacus assuming the throne as defacto dictator of ZAFT, the conflict between these two groups will never come to an end.
>>
>>15806463
Happiest Tier
SDGF: lacroa is restored, ark is at peace, neotopia creates bridges to both. dark axis remnants reform (implied) and madnug future is implied to be averted.

can't get happier than that.
>>
>>15806463
The Cordinators sterility is still a thing? Naturald have just to wait two fucking gens and things will come back normal for them.
>>
>>15806291
Well, that's not going to solve anything, since CE immediately remind me to sing the praises of our Lord and Savior Jesus Yamato, Beamspamma in the highest.
>>
>>15806503
2 generations is sufficient time for them to solve the sterility problem. Nevermind the fact that both factions have access to cloning technology.
>>
>>15806503
The Sterilitys effects were not stagnant across the board, however you are right to say simply waiting out the Coordinators may have worked, though many Coordinators like Durrandal and Patrick Zala already had ambitions to fight back for survival.

Annihilating the PLANTs was the only real way to fix the issue, the surviving Coordinators would either radicalize and starting fighting in terror plots, or go into hiding, breeding among themselves or with naturals. Had Azrael chose to actually dedicate his forces nuclear armaments to attacks GENESIS first, then recouping his forces to fight the PLANTs, a better future than the one currently had may have come to be.

Destinys ending implications yield a rather bleak future for mankind and Coordinators, Naturals have lost all of its major leads, along with its own national identity being thrown into disorder with Lacus's forces looming around in space, and the sterility problem still lingers for Coordinators, along with the threat of future terror attacks in retaliation for its actions in Destiny.
>>
>>15806463
You forgot
>Basically Fucking Utopia Tier:
Gundam Build Fighters
>>
>>15806463
Just a correction there anon, there was no indication that mankind as a species assimilated with the ELS. the els in the movie assimilated with humans during the fights and with the one girl that was an innovator in the need for communication via quantum brain waves. Setsuna assimilated with the els to further the peace between species but prior to him doing his wormhole jump, the els had stopped its attack and created the giant space flower as a sign of peace and apology.
>>
>>15807130
you mean "all gundam universes are irrelevant because they're mere playthings" universe?
>>
>>15807375
Plaything it ay be but still fun to think about
>>
>>15806519
>>15806463
>Power vacuum in the PLANTs after all their leaders get killed or arrested at the end of SEED
>Fucks off to an orphanage because she doesn't want anything to do with the situation
>But then secretly starts a spy organization good enough to steal the motherfucking Strike Freedom without anyone knowing
>Durandal fills the power vacuum, leading to the events of Destiny
>Swoops in at the last minute to claim dominion over all of Earth after Durandal does 90% of the work
Lacus is one of the most Machiavellian characters in all of Gundam, and Destiny would've been far more interesting if it hasn't pretended she wasn't.
>>
>>15806298
>>15806291
Holy shit go cry about this in church, you fucking bible-humper. Your kind has been persecuting people for centuries and you're gonna sit here and act like a fucking victim just because don't say 'merry christmas' anymore?

I wish we still had lion pits for people like you.
>>
>>15808318
lol calm down fedora
>>
>>15808318
Jeez anon, it's not our fault that your parents were religious fanatics.
>>
>>15808318
Meanwhile, you atheists still blatantly defend Muslims despite them doing much worse.
>>
>>15806351
Nobody, they got obliterated entirely on accident.
>>
>>15809072
I'm not convinced that's true. Christian extremists just have the veneer of institutional legitimacy (in the West).
>>
>>15808318
hahahah, nice memes! I can't wait until I see this on reddit, christfags BTFO!! :D
>>
>>15806298
>It falls under the same laws that criminalize saying "Merry Christmas".
Source? Is this a thing in the US?
>>
>>15808318
>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/tumblr/
NOW
>>
>>15812843
No its not.
>>
>>15812905
Not ANYMORE.
>>
>>15806351
Sydney is basically the New York of Australia. Melbourne is the San Fran.
>>
>>15806463
>Turn A
>moderate end
Am I the only one who thinks that egg that formed around the Turn units is going to hatch into a new Devil Gundam in a few centuries?
>>
>>15806463
>IBO: The status quo is restored, mankind does not change or reform, but it moves on.
That seems slightly wrong? Life goes on but there were heavy changes.

The government was heavily reformed from a absolute authoritarian aristocratic feudal system back to a somewhat accountable democratic unified one even encompassing territories which would not submit to the previous rule.

Treaties were fully ratified with proper enforcement to try stamp out child slave labour and prevent a repeat of the McGillis rebellion.

Mars finally has proper established independent of Earth government and infrastructure with friendly equal trade relations.
>>
>>15808318
Read Daniel 6, I think you'll find that lion pits don't quite work on us.
>>
>>15812945

Probably not, but it doesn't make any sense why it would. The egg was formed by the two sets of nanomachines attacking and consuming each other, so even if they had an indefinite lifespan all they'd do is keep generating new nanomachines and consuming each other. They don't have an indefinite lifespan though, and generally don't last that long after activation before assimilation in to something else, be it the unit itself for the sake of repair or the ground to help restore the Earth as it does after a Moonlight Butterfly attack. If they lasted more than a few minutes then where are the nanomachines Merrybell used when she activated the Moonlight Butterfly, and why aren't they off terrorising Ameria on their own?
>>
>>15806221
Anon.....
Let me tell you about the jews.
>>
>>15806298
But buggering choir boys is still a-ok. ;)
>>
>>15808318
>lion pits
Ironically, this was proven to be a fabrication of later Christian Apologists. There was never a mass-feeding of Christians to lions.
>>
>>15809072
Muslims believe in a scumbag child-rapist, Christians believe in a god who "impregnated" a young teenager. I'd say you have something in common. :^)
>>
>>15806221
>literally the only Gundam with an unequivocal good end
>Mankind is raped forever by slime aliens
No.
>>
>>15806463
Why do people come up with these fake lists?

All the series become Turn A.
>>
>>15816712
>All the series
Actually G-Reco is, unfortunately, the farthest chapter in the story now. I know this is the wrong discussion to be quoting a wizard in a unicorn movie, but:
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."
>>
>>15816712
Debatable, everything pre-Turn A can be said to have happened in the Dark History, while series like Age and IBO are still within the possibility of being in the Dark History, but not confirmed.

The two that literally don't work at all for the Dark History are CE [Seed] and A.D [00], Given how those series directly mention the transition into the current timelines they follow.

While fan theory without much clarification from Sunrise...

CE: A timeline made as a result of mankind pursing genetic development instead of full fledged space colonization and development. Mankind splits into two subclasses, real natural born humans, and artifically created Coordinators. Hints that newtypes exist have been sprinkled into the series, but without much explanation as for why. Ends on naturals entering into a dark age and Coordinators still suffering from the sterility flaw [Unless we take Destiny Astray into account, in which a cure exist, but apparently its unethical to use it or something?]

A.D: Mankind chose to pursue Solar Energy instead of going into Nuclear Fusion cooled by Helium-3, leading to the development of Orbital Elevators instead of outright O'Neil Colonies like in U.C. Ends with total peace and enlightenment by fusing together with T-1000 Aliens. Impossible for its events to go into Turn A.

Those are the only two with no ability to be a part of the Dark History, everything else technically can.
>>
>>15808318
>American doesn't understand Christian theology.

>When the world shook and the sun was wiped out of heaven, it was not at the crucifixion, but at the cry from the cross: the cry which confessed that God was forsaken of God. And now let the revolutionists choose a creed from all the creeds and a god from all the gods of the world, carefully weighing all the gods of inevitable recurrence and of unalterable power. They will not find another god who has himself been in revolt. Nay (the matter grows too difficult for human speech), but let the atheists themselves choose a god. They will find only one divinity who ever uttered their isolation; only one religion in which God seemed for an instant to be an atheist.
>>
File: 1413777116566.jpg (270KB, 1279x520px) Image search: [Google]
1413777116566.jpg
270KB, 1279x520px
>>15816942
Okay, that A.D. theory is bullshit.
Minovsky's Helium-3 reactors weren't developed until over 70 years after the O'Neil colonies. They were developed *in* an O'Neil colony. Also CE is confirmed Black History because they purposed exactly copied the Lunar Capital for Copernicus City. It's clearly meant to be the same city on the moon, meaning not only is CE part of the Black History, it probably goes right before the Turn X was found.
>>
>>15817087
>purposed exactly copied
*purposely exactly copied
>>
>>15817087
I was unaware of those city similarities in Destiny, good find. Regardless of aesthetics however, I just don't see how CE could possibly factor into the Dark History, Even less with 00. In terms of the Helium3 reactors, I thought it was still being used for Nuclear Fusion facilities during the dawn of the Universal Century.
Even with all this said though, without a statement from Sunrise, all of this remaons in the realm of theories and hunches, for everything post Turn A.
>>
File: 1414872133839.jpg (392KB, 1279x520px) Image search: [Google]
1414872133839.jpg
392KB, 1279x520px
>>15817183
Here's a comparison of the inside of the city also.
>>
File: Black_History_MG_Turn_X.jpg (107KB, 520x705px) Image search: [Google]
Black_History_MG_Turn_X.jpg
107KB, 520x705px
>>15817183
>without a statement from Sunrise
They're all listed right here (pic)
UC, CC, FC, AC, AW, CE, AD, and AG
in a write-up about the Black History
in an official Bandai product that the shows are made to advertise for
>>
>>15817416
The resemblance between these area's is definitely intresting, though I imagine the designs most likely came from Fukuda's own personal enjoyment of Turn-A [Much of the basis for the original thesis of Seed was based off of the Earth/Moonrace conflict], Still it does leave some questions to why they look so similar.

I appreciate the information. While it does not get us any closer to figuring out what's up with the order of Black History, its good to have the clarification on some of these events.
>>
>>15806221
>>15806291
It's CE because it makes more sense.

We live in 2017 CE. The era before us was BCE. Deal with it.
>>
>>15806463

But the Gundam X Universe, at least down on Earth, is an actual hellhole where random thugs with mobile suits constantly harass people and do whatever they want?
>>
>>15817522
Most of the larger thug syndicates were wiped out in the Federations reunification plan, granted some small packs of them still live. With the Federation and Spacenoid factions basically wiped out, mankind is starting to get back up on its feet. While thugs and terrorist continue to exist, they are no longer the central concern of mankind. Unlike before where mankind was still fumbling around from the colony drops, they have mostly gotten to the point where they can start rebuild, no matter how long it takes.
>>
>>15806463

What's bleak about an ending where a war is stopped but the concept of war isn't banished forever? Frankly the fairy tale ending of Endless Waltz with it's 'nĂ³ more mobile suits' feels more silly and out of place than something like X or Turn-A, where there will almost certainly be more conflict at some point down the line, but the causes of the source of conflict within the show have been resolved, so there's unlikely to be conflict based on the same things. Which is really as good as it gets.
>>
>>15817520
there is literally zero difference.
>>
>>15818324
Objectively wrong. AD was supposed to be based on the birth of Christ, but they actually got the year wrong which means Christ was born in AD 3. Therefore, AD doesn't make sense since it was established in error. Better luck next time.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.